08x14 - Holding Out for a Hero

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

08x14 - Holding Out for a Hero

Post by bunniefuu »

PICTURES OF COMIC BOOK

Brooke imagine that she is a superhero.

BROOKE(Voice-over): There are people in this world who would rather destroy than create, rather take than give. These people must be stopped.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Brooke is dreaming. She gives a blow of arm to Julian.

BROOKE: Ugh!

JULIAN: Ouch! Brooke, what the hell?!

BROOKE: Was I sleep-fighting again?

JULIAN: Yes. No more "Kick-Ass" for my wife before bed.

BROOKE: You said "wife." I love hearing that.

(Julian steps up)

BROOKE: Mm. Where you going?

JULIAN: Work. I'm directing a commercial today. Remember?

BROOKE: No! So now the honeymoon's over, and we're just gonna turn into a boring, old married couple?

JULIAN: Uh, you fight in your sleep, Brooke. Any couple you're a part of couldn't be boring.

BROOKE: What am I supposed to do without you?

JULIAN: I don't know. Go to the grocery store? Run errands? Cook?

BROOKE: Things a boring, old husband would say for $500, please.

JULIAN: Or you could watch "Kick-Ass" again.

BROOKE: We have a winner.

MOUTH'S APARTMENT

Millie prepares breakfast for Mouth and Skills.

SKILLS: Breakfast? What's the special occasion?

MILLICENT: Marvin's first day back in television.

MOUTH: Yep, I have come full circle and ended up back at the bottom.

MILLICENT: There's nothing wrong with starting over. Julian wouldn't have hired you if he didn't think you were talented. I'm proud of you. Anyway, I should probably head home. I'll see you tonight?

MOUTH: Bye.

(Millie goes away)

SKILLS: You do know it's kind of mean to make her do the walk of shame every day, right? When are you two moving back in together?

MOUTH: We're taking it slow.

SKILLS: Man, "slow"? If you go any slower, you're gonna be going backwards. What you gonna do, take her on a date and try to figure out what her favorite flavor of ice cream is?

MOUTH: It's rocky road. And I don't think that you should be giving relationship advice. You wanted to propose to Nathan's mom on your third date.

CLINN'S HOUSE

Quinn looks at pictures she takes in the wedding. Clay joins her.

CLAY: Damn. You're good.

QUINN: I know. It's still nice to hear.

CLAY: You want to know which picture is my favorite?

QUINN: Hmm? You took that one.

CLAY: Did I? Oh, that's right I did. I had forgotten 'cause it was just so easy. All I had to do was point and click.

QUINN: Mm. That's 'cause I set my camera to "idiot mode."

CLAY: Hey, there's no need to be nasty. You're probably a better photographer than I am. There's just no way to tell.

QUINN: Oh, yes, there is. I've gotten three job offers since posting these.

CLAY: Did you...did you post the one I took? Just because those offers may have been for me.

QUINN: Hmm. Maybe they were.Let's go do something fun today Like bungee jumping. Let's go bungee jumping.

CLAY: No way. You see, I have a strict policy against doing anything where people won't feel sorry for you if you die. For example, you'll never hear anyone say, "Oh, that poor guy. He just wanted to tie a rope around his ankles and jump off a bridge."

QUINN: Okay, maybe not that, but something thrilling.

CLAY: Hmm. I think I know what you need.

QUINN: Uh!

KELLERMAN'S CLASS

Kellerman bullies a student.

KELLERMAN: What's the answer, dummy?

TOMMY: It's "Tommy." And you didn't ask me a question.

KELLERMAN: Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son. How are you going to practice business law if you can't predict my questions ahead of time?

TOMMY: I just don't understand.

KELLERMAN: Maybe you'll understand this.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Nathan tells to Clay what it's happened in class.

CLAY: Come on, man. That didn't happen. Plus, you're quoting lines from "Animal House."

NATHAN: Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little. But the guy is a nightmare. He gets off on humiliating everyone.

CLAY: Eh, so study. I mean, he can't make you look stupid if you know the material. And, besides, I mean, didn't you take this guy's class 'cause it was tough?

NATHAN: I don't have a problem with him being tough. I have a problem with him being a bully.

CLAY: Mm, it is his class. Look, you got one of two options either switch professors or deal with it.

