04x07 - All These Things That I've Done

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

04x07 - All These Things That I've Done

Post by bunniefuu »

Previously on One Tree Hill...

LUCAS : You just became a Raven.

NATHAN : I'm having money problems, dad. I need your help.

DAN : Right now, you're not an investment I'm interested in.

DEB : I am the majority owner of Tric... which means you can get the hell out.

NICK : Take your seats. I'm your new english teacher... Mr. Chavez.

BROOKE : Nick?

NICK : We really can't do this, right?

DEB : I'm not leaving here till I get my damn pills.

NATHAN : It's either the pills or me.

PEYTON : Leave me alone!

PEYTON : Who are you?

DEREK : Guess I'm your brother.

NATHAN : I know that was a lot of money, but I'm gonna pay you back. Every cent.

DAUNTE : Take your time.

BROOKE’S FASHION SHOW

Nick comes to see Brooke

NICK (to security) : How you doing?

BROOKE (to security) : He's with me.

BROOKE (to Nick) : What are you doing here?!

NICK : I came here to wish you luck.

BROOKE : Somebody might see you.

NICK : Oh, no one here knows me. Besides, there's nothing wrong with a teacher coming up to check on his most promising student... his most promising, sexy, irresistible student.

(Brooke throws him in the fitting room when she hears Mouth)

MOUTH : Uh, Brooke, where do you want these?

BROOKE : Over there's... fine. Thank you again for helping me out today. I'd be totally lost if it weren't for you.

MOUTH : That's cool. It gets me out of geography. It's a good thing you're student-council president. So, what do you need me to do next?

BROOKE : Um, I need you to take these body jewels and paste them on Tia. I want them on her neck, her thighs, and her cleavage.

(Mouth looks at Tia and cannot stop looking)

BROOKE : Mouth. Breathe and paste. Okay.

(She leaves him and return to Nick in the fitting room)

THE APARTMENT

Haley is trying to get a box on the to shelf in the closet when Nathan walks by

NATHAN : Hey, come on.

(He grabs Haley and gets the box himself)

HALEY : Oh, hey. I'm getting that.

NATHAN : You shouldn't be straining yourself. You can't risk falling and stuff.

HALEY : Relax. I'm pregnant, not elderly. Oh, anyway, I'm glad you're up.

NATHAN : Are you kidding me? The semifinal's tonight. I could barely sleep.

HALEY : I want to go to Duke with you.

NATHAN : What? I got my acceptance letter from Duke, and, um, it just made me think about what I want. And I want to make you happy more than anything else in the world, so I want to go to Duke with you!

NATHAN : Oh, Haley.

HALEY : You've been so supportive of me and my dream for music, and I just want to be supportive of you and your dream for playing at Duke. So I want to do this for us, okay?

NATHAN : How did I get so lucky?

HALEY : It helps that you're hot.

NATHAN : Well... thank you. You're gonna be so happy there. I got to go 'cause I'm meeting Skills and Lucas for an early workout.

(Haley starts unpacking the box, there are some toys)

NATHAN : What's all this stuff for, anyway?

HALEY : Babysitting. I thought the extra experience and money couldn't hurt. Besides, I just really don't want to be one of those moms that's, like, completely overwhelmed and unprepared and always screaming at her kids the way my mom used to be. Oh, it was crazy. Anyway... um, the kids are coming by after school. And, uh... you know what... you should stop by and say hi.

NATHAN : Nah. I'll pass. I don't really like kids.

(Nathan starts leaving and realizes what he just said)

NATHAN : Uh, I'll like our kid.

HALEY : Yeah, get out of here, you bum.

BROOKE’S FASHION SHOW

Mouth is putting the body jewels on Tia and he is really not comfortable

TIA : Big hands... nice.

MOUTH : I'm so, so sorry. I'm... I'm just not used to working this close to a girl... I mean, a woman who is, like... this hot.

TIA : Oh, my god. You're so cute I could eat you! Please tell me you're a virgin.

(Mouth just smile)

TIA : Oh ! Oh, my god! I'm totally eating you up!

MOUTH : I'm just gonna go k*ll myself now.

