07x21 - Angela's Ashes

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Boy Meets World". Aired: September 1993 to May 2000.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A coming-of-age comedy follows Cory as he juggles school, friends and romance.

07x21 - Angela's Ashes

Post by bunniefuu »

Opening Credits

[SCENE – Student Union. Many students mill about, preparing for graduation. In the back, a yellow sign hangs reading “Pick Up You Caps and Gowns Here”. Topanga, Angela, and Cory, who is reading a newspaper, enter]

Angela: Topanga, how can you be so calm about this?

Topanga: Because I’m one of five hundred quarter-finalists, I’m not gonna get it.

Angela: Uh-huh, Cory, tell her how huge this is.

Cory: (Reading from his paper) Youngest dead guy yesterday? (Shoves paper down and points matter-of-factly) Forty-two. (Goes back to reading)

Topanga: (Sighing) oh… (Paces towards counter, leaving Cory behind)

Angela: (Following Topanga) Wow! (She and Topanga sit at a table next to Jack, who is on a computer, and Rachel) A summer internship with Brown-Elliot.

Jack: (Taking notice) Brown-Elliot? Wow, that’s the most prestigious law firm in New York. They represent my rich step-father. (Looks to his computer) Congratulations.

Topanga: (Smiling) Thank you.

Jack: (Looks up) Oh, no, no, no. I was congratulating myself on my rich step-father. (Goes back to his computer) Who, by the way, is bankrolling my new business venture: Um-Jack dot com.

Rachel: (To Jack) So what exactly is the concept of this business?

Jack: (Peers at her) Um-Jack.

Rachel: I don’t get it.

Jack: (Almost scolding) Dot com? (Looks back to his computer)

Rachel: (Lying) Oh! (Looks to Topanga as though to say “what?”)

Eric: (Enters in a graduation gown) I’m graduating, I’m smart! (Rachel strokes his arm for greeting)

Cory: (Walks over, still with his newspaper) Hey, you wanna know how this poor schmo d*ed? A bird flew in his mouth. (Looks to his friends) A pigeon. Not even a classy bird! (Sits)

Eric: So, uh, I just gotta question. Are you supposed to wear pants with these things? (Pulls up his gown, revealing only boxers. Jack looks disgusted, Cory and Topanga shield their eyes. Luckily, Angela and Rachel have their backs to him]

[Enter Sgt. Moore in uniform]

Sgt. Moore: Put your dress down, Matthews.

Eric: (Bashfully) Alright… (Does so)

Angela: (Excitedly, runs over and hugs her father) Daddy! Ha-ha!

Sgt. Moore: How’s my baby girl?

Angela: (Happily) Oh, alright. What are you doing here?

Sgt. Moore: Well, I didn’t come to see that! (Points to Eric, who has once again hiked up his gown, revealing his boxers, while leaning over)

Angela: (To Sgt. Moore) Is everything okay?

Sgt. Moore: Everything’s fine. I’ve been reassigned, Angela.

Angela: (Hopefully) Near here?

Sgt. Moore: No, I have to go to Europe.

Angela: (Disappointed) Aww, that’s not near here.

Sgt. Moore: No, I’m sorry, honey.

Angela: I thought you requested to be closer to me. (Sits on couch)

Sgt. Moore: I did. (Sits with Angela) But my orders are to upgrade security at the embassies. By the way, that’s highly classified. (Eric pops up from behind the couch with the most ridiculous smile ever. Sgt. Moore promptly shoves his head back down)

Angela: (Sighs) So daddy, how long is it gonna be this time?

Sgt. Moore: A year.

Angela: (Whiney) A year? That’s forever!

Sgt. Moore: (Smiling) Not if you come with me. (Cory, Topanga, Jack, and Rachel, who’ve been eavesdropping, look stunned)

Angela: (Also looking stunned) What?

Sgt. Moore: (Takes Angela’s hand) I want you to come with me to Europe, Angela.