NATHAN: It's too late to switch.

CLAY: Well, then "deal with it" wins. Otherwise, you can't be an Agent.

RED BEDROOM RECORDS

Alex wants to talks to Haley but Mia is here.

MIA: Chase isn't here. Oh, and the cease-fire is off because you kissed him during our truce.

ALEX: And you slept with him during the reception. But it doesn't matter. I'm not here for Chase. He suddenly seemed less attractive when I saw him in the limo with a 5-foot hairy mole attached to him. Anyway, I wanted to talk to Haley about recording a song here.

MIA: Since when do you sing?

ALEX: I'm serious.

MIA: I know. That's why I'm laughing.

ALEX: Well, like I said, I came to ask Haley, not you. Why talk to the greasy rag when you can talk to the mechanic?

MIA: Haley thinks what I think.

ALEX: We'll see.

MIA: Okay, then. Bye.

BROOKE(Voice-over): Evil lurks behind every door in Tree Hill. Stay tuned, loyal viewers... To be dazzled.

ONE TREE HILL – OPEN CREDITS

SET OF COMMERCIAL

Julian explains to Mouth the topic.

JULIAN: So, it's a recruitment commercial for Tree Hill College, and if things go well, it could lead to more work for both of us.

MOUTH: Hey, thanks again for the job. It's nice to be needed for something other than cleaning toilets.

MAN: Uh, we have a problem with Michael.

JULIAN: Our actor.

MOUTH: Let me guess, he flooded the bathroom?

MAN: No, no. Uh...Well, yes. But he has a problem with his lines, too.

JULIAN: What's the problem?

MAN: He doesn't know them.

MOUTH: I'm on it. I need a script and a plunger.

CLUB TRIC

The mother of Chuck drinks glass. Mia comes to the bar.

CHUCK'S MOM: If I didn't hate men right now, you'd be in trouble.

CHASE: Yep. Men suck.

CHUCK'S MOM: Mm.

MIA: Hey. So, I was just checking in. Are we cool? Because, you know, we haven't really talked since the...Um... Wedding.

CHASE: Of course. We said the slutty wedding sex didn't have to mean anything.

MIA: Well, you said that. Uh, I just agreed. So, nothing's wrong?

CHASE: No. At least not with us.

MIA: So what is wrong?

CHASE: I started this job because Owen needed my help. It felt good knowing I was making a difference. Now all I do is help people get drunk.

MIA: If you want to help people, there's always somebody who needs it, you know? You could always volunteer, like Haley did.

CHASE: I could be a Big Brother. I've always liked playing with kids.

MIA: Yeah, don't say that out loud.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Brooke has fun with the toys of Julian. Haley comes in.

BROOKE: Pshew! Who needs a clothing company when you can fly? Oh, my God.

HALEY: Oh. Hey.

BROOKE: Finally. I am so bored, Hales. Not working is k*lling me. Can I...can I come and join you at the crisis center? We could solve problems, like a...Problem-solving...Duo.

HALEY: The truth is, I signed up to help people, but I spend most of the day playing "Angry Birds."

BROOKE: Mm. I know what'll make you feel better.

Haley and Brooke looks at ''Kiss-ass''.

HALEY: The mouth on that little girl!

BROOKE: I know, right?

HALEY: See, why can't the crisis center be more like this? People call in, they ask for help, and we actually help them. But, no, we're told to just listen.

BROOKE: You think anyone would ever tell hit girl to just listen?

ALEX'S HOTEL ROOM

Quinn arrives in the room badly equipped and not capped.

QUINN: Hey. I just got your text. What's the emergency?

ALEX: I didn't say it was an emergency. I said I wanted to talk.

QUINN: Oh. An emergency sounded much more exciting. Anyway, what's up? What's the problem?

ALEX: Have I told you that before I started acting, I really wanted to be a singer?

QUINN: Yes, several times at Brooke's bachelorette party.

ALEX: Okay. Then shut up. The studio is letting me record a song for the soundtrack of my next movie.

QUINN: That's awesome! So, what's the emergency?

ALEX: Again, no emergency. I need a favor. I want to record at Red Bedroom, but Mia won't let me through the door.

QUINN: So you want me to help you break in late at night and secretly record.

ALEX: No. I want you to ask Haley if she'll let me do it.

