05x06 - Handle With Care

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

05x06 - Handle With Care

Post by bunniefuu »

[A Restaurant]

(The waitress comes to serve Katherine)

Waitress: Sure a little thing like you can eat all that?

Katherine: I'm celebrating. I thought I was gonna die. I didn’t. So now I'm free to be whatever I want to be. Heh. It's a good day

Waitress: Love the hair, by the way. Bold choice

(She leaves and Katherine looks at her hair and finds a strand of grey hair)

[Salvatore’s House]

(Elena and Damon are cuddling on the couch)

Elena: This is nice

Damon: It is nice

Elena: Quiet, still, peaceful. I like our life when it's like this

Damon: But it is our life, which probably means that somebody's gonna walk through that door and shatter it

Elena: Oh, don't say that

Damon: In 10, 9...

Elena: Just let me enjoy the moment

Damon: 6, 5...

Elena: Damon, today is the day that we're gonna bring Bonnie back. It's a good day

Damon: 3...2...

Elena: Damon, it's a good day

(Silas enters)

Silas: Greetings

Damon: One

Silas: Good morning, frenemies. Ah. You know, I'm only a few hours into my old life as a witch, but somehow, the sun feels warmer. Probably because I'm not cursed with having to outlive it any more

Damon: What's with the home invasion, Silas?

Silas: Well, Damon, after 2,000 years of a miserable existence, I finally get to die

[A Cabin]

(Stefan wakes up. Tessa is here)

Tessa: Morning, sleepyhead. Sleep well?

Stefan: Oh. Tessa. Hi

Tessa: You're confused. Is that the amnesia or the Tequila?

Stefan: Um, I think both. I'm still trying to piece together last night

Tessa: We bonded over our misery. There were body sh*ts. The misery lifted. Here. Berries

(She gives him berries)

Stefan: Thank you. What's got you in such a good mood?

Tessa: I happened to see a text message pop up on your phone after you crashed last night. Warning from your friends. Silas took the cure. He's a witch. He's mortal, and now I can k*ll him. Get up, gorgeous. Your doppelganger dies today

[Salvatore’s House]

Silas: We all know that Tessa is a real vengeful bitch. Your doppelganger Amara d*ed at her hands, but today after 2,000 years, Amara and I will finally reunite

Damon: All right. Skip the mushy parts. Look. My girl here is just trying to have a good day, and there are promises she's expecting you to keep

Silas: Oh. You don't think that I keep my promises?

Elena: You said that now you're a witch again you would bring Bonnie back from the other side

Silas: I did, and I can

Elena: And you promised Damon that you would do that if he helped you

Silas: Yeah

Elena: But you're kind of evil. No offense

Silas: None taken

Elena: So I'm just trying to figure out how I can trust that one of your last acts in this world will be to bring my best friend back

Silas: Did you want me to pinky swear?

Damon: She's trying to have a good day. Just tell her how it's gonna go down

Silas: I just want to destroy the other side so I don't get stuck in that pit of a Purgatory when I finally do k*ll myself. Before I do that, I'll bring Bonnie back, and being the amazing and incredible and all-powerful witch that I am, I can totally do both things. I just have to find The Anchor first and destroy it

Elena: The Anchor?

[A Cabin]

Tessa: Silas is looking for The Anchor. It's the object I used to bind the spell when I created the other side.Destroy it, the spell's broken. No more supernatural limbo, and Silas can die and find peace. I'd rather his lying, cheating ass not have that

Stefan: Great, fine. I approve. Where is it?

[Salvatore’s House]

Damon: New Jersey? The supernatural other world is bound by an object in Snooki's backyard?

Silas: It's in a stockyard, and it's being shipped out, so we really need to… hello, hunter

(They turn and see Jeremy, a crossbow in his hands)

Silas: Banner day for you, huh? Didn't you and the Bennett witch used to… tch, tch

Jeremy: Hey. Knock it off, ok?

