06x08 - Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

06x08 - Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe

Post by bunniefuu »

Previously on One Tree Hill

Lon : It's over.

Lucas : Because of one bad signing?

Lon : Go home, write another book. I promise I'll read the next one.

Mike : Listen, I heard you were looking for the opportunity to play ball again.

Nathan : Yes, sir.

Mike : Well, I have one for you.

Owen : So, what do you think, man? You gonna come play for us?

Jamie : You have to do this, daddy.

Nathan : I'm just worried my back can't take something like this right now. Ohh.

Brooke : I'm surprising myself by saying it, but. I have an extra room, and it's yours if you want it.

Boss : We're prepared to offer you a bigger salary and the on-air position you should have had.

Man : You get a better position and a hot intern.

Mouth : Hot intern? Gigi?

Gigi : Mouth!

Man : What? You guys know each other?

Gigi : We were high-school lovers.

Peyton : You'll be careful, right?

Derek : I won't go trying to be a hero or anything.

Peyton : Come here.

Derek : I'll be back, Peyton.

Peyton : I believe you.

Brooke : I told you I wanted to be a mom, and you ran away so fast, you left an Owen-shaped hole in my front door.

Owen : You're right. I'm sorry.

Brooke : You're still a jerk.

One Tree Hill - Season 06 Episode 08

AT THE GYMNASIUM

Coach : All right, nice work, guys. Go home, get some rest. Game time's 8:00.

Owen : Not bad for a rookie. You ready for tonight?

Nathan : Bring it on. I got this.

Owen : We'll see, man. It's kind of different in the game.

Nathan : How different?

Owen : That different.

Jamie : Did he get up, mama?

Haley : Yeah, baby, he got up. This time.

Brooke : Hey. How's he doing?

Haley : Well, he's in one piece for now, but I thought Owen was gonna protect him.

Brooke : Hey,99,thought you were gonna protect 23! And why don't you get over your whole fear of having children while you're at it?

Sam : Hey, you're short.

Jamie : I'm 5.What's your excuse?

Sam : Nice. So, what's your name?

Jamie : James Lucas Scott.

Sam : Scott, huh?

Haley : Yeah, he's teacher's pet. Hi, Sam. How uncool are you, hanging out with your teacher? It's borderline creepy.

Brooke : Totally.

Sam : So, what's going on here?

Jamie : It's called slamball. Dunks are worth three points, and jump sh*ts are worth two points. My daddy plays on the slashers with Owen.

Brooke : You hear me, Owen? You better watch Nathan's back! Literally!

Jamie : They used to kiss.

Peyton : Hey, Sam, I'm Peyton. I really like your outfit, man.

Sam : Thank you. It's a lot like yours, actually.

Brooke : Geez, Millie, who knew you were such a sports fan?

Millicent : I'm not. I'm looking for mouth.

Brooke : Mouth and Gigi?

Peyton : Gigi the ex?

Millicent : Gigi the college junior/the new intern/the ex with her college-girl body and her college-girl face!

Brooke : Okay.

Jamie : They used to kiss ... Mouth and Gigi. He kisses Millicent now.

Sam : I'm liking you.

Jamie : Thanks. Mama says I'm not allowed to date yet, but daddy says it's fine.

Haley : What?

Brooke : Hey, P. Sawyer- soon-to-be-Scott, where's your fancy fiancé?

Peyton : I have no idea.

Lucas : Could you say that again? No, I...I guess I just don't understand. I thought the book wasn't doing well. Oh. Wow.

Mouth : Man, this is some great stuff.

Gigi : Yes. It is.

Millicent : Um, Marvin?

Mouth : Millicent, hi. What are you doing down here?

Millicent : Just wanted to say hi.

Mouth : Okay. Hi. Oh, uh, Millie, this is Gigi, my intern. Gigi, this is Millicent.

Millicent : Hi. Millicent. Marvin's girlfriend.