QUINN: That's it? Just...Talk to my sister?

ALEX: Sorry my problem isn't more exciting. If it makes you feel better, we can pretend Mia's an evil villain that we have to thwart. I just said "thwart." So, will you?

QUINN: Yes, of course I will. But I doubt Mia will mind when she realizes how much it means to you.

KELLERMAN'S CLASS

Nathan is in class.

KELLERMAN: You're wrong. What do you have to say for yourself?

TOMMY: That I wish I was right?

KELLERMAN: It seems the only question you know the answer to is, ''do you want dessert?"

NATHAN: Wouldn't everyone know the answer to that question? It's usually "yes."

KELLERMAN: Well, if everyone knows the answers, we don't need to prepare any more for tomorrow's test. Good day, everyone.

TOMMY: Good looking out, dude.

NATHAN: Hey, no big deal.

TOMMY: Uh, yeah, it is. He's a scary dude. Anyways, uh, me and some of the guys get together twice a week for a study group. Uh, we're actually meeting up tonight, if you want in.

NATHAN: Yeah, sounds great. Where is it?

TOMMY: Funny you should ask. It's your night to host. So...Where is it?

NATHAN: My place, I guess.

CHUCK'S HOUSE

Chase picks up chuck to go somewhere.

CHASE: Are you Charles Daniel Scolnik? I'm Chase, your new Big Brother.

CHUCK: Only losers call me "Charles." It's "Chuck." Hey, you're Jamie's friend, right? The bartender.

CHASE: Bar manager, yeah.

CHUCK: Ooooooh. So, what are we doing today?

CHASE: How would you like to go up in a plane?

CHUCK: Cool! Where to?

CHASE: Just around Tree Hill, maybe Pickerington.

CHUCK: Okay. Nice hat. Do they make them for guys?

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley looks at his letter-box, Brooke arrives with bags of clothing.

BROOKE: Hey.

HALEY: Do I even want to ask?

BROOKE: I'll give you a hint. ''da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na! Haley! Haley!''

Brooke and Haley try the costume of superhero.

HALEY: No.

BROOKE: No. What, you haven't even heard my idea.

HALEY: Fine. What is it?

BROOKE: We should be superheroes.

HALEY: No.

BROOKE: Come on! You love helping people. I love designing clothes. You put those things together, and voila.

HALEY: "Voila" is not exactly the word I would use to describe this.

BROOKE: Come on! You yourself said you wanted the crisis center to be more like "Kick-Ass." We can use it to find people who need help. It can be like our own personal batphone.

HALEY: You are forgetting an important detail, which is the fact that superheroes have actual superpowers.

BROOKE: Yes, but I am feisty, and you're pregnant. Nobody's gonna hit a pregnant lady! It's like your shield.

HALEY: You want me to use my unborn baby as my shield?! Are you crazy?

BROOKE: Oh, come on! I need a sidekick.

HALEY: Sidekick? Girl, give me a break. If anything, we're gonna be a duo.

BROOKE: So you're in. Aah! Let's be superheroes!

(Quinn enters in the room)

QUINN: Uh...

BROOKE: Exactly how much did you hear?

QUINN: Enough? I'll just come back later. Aah!

BROOKE: I'm afraid I can't let you do that.

QUINN: Okay.

SET OF COMMERCIAL

Millicent joins Mouth at his job.

JULIAN: Okay, cut!

MILLICENT: Hi. Um, I hope it's okay that I stopped by. I didn't know if they'd give you lunch.

MOUTH: Oh, thanks. Skills ate my breakfast.

MILLICENT: One of the downsides of having a roommate. Is he back for long?

MOUTH: I never know. He actually asked if you and I were gonna move back in together.

MILLICENT: What did you say?

MOUTH: That we were taking it slow. Right?

MILLICENT: Right. Anyway, um, I'm gonna let you get back to work.

(Millicent goes away and Julian approaches to Mouth)

JULIAN: She seemed upset. Did something happen?

MOUTH: I think I just told her that I didn't want to live with her.

JULIAN: That'll do it.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Quinn wants explications.

QUINN: What's going on?

BROOKE: It's quite simple, really. Haley and I are Tree Hill's newest superheroes.

QUINN: I didn't know Tree Hill had any superheroes.

