06x19 - Letting Go

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

06x19 - Letting Go

Post by bunniefuu »

on "One Tree Hill"...

Mouth : I could have sent that to you.

Millicent : I came to get my car. I'm driving it back.

Mouth : I guess this is goodbye for a while, then.

Millicent : Actually, it's goodbye forever.

Deb : I think we should end this ... us. You deserve more than this.

Mrs Rimkus : You'll address your literature class and explain that you were wrong.

Haley : And if I don't?

Mrs Rimkus : You'll be fired.

Haley : I should probably say goodbye.

Sam : I'm glad you're here.

Julian : I said I loved you, and you didn't say it back. And I said it was fine, but it wasn't.

Brooke : I don't want you to go.

Julian : But I have to.

Lucas : If continuing this pregnancy means I lose you, then we end it.

Peyton : I'm having this baby.

Lucas : We're having this baby.

One Tree Hill - Season 06 Episode 19

AT LUCAS'S HOUSE

Nathan : Up and at 'em.

Lucas : What?

Nathan : It's a beautiful day ... you, me, Jamie, the river court. Come on. Let's go, chop-chop.

Lucas : I thought I'd go sh**t a round with Nate and Jamie. Think you'll be okay?

Peyton : Honey, you don't have to check up on me every five minutes, even though I do love you for it.

Lucas : I know. I guess it's just 'cause, well, I'm the only one who knows.

Peyton : I know. I know. I should tell Brooke the whole "no secrets" thing. Maybe I will. You go play.

Lucas : Okay. I love you.

Peyton : Yeah, I sort of like you, too.

AT PEYTON'S STUDIO

Haley : It's kind of quiet in here.

Peyton : Yeah, Mia had a couple of gigs left on the schedule, but the label really loves that new song I sent.

Haley : Another one? Geez, that's girl's been a writing machine since she hooked up with chase.

Peyton : True, but the song they're really crazy about is "feel this" by Haley James Scott.

Haley : Dude, you totally thudded me!

Peyton : Right. I'm sorry. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to be promoting your career.

Haley : Well, it depends on what they said.

Peyton : Uh, they said... they want more. And they're really excited about the new promotional angle.

Haley : Which is what, exactly?

Peyton : The singing maverick teacher that punched out the principal and slept with a student.

Haley : I never hit anyone. And that other thing was seven years ago. I was a tutor.

Peyton : Oh, okay. Sorry, I had to stretch it a little bit. How's the new stuff coming?

Haley : Nium

Peyton : Nium. Why?

Haley : 'Cause I keep thinking I should be in third-period English and wondering how my kids are doing.

* I keep thinking of you *

AT TREE HILL SCHOOL

Mrs Rimkus : congratulations. You set a new record for failing.

Jack : We didn't fail. You failed. Bring back miss Scott.

Mrs Rimkus : You ... detention in my office, um.

Jack : Here's how little you know ... I'm not even in this class. You shouldn't be, either.

Mrs Rimkus : Anyone else?

Sam : He's got a point. Maybe we wouldn't be failing if you hadn't fired our teacher.

Mrs Rimkus : Watch it, or you'll be joining your friend, Mr. No-name.

Sam : All I'm saying is that either we all got instantly dumber, or you should have been a little bit smarter. I'll see myself out.

Sam : We need to teach Rimkus a lesson. And just to be clear, by "lesson," I don't mean throw on a ski mask and b*at the crap out of her.

AT MOUTH'S HOUSE

Skills : Pack a bag. We taking a road trip.

Mouth : I'm sleeping.

Skills : No, what you're doing is feeling sorry for yourself because your girl broke up with you, because I've been doing me de same dame thing. Now pack that bag.

Mouth : Dude, I'm sleeping.

Skills : You can sleep in the car. Now, you want to ask where we going?

Mouth : Where are we going?

Skills : To fix your broken heart. Now move your feeling-sorry-for-yourself ass. Let's go.

Mouth : Hey, man!

Skills : Let's go!

Mouth : No!

* I've been thinking of you a lot *

AT THE RIVER COURT

Lucas : Nice! All right, now go in for a lay-up.

Jamie : Piece of cake.

Lucas : Nice!

Nathan : Nice.

Lucas : Kid's growing up fast.

Nathan : Tell me about it. He's been asking a lot of questions lately. All of a sudden we're supposed to be the grown-ups that have all the answers.

Lucas : Birds and the bees already?