Elena: It's ok, Jer. We all want the same thing today…

Damon: Aka, put the damn crossbow down, Pocahontas

Jeremy: We're just supposed to believe that he's gonna bring Bonnie back to life out of the goodness of his heart?

Silas: Well, I hope not. I mean, I am kind of a monster. You know, guys, I'm feeling really ganged up on right now, ok? I would hate to lose my temper and do something... Crazy. Ahh. Man, I really love being a witch again. I feel like I'm constantly reinventing myself. I'm like a supernatural Madonna, don't you think?

[A Cabin]

Stefan: So Silas read your mind and figured out where The Anchor is? Now what?

Tessa: You now that old, ancient story I told you about the Travelers? Oh, wait. You don't. I fried your brain and took your memories. Sorry. The Travelers… you know how Silas wants to destroy the other side so he can be at peace with that slut Amara that he calls his one true love? The Travelers don't want that

Stefan: Why not?

Tessa: Not important. Scratch that. Very important. I'm just not gonna answer it

Stefan: Um, you know what? I think I still need to be drunk to understand this story

Tessa: The Travelers have been in possession of The Anchor for 2,000 years. They constantly move it so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands, and they're not gonna let him get near it, at least not before I k*ll him

Stefan: Yeah? Well, what if they fail?

Tessa: He won't destroy it. He won't be able to

Stefan: Why not?

Tessa: Let's just file that under the not gonna answer it category

[Salvatore’s House]

Silas: All right. We got to get going. You grab a crowbar or 4 from the garage

Jeremy: What for?

Silas: Does it matter?

(He looks at Elena)

Silas: You, you're not going. Men only

Elena: Are you serious? He's not serious

Damon: No, he's not serious

Silas: Actually, I am 100% serious. She's a freaky carbon copy of my one true love Amara. You can understand why I don't want to stare at her imposter face all day

Damon: That makes no sense

Silas: If would make complete sense if you were ever in love with anybody who looked exactly like her

Elena: This is ridiculous. We're bringing my best friend back from the dead. I’m going

(He hurts her with an arrow)

Silas: Next one goes in the heart. Now hurry up. I only have until sundown before Tessa tries to stop me

[A Cabin]

Stefan: Well, the one good thing about having amnesia is that I don't remember how I got in the middle of all this

Tessa: Rest easy, sweet pea. Don't you worry about the details. Silas is going to die today, and he will spend eternity on the other side as far away from Amara and peace as possible. I have it all covered. You don't scheme as long as I have without considering every possibility

(She can’t go out)

Stefan: What’s wrong?

Tessa: Silas put a spell on this cabin. We're stuck here until sundown

Stefan: How do you know that?

Tessa: Because I taught him the damn spell

[Whitmore College]

(Katherine comes out of the bathroom. Caroline enters, thinking it’s Elena)

Caroline: I don't want to know if Tyler called, so don't even tell me.Do you want to do small appliances or toiletries?I'd compel a cute boy to pack for us, but I don't think I want to see a cute boy ever again except for Jesse, who is conveniently not answering his phone

Katherine: Um, we're moving out?

Caroline: Hello! Dr. Maxfield thinks we're vampires, you know, threatened to expose us, told us to drop out

Katherine: That sucks. Ahem

(Caroline understands it’s Katherine)

Caroline: What the hell are you doing in my dorm, Katherine?

Katherine: I just need a place to crash

Caroline: What? I loathe you

Katherine: I'm desperate, ok? Damon kicked me out, Stefan doesn't remember me, and I just spent my last $20 on a meal that I didn't even get to enjoy

Caroline: Aw. And how is any of this my problem?

Katherine: Look at you. Moving out, giving up? That's very un-Caroline of you. You need me bad. In exchange for a place to stay and Elena's meal card, I will help you deal with Dr. whoever

Caroline: Dr. Maxfield. He teaches Bio

Katherine: Heh. I'm sorry. What? You're scared of a teacher? Aw, honey, you really need to take a crash course on Villain 101, but luckily for you, I have an honorary doctorate. What do you say, roomie?

