01x50 - Death

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist". Aired: October 4, 2003 - October 2, 2004.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Anime series set in a fictional universe in which alchemy is one of the most advanced scientific techniques, the story follows two brothers who want to recover parts of their bodies lost in an attempt to bring their mother back to life.

01x50 - Death

Post by bunniefuu »

What city is this? Who're you? Who are you? Is this not my own body? Machines that can fly that freely through the sky? Apparently, in this world, mechanical technology developed instead of alchemy.

That's why there are machines here that we cannot comprehend.

"This world"? Didn't you realize? This place is the other side of the gate.

The Philosopher's Stone.

Those who obtain it are set free from the Law of Equivalent Exchange.

There is no need to pay a price in order to obtain something, either.

We sought it, and found it.

It sounds like something has happened at the Central Command Center.

There's a lot of confusion, and I couldn't make out any details.

No matter.

We'll be able to hold out well enough against the ragtag soldiers that Maj.

Gen.

Hakuro has scraped together, at least.

And as long as the Colonel realizes his dream during that period, everything will be fine.

Now that I think about it, we've been fairly dumb, too.

We only vaguely know what the Colonel is up to.

Lt.

Colonel! Reinforcements! I'll go.

At this point, I'm not impersonating the Colonel anymore, right? Something the matter? No.

Was there something different that you wanted? We won't tell your mother.

Come on, I'll get you one more thing.

I'm sorry.

I saw you Is your treasure in there, Father? I was going to give it to you when you were a little more grown up.

Really? Hold on to this for me until then.

I'm entrusting my life to you.

Be sure to guard it well.

Yes sir, Your Excellency! What's wrong? The men outside said that they saw someone suspicious! Lt.

Hawkeye, isn't it? I'm honored that you remember me, Your Excellency.

Around front! Move around front! Hurry! Now! Let's go.

But, where to? Our friends are planning to stage a wholesale uprising.

We're going there.

Bad news! What's wrong? T-There was a communiqué the Fuhrer's residence Your Excellency, I'm coming right now.

This world is filled with death.

They've even used a gas that takes a great number of lives here in this world.

In the future, people will die even more efficiently.

You saw it too, didn't you? All of those lives, spanning past to future, become the source of our alchemy.

The source? What are you talking about? Alchemy is Equivalent exchange? But in order to return a broken radio back to the way it was, you need more than just the same amount of mass.

You also need the energy it takes to reconstruct it.

You cannot have an equivalent exchange that ignores that.

The lives of those who die in this world pass through the gate, and provide the energy for our alchemy, is that what you're saying? We all have a small gate, right here.

Alchemists open this gate, and from there, they connect to this world, and exploit those lives to get power.

Then you are in league with that woman after all! No such thing as equivalent exchange, huh!? She said the same thing! You've met Dante, have you? I saw the love letter you sent her, too.

The one from 400 years ago! You two have prolonged your lives by taking over other bodies! Isn't that right!? Why did you marry Mom? Did you just want to see how fun it would be to have children, like regular people do? I loved her.

I loved your mom Trisha.

It was the first time I knew love.

You're lying! Then why didn't you!? I didn't want you to see this decaying body.

Eat him.

Make him a complete Stone inside you.

Go on, snap to it.

Lust What happened to Lust? Lust! What's the matter with you!? Eat him, right now! Let me see his son gurgling away inside of you! Damn it, I wanted to tear the runt to pieces, too! Lust Lust Lust I'm sorry.

I know it was sudden.

Gluttony? Be careful.

Right now, he possesses nothing but his appetite.

He was originally going to be the Homunculus I used to refine red water.

He doesn't need a mind.

Dante cannot create a Philosopher's Stone by herself.

That's why I always kept myself in hiding.

But once I learned she had set her sights on you Were you sent through the gate by Dante, too? Dante separated my soul, mind and body within the gate, and probably thinks I am wandering around.

But I was able to get through the gate.

What about this body? This world differs from ours on the point of the development of alchemy, but is otherwise almost identical to ours.

That's why there's a child here who is identical to you.

There's probably a boy out there identical to Al, too.

So that's why you were living next to this boy? Your body is still inside the gate.

