01x12 - You Look Like You're Having Fun

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Fruits Basket". Aired: 5 July 2001 – 27 December 2001.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Tohru Honda is 16 year old orphaned girl who gets invited to live in the house of her classmate, the handsome boy Sohma Yuki, and his cousins, 16 year old Kyo and 27 year old Shigure.

01x12 - You Look Like You're Having Fun

Post by bunniefuu »

I was so very happy when you smiled at me, A smile that melted everything away.

Spring is still far away, and within the cold ground, I awaited the time when sprouts would put forth their buds.

Even supposing today there may have been some pain, And though the scars of yesterday remain, You can go on living as much as your heart wants to believe.

You cannot be born again, although You can go on changing yourself, and so Let's stay together, always.

I'm Honda Tohru.

This year, on Valentine's Day, I was able to prepare some chocolates, and give them to those people who have looked after me.

And then, Momiji-san, if you can believe this, gave me a trip to a hot spring as a present on White Day! And so, on that White Day, we departed on our "Carefree Hot Spring Steam Trip.

" Say, Tohru, look, look! A mountain! Yes, a mountain.

--A river! --Yes, a river.

--A field! --Yes, a field.

Tohru, it's a good thing the sky is clear, huh?

Yes! Right, Yuki and Kyo?

Yeah.

Somehow, the two of you seem like dark clouds billowing around.

Um, Yuki-kun and Kyo-kun, thank you both so much for coming with me.

I'm sure you must have had other things you wanted to do, and matters to take care of.

Nothing in particular.

That's why I came.

Don't bother worrying about that.

Right It's been a long time since I went to the hot spring.

I'm glad I could come.

Yuki and Kyo, both of you don't like the cold, so you love the hot springs, huh?

Mm-hmm.

We'll be at the inn very soon, so let's have as much fun as we can, right Tohru?

Right! But, I can't help but already being enjoying myself In return for my valentine, I get to go with everyone on a hot spring excursion.

On top of that, to be picked up and taken there in such an extravagant charter bus I feel as if I had become a princess! If Tohru is the princess, then I will be the prince! Hey, hey, you're sure getting yourself worked up over a simple trip to the hot spring, huh?

We're just about there.

Sohma Hot Springs Wow, what a lovely inn! It's even more lovely inside, Princess Tohru! Surrounded by all this, it's as if I had become a princess or something! If Tohru is a princess, I will be her lord! Keep it up.

Well then, I shall be back to pick you up tomorrow.

Mm-hmm, thanks a lot! Bye-by~e! H- how good of you to come Um, this is the hostess, the Mesho-san.

It's pronounced "Okami," you know.

A- are you all right?

Are you not feeling well?

Make yourselves comfortable!! Okay! The Mesho-san is also one of the Sohma.

However, because she is frail, she lives here, both for the medical benefits and because it is the Sohma's facility.

Is that so?

I am sorry to have startled you.

Um, please don't overexert yourself! Your health is the most important thing there is, after all.

My, my, what a kind girl you are.

Thank you.

I wish we could not have Master Shigure here as well.

I wonder if he is busy with work.

Is he any age to still be called "Master Shigure!?

" He said he had deadlines on two books coming up.

You are the only guests we are having today, and we could have had such a leisurely time of it.

I understand that the Hostess-san is from the Sohma family, but I wonder if she knows about the zodiac.

Could this madam be another member of the zodiac?

Now then, we have arrived at your room.

Wow, it's so big! I had the best room we have prepared for you.

Tohru! Come over here, they have a fantastic garden! Wow! It's so pretty! I'm impressed! About how big is this all put together?

I dunno! Know what?

That forest over there, and that mountain as well, it's all Sohma property! All of it is?

Mm-hmm! A~Il of it! I- it sounds like it would be worth it to take a walk.

Every so often, we have those who do not come back from their walks.

Tohru, you're supposed to laugh.

Oh, that was a joke?

Sure it was.

I mean, after all That's okay, Tohru.

Everybody has been found safely.

Sohma search parties are made up of nothing but pros! Y- you even have to send out search parties!?

Tohru, you were supposed to laugh there, too! Oh, I guess so, huh?

Tohru-san, your room will be next to the masters' room.

Ah, okay.

Hey! You didn't, by any chance, put me in the same room as that damn Yuki?

You two get along as poorly as ever.

Please do not worry, you can divide the room with sliding doors.

That's not what the problem is! How come even in this inn, Yuki and I-- You're just saying that, Kyo, because I'll bet you want to sleep in the same room as Tohru! So despicable.

That's not the reason I said so! Dammit, Momiji, you and your-- Kyo-chan! How can this be!?

For you to think that it would be fine for you to share a room with a young woman! Here I thought that even if you if you are a cat, I thought that you yourself were a good boy! Since when did you become such a lecherous boy!?

