02x05 - The Silent Knight

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Sofia the First". Aired: November 18, 2012 - September 8, 2018.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Animated series features Sofia, an ordinary girl who becomes a princess overnight when her mom marries the king.

02x05 - The Silent Knight

Post by bunniefuu »

I was a girl in a village doin' all right then I became a princess overnight now I gotta figure out how to do it right so much to learn and see up in the castle with my new family in a school that's just for royalty a whole enchanted world is waiting for me I'm so excited to be sofia the first I'm findin' out what bein' royal's all about sofia the first makin' my way it's an adventure every day sofia it's gonna be my time sofia to show them all that I'm sofia the first Sofia: The silent knight.

( grunting ) Nice move, sir maxwell! Hey! Did I miss anything? Only some incredible dueling By the best knights in the kingdom! ( gasps ) you're sir bartleby, aren't you? I can't believe I'm meeting my favorite knight! I'm your biggest fan.

Well, that was rude.

He didn't say one word to you! That's because sir bartleby's the silent knight.

No one's ever heard him talk, But everyone knows he's the bravest knight in the kingdom! Ah, I see the knights have arrived.

Why are they all here? Is there going to be a jousting match? Actually, james, they're here to prepare for the shield of valor ceremony tomorrow.

It's a special award we give to someone for being very brave.

Which knight is getting it, daddy? None of them.

Then who? ( horse whinnies ) ( chuckles ) en garde, you nutty knights! Your aunt tilly, that's who.

( grunting ) take that! Over there, behind you! ( laughs ) Whoa, look at her go! I hope she doesn't hurt herself.

I'd worry more about the knights.

Touché! En garde! Down low! Too slow! ( chuckles ) And that is why I never leave home without an umbrella.

Hi, there, baby brother.

Oh, I mean, king baby brother.

( chuckles ) Hello, little royals.

Hi, aunt tilly! Oh, it's so nice of you to have me over.

But really, there's no need to make a fuss.

Of course there is, tilly! You tamed the dreadful dragon of dashwood.

That's why your aunt is getting the shield of valor.

Whoa! I know, right? Very impressive, But turns out that dragon wasn't so dreadful, after all.

Just really nervous.

( chuckles ) So, I taught him how to knit, and he calmed right down.

You taught a dragon how to knit? Uh-huh, and crochet! He made me these scarves.

Oh, they look very Warm.

They are.

One's for me, And one's for the handsome adventurer of my dreams, If I ever meet him.

Oh, don't worry, tilly.

You'll find that special someone.

And he'll be great, just like you! Oh, that'll be whiz-bang.

But in the meantime, two scarves for me! ( all laugh ) ( trumpets playing ) ah, the trumpets! If you'll excuse me Esteemed knights of enchancia, It is time to rehearse the procession For tomorrow's ceremony.

To your horses! Oh, what a great idea! I think I'll go for a ride too.

Aunt tilly, shouldn't you be facing forward? Then how will I see what's behind me? Hi-ya! ( yells ) ( chuckling ) Oh, I remember when that happened, two seconds ago.

( chuckles ) this is fun! ( chuckling ) Aunt tilly, look out! ( neighs ) Whoo-ee! ( grunts ) oh! Why, thank you, My knight-in-not-so-shining armor.

I'm tilly.

Oh, I see.

You're the strong, silent type.

Are you all right? Oh, yes, I am just fine.

Uh, but next time, Uh, I'll ride forward and you'll ride backwards! ( snorts ) Are you okay, sir bartleby? What's wrong with him, sofia? I think he likes aunt tilly.

So? I mean, he really likes her.

Oh! I'll go find out.

Well done, men! ( gasps ) James, what are you doing? I wanna be a knight too! Becoming a knight takes years of training.

And first, you have to be a squire.

But dad, a squire just follows the knight around, and carries his stuff.

( chuckles ) a squire does much more than that! Pardon my interruption, your majesty.

It's okay, sir finnegan.

You're quite right.

Being a squire is an important job.

And the first step to being a knight.

Then I wanna be a squire.

Well, you're in luck, 'cause I need a new one.

A good squire is hard to find.

I must've gone through eight this week.

Hmm, so what do you say, james? Are you ready to be a squire? I sure am! Then hold my shield, little prince.

( grunts ) The name's prince james! Everyone knows that, little prince.

Let's move out! Sir bartleby? I was wondering if Well, I couldn't help but notice Do you like my aunt tilly? Wait! Don't go away.

It's okay if you do.

Aunt tilly's the best.

And she's always looking for someone to go on adventures with.

Maybe that could be you! So, do you like her? Do you? Do you? ( high-pitched voice ) I love her.

( gasps ) you talked? You can talk? I can, princess sofia.

I just don't like to.

Not with a voice like this.

So, I'll never be able to tell your aunt tilly how I feel.

You could try.

Oh, but she might laugh at me, And I couldn't bear that.

Don't worry, sir bartleby.

I'll help you show aunt tilly how you feel, Without having to say a single word.

You will? But how? Good question.

