01x19 - Princess Butterfly

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Sofia the First". Aired: November 18, 2012 - September 8, 2018.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Animated series features Sofia, an ordinary girl who becomes a princess overnight when her mom marries the king.

01x19 - Princess Butterfly

Post by bunniefuu »

I was a girl in a village doin' all right then I became a princess overnight now I gotta figure out how to do it right so much to learn and see up in the castle with my new family in a school that's just for royalty a whole enchanted world is waiting for me I'm so excited to be sofia the first I'm findin' out what bein' royal's all about sofia the first makin' my way it's an adventure every day sofia it's gonna be my time sofia to show them all that I'm sofia the first Sofia: "princess butterfly" Amber? Clio? James? Hmm.

Where is everyone? Sofia! (shivers) james! What's going on in here? We're setting up for the all hallow's eve costume ball.

( eerie music ) Wow! Here, let me help.

Oops! It's gonna be so much fun.

We all get to dress up.

And there's a costume contest.

Oh, that's the best part! Oh! Do you know what you're going to be? I'm going to be a fairy queen.

I'm going to be a leopard.

I'm going to be the winner, just like last year.

And the year before.

I lovewinning! And you're so good at it, amber.

Flora: Good morning, children! Fauna: Oh! Everything looks wonderfully spooky! Oh ho! This year's ball is going to be just, oh, Splendiferous! And to make it even more exciting, We're making a small change to the costume contest.

This year, you'll all have to make the costumes yourselves! Doesn't that sound fun? Um, you mean, our handmaidens Will have to make the costumes themselves? No, dear.

You are going to sew, stitch and craft Your own costume.

And so will clio, and hildegard, and sofia-- All of you! Ha ha ha ha! Us? Sew? Good luck, everyone! I can't wait to get started! ( thud ) ( panting ) Amber? Are you okay? No! I am not okay! I've never made a costume myself.

Sometimes I don't even dress myself! It's not that hard.

Don't worry.

Ohh.

Amber: Sofia's right.

Making a costume can't be that hard.

I mean, I'm a princess-- I can do anything.

( grunting, sighing) Oh! Oh! Hmmm.

Oh! Ohh! Amber? Everything okay? Why wouldn't it be? Um, if you need help sewing your costume, I could show you.

So the thread goes in that end.

Ohh! I'm doing just fine.

Thank you, though.

Okay.

Well, let me know if you change your mind.

Okay! I will! Bye! Okay.

Okay Okay, and Uhh! ( whimpers ) Oh! This is impossible! Ohh! Oh Miranda: Oh, what a beautiful costume, sofia! Hmm? It looks just like a swan! Sofia: Mm-hmm.

But silver! She made a silver swan? Miranda: Is that a swizzle stitch? Where'd you learn that? A swizzle stitch? What's a swizzle stitch? James: Look out! Dragon coming through! Mom, you taught me how to do a swizzle stitch before I could walk.

Whoa! Awesome job, sofia! Check out my dragon costume.

Ooh! Scary! But Shouldn't there be a tail? Oh.

This is just the front part of the dragon.

Zandar's the back.

So we each only had to make half the costume.

Brilliant, right? Sofia! You-- You made that? I know.

It's beautiful, isn't it? It's even better than my dragon.

Good luck toppin' that.

Hmph! Who needs luck when you have a sorcerer? ( cawing ) Aha ha ha! Caw! Hmm.

Cheater.

Cedric! Aahh! ( cawing ) Princess amber.

What are you doing here? I need your help, cedric.

What else would I be doing here? And I would love nothing more than to assist you, But alas, I'm terribly busy right now.

Don't worry, this won't take long.

All I need is a magic spell That will give me the most amazing butterfly costume In the whole world.

You want my help with a costume? Not just any costume-- the becostume.

For the school ball.

Oh, right, the ball.

Now, I had heard you were supposed to make that costume yourself.

If I did that, I'd never win! You have to help me, cedric.

I'd do anything to win that contest.

"anything," you say? On second thought, perhaps I can carve out A teensy bit of time for you after all.

Give me a moment, give me a moment.

Ah, yes.

Now, take these magic crystals, Sprinkle them on right before the ball, Say the words "lepidop leonitus," And the most glorious butterfly costume will appear.

"lepidop leonitus.

" Thank you, cedric.

My pleasure, princess amber.

Ta-ta.

I have just come up with the most brilliant plan to get sofia's amulet, And amber is the key! Caw? Oh, you will have to wait and see, my pet-- Wait and see.

Wow! Sofia! Sofia, you look so great! Thank you.

So do you all! Really? I'm supposed to be a leopard, But all my spots fell off.