[Enter Shawn]

Shawn: (Cheerfully) Heh-heh-hey! (Walks over to Sgt. Moore and Angela) There’s the man that put me and Angela back together.

Sgt. Moore: (Shakes Shawn’s hand, grinning) Shawn…

Shawn: How are ya?

Sgt. Moore: Good.

(Shawn catches notice of Angela’s somber expression)

[SCENE – Student Union, continued from earlier]

Shawn: (To Sgt. Moore) I’ve been taking good care of your daughter, sir.

Sgt. Moore: I knew that you would, Shawn.

Shawn: (To Angela) Hi, baby. (Walks past Sgt. Moore to her)

Angela: (Oddly giddy) Hi! (Giggles, Shawn kisses her)

Shawn: What’s goin’ on?

Angela: (Less giddily) Hi…

Sgt. Moore: Uh, I’m sure you two have a lot to talk about. I’ll be back at the hotel.

Shawn: Uh, we should have dinner later, sir.

Sgt. Moore: Yeah. I’d like that.

Shawn: Good. (Sgt. Moore exits, turns to Angela) Okay, what’s going on?

[Cut over to Cory and Topanga at the tables]

Cory: (Throws down newspaper) Okay, what’s goin’ on?

Topanga: Well, I’m up for this Brown-Elliot internship…

Cory: (Interrupting) You, you, you, you! I’m talking about Shawn! (Points to Shawn)

Topanga: Oh… Angela’s dad’s invited her to go to Europe with him. Shawn has no idea.

[Cut back to Angela and Shawn]

Shawn: Come on, how bad could it be with all the stuff that goes on in my life.

Angela: (Sighs) my father wants me to go with him to Europe.

Shawn: (Happily relieved) That’s it?

Angela: Yeah, but…

Shawn: (Interrupting) Go to Europe with your father! Where’s bad there?

Angela: (Cautiously) For a year?

Shawn: (Mortified) There’s bad.

[SCENE – Eric, Jack, and Shawn’s apartment. Shawn is fixing a sandwich at the counter while Coty paces around]

Cory: No. No. No. No. No.

Shawn: (Not facing Cory) Wow. Europe.

Cory: No.

Shawn: I can just see her now.

Cory: No.

Shawn: Sitting in an outdoor café. Reading poetry. Sipping espresso.

Cory: You know what else they got in Europe aside from cafés, Shawn? They got men. Men named… Paolo. Enrique! (Leans around Shawn threateningly) Milosh! And they sit there prowling around in their dirty Ferraris looking for that fresh American meat. (Pounds fist for effect)

Shawn: Look, I trust Angela.

Cory: (Does a callous French laugh, then speaks in a French accent) I’m eating a croissant! Jump into my Porsche, and we will drive on the wrong side of de road! (Imitating Angela) But I love Shawn! (In accent) Phooey on Shawn! If I was your man I would never let you go! (Points upwards authoritatively, paces back behind Shawn) Shawn couldn’t possibly satisfy you! (Shawn turns to Cory) He’s a little trailer body! With a stupid, American…

Shawn: (Stopping Cory) Alright, okay, okay, shut up! (Walks over to the couch and sits)

Cory: You know, I love that you can proudly lie to yourself while your life is just falling apart. Really! I just find it adorable.

Shawn: (Shrugs) I just want Angela to be happy.

Cory: (Points vindictively) You’re a liar! (Sits next to Shawn) A year away will k*ll your relationship.

Shawn: How often do you really get to spend time with your father?

Cory: (Slight pause) That’s nice, Shawn. You’re gonna nice yourself out of the girl you love?

Shawn: (Pause, thinking) No. I’ve lost too many people that love me. I’m not letting this one go.

Cory: Good.

Shawn: I’m gonna tell her to stay. (Stands)

Cory: (Stands, stopping Shawn) Nicht!

Shawn: What?

Cory: You can’t do that.

Shawn: Why not? (Walks past Cory)

Cory: Because you can’t make this decision for her. (Follows Shawn into the kitchen) I mean, that would be like me telling Topanga she can’t go to Yale. It’s a decision she’s gotta make on her own.