[A Cabin]

(Stefan’s phone rings. It’s Elena. Tessa answers)

Tessa: Stefan's phone

Elena: Who's this?

Tessa: Uncanny. Your doppelganger voice is exactly like Amara's, so whiny

Elena: Tessa, where's Stefan?

Tessa: He's here. Well, not here, here. He hopped in the shower. Between us girls, he works up quite the sweat, but I guess you know that. May I leave him a message?

Elena: Yeah. Remind him that you're a crazy bitch

Tessa: I would, but I think that's maybe his type

[A Car]

(Silas, Damon and Jeremy are on the road. Damon is on the phone with Elena)

Elena: He's with Tessa. Why does he keep going back to her?

Damon: Look. Who knows? Amnesia Stef's a fickle little fellow

Silas: Wait. You didn't tell Elena what we you did to Stefan?

Elena: Tell me what?

Damon: Well, Silas needed his psychic juju to get into Tessa's head, and the only way to temporarily reactivate his ability was to break Stefan's neck a couple times

Elena: As if he didn't hate us enough.Damon, oh, God. I'm going over there

Silas: She should really. Tessa's bad business

Damon: No. Just let Stefan have his space. It's like you said, he's already mad enough

Elena: Sounds like he's more mad at you. Maybe he and I can find some common ground

(She hangs up)

Silas: Knock, knock. Knock, knock. Who's there? The Mayor. The Mayor who?

Damon: Well, who?

Silas: No one. That's the joke. No one's there because I k*lled the mayor

Jeremy: You're a d*ck

[Whitmore College]

(Dr. Maxfield is in his office alone, talking into a handheld recorder)

1.: Subject 62547. Blood film analysis. Cellular growth rate is phenomenal. As expected...

(He hears some noise and finally sees Caroline)

1.: What are you doing here?

[A cabin]

(Tessa opens the door to Elena)

Tessa: Well, if it isn't Stefan's fated love

Elena: Where is he?

Tessa: Come on in. Who am I to stand in the way of destiny?

(She enters and sees Stefan)

Stefan: Elena. You shouldn't have walked through that door

Elena: I'm really sorry. I wouldn't have let Damon do what he did to you

Stefan: Sure you would have. You have this annoying tendency to do anything he tells you to do

Tessa: I'm no shrink, but I think it's called codependence

Elena: Look. I get that you're upset with us for pretty much everything, but do you really think that sleeping with Tessa is gonna solve anything?

Stefan: Who said I was sleeping with Tessa?

Tessa: I am so bad with messages. Oh, look! Elena called. She's wondering why you're here. I may have embellished for effect

Elena: Ok. I just came by to make sure that she hadn't done some, like, "Fatal Attraction" spell on you, but now that I know that you're good, I'm gonna go

Stefan: Yeah. You really shouldn't have come inside

[New Jersey]

(Silas, Damon and Jeremy arrive at the stockyard)

Damon: Thank god

Silas: How do you it, Damon? How you can stand being here while your girlfriend sits at home worrying about her doppelganger soul mate?

Damon: It's called being secure. I'm assuming you know a little bit about that by the way you wear your hair. Please don't tell me you believe in this doppelganger prophecy crap

Silas: Crap? What do you mean crap? Do you not notice the universe trying to mirror my love for Amara by bringing our doppelgangers together?

Damon: You do realize that by destroying the other side that you are personally moving heaven and earth to be together? That's not fate, you idiot.It's you being a crazy person

(They have entered the stockyard)

Jeremy: Ok. Where is this stupid anchor thing?

Silas: I have no idea

Damon: What do you mean you have no idea?

Silas: Give me some credit, man. I did psychically dive into Tessa's mind to see this specific warehouse

Jeremy: What does it look like?

Silas: Again, I have no idea. Tessa created it after she locked me away in a tomb for 2,000 years and left me to starve. Remember? Remote island, creepy hallucinations?

Damon: Wait. You don't know where it is or what it looks like?

