08x22 - This is My House, This is My Home

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

08x22 - This is My House, This is My Home

Post by bunniefuu »

KAREN’S CAFE

Haley is ready to open again the cafe.

JAMIE (Voiceover): I was born and raised in a magic time, in a magic town among magicians. Most everybody else didn't realize we lived in a web of magic. But I knew it all along.

NALEY’S HOUSE

Nathan is in the swimming with Lydia. Jamie comes to asks something.

JAMIE: Hey, dad, is it safe to have the baby in the water like that?

NATHAN: Are you kidding me? She's practically a fish. Why don't you join us?

JAMIE: I was thinking I would go to the Rivercourt.

NATHAN: Yeah, buddy, we can do that.

JAMIE: Well, I was thinking...I could go by myself.

NATHAN: Hmm.

JAMIE: Chuck and some of the guys are there. And I'd go straight there and straight home. I promise.

NATHAN: Straight there then straight home, huh?

JAMIE: NUh-hu. For sure.

NATHAN: Hmm. All right. Take your cellphone, stay on the sidewalks, and do not talk to strangers.

JAMIE: Cool. Thanks, dad. Promise.

NATHAN: Jamie. You're my son. I love you. I need you to be safe.

JAMIE: I understand. Love you. Love you, too, Lydia.

NATHAN: See ya!

JAMIE: Bye!

(Jamie leaves)

NATHAN: You don't get to leave the house alone until you're at least 30, okay? Maybe even 40. Discuss it with your mom.

BRULIAN’S HOUSE

Julian is sleeping. Brooke wakes him up.

BROOKE: I think I'm showing.

JULIAN: That's awesome, baby.

BROOKE: Do you want to see?

JULIAN: Is there a chance I can see after 9:00 a.m.?

BROOKE: Julian.

JULIAN: Okay, baby, let me see.

(She shows him)

JULIAN: Okay. You look skinny as ever.

BROOKE: You don't see it?

JULIAN: Maybe, but I've been conditioned over time to say "you look skinny as ever," and that's what I'm going with.

BROOKE: Damn it, Julian! Tell me I'm fat!

CLINN’S HOUSE

Clay is sad without his “Chairy”.

QUINN: Hey. What's wrong?

CLAY: I miss Chairy. One minute he was there, just minding his own business, hanging out with Coleman, the half-ice/half-water cooler. And then a bulldozer came along and...

QUINN: I'm sorry, honey.

CLAY: You hated Chairy.

QUINN: Hey! "Hate" is a strong word. I just thought Chairy's best days were behind him.

CLAY: Goodbye Chairy. I'm gonna miss you.

AIRPORT

Chase and Alex say goodbye before his start.

ALEX (Voice-over): I'm gonna miss you. I know I told you that I was happy you joined the Air Force, but the truth is, I'm not happy at all. I'm gonna miss you and worry about you. I already do.

CHASE (Voice-over): Meet me right here…A year from today. And if you do... I promise you I'll still feel the same way about you that I do right now.

ALEX (Voice-over): 52 weeks. I'll be right here.

RIVERCOURT

Jamie joins his friends.

CHUCK: Hey, dude.

JAMIE: Hey.

CHUCK: Where you been? We've been waiting for, like, a year now.

JAMIE: Sorry. I've just been hanging out by myself.

CHUCK: Hold up. What's that?

JAMIE: What?

CHUCK: That girly shoelace!

JAMIE: It's nothing.

CHUCK: Geez, who has the other one, your mom?

JAMIE: No. Madison.

CHUCK: Ugh. Even worse. You guys can have girly foot. I'll take Kowalski instead.

SCHOOL

Jamie goes to school. He has a black shoelace.

MADISON: Hi, Jamie.

JAMIE: Hey. Hey, guys, wait up.

CHUCK’S HOUSE

Chase comes to say goodbye at Chuck.

CHASE: Hey, Mrs. Skolnick, is Chuck home? I called him earlier, but I didn't hear back, and I got to take off today.

