03x21 - The Dawn Patrol

All episode transcripts for the TV show "The O.C.". Aired August 2003 - April 2007.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

A troubled youth becomes embroiled in the lives of a close-knit group of people in the wealthy, upper-class neighborhood of Newport Beach, Orange County, California.

03x21 - The Dawn Patrol

Post by bunniefuu »

COHEN HOUSE

KIRSTEN: Nice job on the grill, Seth. Those swordfish look perfect.

SANDY: Wow, the student becomes a master. There's a new king of the B-B-Q. I cede you my oven mitts.

SETH: And here I thought I was destined to live in your shadow. See, buddy? No need to become a fisherman after all.

RYAN: Yeah, that was a bad idea.

SETH: We all have our moments.

RYAN: You mean like you lying to Summer and breaking up with her to cover it up?

SETH: No, actually, I think that was a great idea.

RYAN: Yeah, 'cause what was your other option: telling her the truth?

SETH: Exactly.

RYAN: Yeah.

SANDY: What are you guys talking about?

SETH: Nothing.

RYAN: Nothing.

KIRSTEN: Ryan, I don't know if you saw, but your graduation tickets came.

SANDY: Aisle seats. Nice! Although you'd think after sending two kids to Harbor, they could cough up more than two tickets per student.

KIRSTEN: He's just worried about the Nana.

SETH: Well, she is an excellent clapper.

SANDY: She can do the two-finger whistle.

KIRSTEN: She's never taken a picture out of focus.

SANDY: The woman was born for graduations.

RYAN: Well, let her take my tickets. I mean, Seth's got you guys covered. I'd hate to see mine go to waste.

KIRSTEN: Why don't you invite someone from your family? Your mom would love it.

RYAN: I'm going to go wash up.

SETH: Sink's right here, uh...

SANDY: I don't think it's such a good idea, honey. I tried this already.

KIRSTEN: She signed up for AA. She's starting her life again.

SANDY: Yeah, after writing bad checks and getting arrested and disappearing.

SANDY: She doesn't have the greatest track record.

SETH: I think I'm going to wash up, too.

KIRSTEN: It's important to him.

SANDY: I just don't want to see him get hurt again.

KIRSTEN:It's his decision.

SANDY: Well, he's still a kid.

KIRSTEN: Right. Because when we get older, we make much better decisions.

POOLHOUSE

KIRSTEN: I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to...

RYAN: No, it's fine, it's fine. It's something I've been thinking about for a long time. I haven't seen her in so long. If I don't invite her to graduation, will I ever see her again?

KIRSTEN: Look, I know the last time she was here, it was difficult.

RYAN: When Sandy saw her, how was she?

KIRSTEN: Honestly, not good, but she's trying. Maybe seeing you again will be just the thing for both of you.

RYAN: What if she's worse?

KIRSTEN: There's only one way to find out... and if you want me to fly to Albuquerque with you...

RYAN: If I do this, I need to do it alone. But you're right. You're right. She's my mom. I owe her a chance. How bad can it be, right?

KIRSTEN: Right.

GENERIC

MARISSA'S ROOM

KEVIN: Hola, senorita.

MARISSA: What are you doing in here?

KEVIN: I just got back from my little trip down Mexico way. I bribed your maid with a little bit of local speak.

MARISSA: Oh, really? 'Cause Mima's from the Philippines.

KEVIN: Must have said something right. Hope you weren't too lonely without me.

MARISSA: I survived. Okay. W-We can't do this, okay?

KEVIN: What are you talking about? I go away for a few days, and you get over me?

MARISSA: No, it's not that. It's just...

JULIE: Her mother might find out. You know, I told Neil this house had rats.

KEVIN: How you doing? It's nice to meet you.

JULIE: Keep that grimy paw away from me, unless you want to see what ten years of cardio bar can do to your face.

KEVIN: I was just leaving anyways. Yeah, I think your daughter's over me.

JULIE: I guess I was just a phase.

MARISSA: Spare me the lecture.

JULIE: Oh, no lecture. I get it. He's cool, he's got great abs... and personifies everything that's bad for you, Marissa.

