09x21 - Salvation

All episode transcripts (season 1-10) for the TV show "Smallville". Aired: October 2001 to May 2011.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A young Clark Kent struggles to find his place in the world as he learns to harness his alien powers for good and deals with the typical troubles of teenage life in Smallville.

09x21 - Salvation

Post by bunniefuu »

"Salvation"

Original Air Date on May 14th, 2010

Clark: When you saw my fate, what did you see?

Dr. Fate: You will lead this generation ... a silver age of heroism.

Clark: I started the training Jor-El always planned for me.

Clark: Do you believe in fate, Lois?

Lois: Only the kind you make happen.

Alia: Blue kryptonite takes away my abilities, too.

Chloe: No strings, or ribbons.

Oliver: It's just a gift.

Lois: I've been talking to The Blur.

Clark: The question is ... am i enough?

Lois: You can't protect us if we know who you are.

Orb: You shall be the savior of Kandor.

Faora: The last thing we remember is our blood being taken in Kandor. How did we get here?

Waller: I'll be in touch.

Lois: There are aliens here on our planet.

Perry: You get to write a story with Perry White.

Clark: You lied about having powers. How'd you get them?

Zod: From your blood. The time has come to share in your birthright.

Faora: Zod's been looking for something that wields great power. Who knows what he will do?

Zod: The humans k*lled the mother of my unborn child.

Clark: The last time that I saw Faora, she was with Zod.

Zod: Why should they believe you?

Clark: The Book of Rao isn't here.

Martha: You say you're saving the planet, but you only care about yourself. The Book of Rao can transport the Kandorians to another plane of existence, including you.

Zod: [ Distorted ] I need your help.

Lois: Anything.

Chloe: I finished tracing our rogue Blur. It was Zod.

Clark: If anyone calls claiming to be me, don't believe them.

Zod: Kneel before Zod.

Clark: Soon, the world will need all the help it can get.

And now, the season finale of Smallville."

Lois: If you remember, I'm the one who said 2012 would be just another Y2K

scare, and I was right. Not to fear, White ... if there's a scandal in the Pentagon, yours truly will be the one to find it.

Jimmy: Miss Lane, seven calls from the state department, confirmation on your flight to Jordan, fruit basket from the Dalai Lama, and Clark's at the deli. He wants to know if you want pastrami or roast beef.

Lois: Clark would forget his head if it wasn't attached with a necktie.

Jimmy: Well, there's something else.

Lois: Yes?

[ Elevator dings ]

Lois: Luthor is making a play for the Oval Office, and White has me playing dodge ball with armchair quarterbacks at the Pentagon?! I can't believe it!

[ Air whooshes ]

Man: News helicopter lost power! It's heading straight for the Daily Planet!

Lois: Olsen! Olsen! You had better be getting every pixel of this.

Man: Look, up in the sky!

Dr. Fate: Your fate is utterly binding. You will lead this generation as Hawkman once led ours.

[ Clark gasps ]

[ Sighs, opens box ]

[ Door opens ]

Lois: I thought you said we'd never talk again. I'm glad you broke radio silence, but why now? How can you be The Blur? That alien snatcher, Chisholm, sh*t you. I saw the wound.

[ Air whooshes ]

Zod: My powers cured me.

Lois: Clark Kent's mild-mannered FBI friend is the guy who's always saving my butt?

Zod: You were willing to risk your life to save me, Lois. You are my hero.

Lois: My hero told me not to trust anyone that said he was The Blur.

Zod: I know I did. But I had no one else to turn to. Lois, please ... I need your help again. Someone is becoming dangerously close to discovering who I am, and if they do, they could destroy everything I've worked for. It's Clark Kent.

Lois: Smallville? I'm sorry. I think all that superspeeding has crisscrossed your wires, because Clark would never harm anyone.

Zod: I know you don't want to see it, Lois, but it's true. It's why he told you to stay away from me. It's why he took away the charm I gave you. He knows what we mean to each other.

Lois: Look, I will admit that Clark's played the jealousy card once or twice ... but you're wrong about him.

Zod: You don't have to take my word for it. You are the best investigator I've known. Now, you dig a little deeper ... but I guarantee you'll find that Clark Kent is not who he says he is.

Chloe: You know, even though Watchtower's back in the game, I'm still coming up empty-handed on the Kandorian front. It's like they vanished into thin air.

Oliver: You know, that might have something to do with the fact that they can fly.

[ Chuckles ]

Chloe: Sarcasm noted.

Oliver: How do we know these people aren't half a galaxy away already?

Chloe: Zod doesn't want to play Thunderdome on a planet that is desolate. He needs people to rule over. I have a feeling the w*r of the worlds is coming soon to a planet near us.

