01x26 - Her Reason

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist". Aired: October 4, 2003 - October 2, 2004.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Anime series set in a fictional universe in which alchemy is one of the most advanced scientific techniques, the story follows two brothers who want to recover parts of their bodies lost in an attempt to bring their mother back to life.

01x26 - Her Reason

Post by bunniefuu »

I'm sorry for having called you out.

Here.

It is from Edward Elric.

A bill? Hospital charges, as well as doctor's fees, food expenses while in the hospital, and so on.

All to be paid for by the Eastern Command Center.

Snack food charges? Reading materials charges As well as a large bill from a toy store Where are they? They have left on a trip to further their objective.

I believe they will contact us before long, so for the time being I asked you where they were! Colonel Look at this.

Are the Elric Brothers here!? No, they aren't.

Where have they gone? Eh, um, well Hey Oh! Nice going, dear.

Let's go.

Man cannot obtain anything without first sacrificing something.

In order to obtain anything, something of equal value is required.

That is alchemy's Law of Equivalent Exchange.

At the time, we believed that to be the true way of the world.

We're finally here! Rush Valley! How pretty! That ring is the new model from Studio Remis! Who would have thought I'd be laying my eyes on it in this town? Buy it, buy it! You bet, honey! How pretty! This automail is the 1911 Gods' model! Who would have thought the day would come when I'd be able to behold it! How nice! I sure would like it! That sure is nice.

Let me put it on! No way.

Why not? A culverin cannon is made for men's ideals.

A girl like you doesn't need one.

Well, well, what a shabby little store this is.

Pops, give me the strongest thing you've got.

I've come into some easy money, and I'm going to blow it all! You don't ignore a customer, you know! Oh, what's that? Fine little piece, isn't it? Stick it on me, would you? I will not do it.

I only give my automail to people who really need it.

You what!? I'm a customer, here! You don't need something like this, do you? W-what's with you, you nasty old man? Heh, who needs your broken automail, anyway? You hack mechanic! Come on! Come on! It's what Rush Valley is famous for! Automail arm wrestling! Entrance fee is 10,000 cens! b*at the champion, and you win all the money collected so far! Come and take it, you thieves! Pardon us.

All right! I'll do it! Oh, way to go, mister! You're sure fired up! Are you ready? Ready fight! Ready fight! Brother, did you see that just now? Yeah.

Ready fight! There's nothing they could do, huh? Little lady, are you sure you're okay with that substandard rig of yours? Hey, this is crazy! After all, she's using that old fart's automail! Are you ready? Ready Fight! Too bad! If you like, I can introduce you to an able craftsman.

So, are there any challengers who want to go next? Oh! The strong-looking gentleman there! How about going a round? Huh, me? No, that's okay.

Is that so? Well, how about the or so I thought, but calling out such a bean sprout of a boy wouldn't be right of me.

Don't call me a bean sprout! Ho, he's got a lot of energy for a bean sprout, huh? Although, his automail is awfully shoddy.

Al, let Ed go.

Okay Ed! Don't you dare lose to him! Okay then, let's go.

Ready Fight! Sorry about that.

The scrap collectors are going to be really busy today.

Neener neener! buy all of those parts that I wanted! But what I'm really happy about is What? Nothing.

You're the guys that were just You really did a number on us back there.

Unless you want to get hurt, hand over that money quietly! What do you mean!? We b*at you fair and square! Shut up! We can tell that that bean sprout cheated! You used alchemy, didn't you!? You used it too, didn't you!? Ed, did you use alchemy? Yeah.

Al, you knew about it? Hm? Uh-huh.

Is that right? - Yeah? - Ed Winry! Yow-ow-ow That hurt! What are you doing, Win-!? Brother! Ed, you dummy! Colonel I've brought Major Armstrong.

To be sure, there are those who we suspect were the ones who k*lled the Brig.

General.

In that case, why haven't you arrested them at once? They are suspected, but we don't know who they are.

Give me the details.

I cannot.

As a Colonel, I order you to tell me! I cannot say.

That's enough.

Go.

That's strange, huh? No.

He said those who we suspect were the ones who k*lled Hughes.

That means there was more than one of them.

If he wouldn't answer me, even when I ordered him to as a Colonel, it means that someone with a rank higher than mine has forbidden the Major to talk about it.

Further, like Lt.

Ross said, since the Elric Brothers are taking independent action without reporting to me first, we have to consider that the m*llitary is somehow involved with the Philosopher's Stone.

That couldn't be! As it is, we're in the dark.

Winry's not anywhere, huh? Maybe it was a bad idea to use alchemy when you were arm wrestling.