(Mouth starts to leave but Tia stops him)

TIA : No, no. It's so hard to find cute virgin boys. All my friends would love you. We're getting together tonight at a bar. You should totally join us.

MOUTH : Me? Join you and your friends?

TIA : Well, let's just say that there's a pretty good chance you won't wake up a virgin tomorrow. So, is that a "yes"?

PEYTON’S HOUSE

Peyton is painting a bulldog over her bed. She hears the door and goes downstairs, scared. She finally find her real brother in the kitchen

DEREK : Peyton.

PEYTON : How did you get in here?

DEREK : The question is, how didn't I get in? I popped open the back door, the basement window, and the window near the porch. Given your history, I thought you'd pay more attention to home security.

PEYTON : Okay, what are you doing here? I thought you weren't interested in sticking around.

DEREK : I'm not. I just wanted to make sure you're safe before I go back to my life.

PEYTON : Well, I slept great last night... alone. So mission accomplished.

DEREK : Is that why you haven't been to school in over a week?

PEYTON : A lot of seniors skip class.

DEREK : They skip school to do fun stuff, not hide in their room all day, afraid to step out onto their own porch.

PEYTON : That's not what I'm doing.

DEREK : Well, if you're really over getting att*cked by that psycho, then there's no reason you shouldn't be at school. Unless you'd rather hang out here, not feeling sorry for yourself.

PEYTON : Fine. If it'll get you out of my house, I'll go to school.

DEREK : Fine. I'll drive you.

PEYTON : Fine.

(Peyton starts going to her room)

DEREK : Get moving. It's 0800.

PEYTON (to herself) : I like the other Derek better.

RIVERCOURT

Lucas is making free throws and Skills and Nathan are watching

SKILLS : L. Scott... 20 in a row. The boy is on fire.

LUCAS : You ready for tonight?

NATHAN : I'd feel a lot better if I had you watching my back the whole time.

LUCAS : I know, but I promised my mom not a second more than 15 minutes.

SKILLS : It ain't like it's gonna take us half the time to b*at the chumps we're playin' tonight anyway. Then we're going to states, so you know what that means. We're about to be V.I.P. around here, dawg. I'm about to have all the females getting my name tattooed all over their body.

(Nathan sees Daunte’s car approaching)

NATHAN : I'll be right back.

Nathan talks with Daunte

NATHAN : Daunte. Hey, man. Um... I don't have your money yet. I tried to get a loan from my mom, and it turns out she's not doing so good. I know it's 10 grand.

DAUNTE : 15.

NATHAN : What?

DAUNTE : You don't make your payments on time, juice keeps running on the money.

NATHAN : You said I could pay you back whenever.

DAUNTE : Yeah. It goes without saying there's a price with that. I mean, this is the streets, Nathan. We're not bank of Tree Hill.

NATHAN : What am I supposed to do? I can't come up with that kind of cash overnight.

DAUNTE : Well, I could forget the amount. The Ravens are favored to win by 10 points tonight. A lot of people are betting on it.

NATHAN : I think we're a lock to win by a lot more than that. We're gonna blow those guys out.

DAUNTE : Uh, not if you want your debt to go away. Look, Nathan, you can win the game... just don't win it by more than nine points.

NATHAN : No way.

DAUNTE : Nathan, I'm not asking you to lose. The Ravens will still win and go to the state championship. You'll be debt-free. The way I see it, everybody wins. Look, Nathan, I'm trying to help you out, here. Before you get yourself in trouble, take the offer, or have my money tonight.

Lucas and Skills, looking at Nathan and Daunte from afar

LUCAS : Do you know those guys?

SKILLS : Not personally, but I heard they're into a lot of bad stuff, so anything they want with Nate can't be good.

ONE TREE HILL CREDITS

BROOKE’S FASHION SHOW

Brooke is looking at her models

BROOKE : You look amazing... You look perfect... this looks really, really good.

(Rachel is there too)

BROOKE : And you look lost. The plus-size show is next door.

RACHEL : Very funny. Let me ask you... if I am so fat, why am I on the cover of Maxim?

(She shows Brooke the magazine)

BROOKE : What?!

RACHEL : For the first time ever, Maxim put a hometown hottie on the cover, and that hottie is me!

BROOKE : Oh, my god!