MARISSA: Oh, so you want to sleep with him instead?

JULIE: Marissa, the choices you make now are going to affect your future.

MARISSA: He's not that bad. Look, you were wrong about Ryan. Maybe you're wrong about him.

JULIE: Well, we're not going to test that theory, because I'm not going to allow it.

POOLHOUSE

KIRSTEN: I went completely overboard and made you a ridiculously gigantic sandwich for the flight.

RYAN: Thanks. Looking forward to it.

KIRSTEN: And I booked you a car service to go anywhere and everywhere.

RYAN: No, that's all right. I can take a cab.

KIRSTEN: Just humor me. I worry enough.

RYAN: All right. Actually, I'm a little worried, too. I, uh... I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.

KIRSTEN: Do you have a game plan when you get there?

RYAN: Yeah... I guess. Uh, she mentioned in her birthday card some diner she's working at. I figure I show up and... say hi and wait for the fireworks.

KIRSTEN: Well, whatever happens, you have at least one proud mother watching you when you graduate.

RYAN: Yeah, thanks.

HARBOR

TAYLOR: Hey, Sum. If it makes you feel any better, I just saw Seth, and he looks as miserable as you do.

SUMMER: The only thing that would make me feel better would be seeing that assless, gutless wuss skinned, flayed and served as assless, gutless wuss tartare.

TAYLOR: Oh, well, that's very descriptive, Summer.

SUMMER: All right, look, T. to the T., I know you're all up with life, down with God, and you have a very positive, optimistic view on the world, but I ain't having it.

TAYLOR: Summer, I'm not trying to offer you anything other than my friendship... but you know, I mean, if you want to be alone, that's totally okay with me, too.

SUMMER: How could he lead me on and agree that we should plan our futures around being together and then just decide, "Oh, you know what? Yeah, maybe we shouldn't. We're not destined for each other." That I should just go ship off to Rhode Island all alone. I'm literally going to be deserted on an island.

TAYLOR: Well, technically, Rhode Island is only bordered on three sides by water, so... It was an awful thing to do.

SUMMER: And to think... just two years ago, he stood up on that very coffee cart and declared his love for me.

TAYLOR: That was so sweet. You didn't see me, but I was there... and I remember that geek was totally in love with you.

SUMMER: And I have only gotten hotter since then. Something is up. A guy like Cohen is physically incapable of walking away from a girl like me, unless he is hiding something. And no one hides anything from me. I'm going to get to the bottom of this, and no one is going to stop me. Thank you so much for a pep talk.

CLUB

MATT: Another Star and ginger.

SANDY: Why don't you get it in a to-go cup?

MATT: What's the matter, Sandman?

SANDY: You're not happy to see me?

MATT: You don't know when to quit, do you?

SANDY: What's this?

MATT: A projection of what my future earnings with the Newport Group would have been, plus pain and suffering, which were considerable.

SANDY: You want me to pay you?

MATT: Actually, Griffin. He's the one I've got the evidence on. Otherwise, I think the D.A. would be very interested in the documents I've got.

SANDY: You're talking blackmail; it's not even noon yet.

MATT: Tell your boy Griffin to pay up in cash tomorrow, or I start spreading the news. Put it on his tab.

SANDY: You're getting yourself in pretty deep here, Matt.

MATT: No deeper than you.

KEVIN'S PLACE

KEVIN: Yo! Did you forget your watch again?

MARISSA: No, I came to see you.

KEVIN: Look, I get it. Your mom doesn't like me. I'm a bad influence. Blah, blah. See you around.

MARISSA: Actually, I was thinking maybe you'd want to hang out.

KEVIN: What about school?

MARISSA: Second semester, senior year. Unless you don't want to.

KEVIN: Well, if you're going to stay, then stay.

RESTAURANT

CHLOE: Wherever you want. Place is all yours.

RYAN: Uh, actually, I'm looking for someone-- uh, Dawn Atwood?

CHLOE: Her shift doesn't start for a couple hours. Who should I say is looking for her?

RYAN: A friend. Um, I'm staying at La Crescenta, I think.

