01x12 - Two to Tangu

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Sofia the First". Aired: November 18, 2012 - September 8, 2018.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Animated series features Sofia, an ordinary girl who becomes a princess overnight when her mom marries the king.

01x12 - Two to Tangu

Post by bunniefuu »

I was a girl in a village doin' all right then I became a princess overnight now I gotta figure out how to do it right so much to learn and see up in the castle with my new family in a school that's just for royalty a whole enchanted world is waiting for me I'm so excited to be sofia the first I'm findin' out what bein' royal's all about sofia the first makin' my way it's an adventure every day sofia it's gonna be my time sofia to show them all that I'm sofia the first ( neighing ) Finally, we're here! I've been looking forward to this visit all week! Me, too.

I've never been to tangu before.

Zandar always has the best surprises for us.

( neighing ) ( neighing ) Hello.

Good morrow.

Hey, everybody! Zandar: Hey, everyone! Welcome to tangu.

I've got such an awesome day planned.

I'm ready to be impressed.

Well, princess hildegard, Have you ever ridden a flying carpet before? Go on.

We're gonna ride 'em across the desert To tangu peak, The highest mountain in the whole kingdom Where we're gonna have a party so huge, You'll need a map to find your way around.

( gasps ) a party! Pretty awesome, right? It might be.

Oh, it will be.

You'll see.

All right, let's fly! ( whistles ) So how do we ride these things? You just tell 'em where you wanna go And how fast you wanna get there.

Hi, there.

Amber, will you ride with me? Oh, I don't know.

( giggles ) Come on.

It'll be fun.

James: Whoo-hoo! ButIt will mess up my hair, And I'm not wearing the right shoes.

Princess: Whee! Oh.

Amber, Are you scared? Of course I'm scared, sofia.

There's no driver, no wings, no doors, And I've never ridden a flying carpet before.

But we'll figure it out together.

It'll be an adventure.

( stammers, sighs ) can't we just take the coach? Oh, we can take a coach anytime.

Let's try the carpet.

We'll have a great time.

I promise.

( groans ) fine.

But if I don't like it, we're taking the coach back.

Deal.

( sofia giggling ) Whoa! ( giggles ) climb on.

( amber screams ) ( gasps ) ( yells ) Whoa! Aah! Yay! Fun.

( amber screams ) We're going the wrong way! Carpet, go left.

( yells ) Um, the other left! ( grunts ) it's not listening.

What's wrong with this carpet? I don't know! Whoa! ( screaming ) ( gasps ) Whoa! Oh! Hold on! Okay! ( both screaming ) watch out! What's on my tiara? A date.

Or a plum? ( screams ) ( muffled voice ) it's a date.

( gulps ) ( both yelp ) Whoa! ( both scream ) ( chuckling ) We made it out.

Uh, what's that? What's what? That.

( neighing ) Duck! Ducks? No.

Duck! ( shrieks ) ( gasps ) Wow.

Amber, look up.

( neighing ) They're beautiful.

Just tell me when they're gone.

They'reGone now.

You can open your eyes.

Get me off this thing! ( both yelling ) ( grunting ) ( gasps ) Are you okay? Uh-huh.

Are you? Uh-huh.

How about you, carpet? Great.

We're all okay.

But where are we? I don't know.

Maybe the carpet knows.

Well, I know where we're not: At the party! We can ask someone in the marketplace for directions.

We'll make it to the party.

I promise.

( sighs ) you promised We'd have a great time.

And I am not having a great time.

I thought the carpet ride was kinda fun.

( sighs ) no, sofia.

It was terrifying, Just like I said it would be.

We should've taken the coach.

Oh, no.

You have to behave yourself.

Zander: So, what do you think, hildegard? Well, it's pretty much the same as riding in a flying coach, Isn't it, clio? Uh-huh.

The same thing.

But can your flying coaches do this? Zander: Hold on, everyone.

Really tight! Carpets, let's show them what you can do.