Nathan : That would be easier. No, they're actually, um ... they're about Keith. Ever since Dan admitted to Jamie that he k*lled Keith, join the club. Actually, I was thinking maybe you could help. He feels bad he never got to meet Keith. You knew him better than anybody. I thought maybe you could talk to him.

Lucas : You know what, I've got a better idea.

AT CLOTHES OVER BROS

Julian : Hey!

Brooke : Hi. Did you come to say goodbye?

Julian : Well, I was thinking maybe this didn't have to be goodbye.

Brooke : What does that mean?

Julian : You said you didn't want to be a footnote in someone else's love story. Well, maybe it's time we write our own epic love story. This time tomorrow, we could be walking on a beach in Malibu.

Brooke : But what about Sam? I can't leave her here.

Julian : Yeah, I thought you'd say that. And I agree.

Brooke : Julian.

Julian : Look, I know you're gonna come up with a million reasons why you shouldn't. So I'm just gonna give you this one why you should. I love you... Brooke Davis. Come with me.

* You're on my mind *

AT PEYTON'S STUDIO

Brooke : Guess what. Your ex-boyfriend just asked Sam and Ii to go with him to L.A. Tonight.

Peyton : Jake?

Brooke : This isn't funny.

Peyton : I mean, that's a really big deal. It is good, though, right?

Brooke : No. It would be ridiculous to go with him. I ... I have a store to fill. My friends are here. My life is here. And what about Sam? You know, my parents did the same thing to me when I was in high school. When they left, I was going out with Lucas. And now he's the father of your baby. And you're pregnant, and I'm your maid of honor. How could I leave you?

Peyton : Brooke, I'm gonna be fine, okay? You should go.

Brooke : We came back here for each other, P. Sawyer.

Peyton : Hon, no. You came back here for me, and I love you for that. But I want you to be happy! This is what you want, right?

Brooke : I want more time to figure out what I want. Do you remember how unhappy you were in L.A.?

Peyton : Well, yeah, 'cause I was alone, because the boy that I loved asked me to be with him, and I said no. So just think about that, all right? And whatever you decide to do, I want you to know I love you.

Brooke : And what if it doesn't work out?

Peyton : What if it does?

AT KEITH'S AUTO SHOP

Jamie : Where are we?

Lucas : When I was your age, Jamie, this used to be my favorite place in the whole world.

Jamie : Why?

Lucas : Well, this is your great-uncle Keith's auto shop. Well, the guy that owns it now ... he gave me a key so I can come whenever I want.

Jamie : Cool.

Lucas : Hey, whoa, uh, be careful.

Nathan : This was a great idea, Luke.

Lucas : Yeah, well, the mustang needs a tune-up anyway.

Nathan : All right, I'll pull it in.

Lucas : Hey, Nate, uh, I wanted to ask you... when Haley was pregnant, did you ever worry about all the things that could go wrong?

Nathan : Of course. Just ... Stay off the internet. It's full of horror stories. Haley looked up one of her symptoms one time and was convinced Jamie was gonna be born with two heads. You know what the doctor told us? Childbirth is the ordinary miracle. You can't believe it happens every day. Jamie, do you want to help me pull the mustang in?

Jamie : Cool. Are we gonna work on it?

Nathan : Of course.

Jamie : Can I help?

Nathan : Yeah, come on.

Jamie : Sweet!

ON THE ROAD

Mouth : Hey. Did you get one of those for me? Thanks. I need it. I've been so exhausted lately.

Skills : Yeah, that's 'cause you've been depressed. But tonight, all that's gonna change, my brother. Tonight, no sleeping ... well, unless sleeping with horny coeds counts. Big college party tonight, baby.

Mouth : What college?

Skills : Your alma mater.

Mouth : What? Skills, Gigi goes there.

Skills : I know. You just texted her and told her you was rolling through.

Mouth : No, I didn't.

Skills : And she texted you back and said how excited she was to see you.

Mouth : Dude, where's my phone?

Skills : Bam!

Mouth : "Your ass is so fine"?

Skills : Thank you.

Mouth : No, I mean you texted that to her?

Skills : It's all good, man. She liked it.

Mouth : Gigi's the reason I lost Millie in the first place.

Skills : No, you're the reason you lost Millie in the first place. Now it's time for you to have some wild-ass, no-strings-attached sex. And Gigi is the one for that.

Mouth : Turn the car around.

Skills : Mouth, look. You're not the only one that needed this trip. Do it for me, okay? The second you want to bounce, I promise, we out of there.

Mouth : "You dirty little freak"?

Skills : That one came from her.

