06x03 - Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

06x03 - Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.

Post by bunniefuu »

Previously on "One Tree Hill"

Brooke is att*cked in her store, she confides to Deb.

Brooke: Were you robbed? Last night. You can't tell anyone, okay?

Deb, you own a g*n, right? I want you to teach me how to use it.

A girl tries to steal clothes at Brooke's store.

Brooke: Shoplift much?

Samantha: I don't know what you're talking about. What are you doing?! Get off me, bitch!

Dan is kidnapped by Carrie. He tries to escape.

Carrie: I am going to do the world a favor and l'll k*ll you, but first, I'm gonna get Jamie back. And you're gonna help me.

Carrie: Where do you think you're going?

Nathan wonders about the person who dates with her mother, Skills is in a bad posture.

Nathan: Apparently, my mom's dating some freak she met online. I'm gonna find out who this jerk is. And when I do, it's gonna get ugly.

Jamie wants to made a cape for his friend Quentin, who gave him a present.

Quentin: I used to put all my little treasures in here. Now you can, too.

Jamie: Can you help me make a cape? Quentin really likes mine. I thought maybe we could make one for him, too.

Q is m*rder*d by a man at the service station.

Man: Have a nice night.

Somebody calls Lucas in the middle of the night to announce the bad news to him.

Lucas: Oh, my god.

Peyton: Lucas, what is it?

Lucas: Quentin Fields was sh*t tonight. He's dead.

Beginning of the episode

Lucas'house (night)

Samantha's voiceover: "Quentin Fields was a basketball player. He was also a son, a brother, somebody's teammate, somebody's friend. I didn't know Quentin fields. I guess now I never will."

Skills knocks on the door from Lucas, this one opens to him and invites him to enter.

Skills: Hey, did anybody call you?

Lucas: Yeah.

Skills (devastated): Is it true? Is Quentin really...is he dead?

Lucas: Yeah. Come on in.

Samantha's voiceover: "Did you ever wonder what it would be like if you weren't you anymore? If you were suddenly gone, how would your world react?"

River court (day)

Nathan is training in River court, he calls Q because this one is late.

Nathan (phoning): Where the hell are you, man? Please tell me I didn't drag myself out of bed for nothing. Call me back.

Samantha's voiceover: "Whatever you imagined is wrong."

Haley arrives, she gets out of the car, Nathan is smiling, she seems destroyed and sad.

Nathan: Hey, what are you doing here? (anxious) Haley, what happened?

She approaches Nathan and we can see them being caught in their arms.

Samantha's voiceover: "There's nothing romantic about death. Grief is like the ocean. It's deep and dark and bigger than all of us."

Clothe's over bro (day)

One sees Brooke behind the pane of Clothes' over bro, she turns over and takes clothing which are on bearing and she throws it in the street.

Samantha's voiceover: "And pain is like in thief the night."

Nathan and Haley's house (day)

Haley and Nathan are sitting in the kitchen, Deb is with them. They seem devastated by the death of Q.

Haley: What am I gonna tell my students? What am I gonna tell Jamie? He loves Quentin. He's... making him a cape.

Nathan: I'll do it.

Haley: No. We should do it together.

Tree Hill gymnasium

Lucas and Skills arrive in the gymnasium, the players stop playing.

Ravens' player (happy): Hey, Coach Luke's back. What's happening, coach?

Lucas: Hey, guys, uh...we have to tell you something.

Jamie sits on his bed, Haley and Nathan are held in the frame of the room's door.

Jamie: What's wrong, mama?

Nathan: It's about Quentin, son.

They come to put themselves next to him on the bed.

Nathan: Listen... Quentin had an accident, Jamie.

Jamie: What kind of accident? Is he gonna be okay?

Nathan: No, he's not okay. (Haley watches him with tears in her eyes) He, um...his...his body stopped working, and he's gone now. He's gone to heaven, okay? And we're not gonna be able to see him anymore.

Jamie: What about the Ravens? Isn't he gonna play anymore?

Haley (sobs in the voice): Jamie...he d*ed, honey. He can't play anymore. And mommy and daddy are incredibly sad about it. So it's okay if you're sad, too. I know that he loved you very much, and I know that you're gonna miss him. And we're really gonna miss him, too.

Jamie rises of his bed and starts starting from his room.

Jamie: But what about his cape?

Haley: Jamie, he's... Jamie, honey, listen to me.

Jamie: He's gonna like it. You'll see.

He sets out, close-up on Haley in tears.