Oliver: I'm heading back to Watchtower. If a w*r breaks out, I want to be in the foxhole with you.

Chloe: Oh. Okay.

Oliver: Because, uh ...

Chloe: Right, because we need to protect Watchtower's database.

Oliver: Yeah. Yeah, the databases, uh, is important. Uh, over and out.

[ Beep ]

[ Air whooshes ]

Chloe: Hey. Everyone's mobilizing. They're all out on the field, and they're packing ...

Clark: Kryptonite weapons? Chloe, that's only gonna stall them. We're no match for the Kandorians, even when we work together. It's only a matter of time before Zod commands his soldiers to bring the world to its knees.

Chloe: Then let's move on to plan "A." I assume you brought the infamous secret w*apon.

[ Thud ]

Chloe: Wow. I still don't understand how the Red Queen of the Kent farm knew about the book Rao.

Clark: My mom inherited the Kryptonian library when Lionel d*ed. It's no surprise that Zod would lie. The Book of Rao is not a bible. It was created by Jor-El to send the Kandorians to another world ... a world they could call their own.

Chloe: Well, let's fire up this intergalactic subway token and send our visitors on a fast train to Nirvana.

Clark: I can't. Once it's activated, it sends all Kryptonians to the new world.

Chloe: Including you.

Clark: I know my destiny, and it's here. I've seen it. Dr. Fate has seen it, too. And Jor-El has sent me on trials to prove it. I finally know who I am and what I'm meant to do here on Earth. I'm not leaving.

Chloe: Clark, no one wants to see you reach your true potential more than I do. I mean, I've been with you through every bump along this insane ride. But what if every trial has just been a preparation for you to make the ultimate sacrifice?

Clark: Then why would my father have gone silent in the fortress? Chloe, if this was a trial, my father would never skip on a chance to give me a lecture.

Chloe: Because this isn't a trial, Clark. And maybe your father disappeared on you because he knew you needed to make this last mile on your own.

Clark: Then it's up to me. And I think there's another way to save Zod.

Chloe: Jor-El did not tell you to stay here and be our guardian.

Clark: Are you saying it's selfish for me to try to save people?

Chloe: You think i want you to go? Clark, I can't imagine being in this world without you. Look, you've inspired an entire team of heroes who will be here to protect us. And maybe your true purpose is to lead your own people.

[ Air whooshes ]

Zod: You've refused to speak to me, Jor-El. Now I'll make sure you'll never speak to your son again ... and share the secrets of Rao with him.

[ Footsteps approach ]

[ Exhales ]

Zod: You're not welcome here.

Tess: I've been playing hide-and-seek with this ice castle for over two years. So the least you can do is just give me a minute to take it all in.

[ Sighs ]

Tess: It's breathtaking.

Zod: How did you get here?

Tess: I flew.

Zod: Icarus flew to where he didn't belong. And he fell to his death from the heavens.

Tess: Icarus was on an ego trip. But I have a higher calling. I was made to see the error of my ways. I'm here ... to redeem myself.

[ Zod smashes Tess into the crystals ]

[ Tess gasps ]

Zod: It's too late. My people discovered you had the Book of Rao and hid it from me. I won't forgive that deception.

Tess: It's not your forgiveness that I'm looking for.

[ Gasping ]

Tess: I've seen the future. And you enslave this planet ... and destroy anyone that ever opposed you!

[ Gasping ]

Tess: Including Clark. And the Red Queen made me realize ... I won't let you k*ll him.

Zod: You touched the sun when you freed me from the orb. You're about to learn what it feels like to get b*rned.

[ Screaming ]

[ Air whooshes ]

Clark: Jor-El! I know that you told me to save Zod ... but I won't. Not if it means leaving everyone I promised to protect. Now, my destiny is here on Earth. And if everything that you've trained me for was for another purpose, then it was a waste, because I'm staying. There must be some other way to stop Zod. Jor-El!

Zod: Your father can't help you anymore. I made sure of that.

Clark: Zod.

Zod: My people are overtaking this planet, and you can't stop me.

Clark: You want w*r, but it doesn't have to be like this.

Zod: Have you taken a look around you?! It's always like this! Might makes right! Only the strong survive! Have you learned nothing from the natural world in which you love so much?

Clark: What I've learned is that no matter how much someone has hurt you or betrayed you, or how much it seems that someone is evil, at their core, everyone is worth saving.

Zod: What exactly do you think you're saving me from?

Clark: From making another mistake like Faora.

Zod: Do you really think there's redemption for what I did?

Clark: It's never too late.