Not all of them.

There's one.

Oh, no! You're still the best leopard here, clio.

Thanks.

It's the first time I made a costume myself.

I had fun, but it was not easy.

I just glued some old pieces of armor together, AndTa-da! Whoa! I-I'm okay.

Sofia! Hey, have you guys seen zandar? He completes me.

I think I saw a dragon's tail over by the band.

Thanks.

Sofia, where's amber? Putting on her costume.

She wanted to wait until we got to school.

What's she coming as? I don't know.

She wants it to be a big surprise.

(sighs) this better work.

Lepidop leonitus! Ha ha! Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Yes! ( giggling ) Flora: Time to judge the costumes! Oh, it's delightful! Very nice! Oh! Lovely costume, sofia! Thank you, miss flora.

Interesting.

Oh! I like that one! tonight we're really gonna jump and shout James! Has anyone seen james? You're gonna win the contest, sofia.

I just know it.

don't turn around 'cause it might be true who's that creepin' up ( all gasp ) Amber! Whoa! Awesome costume! Wow! Cool! Wow! Amber! You look just like a real butterfly! It's the best costume I've ever seen! Thank you.

Thank you.

Ooh, my! Ho ho ho ho! Very nice! Amber, your costume is amazing! And you made it all by yourself! I'm so proud of you.

Oh! Um Thank you.

Children! It's the moment you've all been waiting for.

We are going to announce the winner Of the all hallow's eve costume contest.

All: Ooh! Good luck.

And the winner is ( thud, clank ) jin: Uhh! Uh, I'm okay.

Ahem! And the winner is Zandar! James! Both: We're a dragon! Rrooaaarrr! Rrooaarrr! Oh, I see.

Thank you, boys.

All right, and the winner Is.

Princess amber! Oh! Ho ho! I'm the winner! ( cheers and applause ) I'm the winner! Congratulations, amber! Thank you! Mwah! Mwah! Oh, thank you all so much.

( cheers, applause ) mwah! ( all cheering ) Oh.

Another prize for me.

Now, now do I get this thing off? Hmm.

( grunting ) Hmm.

Maybe there's a zipper.

No.

( grunting ) Oh! Uhh! Oh, no! Whoa! Did I justFly? ( grunting ) ( snoring ) Mmmm-woo-woo-woop.

Cedric! Caw!!! King me!!!! UhhPrincess amber? Something's wrong with the costume! It won't come off! The costume! I-I think it's real! Noooo! Yes! Come here, let cedric have a look.

Caw? I knew it wouldn't come off.

It's all part of my plan.

Ow! Why, you're right! I can't imagine what went wrong! You have to help me! Oh, of course, of course, Right away! Hmm.

Hmm.

Hmm.

Hmm.

Hmm.

Hmm.

Aha! There is one potion that can undo the spell And remove the costume.

What is it? Well, it requires two dragon eggs, Four griffin feathers, and A gigantic purple jewel.

But wherever can I find a gigantic purple jewel? Oh.

I've got it! Princess sofia's amulet.

That jewel is purple-y perfect! So, if you can just get me your sister's amulet, I can surely fix your little problem.

Uh, I don't know.

She really loves that amulet.

Isn't there some other way? Nope.

None.

Well, Will she get it back? Oh, I'm afraid not.

See, I have to use it in the potion.

Oh.

Wait! Maybe I could go to the fairies instead.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no.

I wouldn't do that.

Then you'd have to tell them you cheated and used magic To make your costume.

Oh.

I definitely don't want to do that.

You see? This is the best way! But how would I even get the amulet? I can't just ask sofia for it.

Oh, amber, you're a very smart princess, The smartest princess in the castle.

Or at least I Thought you were.

I am! Well then, I'm sure you'll think of a way to get the amulet.

I'll get it.

Oh, wonderful! Then all of my-- I mean, your problems will be solved! Now hurry.

Run along.

( cawing ) Oh, wormy! The amulet of avalor, The most powerful object in enchancia, Will soon be mine! And once I have it in my hands, I'll finally have the power to take over the kingdom! We can't let anything go wrong now.

Follow amber and make sure She gets that amulet.

Aah! These wings really work.

Aaah! I better get that amulet before I take off And don't come back down.

Aaah! Sofia.

I have a great idea! Amber? Why are you still wearing your costume?? I thought it would be fun to dress up for school today.

And I was hoping you'd dress up with me.

I'll wear my award-winning butterfly costume, And you can wear my pixie costume from last year.

That's really pretty, but I don't-- Of course, you'll have to take your amulet off to get the costume on.

Here, let me help.