Clothes' over bro (day)

Peyton goes in the street when she sees women taking clothing on the pavement. She tears away to them the clothes of hands and shouts to make them leave.

Peyton: No,no,no,no,no,no,no. Hey, guys, I'm sorry. There's been a misunderstanding, okay? These... these clothes are not free! Just taking inventory.

Peyton enters the store.

Peyton: Brooke Davis, have you lost your mind?!

Brooke continues launching clothes in the street.

Brooke: It's my store. They're my clothes. I can do what I want with them.

Peyton: But what are you doing?

Brooke: We're having a sale. For one day, and one day only, everything in the store is freakin' free!

Peyton (Making a sign to the women in front of the store): No! Do you want to talk about it? Haley told me about your mom.

Brooke: No, as a matter of fact, I don't want to talk about it. There's nothing left to say, Peyton. My mom's a bitch! She's a horrible, selfish bitch! Happy now? Was that a good talk?

Peyton: Why are you yelling at me?

Brooke: I'm gonna need my key back, too.

Peyton (surprised): What?

Brooke: My house key? You moved out, right? I can't have people coming and going like it's some kind of Rachel Gatina cr*ck den.

Peyton: Okay, Brooke, I understand that you're upset, but is there something else that's going on?

Brooke: just need to feel safe in my house, that's all. So I need your key.

Peyton: Fine.

Brooke: What do you want, Peyton? What is it that you are doing here?

Peyton: I came here to tell you that one of Lucas' basketball players was k*lled last night. Quentin fields. And Luke's a mess. I just thought you'd want to know.

Peyton puts her key on the counter in front of Brooke and leaves.

Haley's classroom (day)

Haley arrives in her classroom, she closes the door and discovers her students annihilated by the sad news. She sits down to her desk.

Haley: I don't know what to say to any of you. I didn't know what to say to my 5-year-old son who loved Quentin just as much as many of you do. So, um, if you want to talk about how you're feeling Student: What's the point? I mean, he's gone, right? Some idiot just sh*t him, and now he's gone forever. So what's the point?

Haley: There is no point.

sh*t on Quentin's desk where the place is empty.

Carrie's house (day)

Carrie opens a curtain and she is irritated after Dan who is always attached to his bed.

Carrie: You think you can fool me, uh? You think you can spoil my plan to get Jamie back with your stupid defective heart? Well, you can't. I have a new plan. I'm not gonna have to take Jamie after all he's gonna come right to me.

Dan: And why would he do that?

She gets close to the bed.

Carrie: Oh, because poor grandpa Dan is dying, and his last dying wish is to say goodbye to his sweet little grandson.

Dan: And then what?

Carrie: In a few months, I'll be dead, and when they can't find Jamie, they'll start looking for you. And then you'll be the fugitive that you don't want to be. I've decided I can live with that. By then, I'll have a six-month head start with my son. When life gives you lemons, you can't be a sourpuss.

Dan: It won't work. They won't bring Jamie to see me. In case you've forgotten, I'm a m*rder*r, remember? Besides, my grandson's afraid of me.

Carrie takes a paper in her pocket, it is Jamie's card of thanks, that where he was outlined with Dan.

Carrie: Oh... not according to this. Found this in your jacket. Looks like Jamie loved you almost as much as he loves me.

She puts the card in her pocket and answers him with a smile of victory.

Dan: What's he gonna do? Drive himself out here? What are you gonna do about the person who brings him?

Carrie: Well, I sincerely hope it's Haley, but I'm not gonna do anything. Dan Scott, however, is going to k*ll that person. At least that's what it'll look like. I mean, in case you've forgotten, you're a m*rder*r, remember?

Tree Hill gymnasium

Skills and Lucas are sitting on the stands of the gymnasium.

Skills: I was gonna tell him I was proud of him. You know, last night when you came by the office... I said, "I'll just talk to Q tomorrow. I was gonna tell him how far he's come and how proud I was of him for that." You're supposed to get tomorrow, you know? That kid was just 17 years old. His life hadn't even started yet. And the phone rings in the middle of the night, and he's just...gone. It's just wrong, Luke. It's impossible and just wrong.

Lucas: I feel like I let him down. I asked him to be a good example and a good teammate. And then I go and get suspended?

Skills: Yeah, but you was defending him, though.

Lucas: I was failing him. He's got a little brother. He's got parents.

Skills: How does a mother ever breathe again?