CHUCK’S MOM: I'm sorry, he's not here.

CHASE: Oh. Okay. Well, uh, can you tell him I stopped by? And that I'll write him as soon as I can. I'll tell him.

CHUCK’S MOM: Good luck.

(In fact, Chuck is home)

ONE TREE HILL – OPEN CREDITS

BRULIAN’S HOUSE

Brooke is 4 mouth of pregnancy. She writes in the wall of the baby’s room.

JULIAN: Hey, look. Nice. Look how fat you are.

BROOKE: Shut up, Julian!

JULIAN: I got the reviews.

BROOKE: Well, in that case, we'll read one to you. And no matter what they say, I say the movie is wonderful, and everyone who's going to see it.

(She reads the newspaper)

BROOKE: "Let's all agree right now that they've ruined movies."

JULIAN: Oh, boy.

BROOKE: "Today's films have become loud, crass, and predictable. Rare is the film that whispers. And yet, into this arena comes Julian Baker's 'Seven Dreams 'til Tuesday. A gentle voice that cuts through the white noise of modern film making. With a wonderful script and lead performance by..."

MORNING SHOW

Millie and Mouth start her TV show together.

MILLICENT: Alex Dup… Alex Dup… I suddenly can't say "Alex Dupré."

MOUTH: You just did.

MILLICENT: How can you be so calm? Our first show is in …

JERRY: 15 seconds.

MILLICENT: In 15 seconds.

MOUTH: 'Cause this is our time, Millie. We've been working. We’re ready. And my co-host looks very beautiful.

JERRY: 10 seconds.

MILLICENT: Oh, my God. What's my name?

MOUTH: I got that, too. Good morning, Tree Hill. I'm Mouth McFadden, and alongside me is the more attractive and much smarter part of the program, Millicent Huxtable. And today, we begin a new chapter with "Mouth and Millie in the morning."

MILLICENT: I prefer "Millie and Mouth in the morning."

MOUTH: Here we go.

MILLICENT: Seriously, I think whoever agrees with me should send us an e-mail or something.

MOUTH: All right. You see, we are 10 seconds into this thing, and you're already causing trouble.

MILLICENT: Sorry. I meant "Millie and Mouth."

MOUTH: Yeah, nice try. Why don't you just introduce our first-ever guest on "Mouth and Millie in the morning"?

MILLICENT: Ugh. It sounds so much better the other way. But whatever. Our first guest has two movies opening this weekend, and she leaves this week to begin a third, so we are very lucky to have her. Please welcome, a close friend of mine, Alex Dup…

MOUTH: Alex Dupré.

(Alex goes to the set)

MILLICENT: Hey! Thanks for being here.

m*llitary BASE

Chase receives a letter.

SOLDIER: Mail call. Hey, Adams. You got another letter.

SCHOOL

Jamie sees Madison wear a black shoelace.

JAMIE: Hey, Madison.

MADISON: Hey.

JAMIE: What's with the black shoelace?

MADISON: Nothing.

CLINN’S HOUSE

Clay presents cases of potential clients.

CLAY: Those are the 75 guys that have a legitimate sh*t at the NBA draft. Those are the guys that don't. But, somehow, every year, there's always one guy that beats the odds. Someone who works harder and ends up making it.

NATHAN: You don't think we have a sh*t at representing one of the 75 best prospects?

CLAY: Nate, we don't even have an office. Somewhere in there is the next Nathan Scott. We just need to find him.

NATHAN: And how do we do that?

CLAY: We go on the road.

KAREN’S CAFE

Nathan and Lydia test the new stage.

HALEY: Hey, Nathan, how long will you be gone? Nathan? Hey. What are you up to?

NATHAN: Lydia just wanted to test out the new stage.

HALEY: Oh, she did, did she?

NATHAN: Yep. Check it out.

(They start to sing)

NATHAN: Mahna mahna.

LYDIA: Do doo do-do-do.