Silas: It binds a spell to a supernatural hell dimension. It's not gonna look like a freaking Ikea sink

[Whitmore College]

(Katherine and Caroline are still with Maxfield)

Caroline: What did you inject him with?

Katherine: I don't know. It just said avoid contact with eyes and do not ingest. Oops

1.: That's atropine

Katherine: There you go

1.: What are you doing, Elena?

Caroline: We're draining the vervained blood out of your system so I can compel you to forget that Elena and I are vampires

1.: Wait. What? You'll k*ll me!

Caroline: Shh. I'm just… I'm trying to do some math. Ok.So if the average male has 5 liters of blood in his system...

Katherine: That's about right

Caroline: Then carry the one. Just round up. Perfect! 4.7 pints. Should I use the right arm of the left arm?

1.: Untie me. I'll find the vein myself. You will k*ll me

Katherine: Give me. It's not my first rodeo. Can you give me one of those tubing thingies and, um, some tape?

Caroline: Oh, my God. It's totally working

Katherine: Ta-da. So... Doctor... You tell me... Who else knows about us?

1.: If you were willing to k*ll me, you wouldn't have gone through all this trouble.You should have left when I told you to. They're on to you

Caroline: Who's they? The people you want to expose us to, that secret society thingie that you belong to?

1.: There's a gathering today at Whitmore house. The society's using it to suss out potential candidates. They were going to invite you until they started suspecting you were a vampire

Katherine: So all I have to do is convince them that Elena Gilbert isn't a vampire? Done 1.: They'll never let you in, and a vampire can never get past the threshold
[New Jersey]

(Jeremy is alone, opening a crate. Bonnie appears)

Bonnie: What did that crate do to you?

Jeremy: Bonnie, what are you doing here?

Bonnie: Didn't want to miss the excitement. It's not every day a girl comes back from the dead

Jeremy: Don't jinx it

Bonnie: I'm not jinxing it. I'm being realistic. It's not a dime store spell, jer. When I brought you back, it k*lled me, remember? What I meant was it's just… it's not something I'm gonna count on, ok?

Jeremy: Not ok. Have some faith. If you believe that it can work and I believe it can work, then it will work. Just say it. You need to say it

Bonnie: It will work

Jeremy: Thank you

Bonnie: Jer, just so we're clear, I would die 100 times over just to have you standing here alive in front of me

Jeremy: Before today is over... We're gonna know what...that... feels like

(Damon and Silas are opening crates)

Silas: Quit dawdling. We have to find this thing before the Travelers show up

Damon: Why are they so interested in this anchor?

Silas: They hate me for creating the immortality spell, and they know The Anchor's the only thing standing in between me and my soul mate, and every love story needs that one thing that just keeps getting in the way. Kind of like you, Damon

Damon: You know, you might be an all-powerful witch… is that what you called it?

Silas: Yeah

Damon: But I will happily k*ll you if you keep that up

Silas: Oh, no, you won't, not until I bring your girlfriend's bestie back

(Damon’s phone rings. It’s Stefan. He answers)

Damon: Well, isn't this a pleasant surprise?

Tessa: You ain't seen nothing yet. Since I'm occupied at the moment, I need you to go ahead and k*ll Silas for me

Damon: Gladly, but he's such a control freak that he wants to off himself

Tessa: You mean, after he destroys the other side? Yeah. That's not gonna happen, plus I want him dead before he has the pleasure of finding The Anchor

Damon: Yeah. I'm not following

Tessa: k*ll him now

Elena: Damon

Tessa: Did I mention I lured your girlfriend here to me. I used the oldest trick in the book… jealousy of Stefan! Thought you should know

(She uses her powers on Elena)

Stefan: Tessa!

Damon: Stop. Stop it! I can't k*ll him yet. He has to do something for me first

Tessa: Is that something more important than Elena? Because Silas put a spell on this house and bound it to the sun, which means we're trapped here until sundown, which means you have until then to k*ll Silas, or I k*ll Elena. With a face like Amara's, it might be cathartic Bye now

Damon: Whoa. Wait!

