01x47 - Shirt Club

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Steven Universe". Aired: May 21, 2013 - January 21, 2019.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Tells the coming-of-age story of a young boy, Steven Universe and his friends—in the fictional town of Beach City.

01x47 - Shirt Club

Post by bunniefuu »

We are the Crystal Gems we'll always save the day and if you think we can't we'll always find a way - # that's why the people # - # of this world # - # believe in # - # Garnet # - # Amethyst # - # and Pearl # And Steven! "Shirt Club" Pearl?! Amethyst?! Garnet?! You don't have to yell, Steven.

We're right here.

I know, but I finished this drawing, and I wanted to show it to you.

- Oh! Uh, of course.

- All right! Ha ha! Guitar Dad teaches you guitar! - What is that? - It's my dad! He's going to start teaching guitar lessons, and he made me his P.

R.

department.

- What's that stuff in his mouth? - Those are his teeth.

What are the lightning bolts for? Uh well, I-I was trying to show that dad really rocks on the guitar, and Then there should be rocks falling out of the guitar.

I hear what you're saying, but it's too late for notes.

This is permanent marker.

- Mm-hmm! - What's that cute flyer for, Steven? It's for my dad! He'll teach you guitar.

You guys want to sign up? My dad's really good! Maybe I'll stop by and check it out.

Here, let me give you a flyer and - Welcome to the big donut! - Hey, Buck! Oh! What? Buck, Buck, Bu-u-u-u-ck! Ha ha! What's going on, man? What can we get for you today? - Can I get a caprese salad? - Oh, sorry, Buck, - we only serve don - Do-nut worry, Buck! I'll whip you up a salad no sweat! I'll be right back! Lars, we don't even have vegetables here! - Heh, what's a Guitar Dad? - Like my flyer? It's for my dad! He'll teach you guitar! Here, take one of these with you! Actually, just wear it! - Are you ticklish? - This would make a rad shirt, man.

- Really? - Yeah! Let's make your flyer into T-shirts! Oh, man! My dad would love that! Gimme five on it.

Oh, you missed.

Ho! I think it's swell you're returning to the family business, son! Gonna help the old man get re-elected again, eh? - Aw, son! - Ugh! It's not for campaign stuff, dad.

Steven and I are making art.

Art! Art, huh? I don't understand it myself, but a boy's got to have interests and ambitions! This stuff can be used to make T-shirts? Oh, yeah, I've got all the latest, state-of-the-art screen-printing equipment from years of campaigning and other some-such mayorly things.

Like this week, I'm commemorating a bench! "Welcome to 'Bench' City"? Thrifty! - Dad, you can't use this! - Why not? You know, I got to "gank dat" youth vote, boyeeee! - Dad, stop.

- What's this? What have you got there? I haven't seen this in years! Remember when you drew this, Buck? You couldn't wait to show it off to all your little - montessori friends.

- Okay, dad! Thanks for all your help.

- See you later! Bye.

- All right, kids! I mean, peace in the Middle East, Holmes! - So cool.

- Let's just get started already.

- Swag.

- Now everyone's gonna want lessons from dad! This is bigger than your dad, Steven.

It's art.

And it's gonna flood the public consciousness.

Well, let's start handing them out! Too simple.

We need to get controversial.

We need to create Boom! a scene.

Scanning for targets.

T-shirt cannon loaded and ready! Beep, beep, beep bibibibi! - Sour Cream sighted! - Wom wom wom wom wom.

Get ready! Take aim! - And.

- Womp womp womp womp! What in the world? Oh, this is the coolest thing I've ever been hit in the head with! Ronaldo spotted.

Take aim! Whoa! What the heck?! Huh? Whoa! Weird! Some kind of extraterrestrial space dad guitar shirt? So, you've finally decided to make first contact, huh? Where are you?! Lars sighted.

Take aim! Youch! What the What is this garbage? Buck made this? This is hilarious! Thanks, Buck! Cheers! Buck, this was such a good idea! I don't know why we didn't collaborate on a project sooner! This will make my dad so happy! I can't wait to see the look on his face when I stop by later.