RACHEL : Okay, let's celebrate tonight after the game.

BROOKE : Um... oh, I can't. I have plans tonight.

RACHEL : Let me guess... you're going out with Mr. Chavez.

BROOKE : I don't know what you're talking about.

RACHEL : Don't play dumb. I saw you sneak out last night to meet him. You claimed it was over.

BROOKE : And you claim you're not a slut, and that is such a lie.

RACHEL : I never claimed I wasn't a slut.

BROOKE : You know, you need to worry less about my love life and more about your own with, like, every guy in America, because you are so hot in this spread!

RACHEL : I know.

(Rachel leaves)

INSIDE TREE HILL HIGH

Peyton is in the hallway and get scared by the bell. She opens her locker and sees Eli’s drawing, remembering her psycho Derek’s tattoo. She starts to freak out when Lucas arrives

LUCAS : Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Peyton, what's wrong? Oh, come on. Let's get you home.

DOCTOR’S OFFICE

Deb is with her doctor

DEB : I don't know what's wrong with me. My back problems just won't let up.

DOCTOR : Perhaps physical therapy could help.

DEB : Or those, um, those pills you gave me the last time. They fixed me right up.

DOCTOR : To be honest with you, Deb, I am not comfortable prescribing you more medication.

DEB : Okay, this is awkward. Um... I guess we both know I don't actually have back problems. My issues are far more complicated. I've lost my son, my husband, and I've realized that without my family... dysfunctional as it was... I'm a failure.

DOCTOR : Deb, I'm sure these pills are making you feel better, but they are not the answer. You need to get your life in order, starting with therapy.

DEB : You're right.

DOCTOR : I will make the appointment for you.

(The doctor leaves the office and Deb writes her own prescription)

TREE HILL CLASS ROOM

Students are taking picture of them with Rachel. Nick comes in

NICK : Okay, everyone, settle down. People! Magazines aren't allowed in class.

NICK (to Rachel) : And, you, stop making a spectacle of yourself.

RACHEL : What's the matter, Mr. Chavez? I thought you liked high-school girls.

NICK : After school, miss Gatina.

BROOKE’S FASHION SHOW

ANNOUNCER (voiceover) : And next, we presents the latest line from Hoes Over Bros by designer Brooke Davis.

(Mouth is with Brooke watching the fashion show from backstage)

TIA : Mouthy... can you come over here and help me put on my shoe? I don't want to chip my nails.

(Brooke smiles at Mouth and he goes to help Tia)

TIA : Thanks.

(She starts leaving but stops and kiss Mouth)

TIA : Now I know why they call you "Mouth." By the way, I'm really excited for tonight.

(Tia leaves and after a few seconds Gigi arrives)

GIGI : Hey, you. I heard you're helping out with Brooke's show.

MOUTH : Yeah. Uh... came to check it out?

GIGI : Came to check you out. And I had to ask you a question. Which do you like better, red or blue?

MOUTH : Red, I guess. Why?

GIGI : I was trying to figure out what to wear tonight... on our date.

MOUTH : Right... our date... tonight.

GIGI : Well, red it is. Okay, see you tonight.

MOUTH : Yeah. Tonight.

THE APARTMENT

Haley is welcoming the kids, a boy and a girl

HALEY : Hey, guys, come on in. Good to see you. Oh, I'm so excited to have the kids.

HALEY (to the mom) : Um, listen, I don't want you to worry. I've read all the latest childcare periodicals, and I'm CPR certified, and I've stacked up on organicnacks and some really fun learning games for the kids. So if you have any questions, feel free.

MOM : Just one. Do you have the numbers for the local authorities?

HALEY : Oh, yeah, of course. Yeah.

MOM : Super. I'll see you later.

(The mom leaves)

HALEY : Okay. Okay, kids, what do you want to do first?

(They disappear in the apartment)

HALEY : Kids?

TREE HILL HIGH

Rachel comes to see Nick Chavez after the class

NICK : I'd say, "nice spread," but that's probably inappropriate for a teacher.

RACHEL : Bet you wouldn't have a problem saying it to Brooke. Aren't you her teacher, too?

NICK : I get it. You like to be the center of attention, get a rise out of people. It's the hallmark of insecurity.