Gigi : Millicent ... Marvin's hot girlfriend. Nice work, Mouth. Hi. Gigi.

Millicent : Hi. So, should I wait for you after the game or.

Mouth : Um, well, we have to go back to the studio and digitize some of this footage.

Gigi : We're doing a piece on Nathan's journey to slamball. It was mouth's idea. He's kind of a genius like that. You have awesome legs, by the way.

Millicent : Yeah. Okay. I'll see you at home, then? Not too late?

Mouth : Not too late.

Gigi : Well, we better get back to the game. Watch your step, Mouth.

Mouth : Why?

Gigi : You don't want to trip on that short leash.

Coach : Time-out. Nathan, you made three jump sh*ts in a row. What the hell is that?

Nathan : It's called scoring.

Coach : It's called slamball! What are you ... hurt? You need a seat?

Nathan : No, I'm good.

Coach : Then get in there and take over this game. Now, I need you. Let's go.

Lucas : Hey.

Peyton : Hey ,there he is. I thought you might have ditched me. What's up?

Lucas : I just got a call from my agent. Someone made an offer for the movie rights to my book.

Peyton : Luke! For "The Comet"? That's great!

Lucas : No, actually, not for " The Comet," but, um, "Ravens".

Team : 1,2,3. Slashers!

Owen : What you think, man? You up for this?

Nathan : Not if it's gonna put me back in a wheelchair.

Owen : It won't.

Nathan : That's easy for you to say. You're not the one with the ball.

Owen : Exactly. Stay behind me.

Other Coach : All right. Hot ball, hot ball! Knock his ass out!

Nathan : Nice!

Owen : Thanks. Let's go, all-Americans.

Haley/Jamie : Yeah !

Sam : Wasn't he, like, just in a wheelchair or something?

AT SCOTT'S HOUSE

Jamie : Morning, daddy. You're alive, right?

Nathan : I think so.

Jamie : Can you walk?

Nathan : Yeah, I'm good.

Jamie : Prove it.

Nathan : I will if you get off me, you dork.

Jamie : Should I get mama?

Nathan : Jamie, I'm fine. Look. You're happy? No?

Jamie : Well, the dancing's not so good, but okay. Good game, daddy.

Nathan : Haley James?

Haley : In here! There's coffee. We pretty much share this house 50/50,don't you think?

Nathan : Yeah. Why?

Haley : I don't know. This stupid article. Do I even want to ask?

Nathan : I'm fine. Really, I'm fine. What?

AT LUCAS'S HOUSE

Peyton : So, you've had a night to sleep on it. Where's your head at with this whole movie thing?

Lucas : I don't know. You know, on one hand, it could be really cool. But you know how personal that book is. You know, the stuff with us and Keith.

Peyton : Yeah, but it's already in the book, right?

Lucas : Yeah, I know. I guess I just feel like I can control the book more.

Peyton : Well, whatever you decide to do is the right thing as far as I'm concerned.

Lucas : Thanks, babe.

Peyton : I got to get going.

Lucas : All right, well, call me when you get there, and be careful, all right?

Peyton : I will. Hey. I sort of like you, you know that?

Lucas : Well, thank you. I'm kind of warming up to you, too. It's a good thing, since we're getting married.

Peyton : Bye.

AT CLOTHES OVER BROS

Millicent : It's really good, Brooke. Peyton's gonna love it when it's done.

Brooke : Yeah, well, I hope so, considering we have nothing else to sell. How could I have signed my company over to that.

Millicent : Slut?

Brooke : Too nice. How about. Slunt? Millie, what are we gonna do with this place?

Sam : You know what? I like it like this.

Brooke : Oh, do you?

Jamie : Aunt Brooke!

Brooke : It's my favorite man. Who's your favorite girl?

Jamie : Sam!

Brooke : Excuse me? Who is yr favorite girl? You are? All right, that'll do. Get out of here. I have been replaced.

