10x01 - Lazarus

All episode transcripts (season 1-10) for the TV show "Smallville". Aired: October 2001 to May 2011.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A young Clark Kent struggles to find his place in the world as he learns to harness his alien powers for good and deals with the typical troubles of teenage life in Smallville.

10x01 - Lazarus

Post by bunniefuu »

"Lazarus"

Original Air Date on September 24th, 2010

Clark: I wear the symbol of our family every day to remind me that I have a different destiny.

Tess: I've waited so long for you to admit your true Kryptonian heritage.

Clark: My Earth father warned me not to play God, but I tempted fate. Because of that, he d*ed. When you saw my fate, what did you see?

Dr. Fate: Although Lex Luthor is your ultimate opponent, you will triumph over him. You walk the same path I do, Chloe Sullivan.

Chloe: Watchtower is officially online.

Oliver: You saved my life, Chloe, both the myth and the man.

Perry: So, what do you say kid. Africa?

Lois: Perry White. He's offering me a job at the foreign desk, in Kenya.

Clark: Well, what would make you stay?

Lois: I would stay for you.

Clark: I think you leaving Metropolis is the best thing for you right now.

[ Tess punching Zod; Zod grunts ]

Tess: You are the only one that can save us. The w*r has already begun.

[ Tess gasping ]

Chloe: But what if every trial has just been a preparation for you to make the ultimate sacrifice?

Hawkman: You have the capacity to break the chains that are holding you down, Clark. You'll soar higher then any one of us.

Lois: Clark.

Chloe: Ollie, you need to get out of there, now. Ollie!

Oliver: Chloe. They're not Kandorian.

[ Clark punches Zod ]

And now the Final Season of Smallville.

Lois: Clark! Clark. [ Grunts ] Clark. [ Sobbing ] No. [ Breathes in and gasps at the Kn*fe ] Clark. Please! Please, come back to me.

[ Flash of light ]

[ Clark grunts ]

[ Crows cawing ]

[ Lightning sounds in distance, and there is a flash of light ]

Jor-El: Kal-El.

Clark: Jor-El. Am I dead?

Jor-El: You're teetering on the abyss, between life and death, which is why I'm still able to reach you.

Clark: My father's grave. Why show me this?

[ Clark moves leaves over, exposing the grave that reads "Clark" ]

Jor-El: After you die, this stone will be all that is left of you in the world.

Clark: I d*ed to save the world.

Jor-El: Evil never ends. By sacrificing yourself, you've left the humans vulnerable to future threats.

Clark: I left a team of heroes behind to protect them.

Jor-El: You were meant to be Earth's greatest protector. Now they're about to face the greatest evil without you.

Clark: Then send me back. I know my fate! To step into the light, to be a symbol of hope to them.

Jor-El: I told you to rule with strength, but you chose the martyr's path. What makes you think you deserve a second chance?

Clark: I can do it. I can be their hero.

[ Smashes headstone ]

[ Lightning and flashes ]

Clark: Jor-El? Let me fight this evil like I always have. Send me back!

[ Leaves rustling ]

[ Man steps out, revealing Lex-like silhouette ]

Clark: Lex.

[ Lightning, flash of light, and crows caw ]

[ Lois takes the Kn*fe out, gasping and panting ]

Lois: Oh, God. Clark. Clark.

[ Lois throws the Kn*fe far away ]

Lois: Clark. Clark.

[ Clark groans ]

[ Lois sighs with relief ]

Lois: Oh, okay.

[ Lois lies Clark down, and then she runs to hide ]

[ Clark grunts and stands up. The sun heals his wound ]

[ He looks around and then super-speeds away ]

[ Lois smiles. ]

[ Doors hiss open ]

[ Computer beeps ]

Oliver over the video: Chloe. They're not Kandorian. I love you.

[ Someone hits him ]

[ Chloe looks down with disgust and tear-filled eyes ]

Man: We're coming for all of you.

[ Opens drawer, takes out a key ]

[ Closes drawer ]

[ Air whooshes, Clark grabs Chloe ]

Chloe: Clark. You survived, how did you ... .?

