09x03 - Love the Way You Lie

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

09x03 - Love the Way You Lie

Post by bunniefuu »

CLINN’S HOUSE

Quinn: Clay?…Clay!

Clay: Hey you decided to join the land of the living.

Quinn: Yeah you just…you weren’t in bed and I got scared. I thought it happened again.

Clay: Oh…I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you it’s just been a rough couple of weeks so I thought I’d surprise you with my famous “Clay’s Deluxe Breakfast in Bed”

Quinn: I didn’t know you had a famous breakfast.

Clay: Yeah it’s not really famous yet…extensive bragging on your end was part of the plan…Hey I even left out the crossword puzzle for you and a chewed up kind of awesome kind of gross pen.

Quinn: You’re kind of awesome and kind of gross…way more awesome than gross.

Clay: Get back to bed

Quinn: I’d rather watch you in action.

KAREN’S CAFE

Jamie: Table one needs an iced mocha and a hot tea, table five toasted bagel and the ACLU wants to know why you’re violating child labor laws.

Haley: Yeah very funny…since when did we start numbering tables?

Jamie : Since an hour, this way too busy not too …

Haley (on the phone) : Hi it’s Halley I’m wondering where you are… You what ? No you can’t do that ! I need to… Well to hech with you too ! …

Jamie : (to customers) : She’s just kidding folks, coffe’s on the house this morning

Haley : Well our no –show chef just quit…

Jamie : Chef Jeff ? It’s too bad I’d like to say Chef Jeff, Chef Jeff, Chef Jeff…

Jamie : Oh maybe there is something to do with that (he gave to her an advertising) She goes looking at the window and see “Only gourmet cafe »

Haley: No!...First gour…our food is gourmet!…right?

Jamie: Ohh Yeah

BRULIAN’S HOUSE

Brooke: GOOOAL!

Victoria: Putt putt skills don’t translate out to a real golf course

Brooke: Ohh…whatever im totally bogeying down…Get it?

Victoria: Yeah I get it don’t expect your father to laugh though he takes golf very seriously and you want a birdie more then you want a bogey

Brooke: I know…I just remember when I was a kid daddy spent every weekend playing golf with all those important business people.

Victoria: Don’t remind me. I spent 20 mind numbing years as that mans golf widow

Brooke : Well now I’m get to hang out with him today, and play golf so what else do I need to know ?

Victoria : Is that what you are wearing ?

Brooke : What ?

Victoria : Mmh… It’s cute you’ll be fine

Brooke : What ?!

Victoria : Honey, look I know you’ve made up your mind about going into business with your father, All I asked is that you be careful okay ? I love you and I don’t want to see you get hurt, that’s all

Brooke : Really that’s all ?

Victoria : I’d prefer you ban him from picking up my grandsons but you can’t have it all

Brooke : Julian will be home after lunch to relieve you, he’s working and then giving Jamie’s class a tour of the sound stage.

Victoria : Did he finally figure out something to with that dreadful warehouse ? You know… people they’re talking.

Brooke : Bye Mother

AT THE SOUND STAGE.

Julian on the phone (for business) : We have state of the art facilities and a great area, Tree Hill has a historic downtown, the beach, great locations, you name it ! Did I mention the taxe incentive ?... Sure I understand, Okay well keep us in mind for future projects! Thanks again ! (He makes another phone calls)

KARENS CAFE

Haley: Chase!…sorry im having a really crappy morning…what can I get you?

Chase: I don’t know. I haven’t eaten in days. I haven’t really slept either.

Haley: Alex?

(Chase nods)

Haley: I’m really sorry I know you liked her a lot

Chase: Yeah well I’ll be sure to thank Chris Keller next time I see him

Haley: Trust me I know Chris Keller is not good for relationships…and chit chatting on the job is bad for business. You know um…You really should try and eat something. Try not to think about Alex and definitely put the thought of Chris Keller out of your mind.

Chuck: Chuck Scolnik is starving!

RED BEDROOMS RECCORD

A young lady come Chris is reading a magazine.

Young lady : Excuse me I’m here to interview for the internship

Chris : Wrong office(She’s leaving)

Chris (stop the reading of his magazine and stares at her) :Wait, how much is this internship paying ?

Young lady: Nothing it’s an internship so I work for free.

Chris : Wait you showed up like that which is very sexy by the way, and you work for free ?! And what exactly do you do ?