BROOKE: Well, now that you know, you're either with us or against us. We would prefer "with."

HALEY: She's kidding. Obviously...

QUINN: I'm in!

BROOKE: Excellent! Now all we need is Haley to go to the crisis center and find us a problem to solve.

HALEY: I never said that I would do this.

BROOKE: There's our first problem. You fix it. I'm needed elsewhere.

AIRPORT

Chase took along Chuck to the airport.

CHASE: Do you want to know why I became a Big Brother? 'Cause you have no friends. Chuck!

CHUCK: Why? It's this new thing I invented. You just got chucked.

CHASE: What if we just high-five instead?

CHUCK: High fives are lame.

CHASE: You know, when I was a kid, I always wanted to become a pilot.

CHUCK: I want to be someone who has their own pilot. My dad says if you're really important, people fly you. I guess you're not that important. Chuck!

CHASE: Aah! Damn it.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley talks with her sister.

HALEY: You can't be serious.

QUINN: Me? You're the one that keeps checking yourself out in the mirror. You do look hot in that outfit, by the way.

HALEY: Well, duh. Doesn't mean I'm gonna run around playing make-believe.

QUINN: Come on. It could be so much fun. Besides, ever since my run-in with Katie, I've been feeling restless, and I need excitement.

HALEY: Or some help.

QUINN: Yeah. Maybe I could be our first mission.

HALEY: No. There's not gonna be a first mission. Why are you here, anyway?

QUINN: Oh. Um, right. I need a favor. Alex wants to record at the studio. She can even pay you for it.

HALEY: Alex? I didn't... I didn't even know she sang. Yeah. W-why didn't she just ask me herself?

QUINN: She tried. Mia chased her away.

HALEY: Great. Yeah, please, tell her that's fine. I will talk to Mia. I'm having enough trouble keeping people in the studio without Mia sending them away.

QUINN: Perfect. See? Doesn't it feel good to help someone? Almost...Super-good. Kind of makes you... Super Haley.

HALEY: That's so dumb. Why would I include my real name in my superhero name?

QUINN: Okay, see? That's why we need you. Your power is your brain.

HALEY: Mm-hmm.

Nathan invites some classmate to study.

TOMMY: Okay, I'll start the discussion. Why is Kellerman such an asshat? Mr. Scott, as the newest member of the Kellerman sucks club, perhaps you'd like to field this one.

NATHAN: I'd love to.

CHUCK'S HOUSE

Chase brings back Chuck at his place.

CHASE: So, today was fun, yeah?

CHUCK: Stop asking me that. Want to come in for dinner? It's meat night.

CHASE: Uh, sorry. I have plans.

CHUCK: Like a date? Do you have a girlfriend?

CHASE: Mm...Things are kind of complicated right now.

CHUCK: My dad says that's just a fancy way of saying you're a loser. Anyway, I hope tomorrow isn't as boring as today.

CHASE: Okay. See you tomorrow.

CHUCK: Chuck!

CHASE: Hate that kid.

CRISIS INTERVENTION

Haley receives a call.

HALEY(at phone): Crisis center.

GIRL(at phone): I don't know why I'm calling, but I just needed to talk to someone. Three girls at my school won't stop bullying me, and I don't know how much more I can take.

HALEY(at phone): I'm sorry. Have you told anyone? Um, your parents or maybe a teacher?

GIRL(at phone): Doesn't do any good. They used to tease me for being a tomboy, which was bad enough. But then they found out that I was adopted, and now they call me little orphan tr*nny. It just they even made a Facebook page about me.

HALEY(at phone): I'm so sorry. Maybe I can help. I can call the school for you, or I can come down and talk to these girls.

GIRL(at phone): Don't. It'll just make things worse. I just needed to talk to someone. Thanks for listening.

HALEY(at phone): Well...

(The girl hangs up again)

HALEY(at phone): ''Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na Haley! Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na Haley!''

CHUCK'S HOUSE

Chase picks up Chuck again.

CHUCK: What are you doing out here? Were you trying to peek in my window?

CHASE: Um...No. We had plans today. Remember?

CHUCK: My dad says guys can always flake on each other.

CHASE: I wouldn't do something like that. Anyway, I should probably tell your mom where we're going.

