01x45 - Rose's Scabbard

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Steven Universe". Aired: May 21, 2013 - January 21, 2019.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Tells the coming-of-age story of a young boy, Steven Universe and his friends—in the fictional town of Beach City.

01x45 - Rose's Scabbard

Post by bunniefuu »

All: # We are the Crystal Gems # we'll always save the day Steven: # and if you think we can't # All: # we'll always find a way # - # that's why the people # - # of this world # - Garnet: # believe in # - # Garnet # - # Amethyst # - # and Pearl # And Steven! Steven: This place is even bigger and more weapony - than I remember.

- Pearl: This was the site of a historic battle.

Every w*apon here was left by a gem over 5,000 years ago.

I don't like to disturb it, but Garnet said we can't just leave these lying around.

- Garnet: [grunts]

- Amethyst: [gasps]

Garnet: Never know when you might need one of these.

Steven: I need one of those all the time! Pearl: Why don't you look for one that's more You? Steven: Okay! Lion, come help me look! - Aww, come on! - Pearl: You really need - to train that thing better.

- Steven: Oh, we've been making progress.

Now he looks at me when I say his name! Lion! Lion! Hey, lion! Lion! Lion! Lion! - Uh, sometimes.

- Pearl: What's he got now? [gasps]

That's the scabbard for Rose's sword! Grr! Gimme! Gimme! Shoo.

Shoo.

[snorts]

Steven: Mom fought here? Pearl: That's right, and I fought alongside her.

Amethyst: Man, I wish I could have seen it.

Garnet: No, you don't.

Countless gems were broken here.

It was a maelstrom of destruction and death.

Pearl: But we won! Your mother led us to glorious victory.

The odds were against us, and our hearts were uncertain, but we chose to fight alongside Rose, and here we made our stand against our homeworld! [warble!]

Amethyst: This is great! My room's been needing another pile! Garnet: Amethyst, help me with this a*.

- Pearl: Oh, it's been ages.

- Amethyst: Turn it clockwise! - No, your other clockwise! - Pearl: Wh-what is it, Steven? Steven: What was Mom like? [grunts]

Pearl: She was courageous and brilliant and [Amethyst groans]

- beautiful.

Sometimes you - Yeah, let's try backwards - look so much like her.

- Steven: Really? - Garnet: You mean "pull.

" - Amethyst: Yeah, yeah, pull.

- Sure.

Yah! - Pearl: Hey, Steven Maybe you should hold on to this.

Steven: Whoa! Thanks, Pearl! If anything tries to eat me, - I'll bop 'em with this! - That's just the scabbard, Steven.

It held your mother's sword.

Nothing else could fit so perfectly inside.

- For all this time, it's been incomplete.

- Steven: Well, let's complete it.

- Where's the sword? - Amethyst: That's it! Yeah-ah! Ha! You got it! [blam!]

- Pearl: Can you keep a secret? - Steven: A secret?! Pearl: Shh! It's a secret, even to Garnet and Amethyst.

Rose had a place that she kept hidden from all but me.

[gasps]

But you have her gem.

That place is yours now, - and I can show it to you.

- Steven: Uh, okay.

Pearl: Now, it's just a 3-hour hike that way, followed by a vertical climb at 90 degrees.

Think you can handle it? [breathing heavily]

I was your mother's sole confidant.

For the words she could share with no one else, - I was there to listen.

- Steven: Why'd she keep so - many secrets? - Pearl: She had to, Steven! It's the mark of a great leader knowing just what to keep hidden from everyone you're trying to protect everyone except me.

[chuckles]

- Welcome to Rose's secret armory.

- Steven: Whoa! - I've been here before! - Pearl: What? Uh, you must be thinking of someplace else.

I'm the only other Crystal Gem who's ever witnessed the armory's magnificence before now.

Steven: Nuh-unh! Lion showed me.

- Pearl: The lion?! - Yeah! There's all kinds of great stuff hidden in here.

Pearl: I know! That's why I brought you here! Now let me show you how you can access the a*tillery.