RACHEL : Wow. You're an underpaid high-school teacher sleeping with a student, and I'm insecure? Yeah, okay.

NICK : You seem to be in the driver's seat, miss Gatina. So what do you want?

RACHEL : Just one thing. I think we should close the door for this.

(She closes the door)

PEYTON’S BEDROOM

Peyton is lying on her bed, crying when Lucas and Derek come in

LUCAS : Hey. Peyton, uh... you have a visitor. I have to go to the café before the game, and I didn't want you to be alone, so I called him.

DEREK : What happened?

PEYTON : Nothing. I don't know. I had a panic att*ck, I guess.

DEREK : So you weren't fine, but you went to school anyway, just to prove me wrong.

PEYTON : Okay. Fine, I learned my lesson, and now I'm a mess. You got what you wanted, I guess.

DEREK : What I want is for you to admit you have a problem so we can deal with it, instead of hiding and pretending everythg's fine. Everyday, people all over the world get b*at down. They lose their families, they lose their friends, and every day, those people fight like hell to put their lives back together! They don't curl in a ball and give up.

LUCAS : Look, you need to back off. She's had a rough day.

DEREK : It won't get easier with you babying her every step away. You think you can protect her, but you can't. The sooner both of you realize that, the better. You know when the world backs off, Peyton? When you make it back off.

PEYTON : Fine. Then back the hell off.

DEREK : Okay. Guess I'm done wasting my time.

(Derek leaves)

LUCAS : I think I like the other Derek better. I'm... sorry. I shouldn't have called him.

PEYTON : No, it's fine. He's a pain in the ass, but he's right. You should go, too. I'll meet you at the game.

LUCAS : No, you can come with me.

PEYTON : I can't keep letting you save me. Got to learn to get by on my own. I'll be fine. I've got my watchdog.

LUCAS : Yeah, it's... kind of disturbing.

PEYTON : He keeps the monsters at bay.

(Lucas leaves)

BROOKE’S FASHION SHOW

Rachel comes to see Brooke

BROOKE : Hey.

RACHEL : How's it going?

BROOKE : Amazing. Buyers have been coming up, saying they want my line in their stores. I'm so psyched I'd pass out, but I have another show in an hour.

(Brooke sit down with Rachel. Rachel seems sad)

BROOKE : What's the matter?

RACHEL : I wish my timing was better on this, but, um... there's something you need to know about Nick.

BROOKE : What?

RACHEL : Well, he kept me after school today, and... when we were alone, he hit on me. You can't see him anymore, Brooke. He's a bad guy. Do you understand that?

BROOKE : I understand that you don't have a boyfriend right now, and maybe you're feeling a little jealous. It's normal, but...

RACHEL : All right, you don't believe me. You know what? Never mind. See you later.

(Rachel leaves)
DRUGSTORE

The clerk is looking at Deb’s prescription, thinking

DEB : Um, what's the holdup?

CLERK : I... I think there's a mistake here. It looks like your doctor has prescribed three different sedatives.

DEB : I have a complicated condition, and I'd appreciate a little sensitivity.

CLERK : I'm still gonna have to confirm this with your doctor's office.

(The clerk tries to reach the phone but Deb stops him)

DEB : Listen, little man! I don't know what your problem is, but I don't have time for this crap! How hard is it to fill one lousy prescription?! Just walk your midget, little legs back there, put the pills in the bottle, and hand them over to mommy. Can you do that, stumpy?

CLERK : Y-yeah, yeah. Yeah, y-yeah, fine.

(The clerk leaves and gets a phone from the back shop)

THE APARTMENT

Haley walks to the bathroom door, with snacks

HALEY : Randy, sweetie? Been in there a long time! I have some snacks!

(The little girl bring Haley a mug)

HALEY : Is this for me? Thank you, sweetie.

(She starts drinking but spit it out immediately)

HALEY : What is that?

GIRL : Dirt and water.

HALEY : Dirt and water? I don't know...

(Haley is interrupting by Randy who’s running outside the bathroom)

HALEY : Oh! Gosh. Wow! That's a... cool costume.

(They start fighting with fake swords)

GIRL : Slash her, Randy! Slash her!