Young lady : Whatever they told me to do

Chris : Really? (Chris give a talk with some women to work in the studios if the women is attractive, he hires her if not he get rid of her)

CLINN’S HOUSE

Clay à Quinn : Hey can you get that ?

(She pick it up it’s a message from the pharmacy saying that he have two days for pick up the prescription)

Clay Who was it ?

Quinn : Wrong number, That reminds me did you pick up your prescription last week ?

Clay : Mmmh

Quinn : So you’ve been taking your pills every day, and they seems like they’re working ?

Clay : I’m still here right ?

KARENS CAFE

Quinn: Haley he basically lied to my face…he agreed the prescription was working but he never even picked it up!

Haley: That just sounds like a misunderstanding. There’s got to be a good explanation

Chris: Or maybe he’s cheating on you. What! Im just saying if I had a dime for every time I woke up on a mary-go-round or in a park I’d be rich. Do you know what I was doing every time right before I woke up in those places? Some random chick!

Chris (à Quinn): I don’t think we’ve met…Chris Keller

Quinn: Chris Keller…Quinn James

Chris: Well, well Haley’s sister well its always been a fantasy

Haley: Don’t shake his hand you don’t know where its been

Chris: Come on we know where this hand has been…but what we don’t know is what your boyfriends been up to

Haley: Quinn listen to me you know that Clay loves you

Chris : You should GPS his phone…find out exactly where he’s been sneaking off to…that’s what Chris Keller would do. If you need a shoulder to cry on or whatever just some revenge sex…I’m your guy

MOUTH & MILLIE’S HOUSE

Mouth :Hey just reminding you we have a that chef’s tasting today

Millie : Another tasting? That’s every night this week

Mouth: Well the audience love that segment. Ugh

Millie : What’s wrong?

Mouth :The stupid dry cleaner shrunk another shirt ! What is that three now ?We should do an expose on the dry cleaner, Someone need to put a stop to this !

KARENS CAFE

Haley: Oh thank god you’re here our chef just quit well he got poached actually and I really need you to grab an apron!

Brooke: I can’t I have a golf date with my dad I just came to get a muffin and a coffee…I’m carbo-loading

Haley: We are swamped

Brooke: Ok I can help

Haley: That means a lot thank you

Brooke: Sure…I can make my own coffee…who are we kidding? I still don’t know how to use that thing…would you mind…please!…you’re so good at it!

Chris: Well, well

Chase: I told you not to tell Alex her music was crap

Chris: Crappy

Chase: So you send her on tour instead? What’s your problem man? You know what it doesn’t even matter your just a…not very nice person!

Chuck: Contrary to popular opinion. He doesn’t speak for the both of us.

Chris: You got a good look kid. I bet the honeys love you

Chuck: Uhh…totally

AT THE SOUND STAGE.

Ms. Lauren: Hey Julian…The field trip was casual for today right?

Chuck: Hi Julia! Ha ha

KAREN’S CAFE

Chris: Who do I need to screw to get a burger around here?…Please let it be you.

Haley: You ordered a burger?

Chris: No originally I ordered a breakfast burrito

Haley: We don’t serve those after eleven

Chris: You did an hour ago when I ordered it but seeing as its lunch time you can get me a burger (touching Haley’s hand)

Haley: Come with me!

Chris: Lunchtime quickie nice!…Hey a few more minutes on your burgers folks….like seven minutes

Haley: Put this on…you can cook right?

Chris: Chris Keller can do it all baby

AT THE GOLF COURSE

Ted : We just finished come join us for lunch !

Brooke : « us » ?

Ted : Potential investors, they’re very excited to meet you !

Brooke : I don’t understand you’re already played golf ?

Ted : Yes but this clubs are a nice touch Brookie

Brooke : If you didn’t want to play golf with me why am I here ?

Ted : I warmed them up with a round of golf and you charm them with a fabulous lunch…

(Brooke say hello to the investors she pretend to be happy but she’s clearly disapointed )

AT THE TV SHOWS OF MOUTH & MILLIE

Mouth: You know is it just me or are shirts being cut smaller these days

Millie: It’s called slim fit. People like their shirts tailored

Mouth: Well slim fit or not my dry cleaner keeps shrinking my shirts. They have one job to do and that’s clean my shirts not clean them and then shrink them. If I wanted to shrink them I’d have Millie wash them

Millie: I don’t think you should go there

Mouth: Im just saying of your many talents laundry is definitely not one of them…You’ve been shrinking my shirts haven’t you? You know it’s ok; you’ll feel better when you admit it go ahead

Millie: No Marvin! Nobody been shrunk your shirts! Nobody added steps to the stairwell at home, and I AM CERTAIN that nobody made the buttons on your cell phone smaller!…Marvin your FAT!…FAT! FAT! FAT!

