01x18 - Fractal Androgynous

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Steins;Gate". Aired: April 6, 2011 - September 14, 2011.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Anime series based on Nitroplus's 2009 visual novel of the same name.

01x18 - Fractal Androgynous

Post by bunniefuu »

Rukako Please calm down and listen to what I have to say.

You used to be a man.

You're saying this again? Wait! Don't cry Just let me finish! All of this is for Mayuri's sake.

I need you to go back to being a guy.

Fractal Androgynous What's wrong? You're making a face, like you screwed up your yakisoba noodles, and tossed them all into the sink.

I'd prefer you to say I look like someone who tried to use all their discount card stamps, but discovered the card had expired.

I guess you aren't so depressed, you can't make a joke.

Okarin! Mayushii is very disappointed in you! Wh-What are you talking about? Don't try and fool me! You made Ruka-chan cry, didn't you? H-How did you know When I asked her to come to the lab, she just started crying.

And when I asked her about it, she said you told her she's a guy! You heard about the D-mail? D-mail? I told you not to try and fool me! You should apologize to her.

Okabe You said something that awful to Urushibara-san? Wait! It isn't what it seems.

There's a reason for it I don't care- Come with me, assistant Come on! Wh-What is it? So the next D-mail I need to erase is the one Rukako sent to her mother's pager, before she was born.

Urushibara-san actually was a guy? I can't believe it.

But it's true.

It was true She was a guy Was she like Hashida? Fail.

No! She looked just like she does now.

Then it's okay.

Anyway, to save Mayuri, I have to get Rukako back to being a guy.

But you already know what the D-mail she sent said, right? Then you don't have to tell her.

You could just do it yourself.

I don't know the number for her mom's pager.

And I thought it would be better for her if I told her the truth, instead of trying to lie.

Your guess at what's better made her cry, right? That's just your usual thing, right? Some kind of joke That's mean! I never expected you would say that to me.

Isn't that a flag there? A flag? I never said anything like, "Once this battle is over, I'm getting married.

" That's a death flag! I'm talking about a love flag.

Love? Her beloved Okabe told her she's really a guy, and it damaged her maiden's heart.

No But Rukako is a guy.

That was in the last world line, right? Sender: Rukako No Subject Dear Okabe-san, I've something important to say.

Would you come to the shrine? I'm waiting.

I'm waiting, okay? "I've something important to say" Sender: Rukako No Subject Dear Okabe-san, I've something important to say.

I'm waiting, okay? Would you come to the shrine? Sender: Rukako No Subject Dear Okabe-san, I've something important to say.

I'm waiting, okay? Would you come to the shrine? Okabe-san.

I'm sorry about earlier.

No, I'm sorry for crying.

And? What did you want to talk about? Right.

Well I have a request.

A request? I believe what you told me.

And so, um I'll become a guy again, but in exchange P-Please Be my boyfriend! B-Boyfriend? Why would I be your boyfriend? Because I love you.

Because I love you, Okabe-san! So, tomorrow, just for one day Won't you be my boyfriend? N-No, but You're a guâ Fine I'll do it.

Don't cry! Very well.

I'll be your boyfriend for a day, if it's really what you want.

Really? Why are you crying? Because I'm so happy That was actually pretty cute.

So, you'll be going out with Urushibara-san tomorrow? Yes.

A mad scientist on a date with a high school girl.

Don't say it That's why I'm enduring the mortification of asking a mere assistant for dating advice.

I told you I'm not your assistant! You're going on a date with someone, Kyouma? Here you are! Two iced coffees.

Are you going out with Mayushii? Or with her? No, this is my assistant.

Even if it helps you obtain your ultimate technique, you're chasing too many girls.

Too many girls, huh? Hey! Don't say stuff people will misunderstand, right before you leave! Hey Would you Would you do anything to obtain your ultimate technique? I-I mean, would Hououin Kyouma do anything? Why are you talking about this, too? I don't understand.

J-Just curious! I just wondered if you would do anything, to obtain your ultimate technique, even if you already had someone you loved There's no real meaning behind it, okay?! Why are you getting mad? I'm not mad! Anyway, if that's how you're supposed to be, why not go on a date with her? I already told you that I was going to! Okarin I'd really appreciate it if you'd fill me in on the details.

If you want to know where to go on a date, I've kissed dozens of girls.

I'll tell you everything you need to know! Nene-chan, Shiori-chan, Honoka-chan, Rinko-chan All those girls are from games.

I'm talking about a real date.

I've heard you go to Aoyama, or Omotesandou, or Nishiazabu Fashionable and trendy A premium night A special dinner It's hopeless.

This is a different world None of it exists in reality.

What do you get by denying it? I, Hououin Kyouma, was born with an IQ of 170, just like Isaac Newton.

I am a mad scientist, and care more for research than girlsâ Definitely a virgin! Thank you very much.

So, what about you? Do you have enough dating experience to talk down to me? See? You've been so busy with studies and research, you've never been on a single date, right? You had a lonely youth, didn't you? Shut up! Is it wrong to be a virgin?! With first dates, the most important thing is making yourself attractive to your partner.

Regarding clothing, there's no need to wear expensive brand names, but something clean I'm fine there.

There's nothing as clean as a lab coat.

Who goes on a date in a lab coat? The same applies to your destination.

There's no need to pay for an expensive, high-end restaurant.

The places you normally go are fine.

Normally go This place is out of the question.

Of course it is.

You can't take her somewhere gloomy like this! I suppose, the other places I frequent would be May Queen.