Haley : I will take one unfinished wedding dress. That's all I want, and I'll pay top dollar for it.

Brooke : Well, I'll pay top dollar for one song off of an unfinished album.

Haley : I don't like this game anymore.

Brooke : Mm, I feel you.

Haley : So, what's going on with baby Brooke?

Millicent : Victoria's lawyers say she owns it. Brooke's lawyers say Victoria's lawyers can baby Brooke themselves.

Haley : Have you thought about starting a new line, Brooke? You've done it before. You can do it again.

Brooke : I appreciate the vote of confidence, Haley, but I'm just not feeling inspired lately.

Haley : Well, speaking of, Owen looked pretty hot last night. Didn't you think so, Millie?

Millicent : Totally. What did you think, Brooke?

Brooke : I think Sam is driving me crazy, wilding about like a feral cat! Sam, this is a boutique. It is not a skate park.

Sam : Well, you could have fooled me.

Brooke : If you have a plan to fill this place up, have at it. Otherwise, go skate in traffic.

Haley : Clearly, I've upgraded Sam's foster-living environment.

Millicent : Clearly.

Jamie : Mama, can I sleep over at aunt Brooke's tonight?

Haley : Oh, sweetie, I don't know if aunt Brooke

Brooke : I would love that. It would be nice to have a man in the house.

Jamie : Awesome. Thank you.

Haley : And speaking of, I thought Owen looked pretty hot last night. Didn't you think so, Millie?

Millicent : Totally. What did you think, Brooke?

Brooke : I think I don't like either of you.

AT LUCAS'S HOUSE

Julian : Lucas Scott.

Lucas : Maybe.

Julian : Julian Baker. I think your agent called you about me. I'm interested in optioning your book.

Lucas : Yeah, they called me last night. Uh, they didn't say anything about you coming to town, though.

Julian : No ,no. Actually, they don't know. I'm just passing through on my way to New York.

Lucas : Right. You're just passing through Tree Hill, huh?

Julian : Absolutely. Yeah, I want to get a feel for the people and places that inspired your book. It is really great work, Lucas.

Lucas : Yeah, well, thanks, but yeah,

Julian : You probably feel a little ambushed.

Lucas : Yeah, a little bit.

Julian : Yeah, right. I'm sorry. I understand. When I get, when I get inspired by something, I get a little obsessed. Not in a Peyton-stalker sort of way, just ... just driven.

Lucas : What did you say your name was again?

Julian : Julian baker.

Lucas : Julian.

Julian : I tell you what. I'm gonna be in town for the night. Check out my credits online. If you're feeling it, give me a call. We'll grab a drink. You got plans?

Lucas : Maybe.

Julian : That's exactly what I would have said. Fair enough. But if you don't, at least hear me out. If you don't like what I have to say, I'm gone, okay? I promise. At the very least, you get a couple of free drinks from a guy who loves your work. All right, your agent has my number, okay?

Lucas : Okay.

Julian : Good. Well, it's great to finally meet you, Lucas Scott. Your reputation precedes you. Oh, by the way, the house is exactly like I pictured it. It's perfect.

OUT

Derek : So, congratulations.

Peyton : Congratulations, marine. What did you do? Save another life?

Derek : No. They just thought it would look good with the uniform. Hi, Peyton.

Peyton : Hi, big brother. Hey, I missed you.

Derek : I missed you, too. Come on.

AT MOUTH'S OFFICE

Mouth : Hey, Gigi.

Gigi : Hey, sexy.

Mouth : And you wonder why Millicent has me on such a short leash. Look, I know we're friends, but since you're my intern, maybe you should call me something other than sexy, all right?

Gigi : Okay, hot piece of ass. Sorry.

Mouth : How are you doing with the Nathan footage?

Gigi : Uh, it's all in the system. I've got video from Nathan in high school, video from Gilmore, video from Maryland. I think I've even got that video of him and Brooke in there somewhere.