( whistles ) Whoo-hoo! Oh! ( children yelling and laughing ) Now that was pretty awesome, right? Um, it was fun.

I don't know about "awesome.

" Well, wait until you enter the kasbah.

This way to the party.

Hey, where're sofia and amber? They're probably exploring the kingdom.

There's so much to see and do in the land of tangu.

This place is amazing! Look! That monkey can juggle! ( scoffs ) even james can juggle.

Wow, I've never heard music like this before.

( sighs ) I've heard better.

We just need to get directions.

Woman: Come! Come to me! I will tell you your future.

Let's go! Excuse me? Ahh Have you young ladies Come to seek your fortune? No playing with the crystal ball when mommy's working.

Actually, We were hoping you could tell us how to get to tangu peak.

Lucky for you, I know all! Since you are lost, I am happy to give you your fortune Great! Can we have the directions first, please? We're kind of in a hurry.

First, you must head south past the hanging gardens To the elephant river.

You will pass a stand that sells kabobs.

Don't stop there.

They're not very good.

Keep following the river until it meets the mountains And you will see tangu peak before you.

Great! Thank you.

And now, your fortune.

I seeAh Ah Much running in your future.

What? Why? Because your flying carpet just took off.

Quick! We have to catch it! ( sighs loudly ) Oh, fine.

There it goes! Come back! Amber, come on! ( animal bellows ) Do you see it?! Sofia: There it is! ( gasps ) Uh-oh.

How are we ever going to find our carpet now? I don't know.

Wait! There it is! I've got it! I had it! ( sighs ) this is what happens when you try something new You end up lost in a strange kingdom, Picking dates out of your tiara.

AlmostThere! And theyour flying carpet runs away from you.

( sighs ) ( gasps ) ( yelps ) my hair! ( gasping, grunting ) My tiara! ( gasps ) You messed with the wrong princess! ( yelling ) Come back here, you! ( grunts ) Amber: Oh, no! ( yells ) You're not getting away that easy! ( yelling ) Amber! What are you doing? Come on! We gotta catch it! Here I go! It's getting away! Sofia: Amber! You got it! Huh.

I got it.

I got it! Ha! That's right! I got you! And I'll take that back, thank you very much.

Sofia! Quick, take my hand! Thank you! ( amber screaming ) Sofia: Excuse us! ( man yells ) Whoa! ( both screaming ) Amber: Whoa! ( screaming ) ( sighs ) AhhOh.

Amber, you were amazing! I was, wasn't I? ( sighs ) I think I'm getting the hang of this flying carpet thing.

Hmm? Whoa! Uh-oh.

Hold on.

Oh, no.

What is that? I think it's the hanging gardens! Hey! That's on the way to tangu peak! So at least we're going in the right direction-- ( yelling ) ( both screaming ) Whoa! Oh Do we still have the carpet? Yes, I do.

Great.

Now all we need to do is find a way out of here And get this carpet under control.

( grunting ) hmm Sit.

Stay.

Aah! I said, "stay!" oh! That's it, no more mrs.

"nice princess"! ( grunts ) please! ( grunting ) Hey! I am in charge here! You have to listen to me! Me, me! ( grunting ) ( groaning ) amber: You need to stay still! Um, amber? Ugh, yes? I think we have a problem.

Tell me about it.

I can't find a way out.

Wait-- we're stuck? Like stuck-stuck? Maybe? But we can't be stuck! It's okay, amber.

Don't worry.

There has to be some way out of here We've got 140 kinds of mint tea, And one-of-a-kind entertainment! Get ready to be impressed.

I've been ready.

She's been ready.

All right, bring on the dancing elephants! ( elephant trumpeting ) Dancing elephants? Everyone's seen that before.

Sure.

But have you ever seen elephants dancing on flying carpets? ( elephants trumpeting ) ( trumpeting ) I don't know where sofia and amber are, but they're sure missing out! ( trumpeting ) Okay.

I've never seen anything like that before.

But is it "awesome"? I don't know She doesn't know.

( chuckling ) well, zandar.

