01x01 - Nanami Becomes a God

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Kamisama Kiss". Aired: August 20, 2015 – August 19, 2016.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Nanami was just a normal high school girl down on her luck until a stranger's lips marked her as the new Land God and turned her world upside down.

01x01 - Nanami Becomes a God

Post by bunniefuu »

A tired girl starts her day onnanoko hajimemashita With a sigh like the moan of a violin tameiki wa bioron no shirabe ni nite A cherry bursts in her mouth akai mi hajikechatta This was before we had met mada anata wo shiranai This is the first time I've ever felt like this konna koto hajimetette manazashi wa aku no hana sakimidarete mo I could see that your pretty eyes were filled with contempt But I had to go home ie e to tsuzuku Even at the bus stop, you gave me the cold shoulder basu sutoppu demo anata wa tsurenai The fireworks in the sky pulse karameta hanabi myaku utsu koi no shiruetto In a silhouette of love karui mahou With a little magic, Two sets of lying lips usotsuki na kuchibiru Lock together sou kasaneteru ano ne You see God nee kamisama warui ko ni naritai yo I'd like to be a naughty girl ii ko ni shiteru kara I'm tired of being good So, please onegai dayo It's for a good reason zurui koto sasetoite ii koto shitai nara So let me be bad for once sukaato hirogaesu shite By flipping my skirt sugu kaeru yo I'll be back soon It looks like Saturday is going to be sunny doyoubi wa haresou da kamisama hajimemashita God, it has already started High school student Momozono Nanami is the heroine of our story.

Momozono Nanami, 17 years old Momozono Nanami, 17 years old Momozono Nanami, 17 years old Momozono Nanami, 17 years old Momozono Nanami, 17 years old Momozono Nanami, 17 years old old She used to be quite lively and beautiful.

However, right now, she is weary.

Given that her father is addicted to gambling, As long as I have my 10,000 horse power, I don't care about debt.

As long as I have my 10,000 horse power, I don't care about debt. As long as I have my 10,000 horse power, I don't care about debt.

about food?! Hey! What about food?! As long as I have my 10,000 horse power, I don't care about debt.

Hey! What about food?! As long as I have my 10,000 horse power, I don't care about debt.

and he has ruined the family's finances, Hey! What about food?! Hey! What about food?! As long as I have my 10,000 horse power, I don't care about debt.

As long as I have my 10,000 horse power, I don't care about debt.

Hey! What about food?! Hey! What about food?! As long as I have my 10,000 horse power, I don't care about debt.

Hey! What about food?! You're freakin' deadbeat dad! Hey! What about food?! As long as I have my 10,000 horse power, I don't care about debt.

Hey! What about food?! As long as I have my 10,000 horse power, I don't care about debt.

You're freakin' deadbeat dad! You're freakin' deadbeat dad! As long as I have my 10,000 horse power, I don't care about debt.

You're freakin' deadbeat dad! Hey! What about food?! You're freakin' deadbeat dad! it's understandable that she's like this.

She can't even eat the same kind of food her friends eat for lunch.

More bad luck...

On top of all that, she was evicted.

More bad luck...

Please leave.

o You are being evicted from your apartment.

Huh?! Please leave.

o Huh?! Please leave.

o You are being evicted from your apartment.

What?! Huh?! You are being evicted from your apartment.

Please leave.

o Please leave.

o Huh?! Huh?!! You are being evicted from your apartment.

You are being evicted from your apartment.

o Huh?! Where's my dad? Where's my dad? Farewell Letter (back) Where's my dad? Huh?! Huh?! Huh?! Huh?! Huh?! Huh?! Huh?! Huh?! Huh?! Huh?! Huh?! I'm going on a trip.

Please don't look for me.

-Dad Huh?! I'm going on a trip.

-Dad Her dad had already moved out and ran off somewhere.

Huh?! I'm going on a trip.

-Dad I'm going on a trip.

-Dad Huh?! Huh?! I'm going on a trip.

-Dad Huh?! And so, our pitiful Nanami was thrown out onto the streets.

What's in store for her now? By the way, this show isn't a tragedy.

It's a romantic comedy.

