01x01 - Fullmetal Alchemist

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". Aired: April 5, 2009 – July 4, 2010.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Japanese anime follows two brothers searching for the Philsopher's Stone, hoping to restore their bodies.

01x01 - Fullmetal Alchemist

Post by bunniefuu »

The Ice Alchemist? Yes.

He has infiltrated Central.

I'd like you to take command of his capture, Col.

Roy Mustang.

Yes, sir.

I'm thankful you were in Central at this time.

I can leave this to you without reservation.

Oh, and that boy is here as well.

Utilize him to your liking.

Führer President Bradley, by "boy", do you mean Yes.

The Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward Elric.

Geez, that Colonel is a sl*ve driver.

And we'd just bought a train ticket to Lior, too.

Guess we're going to have to cancel that.

Well, nothing we can do.

Let's get this over with quick, Al.

All right, Brother.

There he is! That way! Stop! If you don't Freezing and boiling.

The elements of water.

Alchemy That's pretty horrible.

Sacrifices are inherent when attempting something great.

It's called the exchange of equivalences.

This and that aren't the same thing! Without a transmutation circle?! You've got no time to be gawking! What?! There's no way! It should have boiled if there was a drop of liquid in it! You ruined my coat.

Auto-mail Genius alchemy skills that don't require transmutation circles and an auto-mail as his right arm.

So you're that Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward Elric! Wait that's not you? Umm well I'm Alphonse, his younger brother.

So this runt is Who are you calling short?! To think that someone with the title of "Fullmetal Alchemist" would be such a small child Quit calling me short!!! Brother, I don't think he was talking about your height.

Even so, I can't forgive him! As expected from Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist.

We appreciate your support.

Oh no, I'm his little brother, Alphonse Elric.

Sorry to make you wait, Al.

Let's go.

Geez, you're in such a rush Steam Brother, he's Damn him, using petty tricks! Looks like you underestimated your opponent, Fullmetal.

Who the hell is he? That's why I told you to listen up earlier.

But you claimed that you would be able to- Yeah, yeah, I get it.

My mistake.

You should always listen to your seniors.

Yeah, yeah.

In any case His name is Isaac McDougal.

He used to be a State Alchemist and was called Isaac of the Ice.

Used to? That's right.

He performed outstandingly during the Ishbal w*r as a member of our army.

He gave up his title of State Alchemist after the w*r and became involved in a dissident movement.

Capturing him is a top priority.

But if circumstances dictate it, we may have to k*ll him.

I'm not going to k*ll.

Do as you wish.

All we really want are results.

By the way, have you found any clues on how to fix your body? Like you'd give us time for that! Yo, Roy.

What a rough order, capturing the Ice Alchemist, eh? Or could this be a chance for a promotion? Whoa! Are you two perhaps the Elric Brothers? Oh man, I'm quite honored to be able to meet the youngest State Alchemist.

I'm Maes Hughes, a Lieutenant Colonel.

U-Umm I'm Alphonse Elric, the younger brother.

What?! That one is the Fullmetal Alchemist?! You'd better not call me a shrimp Hughes.

Yo.

If you don't have anything to do here, go home already.

I will, after I do what I need to.

You guys probably haven't booked a place to stay yet, right? If so, stay at my place.

It's my wife, Gracia, and my daughter, Elicia.

Elicia-chan~ Ow, Daddy! Your beard hurts! Oh really? Rub-rub-rub.

Nooo! Say hi to our guests, the Elric Brothers.

So tall! So short! Elicia-chan, I'm Edward Elric.

This is my little brother, Alphonse Elric.

Understand? Little brother.

If you're the older one, how come you're so short? Now, now, they're letting us stay.

Calm down.

Lemme go! Lemme go, Al! Let's start dinner.

Gracia is a great cook.

Whoa! Come on, eat up.

Itadakimasu! It's so good! Wow, it tastes great! Eat a lot, okay? Okay! Oh, Alphonse, you can't eat with that armor on, can you? O-Oh, this is Al is in the middle of an alchemy training right now! All right, Al.

I'll eat for the both of us like always, okay? Leave it to me, leave it to me! Training~ Training~ Central Prison That's the funniest joke I've heard in a while.

Join forces with the Ice Alchemist? Me, the Crimson Alchemist? Kimbley, let's defeat Bradley and the corrupt m*llitary, together.

I know you've seen it at Ishbal, too.

That hell.

You know what Bradley made us do.

That's why you k*lled those officers, is it not? Oh no, please don't misunderstand me.

I wasn't thinking of anything lofty like you are.

The reason I k*lled them is because I wanted to.

That's it.

It's a shame, Kimbley.

It really is.

Thanks.

This is rare.

You can't sleep? Yeah.

Should I take a guess? You were thinking about those two, weren't you? State Alchemists are called the "dogs of the m*llitary" by the public.

When I think that he has to carry such a burden at such an age Brother, are you awake? Gracia-san's quiche was just like Mom's, don't you think? Yeah, it tasted great.