Mouth : All right. How about we start with something from his accident? You know, we set the stakes. Then we can flash back and work our way up to slamball.

Gigi : Talented and sexy.

Mouth : Gigi.

Gigi : Oh, come on, Mouth. If I can't joke around with you, who can I joke around with? Besides, you know you love it.

Mouth : That is not the point.

Oh, so you do love it.

Mouth : Just start with the accident, and I'll be back. Gigi, uh. it is nice working with you again. You're doing great.

Gigi : Thanks. I know I give you a lot of grief, but I think it's amazing watching you work. I missed you ... Sexy.

AT SCOTT'S HOUSE

Lucas : Hey, man.

Nathan : Hey.

Lucas : What you doing?

Nathan : Making pancakes.

Lucas : Really? Why?

Nathan : 'Cause I want pancakes. There's a list over there on the table.

Lucas : What's the list for?

Nathan : Guys to play me in the movie.

Lucas : God, you've got to be kidding me.

Nathan : What? I don't want some tool playing me.

Lucas : So, I guess you've heard, huh?

Nathan : Yeah. Haley told me. It's pretty cool, man.

Lucas : Yeah, I guess. The producer actually stopped by my door today.

Nathan : Good guy?

Lucas : You know, it's hard to say. You know, I mean, he's got some cool credits, but. I don't know. I don't want them to screw this up, you know? I mean, who's gonna be directing it? Who's gonna write the script?

Nathan : Maybe that's a question you should ask him.

Lucas : Yeah.

Nathan : You want some pancakes now, don't you?

Lucas : Yes, I do. Hey, and, uh, hate to break it to you, but Shia Labeouf? I think he's a little too old to play you for high school.

Nathan : Oh, come on, man. You've seen how old these actors are playing high school.

Lucas : Yes. Thank you.

Nathan : So, did you see me get my clocked cleaned in the game last night?

Lucas : No, actually, I missed it. How are you feeling?

Nathan : I'm a little sore. Haley was kind of freaked out, but I'm fine. You know, Luke, I never saw this slamball thing coming, but, I guess that's part of the journey. And this movie thing ... I mean, it could be good for you, could really open some other doors.

Lucas : Yeah, maybe. Hey, Nate. Haley's holding her breath over slamball so you can chase your dream. Just, uh. Let her know it's gonna be okay, all right?

Nathan : Yeah. What's Peyton think of the movie?

Lucas : Uh, what do you mean?

Nathan : Well, I mean, she's basically half the book. How does she feel about it?

Lucas : She said she's good with it either way.

Nathan : What about Brooke? Dude, Brooke's the other half.

AT THE CIMETERY

Peyton : I was happy to get your letter and the invitation. A little surprised, though. I just figured you'd be out by now.

Derek : You make it sound like prison.

Peyton : No, no, I mean, you've been in a while.

Derek : The marines have been good for me, all right? It's what I know. So, how was he? Our dad, Mick?

Peyton : Mm, I mean, pretty much the way you said he'd be kind of lost. I think underneath everything, he is a good guy, but he's just not much of a father.

Derek : You know, I asked Mick to play a U.S.O. Show for us once. Entertain the base. I figured, it's what he does, you know?

Peyton : Yeah.

Derek : He said he'd get back to me. I'm still waiting.

Jamie : I miss Quentin a lot, mama.

Haley : I miss him, too, buddy.

Jamie : I think he's playing basketball, like daddy. Only instead of a trampoline, he can bounce on the clouds.

Haley : Yeah? I like that.

Jamie : Did you always like Quentin, mama?

Haley : You know, the first time I met Quentin, I thought he was a bad kid. But I was wrong. He had such a good heart. He was just afraid to show it at first. You excited about your sleepover with aunt Brooke?

Jamie : Oh, yeah.

Haley : Oh, good. We should get going, buddy.

Jamie : Okay. Bye, "Q. " Chester says bye, too. He misses you like we do.