High school cloakroom

Close-up on the whiteboard, Jamie looks at it attentively while Nathan empties Quentin's drawer. Nathan finds the book of Q, he turns pages and sighs, Jamie shows Quentin's jersey.

Jamie: Can I have this?

Nathan: I think he'd like that.

Nathan puts the book in his bag and Jamie threads the jersey. Nathan kneels down and embraces Jamie.

Carrie's house (day)

Close-up on the p*stol which Carrie holds in her hands, she puts a ball inside.

Carrie: I like your beach house, by the way. Amazing view. Yes, I've been there. Where do you think I got your g*n from? Bedside table, under the suburban-filth catalog. Their bras are sexy, huh?

She opens her blouse and shows her bras.

Dan: Why don't you have kids? You're young, attractive, crazy as a craphouse rat, but still, you could have a little boy of your own.

She pretends of playing the Russian roulette and aims at him.

Carrie: Hell, I might even be able to help you out. I am really going to enjoy k*lling you.

She removes the safety of the g*n. Noise of sh**ting, change of sh*t, we see Brooke to the club of sh**ting.

Quentin's house

Lucas, Peyton, Nathan, Skills, Haley and Jamie arrive to the Quentin's mother house.

Haley: Go ahead and play. Stay in the yard, okay?

Everyone enters the house. Jamie is going to sit down on the swing beside a little boy.

Jamie: Hi.

Dre: They gave me a present.

Jamie: What are you playing?

Dre: Basketball. What's your name?

Jamie: James Lucas Scott. What's yours?

Dre: Well, everyone calls me Dre, but my real name is Brandon Andre Fields. Quentin was my brother.

Jamie: Quentin was my friend. I'm making him a cape.

sh*t on the inside of the house: Lucas looks at a photo of Q which is on the fireplace; Quentin's mother arrives in the room.

Quentin's mother: Coach Scott... I'm Quentin's mother... Denice.

She shakes hands with him.

Lucas: Ma'am.

Quentin's mother: I wanted to thank you for standing up for my boy the way you did in that last game. It's a shame that we have to meet like this.

Lucas: Yes, ma'am, it is.

Quentin's mother: Coach Taylor... Quentin always had so many nice thing to say about you, and you, too, Nathan. I really appreciate you boys coming here, but I mostly wanted to say thank you to this one. My son has always loved basketball. But I got to tell you... when I came home and found him reading a book; it just about gave me a heart att*ck. He said, "Mama, Mrs. James Scott, she don't play." He said, "She almost as bad as you are." I realize that you were all trying to help my boy live up to the greatness that god gave him, and you should be proud of that.

Haley: Your strength is inspiring.

Quentin's mother: My strength is from Jesus Christ. I am gonna miss my baby boy for the rest of this life.

She is moved, she takes a photo of her son and greenhouse against her breast.

Quentin's mother: But I know we are gonna see him again, and our faith will see us through.

Outside of the house.

Dre: I'm gonna be a musician when I grow up.

Jamie: I'm gonna play basketball.

Dre: Yeah, I might do that, too. My mom makes the best spaghetti in the world.

Jamie: My mom makes good macaroni and cheese.

Dre: My grandpa can whistle really loud.

Jamie: My grandma Deb wears really tight pants.

Dre: My favourite animal is a cheetah.

Jamie: Mine's a rabbit... or a tiger... or a raven.

Dre: Yeah, a Raven. I'm not going in there. It's too sad. What colour is the cape?

Jamie: Red.

Dre: Cool.

Haley arrives in the garden, they make a sign of the hand for Dre and leave towards the car.

Haley: Jamie, come on, buddy, time to go.

Jamie: Bye.

Dre: Bye.

Jamie: I'll be right back.

We see alone Dre on its swing, Jamie takes Q's jersey in the car and return to give it to Dre.

Haley: You're a good boy, you know that?

Everybody rise in the car.

Haley is sitting on their bed, holding the cape for Q in her hands, when Nathan arrives and is held in the embrasure of the door.

Nathan: Everyone's just kind of hanging out downstairs.

Haley: Yeah. I just thought maybe Jamie wanted to finish this. I was also thinking that maybe he shouldn't go to the funeral. It's just gonna be so sad and final.

Nathan: Well, that's what death is, Hales.

Haley: I know, but he's 5 years old, and he still sees a better world than we do.