(She hangs up)

[Whitmore College]

(Katherine arrives at Whitmore House for the gathering. Diane Freeman opens the door)

Diane: Miss Gilbert

Katherine: You know me?

Diane: I'm Diane Freeman. We met the night your roommate d*ed

Katherine: Of course. Crazy night. Anyway, I am here for the shindig

Diane: I didn't realize you'd be joining us

Katherine: Did I forget to RSVP? Oh, sorry. I've just been so busy with my studies

Diane: We just started the tea

Katherine: Got any food?

(She goes to the buffet and starts eating. A lot. Aaron looks at her)

Katherine: What? Are you the sandwich police?

Aaron: Just trying to figure out why Wes told me to stay away from you

Katherine: Do I know you?

Aaron: Aaron. We met yesterday. You changed your hair. It's...

Katherine: Aaron. Duh. Hi. So what are you doing here? Are you part of... The secret society?

Aaron: The what?

Katherine: You know... The society

Aaron: I still have no idea

Katherine: Either you're genuinely clueless, or you're very good at keeping secrets

(One of her tooth falls)

Aaron: Is that your tooth?

Katherine: No. What is happening to me?

[A Cabin]

(Elena is sitting on the floor while Tessa and Stefan are next to each other, reading a magazine)

Tessa: Look at all the incredible things they've dreamt up to do with food. Pineapple on pizza?

(She looks at Elena)

Tessa: So sad. Let me guess. Gluten-free?

Elena: How did you get here?

Tessa: Excuse me?

Elena: Here, alive, from the other side. How did you come back to life?

Tessa: Oh, yeah. That. You can blame your friend Bonnie for that. She opened the door and then distracted herself when she brought your little brother back to life, so I just walked right through when she d*ed

Elena: Well, today, Silas was gonna bring her back to life after he got The Anchor, but you told my boyfriend, who has never put anyone's life before mine, including his own, to k*ll Silas before he could do that. So, no, I'm not sad about the pizza

Stefan: Look. Why don't we forget about the pizza? What do you say I make something?

Tessa: Ok. Roasted duck

Stefan: Wait. Do you have a duck?

Tessa: No, but maybe I can lure one inside. Got Elena in. How much smarter could a duck be? Go for it

Stefan: Right

[New Jersey]

(Damon and Jeremy are outside)

Jeremy: We can't k*ll Silas. Silas is the only one that can bring Bonnie back, and he's not gonna bring her back until right before he destroys the other side

Damon: Yeah? Well, Tessa wants to do it now. Something tells me patience isn't her strong suit

Jeremy: Damon, you promised. You promised Elena that she would see Bonnie again

Damon: You don't think I'm aware of that? But if Tessa kills Elena, guess who's not gonna make it to Bonnie's welcome home party? Plan's off, Jeremy. Bonnie's not coming back. Sorry

(He goes back inside and Bonnie appears)

Bonnie: It's ok, Jeremy

Jeremy: Bonnie… She's my sister

Bonnie: Jeremy Gilbert, do you not know me at all? Is there a part of you that thinks for one minute that I'd let one of my friends die just so I could come back to life? I'm dead, jer, and as much as I want to come back maybe I'm just supposed to accept it

Jeremy: We were so close

Bonnie: I know we were. Go help him k*ll Silas

(Damon is inside and 2 travelers appear, speaking a foreign language)

Damon: I've met a lot of witches in my day. Never quite heard that one before. Let me guess. Travelers

(One of them speaks again and they use their powers on him)

Damon: Why do you witches always go for the daylight ring? I was about to do your little euro tribe a favor. I want to k*ll Silas, too

Traveler: That's the problem. We don't want him dead yet

Damon: Well, that's not gonna work for me

[Whitmore College]

(Caroline is still with Dr. Maxfield, whose blood is still being drained)

1.: You're oddly calm, which only adds to my complete and utter terror

Caroline: Sorry. I spaced

1.: You spaced? Caroline, I would have bled to death

Caroline: You know what? I just broke up with my boyfriend for good. My heart is in pieces. Sue me for having a moment

1.: My apologies. Is the moment over?