Mouth: That was totally uncalled for! Especially coming from the Zero is Not a Size model!

Millie: Well it’s not a shape either! Unless you’re a doughnut

Mouth: Where is this coming from?

Millie: From your waistline mostly! And a little from your ass! I’m sorry Marvin, but you’ve been criticizing the dry cleaner, and making crazy insinuations about all kind of things when the truth is you’ve gained weight. Marvin you need to acknowledge the fact that you have a weight problem.

Mouth : Oh don’t worry Millie you’ve made that quite clear to everyone

AT THE SOUND STAGE.

Julian :Ok so let’s use our imagination and invent a movie together !

Chuck : With a dragon

Madison : Or a princess

Chuck : Yeah to sacrifice to the dragon

Julian : Ok here we go now, I like it ! A dragon and a princess. Now we can’t have those without a castle so we could built a castle right here.

Chuck : It would be a pretty small castle

Julian : Well it wouldn’t look small on – screen thanks to Hollywood magic!

Madison : Well wouldn’t it just be cheaper if we fly to a real castle ?

Julian : No because then you had have to deal with permits, visas…

Chuck: My dad says they only make moves in Los Angeles and New York anyways

Julian: Well its guys like your dad who are k*lling my business

Julian: Ok…fine…fine truth is kids I spend most of my time calling people who hang up on me talking to assistants who won’t even put me through to their bosses, just trying to find someone anyone to fill up this stage so I don’t have to find a second job or sell one of my kids on the black market!

Ms. Lauren: Ok who wants to go see the box factory next door! They sell boxes!

Chuck: I wanted to see the dragon eat the princess

KAREN’S CAFE

Chris: Complements the chef!…seriously this is delicious!

Haley: Thank you…If you’re out here then who’s…Dan?

Dan: You look like you need a little help. Unless you’d rather I go

Haley: I need a tuna melt on rye

AT THE GOLF COURSE

Brooke talks about her project with the investors

AT THE SOUND STAGE.

Julian: Hey you didn’t want to go to the box factory?

Jamie: Nah we were there last week. You know dad and Clay had a hard time with their agency at first

Julian: Yeah I’m starting to think this is just one big bad idea

Jamie: Come on your like the farmer guy in the middle of nowhere who decided to build a baseball field in his back yard everyone told him he was crazy but you know what he built it anyway all because he heard a voice that said “If you build it he will come”…and you know what? He came! In fact lots of people came.

Julian: That’s a pretty good story Jamie. Guess I just need to have a little faith huh?

Jamie: Well the thing is that’s actually a movie…you should probably know that if you wanna make it in show business

AT THE GOLF COURSE

Ted : I have to say you certainly have a way with people

Brooke : Thanks dad

Ted : You were a huge hit ! Well I should probably go back there and close the deal

Brooke : Off course

Ted : This day was perfect !

Brooke : Yeah (Brooke is disappointed)

BRULIAN’S HOUSE

Victoria: Well that was quick

Brooke: Im seriously not in the mood Victoria

Victoria: Let me guess he got some bimbo to impress some horny investors

Brooke: Thanks mom. Where are the boys?

Victoria: They’re sleeping. I took Jude’s temperature twice and he doesn’t have a fever but he has a runny nose

Brooke: You know I just wanted to spend the day with him and somehow even that was too much to ask.

Victoria: Is this where I give you my sad face?

Brooke: Oh please we both know you botoxed away all remnants of human emotion

Victoria: Don’t you take this out on me. I tried to show you who your father really is and if he’d been around more this would not be a surprise.

Brooke: Point taken. I don’t know I guess I just hoped…

Victoria: What? That he could change?

Brooke: You did.

Victoria: Honey that is who the man is…ok…despite all of his promises he has never changed and he will never change. I guess we should give him credit for being consistent. I have to go.

Brooke: You’re leaving?

Victoria: Back to New York

Brooke: But…but why?