CHLOE: Nice hotel. Dawn doesn't really have any friends that stay at nice hotels.

RYAN: I got a good rate.

CHLOE: She does, however, have a son. Lives with some pretty wealthy people. Supposed to be cute.

RYAN: Ryan.

CHLOE: Chloe. Your mom is going to lose it when she finds out you're here.

RYAN: I hope not. Uh, couple hours, you said ? Great. Uh, I'll be back.

CHLOE: I'll be here.

RYAN: Okay.

HARBOR

TEACHER: All right, let's review factoring a polynomial. This is good stuff, you guys. All right, what we have is an expression in which constants and variables are combined using only addition, subtraction and multiplication.

SUMMER: Seth, you are so funny! I'm sorry, that was just such a knee slapper.

TEACHER: Is there a problem, Miss Roberts?

SUMMER: No, no. Um, well, not unless you're insulted by Seth's impersonation of you behind your back, involving penguin-walking buck teeth and crossed eyes.

TEACHER: You do an impression of me, Mr. Cohen?

SETH: Uh, no, no. I... don't do any impressions.

TEACHER: I don't, um, use props. I don't like jokes in general. Well, why don't you work on some one-liners in Dr. Kim's office, and why don't you join him? Since you're such a receptive audience. Should be a hilarious weekend detention.

_____

SETH: What is your deal, woman? I've never been thrown out of a class in my whole life.

SUMMER: Okay, sorry to tarnish your perfect record, Cohen, but how else was I going to talk to you? The breakup is off. That's right. I broke up with you, and technically, it's in my power to technically un-break us up.

SETH: You can do that?

SUMMER: Technically, I just did. So unless you can explain to my satisfaction what your deal is and why you suddenly don't want to be together next year, we're back on. Yeah, technically, officially, completely.

SETH: Okay, now...

SUMMER: Wait, here we are: Dr. Kim's office. You know what? I'll go first. You just plead temporary insanity. It's good to have you back, babe.

RESTAURANT

CHLOE: You're not coming in?

RYAN: I don't think so.

CHLOE: Do you want to go somewhere? To talk or something?

RYAN: Sounds good.

KEVIN'S PLACE

KEVIN: Hold that position. It's, uh... it's probably my supply drop. I'm having some people over tomorrow.

JULIE: Marissa!

MARISSA: Oh, my God, it's my mom.

KEVIN: I'll handle it.

MARISSA: Good, 'cause I'm going to hide.

JULIE: Where's my daughter? Is she in here?

KEVIN: And I thought you were my dealer. Kind of disappointed.

JULIE: Don't get smart with me; you don't have the equipment. Her school called. She didn't show up today.

KEVIN: She already got into college.

JULIE: Listen up, Tommy Lee, you're just the latest in a series of experiments my daughter likes to make when acting out, so enjoy it, because right here, right now is as good as it gets for you. Soon, Marissa's going to wake up and realize she is so much better than you and your life.

KEVIN: And you think she's going to come running back to you?

JULIE: Marissa knows that I will be there for her whenever she decides to come home, because I am her family and not some punk with a smirk, three brain cells and a good coke connection. You tell her that.

MARISSA: That's my mom.

KEVIN: I'm going to get some beer.

BAR

RYAN: Best not to tell my mom about the beer.

CHLOE: Also not going to tell these guys you're under 21.

RYAN: Good idea.

CHLOE: Cheers. You traveled pretty far to avoid her.

RYAN: Yeah, well, I'm working up to it. I don't know how much you know, but my mom and I haven't always had the easiest relationship.

CHLOE: Knowing Dawn a little, I figured, but if it makes you feel better, she's doing well.

RYAN: Yeah, I saw that. She seemed happy. There was a tattooed guy that made me a little nervous.

CHLOE: Oh, that's just Ron, her new boyfriend.

RYAN: That's what I was afraid of.

CHLOE: He looks hard-core, and yeah, he does own a rather large snake, but he's got a good heart.

RYAN: Yeah. They all do at first.

CHLOE: I love this song. Do you want to?

RYAN: Um...

CHLOE: Come on.

RYAN: I don't really... dance so much. I, uh... This is not what I expected.