Nathan: Well, not to mention wakes and funerals really creep me out. Yeah, for you, it's clowns. For me, it's old dead guys. (He comes to sit down on the bed next to Haley) You know, my, uh... my mom's grandfather d*ed when I was around Jamie's age. And so my whole family's at the wake, and we're kneeling in front of the casket. And I'm really scared because there's this old dead guy just a few feet away from me. Anyway, my mom's crying, and, uh, my dad...he says a couple of words, and then he leans forward, and he kisses the corpse. And now I'm totally freaked out.

And then, he turns to me, and he says.

Image in back flash of Dan. "Kiss your great grandfather, son."

Haley: He didn't make you?

Haley puts the hand in front of her mouth.

Nathan: Yeah. It's my dad. Kiss the 100-year-old dead guy in makeup.

Nathan grimaces of disgust.

Haley: Dan sucks.

Nathan: Yeah. Maybe you're right. Maybe Jamie should sit this one out.

Deb takes Skills in her room to speak to him.

Deb: I'm so sorry. I wanted to see you as soon as I found out.

Skills: It's okay. Thank you, though.

Deb: You must be devastated.

Skills: I just feel numb, like I'm in a bad dream, and I just want to wake up. I just want Q to wake up.

Deb: Did they...have they found the person responsible?

Skills: I don't think so. Look, I probably should be getting back downstairs. I don't want to make the day worse for you, Nate, or somebody else.

Deb: Okay...

She embraces him. He opens the door.

Deb: Antown, I here for you.

Skills: Yeah, you here. Q gone. And... I'm someplace else.

He leaves the room.

Brooke is in front of her mirror where are written in lipstick words as: payback, avenge, justice...

The entire band is gathered in the lounge of the Scott.

Peyton: It's just so hard to accept that things like this happen, and not just to Quentin, but at all...ever.

Brooke: One out of every 500 people gets assaulted or r*ped. There were 30,000 aggravated assaults in our state alone last year, 7,000 robberies, 3,000 murders, 600 r*pes. It's official. Life sucks, and then you die.

Jamie arrives and looks at Brooke who seems sorry of her words.

Brooke: I'm sorry. It's a tragedy. I know it is. I'm sorry. Excuse me.

She leaves the room and goes outside.

Haley joins Brooke who stands in front of the swimming pool.

Haley: Hey.

Brooke: I'm so sorry about that. Do I need to go talk to Jamie?

Haley: No, he'll be fine. You can talk to me, though.

Brooke: I'm just going through a lot. Saying goodbye to Angie, and Victoria trying to take the company. And then I... fall down the stairs. And now this. It's just a lot.

Haley: There was a therapist that Nathan and I went to when we were having some problems. She really helped. I can give you her number if you want.

Brooke: Okay.

Haley: Okay. Good. I'm really sorry about everything. Must have been some fall down the stairs. Does it hurt?

Brooke: It all hurts.

She takes her by the size and takes her inside.

Carrie's house (day)

Dan manages to release itself from its concentrations, he goes out of the house and tries to escape but its leg hurts him. He falls on the lawn, he raises the head and sees a tomb.

Carrie: Get your filthy, murdering hands away from my son!

Carrie strikes him with a shovel.

Tree Hill high school (day)

Nathan and Haley is in front of the secondary school, they look at the memorial for Q.

Haley: I don't know what to say to them. I'm 22 years old, and I'm supposed to make sense out of all this for my students? I... I can't.

Nathan takes out the book of the Miserable of his bag and gives it to Haley.

Nathan: You reached Quentin. You'll reach them, too.

She takes the book and caresses the cover.

Haley's classroom (day)

Haley puts the book of Q on her desk, she sees that a girl is sitting on Quentin's place.

Haley: What's your name?

Samantha: Sam... Samantha Walker. I'm new.

Haley: Can you just take that desk in the back, please?

Samantha: Why? What's wrong with this one?

Haley: That desk is taken.

The girl goes to an over place in the back of the room.

Tree Hill gymnasium

Lucas, Skills and Nathan are held in front of the team of basketball in the gymnasium.

Lucas: Quentin, uh... was a great kid. He was the leader of this team, and I know that he was your friend. I wish... I could take this pain away, but I can't and I'm sorry.

Skills: It's okay to feel angry. It's okay to feel pain. It's even okay to hate the person that did this, but when that anger and... and that pain and that hate becomes too much for you, you come see me, Nate, or Luke. Understand? We are your family, and we gonna get through this together.

Nathan: You guys know that Q was working out with me, helping me with my game. And that's how I'm gonna remember him...strong, happy, playing the game he loved. I want you all to find your own best memories of Q and hold on to them 'cause that's where he still lives, and he always will.