That's only because they're the ones who were cheating, you know.

That may be so Did you hurt your arm? I saw you at the arm wrestling competition.

Mind if I sit next to you? Mm-hmm.

Are your legs automail, too? Mm-hmm.

I'm surprised you could tell.

I'm an artificial limb outfitter, myself.

You hurt your arm, right? Ah, mm-hmm.

Let me see.

Incredible.

The working is very simple, yet high-performance.

There's nothing wasted in this design.

There's a load on your suspension here.

Looks like you've bent a cylinder.

You can tell just by looking that quickly? Whoever made this has incredible skill.

You should have them take a look at this right away.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Say, how did you come to have automail? I was in a train accident.

And he's the one? Mm-hmm.

Dominic took me in, and even gave me an arm and legs.

In that case, shouldn't you have him fix you up all the more? I should, I suppose.

Why don't you ask him? I don't want to tell him that I lost in the arm wrestling contest.

You see I wanted to prove that his automail was amazing.

But then I know! So then, all you need to do is show that your automail is amazing, right? Uh-huh But how? You know what? You could show that your automail is amazing if you b*at a State Alchemist who also has automail, couldn't you? You might be right Let me take care of that.

Paninya, what are you doing there? D-Dominic S-sorry to intrude.

I'm Winry Rockbell, an automail mechanic from Resembool.

Rockbell from Resembool!? D-don't tell me you're Pinako's.

! Not the leopardess of Resembool! Just thinking about her horrifies me! Are you an acquaintance of my grandma? Don't be ridiculous! What's the matter with your arm? N-nothing much.

Do as you will.

Geez, where is that Winry? I wonder if she slept outside.

Hey! I finally found you! You dumb jerk, that's my line! Sorry! Yesterday, I flew off the handle there.

Good morning! You were there when we were arm wrestling Her name's Paninya.

I stayed over at her house last night.

Is that right? Say, Ed Can I take a look at your silver watch? What's this about, all of a sudden? Please? For the love of Here.

I'll take this! - It's a contest, Ed! - What the hey! If you can get your silver watch back before Paninya takes it to the pawn shop, you win! Pipsqueak, come on up here! Hey! Winry! If you don't go after her quick, she's going to the pawn shop, alchemist.

Brother! Winry, why would you do such a thing? I want Ed to say that her automail is amazing.

Hold it! Wait the hell up! You're hanging in there pretty good, aren't you? You bet I am! Just like a cat! Why, you! Why don't you use that alchemy of yours? Stop jerking me around! Uh-oh Now, how about returning my silver watch? Take this! My 1.

5 inch culverin cannon! What!? Maybe they're going too far.

Brother! I wonder if he's okay.

Let's see the pawn shop This is mine! Why, you! Yow-ow-ow-ow Are you okay? And I was so close, too I don't know what your reasons are, but I can't let anyone b*at me when it comes to my automail.

And here, all I wanted to do was show Dominic how amazing his automail is It was plenty amazing.

For crying out loud, you stupid little girl.

Good day.

I don't need you to do that for me.

But Listen to me, your automail isn't just some device.

They are your very limbs.

And they're yours alone.

I don't remember raising any daughters that weren't aware of such a thing.

I get it.

You make your automail with the person in mind.

It becomes a part of that person's body, doesn't it? Now that you mention it, I guess I was glad when I was able to stand on my own two feet once again.

Please, Colonel If you can, locate the criminal who did that to Brig.

Gen.

Hughes! I'll do anything! The investigation concerning Brig.

Gen.

Hughes' death in the line of duty has already been suspended.

Which is why I'm asking you, Colonel! Working hard as usual, eh, Mustang? It's been too long, General Hakuro.

I heard the rumors that you were being relocated to Central.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be overruled.

If I could ask for your support, I will serve you to my fullest.

I humbly look forward to your guidance.

That's the right attitude.

Excuse me! I'm heading upward.

Will you come with me? You still need to ask? Well then, if you'll excuse us Give Winry our best.

Ed, are you asleep? No.

Say, I noticed earlier that it looks like you've gotten surprisingly taller.

Course I have.

Which means that before long, I'll need to get a new arm and leg ready for you.

How about it? Why don't we go back to Resembool? I dunno Actually, I'm okay for now.

How come? Is it that you simply don't want automail? I'll do my best.

I'll study harder and harder, to keep you from being handicapped for the rest of your life.

So So please Winry Even so, we want to get our bodies back.

It's something we have to do for ourselves.

Bad news, Brother! Fullmetal Alchemist! Episode 27: "Sensei" Forgive us, Sensei, for what we did to our mother