CHLOE: Yeah? Well, maybe it's what you need.

NEWPORT GROUP

GRIFFIN: Well, you've got a way with people. Urban planning committee has signed off.

SANDY: What can I say? I'm very charming. Close the door.

GRIFFIN: Your message was rather cryptic. Do we have a problem?

SANDY: Matt's not giving up, and since you had nothing to do with the ass-kicking he took, the news shouldn't get your blood up.

GRIFFIN: What does he want?

SANDY: Money... in exchange for the incriminating files, which you claim couldn't possibly be incriminating. You know what-- I'm going to let the cops deal with the whole thing.

GRIFFIN: And destroy all your hopes and dreams? Watch all of this disappear? We have done such good work so far. I'll deal with Ramsey, explain to him the importance of this hospital.

SANDY: No. I'm making Matt my problem.

GRIFFIN: Well, then, good luck... for both of you.

HOTEL

CHLOE: Definitely not going to say anything to your mom about this.

RYAN: Yeah, good plan.

CHLOE: Oh, so that's why you came looking for her. Invite her to graduation?

RYAN: Yeah, something like that.

CHLOE: Oh, your mom and Ron should blend right in at your private school. You've got to send me a photo. Thanks for the company.

COHEN HOUSE

RYAN: Hello.

SETH: Hey, man. How's Albuquerque?

RYAN: Well, I did just hook up with a waitress.

SETH: Oh, that would never happen to me, you stallion. Y tu madre?

RYAN: Uh, doesn't know I'm here. Actually, I'm thinking about taking an earlier flight back.

SETH: You can't just fly all the way to New Mexico and not even say hi to your mom.

RYAN: Yeah? You really want to meet her trucker boyfriend and his python at graduation?

SETH: So don't invite anybody to anything. Just do a quick pop in, say hello. What's the worst that can happen?

RYAN: Not a question I want answered.

SETH: Just be a man. Someone around here ought to.

RYAN: You still lying to everyone about everything?

SETH: I'm trying to speak as little as possible. The less I say, the fewer lies I have to track, but Summer wants answers. I'm telling you, though, if I tell her the truth, she'll throw away her future over me.

RYAN: Yeah, well, sounds like we both have women to face.

SETH: Each who suffers blackouts of their own kind.

RYAN: Well, good luck.

SETH: You, too.

RESTAURANT

DAWN: My baby!

RYAN: Hi.

SUMMER'S ROOM

SUMMER: What are we doing tonight? Since we're dating again, we should go on a date.

SETH: Except, uh, since you un-broke up with me, it sort of put the ball back in my court... and... now I break up with you, which means only I have the power to un-break us up.

SUMMER: You're breaking up with me?

SETH: Yes. I'm sorry. I really am, but I feel it's for the best.

SUMMER: What? I... I only un-broke up with you so that I could find out why you were breaking up with me in the first place.

SETH: Well, I guess now you'll never know.

RESTAURANT

DAWN: You look so good, sweetie.

RYAN: So do you, Mom.

DAWN: When Chloe told me you were in town, I couldn't believe it.

RYAN: Oh, she told you I was here?

DAWN: And my answer's yes, Ry. 100 percent. I wouldn't miss your graduation for anything.

RYAN: Yeah? She told you about the graduation, too?

DAWN: Sh-She just called.

NICK: Let's go, Dawn. Food's getting cold.

DAWN: Yeah, I hear you, Nick. Hey, Nick, that's my baby.

NICK: This is my meat loaf. Get it out there.

RYAN: Hey, you know what? You're busy. Let's talk tomorrow.

DAWN: You bet. It's so good to see you.

RYAN: It's good to see you, too.

DAWN: Thanks for asking me, Ry.

KEVIN'S PLACE

KEVIN: Dude, are you still sleeping? Hmm?

MARISSA: The party's starting a little early.

KEVIN: Are you going to call your mom? Nah.

HEATHER: So, the princess fell off her throne and landed on Volchok's mattress.

MARISSA: Hey, Heather, it's good to see you, too.

HEATHER: Who said it was good to see you?