CHUCK: No, that's fine. Let's go.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Brooke and Quinn play, Halley arrives.

BROOKE: Pow!

QUINN: Ooh! Whoa!

HALEY: So, a girl called the crisis center last night. I think we can help her.

BROOKE: Aah! Okay, we knew you'd come around eventually. From now on, call me "b. Dazzle."

HALEY: Or that could stand for "Brooke Davis."

BROOKE: Damn it.

QUINN: Ooh, ooh! And...and I'm "shutterbug." I blind people with my flash and then collect their photos as trophies.

BROOKE: And you are "baby mama."

HALEY: Never mind.

BROOKE: Oh, come on. We can help. Who's the girl?

HALEY: She is a high-school student that some bullies have been calling "little orphan tr*nny." They even put a website up about her.

BROOKE: To the research lab.

SET OF COMMERCIAL

Mouth arrives at his job.

MOUTH: Hey, I'm not late, am I?

JULIAN: No, our wonderful actor is.

MOUTH: It can't be easy going from directing real actors to directing someone's stoned nephew for a local commercial.

JULIAN: Yeah, but it's still directing, and I get to do what I love. And then I get to go home and do what...be with who I really love. Speaking of, how are things with Millie?

MOUTH: I guess the same. She didn't stay over last night, so...I don't know. Maybe it's better that we're taking things slow.

JULIAN: Have you seen our wedding photos yet? Does that look like a girl who wants to take things slow?

(Man comes in)

MAN: Michael quit.

JULIAN: What?

MAN: He said he was doing the job of a mannequin, and he didn't understand the scene, anyway.

MOUTH: What's not to get? It's all about taking the next big step in life. I remember before I got back together with Millie, my life felt meaningless. I was just doing the same thing day after day, and I wasn't happy.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Girls made research.

HALEY: This is awful!

QUINN: "I bet you her real parents wanted a boy. That's why she dresses like one."

HALEY: And look at this. "She should be an ad for birth control."

BROOKE: Wait a minute. They're making fun of her because she's adopted? Peyton was adopted. And what if I adopt? These b*tches would make fun of my kid.

QUINN: Looks like they're planning on ambushing her after school.

HALEY: Where? You sure?

QUINN: Pretty sure. It says right here, "ambushing tr*nny after school," and two girls click "like."

HALEY: Unreal. We should call the school, you guys.

QUINN: Or...We could show up and let those little evil villains know what mean really is.

BROOKE: Hmm.

HALEY: The last evil villain that you fought sh*t you and put you in a coma.

BROOKE: She's right. You survived a g*nsh*t and a coma. You're indestructible.

QUINN: Yes!

HALEY: That's not...guys, I think I made a mistake bringing this to you.

BROOKE: Oh, relax. They're not crips. They're kids. More specifically, they're stuck-up little b*tches who need to be dealt with.

QUINN: Hales, you used to be a teacher. Did you ever let bullies get away with this?

BROOKE: She's right. You used to be a teacher. I used to be a stuck-up girl. They are no match for us.

QUINN: I used to be stuck-up, too.

RED BEDROOM RECORDS

Alex comes to record.

ALEX: I know we've had our differences, but I was hoping we could start over on a professional level, musician to musician.

MIA: You're not a musician. You're an actress pretending to be one. My friend Peyton started this label for real artists, okay?

ALEX: You haven't even heard me sing.

MIA: No, but I've heard that whiny noise you call speaking, and that's enough for me.

ALEX: Well...I think you're an amazing musician.

MIA: Damn it. She knows how we love compliments.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley talks to Jamie.

HALEY: Do you get picked on at school?

JAMIE: Not really. Did someone say I did?

HALEY: No. I just was talking with a girl who gets picked on, and she seemed kind of sad, so I wanted to know if anyone bullied you.

JAMIE: Not anymore. Chuck used to, though.

HALEY: Yeah, that's right. I had words with his mother.

JAMIE: Oh, then dad showed up in a cape, remember?

HALEY: Yeah, then Aunt Brooke made capes for all the rest of the kids at school.

JAMIE: Dad was like a superhero that day. And me and Chuck have been friends ever since.

HALEY: Hmm.

Nathan discusses with Clay.

NATHAN: What's wrong with being a hero? Bullies don't stop unless somebody stands up to them. I know. I used to be one.

