01x25 - The Third Day

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Haikyu!!". Aired: April 6, 2014 - December 19, 2020.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Follows Shoyo Hinata, a boy determined to become a great volleyball player despite his small stature.

01x25 - The Third Day

Post by bunniefuu »

Haikyu!! Episode 25: The Third Day Intense Force Shiratorizawa Academy Shiratorizawa! Go, go, go! Go, go, Seijoh! Rule the Court Aoba Johsai High School Volleyball Team Push it, push it, push it! Push it, push it, Seijoh! Shiratorizawa! I'm going to crush you today.

You'd better be prepared, Ushikawa-chan.

Stop calling me that, Oikawa.

Aoba Johsai Shiratorizawa So hungry! Let's go to the cafeteria.

Hinata, let's go eat.

By the way, I heard it was a close match yesterday.

We lost last week in our third game, too.

So the team that b*at us ended up in nationals What's wrong? You're not gonna eat? Bathroom.

The first day that Hinata and Kageyama came to the volleyball club, Daichi-san said we'd be going to the spring tournament.

The spring tournament Aren't the first-round preliminaries in August? We said we were going once more.

We can't keep thinking about a match we lost.

I think it's best that we back out here.

Huh? I wanted all of us third-years to be able to compete in the spring tournament, so I wanted us to hang in there until then and go to Tokyo to fight.

But After watching the first and second-years, I think it might be better to hand the club over to them.

Their futures are so full of promise, that it might be better to let them start as the mainstays of a new team.

That way, the team will Daichi, do you really mean that? It's true that, as captain, you're responsible for thinking about the team.

But I don't think you need to completely remove yourself.

If you've already made your decision, I won't object, but if that's not the case, then at least see things through to the end.

As I already said, I'm staying.

If the first and second-years asked me to leave, then I'll think about it.

And I'm staying even if you and Asahi leave.

I already said I'd stay yesterday! I'm not planning on going to college.

If the first and second-years asked me to leave, I'd feel really bad.

I Of course I want to keep playing! I want to keep playing volleyball with you guys! Takeda-sensei, may I talk to you for a moment, in regard to to the volleyball club? Yes? Karasuno High School Volleyball Club You got to be in the game.

How was it? Was it fun, Tadashi? No No! I can imagine.

Your body won't move right.

The ball won't fly.

Of course that's not fun.

Up until junior high, I thought it was fun just to play with everyone.

That was what volleyball was to me.

But that's not it That's not it I want to be like the others, and I want to be able to make my body move right! I want to control the ball! I want to play on the same level as the other, better players! To enjoy competitive activities, you need to be good.

Coach Ukai I mean, his grandfather.

He used to say that to me all the time.

Of course, I wasn't the ace, or even a starting member.

Practices were tough, and I thought about quitting.

But The first time I managed a service ace at a match, I thought, "Man How many hours did I practice just for this one sh*t?" "If I can savor this one sh*t, this one moment, again," "I can survive those tough practices.

" All right.

Let's do this.

There isn't enough time before the next match.

Tsukki, let's eat! Shut up, Yamaguchi.

I'm sorry, Tsukki! Tsukki! Faculty Room Sugawara and Sawamura are both on track to move on to higher education, but they've said that they intend to continue club activities even after the Inter-High.

Especially Sugawara Pardon me Sugawara.

I understand how you feel, but you should concentrate on your studies.

To be honest, I don't see any merit in continuing your club activities.

Sensei, I'm not playing volleyball for merit.

Sugawara doesn't play regularly in matches, does he? R-Right His chances of becoming a professional athlete are low, as well.

Their grades are good, but I don't know if they'll be able to keep that up.

Could you talk to the third-years? Not about what they're doing right now, but with regard to their futures.

Words from adults shouldn't be excuses for them.

Those guys What's up? I'm sure they're pretty bummed.

I canceled our morning and after-school practices today, considering everything that happened yesterday.

Aoba Johsai was strong, weren't they? They were strong Ridiculously strong.

This time, we were able to play a good game against them, but the next time we play against them, I don't know if we'll be able to have the same level of enthusiasm.

But Seijoh will probably come at us with the same level of power.

Did you see them during their time-outs? Yeah The meetings were just the team's members.

I'm sure the coaches have their backs, and they're giving them advice, but The players are constantly thinking and figuring out what to do during the game.

No matter what we throw at them, they quickly figure out how to counter it.

And they won't break easily That's gotta be stressful.

But Even in the face of Seijoh's power, they still managed to steal away points by force.

That must be what Shiratorizawa's like.

All of our practices, experience, and strategies are being broken by force.

Well, I guess the actual path to victory doesn't really matter.

The one that lets the ball fall on the court loses.

That's everything.

If you guys try too hard and end up hurting yourselves badly enough to affect your futures, but still want to play, we will probably stop you.

There are times where it's not best to act based on how you're feeling.

However, if you're able to keep challenging yourselves, there are choices.

That's what I think.

Of course, I'm not saying that scoring poorly on an exam is nothing.

To overcome difficulties, you need effort, endurance, and sacrifices.

The hours you're putting into the club are hours others are putting into studying and securing their futures, which will give them an obvious lead over you.

You all might end up regretting that.

Please choose wisely.

Choose the path that you will not regret in five, or even ten, years.

Your back's too high.

Yeah The finals should be wrapping up, shouldn't they? Yeah.

The ones who win are going on to the nationals They're gonna play a lot of games.

Yeah Damn it! Damn it Damn it all! I wanna win! I won't apologize anymore.

I won't throw any more tosses that I have to apologize for.

The only ones who'll remain on the court are the strong.

There's no time.

There's no time to stop.

But you need to eat your lunch.

K Sa Sh-Shimizu-senpai! Also, stop shouting.

I could hear you all the way in the club room.

Right! Kiyoko-san! You're beautiful as ever, Kiyoko-san! We've come to see you! We'll follow you forever! Don't get hurt! I thought you all had today off.

Then why are you here? Heya.

Hey.

Now, we're just waiting for the third-years.

But there isn't club today in the first place.

Hey, hey, hey.

There's no way the third-years are going to quit.

Huh? What do you mean the third-years The third-years are staying, right? They're still going to the spring tournament, right? Crap, hurry.

Yeah, we are.

You're late! Let's go to the spring tournament! All right! The day's finally here I wonder if some of those weirdos actually showed up.

Nice job! Nice job! Thank you! You guys are in good spirits.

Please continue to coach us! Please! We lost in a match that decided our superiority or inferiority.

Seijoh was strong and we fell to them.

That is our reality right now.

As for today's finals for the Inter-High The winner was Shiratorizawa.

Shiratorizawa Aoba Johsai Seijoh lost? There are teams stronger than Seijoh, even in our prefecture.

That just means we have to get stronger.

I'm pretty sure you know what our next goal is, but It's the spring tournament.

For the third-years who will be participating, it will be their last battle.

The spring tournament! The stage on which the Little Giant stood.

Well, then, let's have the captain pump us all up.

It's the stage that Karasuno has been to just once in the past Tokyo.

The Orange Court.

We're going to go there one more time! All right! Take a break! Right! Kageyama.

We're definitely going to win it next time.

All of us are.

Yeah.

All right, break's over! Right! A tall, tall wall looms in front of me.

Let's begin spiking practice! Right! Here we go! Beyond that is something that I'd never be able to see on my own Next, Hinata! Please! Bring it! That's The view from the top! Thank you for your support!!