02x24 - Message Received

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Steven Universe". Aired: May 21, 2013 - January 21, 2019.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Tells the coming-of-age story of a young boy, Steven Universe and his friends—in the fictional town of Beach City.

02x24 - Message Received

Post by bunniefuu »

- Garnet: # We # - # are the Crystal # - Steven: # Gems # - # we'll always save the day # Steven: # and if you think we can't # All: # we'll always find a way # - # that's why the people # - # of this world # - Garnet: # believe in # - # Garnet # - # Amethyst # - # and Pearl # And Steven! How much longer till we can use the drill? Well, with the new coordinates we got from the moonbase, We should be ready to go.

But we really should perform a few tests first.

- Oh! Steven.

- Peridot.

- I need to talk to you.

- Uh, yeah.

Sure.

Why are we in this broken-down vehicle? I wanted to ask you about the Diamonds? Oh! I don't know what the others have told you, But there's a reason they're in charge.

- Why's that? - They're objectively better than us.

Every Gem has their strengths and weaknesses but not them.

They're absolutely, totally, completely flawless beings! Especially my Diamond Yellow Diamond.

The most perfect, the most reasonable, rational, efficient decider ever to exist in the universe.

- You're really loyal to her, aren't you? - How could I not be? We might have our little truce, but I'll never forsake the Gem I was made for.

That's good, because she's right behind you.

What? [Gasps.]

- Aah, no! Aah! - Save your strength! You're up against one of the earth's greatest trapping technologies the child safety lock! [Gasps.]

No! No! How could you do this to me the great and lovable Peridot?! I thought we were finally friends, like you wanted! I saw you sneak this off the moon base while no one else was looking! - What is it? Tell me! - It's nothing special and definitely not important at all! Hmm.

Then why don't I just smash it?! No, no, no, no, wait! All right, look.

I have a plan.

Allow me to explain.

It's a communicator.

Meant for the express purpose of contacting the Diamonds back on Homeworld.

You're still trying to contact Homeworld? Yes.

Of course! I figured it out! You simple clods keep trying to protect the Earth, but you can't do anything right! I let myself get carried away, too laughing, singing, building our little machine! But don't you see? None of that matters! All that matters is that I'm of use to Yellow Diamond! This planet can be of use to Yellow Diamond! I must contact her to reveal what I've discovered! But the Diamonds are bad! They don't care about the Earth.

They wanted to hollow it out, and now they want to blow it up with the Cluster! Yes, yes! That's the point! Ugh! Why do I keep sticking my neck out for you! You're never gonna be on our side! - Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl! - Steven, no don't get them! Steven! Release me! [All gasp.]

She took a direct line to the Diamonds from the moon base?! What was she thinking?! Man, after everything we've gone through, she's still out to get us.

Oh, I'm taking back all my cool nicknames for her.

So long "Perry" and "P-dot.

" Hello, P Aah! I'm too mad! I'll think of something later! [Horn honking.]

[Steven sighs.]

I see she knows what a horn is now.

You offered her a lot of your trust.

I did! And it blew up in my face.

You guys have been protecting the Earth for thousands of years! She could have destroyed all of that the whole Earth! Why did I think I could change her mind? Ugh.

I know, right? But I guess you can't, like, get into other people's heads and change what they think.

Oh, maybe we can? Yeah! If we just shrink down really little, - we can get in - No, no, no! I don't want to tell her what to do.

She should just know, shouldn't she? It's good you believe in everyone, Steven.

Like your mother, you seem to have a little more patience than the rest of us.

But the truth is not everyone deserves that patience.

Look on the bright side at least you got this thing away from her before she did any real damage.

Yeah.

[expl*si*n.]

[Gasps.]

Oh, no! [Laughing.]

Free, free! [Laughing.]

How did she escape?! - Oh! - Fools! Your invisible rotary shield was no match for me once I applied logic! [Growls.]