Clark: I didn't. Zod stabbed me with blue kryptonite. He kept us from ascending. I took the Kn*fe from him and sent him away. And I guess I kind of ... d*ed. But I'm here now. And what about the others, did they make it?

Chloe: They're fine. Can we go back to the part where you d*ed?

Clark: It was more of a near-death experience. Jor-El told me that greater evil was coming. He sent me back to fight it.

Chloe: Okay, I'm all for second chances, but did he happen to give this greater evil a name?

Clark: No, Chloe. Before I left, I saw Lex. Dr. Fate said that he would be my ultimate opponent.

Chloe: Coming back to life ... not exactly covered by an HMO.

Clark: Maybe he went off the grid, to one of his own facilities.

Chloe: I kept a pretty close eye on any Luthor flare ups, I mean, Level 3, Metro pharmaceuticals, 33.1. Clark, all these projects are dead.

Clark: Maybe he revised something from years ago.

Chloe: Way back when there wasn't much digital record to track? You know, Clark, if they did a story on this at the Daily Planet, they would have a hard copy stored in the archives.

Clark: I didn't get rid of Zod just to let some other evil take his place.

[ Air whooshes ]

[ computer beeps ]

Lois: Lana, Pete, [ Scoffs ] Chloe. And Mr. and Mrs. K were always so overprotective. I'm the last one to know. [ Scoffs ]

[ Air whooshes ]

[ Lois clicks off the computer ]

Clark: Lois. I thought you'd be in Africa by now.

Lois: I postponed my trip. [ Hugs Clark ] Maybe indefinitely.

Clark: This wouldn't have anything to do with The Blur, would it?

Lois: Well, kind of. Turns out he needs me after all.

Clark: Really? Well, what makes you say that?

[ Lois smiles ]

Lois: Well, I'll tell you, Clark. He just wrapped me up in his muscular arms, pulled me close, and landed the most passionate kiss on my lips. I can't lie to you- it was great.

[ Clark smiles giddily, but stops soon after ]

Clark: That was bold.

Lois: What, grabbing women from the shadows, lip-smacking them, and then running off into the night? Kind of makes you wonder what other little twisted fetishes he has in his toolbox.

[ Lois sighs ]

Lois: So, Clark, did you come here for a reason? Pressing story, maybe?

Clark: Actually, I'm on a really tight deadline.

[ Lois drops pen on purpose ]

Lois: Whoops, would you look at that? I dropped my pen. I'm just going to uh, look for it.

[ Grabs pen ]

Lois: [ Chuckles lightly ] Normally, I wouldn't deal with all these dust bunnies, but it's kind of my favorite pen. Not seeing it. [ Scoffs ] Where are you ,pen?

[ Air whooshes, Lois smiles ]

Lois: Found it. [ Smiles ]

Clark: Lucky for me, it was right here on top of these files.

[ Lois nods, knowing he is lying ]

Lois: Hmm.

Clark: I'll go.

Lois: Wait, Clark.

Clark: Yeah, Lois, what is it?

Lois: We need to talk. [ Clark looks nervous ] Well, I get now is not the time. There's just so much that I want to tell you. Barn, later?

[ Clark nods and smiles ]

Clark: I'll be there.

[ Clark leaves, and Lois smiles ]

Clark: Chloe, I found a research facility linked to Luthorcorp that wasn't in your files: Cadmus Labs. Can you dig up an address for me?

Chloe: Sorry, Clark, I would, but I'm not exactly at Watchtower right now.

[ Indistinct whispers ]

Voice: She's here: the chosen girl.

Clark: Who was that?

Voice: Love is dangerous. Nabu knows.

Clark: Chloe, where are you?!

Chloe: Sorry Clark, but I knew you'd only try and stop me.

[ Line clicks ]

[ Chloe opens the door ]

[ Indistinct whispers. Chloe picks up the helmet ]

[ Whispers intensify ]

Chloe: Show me where Oliver is.

Voice: Would you sacrifice your sanity to save the archer?

[ Flash of light ]

[ Air whoosh ]

Clark: Chloe. [ Shaking his head ]

[ Man punches Oliver ]

[ Oliver grunts in pain, and man punches him again ]

Oliver: You know what I think? I think this whole thing will be a helluva whole lot more painful if I can see your ugly face. So what do you say we ditch this little blindfold here and go Full Monty? Huh, you up for that?

