01x14 - The Amulet of Avalor

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Sofia the First". Aired: November 18, 2012 - September 8, 2018.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Animated series features Sofia, an ordinary girl who becomes a princess overnight when her mom marries the king.

01x14 - The Amulet of Avalor

Post by bunniefuu »

I was a girl in a village doin' all right then I became a princess overnight now I gotta figure out how to do it right so much to learn and see up in the castle with my new family in a school that's just for royalty a whole enchanted world is waiting for me I'm so excited to be sofia the first I'm findin' out what bein' royal's all about sofia the first makin' my way it's an adventure every day sofia it's gonna be my time sofia to show them all that I'm sofia the first Sofia: "the amulet of avalor" One, two, three, one, two, three I can't wait to dance at the ball tonight.

One, two, three, one, two, three Sofia, you can't go without your tiara.

And don't forget your shoes.

Cha cha, cha cha cha.

(giggles) oh! Wait, wait! One more thing! ( exhales ) There! Now you're all ready for the ball! What would I do without you? I guess you'd do all this stuff by yourself.

(giggles) that's not what I meant.

( knock on door ) Sofia? I have a surprise for you and your sister.

Really? What is it? Well, if I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise, now, would it? Now, come meet me in the hall and I'll show you.

See ya later! All right, but if his surprise happens to be made of carrot cake I'll bring you back a piece.

Come along, girls.

Your surprise is right this way.

I can't wait to find out what it is! Me either! Where are we? It's the castle jewel room, sofia! My favorite room in the whole kingdom! Wow! There are so many beautiful things in here! And every single one would look great on me! Well, I'm glad you feel that way, You can each pick out a jewel to wear to tonight's ball.

Surprise! Thank you so much! Yes, daddy! Thank you! Oh, but how will I ever choose? Should I pick these crystals, Or this ruby ring, or these.

Oh! ( screeching ) Ahh! Brahhh! What are those? The griffins.

I've never seen one before.

That's because they stay up here in the jewel room, They make perfect guards, because griffins love anything shiny-- Like gold and gems.

They're not the only ones.

He looks so Different.

Griffins are half-eagle and half-lion.

Notice how they have feathers and fur.

Hmm? He's so cute! Yes, this one's just a baby.

Whoo! Pretty jewel! Oh, thank you! Did you just thank the griffin? No, no.

I, uh, I was, uh, Thanking you for telling me about them.

Amber: The search is over! I found the perfect necklace.

It's beautiful! Now what are you going to choose, sofia? Hmm.

How about This bracelet? Hmm, nice choice! Your highness.

The royal guard is ready for your inspection.

Yes, constable myles, of course.

Come along, girls.

Nuhh! Huhh! Nuhh! This necklace makes my sparkly eyes look even more sparkly! It looks really nice on you, amber.

And I love this bracelet! I have an idea! What? Let's try on each other's new jewels.

You can try on my necklace, and I'll try on your bracelet.

It'll be like two surprises in one night! But then I'd have to take off my amulet.

So? When dad gave it to me He said it was a very special necklace, And I promised I'd never take it off.

Oh.

Well, it'd just be for a minute.

I don't know.

Just one itsy-bitsy little minute? OhOkay.

But just for a minute.

Hmmm.

Hmm? See, sofia? No big deal.

Oh, but that's a big deal.

( giggling ) ( low growl ) Okay, now let's change back.

(gasps) it's gone! What is? My amulet! Where'd it go? What are those? They look like scratches.

But how did they get there? I don't know, but I've got to find my amulet! Oh, don't worry.

I'm sure it just Fell on the floor.

Oh! (whimpers) Oh! Where is it? It's got to be in here somewhere.

I have to find it before the ball! I can't let dad see I lost it! I'll go get someone to help us look.

Clover! Mia! Robin! I can't find my amulet.

( chirping ) What did you say, mia? ( chirping ) I don't understand you either, robin! ( sniffing ) (gasps) it's because I don't have my amulet! It gave me the power to talk to animals, But now that the amulet's gone, so is the power! If I can't talk to you anymore, I don't know what I'll do! I just have to find my amulet.

Maybe you can help me search for it.

( distant scream ) What was that? I'll be right back.

All right, you two-- atten-hut! You can still understand me, right? Loud and clear! Then it is up to us to find that amulet! We've got paws and we've got claws.

We will search every nook and cranny of this room! Am I understood? Yes, sir! Count me in! Violet, what is it? What's all the screaming about? I heard it from the other side of the castle! The queen asked me to set the table for the ball, So I put the golden goblets here, here, and here.

But now they're gone, gone, and gone! Those scratches are just like the ones on my dresser.