CLAY: No, I get it, but sometimes being a hero means sacrificing one cause for the good of another.

NATHAN: I know. I just wish I could put him in his place for once.

KELLERMAN'S CLASS

Nathan is in class.

KELLERMAN: In business, people make deals, but people cannot be trusted. Contracts, on the other hand, can be trusted. It's as simple as that. Put it on paper, and, in a sense, it is carved in stone. The written word is made truth. Seems Mr. Scott disagrees with me. Please tell us all what you were thinking so we may bask in the glorious light of your knowledge.

NATHAN: I just know an agency that doesn't work like that.

KELLERMAN: Oh, really? And what's the name of this magical agency that signs clients with hugs?

(Clay, at the bottom of the class, intervenes)

CLAY: The agency's name is Fortitude. Integrity. Now, that's the most important part of any business working with those who have it and keeping your own. Look, without it, contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.

KELLERMAN: And who are you, besides an uninvited nuisance?

CLAY: My name's not important, but the name Troy Jameson is. You know, as a top-10 NFL pick, he signed with fortitude, a smaller agency, because he thought that the agents had his back. It was a personal relationship that sealed that deal.

KELLERMAN: And I'm sure money had nothing to do with it. You must have won him over with your smile.

CLAY: A-and a hug.

KELLERMAN: You've all heard the phrase "it's just business." That's because business and personal relationships don't mix. They don't mix because people change. Viewpoints shift. Fortunes ebb and flow. Relationships and loyalties end. New ones begin. I can assure you, young man and by "young," I mean "inexperienced" that the only way to survive in business is to keep it as such -- just business. And, again, I've only taught this class for 20 years and written a book about it!

CLAY: I-I'm sorry. I, uh, I haven't read your book. I've just been a little bit too busy actually working in the business world. You know, but I do know the difference between book theory and real-world practice. You see, Professor, you're teaching theory. I'm living practice. You know, I think the bottom line here is that within the walls of this class, your book might work, but as soon as you walk outside into the world, you know, what really works are honest relationships...That include hugs.

BROOKE'S CAR

Quinn takes in Brooke photograph which goes to the car.

BROOKE: Okay. Okay. Cool it, shutterbug. Where's baby mama?

QUINN: I don't think that she's coming. And, you know, to be honest, I'm kind of having second thoughts myself. I mean, Brooke, we're in Halloween costumes.

BROOKE: First of all, Brooke Davis makes top-of-the-line superhero apparel. And secondly, I'm b. Dazzle. Isn't that right, French-speaking crime-fighting car?

CD ON CAR: Oui, madame.

QUINN: Okay, we're really gonna do this.

BROOKE: Yes. If we don't, that poor girl will suffer and we'll have done nothing. We need to be brave for her.

(Haley appears)

HALEY: They used to call me "Whaley." "Whaley Haley."

BROOKE: Not anymore, baby mama. Not anymore.

HALEY: That is not my name!

RED BEDROOM RECORDS

Alex records her song.

MAN(at Mia): You should listen to this.

SET OF COMMERCIAL

Mouth sh**t the local commercial.

MOUTH: ''I was tired of spending my days lying on the couch and unhappy with who I was and what I was doing. That's why I decided to stop making excuses and start moving forward with my life. So, no, I don't want to get high off of that THC. I want to get high off of this THC, Tree Hill College. Enroll now.''

JULIAN: Perfect! That's a wrap! Great job.

AIRPORT

Chase talks with Chuck a little.

CHASE: Don't the buildings look cool from up there?

CHUCK: Don't know. I could only see the tops.

CHASE: One of the, uh, first memories I have of my dad is when he took me up on a plane. You gonna tell your dad about this?

CHUCK: Nah. He lives out of town, so we don't talk much. And when we do, he only likes to hear about the cool stuff.

CHASE: How often do you see him?

CHUCK: I was supposed to see him for a weekend last summer, but then his favorite kid rock cover band was playing that week. Can't pass stuff like that up.

CHASE: What about your mom? You do anything fun with her?

CHUCK: I guess. She works a lot, so I only see her at dinner. You should come over.

CHASE: Can't. Besides, you should spend the time with your mom. I know I wish I could...

CHUCK: Chuck!