HOTEL

CHLOE: You know, the dress you wore to, uh, PJ's going-away party was pretty cute.

DAWN: Mm, kind of plain, don't you think? You should see the way the women dress in Newport. Like in the magazines.

CHLOE: You should treat yourself.

NICK: Chloe, you've got a customer. Dawn, your boy's here.

______
DAWN: Morning, hon.

RYAN: Morning.

CHLOE: I'll get some coffee.

DAWWN: Chloe here's been trying to talk me into a new dress for the big day.

RYAN: You don't have to buy anything, Mom.

DAWN: Oh, no, I-I want it to be perfect, you know? And I was thinking, after the ceremony, I'd like to take everyone to dinner. You know? I mean, nothing fancy if I'm footing the bill, but...

RYAN: Uh, hang on.

DAWN: Hey, baby. Staying out of trouble? No, I was sorry you had to go on the road last night. I really want Ryan to meet you. Yeah, no, I checked on the flights to Orange County, and... um, hang on a second. It's okay if I bring a friend, right?

RYAN: Yeah, yeah, sure.

DAWN: Uh, let me get my calendar.

CHLOE: She on cloud nine or what?

RYAN: She's very excited.

CHLOE: Sorry I ruined your surprise. I mentioned I ran into you, and it just kind of slipped out. You were going to invite her, right?

RYAN: Yeah, totally.

CHLOE: Okay.

SUMMER'S ROOM

SUMMER: No way. No scheming, no plan Bs, no wacky hijinks. Cohen broke up with me. Only he has the power to un-break us up. There's no way I'm going to go groveling back to him like some pathetic, brokenhearted little bitch.

TAYLOR: Do you still love him?

SUMMER: Yeah. There's something wrong with me, huh?

TAYLOR: Did he say that he doesn't love you?

SUMMER: Now that you mention it, no, he did not.

TAYLOR: You see? He's acting out of fear. He's trapped in an anxiety spiral, and in the Rock, Paper, Scissors of romance, love trumps fear. Actually, love trumps everything.

SUMMER: So, let's just say, for conversation's sake, I was open to a little scheming.

TAYLOR: Well... I have an idea.

SETH'S ROOM

SETH: You didn't get into Brown, too, did you? Hey, Taylor, what's up?

TAYLOR: Listen, I just wanted to let you know that detention today is being held in the student lounge.

SETH: And you're telling me this because...?

TAYLOR: Because it's my job as a Harbor Student Proctor. I'm supervising detention this week.

SETH: How is that any better than having actual detention?

TAYLOR: Seth, student lounge. And don't be late, or I will have to give you a tardy.

COHEN HOUSE

SANDY: Hey, honey.

KIRSTEN: You left early this morning, without saying good-bye.

SANDY: Well, I didn't want to wake you.

KIRSTEN: And last night when you came in?

SANDY: It was late.

KIRSTEN: I need you home tonight, Sandy. We have to talk. I just feel like we're so disconnected right now.

SANDY: You're right. Well, I think I can be home by... by 7:00.

KIRSTEN: Thanks. I'll see you then.

SANDY: I'll see you.

RESTAURANT

MATT: You buying again?

SANDY: Oh, you should stop celebrating and start packing. I spoke to Griffin. He's not interested in your deal.

MATT: That's not what he said.

SANDY: You called him?

MATT: He called me, actually. He said that you two talked. He understands what he has to do, and he's willing to do it, too.

SANDY: And the only thing he's willing to do is go round two on your skull.

MATT: He's meeting me tonight with the money. If I give him what he wants, this time next week, I'll be on a beach in Cabo, getting some well-earned R&R. I'm going to start my own business in Chicago.

SANDY: He can't be trusted, Matt. If anybody should know that, you should.

MATT:I hold all the cards here.

SANDY: You willing to bet on that?

KEVIN'S PLACE

BOY: Yeah, Heather, come on, baby.

MARISSA: She's having fun.

KEVIN: More than you.

MARISSA: Yeah, well, I'm not wasted.

KEVIN: That's not bad.