What do you mean, scratches on your dresser? We saw some there after my amulet went missing.

Your amulet's missing?! Yes, james.

Try to keep up.

What is all the commotion? The golden goblets have gone missing! And so has sofia's amulet.

Hmm.

It appears we have a thief in the castle! Cool! A thief? I'll put all the guards on look-out.

We must find the thief before the guests arrive for the ball.

Don't worry, sofia.

The guards'll find your amulet.

I can't let dad see it's missing! I'm going to go look for the thief myself.

I'll help! Me too.

Okay.

I'll check upstairs, you check downstairs.

And I'll look outside.

Thanks, you guys! Hmm.

Ragweed.

Hemlock.

Thorny blackberries.

( caws ) no snacking! Or else we won't have enough for our evil potions.

Look, wormwood! It's princess sofia's amulet! How did that griffin get it? Well, no matter.

It's going to be mine soon.

And with the power of that amulet, Enchantia will be mine soon! ( caws ) okay, wormy, I'm going to put a freezing spell on that griffin, And when I do, you swoop in and grab the amulet.

Allaka zappy, allaka zace, Make this bird freeze into place! Uh-huh! ( caws ) Wormy! I'll unfreeze you! Allaka zabby, allaka zor, Make this bird frozen no more! ( cawing ) oh! Mark my words, you flying fur ball! That amulet will soon be mine! Who could have taken my amulet? Ooh! I have to get it back.

without my friends I feel so blue all alone and so upset but I know just what I must do I've got to get my amulet I finally hatched a brilliant scheme to catch that sneaky castle pet for he is drawn to things that gleam that's how I'll get that amulet it's more than a necklace to me for the magic within holds the key to sharing words with my dear birds oh, where could my amulet be? where could it be? I'll place the jewel upon the ground while high above my trap is set the cage will drop when he comes round that's how I'll get that amulet it's more than a necklace to me for the magic within holds the key to swipe the crown ( caws ) now please pipe down! as we await our victory our victory I feel like I've looked everywhere but I'm not giving up just yet the beast will fly into my lair and that's the way I'll get that's how I have to get Both: whatever it takes, I've got to get my amulet that amulet It's gotta be around here someplace.

( sniffing ) Ah, I think I smell something.

It's not in the flower vase.

Ahh.

Not in the cupboard.

Clover, you see something? Yes! Oh! Did you find the amulet? (gulp) half a leftover sandwich! ( squawks ) ( gasps ) What was that? It's one of the castle griffins! And he's got sofia's amulet! We'll see about that.

Yo, griffin! Pretty shiny thing right this way! Huh? Ohh! Whoa Got it! Whoa! Uh-oh! Give me that back! It's mine! Oh! Uhh! A little help here please! We're coming! Ow! Uh-oh.

Don't hurt him, clover! He's just a baby! Hurt him? What about us?! ( all grunting ) Got it! Ha ha! Uh-oh! Sorry! ( griffin laughs ) We better go tell sofia about the griffin! We can't tell sofia anything.

Yeah! She can't understand us! Then we'll just have to show her.

( whimpers ) Oh, this is perfect, wormy! When that griffin sees this sparkling diamond, He won't be able to resist himself! He'll try to snatch it, and We'll nab the griffin and the amulet In one fell swoop! Haw haw haw haw! Indeed! Now let's get his attention, right? ( cawing ) Where is he? ( griffin laughing ) Aha! Huh? What's that? He's coming.

Quick, hide! ( gasps ) Sparkly! I want it.

( purrs ) Now, let the fun begin.

Hmm? Oh, what is wrong with this wand? ( grunting ) No! Wait! No! Mine! Ha ha! No! Aahh! Ahh! This isn't over, griffin! Ohhh, merlin's mushrooms! Griffin: This is neat! Amber (in distance): Okay, amulet thief, Come out, come out, wherever you are Or else! No amulet thief here.

No, not here either.

Ooh! I need to hide.

Any luck? No, And I've looked everywhere! Ohh, this is one sneaky thief.

I'll find him.

Nothing gets past me.

Me neither.

I'll go check the library.

And I'll go check the parlor.

Hee hee! You are all about to see why I always win When we play charades.

Uh, when do we play charades? Hi! I still haven't found the amulet yet! Why is she yelling at us? We can understand her.

She just can't understand us.

They think a thief took it! ( chirping ) ( chirping ) Are you trying to tell me something? I--I don't understand what you're trying to say! But don't worry, I'll find my amulet soon.

I promise.

Sofia! Come quickly! And that's why you always win at charades huh? I was just warmin' up.