May you find good fortune.

Nanami becomes an Earth Deity Damn my deadbeat dad! deadbeat dad Damn my ! deadbeat dad ! Damn my Damn my Someone deadbeat dad ! Someone deadbeat dad ! Damn my Damn my deadbeat dad ! Someone ! deadbeat dad Damn my Damn my ! deadbeat dad Someone ! Someone Damn my ! Someone Someone Someone Someone Someone Someone Someone Someone Someone Someone help me! Get that dog away! Shoo! Shoo! Thanks for saving me! I thought I'd come back after all these years When I got here, a dog started chasing me! Are you not good with dogs? Quite.

I guess I'm not really welcome here.

Do you live in this town? Y-Yes, but I lost my home.

blah blah blah blah blah blah Mm-hm So, she explained her situation.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah What? Your father left you his debts? You must hate him for running away.

Yeah Unfortunately, I left my home too.

Huh? It's been decades.

I wonder what everybody's doing now.

Tomoe will probably knock my teeth out if I show my face.

Tomoe? Is she his wife? But, you have a home to go back to, right? Huh? I mean, look at me, I don't even have that much! You can have mine, then.

Huh? The house can't be left empty for too long.

If you're willing to move in, that'd be a load off my shoulders.

Besides, I think it's a better fit for you.

Please go to the address on this paper.

Just say that Mikage sent you.

I'm sure he'll welcome you as his new master.

E-Excuse me "New master"? I don't have anywhere else to go anyway.

It's probably a prank, but I might as well go.

Run Run Run Run Down Run Run Down Run Down Run Down Down Run Down Run Down Down Down Down It was a prank.

Down Down Run Run Down Run Down Down Run Run Down I'll never trust another adult again! Mikage-sama! Welcome home, Mikage-sama.

Huh? What was that? Mikage-sama.

A ghost! Is that you, Mikage? Where have you been all this time? You made me watch over the house for 20 years.

I'm gonna freakin' k*ll you! Hey, this ain't Mikage.

No way! Tomoe-dono, look! She has the Earth Deity's seal on her forehead.

Her spirit feels like Mikage-sama's too.

But she's not Mikage.

Hey, girl.

Who are you? A demon temple?! I walked into a demon temple! A demon temple?! A demon temple?! A demon temple?! Tomoe-dono.

Well, this bad handwriting is his all right.

A man told me to come here since I didn't have anywhere to stay.

He's Tomoe? He looks like a model The man you met was the local Earth Deity.

The fact that he has given you ownership of this temple means that you've inherited his role as the Earth Deity.

Huh? Oh, what a joyous day! The Earth Deity has returned! We must prepare a feast immediately.

Please enjoy this meal, Earth Deity.

Eat, eat! Hold it! What? What? I'm the Earth Deity? Like, a goddess? But I'm Momozono Nanami, a high-schooler, a human being! When did I became a deity? The exact moment you received this seal on your forehead! The seal on my forehead? That kiss That was a seal? This kid is supposed to be a deity? What can a filthy girl like you do?! Collect offerings or, at best, weed the garden, right? I refuse to accept her! But she has Mikage-sama's blessing! I don't need her! Get her out of here.

Wait! You're being really rude, you know that? Actually, who the heck would want to make an offering at a rundown temple like this? I refuse to stay in this temple.

Don't say that, Nanami-sama! No! No! No! You're welcome to stay here! Either she goes, or I go.

Tomoe-dono.

I only serve Mikage.

I have no intention of serving her.

You can just replace me with any old stray dog.

Hey, wait! What? Well For now, could you let me stay the night? With pleasure! Man, what a dream! My father ran away, I got evicted from my house Then I got lost, and some guy gave me his house.

When I went, it turned out to be a rundown temple.

And then they kept saying I was the Earth Deity.

I was like, "What?" Then a really rude demon named Tomoe said that he wouldn't accept it.

What a dream! Good morning, Earth Deity! Without further ado, there are some things we'd like you to do.

Which are? The duties of the Earth Deity! First, sweep the yard.

Clean the dirt off of the walls.

Rake the leaves into a neat pile! Next, wipe the floor.