Your soul and mind must be all that were drawn over to dwell within this Edward's body.

Gen.

Churchill said he needed to see you.

Hold on! Open the gate within you.

Find your own body within the gate.

You're coming back too, aren't you!? I cannot go back.

My body has already passed through the gate.

I cannot use alchemy in this world.

But there's still time for you.

I'll come up with something! I am going to die here, in this body, with the face and form that Trisha loved.

I am relieved to know that equivalent exchange is not true.

You don't necessarily need to pay a price in order to obtain something.

When a parent loves his child, there can be no cost or reward.

Even so, if I stick with it, I can still obtain something.

Anyone who makes an effort will be fairly rewarded.

If you pay the price, you can acquire an equal happiness.

That's the kind of equivalent exchange I'd like to believe in.

Reality Reality isn't like that.

So if you say it's a childish theory, then I'm fine with being a child.

I don't want to think that you could go unrewarded after paying a price.

There's a zeppelin coming down.

Brig.

Gen.

Mustang? He's supposed to be with you, at the northern front.

That is an impostor.

He is in Central, and is after the Fuhrer's life.

It could be a rat.

This is an old house.

Just to be sure, I'll go have a look.

You guys watch after my family.

But In case anything happens, take them to the command center.

My family is more important to me than my life.

I knew you would come alone.

Is this the first time you have betrayed my trust? You're the one who betrayed us first.

You mean my being a Homunculus? Whether you are human or not is no great matter.

Then, does it even matter? Since I have become Fuhrer, I have eliminated other races through recurring wars, and have continued to expand our territory.

But all of it was so that you could create a Philosopher's Stone.

Those who have been made desperate by w*r seek the Philosopher's Stone.

People are fools.

And you have those foolish people make Philosopher's Stones, do you? And then we take the Philosopher's Stones from you, saving you from ruin.

You could say that we are God's apostles.

There is no God! That may be so.

However, there are devils.

You alchemists! Too bad.

The expl*sive force of an open space does not compare to that of a closed space.

Though I'm sure that the great Flame Alchemist was already aware of that.

I can see air currents! That's how I realized that this cave had been closed up! Very soon, you will become me.

Envy! You can't let him use alchemy.

You dumbass! Bring my bring my mama back to life! Naughty boy.

Right now, the Philosopher's Stone has been activated to its maximum level.

If you were to use alchemy here, the transmutation would be started, don't you know.

And here I let you live, because I thought you were still of use to me.

The gate The gate! It's still here! Ed! Brother! Brother! Al? I'm back So that's it.

That other "me" over there d*ed.

I've used yet another life from the other side, have I? That was amazing, Edward-kun.

Doctor Marcoh? Why are you here? You know why, don't you? Ed, you're the one who turned Doctor Marcoh over to the Fuhrer, aren't you? There's no way he could be safe.

He's long since gone into his stomach.

It's as though you were the one who k*lled him.

And while we're at it, that goes for me, too.

It must be difficult, fighting the faces of those who you know.

Even though you've convinced yourself that it's not the real person! Is that it!? Is that the only power you've got!? If so, I've got you b*at! I've already defeated many other Homunculi.

I even defeated the one who looked like my mom.

At this point, no matter whose face you take on That's it.

k*ll me right.

See? Hard, isn't it? Don't do that, Edward.

You've got no right to order me around! Makes no difference to me, but there's no telling what will happen to your brother.

The Philosopher's Stone has been activated.

If a transmutation were to occur around him, then I'm sure you know what will happen.

Don't get too full of yourself! It's no use! I'm the stronger one, after all! Why, you! Don't, Ed! Stop messing with me! Edward-kun! Ed Fullmetal! Are you trying to k*ll me!? That face is the easiest one for me to hit! Show me your real face! Is using other people's faces and taking advantage of others the only thing you can do!? You want to see it that badly? Show it to me, if you can! I'll show you! What's the matter? You wanted to see it, didn't you? Dad? Envy was the first Homunculus, created when Hohenheim was still young.

The boy that he had with me at the time d*ed from mercury poisoning.

He tried to bring him back to life somehow, but failed.

And then he abandoned me.

You can understand why I hate him, right? Brother? Ed Ed! Ed!!