SCENE PARK

The three girls bully the young girl.

NIKKI: Little orphan tr*nny. Aren't you supposed to have a dog?

RACHEL: No, she just has the face of one.

BULLY GIRL: Why don't you just leave me alone?

AUDREY: 'Cause you're so fun to mess with. Bet your bottom dollar, you're about to get your ass kicked.

BROOKE: I wouldn't take that bet.

(Brooke dreams)

BROOKE: I wouldn't take that bet.

QUINN: We're shutterbug, b. Dazzle, and baby mama, and we're here to make sure you leave this girl alone.

HALEY: That's not my name.

BROOKE: Enough talk. It's time for action. Prepare to be dazzled. Oh. Homemade liquid smoke. That was supposed to... Spread further.

NIKKI: Wow, tr*nny. You found three bigger losers than you.

BROOKE: Excuse me? What is it about you that you think makes you so cool, you can tease other people? Is it your man face? Or your chicken legs? Or maybe your enormous feet?

QUINN: Hey!

BROOKE: Sorry. Don't even get me started on your ratty hair, your bad lip gloss, and your fake Louis Vuitton.

NIKKI: Wait till tomorrow, when these old crazy ladies aren't here. We're gonna...

HALEY: What are you gonna do... Nikki?

NIKKI: How do you know my name?

BROOKE: It's one of her superpowers. It all started when a giant asteroid hit...

HALEY: Nikki, you...you were picked on all freshman year of High School for being the new girl. Guess you found somebody else to tease so they'd leave you alone. Smart girl like you, applying to Princeton...tsk-tsk...really should know better. Maybe I'll call the Dean.

NIKKI: Like the Dean of Princeton would listen to some wack job in a cape.

HALEY: Well, since you, Rachel, and Audrey all need clean records to get those scholarships, I wouldn't want some crazy wack job saying anything if I were... You.

QUINN: Besides, we're all a little crazy.

BROOKE: Mm-hmm.

QUINN: And you never know when we're just gonna pop up. You open up that locker crazy girl inside. You go to sleep at night, guess who's underneath that bed.Crazy girl! You get in the back seat of that car, guess who's there! Crazy girl!

BROOKE: They got it.

QUINN: I'm shutterbug.

BROOKE: Yes, you are.

NIKKI: Fine. We're leaving.

BROOKE: Good. But in case you want to fight again, we'll be ready for you!

QUINN: And you all take down that website, or I'll post your photos, and they're all from bad angles.

BROOKE: Bad.

RACHEL: It's not like we can b*at them up. I think one of them is pregnant.

BROOKE: Shield.

QUINN: How did you know their names?

HALEY: Well... I was a teacher, and I still have some friends at the school.

BROKOE: You're like a mastermind.

HALEY: I am a mastermind. That's more like it.

(Girls returns to the bully girl)

HALEY: Hey.

BULLY GIRL: Mrs. Scott? What are you doing here?

HALEY: I am here to tell you that things will get better and that High School is full of insecure kids who are just gonna make fun of you for no reason. They used to make fun of me for being smart and dressing weird. This, I get it. Listen, the thing is, no matter how different you are, you'll always find someone who accepts you.

BROOKE: It's true.

HALEY: Are you gonna be okay?

BULLY GIRL: I think so. Can I ask you guys for a favor?

QUINN: Sure.

CLAY'S CAR

Nathan and Clay speak together.

NATHAN: So, i can't be the hero, but you can, huh?

CLAY: Wow. You are learning. You know, you're not nearly as dumb as Kellerman thinks you are. And besides, he can make fun of you all he wants, but leave Fortitude alone.

NATHAN: Well, I have a feeling there's gonna be some backlash, but it was worth it. Thanks.

CLAY: No problem. You know, the world needs all the heroes it can get.

(The girls pass in front of the car)

NATHAN: You got to be kidding me.

CLAY: Is that liquid smoke?

CHUCK'S HOUSE

Chase brings Chuck at home.

CHUCK: Thanks for hanging out with me.

CHASE: Yeah. Oh! Oh. Uh...Yeah. I had fun.

CHUCK'S MOM: Hey, I know you. You're my bartender.

CHUCK: Bar manager. And he's also a pilot.