Now I'm gonna do this right! - Ugh! - See? None of you know what you're doing! Oh-ho ho-kay! I been ready for this! - Get in.

- Where's Steven? Stupid Peridot! Stupid giant robot! Oh, why, oh, why did I have to encourage her? There's no time for feeling horrible.

We have to catch Peridot before she contacts Yellow Diamond! That's right.

You can feel horrible all you want back at the temple.

[Screaming.]

[grunting.]

What's up, Peri-snot? Good one, Amethyst! [Groans.]

[Gasps.]

Huh! Dog pile! No, no! [Grunting.]

You're not getting away with it! I trusted you! I spent all that time bonding and hoping and caring about you! You don't get it, either! This is your whole [Straining.]

problem! Your emotions rule out reason! I will do what has to be done! [Diamond activates.]

Huh? [Peridot laughing.]

She'll sort this out.

[All gasping.]

[Laughing.]

This is the Yellow Diamond control room.

- Is that another Pearl? - Who is she? Not all Pearls know each other, Steven.

Who authorized you to make this call? No one.

B-But it's an emergency! That's no excuse to use the direct Diamond communication channel! - Yellow Diamond: Pearl? - Yes, my Diamond? Why is there someone on the diamond line? I don't know! I was just about to tell her that I'll take it from here.

[All gasp.]

Is that - Yellow - Diamond.

My Diamond! Peridot reporting in! Which Peridot? F-Facet 2F5L, cut 5XG.

I'm sorry to contact you this way, but all other forms of communication have been destroyed and This says you're behind schedule on your mission to How is the Earth? It's full of life! Organic life.

And where is the Jasper I assigned you? And why aren't you calling from the ship? Oh, hmm the ship was destroyed.

By whom? It It It was destroyed by no one! There was an accident while we were landing.

I'll inform your manager of your incompetence.

And what is the status of the Cluster? The Cluster will emerge shortly! Good.

We'll finally get some use out of that miserable planet.

Thank you for your report, Peridot.

There'll be a ship heading to your location to take you to your next assignment.

Wait! I I wouldn't have called - just to waste your time with a report! - You already have.

No, I mean, the reason I've called, the real reason is I believe we should terminate the Cluster! Why? The organic ecosystem creates resources unique to this world.

We can't sacrifice all that potential just for one geo-w*apon! I'd like to tell you some plans I came up with to utilize the planet without disrupting the local I've heard enough.

I don't care about potential and resources.

What? I want my Cluster, and I want that planet to die.

Just make that happen.

No! - Huh?! - Are you questioning my authority? I'm questioning your objectivity, my Diamond.

- Well! - You are out of line.

- I just think - I'm not interested - in the puny thoughts of a Peridot.

- But You have disrespected this channel and my time with your presence, - and you would do well to - But Shut your mouth! You have failed at every stage of this mission.

Your only chance to redeem yourself is to obey this simple order you are to leave the Cluster to grow! It will tear apart the Earth, and I will take immense satisfaction in erasing that hideous rock off of our star maps! Is that clear?! I won't do it! I can tell you with certainty that there are things on this planet worth protecting! What do you know about the Earth?! Apparently more than you, you clod! Hmm?! Uh, Peridot, out! [Cheering.]

That was amazing! I can't believe I just did that.

I was so wrong about being so wrong about you! I can't believe I just did that.

You thought you could change her mind.

Yellow D got torn down by the Peridactyl! Ugh! Can one of you take this? - Why? - Because it can be remotely detonated.

[Gasps.]

How do we stop it? Just get rid of it! - Uh, here, Amethyst! - What am I supposed to do with it?! [Gasps.]

[expl*si*n.]

I thought I could reason with her.

Yeah, you really made her mad.

And then you insulted her to her face.

- Do you know what this means? - I'm a traitor to my Homeworld.

You're a Crystal Gem! Mmm! - Whether you like it or not.

- Oh! [Groaning.]