Lucas' house (day)

Brooke opens the door and enters, Peyton arrives a box in her hands.

Brooke: Peyton?

Peyton: Hey.

Brooke: Still moving in?

Peyton: Yeah. I'm... I'm just trying to keep busy and stay preoccupied.

Brooke: I brought you something.

She tightens her the key of her house, Peyton takes the key.

Peyton: Brooke, it's fine.

Brooke: No, I'm really sorry. It was a total "of-you" transfer from Victoria to you, and you didn't deserve it.

Peyton: It's fine. Is that why you threw all your pretty clothes out in the street?

Brooke: Kind of. Victoria wants the line that bad, she can have it, you know? Life's too short.

Peyton: Hey, I got something for you, too.

She takes her by the hand and takes her in the room. The clothes that Brooke had thrown in the street are on the bed.

Peyton: So, I had to wrestle two really strong women and a kid in a wheelchair for the couture stuff, but most of it's there.

Brooke: You can keep them.

Peyton: Life's too short, Brooke, to fight, to be miserable...to let the bitter ones change how awesome you are.

Haley's classroom (day)

Haley plays with its pen to take charge the spirit.

Haley: You know what? Um... you guys asked me what the point was to all of this school and literature...life. And, uh, I said there was no a point. And that's not true. What I should have said was, "I don't know," because the truth is, not long ago, I sat right where you are and wondered exactly the same things. When something that's tragic and evil and unexplainable happens like losing someone forever... I still wonder...just like you do. Okay just put your books away. All right, everybody, get out a piece of paper and a pen.

She gets up from her chair and sits down on her desk.

Samantha: Why?

Haley: Because this is a literature class. When archaeologists uncover lost civilizations and they unearth these worlds that have long since been destroyed, you know what they find most often?

They find stories...ancient languages, words, inscriptions from people who've been gone for thousands of years because chances are, they, like you, they wanted to know, "what's the point?"

And they wanted us to know that they were here, you know?

She gets up and crosses the room by speaking.

Haley: Like... they told their stories, and they tried to make sense out of their lives and their worlds and their tragedies. So that's what we're gonna do. So I want you to write something, anything at all, about Quentin Fields. If you knew him, write a favourite memory. If you didn't know him, write what you think the point is of all this for yourself and your life and your time here. This is a literature class, and that's what writers do. We put pen to paper in times of devastating tragedy. And we just try and make sense of it. Maybe we'll find clarity in some of those words. Maybe we'll find peace.

She sees a registration on Q's desk.

Haley: Who wrote this?

Student: I did.

Haley: Give me your marker.

She takes the marker and writes something in her turn.

Student (reading what Haley wrote on the desk): "He who does not weep does not see." What's that from?

Haley: "Les misérables". The miserables. Who's next?

She tightens the pen to a girl, and everybody goes to write something on Q's desk. Haley passes behind Sam.

Haley: Nice shirt. Clothes Over Bros, right?

Haley makes up and Jamie looks at her sat on the bed.

Jamie: How come you're getting dressed up again?

Haley: Because, uh, mommy and daddy are gonna go to Quentin's funeral, and you're gonna go to the sitter's, remember?

Jamie: And what happens there, exactly...at the funeral?

Haley: We're gonna say goodbye to Quentin, honey.

He leaves the room.

Lucas' house (day)

Lucas puts his jacket and turns around towards Peyton.

Lucas: Jamie loved Q. It's got to be hard for Nathan and Haley to explain it all to him, you know?

Peyton: Well, maybe after they explain it to him, they can explain it to me. How's the team doing?

Lucas: Not so good. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they forfeit the rest of the season. It's really nice having you here, especially now. I know we haven't really talked much about the wedding.

Peyton: Oh, god, Luke, the wedding can wait. I mean, this is what a marriage is, right...the good times and the bad? I just wish I could help you somehow.

Lucas: Peyton, you help me so much without saying a word. And I love you.

They embrace.

Brooke's house (day)

Brooke goes back up the zip of her dress when somebody rings.

Brooke: Who is it?

Voice: Nathan.

She goes towards the door, hesitates and opens.

Brooke: Hi, Nate. Come on in.

Nathan comes in.

Brooke: It's a tough day, huh?

Nathan: Yeah.

Brooke: I wish there was something I could do for you or Haley or Jamie.