( gasps ) I know.

You can write to her.

Like a letter? Or a poem! Even better! Now, what rhymes with "dazzling"? Huh? Dazzling! I sharpened your sword, sir finnegan! Hmm.

Not bad, little prince.

But what about my other swords? ( stutters and sighs ) And why haven't you brought my horse? Because you didn't ask me to? That's no excuse! A good squire knows what his knight wants Before the knight knows he wants it.

Got it? Got it.

Good.

So what do I want next? Um, your helmet? No, a sandwich! You've got a lot to learn, little prince! You can call me "james.

" Still waiting for my sandwich, little prince.

Eh, grilled cheese would be great.

Don't forget to cut off the crusts! And shine my armor while you're at it.

( groans ) ( clears throat ) "perhaps it is the way you ride backwards on a horse, Or that you taught a dragon to knit instead of scorch.

" Oh, it's silly, isn't it? No, it's sweet.

No, it's silly.

There's aunt tilly.

You could give her your poem now.

( sighs ) okay.

( gasps ) my poem! Catch it! It's blowing away! ( grunts ) Whoa! Whee! Look at that! Summer sledding! Now, that's whiz-bang! ( grunting ) Dad, no! ( sneezes ) ( sniffles ) huh.

It's ruined! ( sighs ) Did you want something, sofia? I did, but never mind.

See you later, dad! Wait! Don't give up, sir bartleby.

I think you should just tell aunt tilly how you feel.

I'm afraid I can't do that, princess sofia.

( sighs ) not with this voice.

But there are other things we could try.

Like oh, a mighty knight is full of fight Who's that? It's sir maxwell.

He loves to sing.

a mighty knight is full of fight ( gasps ) that's it! If you won't talk to aunt tilly, Why don't you sing to her? ( sighs ) my singing voice Is even worse than my talking voice! Oh.

oh, with my helmet on my head and my trusty thoroughbred But maybe I could borrow sir maxwell's voice! I ride 'cross dusty plains singing sweet refrains What do you mean? I'll turn my poem into a song and have sir maxwell sing it! Only, he'll hide behind this bush.

Then I'll stand over here, and pretend I'm singing to tilly! Wouldn't it be easier to just sing the song yourself? With a voice like this? How can I? Trust me, princess sofia, this is a great plan! Mm, okay.

Let's go ask sir maxwell if he'll help.

oh, I shine this shield for the b*ttlefield Uh, excuse me.

Sir maxwell, can you do a favor for sir bartleby? What kind of favor, my lady? We need you to sing.

Well, in that case count me in ( imitating sir finnegan ) "still waiting for me sandwich, little prince.

" ( scoffs ) ( gasps ) ( sighs ) That's it.

I give up! ooh-hoo-hoo, try and catch up to my shadow Oh, where are you going, james? I'm quitting.

Quitting? All sir finnegan wants me to do is sharpen this and shine that.

It's boring and I'm not even good at it.

Oh, I suppose you thought being a knight was nothing more Than riding around on a horse, carrying a big sword? Yeah, and a big shield! Ah, well, being a knight is much more than that.

( grunts ) it's about being the first To head into dark, creepy woods to see what's lurking there.

It's about climbing to the tippy tops of icy peaks to battle snow monsters! Yeah! But you can't do any of that Without a well-saddled horse and clean armor.

And if you're wondering why sir finnegan is being so tough on you, Think about it.

Think of how tough a snow monster is going to be! He's training me to be a knight! Exactly! So, do you still wanna quit? No way! That's the spirit, my boy! Now, you better get polishing because you missed a few spots.

There you are, aunt tilly.

I couldn't find you anywhere.

Well, that's because I wasn't anywhere.

I was right here! There's a surprise for you in the garden.

Oh! Really? Well, we shouldn't keep it waiting then, should we? ma may mee mow moo ma may mee mow moo ma may mee mow moo-- Uh, your lady love approacheth.

Time for me to hide! Here's your surprise, aunt tilly.

Sir bartleby has a song he'd like to sing for you.

The silent knight sings? Well, that's something you don't hear every day.

Allyoop.

( chuckles ) ready when you are! All right.

A one, and a two, and a perhaps it is the way you ride backwards on a horse or that you taught a dragon to knit instead of scorch Is this about me? you have a special style How sweet! that makes me just want to smile Oh, my.

I hope I'm not too bold but I'd be one lucky fella if we took a stroll beneath your ol' umbrella we could spend a lovely day walking backwards down by the bay tilly, oh, tilly, you're so unique I'm on a quest and it's you that I seek I feel like a birdie who's just found its beak you make this silent knight want to speak Oh, you feel all that about little ol' me? I've spent my life fighting with a sword and a lance never once thinking of love and romance till I met you now all I can do is say tilly, oh, tilly, you're so unique I'm on a quest and it's you that I seek-- ( clears throat and coughs ) Oh! Hello.

Wait a minute.

It was you singing this whole time? Yes.

it was I So, did you really mean all those things you sang? Well, sir bartleby wrote the song.