What is it? Mom's new tiara is missing.

It was here on my dressing table.

I looked away for a minute and Now it's gone! Look! More scratches! And there was also this feather.

Birds have feathers-- and paws that can scratch! Could a bird be taking everything? Everything? What else is missing? Roland: Oh, good.

Constable myles told me there's a thief in the castle.

A thief?! He took the golden goblets! And your tiara and sofia's amulet! Amber! Roland: What?! Your amulet's been stolen? I'm sorry, dad! I just took it off for a moment.

Miranda, the guests are starting to arrive.

Would you and amber mind going to greet them? I'd like to talk to sofia.

Of course.

I know.

I promised you I'd never take it off.

It's okay, sofia.

No, it's not.

It's a very special amulet.

I know! That's why I gave it to you.

But I never told you the story of how I came to choose that particular amulet.

You had just arrived at the castle And I wanted to give you something special.

I had chosen a lovely ruby necklace, And I was just about to pick it up When I caught something glowing out of the corner of my eye.

When I looked, I saw your amulet And remembered the stories my mother used to tell me about it, How it would watch over the princess who wore it.

And I thought, "that's exactly what a new princess like sofia needs.

" I know it sounds hard to believe, But it was almost as if the amulet chose you that day.

And if that's true, I'm sure it'll make its way back to you again.

So there's no need to worry.

You're not mad? Oh, I'm furious-- At whoever took your amulet.

But not you.

(laughs gently) never you, sofia.

Thanks, dad.

Our guards will find the scoundrel who took your amulet very soon.

Griffin: Look out below! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Cedric (laughing): Oh, little griffin.

You're not the only one who can fly.

( evil laughter ) Oops.

Safety first.

Whoa!!! Waahh-ha-ha! Hee hee ha ha ha ha! Hm? Hmm? Can't catch me! Ha ha! There you are! King roland the second And princess sofia.

Cedric (in distance): Whoooooa! Ahh ahh ahh! You can't outfly me forever! Soon I will have that amulet-- Whoa! Brrrr! Baahhh! Sorcerer coming through! Sorry, lads! Whoa-oh! Ohh! Ahh! Uhh! Blubbb.

Whoa, whoa! You're running out of castle, griffin! Griffin: This is fun! Whoa-oh! Ha ha! I've got you in my sights.

Uh-oh! Suction darts deployed! ( pop ) ohhh! Aaah! Whoo-hoo-hoo! Whoa! Oh! If you're going to drop something, drop the amulet! Ha ha ha ha ha! Uhhhh! Is that cedric? Come on! Yes yes yes! No no no! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Uh-oh Don't worry.

We'll find your amulet.

How? It's not like more clues will just land at our feet.

Cedric: Finnegan's fungus! (gasps) mr.

Cedric! Are you okay? (exhales) (gasps) my tiara! Cedric! Are you the one who's been stealing?! (onlookers gasp) Oh, wait, wait! Your majesty, I can explain! (cedric whimpering) a likely story.

Guards, seize him! No! No! Don't seize me! (cedric sobs) Look, amber.

Fur and feathers.

So? (gasps) wait! Mr.

Cedric didn't do it! He's not the thief! But princess sofia, he has your mother's tiara.

I-I was chasing the thief and he dropped it! He's telling the truth! And I know where the thief is.

There's your thief! The griffin! My amulet! Uhh! I believe this belongs to you, sofia.

I told you it would find its way back to you.

But how did you know he did it? I remembered how you said griffins are half-bird and half-lion, And today wherever things went missing, we found scratches.

From the griffin's claws! And feathers and fur, too.

You also said griffins love shiny things, And all the missing things were shiny.

Very clever, sofia.

(laughing) yes, well done! Now you know why we keep the griffin in the jewel room.

If he gets out, he'll grab any shiny thing in sight.

And now it's time for you to find your way back to the jewel room Where you belong.

We'll make sure he does, your majesty.

Oh, stop! That tickles! Ha ha ha ha ha! I heard him! Heard who? Um, no one.

Excuse me.

I'll be right back.

O-kay.

Hey, dad.

You think cedric would give me a ride in his flying machine? I don't know, james.

From the look of it, I think he's still working out a few kinks.

I got the amulet back! Say something-- anything! Well, you really gotta get better at charades, kid.

We were trying to tell you all about the griffin, but-- Oh, clover! I missed you all so much! Oh, us too! It's so good to hear your voices again.

Oh, I don't know what we'd do without you, kid.

Me neither.

I've got so much to tell you about.

Us too! It's been quite a day.

I have an idea.

Let's talk over dinner.

I'm sure dad won't mind a few extra guests.