Caroline: Yes, it is

(She compels him)

Caroline: Now answer my questions truthfully. What is the secret society?

1.: It's called Augustine

Caroline: Augustine? I've never heard of it

1.: That's the whole point

Caroline: And how do you become a member?

1.: Most recruits are legacies, but some of us were chosen for our extraordinary talents

Caroline: And what is your extraordinary talent?

1.: Being brilliant

Caroline: Not to mention that you're willing to lie on autopsy reports like my roommate's. You knew that she was k*lled by a vampire. Is that why you covered up her death?

1.: No. I covered up her death because it wasn't just any vampire. It was the Augustine vampire

Caroline: Hang on. Ok. So your creepy elitist society also has their own vampire? Who is it?

(They hear someone coming)

Diane: Wes, you in there? It's Diane Freeman

(Caroline is still compelling him)

Caroline: You were wrong. Elena Gilbert and I aren't vampires. We're just regular freshmen. You're light headed because you gave blood this morning. Forget everything that happened here

(She disappears and Diane enters)

Diane: Wes? So you are here

1.: Of course I'm here. Why?

Diane: Because it's 5:00. You missed the Whitmore party

1.: What? I was working. The day must have gotten away from me

Diane: That's not all you missed. Guess who I watched strut right through the front door. Elena Gilbert. Clearly not a vampire. What made you so convinced she was?

1.: I… have no idea. I guess I was wrong

[A Cabin]

(Stefan is cooking. Tessa is next to him)

Stefan: Try this and let me know what you think

Tessa: All right. Mmm. It's good

Stefan: Yeah?

Tessa: Yeah

Elena: Ok. I get it. You hate me. You may not have any memories, Stefan, but I do. This person, she's not the type of person that you would like

Tessa: That's not very nice, especially considering I've allowed you to remain alive until sundown. Oh. Almost sundown

(She goes to the door)

Stefan: Elena, don't say a word. I got this. I know you think that I hate you, but I don't. I won't let her hurt you, I promise

(Tessa is calling Damon)

Tessa: Why isn't he picking up for…

(He answers)

Damon: What?

Tessa: Is he dead yet?

(Jeremy rejoins Damon)

Damon: There you are. Man up. We're under att*ck. No. He's not dead yet. I was just ambushed by some of your inbred cousins.Any idea why Travelers who hate Silas would want to stop me from k*lling him?

Tessa: They probably want his blood

Damon: For what?

Tessa: Silas drank the cure from Katherine. Now his blood is the cure

Damon: But they're not immortal, so who do they want it for?

Tessa: Think about it, Damon. The Travelers aren't fans of immortality, and I had to bind the other side to something, something that would last forever, something that Silas couldn't destroy

Damon: What, his favorite childhood sled?

Tessa: Something a little closer to his heart. 2,000 years old, immortal, indestructible. You're a quick boy, Damon.Figure it out

(She hangs up and Stefan att*cks her)

Stefan: Elena, run!

(They run)

[New Jersey]

Damon: No way

Jeremy: What?

Damon: Not possible

Jeremy: What?

Damon: Tessa may be insane, but she's a bona fide genius. 2,000 years old, immortal, indestructible. The Anchor isn't a thing. It's a person

(Silas opens a crate and finds Amara inside)

Silas: Amara

Damon: She never k*lled Amara

(Silas wakes up Amara)

Silas: You're still alive. Amara… It's me

(They go outside)

Silas: You're ok

Amara: Go away, go away. Go away. Leave me alone

Silas: No, no, no. It's ok. It's me, it's me

Amara: Silas

Silas: It’s me

Amara: Silas, how are you here? After all this time... How are you here?