Zod: How would you know?

Clark: Because I k*lled my own father. My Earth father warned me not to play God.. not to reach for power that's not mine. But I tempted fate, and because of that, he d*ed. You have to forgive yourself. My entire team is equipped with Kryptonite weapons.

Zod: Hardly a match for my battalion.

Clark: Too many people will die. You need to end this now. You can't win. I know my destiny.

Zod: And I know mine.

[ Air whooshes ]

Clark: Tess ...

[ Air whooshes ]

Lois: You never give up, do you, Perry?

[ Sighs ]

[ Beeping ]

[ Sighs ]

Tess: I'm s-so s-sorry ... Clark. I tracked ... Corben to locate your fortress. And I did it on ... only to s-save you from Zod.

Clark: I have the Book of Rao, Tess. But even if I wanted to use it, I can't, because Zod destroyed the console in the fortress.

Tess: You don't need the fort-tress.

[ Breathes raggedly ]

Tess: When the Kandorians ... were building the Rao tower ... they put together these crystals as an energy source when they were trying to turn the sun red. And I think these crystals will also ... power the Book of Rao.

Clark: I already destroyed the tower.

[ Breathes deeply ]

Tess: I pulled the console from the rubble ... and moved it ... to your crow's nest a-above the city. Clark, this is my last chance to atone for my sins.

[ Breathing raggedly ]

Tess: You ... are the only one that can save us. And you've run out of time. The w*r has already begun.

Chloe: I think we have a little bit more time before the U.N. gets involved. All our Queen Industry sources say that our m*llitary friends believe this is just some hoax. Any new activity?

Stargirl: This is Stargirl online from the nation's capital. No sign of the Kandorians after the att*ck.

Black Canary: Black Canary here. Story's the same in Athens.

Hawkman: All I found in Giza are mummies. We need to flush these aliens out. I've been around long enough to know the best way to win a w*r is to strike first.

Oliver: No, that's the best way to win a bowling tournament, Tweety. We're dealing with superpowered soldiers here.

Hawkman: Just as expected, Mr. Green Jeans has gone yellow.

Chloe: Okay, the Kandorians are Clark's people. So we're not gonna take any sort of action until he's with us.

Martian Manhunter: Watchtower's right.

Cyborg: I agree with Hawkman. We wait too long, they'll have the advantage.

Martian: I say we hold off until Kal-El has a chance to -

Cyborg: How long we gonna wait, Martian ... long enough from them to wipe us out?

Stargirl: We wait, and the Kandorians win.

Canary: Sit tight till they make their next move.

Hawkman: Zod's symbols say one thing ... he wants a fight. I say we move now and cause some pain.

Clark: At what cost? Your abilities allow you to come back, Carter ... after you die, but what about the others on both sides?

Hawkman: So you want us to play nice?

Clark: The Kandorians have been led astray by Zod. I don't want to see them die any more than I want to lose any one of you. I will use the Book of Rao ... ... to send them all away. I've made my decision. Once I lead my people to another world, I'll never be able to come back.

Cyborg: You need to think about this.

Stargirl: What about your life here?

Canary: There's got to be another way.

Hawkman: With us by your side, you don't have to do this alone.

Clark: This is the only peaceful way to eliminate the thr*at. Without a w*r, a w*r that no one will win ... once the Kandorians are gone, there will be other threats to mankind. The world will need you. You'll have to work together to become the team that you were meant to be. I once believed that my destiny was here on Earth, but now you need to accept that destiny for me.

Canary: Clark's right.

Cyborg: We'll protect the world ... as one.

Clark: It has been my honor to serve alongside each and every one of you.

Hawkman: The honor was ours, Kal-El.

Chloe: I'm proud of you.

[ Beep ]

Clark: Chloe?

Oliver: You got to let her go, Clark.

[ Footsteps receding ]

Oliver: She's trying to be strong, you know? When your oldest friend leaves forever, there's really no way to say goodbye. That said, I think we both know there's someone else you need to see one last time.

Clark: Considering everything Lois and I have been through, I don't think that's such a good idea.

Oliver: Clark ... you owe her the truth.

Clark: I want to open up to her more than anything. But why tell Lois who I really am, only to rip it away from her? Wouldn't that hurt her more? I wouldn't do that to her.

Oliver: That doesn't mean you can't at least say goodbye.

[ Air whooshes ]

Basqat: General. Have you retrieved the Book of Rao? Sir, if Kal-El still holds it, you said he'd use it to k*ll us all.

Zod: Do not question my resolve. I will not fail. I will destroy the Book of Rao. Do you not have a mission to complete?