AT SCOTT'S HOUSE

Haley : Sam, Jack, what are you guys doing here?

Sam : Oh, we wanted to see you.

Haley : How did you get in?

Sam : I'm good with windows.

Haley : Why aren't you guys in school?

Jack : Rimkus kicked us out.

Haley : Sorry, but I can't have two students in my house during school hours.

Sam : Good, 'cause it's not just us two.

Haley : Okay, so, does anybody want to tell me why an entire English-literature class is in my "I wish you would have called so I could straighten up first" living room?

Jack : You ever see "dead poets society"?

Haley : Oh, my god, who d*ed?

Sam : We took a stand for a popular teacher ... you.

Haley : You guys, I'm really touched, but principal Rimkus is gonna lose her mind if you don't get your butts back behind those desks.

Sam : We're not learning anything there. She just she just handed back our papers on "catch-22," and we all got D's and F'S. We want you back.

Haley : I feel your pain. I really do. But just think about it from her perspective. Walking out on her isn't gonna make her respect you anymore.

Sam : Who cares? I mean, nobody likes her. She doesn't even know our names, and she's a total bitch.

Haley : Hey, watch your language in my... house, Missy. Listen, I really appreciate you guys' initiative and your heart.

Sam : Thank you.

Haley : But this is not the right thing to do. You have to go back to school.

Sam : We all know Rimkus screwed you, and she's wrong. I mean, look at the difference you made for me... for Quentin?

Haley : Sam, a teacher doesn't have to be your friend or even somebody that you like. In fact, out in the real world, you meet a lot of people that you're gonna disagree with, and you have to learn to work with them.

Sam : Okay, um... how about we disagree with you and you learn to work with us? Because we're not leaving here until you teach us something.

AT THE PARTY

Skills : Man, I miss school. I see why, too. What's up, little mama? Ooh, look at this one. What's up, silky? Hey, yo, I'm gonna holler at you later. I got you. Hey, look, man, I'm about to go fix my broken heart. I suggest you do the same. You seen Gigi around here anywhere?

Mouth : Yep.

Alls : ... 28,29,30!

Gigi : Mouth! Oh, I loved your texts.

Mout : Hey.

Gigi : We got to do a keg stand!

Mouth : Gigi, it's still light outside.

Gigi : I know, but not for long. Bottoms up.

Alls : 1,2... 3,4...

Skills : Let's go, Mouth! You got this, baby!

AT KEITH'S AUTO SHOP

Jamie : Got it!

Lucas : All right. There you go. Good job, Jamie.

Nathan : All right.

Jamie : This is fun.

Nathan : Plus, if you can fix cars, you're gonna score major points with the ladies, like miss Lauren.

Jamie : I thought we weren't gonna talk about that.

Nathan : Oh, that's right. I'm sorry. You moved on. What's the, uh ... what's the piano girl's name ... Madison?

Jamie : Dad.

Lucas : You know, Jamie, it's okay. My uncle Keith used to tease me all the time about Peyton.

Jamie : Really? Why?

Lucas : Well, it's just what guys do when they work on cars together. They tease each other about girls, you know? It's like your dad here. You know, he had to trick your mom into liking him by pretending he needed tutoring.

Nathan : I wasn't pretending. I was dumb as a post, Jamie.

Jamie : Hey, whatever happened to aunt Lindsey?

Lucas : Put the spark plug back in, you goof. All right, buddy, you ready? One, two...

Jamie : Three! I...there!

AT THE PARTY

Gigi : Come on, boys.

Girl : Drink up, baby.

Skills : Okay, sexy city. That's yours. Drink it!

Millicent/Gigi : Having fun, Marvin?

AT SCOTT'S HOUSE

Haley : So, next we have Orr. Now, how would you describe this character? Anyone. Jack.

Jack : Uh well, he's always trying to crash his plane. Um, it makes him seem kind of stupid or nuts or suicidal.

Haley : But is he?

Jack : No, he's, uh, working on a plan to escape.

Haley : Which means?

Jack : He's the smartest, the least crazy.

Haley : Yes! That's it!

Sam : Did you read the book?

Jack : Saw the movie.

Haley : So, do we see how this relates to our theme now?

Sam : Yeah, catch-22 ... it's another contradiction on how messed up the world can be. If Rimkus had made it this interesting, we wouldn't have all gotten F'S.

Mrs Rimkus : You think?

AT JULIAN'S HOTEL ROOM

Julian : It's open. Did you come by to beg me to stay?

Peyton : Brooke said you asked her to go to L.A.

