01x59 - Lost Light

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". Aired: April 5, 2009 – July 4, 2010.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Japanese anime follows two brothers searching for the Philsopher's Stone, hoping to restore their bodies.

01x59 - Lost Light

Post by bunniefuu »

Colonel There's no need for you to perform human transmutation.

You'll do it, won't you, Mustang? Now! I will.

Oh, so you'll do it?! I'll do as you say, Lieutenant.

I will not perform human transmutation! You're going to abandon her? That's not very nice of you.

Abandon? That's the last word I want to hear from someone who uses these guys as pawns.

I'm sure they're happy to be my pawns.

They were abandoned by their parents and would have d*ed long ago if it hadn't been for me.

Yet, I gave them food and the highest education possible.

I also gave them the meaning to live.

They're thankful.

And this is precisely why you get tripped up by your enemy.

What are you- He disappeared? Well, I'm thankful at least.

I was able to capture you thanks to your stupidity.

L-Let go! Hurry up and let everyone go! Or else! I-I'm the only doctor here who can use alchemy! If you k*ll me, that woman is as good as dead! Don't you get it?! You're sounding pretty darn lame right now, Mister Doctor.

A philosopher's stone Get the f*ck out of my way! Lieutenant! Hang in there! Lieutenant! Open your eyes! Lieutenant Lieutenant! Lieutenant! You all right?! If I can just reach that Don't die! Get yourself together, Lieutenant! This is more important! Leave this to me.

Lieutenant! I've stopped the bleeding.

You need to let her see a doctor right away.

I'm in your debt.

Thank you.

I'm sorry, Colonel Don't speak.

Just rest for now.

Thanks for understanding my glance.

We've known each other for a while, after all.

Furthermore, you were glaring at me as if you were trying to say, "I'll sh**t you to death if you perform human transmutation.

" That was the last of them, eh? Thanks, guys.

You saved us.

Don't worry about it, man.

Right! The philosopher's stone! King Bradley.

His wounds aren't healing? Long time no see, Mustang.

It certainly has been a while.

You look awfully different from how I remember.

Bradley, eat this! I was certain you'd attempt human transmutation if someone precious were to fall right in front of your eyes.

You're right, I probably would have back then.

But now, I have people by my side who are willing to stop me and point me toward the right path.

When you start thinking that humans are pitiful creatures that never learn, there are those like you who knock us off our feet by learning and evolving at such a quick pace.

Humans are just so unpredictable, it infuriates me.

What's the matter? He's right underneath Deep below.

Damn you! I won't allow you to get in his way! Give it up, old man.

You're already- Jerso! Pull yourself together! G-Get yourselves out of here! sh*t.

Something truly fearsome is approaching.

Look after the lieutenant for me.

Colonel! A-Attaboy, Bradley.

I sure am skilled at raising- Colonel Mustang, you're the fifth sacrifice.

The fifth and last.

Again? Why the heck is it so rowdy today? Ah, the solar eclipse has begun.

I didn't really want to have to use this method, but we're fairly short on time right now.

We're going to force you to open the gate, Colonel Mustang.

I certainly won't perform- It doesn't matter whether you're willing to or not.

An alchemist possessing the knowledge of human transmutation was assimilated by Pride.

He has the construction formula.

I've secured him.

Step aside, Wrath.

Well, I'm curious as to what they're going to take from you.

Colonel! No! You'll be dragged into it! Colonel!! The transmutation is complete.

That's the four-eyed geezer? Where is the Colonel? Worry not.

He should be with our father by now.

Though I certainly can't guarantee that he is with no physical defects.

As you can see, I'm fatally wounded.

Who shall be the one to win fame for defeating the Führer President of Amestris? Will it be a chimera? A foreigner? Mustang's pet? Or perhaps, will all of you band together to take me down? What the hell? Why do I get the feeling we won't stand a chance against one wounded old man? Underneath Right beneath that hole.

The four-eyed geezer went nuts as soon as May said there's someone underneath that place.

Said something about not letting us get in his way.

Seems like they don't want us going further underground.

So that must be the center.

That's right.

I feel a huge cluster of energy right below us.

If that's the case Colonel! He's the fifth sacrifice, father.

I'd like to say that we've gathered all five, Are you all right, Colonel?! Colonel! Get yourself together, Colonel! but Alphonse Elric has yet to come over to this side.

Are you okay, Colonel?! Fullmetal? Where the hell are we? We're with the big cheese now.

What in the world happened, Colonel? I was thrown in front of a large gate in some white room Gate?! Don't tell me they took something from you?! But you still have all your limbs I'm surprised you can see me when it's so pitch-dark out here, Fullmetal.

What are you talking- It's too dark for me to see anything.

The light.

Where's the light? I-It couldn't be So you've lost your vision.

How convenient.

Truth be told, you have the most troublesome ability out of all the state alchemists, so I'd much rather you sit there and weep.

Colonel You performed human transmutation? Fullmetal.

Do you really think I'd do something like that? We forcefully had him open the gate.

But the result is all that matters.

Though Colonel Mustang would have been the most troublesome opponent, with this, he's utterly useless in battle.

Truth is cruel.

Out of the cocky ones who tried to revive the dead in order to be embraced by their mother's warmth again, one of them was robbed of his leg with which to stand, and his one and only brother was also taken from him.

The other was stripped of his entire body which left him unable to feel warmth at all.

The woman who longed for her dead child was given a body no longer able to reproduce.

Now, the one who had his eyes fixed on the country's future was robbed of his vision; never again will he be able to see what the future holds.

He gives humans their suitable forms of despair to prevent them from getting too conceited.

He is the existence which you humans refer to as 'God'.

Truth.

How is that fair?! Those of us who acted on our own initiative certainly deserved it.

But someone who wasn't even willing was dragged into human transmutation, robbed of his vision, and you say that's well-deserved? Truth is too illogical for me to accept! Are you planning on getting in father's way? What is your true name? I have no name.

I've disposed of it.

What a coincidence.

I, too, do not know my real name.

A duel to the death between two nameless beings shall make quite a show.

May! There he is.

How dare she open up a hole on the roof of my house He looks different now, but judging from that aura! You're the immortal leader, aren't you?! Sir Alphonse?! What happened to you?! I don't know.

He just won't wake up.

No way! Sir Alphonse! Sir Alphonse! Please, wake up! Sir Alphonse!! It's It's my body I've been waiting for you.

Welcome back.

What's with this thin arm? I'm skin and bone.

I'm barely able to stand.

I There's! There's no way I'll be able to fight with that body! Everyone's giving their all! You don't want to reunite with me? Of course I do! I've I've always dreamed of getting my body back! But Not now.

I won't be able to fight with that body! Not with that body Do you want to go back to the other side? Would you like to go back with that body? If so, I won't stop you.

Sorry.

I'll come again.

Hang in there for a little longer! I'll definitely come again! I swear! It's a promise! Al! You okay, Al?! Sir Alphonse! Al! Master.

Brother.

May! Wait, where am- In order to help your friends, you leave behind the body you've been longing after for years.

My soul, you are beyond dignified.

I am nothing but proud to be your container.

But the fact that you went back may lead to the world being submerged in despair, Alphonse.

That makes all five of you.

Next time, Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 60, Heaven's Eye, Earth's Gate.

The world became engulfed in darkness.