01x19 - I'm So Sorry!

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Fruits Basket". Aired: 5 July 2001 – 27 December 2001.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Tohru Honda is 16 year old orphaned girl who gets invited to live in the house of her classmate, the handsome boy Sohma Yuki, and his cousins, 16 year old Kyo and 27 year old Shigure.

01x19 - I'm So Sorry!

Post by bunniefuu »

I was so very happy when you smiled at me, A smile that melted everything away.

Spring is still far away, and within the cold ground, I awaited the time when sprouts would put forth their buds.

Even supposing today there may have been some pain, And though the scars of yesterday remain, You can go on living as much as your heart wants to believe.

You cannot be born again, although You can go on changing yourself, and so Let's stay together, always.

I'm Honda Tohru.

In May of last year, I lost my mother in a traffic accident, and I started living secretly in a tent.

And yet, as fate would have it, I came to stay at the house of Sohma Yuki-kun, a classmate of mine.

However, Yuk-kun, Kyo-kun, Shigure-san, and others from among the Sohma have a mysterious secret, whereby they change into animals when hugged by members of the opposite sex.

This is something that absolutely no one else can be told about.

Everyone, what is the source of your well-being?

The source of my well-being is something that I learned about clearly in May, after finishing my mid-term examinations.

Listen up! Anyone that got a red mark in even one of their subjects will have a make-up examination this Sunday! "Groan" Don't you "Groan" me! You should be grateful to your teachers for going out of their way to give you another chance on their day off! Right, right.

If you don't like taking make-up exams, then don't get red marks in the first place! Of course, you're okay, aren't you Tohru?

You got some?

How many?

Hey, just one?

You'll be fine! It's nothing to get depressed about.

That's right, Tohru-kun.

Compared to me, who got red marks in all my subjects, it's just a tiny thing.

You could stand to get depressed at least once.

Still, this is the first time for Tohru to get a red mark, huh?

You didn't have the prince teach you this time, then?

No, I did have him teach me.

Honda-san?

By any chance, do you have a make-up test?

I'm so terribly sorry! U- um, Honda-san?

Yuki-kun, you went to all the trouble of teaching me, and yet for me to get a red mark it's like returning your good deed with evil! I can't bear to even face you! Hey, now Honda-san, you mustn't let it bother you so much.

Everyone has times when they aren't in top form, after all.

And as for the make-up exams, all the questions are easier than those that appeared on the original tests, so you'll be fine! He's right.

It'll be an easy victory.

There's something funny about that, coming from you.

Sohma, it's just about time! Mm-hmm, I know.

I have a committee meeting today, so I won't be able to go home with you.

That's okay! I'm so pathetic.

I heard you had a make-up test.

What are you doing?

Hey, I'm going to leave you behind.

For some reason I have become severely depressed.

Even my steps are faltering.

It's so pathetic.

Can I keep my promise to Mother, to "be sure to graduate from high school," like this?

How could I get a red mark?

Aah! Everything before my eyes is starting to wobble! How could I let something like this Aah, why couldn't I do any better?

H- hey, what's the matter?

Hey, what's wrong?

It's nothing to get that depressed over! There's just nothing I can do with you.

You keep this up, and before it's over, you'll have a fever! Hey! A fever!?

No sooner do I say that, and you've got a fever!?

Yeah T- this is bad! Not only is it bad, it's confusing! A fever?

A fever?

Aaah, it's a fever?

It is a fever, then?

Thirty-eight point two degrees.

Tohru-kun, the nature of your illness is a cold! We already knew that! Never mind him, just get to bed! Go on! I'm all right.

Once I take some medicine, I'll get better.

And I still haven't gone shopping for dinner tonight That's okay! Get to bed! For someone that gets so concerned over other people's colds, how can you pay so little attention to your own?

B- but I have to work tonight You can skip your work! B- but I couldn't very well Tohru-kun, Tohru-kun, Today, everything is off.

Closed up.

The best thing for you to do is to lie down quietly.

B- but Tohru-kun?

Be a good girl and do as I say.