This is ho~orrifyi~ng!! You're the one who's horrifying! I will apologize in place of you! I will apologize to the whole world! I am so-rry I am sorry I will apologize in place of you! I will apologize to the whole world! I am so-rry I am sorry I am so~rry I was so~o lascivious! I am so so~rry!! I am so-rry I am sorry Fine! I'll stay in the same room as Yuki, already! Whee! Lechery, lechery! Is she really all that frail?

So then, enjoy yourselves.

Finally, it's quiet! There's still time before dinner, so let's take a bath, Tohru! Okay! Let's take it together! Okay! You're the most lecherous of all.

How come?

Um, but Momiji-san is still so little and all, I Oh!?

What are you talking about!?

Hon-- I'm going in, I'm going in!! Momiji You shouldn't insist so much on your own way.

We didn't bring Honda-san here to give her any trouble, right?

Mm-hmm, I get it.

But at night, we'll sleep together, okay?

He doesn't get it.

Incredible, this is my first open-air bath! It looks as though Momiji-san might just go swimming here.

He is swimming.

Let's see, okay now Ta-da!! What do you think, Mother?

Does this feel good?

I'm going to do that again! Momiji! Why you, get in and be quiet! Tohru! How's the water!?

What do you think you're doing, you dummy?

But, but, Tohru is all by herself, and she's bored! I know! Say, Tohru, let's sing a song together! If we do that, it will seem like we're all in here together, and it will be more fun, I'm sure of it! A- a song?

Yeah, sing something! Um, I don't know very many songs, I'm afraid.

Well then, I'll sing! ?

In the mountains at sundown, brightly, brightly comes Momiji, ?

?

The frogs and the lizards all say, "Good day to you.

" ?

?

The koi's-- What was that?

It's my song.

I made it up.

Couldn't you come up with something a bit more serious?

Say, say, sing! Tohru, you sing too.

?

In the mountains at sundown, brightly, brightly comes Momiji, go! ?

?

I- in the mountains at sundown, brightly, brightly comes Momiji, ?

?

" ?

--Why frogs and lizards?

?

" ?

--Hey, stop with that song.

?

" ?

?

" ?

--This is driving me crazy! ?

" ?

?

?

" ?

?

The koi's leftover bits can still be used in the boiled herring stew.

?

?

?

The frogs and the lizards all say Tohru-san?

I! Thank goodness.

You've come around, then?

You collapsed during your bath.

It's easy to become dizzy here at our hot spring.

My Mother! Here.

Do you mean this photograph?

It was securely wrapped in this vinyl, so it appears to have not gotten wet.

Thank goodness! Um, it would appear that I have put you to some trouble, and I beg your pardon.

It is outrageous that I would have a guest apologize to m~e!! I- I- I- I should have given a word of warning in advance that it was easy to become dizz~y!! I am embarrassed to call myself a hostess and yet be unable to fulfill my duties!! If there were a hole here, I would like to climb in!! I'm so so~rry!! You'll have to excuse me.

N- not at all.

What do you have there?

Ah, right This is my mother, who passed away last year.

Oh, my I wanted to allow Mother to enjoy the hot spring as well, so that's why I My, what a nice story! Tohru! Are you okay?

Yes! I'm completely okay now.

Really, thank you so much.

W- w- wow! What an incredible feast! There are so many treats here, all piled up! I wonder if we can eat all this.

I'll start serving the rice right away.

No! Tohru, today you are a princess, so I will do it! Okay.

Here, Tohru! Uh, thank you very much.

Can you eat all that--?

What the hell are you doing!?

Today Tohru goes first! Well, Honda-san, let's eat.

Right.

"I humbly accept.

" Now, don't hold back! W- what should I do?

I'm so happy, but it's actually making me more anxious.

Very well then, I will have this one I- I got it! It's delicious! Well then, "I humbly accept.

" Tohru, eat your fill, okay?

Please excuse me.

The head chef insisted on paying his respects to the young masters.

It 'as been a long time.

'ow does the flavor suit you?

Fine! Very delicious, just as it always is.

So delicious, it's fit for a king! Excuse me a moment!! T- too cold!! T- t- t- this is inexcusable! I thought I 'ad seen to it that the cuisine to be served to the masters 'ad the 'ot things 'ot, and the cold things cold!! It is entirely due to my incompetence that such a lukewarm item was served to you! 'aving come to this, I 'ave but to slice my belly open to offer my apologies! No!! It was my blunder for bringing it here! I am so so~rry! --No, it was me! --No, it was me! By any chance, are those two?

Mm-hmm, they're cousins.

It's amazing, the genetics The steam sure is nice.

I know! As long as I'm here, I'll try going out open-air bathing once again! It's easy to become dizzy, so this time I will be more careful.

