Halloween Is Grinch Night (1977)

Horror, Scary, Halloween Movie Collection.

Moderator: Maskath3

Watch on Amazon   Horror Merch   Collectables

Horror, Scary, Halloween Movie Collection.

Post by bunniefuu »

[instrumental music]

[blows whistle]

[music continues]

[male narrator]

It was a mighty gorgeous sunset.

It was truly a beautiful sight.

All the friendly, small house tops of Whoville glowing bright in the changing light.

All the Whos who lived here in Whoville paused and smiled as the sun sank down and the purple shadow of Mount Crumpit crept across the farmlands beyond the town.

It was a mighty peaceful sunset until old Josiah happened to sniff.

sniff sniff sniff And he whispered to his wife..

Mariah, will you also take a whiff?

And Josiah and Mariah double-sniffed.

[both sniffing]

[male narrator]

And they said..

[both]

I wonder if..

[male narrator]

But they really didn't wonder.

They knew it was terribly true.

They knew that the sour-sweet wind was coming back and what the sour-sweet wind would do.

[wind howling]

Inside, children.

thud thud thud

[instrumental music]

[crying]

thud click thud thud thud

[quacking]

[dramatic music]

I suggest we stay indoors tonight I suggest we lock ourselves in tight Tonight you know won't go quite right You can tell by the smell of the wind It sounds like another one's coming Another Grinch night might commence I wouldn't go out on a night like this For a dollar and fifty cents Always starts when that sour-sweet wind begins a-howlin'.

Sour-sweet wind across the tree stumps on the wrong side of Punkers Pond.

Then that wind wakes up the Gree-Grumps from their sleep inside the tree stumps and all the Gree-Grumps start a-growlin'.

[growling]

And that growlin' and that howlin' runkles and grunkles up the pond.

And that's why I'm suggesting To all you ladies kids and gents I wouldn't go out on a night like this For two dollars and fifty cents

[growling]

'Cause when old Punkers Pond gets runkled, grunkled by that howlin' and that growlin' that always disturbs the Hakken-Kraks.

And the Hakken-Kraks start a-yowling.

And the yowling of the Hakken-Kraks plus that runklin', grunklin', howlin', growlin' always irritates The Grinch.

And then that Grinch starts in a-prowlin'.

[instrumental music]

So I suggest we stay indoors tonight Our problems are immense I wouldn't go out on Grinch night For six dollars and sixty cents Mm.

It's a wonderful night for eyebrows.

Max.

Now where is he?

Max!

[door creaks]

It's a wonderful night for eyebrows.

It's a wonderful night for teeth.

It's a wonderful night for Grinch night.

Their troubles will now commence.

Oh, I wouldn't stay home on a night like this for sixty dollars and sixty cents.

Max!

Max, go bring the paraphernalia wagon.

[instrumental music]

[rattling]

[male narrator]

While Max was obeying his master's command in the cave of Mount Crumpit's bleak peak the sweet-sour wind swazzled over the land.

And in the home of Josiah and his good wife Mariah they just stood there and no one could speak.

Until finally, Euchariah said..

Grandpa Josiah.

And Grandpa Josiah said..

Yes, Euchariah?

And Euchariah said..

Grandpa, we've stood and we've stood and stooding just stooding 'produces no good.' The least we could do is find out without doubt 'whether or not the Grinch iscoming out.' And so I suggest, we don't stood here like sticks call the Grinch Alarm Center.

Dial area code 5-1-9-0-0-6.

[Josiah]

Excellent suggestion, Euchariah.

Area code 5-1-9-0-0-6.

[dial tone]

Line's busy.

Very busy.

Ah, here he is.

[Samuel on phone]

'This is not a recording, this is me in person.' 'Your Grinch alarm warden, Sergeant Samuel S. McPhearson.' 'It is my duty to inform you if conditions improve' 'or if they worsen.' 'I have infiltrated his territory' keeping sharp eyes upon this schnook.

And I'm focusing my focusella to take still another look.

[Samuel clicks tongue]

'Conditions are worsened.'

[dramatic music]

Hurry up, Max, I'm raring to go.

[instrumental music]

I'm going to be the guest of honor At the exclusive Grinch night ball Gonna be the only dancer In the Whoville town hall I might enter the ball quite small Or I might go in quite tall But I assure you nobody but nobody Is going to dance with me at all When I enter front and center At the exclusive Grinch night ball

[thunder rumbling]

[Grinch laughing]

Ready.