Really? Then I'd better add that to my "List of things to eat when I get my body back".

Yeah, you'd better do that! Brother? Hmm? It would be nice to get our bodies back to normal soon, wouldn't it? Yeah.

Just one more With just one more, Bradley will fall straight to hell.

Fullmetal Alchemist.

Fullmetal Alchemist.

According to reports, Isaac infiltrated Central Prison last night.

We cannot let the situation continue any longer.

Make sure you seek him out.

Block the roads and search everywhere.

You are authorized to sh**t him on sight for all I care.

This is an order from the Führer President! I will be heading out, as well! Hurry, relief soldiers! Five casualties so far.

Report to headquarters! This is horrible It was a steam expl*si*n If the temperature of water is raised rapidly, it expands explosively.

A human body is 70% water, after all.

Let's hurry.

We have to find that guy fast.

Yeah.

There.

To dodge my alchemy As expected of you, Sir Isaac.

That voice Armstrong! Precisely! The Strong Arm Alchemist, Alex Louis Armstrong! Take this! High-pressure water slashes through a variety of things! It's quite meaningless against my fist, though! Major! Watch out! Water from a canteen, eh? Thanks, Al.

We've got to go after him, Brother.

Let's go, Elric Brothers! Yes! Right! It's been a while, Ice.

Roy Mustang no, the Flame Alchemist.

It's a shame that I must fight a past comrade.

Comrade? I do not have any friends.

The only ones that were at Ishbal were the corrupted army and their dogs! It's just fire, after all.

It can't win against water! Dammit! Good, good That's it for you! I was wondering what the heck you were doing in an alley like this back then so I came back, and bingo.

No use trying to run away.

Run? There's no need for that.

A simultaneous alchemy reaction like this? No way Don't tell me could this be The Philosopher's Stone! What?! It's freezing all of the moisture in the atmosphere Edward Elric.

Dog of the m*llitary.

State Alchemist! Do you have any idea what this country is trying to do?! Hell if I know! More importantly If you did know, you'd understand why I'm doing this! I told you, I don't know! All right, Al, good work! Brother, his alchemy Yeah! Hey, you! You have the philosopher's stone, don't you?! What are you talking about? If you're not going to tell me, then I'll make you! Is this really the time to be blabbering nonsense?! A skill that has been passed down the Armstrong household for generations We're leaving it to you, Major! Artistic Alchemy! Engrave it on your soul!! What?! What the hell are you doing, Major?! No, I The wall of ice is connecting.

Could it be that man is trying to freeze Central no, Central Headquarters?! Major! Al and I will stop that guy.

While we're on that, please take care of the transmutation circles! I need to destroy them, right? Got it! King Bradley! Now is finally the time for me to to send you to hell with my ice! Now wait just a second! Out of the way! Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! Brother! Too slow! Al! An empty armor?! You established a soul on to a piece of armor?! Losing an arm and the little brother is left without a body I get it now.

You guys committed taboo, didn't you! The greatest taboo an alchemist can commit Human Transmutation!!! Al!!! Alphonse!!! sh*t! This isn't how it was supposed to be! Dammit!!! They took it away!!! Give him back He's my little brother Give him back He's my only brother!! You just took a step toward hell.

Just give up! There's no water for you to use.

You've forgotten what 70% of the human body is made of! Brother! You guys don't know the true face of this country! Brother Brother! Al, we're going after him.

Using little tricks like these Did we do it? Again?! Don't you dare underestimate my flames! Seriously Keep your useless days to rainy days only, please.

Bradley! Brace yourself! Too bad for you.

Major! Now! Roger that! Führer President King Bradley Ah, good work, Fullmetal Alchemist.

I now have something to brag to my son about, that I was able to lend you a helping hand.

What, you've caught a cold? Anyway, I heard you were great out there! All I did was destroy the transmutation circles.

The Führer President defeated him.

And the Führer President is saying that it was your work.

What, are you unsatisfied? Accept his words thankfully.

You've always said this, haven't you? "You should always listen to your seniors.

" In the end, we never found out whether he had a philosopher's stone or not.

Yeah, we're going to have to wait for the investigation by the army.

Edward Elric, I heard you were hospitalized, and I came here right away! Now, how about I comfort you while you're bored out of your mind from being hospitalized! Don't they just bring warmth to your heart? These graceful muscles of mine.

Don't be shy, now.

You can touch them.

Stop it!!! I see.

So Isaac d*ed.

He was a human pillar, too.

That's too bad.

And? What about the philosopher's stone? Oh, so he used it all up.

Gluttony, you're not supposed to be eating weird things.

Yeah, it's all going well in Lior.

It will begin soon.

Very soon.

Resembul.

The kind town where the boys were born and spent their childhood with their mother.

Seeking for that smile that was lost, the boys commit taboo and witness the "truth".

Next time, Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 2, The Day It Began.

It was his heart that decided to step out into the world.