Huh?

"Exclusively for persons prone to dizziness" That's very kind of them! Here.

Is that too cold, Mother?

However, you could get wet, so this time you'll have to put up with staying there, please.

My, my Hostess-san How is the water?

I just posted that sign there a little while ago.

Once again, together with your mother, I see.

You truly are most kind, Tohru-san.

No, not at all Earlier, I missed the chance to tell you that in fact my own child, like Master Yun-chan and the others, is one of the zodiac.

He is possessed by the spirit of the Monkey.

When I first heard secondhand about you, Tohru-san, in all honesty, I was uneasy.

I worried that by having a person outside the Sohmas learn of the secret of the zodiac, the mental wounds of my child, as well as the young masters, would grow even deeper.

However, I apologize here and now for having thought that.

Knowing you, Tohru-san, I am at ease.

When the day comes that you meet my child, please become as much a friend to him as you have to the young masters.

Okay! I sure would like to meet you soon-- Monkey-san It's true Mesho-san is Ri'-chan's mother.

I forgot to tell you, sorry.

Ri'-chan-san?

Say, never mind that! Tohru, won't you play some ping-pong?

Those two won't ever let me play against them.

Out.

I told you, you have to let it one-bound, right?

Shut up! Why should I have to hit it so it goes so slow!?

Those are the rules.

Out.

Again?

Kyo-kun, hang in there! I thought I would play against him for a change, but it's no use, none at all.

How am I supposed to be able to b*at you at this!?

Fists! If you're a man, you'll fight me with your fists! You're the one who challenged me to ping-pong.

Um, well, in that case, would you please play against me?

That sounds like fun, too! Play her, play her! I'll warn you now, that I won't go easy on you just because you're a girl.

--Right.

--Don't forget your one-bound.

You shut up! I missed it! I can see that.

You're lousy, huh?

Kyo, we don't need you to tell her that! So then, you're better than her, right pipsqueak!?

If you want to play, I'll play! Oh, that's fine with me! --Hooray! --But I serve first! Here it comes! Um, is there something the matter?

Perhaps your feelings are hurt?

- nny That was funny Honda-san, that was hila-hilarious! You swung and missed so badly! I'm sorry! It would have been fine for you to laugh so kindly in front of us.

You must be joking! I couldn't! To think of laughing in front of Kyo I've never even laughed like this in front of my parents.

That was a good laugh.

Oh, that's right.

Here, take this.

I'm giving it to you.

I wanted to give it to you sooner, but the timing was somehow never right.

This is my gift in return.

Thank you very much! I couldn't decide what to get you, but I thought that would be most suited to you.

Is it to your liking, princess?

Um y- yes o- of course.

I- I'm deeply touched.

Nothing could honor me more Just kidding.

Wow, he really does seem like a prince.

Tohru! Mother, there are many princes among the Sohma.

Handsome, lovely, kind princes I really am glad to spend this time together with them.

Once again, this is a night that I cannot help but be grateful.

Thank you very much I'm afraid it's time for us to part ways.

Please, please, come again, okay?

Don't use me to support yourself.

Be sure to take care of yourself.

You too, Tohru-san, if you please.

Hey, you're heavy! Right.

The bus that's picking us up sure is late.

Momiji-san, I won't be able to see you either for some time, huh?

Come to mention it, Momiji-san, what year in school are you going to be this spring?

Will this be your first year in middle school?

Nope! This spring will be my first year in high school! What's more, it turns out I will be going to the same high school as you, Tohru! Together with Haru! You're what!?

How come you and Haru are sneaking around, coming to our high school!?

So we could surprise and startle you! Honda-san, it looks like you hadn't known, but Momiji is only a year younger than us, the same age as Haru.

I- I was so sure that he was in elementary school He's coming to the same high school this spring, together with Hatsuharu-san?

I don't even know which part I should be most surprised about! Be surprised about everything! Apparently, starting this spring, my high school life is going to get even more eventful.

This is for Tohru-kun.

It's my return gift for White Day.

What do you think?

This takes me back to days when it could be said that the master was at home! Your uncle is so excited! Just don't take things so far that you get arrested.

Now let us circle together, around a pleasant dinner.

Come, take today's tears, and make them tomorrow's strength.

La, la, la Wonderful love and life La, la, la Adorable love and life La, la, la Wonderful love and life On the next Fruits Basket Episode 13 It's spring.

This is a new, heart- pounding and exciting school term! More of those Sohma folk have enrolled, huh?

Go bring them here, Kyo.

Yes, bring them.

Why don't you ask her to get them?

Kyo hit me! What are you, stupid!?

Is there anyone dumb enough to wear a girl's uniform, of all things!?

It's okay, isn't it?

It looks good on me.

I heard he's here Akito Akito san?

That's right, Honda Tohru-san.