Steven: That's okay.

I can do it without you.

Wham! Oh, right.

Uhm! - We got some axes! - Pearl: The axes of ages? Steven: Ooh! We got spiky chain lady - and her metal dealies.

- Pearl: The heretic's anguish! Steven: We got a ooh-ooh! - 3-pack of laser light cannons! - Pearl: The quartizine trio! Steven: Boop! And a whole lot of these armor guys! - The armor of the fallen! - Steven: What were we looking for? Pearl: Her sword! Your mother's sword! It's a straight-bladed saber that's pink with a red handle.

There are vines etched in the guard that connect to a rose-shaped pommel.

- Ohh! I know where that is! - Pearl: Huh? Steven: # Da-da da-da da-da # da-da da-da da-da da-da da-da da - # here it is! # - Pearl: Rose's sword - How did it get in there? - Steven: I don't know, but there's a ton of stuff in there.

I keep stuff in him, too.

Huh! Hup! [laughing]

Ta-da! Pearl: But how? [growls]

Pearl: [gasps]

Does lion have something - to do with Rose? - Amethyst: Ohh! Of course! - That's why he's pink! - Garnet: It's a little obvious.

- Pearl: But Rose didn't have a lion.

- Steven: It seems like her - stuff in there.

- Pearl: No! Rose didn't have a lion, because if Rose had a lion, I would have - known about it! - Garnet: Rose kept many things secret, - even from us.

- Pearl: But not from me! I was the one she told everything! Amethyst: Yo, you're not the only one who misses her! Pearl: You can't understand how I feel! - None of you had what we had! - Steven: She probably just wanted to protect you, like everyone else.

Pearl: What do you know?! You've never even met her! [thud]

[gasps]

Garnet: Hup! [breathing heavily]

Amethyst: Fine! Go! - Go cry about it! - Steven: Where'd she go? Amethyst: Who cares? I hate it when she gets like this! Steven: Garnet? Is she okay? Well, I'm gonna go find her.

Do you know where she went? [growls]

Steven: I'm going to assume that means you do.

Ugh! Let's go find Pearl! [roars]

Garnet: Good luck.

[insects chirping]

Steven: Pearl?! [breathing heavily]

Leave me alone! [breathing heavily]

Steven: Huh? Hmm! [roars]

Steven: Pearl! Wait for me! [gasps]

[breathing heavily]

Ugh! Ugh! Get that thing away from me! Steven: You better sit this one out, lion.

[roars]

Steven: [breathing heavily]

Huh-ugh! [grunting]

Okay! I had a talk with lion! He's gonna ugh! chill out here! Ugh! We're alone now nice and private! Huh-ugh! Huh-ugh! Huh-ugh! Uh, good idea! I'll meet you at the top! Huh-ugh! Huh-ugh! Huh! Ugh! Huh-huh-ugh! Th-This is really hard to do in sandals! [chuckles]

Pearl: Go away! Steven: Pearl! Did I Did I do something wrong?! You got to tell me! Huh-ugh! - Pearl: Steven! - Steven: Aaaaaaaaaah! Ugh! Ugh! [breathing heavily]

[grunting]

Ugh-huh! Pearl! Pearl, you have to tell me - what's wrong.

- Pearl: Sometimes you even sound like her.

Do you remember this place? Do you have any of her memories? We were right here, over - Pearl - Pearl: Yes? I'm going to stay and fight for this planet.

You don't have to do this with me.

- Pearl: But I want to! - I know you do.

Please, please understand if we lose, we'll be k*lled, and if we win, we can never go home.

Pearl: Why would I ever want to go home if you're here? [chuckles]

- My Pearl.

- Pearl: You're wonderful.

[ting!]

Everything I ever did, I did for her.

Now she's gone but I'm still here.

Sometimes I wonder if she can see me through your eyes.

[sighs]

What would she think of me now? Steven: Well, I think you're pretty great.

[mid-tempo music playing]

[music continues]