Victoria: Well I can only take this town in small doses and as much as I’m going to miss the twins you have your father and your new business venture…and there’s nothing left for me to do.

AT THE SOUND STAGE.

Julian: Don’t hang up! Don’t hang up! This is Julian Baker

David Taylor: Hi Julian David Taylor. Im calling because it’s my understanding that you may have some stage space available

Julian: Yes that’s true…I mean not might… I do its available

David Taylor: We just received a late pick up for our television series and are interested in sh**ting in Tree Hill

Julian: Well we can definitely accommodate a TV show here… I mean in fact it’s actually the perfect spot for a TV production

David Taylor: Well good I hope so…how soon can we see the space

Julian: Uh let me see if I can move some things around (looks at empty calendar) uh yeah I can try and clear my schedule for the end of the day if that works for you

David Taylor: Perfect…we’ll arrange for a stop over this afternoon

Julian: That sounds good…great…this afternoon…see you then YES! YES!

AT THE TRIC’S

Chase: Chris Keller you sing so bad its funny! Chris Keller you write jingles for money!

Chris: Hey like I told you girlfriend…oh sorry ex-girlfriend…that song pays my rent…that’s a lot more than a bartender makes

Chase: Bar MANAGER!

Chris: Look man I know you’re pissed at me but you don’t even know me. Im not a bad guy maybe if you stopped blaming me for getting dumped you’d see that

Chase: How about I pretend to take your word for it and not get to know you

Chris: Well…your loss. Chris Keller knows some real nice girls that just might cure what ails you’

IN A CLUB

Chris (to Chase) : You got to admit this helps a guy feels better

MC: You know her from Seven Dreams from Tuesday…Please welcome to the stage…Alex Do Me!

Chris: Alex Do Me!…That awesome! ….Alex Do Me!

BRULIAN’S HOUSE

Brooke : Perfect timing

Julian : Tell me about it I just got off the phone with two TV producers from LA, They’re interested in filming at the studios.

Brooke : Really ?

Julian : Yes, they’re flying for Atlanta today and if they liked what they see we can close the deal tonight !

Brooke : How could they not, Boys your daddy is a genius.

Julian : How did things goes with your father today, did you bogey down or what ?

Brooke : Oh not exactly I think he was more interrested in showing me off to his friends

Julian : I’m sorry baby

Brooke : It’s okay

Brooke : Listen Jude got a bit of temperature, do you think you’ve time to drop Davis off at daycare on your way back to the stage ?

Julian : Yes if I leave right now

Brooke : You’re my hero Julian Baker. Good luck today, I hope you don’t have to giggle or shake your ass like I did !

Julian : Hey if it means they’ll use the stage, I will do whatever it takes!

AT KAREN’S CAFE

Jamie: Hi mom!

Haley: Hi honey!

Jamie: Grandpa Dan! What are you doing here?

Dan: Just helping your mom out…you wanna join?

Costumer: Excuse me is that Dan Scott ?

Haley: Yeah

Client: How could you allow that man to work for you to be around your children?

Haley: Excuse me?

Customer: He’s a m*rder*r!

Haley: I really don’t think that’s any of your business

An other customer: Oh yes it is! Especially if he’s cooking our food

Dan: Haley it ok…I’ll leave…I’ll see you back at the house

Haley: No…you should stay. If anyone here has a problem with this man cooking your food you’re welcome to go someplace else.

Customer: Well we will

Haley: Alright then your food is on the house today…Now get out!

IN A CLUB

Chris: I asked her to move in I was so romantic and then just out of the blue she just leaves me…for her music

Stripsteaseuse: Aww baby…Im so sorry that’s terrible!

MC: Next up on the main stage the Pony Express!

Stripsteaseuse: Well sweet cheeks that’s my cue this ones on the house

Chris: Thank you Pony!

Chase: You used my pain for a free lap dance

Chris: Come on man it’s a good story. You’re not using it.