Haley : Bye, Quentin.

Jamie : Bye Q. Do you think he's lonely in heaven?

Haley : No. I think he's happy.

Jamie : I think he is, too.

AT CLOTHES OVER BROS

Lucas : Hey. So, where's the little orphan girl? What's her name? Annie?

Brooke : Sam. And you so cannot be in here right now!

Lucas : Why not?

Brooke : Because I am working on Peyton's wedding dress, and it is bad luck to see it before the wedding. And considering your luck with weddings, my friend, would you really like to chance this?

Lucas : Very funny. But I thought that, the dress line only when the bride was wearing it.

Brooke : You might have a point there. Fine. It's your wedding to ruin anyway. Tell me that you're here because you want me to make your tux and double my business.

Lucas : Actually, I'm meeting with this movie producer about "Ravens," and I wanted to talk to you about it first.

Brooke : I'm thinking Natalie Portman should play me. I can call her if you want.

Lucas : It's set in high school. Does anybody get that? I mean.

great. So, I suppose you'll be getting some snot from the CW? At least they're hot.

Lucas : Okay, so, does that mean it's okay with you, I mean, if the book becomes a movie?

Brooke : Sure. Why not?

Lucas : Well, I don't know. Sometimes things get lost in translation, you know?

Brooke : Okay. I think you're jumping to conclusions here, writer boy, because first of all, it's got to get made. And if it does, who's to say it's not gonna be this epic, kick-ass love story? I mean, I am making Peyton's wedding dress. That actually might be a great way to end it, you know? And I could always play me.

Lucas : All right. Yeah, here we go. I guess I can consider you on board, then, huh?

Brooke : Yeah.

Lucas : For the record, that dress is unbelievable.

Brooke : Well.

Lucas : You're kind of talented, Brooke Davis.

Brooke : Well, you are not so bad yourself, Lucas Scott.

Lucas : Hey. Could you really call Natalie?

Brooke : Close friend. So much fun.

Lucas : Good to know.

AT THE GYMNASIUM

Mouth : Are there things that you've learned through all of this adversity, Nathan? I mean, do you ever think that maybe the struggle and the setbacks have made you a better person?

Nathan : I guess so. I mean, I like to think that if I would have made it to the NBA out of Maryland, I'd still be a good guy. I hope so.

Gigi : Mouth? We're about to roll out any second.

Mouth : Okay. let's cut and grab another tape.

Gigi : Sure thing, sexy. Sorry. I was talking to Nathan.

Nathan : You know, one of the biggest lessons I ever learned is never to flirt with cute girls that aren't your wife or your girlfriend.

Mouth : What? You don't mean Gigi?

Nathan : No, I'm not talking about the hot college girl you used to date. Why would I be talking about her? Look, Millie's a rock star. Don't screw that up. Be right back, okay?

Mouth : Okay.

Owen : Man, what the hell? Without me, you'd be sitting on the bench sh**ting jump sh*ts. And you get the interview? I'm telling you ... I get no love.

Nathan : You want me to hook you up?

Owen : Tell you what ... you keep the interview. Why don't you hook me up with Brooke instead?

Nathan : That girl's so over me. Well, she's had a tough run lately. But on the list of 100 things you screwed up in your life, I'd say losing Brooke Davis is number 1 through 99. What's the other one? That haircut or the drug addiction. One of the two.

AT BROOKE'S HOUSE

Brooke : Excuse me. Does your mother let you skateboard on her hardwood floors? Oh, you've been saved by the bell, my friend. You should go play in Sam's room. And by "play," I do not mean smoke anything, drink anything, or burn the house down, okay?

Nathan : Hey, Brooke.

Brooke : No way. You cannot have him back already. He just got here.

Nathan : Who? Jamie? You can totally keep him. The kid's a menace. I'm here to talk to you about Owen.

Brooke : And since when do you have Owen's back?

Nathan : Since he's standing right next to me.