Julian : Did she?

Peyton : I really hope you're serious, because she hasn't been serious about anybody in a long time.

Julian : You haven't trusted me since the day I came to town.

Peyton : Because you looked like you had an a* to grind.

Julian : Maybe I did. But somewhere along the line, this place changed me. Brooke changed me. I told Brooke I love her because I do. I invited Sam because I want us to be a family. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Peyton : All right. For the record, I do believe you. So... I hope it works out.

Julian : Thank you. Wait, she didn't happen to mention which way she's leaning, by any chance?

Peyton : No.

Julian : No, she's not going, or, no, she didn't mention it?

Peyton : I really have no idea what she's gonna say. But I do know this .. if Brooke says no, it won't be because she doesn't care for you. She has been very protective of her heart for a long time. She's afraid.

AT TRIC

Chase : L.A.? Woo, That was fast.

Brooke : I know. It's crazy, right?

Chase : Maybe, maybe not. I guess that means Owen's out of the picture?

Brooke : Uh, Owen had a problem with Sam.

Chase : Or maybe you just didn't let him in.

Brooke : So he let himself into my assistant?

Chase : You know, when you left for New York, sometimes I wish I'd gone after you.

Brooke : So you're saying I should go?

Chase : I don't know. I mean, I didn't go. And eventually I found Mia, and she's been great.

Brooke : So you're saying I should stay.

Chase : I guess I'm trying to say you'll always be able to find someone, Brooke. I mean, come on. Look at you.

Brooke : Thank you.

Chase : But you remind me of that Springsteen line ... there were ghosts in the eyes of all the boys you sent away. Figure out what you want, Brooke. But until you let someone in, you'll always be alone.

* missing * * missing *

AT SCOTT'S HOUSE

Mrs Rimkus : Well, well what's this ?

Haley : Apparently, English lit

Mrs Rimkus : I saw the mass exodus pass my window. Back to school now.

Jack : You can't suspend us all.

Mrs Rimkus : No, but we can start with you, Mr. Daniels. Who's next?

Haley : Okay, can I speak with you in my kitchen, please? Uh, I realize I'm probably in no position to give you advice.

Mrs Rimkus : Last I checked, you had no position at all.

Haley : See? That's ... that's it right there, the way that you speak to me and the way you speak to them. These are not third-graders. They're young adults.

Mrs Rimkus : And?

Haley : And you have to treat them that way. If you give them a class they want to be in, they will come to you. Okay, you guys, third-period English lit is over. I'm serious, and it's not in my dining room. It's back at school. Tomorrow, I expect all of you to be back in principal Rimkus' classroom. It's the right thing to do, and you know it.

Mrs Rimkus : You left some things in my classroom. I'd like them gone by the end of the day.

AT THE PARTY

Skills : Man, Marvin McFadden, you disappoint me. College girls ... good. Alcohol ... good. Pajamas ... good. Where the hell is your head at?

Mouth : In New York

AT SCOTT'S HOUSE

Sam : So, jack, this wasn't your worst idea ever.

Jack : Kids always like an excuse to blow off school.

Sam : Yes, but it was still a nice thing you did for me, and I appreciate it.

Jack : Eh, you know. Well, it's just payback. I mean, you took the fall when I shoplifted.

Sam : Thank you.

Jack : Yeah. You, too.

Haley : Okay, you two, thank you so much for staying behind and cleaning up, but you have to go back to school, also.

Jack : Not me. I'm suspended.

Haley : Go!

Sam : Bye, miss Scott.

AT KEITH'S AUTO SHOP

Jamie : Hey, uncle Lucas, who am I?

Lucas : Wow, it's mini Keith.

Jamie : Uncle Keith must have been so cool.

Lucas : Yeah, well, not just for his unique sense of style. Come here. You know, your great-uncle Keith was the best guy I knew. He was always good to me and my mom. He always helped me out whenever I was struggling.

Jamie : Sounds a lot like you, uncle Lucas.

Lucas : I don't know about that. What I do know is that he loved me and he was proud of me, just like I love you and I'm proud of you. Maybe you're right. How about you fire her up?

Jamie : Me? Really?

Lucas : Yeah.

Lucas/Nathan : Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Lucas : All right, Jamie!

AT THE PARTY

Skills : Double "G" is looking for you.

Mouth : Things were so much less implicated in college.

Skills : How so?

Mouth : I remember walking these halls, hoping that someday I'd be a sportscaster...

Skills : okay, you got that.

Mouth : That I'd have a full life, good friends.