Right That's a good girl.

Ohh What terrible timing for me to come down with a fever! More and more, I'm becoming twice as pathetic like this.

O~h!?

Tohru has a cold!?

Is she okay!?

Is she lying down and all?

Momichi, you're too loud.

I'm making her take off from her work so that she can lie down.

In other words, she won't be heading over there today.

Oh, is that it?

Okay, gotcha! Leave it to me! Know what?

Today, see, Tohru has a cold, and she's taking work off! That's why today, you see, I'm going to go to work in her place! I'm going to clean as hard as Tohru would if she were here! So I'm wondering, whose child is this?

Still, it doesn't matter, he's so cute and all.

It doesn't matter, since he's so cute! "What do you do when someone has a fever?

" "What should you do when you catch a cold?

" "When that happens, eat some leeks!" "Of all the things you can do for a cold, leeks are very effective!?

" "When you catch a cold, the best things for you are leeks?

" "Leeks are the cure-all medicine for colds!?

" Leeks in here, too leeks in here, too in here, too in here, too in here, too in here, too in here, too!! Aah! I give up, I give up! For the love of Everywhere I look, it says leeks, leeks, leeks, leeks!! Leeks aren't even fit to be eaten by human beings!! Kyo-kun, the weather has become nice! My temperature is nearly forty degrees! and so, if I could get you to extend my deadline until next week Huh?

Sensei, no matter what your reason, I'm afraid that's a bit too long Oh, it's hopeless! I'm feeling dizzy! I'm having chills! I feel like I'm going to throw up! I'm going to die! Are you all right?

Sensei?

Sensei?

Sensei!?

Sensei!?

It's hopeless.

Sensei!! Wha?

You're kidding me! What's this?

What are you doing, Kyo-kun?

Can't you tell just by looking?

Leeks?

You mean, for Tohru-kun?

We can't very well have a sick person making meals, right?

What!?

Have you got something to say!?

I didn't say a thing, did I?

By the way, what are we doing for supper?

We're ordering out, of course! I do have a favor to ask What's that, Kyo-kun?

Would you take this up for me?

Uh-uh.

Okay, then! There's a fine for smashing up the house! A fine! A fine! He couldn't be any more naive! Yes?

Yes!?

Kyo-kun, you made this for me?

Incredible! I'm so glad! Yeah okay, just hurry and eat it! Right! I humbly partake! It's delicious! After you've eaten, leave the dishes out in the hall.

Um! Um I'm sorry to put you to all this trouble.

If that's how you feel, then don't go catching colds! Right.

Don't cry S- sorry.

What is it?

Tell me.

I'll listen to you complain.

L- I want to keep my promise to my mother.

And yet, I'm feel so pathetic for getting a red mark! I feel so sorry to Yuki-kun too.

And now I've even caught a cold I want to be I want to be a more a more steady person! Are you finished?

I'm finished.

You can recover from any number of red marks with make-up tests, you know.

And as for that damn Yuki, he doesn't even matter someone like him! Go ahead and use him till he's worn out! Use him until he falls over, shrieking! If you think you're wrong to have caught that cold, then get over it fast, and start flitting around the house with that giddy expression of yours, the way that you always do! Giddy?

Otherwise, something feels something feels out of whack.

See, if you can get to where you can flit around again, then I can at least make you something to eat.

So, don't go worrying over every little thing! Is he?

Come on now, hurry up and eat! Your fever's not getting any lower! Right! It's delicious! Something like that can't be any good! Not at all, compared to your cooking.

Is he trying to cheer me up, in his own way?

I'm so happy! It'd be creepy if you ever became more steady.

I'm so happy, Kyo-kun! Welcome home! You're kind of late, huh?

What's the matter?

Somebody vandalized their heart out! The leeks that Honda-san and I so carefully planted! Who the hell would do such a vicious thing!?

The only thing I can think of is that they acted out of hatred for leeks! Nobody is thinking it was you, so you can just relax! Shigure?

You know what?