LYDIA: Do do-do-do.

LYDIA: Do doo do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do, do-do, doo do.

HALEY: I don't know! What's daddy doing?

NATHAN: Huh? Mahna mahna.

LYDIA: Do doo do-do-do.

LYDIA: Do do-do-do.

LYDIA: Do doo do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do, do-do, doo do.

HALEY: Bravo!

CINEMA

Quinn and Jamie looked at a movie.

QUINN: So, did you like the movie, Jamie?

JAMIE: It was okay. It wasn't very believable, though.

QUINN/ Why do you say that?

JAMIE: Well, you know the part where the girl forgives the guy? It doesn't really work like that in real life.

QUINN: Something happen with you and Madison?

JAMIE: Yeah. That.

(Madison goes to a movie with another guy)

KAREN’S CAFE

Everybody is here for the re-opening to Karen’s cafe.

BROOKE: Are you my baby? Are you my baby? Yes, you are. My sweet baby girl. You're all mine.

HALEY: Brooke?

BROOKE: You're not my baby, are you? No, you're not mine at all.

HALEY: What is auntie Brooke saying to you, Lydia Scott? Is she trying to snatch you up?

BROOKE: Yes.

NATHAN: Are you two ready to open up the new café?

HALEY: Yes, we are! Oh.

BROOKE: Yeah.

HALEY: Hey. Thank you for everything. I know that you've been working so much and travelling, and it means a lot to me that you're here.

NATHAN: I wouldn't have missed it.

JULIAN: Okay, guys, Mouth says they're ready.

BROOKE: Okay.

HALEY: Okay. Go see daddy! Bye-bye!

NATHAN: All right, I'll take her.

BROOKE: All right. Here?

MAN: We're live in 5, 4, 3...

MOUTH: Today we're live from the corner of Front and Grace where, once upon a time, there sat a little diner called Karen's Café, where Haley James Scott performed and waited tables.

MILLICENT: The diner then became the former home of Clothes Over Bros, where I worked for and with my good friend Brooke Davis. Brooke, what brings us here today?

BROOKE: Well, today is the grand re-opening of Karen's Café, where Haley James Scott will again work and perform. But let's get started with the performance part. Ladies and gentlemen, Karen's Café is once again open for business!

Haley stars to sing. Clay joins Quinn.

CLAY: Your work looks amazing in here.

QUINN: Thank you, baby.

CLAY: Little bit selfish, though, isn't it? You know, being sexy and talented?

QUINN: Stop.

BASE m*llitary

Chase receives no letter and he sees a tabloid that Alex is with another guy.

CINEMA

Quinn and Jamie saw Harry Potter the movie.

JAMIE: Hermione ends up with Ron.

QUINN: For now.

JAMIE: For always. I think Harry took her for granted. You can't do that with girls.

QUINN: So, how are things with Madison?

JAMIE: Well, she gave me my shoelace back. I got her a new one and put it on her locker, but she gave that back, too.

QUINN: I'm sorry, buddy. Look, all you can do is tell a girl how you feel, and the rest is up to her. And just so you know, Madison would be crazy to not see how wonderful you are.

JAMIE: I just want her to like me again.

NALEY’S HOUSE

Nathan and Haley are in the bed.

NATHAN: Do you know why Clay named his agency "Fortitude"? Because of a conversation he had with Dan. He told Dan that he had the fortitude to face any adversity. Sometimes at night, I just try to understand how we got here. How my father became the man that he is, how I became whoever it is that I am. I just wish that he could know our children.

HALEY: Mm.

NATHAN: I know he can't, but...I wish that he could.

HALEY: Mm.

HOSPITAL

Brooke passes an echography.

DOCTOR: I seem to be getting two heartbeats.

BROOKE: That's normal, right? I mean -- I mean, mine and the baby's?

DOCTOR: Well, let me rephrase it. If we're counting yours, I seem to be getting three heartbeats.