A maid café, for a first date? The weapons store.

Why are you buying a w*apon? You're just reading from a dating book! So stop sh**ting everything down, American virgin.

Who's an American virgin? Who else but you?! Right, right.

And you're a virgin, too.

Hey, wouldn't this be a better book to read? That's an H-game walkthrough! Who cares?! Ecchi stuff happens on dates.

Like holding hands and stuff That's ecchi! Or when she takes your arms, and presses her breasts against you That's ecchi as hell! And at the end of the date, there's a kiss.

Damn it all! Screw all of you, normals! So, it's morning and I have no plan Stop complaining and get dressed! Take off the tags.

Who ties their necktie like that? I can't believe you.

You're a mess, you know that? Here you go.

I feel like someone just put a chain around my neck.

Here's a handkerchief, too.

You know how to use that, right? "I'm still waiting for you.

" That's for the yellow one, the handkerchief of happiness.

Where did you learn these things? And that's old, anyway.

You knew it.

Sorry.

The right answer is, "You spread it out, before she sits on a bench.

" Whatever.

I'll tail you and message you advice.

You're coming with me? So is Hashida.

Operation Valkyria begins! Why Norse mythology? It is critical that you not be late.

Be fifteen minutes early, minimum.

Okabe-san! I'm sorry! I thought I'd left early.

Were you waiting long? No I just got here.

Oh, good Th-Then, want to go? Yes! I've never seen you without a lab coat on.

Th-This is a date When you're walking with a girl, you should subtly take the side with the oncoming cars.

Is something wrong? No It's nothing.

What is that?! That wasn't subtle at all! When a bike or car approaches, subtly protect her.

Did he protect her? Okabe-san! Are you okay? No, he just tripped And then a maid helped him up and gave him tissues! What are you doing? Miss Makise, you seem upset.

I-It's nice out today, isn't it? Yeah.

But there are some clouds.

Yes This cake is very good.

The coffee is, too.

Why? My whole life, I've spoken normally with her.

But now, the moment we're on a date This is a wonderful restaurant.

Do you come here often? No.

This is bad.

A smoothly flowing conversation is the important thing.

Th-This is actually my first time here.

He actually answered her question? Today, August 14th, is Patent Day, to celebrate when the first patent was issued in Japan.

What kind of conversation is that? You sure know a lot of things, Okabe-san.

I-I guess.

Wanna go home, Miss Makise? We're just watching.

We can't help at all.

No, we witness this to the end.

Thank you.

Um Is it boring? Going on a date with me? What are you talking about?! Next up, we'll walk around town.

Come with me! Ruka-chan? So hot He's just walking the whole way to Ueno and back? Okabe-san Do you remember the first time we met? Yeah You saved me, after some men with cameras accosted me.

Yeah.

Thank you! But I'm really sorry.

Why are you apologizing? Because I look this way, but I'm a guy! Who cares if you're a girl or a guy? That doesn't matter at all! Back then, the words you said made me so happy.

It was those words that made me start to like you.

"That doesn't matter at all," huh? Wait! Aren't those memories from when you were a guy? I What am I saying? I feel kind of strange It's just like it was with Feyris.

She's remembering the last world line.

Thank you for today.

I was so happy So happy So happy you were my boyfriend for today.

Hey This is the number for my mom's pager.

"Meat meat vegetables vegetables meat meat vegetables vegetables.

" If she sees this, I'm sure Urushibara-san's mom will assume the last one was a prank.

We're ready! What's wrong, Okabe? Hey, hey Mayushii saw Ruka-chan on a date with someone! That was Okarin.

No way.

It definitely wasn't Okarin He was wearing normal clothes, and he looked like a gentlemanâ She's right It wasn't me.

That wasn't a date with the real me! Okarin? The date isn't over But Okabe-san Kyouma! Have you forgotten my name, Rukako? Guys, girls, boyfriends I was the one who got confused.

All that doesn't matter! I finally realized I am me.

And you are Rukako My student! Right! So bring me the Dark Blade Samidare! That's right! That's just right! Yes! Listen, Rukako Listen well.

The legend of this dark blade goes back to the age of Yoshitsune.

One night, with a full, blood-red moon, a traveler was lost on the roads Look at him go.

a traveler was lost on the roads Good.

He made up with Ruka-chan.

I guess he doesn't need us anymore.

Please save Mayuri-chan.

The old PC you're looking for The IBN 5100? Until last New Year's, it was in our storehouse.

But I broke it While I was cleaning the storehouse So it's my fault! Okabe-san, please Save Mayuri-chan! I was so happy to have the chance to train with you.

Rukaâ Go.

If you don't, I think I'm going to cry I should say the words, shouldn't I? El Psy Congre.

Congroo.

El Psy I really don't want to go back Because Because If I go back, I'll have to seal away these feelings I have for you! I think I won't be able to love you if I'm a guy Rukako.

If I go back to being a guy, I'm going to forget all about today.

That we went on a date That the two of us trained That I was able to touch you this way.

If I had to suffer like this, I should have never wished to be a girl! Even if you go back to being a guy You'll still be Rukako to me.

Nothing will change! That's right It doesn't matter if I'm a girl or a guy, does it? But just for a little while Please remember me when I was a girl I'll never forget it.

What's wrong, Okabe-san? Urushibara Ruka.

The mannerisms and voice of a woman No More feminine than any woman.

Hey, Rukako Yes? Do you like me? Wh-What are you saying? Do you? Um Well, I respect you! But he's a guy.

Just one message left.