Owen : Hey.

Brooke : You should tell your little friend Owen that if he has something to say to me, he can talk to me himself and stop being so 7th grade about it.

Nathan : Dude, if you have something to say to her, you should say it yourself and stop being so 7th grade about it.

Owen : Hi.

Brooke : Hello.

Jamie : What you doing?

Sam : Texting.

Jamie : About what?

Sam : Party. Want to go?

Jamie : Why don't you just use the door?

Sam : Because it's more like an adventure. Like "Goonies".

Jamie : " What's "Goonies"?

Sam : Dude, you totally did not just ask me that. You ever done anything wild?

Jamie : I got kidnapped by my nanny once, chased through a cornfield, and fell in a swimming pool ... and

Sam : Anything on purpose? All right, well, it's a lot more fun when it's on purpose. So you want to go to the party or what?

Jamie : Is there a moon bounce?

Sam : There's moonshine.

Jamie : Okay.

AT THE GYMNASIUM

Peyton : Well, well, the site of our historic throw down. You want a rematch?

Derek : Careful now. Besides, that's how I met Lucas. The night we had to deal with the crazy white fake me, and now you can laugh

Peyton : It's funny.

Derek : And you and Lucas are getting married? Doing pretty good, Peyton.

Peyton : You're doing good. I didn't mean anything about you still being a marine. I think we're all looking for a life that makes sense somehow, and I am very, very happy for you that you found that.

Derek : And have you found it?

Peyton : Yes. I have. I mean, it sneaks up on you, right? But one day, you look at your life, and it has purpose and someone that makes you feel very special and friends. And it's like, all of a sudden, all the time and pain that it took to get there, it just doesn't matter anymore.

Derek : Yeah, I've been waiting to hear you say that since you stood in this ring and started fighting back.

Peyton : Look, I know that Mick hurt you by not being the kind of father you needed him to be, but you made it anyway, you know? You've got people pinning medals on you. And so, maybe all the pain it took for you to get here doesn't matter anymore for you, too, big brother.

Derek : Maybe.

Peyton : Well, I have to get going, but I had an idea. I own a small record label, and I have some connections back from my years in L.A. How about we do that U.S.O. Show?

Derek : You'd do that?

Peyton : Sure. That's what family does, right?

Derek : Sounds perfect.

Peyton : Okay.

Derek : Come on, I'll walk you out. Great. All these years, and you'll get me busted down to private.

AT LUCAS'S HOUSE

Haley : Hey.

Lucas : Hey. What's up?

Haley : Oh, I just dropped off the little monster at Brooke's for the sleepover, and, it's just Nathan and I tonight.

Lucas : Bow chicka bow, bow.

Haley : Very funny. Actually, I was thinking about playing a little piano, taking a nice long bath.

Lucas : And then. bow chicka bow ... sorry.

Haley : Speaking of bad p*rn, how was your movie offer?

Lucas : Nice. No, I don't know. I'm actually about to go meet the producer to talk about it.

Haley : So, you think you're gonna do it?

Lucas : My agent thinks I'd be crazy not to.

Haley : Cool. 'Cause I was thinking of Ellen page for me.

Lucas : And I was thinking Ellen page for Mia.

Haley : Mia? She's not even in your book.

Lucas : Right. I just thought I'd write her in.

Haley : Great. That little brat steals my life, and now she steals my wish-list actor.

Lucas : And not to mention I'm totally screwing with you. So, how are you doing with slamball?

Haley : You know, I've got a husband with a bad back, and he's playing a game called slamball, so you just let me know when I can breathe again.

Lucas : Haley, he's gonna be okay. Look, Nathan wants what he wants, but he's gonna do it smarter this time. I mean, he knows that he has the best wife and son ever to consider in all this.

Haley : Yeah. He has been really sweet through all of it. In fact, I think I'm gonna go home and visit with my sweet husband.