Skills : You definitely got that.

Mouth : And every night before bed, I'd wish that someday I'd find the right girl, a good girl, you know? Someone who loved me as much as I loved her back.

Skills : I don't suppose that girl's name is Gigi. Okay, I made you a promise. Let's go. You okay to drive?

Mouth : Dude, I haven't had a drink for hours. I've never been so sober.

AT CLOTHES OVER BROS

Haley : What, is your next line inspired by "Twilight"?

Brooke : There is no next line. Have you looked around? I might as well go back to selling coffee here.

Haley : Oh, gee, that seems like a lifetime...ago. What's going on with you?

Brooke : Everybody else has families and kids and careers, and ... I have this.

Haley : Brooke, don't sell yourself short. You've got all of us. You've got a godson who loves you. And the reason why I came by today was to tell you about something really rare that I saw. Guess what it was.

Brooke : A unicorn. I've always wanted to see a unicorn.

Haley : Even more rare than that. It was a group of students who wanted to study more. They came over to my house this afternoon, during school, and guess who was their leader. Sam. It's amazing how far she's come since I found her sleeping in the backseat of a car. She's socialized. She's a solid student. She's writing. I think she has a budding romance with jack happening, too. And they stayed behind to clean up the mess after everybody left.

Brooke : Well, that's a lot more than she did when she trashed this place and Peyton's gown.

Haley : That's why I wanted to tell you ... because you should be proud of her and of yourself. All that girl needed was a stable environment, and you gave it to her.

Brooke : Yeah thanks.

AT THE BAR

Sam : Oh, you again.

Julian : Oh, no, no, don't let me interrupt your flow. I want you to keep writing.

Sam : Oh, yeah?

Julian : I loved this story you wrote. My only note would be ... More, please. Sam, you have what most writers would k*ll for.

Sam : A troubled childhood?

Julian : A voice ... you have stories to tell. All you need is a little structure.

Sam : Thank you. Can I still call you when you're in L.A.?

Julian : I totally meant it when I invited you, too.

Sam : Invited me where?

Julian : Uh, I gave Brooke two plane tickets... for you guys to come with me to L.A.

Sam : When?

Julian : Tonight. I guess she didn't tell you.

Sam : Nope.

AT PEYTON'S STUDIO

Haley : Geez, I thought Brooke was in a dark place.

Peyton : Oh, god, I didn't realize how late it d gotten. Got a little carried away drawing. What's up?

Haley : I don't think I've been honest with you. One of my classes came over to my house today, and I realized that, um, the reason I've been dragging my heels when it comes to committing to my next record is that I really love teaching.

Peyton : Well, you may feel different when you're teaching to an entire stadium of students with your music. And besides, you still have a really great student in Mia. You did a wonderful thing in discovering her, and it makes me feel really good to know that you're always gonna be there to guide her.

Haley : Well, so will you.

Peyton : Well, yeah, but, I mean, when the baby comes, I'm not gonna be around as much.

Haley : We're still a team, though, right?

Peyton : Of course.

ON THE ROAD

Skills : Man, these college girls are nasty.

Mouth : Can I ask you something? How are you dealing with this so well so fast? I'm dying here.

Skills : It still hurts, bro. I mean, it always does. But you know what I do?

Mouth : You freaky text and watch p*rn?

Skills : No, I just tell myself that if Deb is the one, then she'll come back. And if not, then I'm all good because I know she's still out there ... the right one. I just haven't met her yet.

Mouth : You once told me if a girl dumps you, she's not the one. Maybe Nathan's mom just wasn't the one. Okay, sorry. That sounded weird.

Skills : P-pull over. It's my turn to drive.

AT BROOKE'S HOUSE

Sam : So, I might be moving to L.A.

Jack : Since when?

Sam : Uh, since Julian invited Brooke and me. Don't freak out.

Jack : When would you be going?

Sam : Tonight.

Jack : Well, that'll be pretty cool. Right?

Sam : Yeah. Listen, I know this sucks for us, but I really want to do this for Brooke. Jack, she's done so much for me.

Jack : Then I guess you should go.

Sam : Better start packing.

Jack : Sam. I just... wanted to do that, um, in case I didn't ever get the chance...to.

AT KEITH'S AUTO SHOP

Jamie : I'm sad I never got to meet uncle Keith.

Lucas : Yeah, I'm sad about that, too, buddy.

Jamie : And I'm sorry about what grandpa Dan did.

Nathan : Yeah. We all are, Jamie.

Jamie : Am I still allowed to miss grandpa Dan?

