01x23 - Open the Steins Gate

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Steins;Gate". Aired: April 6, 2011 - September 14, 2011.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Anime series based on Nitroplus's 2009 visual novel of the same name.

01x23 - Open the Steins Gate

Post by bunniefuu »

World w*r III.

By 2036, it will have resulted in 5.

7 billion casualties worldwide.

And this is what starts it.

Huh? What is it? It's only a model.

Maybe it transforms or something? A time machine.

Seriously? I knew you'd recognize it, Uncle.

Then that makes this easy.

Come with me.

I refuse Okarin? I've come here from the alpha world line.

Over the past three weeks, I changed that world line again and again, sacrificing Kurisu to return here, to the beta world line.

I can't let all of that count for nothing! Kurisu-san? Kurisu? Wasn't that the name of the scientist who was stabbed at the Radio Building? Okabe Rintarou, what if I told you that the way to avoid World w*r III is to prevent Makise Kurisu's death on July 28th, 2010? What do you mean? I don't know the details.

But I have one mission To save Makise Kurisu, and to go to the one world line unaffected by the Attractor Field: The Steins Gate! Open the Steins Gate Steins Gate? The architects of this plan were my father and your future self.

None of it is anything more than a hypothesis.

It's possible the theory is wrong, and there is no Steins Gate world line.

But I'm going anyway.

I'll bet on the chance that a bright future's waiting for me.

If you're coming with me, then take my hand.

Um, Mayushii didn't really understand any of that.

But if this person, this Kurisu-san, is important to you, shouldn't you try to help them? World w*r III sounds too much like one of your fantasies.

No one else could handle it.

I don't care about 5.

7 billion people in the future.

But Thank you.

Board now.

Two people can get in it? Of course! This is my father's masterpiece.

Okarin! Leave your phone.

It might get crossed with your phone in the past.

I'll return.

Good luck.

This is a time machine.

Yeah, I stopped in 1975 and 2000.

It's working fine.

But it's running out of fuel Wait, it can go from past to future? Of course it can.

It's a time machine.

I see Is that because we're in a different world line now? Sit down.

We'll head to just before noon, on July 28th.

We can't change location, so if we arrive too early, it'll spread panic at the Radio Building, possibly affecting Makise Kurisu's actions.

Your first time, the Gs are pretty tough.

Get ready.

Okarin What is this? These always show up.

I guess they're like fragments of time.

Pretty, huh? Let's go! W-Wait.

I think I'm going to throw up You're a wimp Hurry! Don't let your other self encounter you.

It'll cause a serious time paradox.

How long until her stabbing? Twenty minutes or so, I guess.

I'll ready the time machine.

You protect her, Uncle.

Stop calling me that.

July 28th.

The day I saw Kurisu lying in a pool of blood, I'd come with Mayuri to see Professor Nakabachi's press conference.

I heard a noise on the roof.

That's right.

After this, Mayuri goes to the 7th-floor Upa machines.

Oh, no! You called me here for this? There aren't many left of this series, and Mayushii's Oh well.

I'll take the back stairs to the 8th floor.

It's a metal A metal Upa! Is it rare? Really! I'm sorry.

K-Kurisu? H-How do you know my name? Kurisu is alive Have we met somewhere? Kurisu Are you listening What's wrong? Answer me.

Wait! Wait! In the handouts, you can read about the time machine's basic design.

I will use this conference as an opportunity to discuss the fundamental theory behind it.

Professor Nakabachi I will use this conference as an opportunity to discuss the fundamental theory behind it.

Professor Nakabachi The operation notes said that you'd be able to identify Makise Kurisu.

Can you do it? Yeah.

Also, it's dangerous to take her outside.

If we can't find out who stabbed her, The same as with Mayuri? Doctor! What is it? You know exactly what! What is this "time machine theory" of yours? Kerr Black Holes? World lines? You stole all this from John Titor! Kurisu will be stabbed right here soon.

Is she really going to be here? Wait! Maybe she was stabbed elsewhere and brought here.

Yeah That's possible! Kurisu? So, it does happen here.

What's she reading? A time machine? Is that why she's the key to changing world lines? What do you want? Daddy, I wanted you to read this.

Daddy? Professor Nakabachi? You contacted me for the first time in seven years.

You asked me to come to your press conference, right? That was my inspiration Wait, so Kurisu's dad is So I thought I could use it to theorize a time machine.

Wait, so Kurisu's dad is So I thought I could use it to theorize a time machine.

I wanted to hear your theories.

If this is accepted, you can use it to show everyone who kicked you out of academia I wasn't kicked out! I got sick of them and left.

Sorry It's not bad.

Really? If you're okay with it, I thought we could put both our names on the paper.

Because you inspired me Don't be stupid.

Leave! I'll publish this paper under my name.

Wait! You wouldn't steal it, right, Daddy? I thought, no matter what, you'd never do that Shut up! How dare you call it stealing! Why are you so smart? A girl shouldn't be smarter than her father! If it weren't for you, I'd have been smart, too! If it weren't for you I You're that kid from earlier.

So that's it? You were plotting to ruin my conference together, right? I see So that's it.