Giddy-up, Maxie.

[laughing]

[creaking]

Attention, attention, all Whos.

This is Sergeant McPhearson.

And conditions, I'm afraid, are now worser than worsened.

[thunder rumbling]

How many times have I said and said How many times have I said in my head What am I doing here?

Why am I the sl*ve of this grinchy old crock?

And I say how I wish I could turn back the clock And have the fine future I had once before And again be an innocent puppy once more In your puppy house beddy with sweet Auntie Woofy Wafoon feeding you hominy grits with a big silver spoon?

What am I doing here?

Doesn't matter much how But my dear old Auntie Woofy Wouldn't I fear very much Care for me now

[Grinch retching]

As you can see by the lights flashing on this index that's the Zindheimer disaster and devastation 'rate of spread calculating index.' I am recording the intensities and immensities of the Grinch's current antisocial activi-tities.

'And ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you' 'the Grinch is working up quite a score.' 'And unless I am misreading' I think it's going to soar up even more.

You know something, Grandpa Josiah?

Do I know what, Eucharaiah?

You know, sir, this looks a lot better without my glasses.

You put your glasses back on and face the facts, Euchariah.

As the Grinch creeps ever closer To your little front yard gates He's engaged in grinchy practices That every Who abominates He defoliates depreciates Deflating all the things he hates And frequently expectorates Whoa-oh the acts he activates He castigates He blastigates And while all of Whoville sits and waits The fates that it anticipates His wagon wheel obliterates and decimates and flatanates Ten thousand little flowers Uh, missed one.

[squeals]

[The Grinch]

'Got it!'

[Grinch laughing]

You know something, Grandpa Josiah?

Shh, shh.

Euchariah.

Oh, my gosh!

Look what he's doing now.

[Samuel]

'He's hunting down the Wuzzy Woozoo.' 'The Woozoo at least should have immunity.' 'He's the only one left in our community.' whip

[instrumental music]

whip [instrumental music]

[dramatic music]

[screaming]

[yelping]

Gall darn bram bush.

'I got brickles in the breeches.' Phew!

that was a mighty tight pinch.

But the Wuzzy Woozoo has eluded the Grinch.

'He's safe inside a brickle bush.' You know something, Grandpa Josiah?

Do I know what, Euchariah?

- I gotta go to the Euphemism.

- The Euphemism?

No one goes to the Euphemism on a night like this.

But I gotta.

Euchariah, don't be long.

[thunder rumbles]

I suggest we stay indoors tonight Our problems are immense I wouldn't go out on a night like this For sixty-six million six hundred thousand dollars And an extra sixty-six cents [thunder rumbling]

[wind howling]

[dramatic music]

[wind howling]

Euchariah!

Euchariah!

Where are you, Euchariah?

He is wandering in the wind While the Hakken-Kraks are yowlin' And the Gree-Grumps are a-growlin' He is wandering up Mount Crumpit In the sour-sweet Grinch night wind Euchariah!

Euchariah!

Oh, come home, Euchariah!

No one comes home through the wind No one comes home through the growlin' He is lost amongst the yowlin' Lost forever in the darkness Of the sour-sweet Grinch night wind [thunder rumbling]

Darn these brickles, anyway.

I'll be sore for a month.

[thunder rumbling]

[panting]

Where, where is that Euphemism?

Shh, shh, shh.

Huh?

- Oh, a Woozoo.

- Shh!

Shh!

Oh, a doggie.

Nice doggie.

Poor lost doggie.

I'm gonna take you home with me.

If I ever find it again.

Shh, shh, shh.

Brickelize me, will they?

I'll brickelize the entire township.

I..

Who are you?

Euchariah Who, sir.

You're a rather small Who, aren't ya?

Well, I do the best I can, sir.

Are you really the Grinch?

Am I the Grinch?

Sorry, sir.

I have a slight astigmatism.

An optical condition in which parallel rays of light 'from an external source converge or diverge' unequally in different meridians.

You know, sir, I like you much better with my glasses off.

You put your glasses back on and face the facts.

"Am I the Grinch?" Hah!

I'll show him.

Um kha pah pah um pam pah pah Um kha pa dee pah pah Um kha pa dee um pah Um ka um ka um ka loonka Ip zing troika Pah dee maro um pam tusk

[laughing]

"Am I the Grinch?" Out of my way, small Who.