Well, sir bartleby, was this some kind of a joke? Because if it was, it's, uh, not very funny.

Just tell her.

Yes, sir bartleby, tell me.

Well, okay.

Uh, I have to get ready for the banquet, So I'll leave you two to your shenanigans.

I'm sorry, sir bartleby.

Perhaps a little fencing practice will take your mind off things.

Don't worry.

I'll think of another way to help you with aunt tilly.

Oh, sofia, it's time to get dressed for the banquet! In a minute.

I'm trying to help sir bartleby.

You can help him after you change.

We have to put on our gowns and dancing shoes.

There's going to be dancing tonight? Mm-hmm.

( gasps ) I've got it! You want me to dance with tilly? Yes! At the banquet tonight.

But I can't dance! Sure you can! I saw the way you moved your feet when you were fencing.

It's just like dancing.

No, it's not! Yes, it is! Come on, I'll teach you the royal reel! Move your feet like this.

See? Hop right, hop left.

Now, clap.

Now, spin around.

You got this, come on! You're doing great! Now, go back the other way.

Ha! I think I'm getting the hang of this! You sure are! Dancing's the perfect way To have fun with aunt tilly, without saying anything.

Go, sir bartleby! Woop, woop! ( chuckles ) James? Oh.

Hi, dad.

Shouldn't you be getting ready for the banquet? I'm not going.

You're not? I have too much work to do.

After I finish the armor, I have to clean sir finnegan's saddle and sword.

Well, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you took a little break.

Yes, he would.

But that's okay.

This is what I have to do if I wanna be a great knight, one day.

Huh! You're absolutely right.

( chuckles ) Here we are! And there's tilly.

And he's really a very sweet dragon.

When he's not setting everything on fire.

( laughs ) I wish I could talk to her.

At least you're going to dance with her.

Ready? No.

But I'll do it anyway.

Now's your chance.

Good luck! Oh.

Hello, sir bartleby.

Ah, the royal reel.

I love this dance.

Are you asking me to dance? Why, I'd love to! My, aren't you light on your feet! Where did you learn to dance so well? Oh, silly me.

You don't talk.

( grunts ) ( both yelling and grunting ) Uh-oh! I'm sorry.

Sir bartleby! Did you say something? ( gasps ) Oh, well, that was one way to sweep a girl off her feet! ( chuckles ) Wait! It wasn't as bad as you think! It was worse! I give up! It was silly to think she would love me, with a voice like this.

Perhaps I'm just meant to be alone.

Little prince! Where is my armor? Right here, sir.

I meant, why isn't my armor on me? Honestly, little prince, you've got to be more-- Done, sir! Not half bad.

But where is my-- Sword.

And my-- Shield.

Okay.

But have you got my-- Your horse is saddled up and ready to go! Perfectly groomed horse.

Sparkling armor.

Sword is nice and sharp.

Impressive work.

I'm ready for the ceremony.

Well, aren't you coming? What do you mean? I want everyone to see my excellent squire riding at my side.

( gasps ) really? Thank you, sir finnegan! You're welcome, prince james.

I don't think you should give up, sir bartleby.

You're the bravest of the brave.

So they say.

You've fought ogres and giants, and who knows what else! If you were brave enough to do all that, Then I know you can be brave enough to tell aunt tilly how you feel.

No matter what your voice sounds like.

It's not the same kind of bravery.

No.

This kind is harder.

Sir bartleby, don't be afraid to be yourself.

( trumpets playing and crowd cheering ) Good morrow, everyone.

We are here to honor the duchess matilda, With the shield of valor award, For her bravery taming the dreadful dragon of dashwood.

( cheering and applause ) Oh, whiz-bang.

Thanks, everyone.

Now then, to present the shield of valor, I'd like to call up our kingdom's Most decorated knight, sir bartleby! ( cheering and applause ) You can do it.

Tell her.

My dear duchess matilda ( all gasp ) He can talk? Yep.

I, I Um, uh I think you're wonderful.

Oh.

You do? He does? If I have been acting strange, It is only because being around you makes me very happy.

You don't say.

( chuckles ) I've wanted to tell you how I feel, But I didn't because Well, because I was afraid of what you'd think of my voice.

Your voice? I love your voice! Why? Why, I've never heard anything like it.

And I love one-of-a-kind things! You are one-of-a-kind! And you are whiz-bang! Uh, is that a good thing? It's the best thing! Then if I may, It would be my honor to give you a tour Of the enchanted forest sometime.

Why wait for sometime, when we can go now? Well, then, whiz-bang! May I present to you the shield of valor.

( cheering and applause ) Thank you for all your help, princess sofia.

You're welcome, sir bartleby.

Sir bartleby, I thought you preferred riding shields.

Good point! ( trumpets playing ) Wait! I almost forgot something.

Now we're ready! ( both laughing ) See you later, aunt tilly! Bye, dear.

See you soon.

And thank you for the sled, roland! I mean shield! It looks like aunt tilly found her special someone.

But he does have an odd voice.

I didn't notice.

( chuckles )