Ultimately, I'd have to say that the culprit is Tohru-kun! However, on her way home, Tohru-kun fell ill with a fever, and she has been lying down ever since.

And now for a quiz.

Okay then, how is it that she was able to take the leeks from your garden, Yuki-kun?

A fever?

She just barely finished eating, and she's gone to sleep.

Don't wake her up.

So, what did you feed her?

Leek porridge.

You wanna go!?

If you're going to go at it, be quiet, okay?

If you're too noisy, Tohru-kun will wake up! Sorry to come by so late.

Welcome! Um, I heard that Sissy wasn't feeling good She acted like she was going to cry, so I brought her with me.

I'm sure she'll be happy you looked in on her! How's Tohru!?

Is Tohru all right!?

The g*ng's all here! Okay, everyone, come on in.

How long are you planning to keep this up, you damn rat!?

Put your hands down already, you stupid cat! Tohru-kun, how are you feeling?

Right, a lot better Tohru! Sissy! My patients shouldn't move! Ah! U- um! Gee, Ha'ri, can't you be a little more gentle?

He's right! Tohru-kun is a girl, after all! Treat her more gently, like she was something fragile.

Not like when you're with me.

Did Ha'ri do something rough to you?

He used a needle th~is big, the kind you'd expect them to use on a horse, you know?

And then, over and over again, he would say that he made a mistake, and then go "poke, poke" again.

And then he'd ask if it hurt or not.

That's enough out of you.

You're scaring the children.

Don't make any mistakes, okay Ha'ri?

If Tohru starts feeling hurt, stop right away, okay?

It's all right! It doesn't hurt at all! But Shi-chan said that it hurts! I did it on purpose.

Ha-san! How awful! How could you do that to me on purpose!?

It was your own fault for bellyaching so much.

Um, Hatori-san, what about the charge for the medicine?

Get well soon.

After all, with you laid up in bed, there seems to be a whole lot of people who are anxious.

If anything comes up, call me.

Do you think Uncle Hatori is anxious, too?

Of course he "Uncle!?

" B- but Kisa-san is twelve and as I remember, Hatori-san is 27 That's fifteen years between them! There's just no way, is there?

So then, are Shigure-san and Ayame-san?

Uncle Shigure and Uncle Ayame.

Yes, come in.

Is now okay?

Yes! Hatori said you were just about over it.

Yes.

I'm sorry to have worried you.

Well then first of all, here's this.

I saw about putting together some problems dealing with your make-up test.

If you'll do these, I'm sure you'll be all right.

So, once you're feeling better, shall we do them together?

Thank you very much! Not for yourself Sheesh! Isn't there anything in here besides leeks!?

What's this, what's this!?

Kyo, are you in training to be a good bride!?

No I'm not, you twerp! Well then, well then Ah, so that's it! This is for Tohru! Shut up, you! Get lost, you brat! Waah! Kyo hit me! Aah, now things have just gotten noisier! Wanting to get better for other people's sakes, and not for yourself Ha-san, would you like some of Tohru-kun's home cooking?

She might make you something to thank you! it's such a joyful thing! The source of my well-being is always being given to me by everyone else.

And another thing, Mother, I was able to get a passing mark on my make-up test without any problems.

"Quiet! Make-up Testing" I was able to get a passing mark on my make-up test without any problems.

Ah, and so did Hana-chan! The make-up tests do have simpler problems, and are indeed easier.

Hanajima-san, by any chance, did you get those red marks on purpose?

Well now, perhaps I did Now let us circle together, around a pleasant dinner.

Come, take today's tears, and make them tomorrow's strength.

La, la, la Wonderful love and life La, la, la Adorable love and life La, la, la Wonderful love and life I'd sure like to go have a look.

I'd like to see with my own eyes how wonderful a store it is.

Listen to this, 'Gure-san! Yuki our Yuki has expressed, with tears in eyes, that he so badly wishes to come to my store! Huh?

From now on, I need to understand my brother a little bit more.

Honda-san, I wonder if you would come together with me.

Yes! As long as I'm not in the way, I will accompany you! Thanks.