Chase: Im glad you’re enjoying yourself Im outta here

Chris: No no no ok ok look look…I won’t use your sad sack story to pick up strippers ok…Look you haven’t asked my opinion and all BS aside; she would have left you sooner or later

Chase: You don’t know that…you don’t even know Alex

Chris: Actually I do and trust me it’s in her DNA, Alex is an artist, some of us need constant validation and appreciation

Chase: I gave her validation and appreciation all the time… 24/7

Chris: See! And she still left that’s my point! No one person or town can fill the void. That girl is NEVER gonna settle down…trust me

Chase: Like I said you don’t know her

Chris: I knew she’d take that tour

AT KAREN’S CAFE

Dan: Haley I just wanna say thanks

Haley: Yeah well she was wrong you know you shouldn’t have had to deal with that

Dan: I did the crime

Haley: Doesn’t mean you have to get hammered for it all the time

BRULIAN’S HOUSE

Brooke: Hi…what are you doing here?

Ted: Good news should never be shared over the phone…Baker Man officially has funding…actually full financial backing

Brooke: But they haven’t seen a single design

Ted: Doesn’t matter they want to work with the designer

Brooke: That’s great

Ted: Well you don’t seem very happy about it

Brooke: No dad I’m thrilled that they want to invest in the line….thank you

Ted: But you’re upset with me

Brooke: Well…I never get to see you and I showed up today thinking that you and I were going to spend a day on the golf course…Just the two of us

Ted: That would have been nice

Brooke: But do you mean that?

Ted: Of course I do…I would love to spend time with you and my two handsome grandsons and we will I promise. I’ll be back in town more often now thanks to Baker Man. But honey you came to me with a business proposal

Brooke: I know that

Ted: And with opportunities like this you need to strike while the iron is hot…that’s what we did today, because of that we’ll have our day on the golf course…just the two of us. For now I have a flight to catch back to LA and you have a clothing line to design. You handled yourself like a total pro today. Im so proud of you.

IN A STORE

Julian: Excuse me I’m looking for a nice scotch. I want something aged like twelve, fifteen years.

Shop asistant: Any particular brand?

Julian: Red label, blue label, black label…I don’t know…what happed to six pack versus keg?

CLINN’S HOUSE

Clay: Hey…what’s wrong?

Quinn: I saw you.

Clay: Saw what? What’s the matter?

Quinn: I saw you buying dr*gs Clay, you’ve been lying to me this entire time

Clay: Lying to you? Quinn what are you talking about, I didn’t buy any dr*gs.

Quinn: Don’t lie to my anymore! I was there!

Clay: Maybe you saw something but it wasn’t me.

Quinn: There are pictures. I took pictures with my camera

Clay: This is crazy…your acting crazy you realize that right?…What’s wrong with you

Quinn: What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with you Clay? No wonder you didn’t need to pick up your prescription, because you’re not sick! You had other pills to pick up!

Clay: It’s not like it’s a problem.

Quinn: You fooled me! , you fooled me into feeling sorry for you and I stayed awake worried sick about you! How could you!

Clay: Quinn wait! Quinn!

AT MILLIE AND MOUTH’S WORK

Mouth: This guy says he’s faced this kind of discrimination his whole life and watching me endure it literally hurt his heart.

Millie: Yeah… I’m sure it has nothing to do with the carton of Twinkies he eats everyday…Fine I was unprofessional and rude and for that I apologize

Mouth: Now was that so hard? Thank you

Millie: Marvin I am not finished. What you need to understand is that it came from a place of love, I am genuinely concerned for your health, and I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings but I am not going to sit here and watch you eat yourself to death.

IN A CLUB

Chase: I went to the ATM to get money for a taxi and I found this…It’s her room key…she lived in a hotel…I should have known better.

Chris: Who lives in hotels? People whose stay is temporary. You never had a chance my friend… (To bartender) two more! …it had nothing to do with you though

Chase: Just so you know I still don’t like you

Chris: I’ll drink to that.

IN THE BEACH IN FRONT OF CLINN’S HOUSE

Clay (à Quinn): When I was recovering from the sh**ting I was taking those pills for the pain and the prescription ran out…I am so sorry…I was just so embarrassed about it…and I’m sorry

AT KAREN’S CAFÉ

Haley: Thanks again Dan I really don’t think I could have made it through today without you

Dan: I’m sure you would have found a way…Besides I enjoyed it…If you want me to come in tomorrow it’s really no trouble

Haley: No I don’t think that’s such a good idea…Dan it’s not because of that lady or any of the other customers it’s just…This is Karen’s Café.

IN THE STREET

Julian: Hey baby

Brooke: Hey is everything ok

Julian: Yeah why?

Brooke: Well the daycare called and said you never dropped Davis off.

End of the episode