Lucas/Haley : Bow chicka bow wow

AT TRIC

Lucas : Julian.

Julian : Hey. Glad you made it. I hope you don't mind. I got a ... I got a thing for dive bars. You ever been here before? It's a joke. Not a good one, but. no, I-I know this is your spot. I always wanted to see the infamous Tric.

Lucas : It sounds like you've done your research.

Julian : Luke, I'm so inside this story. I can't get it out of my head.

Lucas : Look, I, uh ... I checked out your credits, and you're for real. But, this story's really personal, you know?

Julian : That's why I want you to write the screenplay.

Lucas : What?

Julian : There's no one else that can tell this story. It's your voice, Luke. On top of that, you'll find that the screen trade says a hell of a lot more than your book deal. It's not about the money. Okay, okay. With you, I may actually believe that. Nevertheless, six figures.

Lucas : Really? 100 grand?

Julian : More like 300 grand, and another three if we get the movie made, and I'll get the movie made. So, in the book, it says Peyton moved to L.A. Did she like it there?

Lucas : Yeah, she loved it there.

Julian : Well, if this works out ... and it will ... you're gonna be a successful screenwriter. You could visit her.

Lucas : Well, actually, she lives here now. We're engaged.

Julian : Well, the world loves a happy ending. Listen, you don't know me, but I honestly feel as though I know you. If you option this book to me, I'll give you complete control of the script. We'll do this thing together. Come on, what do you say?

AT SCOTT'S HOUSE

Nathan : Trying something new?

Haley : Yeah.

Nathan : Let me hear.

Haley : Okay.

Nathan : Well,

Haley : What?

Nathan : Sorry. Nothing.

Haley : Oh. Okay. What ... what is wrong with you? I can't play with you making faces like that.

Nathan : I know. Neither can I.

Haley : You're so funny. We were worried about you.

Nathan : My back is fine. I promise.

Haley : Okay. Well, it's too bad, 'cause, you know, Jamie's sleeping over at Brooke's, and, I thought maybe you'd want a little massage. But, you know, it's fine.

Nathan : Well, it's not perfect. As a matter of fact, I was thinking. Maybe you could just carry me upstairs tonight?

Haley : Carry?

Nathan : Is that okay?

AT BROOKE'S HOUSE

Owen : I made a mistake. I was into you. I am into you. I just ... Look. I'm an idiot.

Brooke : Just hold that thought.

Millicent : Brooke, there's a problem at the ... oh. Owen. Imagine that. Sorry. There's a problem at the store. The nosy guy across the street called and said he saw someone breaking in.

Owen : Call the police.

Brooke : No.

Millicent : Brooke.

Brooke : No!

Owen : Fine. I'll go.

Brooke : No. I will go. I just need to tell Sam to watch Jamie. And I need to get my g*n.

Owen : Wait. What?

Brooke : Hey, Sam.

AT CLOTHES OVER BROS

Brooke : I should have brought the g*n.

Millicent : Brooke.

Brooke : Oh, my god.

Owen : Brooke.

Brooke : I'm gonna k*ll her. Come here. Will you take him?

Owen : Yeah, I got him.

Brooke : Sam! What the hell are you doing?

Sam : I told you I could fill this place up.

Brooke : First of all, you are 15 years old. Second, you kidnapped a 5-year-old child, you adolescent nanny Carrie! And third, you are breaking and entering in the place where I work! This is the place. That is Peyton's wedding dress.

Sam : Oh, dude, chill out. It's fine. It's right.

Millicent : h, no.

Brooke : Where is it?

Millicent : Everybody out!

Owen : Let's go! Now! Everybody head out!

Sam : I'm sorry.

Brooke : Get out!

Owen : Not you.

AT TRIC

Lucas : I make this sh*t, it's an equal producer credit, huh?

Julian : Co-producer.

Lucas : Producer.

Julian : Just sh**t. I can't believe I just gave you a producer credit. Here, hurry up and sign this before I change my mind.