CHASE: Yeah. I'm your pilot. Guess that makes you pretty important, doesn't it? Hey, uh, can I still join you for dinner?

CHUCK: Definitely.

CHASE: Chase! Yeah. You just got big-brothered.

RED BEDROOM RECORDS

Mia talks to Alex.

MIA: So, you still want to hear what I think?

ALEX: I don't know. Is it still "you suck"?

MIA: As a person, yes. But... As a musician, you are surprisingly good.

ALEX: That really means a lot coming from you.

MIA: You know, Peyton and Haley gave me the chance to sing. But lately, I haven't been singing. I've been... Fighting with you and trying to get Chase to like me.

ALEX: I'm sorry.

MIA: It's not your fault. I've let myself become the unhappy girl that I used to be. But watching you in here... Reminded me of how I feel every time I sing. And I love it, and I need to get back to it.

ALEX: So, does that mean you're taking my studio time?

MIA: No. I think I'm gonna tour for a little while. But keep singing, Alex.

ALEX: You think I'm great.

MOUTH'S APARTMENT

Millicent and Mouth diner.

MILLICENT: To you being back on the air.

MOUTH: I have to admit, it felt really good. Not for the reason I thought it would. The whole time I was doing it, I wasn't thinking, "I'm back in front of the camera." I was thinking, "I can't wait to tell Millie." I was scared of messing things up if we lived together again. But I got even more scared when you didn't stay over last night.

MILLICENT: What happened to your night light?

MOUTH: Look, you've been over every night. We already live together. Living without you is what made me scared. So I'm done taking things slow. I want you to move in tomorrow or even tonight, if you can. Or is that too fast?

(Skills laid down on the catch very heard)

SKILLS: Whew.

MILLICENT: Mmm-mmm.

GIRL'S HOUSE

The girl looks at the picture where she is with Brooke, Haley and Quinn.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Nathan reads a book in bed, Haley comes in.

HALEY: So, did you tell Jamie?

NATHAN: Did I tell our son his mom and her friends were running around town pretending to be superheroes? Of course I did.

HALEY: Oh. I've been feeling so helpless lately at the crisis center. I wanted to stop some bullies. And this whole superhero thing was Brooke's idea.

NATHAN: Well, while you were out fighting crime, Erin called. She's visiting her family in Ireland. She wanted to thank you for everything.

HALEY: She's talking to her family again. That's so great.

NATHAN: See? You were already a hero. You didn't even need the costume.

HALEY: I'm thinking about keeping it anyway, though. You know, it's kind of sexy.

NATHAN: Oh, geez! Super Haley...You got to be careful in your condition.

HALEY: Shh! You must never use my real name. I'm mastermind.

CLINN'S HOUSE

Clay makes puzzle and he wants to help to Quinn.

CLAY: Hey, babe! I'm having trouble with this puzzle. Could you be my hero and help me? It's super Quinn.

QUINN: It's "shutterbug" now.

CLAY: You ladies have fun?

QUINN: Yeah. But it wasn't about that. It was about righting wrongs, correcting injustices, and being total badasses.

CLAY: Hmm. And here I thought that super Quinn or shutterbug only came out on Halloween and when you're feeling frisky.

QUINN: Or when I'm bored. And since a certain someone wouldn't go bungee jumping with me, I had to find something to entertain myself with.

CLAY: I-I get it. It's nice to feel like a hero every now and again. You know, I actually, um did something pretty heroic myself today, although I didn't look anywhere near as sexy as you.

QUINN: I beg to differ.

CLAY: Are you looking for a little shutterbug/super Clay action?

QUINN: I was thinking more along the lines of shutterbug vs. The burglar.

CLAY: Oh. Yeah, I'm not so su...

QUINN: You've messed with the wrong girl, burglar. Say "cheese."

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Julian returns to the house, Brooke is already out of dressing gown.

BROOKE: Hey, hubby Baker. How was your day?

JULIAN: Great. The college is happy, mouth is happy, and I'm happy.

BROOKE: Good. Then I'm happy.

JULIAN: How about you? Did you do anything fun today?

BROOKE: No. You know me. Just your average, ordinary, mild-mannered citizen. Hmm.

BROOKE(Voice-over): Tune in next week, loyal viewers same "O.T.H." Time, same "O.T.H." Channel.

End of the episode.