02x11 - Keystone Motel

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Steven Universe". Aired: May 21, 2013 - January 21, 2019.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Tells the coming-of-age story of a young boy, Steven Universe and his friends—in the fictional town of Beach City.

02x11 - Keystone Motel

Post by bunniefuu »

- # We # - # are the Crystal # - # Gems # - # we'll always save the day # and if you think we can't we'll always find a way - # that's why the people # - # of this world # - # believe in # - # Garnet # - # Amethyst # - # and Pearl # And Steven! Pearl! Where've you been? Eh.

Looking for Peridot.

For a few days straight.

Steven, I know I might have disappointed all of you.

I know Garnet's very upset with me.

But I'm going to prove to her that she can trust me again.

Oh, Garnet! I was just looking for Peridot! She's bound to be somewhere, right? Any new ideas? I'm sorry.

Who wants to go on a road trip?! - Um is this a bad time? - No.

Please continue.

Well, I gotta drive over to the next state, Keystone.

- You mean, the Keystone state? - Right, the state named Keystone.

I met a guy on an internet message board who's selling car-wash brushes for real cheap! I just gotta meet him in Keystone and pick 'em up.

I don't like those brushes.

They feel weird on your fur.

- Well, do you like motels? - Probably! Think you'd like to stay at a motel with your favorite dad? - I don't know if you're my favorite - What? Huh? - Oh, you kidder.

Come here.

- I can't wait to get room service! You're thinking of a hotel.

We're going to a motel! It'll have a pool and free ice.

And it's right next to the best diner in the world! - I'm coming, too.

- What? Even better! Hey, Garnet, I know I'm talking this place up, - but it ain't exactly the Ritz.

- I'll be the judge of that.

Well, in that case road trip! - Road trip! - Road trip.

Wonderful! I'll make sure Amethyst knows that Fine.

Well, goodbye.

This is gonna be fun, right, Dad? Another great thing about motels you can drive right up to your door! I'm gonna swim in the pool, order a movie, get free ice! It's gonna be great! Not before we check for bedbugs, it isn't! - Mm.

- Good news! We're bugless! Oop, that's my cue.

Hey, do you mind holding down the fort till I get back? Great.

I'm off to see a man about a tunnel brush.

An internet man.

If I'm not back in an hour, call the police.

Oh-kay! Bounce with me, Garnet! O-Or we could look at brochures.

- Ooh, Keystone caverns.

- Calm down.

I don't feel like forgiving Pearl! Don't understand we must! If you're not going to listen, then you can just go! We must move past this, Ruby.

She lied to us so we'd form Sardonyx! She tricked us! Don't you feel used?! Ruby! Sapphire! I - You're choosing to take it personally.

- It's fusion, Sapphire! What's more personal to us than fusion?! I know you're still upset.

- Oh, so it's just me? - Of course not.

Can't you see I'm completely engulfed with rage? Well, it doesn't feel like it! The sooner we forgive Pearl, the better it will be for us all.

You're not as above this as you think you are! Yes, I am.

You can't stay angry with her forever.

- Wanna bet? - Ruby, the carpet.

You I can't even ugh! Nice to see you again? Nice to see you, too.

Hey, Ruby.

You wanna swim in the pool? It's fusion, Steven! It's like Sapphire doesn't even care! And we're supposed to be the bigger Gem about this.

We're always the bigger Gem! Well, not this time! Not about this! Come on, why don't you come cool down in the pool? I don't need to cool down! Come on, Ruby.

The water's nice! Why does she always act like I'm being ridiculous? Just because she wants to pretend that she doesn't have feelings?! Uh, Ruby? You made a warm spot! Ah! A hot spot! Boiling! Uh, I'm gonna go back to the room.

- S-Sapphire? - Hello, Steven.

A-Are you d-d-doin' okay? - I'm fine.

- O-Okay.

- W-Wanna watch TV together? - Sure.

Huh.

The channels are all the wrong numbers.

Hey, can you use your future powers to predict what channel I'd love the most? Hmm 43.

But there's not much on.

- Hey, Sapphire - Even if I do, Ruby won't listen.

- Huh? - You're going to say I should talk to Ruby, but it won't help.

- B-But she seems really upset.

- That doesn't matter.

We can't stay mad at Pearl forever, and she can't stay mad at me forever.

And then she'll come back and see that I'm right.

A-A-Are you s-sure? I can see the path of fate as it stretches toward the horizon.

Ruby can't avoid the inevitable.

She's just letting her emotions get out of hand.

- N-N-Not you, though? - No.

- I'm going to the bathroom.

- Also inevitable.

Uh, Sapphire? - The toilet's frozen.

- Such is fate.

Am I fated to pee outside on the grass, too? Yes.

"Keystone state" - Hey, Stu-ball, I brought dinner.

- Hey, Dad.

How'd it go? Well, he wasn't an axe m*rder*r, so that was good.

What are you doing outside in your bathing suit? And where's Garnet? He's not going to like that it's square.

Oh, boy.

Where's the other one? She's pacing around in what used to be the pool.

Something pretty serious must be going on if it made Garnet split up.

- But hey, we can still have a good time.

- Square pizza?! What's wrong with this crazy state?! Son, there'll come a time in your life when you learn to accept all pizza.

Why can't Ruby and Sapphire just make up? Sometimes people that love each other can hurt each other's feelings without meaning to.

We should just give them some space.

But I think they'd work it out if they'd just talk to each other.

Everything will be better in the morning.

We'll all go to the best diner in the world, where they'll eat the best breakfast in the world.

You think that'll help? Nothing like a little breakfast to bring people together.

You really are my favorite dad.

I knew this pizza would put me over the top.

- Hey! Thank you.

- Thanks! What's the matter? Not hungry? Gems don't need to eat, Dad.

- Eh, Garnet likes to eat sometimes.

- Ugh! Well, Garnet's not here! Mmm.

Oh, boy! This really is the best diner in the world! - You're shaking the table.

- Oh?! Heh! I'm kinda surprised you felt anything at all, to be honest! I didn't need to feel I saw.

Everything's just so crystal clear to you, isn't it?! This will pass.

She'll eventually just burn herself out.

That's what you think! I am an eternal flame, baby! You don't know me! Hey, it's okay, pal! We can still save this! Why don't we just bag these up to go and Ah, geez.

Steven! I was so happy when Garnet said she was gonna come on this trip with me and dad! Home's been awful.

Here's been awful! I thought you wanted to have a fun time, but everyone's been acting awful, too! It It just came with us.

I don't understand.

Is it Is it me? No! Steven, it's all us! But we made him feel like it was his fault.

I keep looking into the future when all of this has already been solved, as if it doesn't matter how you feel in the present.

No wonder you think I don't care! Sapphire! No, no, no, no, no! This is all my fault! I-I didn't want to look for a solution.

I just wanted to be mad.

You're right.

You're always right.

- I was being stupid.

- I don't think you're stupid! I'm sorry.

You honestly think I'm not upset about what happened? - I was just trying to do the right thing.

- I know.

You know what's nice about being split up? - What? - I get to look at you.

Pfft! - Be serious! - There's my laffy Saffy! Shh! You're embarrassing me in front of Steven! Well, I paid for breakfast and the damage to the booth.

Anyhoo, I think I'm all vacationed out.

Ready to call it a day? - Not before we get our free ice! - Garnet! We're home! I just don't know why I keep oh! - You look like you all had fun.

- Yeah, it all worked out! - Garnet, how are you? - Not now.

She's speaking to me again kind of.

- That really was a great trip.

- Can we go back? Maybe one day but not to that diner.

Oh, boy.