After this comes weeding! This is a god's job? Excuse me, but I never said I'd be the Earth Deity.

W-What are you saying? There is no one besides you to protect this temple now that Tomoe-dono is gone! We, Onikiri and Koutetsu, have served this temple for many years.

And we shall serve you too, Nanami-sama! Order us as you like! By the way Yes? Who is Tomoe, anyway? He is a prophet that served Mikage-sama.

"Profit"? No, like a divine servant.

He used to be a fox demon.

Fox Demon He was chosen in place of the Dog Deity.

Since Mikage-sama hates dogs.

I knew that last part.

I guess I can think of it as earning my keep.

Ouch! You can't even pull weeds properly.

Wow, you're useless.

What? I thought you left.

I don't think you have what it takes to be an Earth Deity.

Why don't you run home before it's too late? I don't have a home to go back to.

Hmm? They kicked me out because of my dad's debts.

Who cares? What was the point? Ugh, I'm b*at! They said I'm supposed to be a god or something, but it feels like they're just using me.

Please, Huh? watch over my daughter when she gives birth.

I heard a voice.

Was that her voice? Indeed! That was the prayer of a believer.

It's the job of the Earth Deity to hear the prayers of people who make offerings.

Yes, this is your next job! Please read all of these.

What are these? The list of prayers from the last 20 years.

Twenty years?! Tomoe-dono wrote them down, so Mikage-sama could look through them upon his return.

In his absence, the number of believers has dwindled.

But thanks to Tomoe-dono, who looked after the temple, there are still believers who often make offerings, like the old lady just now.

What you did today, was what Tomoe-dono has been doing this whole time.

No wonder.

His handwriting is so neat Everything is so detailed.

Please! Please, hear my prayers.

Actually, who the heck would want to make an offering at a rundown temple like this? Do you understand now, Nanami-sama? Yeah, I understand.

I understand that I'm not cut out to be a deity.

Huh?! I'm just a girl in high school with no powers.

We'll be back soon! We're back! But But? I want to set things straight.

It seems that I misunderstood him.

I want you two to take me to him.

But He's probably in the "other" world right now.

The other world? The Other World The other world, located in the depths of the shadowy jungle, is guarded by total darkness at its entrance.

A world residing between ours and the underworld where demons roam freely.

Adjoining our world, it harbors darkness so black that a single peek will make you lose your way.

This is the demon world.

Tomoe-dono! Tomoe-dono, where are you? You're too loud, Onikiri, Koutetsu.

Tomoe-dono, so this is where you were.

Do you have any business with me? Tomoe-dono.

Tomoe-dono, how pitiful! You're a divine messenger, yet you've stooped to drinking while the sun is still high! Leave me alone.

Tomoe-dono, change your clothes immediately! You two, get out! I can't believe these two! You two the ones who should leave! I agree.

Return to the temple.

Tomoe-dono, you still won't accept her as your master? Are you fine with the temple collapsing? I don't care if the temple crumbles.

I don't care anymore.

In fact, I'm relieved that I don't have to to be a divine messenger anymore! I'm going to do whatever I want from now on.

Tomoe-dono, Nanami-sama said that she wanted to talk to you.

So she's here now.

What?! You have a home to go back to, and that's how you treat the temple? Doesn't it mean anything to you?! Goodbye! Huh! Nanami-sama! Why did you bring her here? She insisted Who the hell brings normal humans here?! She's not just a human, she's our Earth Deity.

That's even worse.

What's with him? He's all bark and no bite! I don't care if the temple crumbles.

I can't believe he'd say something like that! Girl, are you the human who's the new Earth Deity at Mikage's shrine? We'd heard that Mikage gave up being the Earth Deity, but we never thought his replacement would look as tasty as you do.

Screw it! Let's gobble her while she's fresh! No! Nanami-sama! Wait up! Oh, it's Tomoe.

Can we eat that girl? I hope you're not here to stop us.

You can just eat her.

You don't need my permission.

Are you sure? Thank you! But you caught me in a bad mood.

A powerless girl entrusted with the powers of a land god If I had to compare her to something, she's like a duck given leeks and a pot and told to cook itself.