JULIAN: Are you sure, doc? I mean, does that mean...

DOCTOR: Well, I've only been doing this for 30 years, but, yes. Congratulations. You're carrying twins.

BROOKE: Wha...

BRULIAN’S HOUSE

Julian makes crib of the babies.

BROOKE: A little early, don't you think?

JULIAN: No. The next three months will fly by, I'm sure. Come here.

(Brooke is 6 mouth of her pregnancy)

JULIAN: You know how I told you not to worry? Well, I guess what I should have said is, I know you're gonna worry, but when you do, I'm here.

BROOKE: Okay.

JULIAN: Oh-ho, God, 38.

BROOKE: Wow. Ohh.

JULIAN: This is our miracle, Brooke Davis. And now it's two miracles. And no girl deserves it more.

SET OF SHOW

Jerry announces a news to Mouth and Millie.

MOUTH: Is this an orange or a grapefruit?

MILLICENT: This is a grapefruit. This is an orange.

MOUTH: Hmm. Maybe you should do the cooking segment.

MILLICENT: Oh.

MOUTH: Hey, Jerry, what's up?

JERRY: I got a call from our parent station in Charlotte today. They're looking to shake up their morning show. But...there's a catch.

MILLICENT: What kind of catch?

MOUTH: Billy Parker.

MILLICENT: Who's Billy Parker?

MOUTH: Billy Parker is the host of their morning show. He's been there forever.

MILLICENT: So they're looking to replace him?

MOUTH: No. They're looking to help him. Right, Jerry?

JERRY: Yeah. How «Billy and Millie in the morning» is sound?

BASE m*llitary

Chase sees Mia singing in the base in the week.

CONCERT

Mia sings. After, Chase comes to meet her.

CHASE: Can you write "thanks for the 45 seconds of heaven"?

MIA: 30. Come here! Hi!

CLAY’S CAR

Clay and Nathan are on the road.

CLAY: You ready to get home tomorrow?

NATHAN: Yes. I'm tired of hotel rooms.

CLAY: One more night. We'll go see Danny Howard, then we're done. I thought that kid from Texas was good.

NATHAN: Yeah. They're all good. We just to find the one that's gonna be great. When I was rehabbing my back, I used to work out at night. And there was this late-night janitor who would come in to clean up. And for weeks, we never spoke to each other. He would do his thing, I would do mine, and that was that. But then one night, he asked me why I was always there so late. And I told him that I felt like this was my last chance... And that if I didn't make it but I worked as hard as I could, that would be okay. But if I woke up some night and I realized that I could have worked harder, that would haunt me for the rest of my life. We need to find the kid who feels like that.

MOUTH’S APARTMENT

Mouth and Millie talks about the job.

MOUTH: You should take that job.

MILLICENT: Not without you.

MOUTH: Like Jerry said, it's a good market. It's a network job.

MILLICENT: There will be other jobs.

MOUTH: That's what I thought. I took what I had for granted, Millie, and I spent a long time trying to get it back. Charlotte isn't that far away. We can make it work.

CONCERT

Chase talks with Mia.

MIA: Are you happy, chase?

CHASE: Most days. We all have our moments, right?

MIA: Mm. How's Alex?

CHASE: She stopped writing. She's seeing some guy.

MIA: Chase, she's a famous actress.

CHASE: Yeah. I thought she'd wait for me.

MIA: Did I mention she's a famous actress?

CHASE: It still kind of sucks.

MIA: Every night, I sing songs about love. And then I sit on my bus, and I write songs about love. And the only thing I really know about love is that it's unknowable. And now I should go before my heart gets crushed by that "so in love with her" look on your face. Come here. I'm proud of you. And I miss you. And you... Look as beautiful as ever.

CHASE: Funny, I was just about to say that. You inspire me. Your goodness inspires me. Don't let the world take that.

HOTEL ROOM

Clay picks up Nathan.

CLAY: Get dressed.

NATHAN: Do you have any idea what time it is?