HALEY : Hey

GIRL : Slash her, Randy!

(Haley gives up and locked herself in the bathroom)

SCOTT’S HOUSE

Nathan is alone

NATHAN : Sorry, mom. I'll pay you back. I promise.

(He opens the vault, but find it empty)

(Behind him, the tv is on)

TV ANNOUCER (voiceover) : And in local news, Mayor Scott's ex-wife, Deb Scott, was arrested today after attempting to purchase dr*gs, using a falsified prescription.

NATHAN : Damn it, mom.

DEB (from the tv) : You know who I am?

THE CAFÉ

Dan is there with Karen watching the news

TV ANNOUCER (voiceover) : If convicted, Mrs. Scott could face up to ten years in prison. She is currently at Tree Hill County jail awaiting bail.

DAN : Guess Deb won't be making the game tonight.

TREE HILL HIGH

Brooke enters Principal Turner’s office

BROOKE : Principal Turner, they told me you wanted to see me, but I'm kind of in a rush, so...

TURNER : Miss Davis, there are allegations that our newest teacher, Mr. Chavez, has been having sexual relations with a student, and we're told that student is you.

BROOKE : That's not true.

TURNER : It's a serious matter, and until it's cleared up, Mr. Chavez is suspended. If it comes to light any part of the allegations are true... he'll be fired.

BROOKE : But they're not, and whoever said that to you is lying. Who would do that?

(Rachel enters the room)

RACHEL : I would.

BROOKE’S FASHION SHOW

Nick comes to visit Brooke

NICK : I got suspended today.

BROOKE : I know.

NICK : Did you also know that Rachel's a conniving bitch? I thought she was a friend of yours. Why would she go to the principal?

BROOKE : Because she said you hit on her.

NICK : Brooke...

BROOKE : Is it true?

NICK : How can you even ask that? Especially since she hit on me. She made some snide comment about us in class. It got me worried. I tried talking to her, but she started coming on to me. Said she thought older guys were hot.

BROOKE : I can't believe she'd do that... not to me.

NICK : Brooke, people talk about her. Even the teachers. I get the sense that this behavior's pretty typical for Rachel.

BROOKE : Yeah, but I'm her friend.

NICK : Hey... I'm sorry about this. But I think you know me. I hope you do. How well do you know Rachel?

(Tia is interrupting, holding the red dress she was wearing earlier for the show)

TIA : Hey, Brooke? Oh, sorry if I'm interrupting, but do you mind if I borrow this dress tonight? I'm headed into town with my girls and I got to look fierce.

BROOKE : Sure. You know, why don't you keep it?

TIA : Really? Ahhh! Thank you! Aah. Hey, what do you think? Bitchin', right?

NICK : Definitely.

TIA : Okay.

(Tia leaves)

NICK : That's some dress. What do you think my chances are of getting such an amazing, talented designer to kiss me?

(Brooke kiss him)

POLICE STATION

Dan comes to get Deb out of the cell

DAN : So, which one of you whores is my ex-wife? Oh, right. The old one on the end.

DEB : You came all the way down here just to rub it in my face?

DAN : Yes. But I also have a proposition. I can get you out of this fix. But you have to sign Tric back to Karen.

DEB : Go to hell.

DAN : No, I don't think you understand. I can bail you out and use my clout as mayor to have the charges dropped. Hell, I'll even throw in a couple of painkillers for your ride home. Or you can risk spending the next two to four years in prison as some con's cell bitch instead of the regular old bitch you usually are.

DEB : You make this go away, and I'm not going to rehab.

DAN : O.D. for all I care, Deb, but you're signing Tric back over to Karen. I'll see you on the outside, boozy.

THE APARTMENT

It is a real mess; the kids are throwing stuffs at Haley, she is hiding behind the table.

HALEY (on the phone) : Miss Dunbar? Hi. Yeah, everything's great. I was just wondering when you might be able to come pick up the kids. Well, it's just that I was expecting you... over an hour ago. Well, no, I can't because my husband's got... Hello?!

(Haley is getting really upset, she stands up)

HALEY : Hey! Who wants to go for a ride?