Man: Well, only seems fair you not see me. The world's half blind while cryptic symbols are carved into it's greatest monuments because all their satellite are either shut down or destroyed. All but one. [ Points finger ] Yours.

Oliver: Well, I can explain that. See, I-I always buy quality over quantity.

[ Man laughs ]

Man: Your satellite was tracking them ... the symbols that look just like The Blur's, which makes him the person of interest. But what's your connection to all of this?

Oliver: [ panting ] I told you, you got this whole thing wrong. Okay? I'm what you call a good guy! Here! I'm not guilty of anything, except trying to save the world. Alright? [ Continues panting ] Now I would tell you who from, but I don't think you'd believe me.

Man: Try me.

Oliver: These little green guys from outer space. [ Laughs ]

[ Man shakes head and punches Oliver ]

[ Oliver grunts ]

[ Grabs sponge with water on it ]

Man: I'm just getting started.

[ Electrocutes Oliver, and Oliver yells in pain ]

[ Tess pulls mask off, revealing her healed face ]

Tess: How? God, that's impossible. Cadmus.

[ Sees shadows in the distance and runs off ]

[ Tries to clear off the window, then jumps ]

[ Door squeaks ]

[ Tess opens it, revealing a little boy ]

Tess: It's okay, I won't hurt you. What's your name?

Alex: I'm Alexander.

Tess: What is this place, Alexander? Who are they?

[ Alex touches the glass ]

Alex: They're my brothers.

Tess: You're him. These things, you're all engineered from Lex's DNA.

Alex: We were made to heal the creator, just like we healed you.

[ Tess touches her face ]

Alex: Not all of us turned out okay. [ Reveals bad scar on his stomach ] Some of us came out sick. Some of us aged too fast.

[ Touches glass again ]

[ Pounding nearby ]

[ Tess opens door ]

Alex: No! That's where they keep the bad one!

[ Man grabs Tess; Tess groans ]

Lex's clone: Tess, Tess Mercer?

Tess: You know my name?

Lex's clone: I have all of Lex's memories, his emotions. I know how much you care about me. [ starts bleeding through nose ]

[ Tess punches him ]

Tess: Alexander! Run! Hide.

[ Tess kicks Lex's clone, tries to run, but he throws her to the ground ]

[ He turns on gas; fire is ignited ]

Lex's clone: There can only be one Lex Luthor.

[ EKG beeping ]

[ Emil pushes Clark ]

Emil: Clark, move. [ Moves Clark again ] Elevated blood pressure, irregular pulse, hyperactive eye movement. It's as if her body is in massive trauma.

Clark: Chloe, [ touches hand softly ] I know you can hear me. You're the strongest person I know, and you're fighting for the rest of us. Don't lose that now when you need it the most. Don't give up, Chloe.

[ Chloe breathes in deeply ]

Chloe: Fire. It's all burning. Clark, I'm so sorry. [ Sits up quickly ]

Chloe: I've got to find him.

Clark: Find who?

Chloe: Oliver. [ Panting ] Someone took him when you were fighting Zod. They threatened to take all of us. [ Breathes in ] So I put on Fate's helmet. I couldn't lose him.

[ Clark nods ]

Clark: Okay, where is he?

Chloe: Don't worry. Everything's going to be fine, and I saw it. Clark, I saw you, too. You were the world's hero, and you weren't in black. And there was a fire, in a lab, Clark, I think Cadmus is burning. You have to go.

[ Clark nods and super-speeds away ]

[ Chloe has tears in her eyes ]

Chloe: [ Voice breaks ] Bye, Clark.

[At the Kent barn, Lois clears throat and opens box, revealing the Superman suit ]

Lois: [ Sighs ] So much better in technicolor. [ Smiles ]

[ Floorboards squeak; Lois puts lid back on and stands up ]

Lois: I was beginning to think you weren't going to make it.

[ Lois gets hit, groans, and falls down ]

Lex's clone: Wouldn't've missed it for the world.

[ Door opens ]

Tess: Clark.

Clark: Tess, what happened? I left you at the hospital. Your face ...