Lucas : Yeah, Jamie.

Jamie : Yeah. I like it here. You bring something broken, and you fix it up.

Lucas : I always liked it here, too.

IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL

Skills : Mouth, wake up.

Mouth : Where are we?

Skills : At Millie's place.

Mouth : What? How?

Skills : Well, maybe the texting I was doing before was actually with Brooke, and maybe Brooke just hooked me up with Millie's address.

Mouth : Why?

Skills : I told you this morning we was going to fix your broken heart. So, go fix it.

AT TREE HILL SCHOOL

Haley : Oh, sorry. Um, I just came by to pick up some of my stuff.

Mrs Rimkus : Pulling an all-nighter? Your students walked across town to be taught by you. It's hard to get them to walk down the hall for most classes.

Haley : Yeah. Well...

Mrs Rimkus : Would you ever consider...

Haley : I love teaching, but I would never sacrifice my beliefs to do it. You fired me right here in front of all my kids just because you could. So, congratulations, principal Rimkus. You made a good teacher who want to teach and good students not want to learn. You be proud of that.

AT SCOTT'S HOUSE

Lucas : I wish that I could get over things as easily as Jamie.

Nathan : Well, it's easier when you're 5.

Lucas : Yeah. You know, when I see you with Jamie, I think, if my little brother can be such a good father, then maybe I'll be okay, too.

Nathan : Of course you will. And besides, you got a hell of a head start being raised by Keith. Look at today. You're already doing it with Jamie. You'll be great.

Lucas : Thanks. I needed a day like today ... service and repair.

Nathan : Service and repair.

IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL

Millicent : Marvin.

Mouth : Hi.

Millicent : What are you doing here?

Mouth : I was just in the neighborhood. Actually, that's not true. I'm ... I'm here because I can't live without you, Millicent Huxtable, and I don't want to anymore. And I'm sorry.

AT BROOKE'S HOUSE

Brooke : What are you doing?

Sam : Julian told me he invited you to L.A. So I packed your bag.

Brooke : No, he didn't invite me. He invited us. Hang on.

Sam : I packed my stuff, too. I just didn't know if you wanted me to come.

Brooke : Sam, you have school.

Sam : They have schools in L.A.

Brooke : You have jack. You have a life here. This is a stable environment.

Sam : I'm a survivor. I'll roll with it.

Brooke : You shouldn't have to keep rolling with anything. That was the whole point of you coming to live with me.

Sam : He loves you. He's a great guy. He wants us all to try it out together. Don't you get it? Most people dream of this moment. Why aren't we already out the door?

Brooke : Because most people don't leave their lives behind to run off to California with someone that they have only known for a month, Sam ... that's why.

Sam : Brooke, you're a good person, a cool designer, and a kick-ass mom, but ... Sometimes you're your own biggest enemy. You're 22. You have your whole life ahead of you. You have this awesome dude at the airport who loves you! God, you have to go. You have to.

* I want to rock 'n' roll *

* I want to give my soul * * I'm wanting to believe * * I'm not too old * * don't want to make it up * * don't want to let you down * * I want to fly away * * I'm stuck on the ground *

AT THE AIRPORT

Julian : Where's Sam?

Brooke : She's not coming.

Julian : You're not coming.

Brooke : I have a life here, and Sam has her life here.

Julian : It's okay.

Brooke : It's not okay. And it doesn't ... I mean ...

Julian : Brooke. Brooke. It's okay. If this were a movie, it would end different. But life's not a movie. I guess that makes two films that didn't work out.

(Final boarding call for flight 406 to Los Angeles.)

Julian : Goodbye, Brooke Davis.

AT THE BAR

Jack : I guess we're not going to L.A.

Sam : So... about that kiss...

Jack : Well, this is awkward.

AT LUCAS'S HOUSE

Lucas : Hey.

Peyton : Hi.

Lucas : Now, that was a good day.

Peyton : Yes, it was.

Lucas : You tell Nathan?

Peyton : No. Brooke?

Peyton : No.

Lucas : Yeah, well, there's always tomorrow.

Peyton : Yeah. Hey, I'll be in, in just a second, okay?

Lucas : Okay.

(You don't know me.) (It's you Peyton) (And now we can have it.) (You didn't even let me ask)

* Too many years of dying * * why is that? * * And so help me decide * * Help me to make up, * * make up my mind * * wouldn't that save you? * * And so help me decide * * help me to make up, * * make up my mind * * wouldn't that save you? * * Save you wouldn't that save you? *