Nathan: Well, actuallye were wondering if there's anything we could do for you.

Brooke: How do you mean, why me?

Nathan: Well, I know that your mom has been pulling some stuff with the company, and... I don't know...and I guess having dealt with parent insanity, I just wanted to check your head and see how you're doing.

Brooke: I'm fine. Really.

Nathan: That sounds like something I would say. Look, this thing with losing Quentin is...it's hard. And I have a feeling it's gonna be a pretty prominent thing in our lives for a while. It doesn't mean that your problems are any less important, that all of us aren't here for you.

Brooke: Look, like I said...

Nathan: You're fine.

Brooke: You can handle it. It's all good.

Nathan: Look, I hope that's true, and maybe it is, but...the thing is, the two of us have been down very similar roads. I mean, we were in the same cliques first. We both felt the same pressures, same expectations. Our parents were like children, and we both grew into kind of bad versions of ourselves way too fast. So I think you know I get it.

Brooke: They never really gave us a chance, did they...our parents?

Nathan: They didn't know how. Look, the thing is, you made your dream happen, all right? And even though I didn't quite get there, when it was taken away from me, I dealt with it alone. That was stupid, selfish, and wrong. So if your mom tries to take your dream away from you and you feel that same pain I did, I've sort of been there, okay? I'm gonna be kind of kissed off if you don't come talk to me about it. Anyway, thank you for coming today. It means a lot, I know you didn't know Quentin, but...it doesn't surprise me that you're thinking about other people when all this stuff is going on with you. That's not bad for a girl who never had a chance.

Nathan: Came here.

They embrace.

Tree Hill gymnasium

Skills is alone in the middle of the ground, he cries.

Haley and Nathan find dressed and ready Jamie to come to the burial.

Haley: Jamie, we're going...

Jamie: I want to go.

Nathan: Jamie...

Jamie: Quentin was my friend, and I want to say goodbye, too.

Haley: It's gonna be really sad, buddy.

Jamie: I'm already sad.

Haley squats in front of him and puts him his tie correctly.

Haley: You're right. Quentin was your friend and a good one. You should say goodbye.

She embraces him, Nathan caresses Jamie's head.

Tree Hill's cemetery (day)

Priest's voiceover: "The lord is my shepherd. I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake..."

Everybody arrives at the burial of Quentin, the coffin is brought. The mother and the small brother of Q arrive in turn. Jamie makes sign for Dre, this one answers him.

Priest: We're to celebrate the home going of young Quentin Fields.

Carrie's house (day)

Carrie attaches Dan to his bed.

Dan: I'm sorry for your loss.

Carrie (screaming): Shut up.

Dan: You lost a son. What was his name? You know you can't replace him with my grandson.

She starts crying.

Dan: Somewhere deep down inside...you know he's not coming back. No matter what you do, your son is not coming back.

Tree Hill's cemetery (day)

Priest's voiceover: We celebrate the life of brother Quentin...

sh*t on Quentin's mother, Haley, Brooke, Lucas, Skills, Nathan, Deb. Deb looks at Skills, she is going to put herself beside him under the glance surprised of Nathan. The team of Ravens arrives towards the coffin; a player gives flowers to Denice Fields.

Samantha's voiceover: "Quentin Fields was a basketball player. (sh*t on the Ravens) He was also a son... (sh*t on Denice Fields) a brother... (sh*t on Dre who is going to put himself in the middle of the team and threads his brother's jersey) somebody's teammate... and somebody's friend (sh*t on Jamie). I never knew Quentin fields. And I guess now I never will."

Carrie brings flowers on her son's grave.

Samantha's voiceover: "Grief is like the ocean. It's deep and dark and bigger than all of us. And pain is like a thief in the night...quiet, persistent, unfair...diminished by time and faith and love."

Everybody begins to leave, Jamie stays with his box in hands near the coffin. Brooke makes sign for Nathan and Haley that she takes charge of it. Brooke and Jamie are standing in front of the coffin.

Samantha's voiceover: I didn't know Quentin Fields (sh*t on Haley who's reading Sam's essay) but I'm jealous of him, because I see how his absence has affected the people who did know him, so I know that he mattered to them. And I know he was loved."

Jamie takes out the cape of his box and spreads it on the coffin, Brooke fails and begins to cry. Jamie takes her hand.

Samantha's voiceover: "People say Quentin Fields was a great basketball player...graceful, fluid, inspiring. They say, on a good night, it almost seemed as though he could fly, and now he can."