01x57 - Eternal Leave

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". Aired: April 5, 2009 – July 4, 2010.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Japanese anime follows two brothers searching for the Philsopher's Stone, hoping to restore their bodies.

01x57 - Eternal Leave

Post by bunniefuu »

The Führer President has returned?! I heard he destroyed a t*nk from Briggs at the main gate.

That'll show those monkeys from Briggs! Let's gather the rest of the soldiers.

We need to recapture mission headquarters! Yeah! The Führer President is at the main gate? Oh.

It's my first time seeing him with my own eyes.

So he's the one who ripped off my granddaughter's arm! I see.

So you were planning on sacrificing all the civilians so that you high-level officials would gain immortality, and unify the world.

Is Führer President Bradley doing everything even with the knowledge of what you all are up to? He's the leader of this country, and was made for that purpose.

Why are you hesitating?! We're planning on creating a world without w*r! So you're saying the world should be destroyed once for that purpose? It's not destruction, but rather regeneration.

It's the 'reconstruction' stage that you alchemists refer to.

The civilians aren't going to be given 'death'.

They're going to receive the honor of living within us forever! And we're going to unify the world together! All is one, and one is all! We, the chosen ones of Amestris, will become one and- You heard him.

What will you guys do? They're trying to gain everything for themselves.

Are you just going to let him go? C-Come along with me, you all.

If you do, I'll ask that man to- I'm a soldier, so I must obey the orders of my superiors.

But to be honest, I don't know what to believe anymore You're still hesitating in this situation? Obeying a superior you can't even believe doesn't make you loyal.

You're just fooling yourself.

Believe in yourselves.

Just choose a way of living that won't shame your soul.

I have family in the city.

So do I.

I, too, as well.

Brigadier General, this is our answer.

Mission headquarters, what's the situation? Not too great.

The Central Soldiers have begun to recover in several areas.

Where are you right now, General? The Führer President's office.

And the survivors? We haven't been able to get in touch with our men who are around the office.

There's a high possibility that there are many Central Soldiers surrounding it.

Roger.

If things get dangerous over there, run.

Just leave me behind.

Aye, Ma'am.

Now, this place has become filled with enemies again.

It's only a matter of time until the Central Soldiers form up and storm this place.

Which means After going down a bit, I'll dig a side tunnel as an escape route, just like I did when I came here.

Escape Why don't we escape together? You all could probably use some time to recover and plan, couldn't you? He's close.

You think so too? You two can sense him? It's more of a "bad feeling".

Like the feeling you get when a bad scar starts aching.

Oh my, do I have guests? I'm a little nervous.

Who are you?! Me? Hmm The man who created King Bradley perhaps? The Führer President Which means you're on their side.

Huh? You're I thought you were at the radio station, but you actually took the effort to come here.

Thanks for giving me one less thing to do, Mustang.

Guys, entertain them for a while.

Who the hell are they?! Dolls?! No Their movements clearly differ from the dolls! They're men who might have become King Bradley.

They were gathered as soon as they were born, and they were given special education and training for the sole purpose of becoming the Führer President.

And with the twelfth experiment, King Bradley was born.

So these are! The leftovers.

Despite that, they've been training for battle all this time.

Although they're not as powerful as King Bradley, they're pretty good.

Damn those rebels! sh*t, I passed out.

Captain! That's right If I were to pull it out, I'd probably die from blood loss.

Bradley! That was close, old man! It was an accident, youn- It wasn't on purpose! You- As I thought, prey like you gets my heart pumping faster.

I'm surprised you put up such a good fight despite being more aged than I.

But! It ends here! Gramps! The prince from Xing, eh? Dammit, Lin! Quit taking over without asking! You're just like the girl who cut her own arm off.

Just like her, you endanger your life for something you can't throw away.

Young master I can no longer fight.

Just throw me away Quit joking! Are you telling me to become a man like him?! A king exists for his people.

Without his people, there is no king.

He's planning on abandoning the people of his country.

That's not someone I want to become! A man unworthy of being called 'king', huh Then we must defeat him.

Don't speak! Take a break! I agree.

I'll take a break I shall rest.

Harden, Greed! Protect the young master's body! R-Right! Young master Become king.

It's time for this old geezer to begin his eternal rest! Idiot!! Idiot!! You're coming to hell with me, Bradley!! I can't give him a single wound, even by risking my life? Young master I'm so sorry Even if you possess the eyes of God, you can't possibly dodge an att*ck coming from somewhere you can't see! Old man, I'll be going to hell with you I'm so grateful Grandpa!!! Jesus! First you get stuck in a ditch, then you ram into a lightpost?! You really suck at driving! Shut it! Be thankful that we were able to get this far in a b*at up car like that! We've come this far! Stop fighting! Anyway, we need to hurry up and find a place where we can get underground.

That's Colonel Mustang? I hope they're doing well.

Brother Let's hurry! How non-human can your movements get?! Colonel, your back is wide open.

There's someone I've entrusted my back to, so yeah.

The gate of truth.

Human transmutation, a taboo in alchemy.

Alchemists who try it end up opening the gate of truth, paying a befitting toll.

So that's how the Elric Brothers sacrificed their bodies? Did you do it too? They took a bit of my insides.

But what I learned from all that, is that human transmutation never works.

Oh my, soldiers like yourselves probably aren't interested in tales like these.

Not true.

Humans who have opened the gate of truth are the "human sacrifices" they speak of.

You may have a handhold in finding out what they are up to.

So you all had someone you wanted to see again, even if you had to open the gate of truth and sacrifice your body.

What about you? Do you have someone that you'd give up anything for just to see again? Now that's something that means nothing to a soldier.

Having regret for the deceased is pointless.

We fight in order to keep them alive.

That's true.

But I feel like I understand something now.

Edward Elric.

When I first met him, I threatened him and told him to tell me everything he knows, but that boy didn't say a word about his old friend having been taken hostage.

Just one line: "Please try to realize.

" Those eyes were different from those of us soldiers, or even those of State Alchemists, who are referred to as the dogs of the m*llitary.

If I had to say, they were eyes that didn't want to lose anything important to them again no matter what Eyes of an unreasonable child? I'd be lying if I said that those straightforward eyes didn't move my heart.

But will those naïvely honest feelings of his find a way out of the difficulty in this fight, or will they come back to harm him? There.

Let us begin.

Number 16, Number 17, Number 21, Number 23, Number 26.

Come here.

What?! Here we go! What did you do?! This is just the first step.

Do you know how many alchemy research facilities under direct control of the Führer President exist in Central? There should be four that are currently being used No! Research Laboratory 5 There are five! A transmutation circle with five points! Could it be that the curving underground path was a circle that connects the research facilities?! What?! What's wrong, Mr.

Heinkel? Izumi.

Yeah.

Seems like this is a good spot.

I'm going to dig a hole for escape purposes in this wall.

Stand back.

Then this is where we say goodbye.

We still need to remain here and fight.

From here on out is probably the enemy's backbone.

We can't just let our chance to ambush them go to waste.

You Thanks for all your help.

We're in your debt, Izumi Curtis.

I should be saying that, Major General Arm- What?! Alphonse! Izumi! Izumi!! F-Fullmetal! Dammit!! Next time, Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 58, Human Sacrifices.

Continuing to protect even after death is their long-cherished plan.