You tried.

In tangu, there is no such thing as giving up.

I give up! Whoa! ( grunts ) Amber, there's a tunnel! I'm going to see where it leads.

Nowhere good, I'm sure.

Oh, no.

We are stuck.

Completely, totally Stuck.

What are we going to do? ( gasps ) princess jasmine! What are you doing here? Your amulet summoned me, sofia.

When a princess is in trouble, it calls another princess to help.

Amber: Sofia? Did you say princess jasmine? Princess jasmine! Where'd you come from? Where'd she come from? IDon't know! Gosh, but she's here And we really need your help.

Okay.

Tell me everything.

We're trappedAnd we have no idea how to get out of here.

Well, there is one way out We could never fly all the way up there.

We can't even control our carpet.

It doesn't listen to a thing I say.

There's something wrong with it.

Let me see this carpet.

Ah-hah.

Girls, what you've got is a wild carpet.

Wild? Flying carpets are a lot like horses.

Sometimes, they're wild.

And when they're wild, you need to tame them.

You have to teach them how to listen to you And follow your orders.

The most important thing is not to be afraid.

If the carpet knows you're afraid, it won't trust you to tell it where to go.

It'll just fly all over you.

Listen it's easy to be frightened when you've never flown before but to tame a wild carpet, leave your fear down on the floor Sit.

Wow.

yes, to tame a wild carpet, you can't be afraid to try grab the carpet by the tassels get set, jump on, and fly! and if you take a chance and try to reach for the skies, any new adventure can be the ride of your lives Ready? Let's jump on and fly.

We've got to lead now.

Go left! Whoa! Let me try, sofia.

Left! It's listening! Aah! It was listening Tell it to go right.

Together.

Right! Right! Now left! Both: Left! We're doing it! to tame a wild carpet, we can't be afraid to try, we gotta hold on to the tassels and reach up for the sky! Ready to get out of here? Uh-huh! Then follow me! we're riding the wind up to the clouds and flying high and fast we're racing around and having ourselves a blast and if we take a chance and try to reach for the skies, any new adventure can be the ride of our lives we're having a great adventure on the ride of our lives the ride of our lives the ride of our lives Thank you for rescuing us, jasmine! I didn't rescue you.

I just helped you rescue yourselves.

Bye! Thank you! Gather around, everyone.

I've saved the best attraction for last! This should be good.

I'll be the judge of that.

That's it? Come dance, clio.

Me? Okay.

Wee! ( trumpeting ) ( laughing ) Join in! All right! Whoa, look at this! Join us, hildegard! Whoa! All right, I admit it.

ThisIs awesome! I knew it would be.

I don't get it, zandar.

We're just dancing.

After all the elephants and flying carpets, why did this impress hildegard? Well, I realized that the only show hildegard would find truly awesome Is a show starring hildegard.

( laughing ) So, zandar wins? I always do! Amber, look! Tangu peak! Great.

Let's see how fast this little carpet can go! Uh-oh.

What? It looks like everyone's leaving.

The party's over.

You were right.

We should have taken the coach.

I'm sorry, amber.

I promised you we'd have a great time, but I just ruined your whole day.

Sofia.

You did not ruin my day.

What? We got to tame a flying carpet, see the whole kingdom and meet princess jasmine.

It was the best day.

And I didn't want to go because I was scared of trying something new.

But you said it would be an adventure, and you were right.

Thank you, sofia.

Any time, amber.

OhThank you too, carpet.

Hey! What happened to you guys? WeGot a little lost.

You missed a great party! Well, we had quite the adventure.

Glad to hear it.

All right, let's head back to the palace for the concert.

There's a concert after the party? Yep.

That's the way we fly in tangu.

Follow me! Amber.

If you want to take the coach to the concert, that's fine with me.

Oh, I think it would be quicker to take the carpet.

Don't you? Ready for another adventure? Always! and if we take a chance and try to reach for the skies, any new adventure can be the ride of our lives the ride of our lives the ride of our lives