01x50 - The Message

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Steven Universe". Aired: May 21, 2013 - January 21, 2019.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Tells the coming-of-age story of a young boy, Steven Universe and his friends—in the fictional town of Beach City.

01x50 - The Message

Post by bunniefuu »

We are the Crystal Gems we'll always save the day and if you think we can't we'll always find a way - # that's why the people # - # of this world # - # believe in # - # Garnet # - # Amethyst # - # and Pearl # And Steven! Whoo! - That sounded great! - Aw, thanks.

I'm thinking about calling it "Water witch.

" - Cool! - And check this out.

I can add some vocal distortion, too.

Steven, your dad's a robot now.

And now that I'm a robot, things will be better and colder.

Please forgive me for being an amazing machine.

I can't stay mad at my Robo Dad! Where's all this awesome energy coming from? Actually, I was inspired to make some new songs after the ocean got sucked up into space a while back.

I even drew up some freaky album artwork.

It looks like Lapis Lazuli.

Easy with the tender touches.

Don't want it to get all smudged.

Here, plug this up and help your old man work out this witchy jam.

Yeah! L-e-e-et's jam! - Uh where my jams at? - I don't think it's plugged in.

Aha! Boop! All right.

Here we go! L-e-e-et's jam! Uh Hmm.

Jam! - Mm.

J-a-a-a-am! - Oh! Sorry.

That's just the TV.

See? You plugged into the video jack.

We're making audio here.

Don't you know? "Video k*lled the audio star.

" I have no idea what you're talking about.

That's okay.

You leave the details to me.

When you're a one-man band, you got to know how to do it all lyrics, graphic design, forum moderation.

But for me it was all about the audio! What a lovely poem.

Okay! We need a catchy hook Something like # Well, she's a riptide queen # - # and she's super-mean # - Whoa.

Hold the phone.

Now give the phone to me.

Lapis was not mean.

She was just trying to get home.

How about this instead? She was trapped in a mirror and it couldn't be clearer she wanted to leave this place and get herself back in space and, dad, you might think she's a criminal but her friendship comes through subliminal Lapis Lazuli you fled into the bottom of the sea Lapis Lazuli you were so mad, but then you came around to me Uh, what the heck is that?! Must be some kind of weird feedback.

Hmm It's not us.

I think it's coming from the temple.

- Let's check it out.

- Uh, you go on ahead.

If this is a gem thing, I don't want to get in the way.

Plus, I got to eat the rest of this pizza.

Good thinking! I'll be back.

- Ow! What's happening?! - It's the wailing stone! - Make it stop! - It just activated on its own! It won't shut off! Stand back! Huh? It worked! Now we can Bwaaaaaah! I don't understand.

That thing has lain dormant - since we found it.

- I haven't heard a wailing stone activate since we used them for the rebellion.

And I've never heard it sound like that! Someone is trying to send us a message.

But who? We've rounded up all the wailing stones on Earth, and we're not sending this signal to ourselves! Unless - Amethyst, is this a prank?! - No way! I want it to stop! I don't like it! If it's not coming from Earth, then a gem must be - sending this message from space.

- Is that what some - gems sound like? - No, no.

We should be hearing a voice.

Maybe this signal is too advanced for the wailing stone to process.

That would explain the distorted audio.

Audio? My Daddio knows audio! - Eh, you mean Greg? - Yeah.

- I don't know.

- Don't whine.

Let's try it.

I can't believe it! You need help with sound stuff? You've come to the right guy! Aha! The Lubitz cardioid condenser 680! It's got warm tones without too - much top-end.

- Uh, plus it's got - a big honkin' sponge thing.

- I know! Isn't it awesome? Now I'm gonna add some reverb and some low-octave effects.

I'm also adding some fuzz, 'cause who couldn't use more fuzz? Now, if I directly input the wailing stone and run it through a flanger, we might get what you're looking for.

Flangers aside, do you really think a signal like this is compatible with your analog devices? Don't worry, Dad.

It'll work! Well, here goes nothin'.

- This is even worse! - I'm sorry! Dad, you can do it! You're the audio daddio! Yeah! It It sounds like music.

Yeah! That's real nice.

Yes! Yes! - Whoo-hoo! - But it's not supposed to be music.

It's supposed to be a message.

Okay, hold on.

I got this.

- It's changing! - It almost sounds like a voice.

Almost got it! Ugh! Oh, great.

What's happening? Where's the signal? Uh, looks like the van battery couldn't handle all this.

I had a feeling this wouldn't work.

There's just no way Greg's equipment can interface with our ancient gem technology.

Aw, come on, Pearl! You can't be ready to give up yet! Look, we just got to keep trying.

Sure, we don't have the latest and greatest "gem tech" but It's okay, Greg.

You tried.

Back to the temple.

We'll figure something else out.

- What a waste of time.

- See ya later, Gregory.

Aw, come on, y'all! Hup! Oof! - I really blew it, huh? - Aw, Dad I could have tamed you I could have shown that I could depose you from your loud throne but in the end, I wasn't good enough I just showed the gems that I ain't got the stuff oh-oh, wailing stone I tried so hard to fly but I was thrown oh-oh, wailing stone I got to tell the gems 'cause they should know have a little, have a little have a little faith in me I just wanted to help you know, I have a little have a little have a little expertise I know it's not much but if it could come in handy I'd want to be there I think so highly of you it just isn't fair that you have so little faith Eh.

That's a "B" side.

Dad, I hate seeing you like this.

There's got to be something else we can try.

Eh, I don't know, Steven.

I mean, sound and stuff like this? This stuff's my whole world.

And if I can't figure this out, then maybe it isn't even sound.

But, Dad, if it isn't sound, then what else could it be? Hmm Hmm Wait.

Wh-a-a-a-at? D-a-a-a-ad! I'm not that far away from you, buddy.

- What if it's - Uh, some other thing I'm not good at? Magic eyeballs? Oh, my days! It's video! We have to tell the gems! - Vide-o-o-o-o! - Hey! Slow down! I just want to help! Have some faith in - We over here.

- I know my audio equipment seems like a pile of Earth junk to y'all, but I - Greg, it's okay.

- No, it's not! You guys don't give up on anything except for me! Come on! It's not like I can make it any worse! Go for it, Garnet.

- Okay, Amethyst, try it now.

- Never started a car with a key before.

That's way easier! The battery's ready to go.

The wailing stone's ready! Ready with the video cord, Steven? Ready! - Is that it? - Just a second I I hear something.

Come on - Steven! - Lapis? - I did it! - I can't believe my - flipping eyes! - Everyone, listen up! I hope you're able to hear this.

There's a gem that's looking for you.

She even knew your name.

I don't know how I didn't tell her, I swear! She's on her way to Earth.

And she's not alone! Steven, home world it's not the way it used to be.

Everything here is so advanced! I can't even understand it! There's no way anything on Earth can stand up to it! Please don't put up a fight! It will only lead to devastation! It's Peridot.

She must be talking about Peridot.

- She's coming for us! - Lapis - she sounds so unhappy.

- I really cannot believe Seriously bad news! What are we gonna do? - Whew! - Wha? - We did it.

- What?! - We got the message.

- But It's got.

Thank you, Greg.

We would not have received this - message without your help.

- You You're welcome.

My Dad is the best! Oh, my gosh! Steven's a robot! Help! I can't relate to my robot son! My mind is the internet.

I know every continuity mistake ever made on television.