INSIDE TREE HILL GYM

The gym is full; the team is practicing before the game

MOUTH : The crowd is electric tonight. One more win, and the Tree Hill Ravens will make the state finals for the first time in 18 years. More than ever before, all eyes are on Nathan Scott.

Nathan runs to Whitey

NATHAN : Hey, coach, I thought you should know... I made the call to Duke. I'm gonna take the scholarship.

WHITEY : What about Haley?

NATHAN : She's gonna come with me.

WHITEY : Well, congratulations, son. You're doing the right thing. But more importantly... you're doing it the right way.

NATHAN : Thanks, coach.

(Nathan leaves Whitey and sees Daunte and Bear in the audience)

LUCAS : Hey, what are those guys doing here?

NATHAN : How should I know?

LUCAS : Well, I saw you talking to them on the River Court.

NATHAN : Mind your own business, Luke.

The cheerleaders are warming up

RACHEL : Oh! Well, nice outfit, Brooke. I am so jealous of it. Oh, wait, look. I'm wearing the same thing. I am so freaking full of jealousy.

BROOKE : Yeah, I know something else you're full of.

The game starts; Peyton enters the gym but freak out and leaves

OUTSIDE TREE HILL GYM

Peyton is running out side, Derek joins her

PEYTON : I didn't make it five minutes in there. Go ahead. Call me a baby.

DEREK : I didn't come to call you a baby. I'm here to apologize. Look, if I promise to quit being a damn jackass, you think you could forgive me?

PEYTON : I don't know. I was kind of getting used to the yelling.

DEREK : Look... I know this psycho's still out there, and I know what he did to you, but you have a choice. You can let it destroy you, or you can get up and fight. And if it feels like I'm b*ating up on you, it's only because I want you to get so pissed off you start swinging back.

PEYTON : Well, I don't know if I'm strong enough.

DEREK : If you feel like you're not strong enough, then fall back on me. Because I'll be here. Okay? I'll be here as long as you keep trying.

PEYTON : You said you didn't want that.

DEREK : I know. It's just I haven't let many people in, Peyton. So maybe I was the one who was scared. Five minutes, huh? Tomorrow it'll be six.

PEYTON : Okay.

DEREK : All right.

INSIDE TREE HILL GYM

The game is still on

WHITEY (yelling) : Hold onto the ball, Scott!

SKILLS : Come on, Nate, kick the ball out, man. What's up?

NATHAN : Sorry.

BOYS LOCKER ROOM

Later, it is half time

WHITEY : What is going on out there? Can somebody explain to me why we're only four points up when we should be blowing them out of the water?! It's like you guys are trying to give away points! Get out there and sh**t around! You need it!

(The team start going back to the gym)

LUCAS : Hey, Nate... what's going on?

NATHAN : With what?

LUCAS : Well, the way you're playing tonight. It's not nerves. I know you.

NATHAN : You don't know anything.

LUCAS : Well, I know you were having money problems. And I know Dan didn't help you out. Then suddenly you're talking to those guys out there on court, and now you're playing like crap. What do they want you to do, Nate? What... lose the game? Betray your teammates and your coach for a couple of bucks?

NATHAN : All right, listen to me. Take the self-righteous attitude and shove it. Until you're drowning in debt, you've got a wife and a kid on the way, you can't begin to understand what I'm going through.

LUCAS : You better help me understand, or I'm going to Whitey.

NATHAN : Listen, I'd never lose a game, okay? We're still gonna win... just by less than 10 points.

LUCAS : Oh...

NATHAN : Lucas, don't, okay? The only reason we've gone this far is because of me. And besides, all anybody cares about is winning. Nobody cares if I gave it my all or not.

LUCAS : Do you really believe that?

NATHAN : Yeah, okay? I have to believe that. I got no other way out. Unless you got 15 grand lying around.

(Whitey walks in)

WHITEY : Is there a problem here?

LUCAS : No.

INSIDE TREE HILL GYM

Brooke is walking by Rachel

BROOKE : Gee, I really need to stop being roommates with boyfriend-stealing skanks, Peyton. Oh, I mean, Rachel.

RACHEL : What are you talking about?

BROOKE : I talked to Nick. He told me what really happened. You went in, shoved your magazine spread in his face, and hit on him.

RACHEL : I wouldn't do that to you.