James: It's time for school! Okay, amber, you won.

We get it.

You don't need to rub it in.

Sheesh! We'd better go.

I'll dress up with you on another day, okay? ( sighs ) Why is she wearing her costume to school? ( cawing ) Clio, amber's still wearing her costume! Um, amber, Why are you still wearing your costume? That is an excellent question, clio.

Amber? Oh! Well You see, I love all hallow's eve so much I thought I'd celebrate it a little bit longer.

Well, I appreciate your spirit, But tomorrow I expect to see you in your proper school clothes.

Yes, miss flora.

Whaaaat?! Ohh! These wings! Everything all right? Yeah! Just great.

Ow! Hmm.

How am I going to get that amulet? Ohh.

Oh, sofia? Hi, amber.

Shouldn't you be in gym clothes? Uh, never mind that.

Can you show me how to go upside-down on the bars? It's really hard for me! Oh, sure.

Wow! Okay, now just hold it so I can see exactly what you're doing.

I'llTry.

Just another second.

Uhh! Amber, what are you doing? Nothing! OKay.

Oops! Aaaah! Sorry! I tripped.

I'm so clumsy.

And I've completely soaked your amulet.

Here, let me take it to the washroom to clean it up.

Okay, amber, what's going on? What do you mean? You never trip, and you never spill anything.

Are you trying to take my amulet? ( fake laughter ) oh, no! Why would I do that? Aah! Amber! You'reFlying? I know! Help me! How can your costume make you fly? Because it's not a costume! It's real! What?! Aaaah! What do you mean it's real? I didn't make my costume.

I used one of cedric's magic spells.

But something went wrong, and now the wings won't come off! It's like I'm part-butterfly! And cedric says the only way to undo the spell is with your amulet.

My amulet? I know it's a lot to ask.

More than you know! But cedric says without it I'll have these wings forever! I have no choice! It's justI told dad I would never take it off.

Aaah! Amber! ( sighs ) It doesn't matter why I need the amulet.

You need it more.

If it's the only way you can get better, Then it's yours.

Really? You would do that for me? Of course.

You're my sister.

( cawing ) Even though you'll never get it back? Yes.

Let's go to mr.

Cedric right now.

No.

Wait.

Caw? What? It's just not fair.

I'm the one who lied and cheated-- You shouldn't have to give up your amulet because I made a mistake.

Thank you so much for offering, but I can't take it from you.

( caws ) wormwood! No! Come back! I don't want to give it to cedric anymore! Sofia: He's not listening! I'm so sorry, sofia! This is all my fault.

But I'm going to get your amulet back.

How? He's flying away! He's not the only one who can fly.

Whoa! Whoa! This is harder than it looks! Hold on, amber! I'm coming to help you! Uh-oh! You can fly, but you can't hide! Minimus! I need your help.

( neighing questioningly ) Oh, I can't understand you because wormwood took my amulet! But we're going to get it back.

Come on! Gotcha! Hey! ( cawing ) Haw haw! Sofia! We've got to catch him! ( panicky cawing ) He's getting away! Maybe not.

Whoa! ( minimus neighs ) I know.

We can get in through there! ( minimus neighing ) Was that a bird? Was that a flying horse? Was thatAmber? You go that way, I'll go this way, And we'll corner him.

I hope it works.

( cawing ) Oh! Oh, my! Uh-oh! Sofia: Amber! Catch it! Got it! Shut the window, minimus! Cawwwww! You did it, amber! Here you go.

Thank you.

But How are you going to get rid of your wings now? Maybe we should take my amulet to mr.

Cedric.

No.

There's another way.

Ohh.

Miss flora, I have a confession.

And I can't wait to hear it.

IAm a butterfly.

( all gasp ) Whoa! What? A real butterfly? I used magic to make my costume.

Instead of making it myself.

Are you saying you Cheated?! Why ever would you do such a thing? BecauseI was jealous of sofia.

You were? Why? You had such a great costume, And I wanted to win the contest.

But I'm sorry.

I shouldn't be jealous of you, sofia.

I should be grateful, Because(sobs) You would do anything for me.

Well, we're very disappointed in you, amber.

Yes.

Very, very disappointed.

But happy to see that you've learned a few things from the experience.

Yes, yes.

Very, very happy about that.

Of course, you'll have to return the trophy.

Yes, miss flora.

I understand.

SoIs there any way that you canFix me? Of course, dear.

Ho ho! We can do anything.

Discitur discutorm, Now return to your true form.

Amber! You're back! So, next time, how about we make our costumes together? Oh! Great idea.

Then I'll win for sure! Amber! Just kidding.

Oh