BOY: Yeah! Heather, you need another beer. Hey, let me get you a refill, baby. Hey, Heather. Drink it, baby. Drink it up. There you go. Come on, little bit more. Oh, yeah, I like that. I like that a lot.

HARBOR

SUMMER: Hey. Got ten bucks?

SETH: What are you doing?

SUMMER: I know you're afraid, Cohen.

SETH: Yeah, that you're going to fall... Don't go up there.

SUMMER: Your breakup was missing a key ingredient. The only ingredient, really.

SETH: Which is?

SUMMER: That you don't love me anymore.

SETH: Summer...

SUMMER: Look... I love you this much, and I want to be with you now, and next year, and whatever comes after that. So I'm asking, in the presence of this coffee cart and the sacred moment that it represents... if you can honestly tell me that you don't love me anymore.

SUMMER: Just say it. Cohen, if you don't love me, I promise I will go to Brown by myself, and I will be cold and miserable and alone. I will never bother you again.

SETH: I don't love you anymore.

SUMMER: Oh, my God.

SUMMER: Just get away from me, okay? Just get out of here, Cohen!

TAYLOR: I'm so sorry...

SUMMER: I've got to go to detention.

KEVIN'S PLACE

HEATHER: Where are we going?

BOY: Don't worry about it.

MARISSA: Hey, Heather. Hey. I'm glad I found you guys. Um, I left my jacket in the van. Volchok said you had the keys.

BOY: It's not that cold.

MARISSA: Yeah, true, but it's my favorite jacket, so... Hey, get off of me. Heather!

BOY: Shut up, bitch!

MARISSA: Heather!

BOY: Dude, wait your turn!

MARISSA: Oh, my God! Get off of her!

BOY: What the hell?!

MARISSA: Get off of her! Oh, God! Get out!

BOY: Guys! Come on, dude. Hey, it's cool, we were just having a little fun.

HOTEL

RYAN: Yeah! One sec. Hey, Mom. I was going to go look for you at the diner.

CHLOE: Well, she wouldn't have been there, because the girls have gone on a serious shopping spree.

RYAN: Okay.

DAWN: I know this isn't like what Kirsten wears... It's kind of low-cut, a little sparkly, but it's a special occasion.

CHLOE: You've got to see it on her. Go put it on.

DAWN: Okay.

RYAN: Uh, you know what? I, uh, I don't have the time right now. Yeah, yeah, I, uh, I got an earlier flight. Mom, um... I was talking to Seth, and, you know, graduation is just a ceremony. I mean, everybody in those funny hats, a bunch of boring speeches...

DAWN: Well, it wouldn't be boring to me.

RYAN: Yeah. We were thinking about just blowing it off, you know, getting out of town that weekend.

DAWN: Uh, out of... out of town?

RYAN: Yeah, but, you know, I mean, you could... come in later in the summer and visit me, or I could come up here...

DAWN: But, um... no graduation?

RYAN: No. No, I guess not.

DAWN: You know, you don't have to lie to me, Ryan, and you don't have to worry about me embarrassing you at your graduation.

RYAN: Mom...

DAWN: You know what? I may not have been the best mother of the world, but I have never been ashamed of my family.

_______

RYAN: Look, you don't know her the way I do, okay?

CHLOE: I never said I did.

RYAN: It's been the same thing my whole life. She gets clean for a little while, promises she's changed, and then she meets some lowlife, he moves in with her, she bottoms out.

CHLOE: How many of these lowlifes did she meet in rehab? Hasn't had a drink in 12 years, pays for their apartment, even fixed up one of his old cars for her.

RYAN: Yeah, well, I didn't know that.

CHLOE: Didn't want to. Maybe you already made up your mind about him, and about your mom, too.

RYAN: I've got to get to the airport. The car's waiting.

CHLOE: I'll drive you. After all the trouble I've caused, it's the least I can do. And there's a stop I want to make on the way.

COHEN HOUSE

PHONE: Hi, this is Sandy Cohen. I can't get to the phone right now, so...

PARKING

MATT: I see you brought your nurse.

GRIFFIN: And your money.

MATT: The files are in the back seat of my car. The door's unlocked. You're not gonna send your guy to get them?