Daddy! I'll protect her! How dare you insult me? Why, you Stop it, Daddy! Please! Don't even speak to me! Oh no! Don't even speak to me! What do you know? You don't know how I feel.

You don't know how I've been humiliated The hell I've been through! If it weren't for you Don't If it weren't for you Don't do it! Kurisu K-Kurisu! Fools.

This is the perfect end for you.

I'm sorry for involving you Why? Because he's my dad.

I wanted him to accept me.

That's all.

Kurisu I'm scared I I don't want to die.

I don't want to die.

I don't Kurisu Kurisu! They're back already! Okarin! Okarin, that blood It's all right.

It's not his.

I was the one who k*lled Kurisu I was the one who k*lled Kurisu Okarin? I know it hurts, but you can't give up yet.

We have enough fuel to go back once more Shut up! It'll just be the same! The Attractor Field convergence will k*ll her all over again.

It's your phone.

A message? Open it.

But Just do it.

Turn on the TV.

Turn on the TV? Turn on the TV.

The TV? Mysterious Fire in Cargo Bay Professor Nakabachi Defects to Russia The plane carrying Professor Nakabachi made it to Russia, Mysterious Fire in Cargo Bay Professor Nakabachi Defects to Russia despite a mysterious cargo bay fire.

Mysterious Fire in Cargo Bay Professor Nakabachi Defects to Russia despite a mysterious cargo bay fire.

We were very fortunate.

If this hadn't triggered the metal detector, Mayushii If this hadn't triggered the metal detector, the paper would have gone up.

Mayushii Look.

It has Mayushii's name on it! She's right.

But what's it doing in Russia? That paper is the start of everything.

Next comes the international, time machine arms race.

To rule time is to rule the world.

And that begins a world w*r.

7 billion lives are at stake.

Save Makise Kurisu, and change this world line! It's impossible It's just like with Mayuri.

No matter what I do, it'll end up the same.

Kurisu will die.

How can you say that after only one time? One time?! It's more than that How many times How many times do you think I've failed?! I can tell How insane this time loop is What a cruel fate it has in store I knew this I knew this would happen.

I'm tired.

I'm so tired You're not the kind of person to quit halfway.

Mayushii knows this! You're not the kind of person to ever give up.

Even when Mayushii couldn't say goodbye to her grandmother, you never stopped going to her grave.

That's why I could say goodbye.

That's why I got better! So don't give up.

You should have received a video file on July 28th.

July 28th You should be able to watch it, now that you've failed once to rescue Makise Kurisu.

What do you mean? I'm sorry I lied to you.

The plan called for you to fail once.

So that you would see this.

What is this? Nice to meet you, myself fifteen years ago.

It's Okarin! If you've opened this message, then you've failed to rescue Kurisu.

It must have been painful.

But that pain gave rise to my obsession.

So it had to happen.

You might say it was a part of the preparation.

Now we can begin the plan for real.

The plan to save Makise Kurisu, and enter Steins Gate.

We have two objectives.

First, to destroy the paper on time machines, which Professor Nakabachi took to Russia.

Second, to save Makise Kurisu.

If I could do that But avoiding her death and changing the past are impossible because of the Attractor Field convergence.

Right? I'll be as clear as possible.

Saving Makise Kurisu is possible.

You're just approaching it the wrong way.

Listen well.

You must not change the past, once it's been established.

You must not undo what you saw that day.

If you do either, the past will change, and all will be lost.

Remember your experiences in the alpha world line.

It was only three weeks, but you should have memories of your time with Makise Kurisu.

Of all you and she sacrificed to save Mayuri.

Of everything that happened.

You must not waste those three weeks.

You must not undo them.

The only reason you wish so desperately to save her is because of the world lines you experienced.

And it's the sole reason I devoted my life to developing a time machine.

The reason you've managed to get as far as you have is that we both want to save Kurisu.

So you must deceive your other self.

Save her without changing the past where she d*ed.

Make your past self mistake a living Kurisu for a dead one.

If you do, the past won't change.

I get it What does he mean? Okarin, do you know? I know you'll understand me.

By the way, the time machine's ID is C204.

I'm sure you know what that stands for.

Christina And I was the one who named the target world line Steins Gate.

You know why I named it that.

It doesn't really mean anything.

Right? I will now explain the parameters of the final mission, Operation Skuld.

Change the result without changing the established past.

The past consists of Makise Kurisu, lying in a bloody pool, and Okabe Rintarou seeing her there.

Change the past without changing that.

Deceive your other self.

Deceive the world.

That is what you must do to reach Steins Gate.

Good luck.

El Psy Congroo.

What was that? Was that you, fifteen years from now? The voice was so deep! Operation Skuld? El Psy Congroo? I still talk like that when I'm thirty-three years old? I sound like an otaku who's read too many bad light novels.

Okarin? I'll do it.

If that is the choice of Steins Gate.

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma! Deceiving the world is nothing to me! He's back to the usual Okarin.

But Mayushii likes Okarin better when he's like this.

I'll say it once more.

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma And the world is in the palm of my hand!