'I got bigger things to do than to waste my time' 'with you on Grinch night! Achtung!' Giddy-up, Maxie!

Next stop, Whoville.

[Grinch laughing]

So with the sweet-sour wind still a-howlin' now the Grinch was really prowlin', and Euchariah watched him go a-clonkerin', skonkerin', skomkaponkerin' toward the helpless town below.

And he thought about Josiah, Mariah, Obediah and Bethiah.

He would have to save them somehow.

He would have to save the town.

He would simply somehow have to stop that Grinch from getting down.

And suddenly Euchariah knew precisely what he had to do.

Stall for time.

[instrumental music]

[screeching]

And what does the rather small Who want this time?

W-w-will you please scare me some more, sir?

[chuckles]

I-I sort of like it.

Look, kid, I gave you the two dollar treatment.

'You're not worth a first class grinching.' '"Am I the Grinch!"'

[laughing]

whip [laughing]

Euchariah!

Euchariah!

Where are you?

[instrumental music]

[screeching]

[screeching]

Okay, you asked for it.

'Quit fumbling with your glasses.' Put those glasses on and get up here.

Y-yes, sir.

[snaps fingers]

[Grinch]

'Come on.' Come on!

'Closer, Euchariah.' 'That's a nice little Who.' 'Now closer.' Closer.

Closer.

And Euchariah with a courage he had never known till then Euchariah Who with a courage beyond the courage of most men with the sour-sweet wind a-howlin' stood before the gruesome Grinch and said..

Do your worst.

Bring on your spooks.

sh**t the webs.

I will not flinch.

Oh?

[dramatic music]

Euchariah Euchariah This is it hah this is it hah Grinch is gonna get ya Grinch is gonna get ya Mitchen Bi paha la Euchariah Euchariah You shall die-ah you shall die-ah Grinch is gonna get ya Grinch is gonna get ya Grinch is gonna get ya Grinch is gonna get ya Mitchen Bi paha la Gonna get you Mitchen Bi paha la Hah

[dramatic music]

[Grinch]

'Enjoying yourself?' 'Take a little walk.' No I wouldn't step here And I wouldn't step there I would only step 'round with the greatest of care And it's hopeless to try to escape through the air It's high-flyin' spooks we are every which-where We look after your back We look into your face With a gruesome member of the unhuman race We're a grizzly gruzzly ghastly disgrace Yes it's quite like those spooks We're all over the place

[intense music]

[Grinch]

'Enjoying yourself?' 'Take a spooks tour.'

[squawking]

[intense music]

[music continues]

[music continues]

sniff sniff [air hissing]

Hmm.

You know something, Mr.

Grinch?

What?

Well, sir, as I knew it would, sir the sour-sweet wind is dying down.

- No wind ever blows forever.

- So what?

Well, sir, according to all available statistics when the sour-sweet wind stops howlin' that always stops the Gree-Grumps growlin'.

[Grinch]

Yeah, I know, I know.

[Euchariah]

And when the Gree-Grumps stop their growlin' Punkers pond stops runklin' runklin'.

And when Punkers pond stops runklin' runklin' that always stops the Hakken-Kraks from yowlin'.

[Grinch]

Hmm.

[Euchariah]

And when the Hakken-Kraks stop yowlin', you know what that stops.

Mm.

That always stops the Grinch from prowlin'.

Hmm.

Well, I'll be grinched.

Well, I'llbe grinched.

Come on, Max.

[instrumental music]

Come on, Max, turn this wagon around!

[blows raspberry]

[barking]

[Samuel on radio]

'Attention, attention, all Whos.' This is Sergeant McPhearson reporting to you once more in person.

'And I can report that I've never had thought' that I'd ever report a report of this sort.

[mellow music]

I'm sure gonna miss that Grinch night ball.

But that wind will be coming back some day.

I'll be coming back some day.

[laughing]

Look, Mariah, there's Euchariah!

What an unusual way to come back from the Euphemism.

[instrumental music]

The nasty sour-sweet wind has blown away All the Gree-Grump growlin's growled itself away Gone is the Grinch up the mountain far away Hey gone is the Grinch that Grinch has gone away Sing halle hallelujah Grinch has gone away Sing halle hallelujah sing tra-la-pullyea Sing whoozaza pullyea up the mountain far away Sing halle hallelujah Grinch has gone away [dramatic music]

[instrumental music]