Tess: I've no idea how I got here, but when I woke up, I was completely healed.

Clark: Wait ... everyone else in the building is dead. Who did this?

Tess: It was Lex. It was one of his clones. Look, I know this sounds insane, but the real Lex was incubating dozens of them. I think he planned to use parts of their bodies to heal his own.

[ Breaks chain ]

Tess: Clark, but this one ... this one had to be 20 years older, and he destroyed the rest of them.

Clark: Why are you still alive?

Tess: He told me to give you a message. He said that you can save me, and that when you did, it was finally time for the two of you to face off. He's in Lawson's Field.

[ Lois is tied to a cross ]

Lois: What? [ Grunts ]

Lex's Clone: "And would that I might endure his agony, as well as mine". The Scarlett Letter. Of course, the letter is a mark of shame. At least it was when I found Clark tied to that post 10 years ago.

Lois: You know Clark?

Lex's Clone: I saved him that day, right here in this very spot, and all he did was betray me.

Lois: [ Shaky voice ] Lex. What happened to you?

Lex's Clone: I've evolved ... . [ flicks lighter on ] and with age, comes wisdom. Huh? See Lois, you are his greatest weakness. Or should I say, The Blur's greatest weakness? Your death will break him.

[ Lois grunts and struggles to get out ]

[ Lex's clone drops the lighter; fire burns ]

[ Air whoosh ]

Clark: Where's the real Lex?

Lex's Clone: The creator d*ed 2 years ago ... a nasty truck expl*si*n.

Clark: If he's not alive, then why ... ?

Lex's Clone: Why am I? He created us to heal himself. He just didn't live long enough to reap the benefits. You remember this place, don't you? Not far from where we first met.

Clark: The bridge. Lex would've d*ed if I hadn't pull him out of that car.

Lex's Clone: And you never let me forget. The truth is, by the time you dragged me to shore, something new had crept into your heart: pride. The most damning of the 7 deadly sins. [ scoffs lightly ] Now you wear that pride in your chest, right here [ he points to his chest ], in that self righteous symbol. But just beneath it lies the darkness in your heart, just like me. You are your own worst enemy.

Clark: I'm nothing like you.

Lex's Clone: We're more like brothers then you think. That's why you could never stop me because deep down inside, you know you brought death and destruction. The only reason anyone ever calls you a hero is because you clean up the disasters you unleash.

[ Clark pushes him down, then chokes him ]

[ Lex's clone grunts. Clark stops when he sees blood from his nose ]

Lex's Clone: I am dying, Clark, but don't flatter yourself. You didn't do it. I'm just sorry that this mutated body won't last long enough to see the world turn on you.

Clark: What did you do?

Lex's Clone: There's an expl*si*n rocking the roof of the Daily Planet. You can stop that beacon from plummeting to the rush hour traffic.

[ Clark stands up to leave but is stopped ]

Lex's Clone: Or you can save the woman you love.

Clark: Lois. [ angrily ] Where is she?

Lex's Clone: [ Chuckles softly ] Even you aren't fast enough to save both. Today the world will finally lose faith in it's heiratic hero, and it will destroy you.

Clark: Where is she?!

Lex's Clone: Where I first saved you. [ He grunts and falls back, dead ]

[ Air whoosh ]

[ Flash of light, and Clark super-speeds ]

[ Lois gruntis, trying to get free, then coughs ]

[ Whoosh of air ]

[ Lois coughs ]

Lois: [ Breathing heavily ] Go get 'em.

[ Screaming and shouting ]

[ Clark super-jumps ]

[ Clapping and cheering ]

[ Air whoosh ]

[ Clark opens box from Lois back at the Kent barn ]

[ Flash of light ]

Clark: I defeated Lex. I refused to let him win, and I pushed myself harder then I ever have before. For a second, I thought I was flying. But I saved everyone. I don't know how, but I saved them all. I've finally become the hero you sent me here to be.

Jor-El. Pride, vanity. You almost took a man's life, and you dare tell me you're following the path I set out for you?

Clark: You told me I'd unfinished business here ... an evil here that I had to face. And Lex ...