GRIFFIN: Well, he's not here for the files, Matt.

SANDY: Just as well, since there are no files. The only evidence Matt has is of his own bad judgment.

GRIFFIN: You expect me to believe this is all a bluff?

SANDY: Go check the car yourself. After we spoke, I had your hard drive searched, checked your emails. You never had any evidence. Whatever you think Griffin was up to was based purely on gossip and hearsay.

MATT: Yeah, well, I figured if he was guilty, he'd pay up, just to be safe.

GRIFFIN: Wasting my time, Ramsey.

SANDY: Yeah, think about all the sick people you could be healing.

MATT: What's this?

SANDY: Your severance. It might not buy you that beach in Cabo, but it'll get you on your feet in Chicago.

MATT: I can't take this, not after...

SANDY: I put you on this path, Matt. Take it and go.

MATT: Sandy? I'm sorry.

SANDU: Me, too.

COHEN HOUSE

SETH: Hey, Mom.

KIRSTEN: Hey. Where have you been? It's late.

SETH: Uh, Full Metal Yaku is on, and 99 Cycling Swords.

KIRSTEN: Those are movies?

SETH: I thought a few hours of mindless bloodshed and v*olence might help k*ll the pain.

KIRSTEN: You want to talk?

SETH: I was going to actually ask you if you've seen Ryan.

KIRSTEN: Not yet.

SETH: Okay.

KIRSTEN: Everything okay?

SETH: Yeah, everything's okay.

KIRSTEN: Okay.

SETH: Good night.

KIRSTEN: Night.

RESTAURANT

CHLOE: Before you leave, I just want you to know something. You're her whole life, Ryan.

DAWN: Uh... Kirsten sent that stuff. She's a real nice lady. Don't worry; my eyes are red from crying, not from drinking.

CHLOE: I'll be out there.

RYAN: I'm sorry.

DAWN: You know, when Sandy came to invite me to your birthday party, I-I really wanted to go.

RYAN: But you didn't.

DAWN: I wasn't ready.

RYAN: I guess I know the feeling.

DAWN: But I've been showing up at my meetings, and showing up for work, and... finally picked a decent guy. You probably don't understand how hard it is to hold it together every day.

RYAN: I don't know about that. I may live in Newport, but, uh... I'm still your kid, after all.

DAWN: So I'm still your mom.

DAWN: If there's a little bit of me in you, then I can't be all bad, right? Promise me you'll remember that.

RYAN: I promise.

______

CHLOE: So, I'm sorry...

RYAN: It's okay. Your little family intervention seems to have worked.

CHLOE: Oh. Then I'm not sorry...for anything that may have happened.

RYAN: Me, either. And, uh... But my ride's here. I have a flight to catch.

CHLOE: Well, if everything works out at graduation, maybe we'll see some more of you.

RYAN: All right, yeah. Sounds good.

CHLOE: Okay.

ROBERTS HOUSE

MARISSA: Mom?

JULIE: Marissa, honey.

SUMMER'S ROOM

TAYLOR: You want me to whip up another round of frappuccinos? They say chocolate and sugar send endorphins to your brain. Come on, tell me you feel better.

SUMMER: He doesn't love me.

POOLHOUSE

SETH: Welcome back, buddy. How was your mom?

RYAN: Coming to graduation. You really waiting here to ask about my mom?

SETH: I think I made the worst mistake of my entire life. Now I need to get Summer back, and I have to get into Brown.

RYAN: Great. How?

SETH: That's where you come in.

RYAN: We need a plan?

SETH: It's going to be a long night, Ryan. A lot of whining, a lot of pining. Maybe some brainstorming. You don't mind?

RYAN: It's good to be home. All right, how are we going to get you Summer back?

SETH: Plan A.

SETH: I fake my own death. You never want to underestimate the power of the sympathy vote.

RYAN: Is there a plan B?

SETH: Yeah, yeah, uh, I could hack in... through the Brown firewall into the, uh, Admissions Office mainframe and reverse my acceptance.

RYAN: Wow, that's actually a good idea. You know how to do that?

SETH: I had an uncle who went to Devry.