Basqat: Kal-El's comrades have been lured to your crests, just as you ordered.

Zod: So they have to have been dispersed around the world, and Kal-El is alone in Metropolis.

Basqat: Our soldiers have cut off their communications. All their satellites have been destroyed.

Zod: Then by dawn, we'll have the Book of Rao. And this planet will be ours.

Chloe: We lost all satellite communication. I can't reach anybody.

[ Beep ]

Chloe: It's like everyone I sent out there is a sitting duck and Zod's about to call a start to hunting season.

Oliver: Take a breath, Chloe. You've stared down the barrel of a g*n before.

Chloe: We're dealing with like 100 Clarks here. I don't know if I can dodge this speeding b*llet.

Oliver: Well, you're not in it alone. We're a team, right? You got me? Hey. Trust me.

Chloe: Thank you. But I don't think talking me off a ledge is gonna help us solve our technical difficulty.

Oliver: Okay, uh, well, then maybe this will. You know, when Tess broke into our little clubhouse here, I had Queen Industries launch an orbiter dedicated to ... Watchtower.

Chloe: Wait a minute. We have our own satellite?

Oliver: Yeah.

Chloe: Why didn't you tell me this before?

Oliver: Well, it was sort of a gift.

Chloe: Uh ... well, I guess giving you a sweater for your birthday is sort of out of the question now.

[ Chuckles ]

Oliver: Well, the satellite's up and running, but the transponders haven't been initiated for downlink yet. So I'm gonna need to flip a couple of switches at the earth station in order to be able to spy from the sky.

Chloe: So then we should just stay in touch the old-fashioned way. I mean ... if Zod has been trying to destroy satellites from space, he's definitely not gonna be happy that you're putting another satellite online. Do me a favor, okay? Just keep a low profile.

[ They kiss ]

Oliver: I'm wearing green leather ...

[ Chloe chuckles ]

Oliver: So I'll do my best.

Lois: How could a guy who kept a journal in high school ever hurt anyone?

Clark: Lois? I've been looking all over for you.

Lois: Funny. Me too.

Clark: I have something I need to tell you. And if I don't tell you now ...

[Sighs]

Clark: I never will. I-I know that things have been rocky between us, but ...

Lois: I'm listening.

Clark: Look, my whole life has been full of relationships that have ended too soon. And then when I went away last fall, I ... Lois, I felt so lost. When I came back to the bullpen ... you were there waiting for me. You jumped out of your seat, you threw your arms around me, and the way that your eyes sparkled when you smiled, I just ... I knew. I just knew that you were the one that I've always needed. And I needed you to know that. What is it?

Lois: Perry White. He's offered me a job at the foreign desk in Kenya.

[ Clark looks hurt ]

Clark: That's great. Congratulations.

[ Lois looks confused ]

Lois: Well, I'm ... I'm not sure I'm going.

Clark: Well, Lois, your ... your career is so important to you, w-what would make you stay?

[ Lois looks annoyed and hurt ]

Lois: For you. I ... I would stay for you. Clark, as important as my career is to me ... [ Sighs ] ..You are more important. I ... I-I would give up Africa to be with you. But only if we stop keeping secrets from each other.

Clark: Lois, I don't know what you're talking about.

Lois: Yeah, you do, Clark. [ Sighs ] Come on. I need you to be honest with me.

Clark: Lois, there's nothing to tell you. I think you leaving Metropolis is the best thing ... for you right now.

[ Hugs Lois ]

Clark: Just know that wherever you are, I'll be watching over you. I'll be thinking of you.

[ Lois has tears in her eyes ]

Lois: I'm sorry. I should go.

[ Lois leaves, hurt ]

[ Monitor beeping rapidly ]

Nurse: Doctor!

Doctor: Crash cart!

Nurse: Her blood pressure's dropping. Her pupils are dilated.

[ Air hisses ]

Doctor: Hurry up. We're losing her.

[ Flatlining ]

Doctor: 10 mil epi ... charge to 200!

Nurse: Charging.

Doctor: Clear!

Nurse: No pulse.

Doctor: Charge to 250.

Nurse: Got it.

Doctor: Clear!

[ Thud ]

Doctor: No response. Let's call it. Time of death ... 3:33 P.M. Call the morgue. Have them send somebody up to collect the body.

Oliver: Houston, we got a problem.

[ Chuckles ]

Chloe: Are you at the satellite station yet?

Oliver: Yeah, I'm way ahead of you, but I'm a little lost. I need you to be my own personal Mapquest, if you don't mind.

Chloe: All right, what's your 20?

Oliver: I'm inside the air ducts right now. Access to the main grid is through one of the routing panels.