[ The fortress rocks ]

Jor-El: The evil is you, Kal-El. The greatest thr*at Earth will face is coming. It preys on wavering souls, like yours. Once this darkness consumes you, you will be Earth's greatest enemy.

[ Clark shakes his head ]

Clark: That's not my fate.

Jor-El: You cannot be a beacon of hope when you have darkness in your heart.

Clark: Then why did you send me back? Why did you give me a second chance?!

Jor-El: I didn't. It was not my decision to give you back your life.

Clark: You may not see me as a hero, but the rest of the world does, and I decide my fate!

Jor-El: I regret, as a father, my faith in you blinded me to the truth. You will never be Earth's savior.

[ The fortress turns black ]

[ Oliver gets slapped ]

Man: Oh, it's your lucky day, Shamrock. I'm letting you go.

Oliver: Just like that, huh? See, now I'm disappointed. I was kind of holding out for a goodbye kiss from you. [ Oliver smiles ]

[ Man chuckles ]

Oliver: We're not done. I will hunt you, and I will find you,. You understand?

Man: You don't even know who I am. But I know who you are, and I will be watching ... .Green Arrow.

[ Takes blindfold off and punches Oliver ]

[ Soft music plays ]

[ Door opens ]

[ Tess gives Alexander milk. They both smile ]

[ Car door opens ]

[ 2 cars hit each other, accidentally ]

[ Masks are taken off revealing Oliver, and then Chloe ]

[ Lois is looking at a photo of Clark and her ]

[ She has tears in her eyes and looks up, revealing that she is in the African desert ]

[ Clark takes out a letter from Lois, dropping it with a sad expression ]

[ Clark sees a figure in the distance; he walks over ]

[ Sound of a hammer being hit ]

Clark: Dad?

Jonathan: Chores, Clark. Work keeps a man honest. Gotta protect the things you worked hard to build.

[ hits board with hammer ]

Clark: Are you real? I've missed you.

Jonathan: I never stopped watching out for you, Clark.

Clark: Then you must be disappointed. I haven't grown into the man you raised me to be.

Jonathan: No, you haven't. You are so much more then that, and I'm so proud of you, Clark.

Clark: That's one Dad.

Jonathan: Since when did you start listening to Jor-El, hmm?

Clark: He's right.

[ points to wood ]

Jonathan: Give me a hand.

Clark: I took my anger out on people.

[ Hammer hitting wood ]

Clark: I destroyed an entire building, I know now that I have within me to k*ll. I failed!

Jonathan: We're all confronted with trials, son, but the true measure of a man is how he chooses to react in the face of those trials.

Clark: You never had that problem.

Jonathan: Come on, son. I was so far away from perfect. I could never keep my own anger in check. I let it all build up inside me till it made my own heart give out. It was my fury, Clark, that drove me to want to k*ll another man. But instead, it k*lled me.

Clark: Lionel. But, Dad, you were just trying to protect me.

Jonathan: We can't make excuses for the dark stains on our hearts, son.

Clark: I don't even know how I got to this place.

Jonathan: We all make sacrifices, son, and every time we do, we lose a little something in the process. You've sacrificed more then anybody. It'd be easy to let resentment build up inside, but it's got to come out somewhere.

Clark: I feel like every time I do something right, I do something wrong. Sometimes I think it would be easier if you were here.

Jonathan: [ chuckles lightly ] Not a day goes by, Clark, when I don't regret not being able to be right here for you. I would do anything, I would give anything to be able to get a second chance to get it right. You got that second chance, son. You could be the greatest hero the world has ever known.

Clark: Not according to Jor-El.

Jonathan: [ Scoffs ] Well then, do what you do best: prove him wrong.

[ Clark nods. Jonathan pulls him into a hug and kisses his forehead ]

Jonathan: Jor-El was right about one thing. [ sniffs ] Something dark is coming. You're going to be tested.

[ Hammer hits wood ]

Jonathan: It's not going to be easy, son. But I have faith in you.

Clark: What's coming, Dad?

[ Jonathan is gone ]

[ Darker music ]

[ Air hissing ]

[ Dark mist is shown ]

[ Roaring ]

[ Heroic music is played ]

[ Inside the fortress, we see the suit ]