CLAY: Yep.

GYMNASIUM

Clay and Nathan are going to a basketball player.

CLAY: Okay, so, what did the janitor say to you?

NATHAN: Dude, I was asleep like seven minutes ago.

CLAY: In the gym, when you were explaining to him why you were there so late, what did he say?

NATHAN: He said that if hard work matters, I'm gonna make it. Why?

(A guy plays basketball)

CLAY: That's why.

NATHAN: Let me guess…Danny Howard.

CLAY: How late were you in the gym most nights?

NATHAN: 1:00 a.m., sometimes 2:00. What time is it now?

CLAY: Almost 3:00.

CLINN’S HOUSE

Clay comes back home. He finds a new Chairy.

QUINN: Hey, you.

CLAY: What is this?

QUINN: You seemed lonely without your chair.

CLAY: I was lonely without my girl. Get over here.

QUINN: Mm. This one seems comfier than the old one.

BRULIAN’S HOUSE

Brooke is in the babies’ room. Julian joins her.

JULIAN: Hi, gorgeous.

BROOKE: Sometimes I sit in here, and it feels like Christmas Eve. And I remember the…the joy and the anticipation and the excitement I felt knowing Christmas was almost here. I feel that way now.

JULIAN: I know that feeling. It's how I felt when I first met you. It's how I still feel when I see you. I find myself wondering who I was before us. And I'm sure in three months, I'll be wondering who I was before we had a family.

NALEY’S HOUSE

Nathan comes back home. He takes Lydia in his hand. Haley wakes up.

NATHAN: Hey, beautiful.

HALEY: Hi. I missed you. You okay?

NATHAN: Yeah. I'm perfect.

BRULIAN’S HOUSE

Brooke is 7 mouth of pregnancy.

SCHOOL

Jamie gives his pink shoelace to Madison.

JAMIE: I'm sorry for taking off my shoelace. I like you. I never stopped liking you. And I'm sorry. That's all.

SET OF SHOW

Mouth talks with Jerry about audition.

MOUTH: Thanks for checking out my roommate as a possible co-host. I think he might be pretty good.

SKILLS: Oh, hell, no.

MILLICENT: I'd like to audition.

MOUTH: Hey. What are you doing here?

MILLICENT: I won't regret it. The best part about doing this was doing it with you. I don't want Charlotte. I want "Millie and Mouth in the morning" and evening and all the time.

MOUTH: "Mouth and Millie."

MILLICENT: Really?

SKILLS: That's just great. I'm sitting up here looking like a damn fool, my bird feet are sweating, and I don't even got the job! You know what? I'm flipping both of you the me.

SCHOOL

Madison gives back Jamie’s pink shoelace.

CLINN’S HOUSE

Clay and Quinn intertwine in front of the swimming pool.

CLAY: You know, after Sara d*ed, I-I was always looking back... At what I had lost, at how my life was supposed to be. But somewhere along the way, you changed all that. And when I walk in the door and I see you, it's like the weight of my day just falls away. I miss you in forever ways. You taught me to look forward again...To days and nights with you. And I love you so much for that.

QUINN: When I was a little girl, my dad used to read the paper every Sunday, and my mom would read a book nearby. And I would sit at the top of our stairs and just watch them just watch them be still together. And when I think of being in love, that's what I picture days like that...And nights like this.

KAREN’S CAFE

Brooke falls from a stool.

BRULIAN’S HOUSE

Julian receives a call.

JULIAN: This is Julian.

HOSPITAL

Julian joins Brooke at her room. She gives birth to two boys.

JULIAN: Brooke. Baby, I'm right here.

BROOKE: I'm sorry.

JULIAN: Shh. Shh. No, it's okay. You did great.

BROOKE: Are they okay?

JULIAN: Our sons are here. And you're here. Our family's gonna be just fine. I promise.

Julian comes to see his babies.