BROOKE : Really? Let's go over the list of things you have done to me. You tried to seduce Lucas when he was my boyfriend, take my spot as cheer captain, and two weeks ago, you told the entire school that I was pregnant! I was just beginning to think you were a real person, but you're just a slutty, lying liar who lies.

Haley is buying some snacks with the kids

RANDY AND THE GIRL : Gimme, gimme! Gimme, gimme!

HALEY : It's not polite, you guys. Here. Thank you. Sorry... sorry. Hey... Hey, you guys. Now, don't throw popcorn. Hey! Hey! That is not a nice thing to do.

(Karen walks by)

KAREN : Hey, Haley! How's the babysitting going?

HALEY : It's horrible. These kids are driving me crazy. The game's already started. I'm completely stressed out. It's everything I can do... Karen, what am I doing wrong?

KAREN : You want the truth?

HALEY : Yes.

KAREN : Nothing. You just got to hang in there.

(The kids drag Haley to the court)

HALEY : No, no!

(Dan joins Karen)

DAN : Glad you could make it.

(Dan gives her a paper)

KAREN : What's this?

DAN : Ownership papers to Tric. It's all yours.

KAREN : Dan, what did you do?

DAN : Oh, I just b*at some sense into Deb. I'm kidding. I caught her at a rare sober moment, offered to get her some help in exchange for Tric.

KAREN : Look, uh, accepting an old crib from you is one thing, but this is too much.

DAN : You'd rather Deb have it? You saw the news. She could barely take care of herself. Look, no matter your feelings for me, this is the right thing to do... for you and the baby... and for business. Tell me I'm wrong... I'll take it back.

(Karen leaves Dan and keeps the paper)

PEYTON’S HOUSE

Peyton and Derek are bringing a punching bag to her bedroom.

PEYTON : Okay, it's definitely the strangest gift I've ever gotten. Not sure that I'm "Million Dollar Baby" material.

DEREK : Trust me. If we share any genes, you've got some fight in you.

PEYTON : Where'd you learn to box?

DEREK : My dad... well, our dad... started me really young. That was before he left my mom and me. You know? Guess this is why I didn't want to meet you. You know, I always hated him for leaving and meeting Ellie... and having you... even though I didn't know you. That kind of anger used to eat me up, you know? Then I started punching it out. You know, taking the pain head on, driving it back. I'm hoping you could do the same, okay?

(Derek helps Peyton to put on the gloves)

PEYTON : "The world backs off when you make it back off," right?

DEREK : Yeah.

PEYTON : I don't... I don't know if I can.

DEREK : I do. Come on. Now, you want to use your whole body, all right? You want to an on this foot here, all right?

(Derek punches the mannequin)

PEYTON : Okay.

(Peyton starts punching too)

DEREK : Yeah.

TREE HILL GYM

The game is still on

MOUTH : Time winding down in the fourth quarter, and the Ravens have a 7-point lead... now 9 points. And the Cats are gonna call time-out.

Time-out for the Ravens

WHITEY : Nathan, take a seat.

NATHAN : What? Why?

WHITEY : Because we're up by 9, and I'm not gonna expose my best player to injuries.

NATHAN : Coach, we only got a couple seconds left.

WHITEY : It only takes one to blow out a knee. Now sit down. Luke, come here. Look, they're gonna be looking to foul. You're our best free-throw sh**t. Now, I want you to go in there and ice this thing.

SKILLS : One, two, three -- Ravens!

Daunte is with Bear in the gallery

DAUNTE : If the Ravens score one more point, Nathan Scott doesn't leave this gym in one piece.

The game starts again

MOUTH : So, Lucas Scott checks in to the game. The Ravens are up by 9. Just five seconds stand between them and a trip to the state championship... Three seconds now. The Ravens pick up a quick steal! And that's gonna ice it. With two seconds left on the clock, the Ravens are headed to the state championship. All that remains is for Lucas Scott to seal it. What's his free-throw percentage, Gigi?

GIGI : Well, he's 92% from the line... and 100% hot.

(Lucas is ready to sh**t, looks at Nathan and miss the first sh**t on purpose)

MOUTH : If Luke can make this free-throw, the lead will be 10 points, and that would be the Ravens' ninth double-digit victory of the season.