Chloe: Okay, Moleman, just think happy thoughts and keep on tunneling. Let me know when you've reached the "T."

Oliver: I hate small spaces. Okay, completed the first level. I'm at the "T."

Chloe: Okay, now, halfway through the second tunnel, on your left-hand side, you're gonna find three panels. The one with jj-910-60s ...

Oliver: The one in the middle, yeah, I got it.

[ Chloe smiles ]

Oliver: You know, you got to admit, I know how to treat a girl on date night.

Chloe: Sure, next week, do you think maybe we could just grab some Thai food and catch a movie?

Oliver: That sounds like a good plan, but for tonight, you're gonna have to settle for stream satellite video.

Chloe: Hey, the link is up! Why don't you make your way home? I'm gonna see if I can access the building schematics and find you a less cramped return trip.

[ Beeps ]

Chloe: Ah, the station's motion sensors have picked you up.

[ Beeping ]

Chloe: Oh, no. Ollie, you've got visitors. There's a whole swarm of them, and they're closing in on you fast. Ollie, you need to get out of there now.

[ Clattering ]

Oliver: Chloe, if they find the signal, they'll trace me back to you! I got to go!

Chloe: No, Ollie, no!

Oliver: Chloe!

Chloe: Ollie!

[ Static ]

Oliver: I love you!

Chloe: I love you!

Oliver: Chloe, they're not kandorian!

[ Static ]

[ Air whooshes ]

Clark: Lois.

Zod: I knew I could count on you.

Lois: I still can't believe you were right about Clark. Just when it seems that you're out of my life for good, you turn out to be the one person I can believe in.

Zod: My only regret is I can see your heartbreak.

Lois: It's not broken. [ Voice breaking ] It's shattered.

Zod: I know how hard it is to discover the person you love ... is not what you think they were. I will never deceive you like Clark did ... ever. Now I need the Book of Rao.

Lois: I can't. I hid it. I was worried that Clark would follow me.

Zod: Where is it?

Lois: I hid it where I confessed to you that you were the most important person in my life.

Zod: This is not a game.

Lois: You're not really him.

[ Air whooshes ]

Zod: I should've known better than to deceive The Blur's most devoted follower.

Lois: Just who the hell are you?

Zod: Unlike The Blur, I'm someone who doesn't care whether you live or die.

[ Glass shatters ]

[ Air whooshes ]

[ Clark saves Lois ]

Lois: Can you ever forgive me for thinking he was you? Please say something. Anything.

[ Takes the Book of Rao from Lois, bringing her in for a long passionate kiss ]

[ Air whooshes ]

[ Exhales ]

Lois: Clark.

[ Sighs ]

[ Air whooshes ]

[ Air whooshes ]

Clark: You can't stop me, Zod. We're leaving this planet.

Zod: I'm not going anywhere. And neither are they.

[ Air whooshes ]

Clark: Having others finish a fight that you started only proves what a coward you are.

Zod: My soldiers know I have never wavered in the face of death. All you've ever done is hide in the shadows.

Clark: You've hidden, too ... the truth from them. The Book of Rao will not destroy us! It will lead us to a better place ... another planet where we can live in peace, where we can build a new home. Krypton will live again.

Zod: This is just another one of his deceits. We all know where his allegiance lies.

Clark: What about your deceptions? If they knew the truth, they'd never follow you.

Zod: My men willingly follow me.

Clark: And what about Faora? All she wanted was to leave you.

Zod: That is a lie!

Clark: And she paid for it with her life.

Zod: Faora never should've trusted you.

Clark: But she wasn't the only one who paid the price, was she?

[ Zod pushes Clark up against the wall ]

Zod: Faora was a traitor. [ Whispers ] Do you think I wanted to k*ll my own child?

[ Crowd gasps ]

Zod: Your sister was a traitor. She would've betrayed us all.

Basqat: Wait! We will deal with him once we're on our own soil.

Vala: Kal-El, take us home.

[ Air rushing ]

Clark: Blue kryptonite.

Zod: I told you. I'm not going anywhere.

[ Air whooshes ]

[ Grunts ]

Clark: You knew the blue kryptonite would prevent you from ascending like the others!

Zod: Better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven. Agh!

[ Zod cuts Clark; Clark grunts in pain ]

Zod: Seeing as you love the humans so much, let's see if you fight like one!

[ Clark and Zod start fighting ]

Zod: Unlike you, I will lead from a throne, not from the shadows. Every human, including the woman you love, will kneel before Zod!

Clark: You already destroyed my first home. I won't let you take this one.

[Zod stabs Clark and then leaves Earth ]

[ Clark falls ]