Though, it's not my business anymore.

This should be far enough.

At least, we think it is.

Nanami-sama, please go back to Tomoe-dono.

Huh? We need him to become your divine messenger, no matter what.

No, I'm good.

I don't need him.

I'm going home now.

But, Nanami-sama! If you get him to make a contract, he has to obey your every word.

Huh? Obey my every word? Is that true? Yes, it's one of the special powers of the Earth Deity.

Oh? This is interesting.

And how should I go about making this contract? About that, all you have to do is kiss him! If you can manage that, he'll be your loyal servant.

He will do anything you ask him.

Huh? Nanami-sama? Nanami-sama! They're trouble in disguise! What are those two trying to make me to do? I'm going home.

I'm going straight home.

They're unbelievable! Wait, Miss, Huh? could you give me a hand here? Huh? Nanami-sama, where are you? I'd stumbled on that tree's root.

Where do you live? Nanami-sama! Nanami-sama! Granny, is your house this way? You're headed in the right direction.

Nanami-sama! Are you hurt? She's coming! She's the demon hag! Let's get out of here, Nanami-sama! I won't let you escape! Let me eat you! Eating an Earth Deity is worth a thousand years of life! Koutetsu actually tastes bad.

It's not her! Where is the girl? Tomoe-dono! Koutetsu has called for Tomoe-dono.

When he comes, you should form the contract with him.

No way! No way in hell! Then, please take this.

What's that? A warding talisman.

Warding talisman? It's another one of your powers as an Earth Deity.

If you write something and point it at your foes, the word takes form, becoming what you wrote.

Really? Sign on the paper: Giant Guardian Deity Turn into a giant guardian deity! Um, Nanami-sama, the charm can't be more powerful than you.

You should've said that in the first place! I only have two more! Bon appétit! Nanami Nanami You little brat! Only one left! Did she get eaten yet? Tomoe-dono, please save Nanami-sama! Not yet, I see.

Tomoe, save me! Maybe I should see what she looks like when she's crying.

This is too high! Nanami-sama, hurry up! I found you, little girl! She's closing in on us! Nanami-sama! Nanami-sama! Nanami-sama! Looks like you're in a bind, Nanami.

Once I heard that you were in trouble, I flew right over Tomoe! to watch you from above, that is.

Wha? Let me go! Do you want me to save you? You want my help, right? If you cry and beg, and admit that you were a fool, I might consider helping you.

W-Who'd want help from you? Nanami-sama, repeat after me, "I was a fool!" I don't wanna! Ask for his forgiveness.

I don't wanna! Tomoe-sama, please! I said no! He'll help you if you say just one of them.

Right, Tomoe-dono? Oh, yeah.

As long as you say one, I'll help you.

Now, go.

Nanami-sama, say it! I don't wanna! Nanami-sama, say it! I don't wanna! Nanami-sama! I won't say it.

I'd rather do this than grovel at the feet of someone like him! You idiot! You could've just said it, you know? Are you going to let your stubbornness get you k*lled? Unite, and forthwith ye shall Tomoe, save me! Crap! Nanami-sama, you're a bona fide deity of the land now! What have you done to my prey? Come down, you damn hag.

Thanks to you, I'm a divine servant again! How long did I wait for my freedom? What do you have to say for yourself? Why you you I'm just a frail, old lady! What are you doing?! Frail? He doesn't look very heroic right now.

You think you're funny? Tomoe What? Thanks for saving me.

ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah Let's go back to the temple, Tomoe! ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah kamisama onegai da Please, God boku no I I want to meet her ano hito ni aitai no sa ah ah ah ah ah ah ah kamisama tsurain da God, I'm in pain kyou mo mata nou ni Because, she konakatta didn't come today either.

onegai ga aru no kamisama I have a request, God boku wo tasukete Please, save me ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah kamisama mou osoi God, it's too late for me Because she's ano ko wa Next Episode Preview A certain celebrity transferred into Nanami's high school.

All the girls are going wild for him.

But he has a certain supernatural air about him.

Next Time: "The Targeted Goddess.

" The Targeted Goddess Someone's after her, eh?