(Lucas looks at Nathan again and sh**t)

MOUTH : The sh*t is up. And it's no good! The Cats rebound, the buzzer sounds, and this one's over! We won! The crowd go on the floor and this place is going crazy. The Ravens have won by 9! They're headed to the state championship, baby! Yeah!

Later, the gym is almost empty, Skills comes to see Mouth

SKILLS : Yo Mouth! Great job on the play-by-play, dawg. But now that we going to state, I kind of want to pump up my profile a little bit. So... I was thinking... maybe you could start referring to me as... "Mad Skills Taylor." Everything cool, man?

MOUTH : Actually, I need your advice. Um, if you had to choose a date between a super-hot model and her model friends or a nice girl who's kind of odd, who'd you pick?

SKILLS : Hmm... that's an interesting dilemma. I say pick the girl that's the most beautiful on the inside. Man, is you crazy?! Look, first of all, models ain't just walking around handing out party passes to no too-short, no-ass kids like you. No disrespect, I'm just saying... don't blow it. I mean, opportunity only gonna knock once. And if you don't answer... I will.

The cheerleaders are leaving the gym

HALEY : I'm sorry, have you guys seen a little boy, a little girl, blond-hair, blue-eyed, really loud and...?

(They shake their heads)

HALEY : Great.

(She starts freaking out and then sees Nathan with the children playing on the other side of the gym)

NATHAN : All right, ready? Okay. So, I'm gonna teach you how to sh**t real quick, okay? Put this hand here, that's just for balance. Put your index finger right there.

RANDI : Whoa, that was awesome! When I grow up, I want to be just like you.

(Lucas walks by Nathan, just looks at him and leaves. Haley joins Nathan)

NATHAN : All right, you try.

NICK’S PLACE

Brooke arrives to see him

NICK : Brooke.

BROOKE : Hey. Do you mind if I stay here? After all that stuff that happened with Rachel today, I just can't stay with her tonight.

NICK : Sure, but I was just heading out to get something to eat. Want to?

BROOKE : Yeah. Yeah, I'm starving. Let me just put my bag down.

(She put her bag down and sees the red dress she gave to Tia earlier)

(Brooke opens the bedroom’s door and sees Tia in underwear)

BROOKE : Well, I don't know who I hate more... Mr. Chavez. You, for being a lying bastard or me for believing your crap and betraying my friend.

(She slaps him, takes her bag, slaps him again and leave)

LUCAS (voiceover) : Regret comes in all shapes and sizes. Some are small... like when we do a bad thing for a good reason.

RACHEL’S HOUSE

Brooke enters Rachel’s room

BROOKE : Hi, friend.

LUCAS (voiceover) : Some are bigger... like when we let down a friend.

BROOKE : You were right.

RACHEL : I'm sorry, Brooke. I wish I wasn't.

OUTSIDE A RESTAURANT

Mouth is waiting... Gigi arrives

LUCAS (voiceover) : Some of us escape the pangs of regret by making the right choice.

MOUTH : Hi. I'm glad I picked red. You look beautiful.

THE APARTMENT

The mom comes get the kids

HALEY : Thank you. Goodbye.

(The little girl hugs Haley before she left)

HALEY : That's actually kind of sweet.

(The little girl put a paper on her back witch says “kick me”, Nathan shows her)

HALEY : Or not.

NATHAN : You still think you like kids?

HALEY : I'll like our kid.

LUCAS (voiceover) : Some of us have little time for regret because we're looking forward to the future. Sometimes we have to fight to come to terms with the past. And sometimes we bury our regret by promising to change our ways.

RIVERCOURT

Lucas is playing alone, Nathan comes to see him

NATHAN : Wanted to say thanks. I know how hard it was for you to throw those points away. Look... I'll make it up to you and the team at state, okay? The point-shaving was just a one-time thing. It's over now.

LUCAS (voiceover) : But our biggest regrets are not for the things we did... but for the things we didn't do. Things we didn't say... that could have saved someone we care about...

LUCAS : Nathan... you know I'll always be there for you. But never again.

LUCAS (voiceover) : ...especially when we can see the dark storm that's headed their way.