JULIAN: Hi, guys. It's daddy. I like the sound of that. I just want you to understand that you're gonna be okay. Okay? So don't be afraid or intimidated by all this stuff, you know? Because the thing is... Your mom is Brooke Davis. And her strength is enough for all of us. I promise. Hey.

AIRPORT

Chase waits Alex coming in.

ALEX: I do love a man in uniform.

CHASE: You stopped writing.

ALEX: I'm sorry.

CHASE: Well, I came here to tell you something, and this is it…it doesn't matter. Who we are from this moment on is all I care about.

ALEX: "We"?

CHASE: Yeah. We. You and me.

(They kiss)

CAFETARIA

Nathan comes to talk with her father.

NATHAN: This is my daughter, Lydia. This is Jamie's first hit. Game-winning double.

DAN: Baseball.

NATHAN: He loves it.

DAN: Son. Thank you.

RIVERCOURT

Jamie and his friends play basketball.

JAMIE (Voice-over): You know, I do believe in magic. I was born and raised in a magic time in a magic town. Among magicians.

CHASE: There he is. Chuck Skolnick!

CHUCK: Ahh!

JAMIE (Voice-over): Most everybody else didn't realize we lived in that web of magic. Connected by the silver filaments of chance and circumstance.

BRULIAN’S HOUSE

Brooke is with her family.

JULIAN: What are you doing, Brooke Davis, starting your next Clothes Over Bros?

BROOKE: Hmm. Maybe. But these days, my life is definitely more Bros Over Clothes.

JAMIE (Voice-over): But I knew it all along.

JULIAN: Whoa, whose baby is that?

BROOKE: This is our baby. This is Davis. Davis, can you wake up? Hmm? Whose daddy got? Is that jude?

JAMIE (Voice-over): See, this is my opinion we all start out knowing magic. We are born with whirlwinds, forest fires, and comets inside us. We are born able to sing to birds and read clouds and see our destiny in grains of sand."

LYDIA’S BEDROOM

Jamie reads a book to Lydia.

JAMIE: "But then we get the magic educated right out of our souls. We get it churched out, spanked out, washed out, and combed out. We get put on the straight and narrow and told to be responsible."

KAREN’S CAFE

Jamie joins at the café to eat with her.

HALEY: Hey! Oh! Go wash up for dinner.

JAMIE: Okay.

HALEY: Okay.

JAMIE (Voice-over): Told to act our age. And you know why we were told that?

CAFETARIA

Dan eats and looks at picture of Lydia.

JAMIE (Voice-over): Because the people doing the telling were afraid of our wildness and youth. And because the magic we knew made them ashamed and sad of what they'd allowed to wither in themselves.

LYDIA’S BEDROOM

Jamie continues to read a book to Lydia.

JAMIE: "After you go so far away from it, you can't really get it back. You can have seconds of it. Just seconds of knowing and remembering."

CINEMA

Alex watches a movie with Chase.

ALEX (Voice-over): When people get weepy at movies, it's because in that dark theatre, the golden pool of magic is touched...Just briefly.

Mouth and Millie leave the cinema.

MOUTH (Voice-over): Then they come out into the hard sun of logic and reason again and it dries up, and they're left feeling a little heart-sad and not knowing why.

KAREN’S CAFE

Haley sings for Nathan.

HALEY (Voice-over): When a song stirs a memory...

CLINN’S HOUSE

Clay reads the paper and Quinn reads a book nearby.

QUINN (Voice-over): When motes of dust turning in a shaft of light takes your attention from the world...

CAFETARIA

Dan looks at a picture of Lydia.

DAN (Voice-over): When you listen to a train passing on a track at night in the distance and you wonder where it might be going...

BRULIAN’S HOUSE

Julian and Brooke are in their bed with their babies.

BROOKE (Voice-over): You step beyond who you are and where you are.

BRIDGE

Jamie dribbles on the bridge like Lucas in the first episode.

JAMIE (Voice-over): For the briefest of instants, you have stepped into the magic realm. That's what I believe.

End of the episode.