Lucas : You know, talk to Peyton first.

Julian : You know what, my friend? That's exactly why this movie should be made. Lucas Scott and Peyton sawyer made it. They're together. It's inspiring. This contract is simply an option. It gives me exclusive rights to the book for six months to do everything I say I'm gonna do. If not, all the rights revert back to you.

Lucas : Yeah, I know. I called my agent, and he thinks I should sign it, too, but.

Julian : He's a smart guy.

Lucas : Okay. Six months.

Julian : We are about to get so drunk. I promise you this will go down in history as an epic day in your life, Lucas.

Lucas : I hope so. I got to go call Peyton.

Julian : Have her come meet us to celebrate.

Lucas : All right

AT CLOTHES OVER BROS

Owen : Thanks, buddy.

Jamie : I'm really sorry, aunt Brooke.

Brooke : It's okay, Jamie. It's not you I'm mad at.

Jamie : It's Sam, huh?

Brooke : Yeah. But I am a little bit mad at you. You should have told me that you were leaving the house tonight. You can't trust people when they're bad.

Jamie : I know. But Sam's not bad.

Brooke : I don't know about that, buddy.

Jamie : She's not. I think she's like Quentin was when mama met him. She's nice. She's just afraid to show it.

AT MOUTH'S OFFICE

Gigi : Hey. You need any help?

Mouth : No, I'm good. You should take off.

Gigi : Okay. Uh, see you tomorrow?

Mouth : Sure. Drive safe.

Gigi : Hey, a bunch of my friends are gonna meet up for drinks later if you want to go.

Mouth : Thanks. I should get home.

Gigi : Okay. I had a great day with you, Mouth. It felt like old times.

Mouth : Yeah, I had a great day, too.

Gigi : Well, you better get back to the old ball and chain. See you tomorrow.

AT SCOTT'S HOUSE

Haley : I'm getting worried about slamball.

Nathan : It's my fault. I underestimated the speed of this game. Some of these guys are great athletes. They're fast.

Haley : Well, you're gonna have to be faster, because I don't know if I can handle another game like the last one.

Nathan : I will be. 'Cause I know you're trusting me. I love you for that.

AT TRIC

Lucas : She's on her way. She's just running a little late.

Julian : Maybe there's another guy.

Lucas : Why did I sign that option again?

Julian : That reminds me ... I got to make a quick call. I'll be right back, okay?

Peyton : Hey, nice sh*t.

Lucas : Nice everything. Wow, you look hot.

Peyton : No, I don't. I was like a tornado at home. Um, where's this producer? I need to ply him with many questions.

Lucas : He had to make a call on his cell.

Peyton : Okay. Well, in that case, I'm gonna go check my handiwork.

Lucas : Oh. You look so hot.

Peyton : Bye.

AT BROOKE'S HOUSE

Brooke : I don't think detergent removes spray paint.

Sam : I know there's nothing I can say other than I'm sorry. I do these stupid things sometimes. I really am sorry, though. You were nice to me, but I'm just not worth it.

Brooke : And where do you think you're going?

Sam : I don't know.

Brooke : You're grounded.

Sam : You're not kicking me out?

Brooke : No. And I hope that someday, you stop acting surprised when you hear that. Now go to your room. Actually, go to my room, because the windows don't open.

Sam : Can I just say about the party ...

Brooke : Sam, I am so pissed off right now. Go.

Sam : I'm sorry, Jamie.

Jamie : I think it's kind of cool.

AT TRIC

Julian : You've gotten even more beautiful.

Peyton : What are you doing here, Julian?

Julian : Haven't you heard? I'm optioning your fiancé's book.

Peyton : Like hell you are.

Julian : Actually, it's already done. I'm quite charming. But you know that, baby.

Lucas : Hey. There you are. Well, I see you two have already met, huh?

Julian : Yes, we have. And you know what, Lucas? It feels like I've known her for years.