Silas: I thought you were dead. Tessa said she k*lled you. She held your heart in her hands

Amara: She lied. She shouldn’t k*ll me. There was only one cure. She wanted it for you

Silas: I took it. I'm sorry. I wanted to be with you. I wanted to be at peace with you

Amara: The cure runs in your veins

Silas: I was ready to die for you

Amara: I love you, Silas. I'm so sorry. I have to be cured. I can't live another day

[Whitmore College]

(Katherine enters Dr. Maxfield’s lab)

1.:Elena Gilbert, what brings you by?

(She gives him his recorder)

1.: How'd you get this?

Katherine: Mystery. I listened to about half before I nearly blew my brains out from boredom except for the part about your subject's blood being abnormal. That part was mildly interesting

1.: Well, thanks for returning it

Katherine: Now that subject, 62547, right, is that the Augustine vampire?

1.: I think you should go

Katherine: Heh. And do what, sprinkle all of your dirty little secrets across campus like Augustine and all the vampire experiments that you've been doing? Come on, Dr. Wes. Aren't you supposed to be some sort of genius?I'm sure we can come up with some creative solution for our little predicament

1.: I have to say if I wasn't such a genius, I might actually think you were blackmailing me, Elena

Katherine: Actually, my name's Katherine. Elena's my doppelganger, and while I let you chew on that... I'll admit there is something that I can't solve on my own

(She shows him her tooth)

1.: Is that a tooth?

Katherine: It's my tooth. I think I'm dying, and I need you to save my life

[New Jersey]

(Amara is alone and talking alone)

Amara: Stop talking. It's not up to you. Leave me alone! Leave me alone! Please leave me alone. Leave me alone

(Then she sees Damon)

Amara: Are you real?

Damon: Are you?

[Salvatore’s House]

(Elena and Stefan arrive)

Stefan: Well, uh, have a good night

Elena: Yeah. It's weird. Even with no memory, you're...Still you

Stefan: Well, Tessa was gonna k*ll you, and you don't seem like you deserve that, so I was just going on instinct, that's all

Elena: Exactly. That's what I'm saying. Your instincts were always to protect me, so thank you for… for just being you

Stefan: Well, have a good night

(He leaves. Jeremy and Damon are in the living room)

Damon: Stefan Salvatore sleeps in his own bed tonight. Does that mean he stopped hating us, or did the power of the fated doppelganger universe push him into the car with you?

Elena: Well, he, uh, saved my life, so I'll take that as not hate

Damon: Victory in a day otherwise marred by failure

Jeremy: We couldn't get Bonnie back. I get a pass

Elena: Did I say anything?

(Bonnie appears)

Bonnie: Tell her it's for the best, jer

Jeremy: No. No, I won't because it's not

Damon: what?

Jeremy: Bonnie's here. She wants us not to worry

Elena: We're gonna keep trying, Bonnie, ok? It's not over. We've dealt with much worse

Damon: Well, Silas is M.I.A. and out and about, which is pretty bad, and Amara's been cured, which is even worse because now she's easy to k*ll, so the fate of the other side, where Bonnie currently resides, rests on a living, breathing human being that we now need to protect

Elena: We need to protect?

(Damon opens his trunk and Elena sees Amara)

Damon: Elena, meet crazy pants. Crazy pants, meet Elena

(Stefan enters his bedroom. Tessa is here)

Stefan: What are you doing here?

Tessa: Do you have any idea what it's like watching history repeat itself?

Stefan: You're hurt. I can heal you

Tessa: No, no. I want this wound. It's a reminder of what you really are. See, memories are important. I made a mistake when I found you. I eased your pain. You used to have a lot of pain. Remember? You k*lled your own father... And then forced your brother to become a vampire. And that was just the start of your reign of terror. You hated yourself for a century, but then you found her. Didn't last very long, did it?

Stefan: Stop it. Stop it, please

Tessa: But the ending's the best part because you actually felt real pain, physical pain, t*rture. Remember? You were trapped in a safe and tossed in a quarry. Water flooded in. You tried to scream, you tried to escape, but all you could do was drown over and over and over again. The only thing keeping you sane was that one day one of the two people you loved... Would come rescue you, but they didn't. I did. Always remember that