01x40 - On the Run

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Steven Universe". Aired: May 21, 2013 - January 21, 2019.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Tells the coming-of-age story of a young boy, Steven Universe and his friends—in the fictional town of Beach City.

01x40 - On the Run

Post by bunniefuu »

We are the Crystal Gems we'll always save the day and if you think we can't we'll always find a way - # that's why the people # - # of this world # - # believe in # - # Garnet # - # Amethyst # - # and Pearl # And Steven! Whoa.

How are they gonna get out of this one? Oh, that's how.

You're back! Hey, it's those things from the galaxy warp.

- Why'd you bring them home? - We can't have them reactivating and fixing the homeworld warp.

Hey, Steven, check this out! - Kabloosh! - Amethyst, please! This is serious! We need to understand these things, not squash them.

If homeworld gems are trying to return to Earth they have to be stopped! Pearl, calm down.

We're still cut off.

- The Earth is safe.

- Safe from what? What do the homeworld gems want to do? Steven, a very long time ago, gems tried to do something very bad.

It was something that would have damaged the Earth.

Some gems, like your mother, Garnet, and myself felt that this was unfair to the life that already existed here, and so we swore to never let the Earth be used for their purposes, even if it meant even if it meant we could - never go home.

- We chose Earth.

Wait a sec.

So that means We're just like the No Home Boys! - The wha? - "The No Home Boys!" It's a book series about these boys who have no home.

So they travel around the country, living in boxcars, and riding river rafts, solving mysteries! They had a successful run, until the disastrous graphic-novel adaptation.

But my favorite story is this classic one where the No Home Boys are chased across the countryside by a mysterious pursuer, which turns out to be the very fear resting within themselves.

Steven, we are not like the No Home Boys.

We are literally standing in your home right now.

Aw, I wish I was a No Home Boy.

No past, no future, just the open road.

Yeah, sounds like fun.

- Let's do it.

- Really?! Yeah.

Let's run! It's time to get movin' time for us to have some fun there's no time to hang around our adventure's just begun we'll be thinking 'bout our friends as we chase the setting sun but we're leaving them behind, we're on the run We're on the run I don't care about what all the others say - # We're on the run # - # but I guess there are some things # that will just never go away - # we're on the run # - # I wish that I could say that # there's no better place than home but home's a place that I have never known that's why we're on the run The The raccoon is back! Um, Amethyst? Can I have some of your food? - Oh, uh, sorry, dude.

- My bindle couldn't fit enough food for me and a raccoon.

Why didn't you bring your backpack? It wouldn't fit in my bindle? Maybe I can just sleep this hunger off.

Just like the No Home Boys.

You know, I feel like I've been misled about hay.

It always looks so soft in those illustrations, but it's actually really scratchy.

Amethyst, I want to go home now.

Amethyst? I'm done pretending to be - a No Home Boy.

- Not me.

I'm sure Garnet and Pearl are worried sick about us, wondering when we're coming home.

That's not my home.

But Oh, that's right.

- You're from homeworld.

- That's not my home, either! - Then where are you from? - I'll show you.

Here we are! Welcome to the Kindergarten! What do you think? - Uh it's great! - Sure is! Come on! - What is this place? - It's kind of where I'm from.

- But I thought gems were from space? - Pearl and Garnet are, but I was made here on Earth, like you.

Check it out! Oh, man.

I missed this guy.

- Aww! It's my climbing rock.

- Uh, hello! And over there that's the sitting rock.

And that was the one rock that I kicked into two rocks! Uh, how long did you live here? For a while, I guess, um, at least until I met your mom and the others.

Whoa! What is that thing? Eh, it's just some old gem junk from a long time ago.

It's probably busted by now.

Hey, Steven.

Look.

- Here's the hole I came out of! - Hang on.

What? It's my hole! Look It's me-sized.

- Still got that good hole smell.

- You came out of this hole? This is where I was made, dude.

One day, just right out of this hole.

So, what about the other holes? There you are! - Great.

Here comes the fun police.

- Garnet said you'd be here, but I didn't want to believe it.

Amethyst, what were you thinking bringing Steven - to a Kindergarten!? - I don't know.

- We were in the neighborhood.

- Pearl? - Was Amethyst really made here? - How much did you tell him? What? You mean about the bad thing? How this bad place is where bad gems came to grow more bad gems? Is that what you're talking about? They grew other gems here? - Amethyst, he's not ready! - Oh, but don't worry, Steven.

Everything's just fine now.

- Amethyst.

- It all worked out.

- We won! - Stop.

- And we shut this place down so the Earth - Stop.

- would be safe from parasites like me! - Amethyst, that's enough! - Pearl? - Steven, I'm sorry.

I never wanted you to see this horrible place.

Then why don't you just leave! Admit it I'm just an embarrassment to you! Amethyst! Wait! I don't want to fight you.

I wouldn't want to fight me neither.

- You guys, stop it! - Stay out of it! Amethyst, stop this! You can't b*at me.

I don't care! I'm not gonna let you stand there and remind me of everything I hate about myself! I never asked for it to be this way.

I never asked to be made! - Amethyst.

- Amethyst, please, no more! I know you're upset, but I can't bear to watch you two hurt each other.

Amethyst! Amethyst, Amethyst! Amethyst! Amethyst! Where are you?! - Amethyst.

- Go away.

I'm bad, and you shouldn't be around me.

What? That's ridiculous.

Look, I don't know what any of this really means, but I Yeah, you don't, 'cause if you did, you wouldn't be talking to me.

Pearl, get in here.

- You got to help me.

- But You have to talk to her.

Amethyst? Amethyst, I-I had no idea you've - been upset about this.

- What?! You had no idea?! Ho! This is like my entire existence! You want to pretend that none of this ever happened.

You think I'm just a big mistake! No, no.

Amethyst, you're not the mistake.

You're just the by-product of a big mistake.

No, that's not I I just never thought of this as you.

None of this is your fault.

You didn't build this place.

I-I'm sorry, Amethyst.

I hope you can forgive me.

You're the one good thing that came out of this mess.

I always thought you were proud of that.

Phew! Crystal Gems forever! Now let's go home so Steven can sleep in a bed.