Yeah.

Should be good for a laugh.

Huh? Why would it be good for a - Girl! Check out my new shirt! - It's really cute! - Where'd you get it? - I don't know.

It just landed in front of me when I was out walking.

Well, if I were you, I wouldn't wear some random shirt that just fell out of the sky.

What if there were bugs in it? Relax! Who cares where it came from? This shirt is the funniest thing I've seen in my life! Looks like our shirt has a really good buzz going.

Yeah, but I think they think it's a joke.

Heh.

The only thing that's important is that they're talking about it.

- That's how real art works.

- Oh, well, I-I guess you're right.

- Uh, how's this? - Ha ha ha.

So bad.

Okay! Let's get started with the first lesson! Have a seat and grab a Where you going? Oh, uh, I guess he got an important text or something.

- How's it been going today? - Really great! Lots of people have been coming by, thanks to your - T-shirts, little guy.

- That's great, dad! - I'm really glad I could help - Yoo-hoo! Guitar Dad! I just wanted to say I think you're wonderful and hilarious! Uh thank you? Huh.

That's kind of strange.

- What is? - Well, lots of people have stopped by, but no one's taken a lesson yet.

- What? Really?! - Ah, maybe they're just checking out the scene before they come back to get a real lesson! - Buck! - Hey, there's my main man.

The shirts aren't working, Buck! Yeah, they are.

People love 'em.

But nobody wants guitar lessons from my dad! - That's not the point.

- What?! Then what is the point? The point is, it's an amazing shirt.

Aw, my drawing's not that good.

- Yeah, no.

It's terrible.

- What?! That's what's so great about it.

Your work is so naive.

You really love your dad.

It's funny.

I I don't want to make these shirts anymore.

Too bad, Steven.

It's so current, you can't stop it.

I'm a taste maker, and I'm gonna keep making tastes - forever.

- Forever? Well, forever, after I go to my dad's lame bench commemoration.

Peace.

- Garnet! Pearl! Amethyst! - Steven! - What is it?! - Whoa, where's the fire?! It's an emergency! You have to help me get rid of all the shirts and stop Buck from making more! Have the shirts come to life and possessed the bodies - of their wearers? - No, they just Are people catching on fire when they put on - the magic shirts? - No, no, th-they're just Are the shirts destroying the wearers' wills to continue on in this mortal coil, - thereby shutting down Beach City?! - No!! They're They're just using my art in a way I don't agree with.

- Oh.

- Eh, we'll pass.

What?! But But, I really need your help! Steven, this sounds like a very abstract problem.

It's not something we can punch.

You must learn to help yourself.

That's how you become stronger.

- Good point, good point.

- Oh, absolutely.

- But! - You'll figure something out, Steven! Yes, why not dust off those conflict-resolution skills! Let your problem be known.

Then you can work towards an understanding.

Oh, I'll make him understand.

- I'll make them all understand! - Eh, he'll be fine.

Okay.

Is everyone here? Hello! I was supposed to write a speech to, um, commemorate this, uh, new bench, but what had happened was I ran out of printer ink in my printer that I keep at home.

So, I went to the store and wouldn't you know it? They didn't carry the brand I was looking for, so - Bye! - I called up a buddy of mine who owed me a few political favors, and he wasn't home! Look out! No! I've been shirt! Buck did you make this? This shirt is genius! This is way funnier than Guitar Dad! This bench is actually pretty comfortable.

Anyone else stop by for lessons today? So far, no, but, I'm sure it'll pick up tomorrow! Yeah, I'm sure it will.

This is for you, by the way.

This is the last one, so it's super-limited edition! Aw, sweet! Thanks, Steven! Yo, Steven, just wanted to say, uh, I'm sorry for what - I did and uh - It's okay, Buck.

You don't have to say any more than that.

You're a cool cat, Steven Universe.

Hey, Mister "U.

"? You want to take a picture with me or some junk? No way, man.

I want a lesson from Guitar Dad!