Shawn: (Retrieves a Coke from the fridge) Well, isn’t that risky?

Cory: Well, you said she loves you?

Shawn: (Opens Coke) She does.

Cory: ‘Kay, then there’s no risk. Listen to me, (puts his arm around Shawn) take it from experience. (Shawn sips his Coke) Women have gotta go through a process. With women, it’s all about the process. (A bit frustrated) And shoes. (Stews)

Shawn: So if I let her go through this process, she’ll make the decision to stay all by herself.

Cory: (Steps away, excitedly) Yes! And she’ll love you even more! And she’ll stay right here, never go anywhere, and always be in that living room.

Shawn: (Calmly) Huh, this’ll be, like, the first time that everything’s turned out okay in my life.

Cory: Definitely. The only monkey wrench is that I’ve noticed most of Topanga’s shoes… come from Europe. (He and Shawn exchange uncertain looks)

[SCENE – Student Union. Jack is speaking on the phone, while Rachel sits on the couch]

Jack: (On phone) But dad! But daddy! (Slowly lowers phone looking terrified, then meekly shuffles over to Rachel)

Rachel: (Looking through a pamphlet) Peace Core could be a great way to see the world and help people at the same time.

Jack: (Unconcerned with Rachel) Yeah, yeah, peace. I really need to talk about me right now. I have a serious crisis on my hands here.

Rachel: (Sarcastically) Yeah, you, crisis. What could go wrong in that stupid charmed life of yours?

Jack: (Sits, mortified) I’m poor. (Bites his hand sadly) My step-dad’s cutting me off, Rachel.

Rachel: (Suddenly interested, puts down her pamphlet) Why?

Jack: He doesn’t want me to start Um-Jack dot com! He thinks it’s risky, I think it’s brilliant! Idiot… He wants me to be an investment banker and follow in his footsteps.

Rachel: Well… (Shrugs) Then work for your dad.

Jack: I wanna start my own business.

Rachel: (Smiles sheepishly) Then start your own business.

Jack: How? I’ve got no money! I can’t be poor! I’m too good looking to be poor!

Rachel: (Leans in) Jack, stick to your principles. Because without principles, you’re nothing but a shallow, soulless scum. (Nods certainly)

[Cut to Eric, who has picked up the payphone Jack was on]

Eric: (Into phone) Yes, hello, Jack’s rich step-father? I’ll be your son for money. (Pause while his smile quickly fades) Well, it sounds painful, sir, but I’ll do it for money.

(Topanga enters and walks over to Cory, who had been near the counter)

Cory: Hey, Topanga!

Topanga: Hey, Cory.

Cory: Listen, I’m so sorry for what I did.

Topanga: What did you do?

Cory: (A bit shocked) Aren’t we fighting?

Topanga: (Brief pause, concernedly) No.

Cory: Yeah, but I woke up alone this morning, I thought we had a sleep fight.

Topanga: Cory, I had my on-campus interviews for the Brown-Elliot internship this morning.

Cory: (Long pause, stares blankly. Then, suddenly chipper) Oh, yeeeaaaaahhh!! Hey! Brown-Elliot! Alright! (Chuckles) How’d that, uh… How’d that work out for ya?

Topanga: I’m not sure, you know, I really appreciated it when they all applauded for me, but those things can be so hard to read. (Shawn enters, Cory immediately loses interest in Topanga and stares at Shawn) But they’re narrowed it down to only a hundred candidates.

Cory: (Disinterested, stares at Shawn) Mm-hm, that’s… that’s great. (Quickly looks down to Topanga) Good for you. (Looks back up) Shawn! (Walks over to Shawn)

Topanga: (Smiling at Cory, who by now has walked away) Thanks, honey!

[Cut to Cory and Shawn, who’ve just met up across the room]

Cory: Alright, now after Angela tells you that she’s decided to stay here, what do you say?

Shawn: I tell her I wanted her to stay all along, and that my life is miserable without her.

Cory: And this will…?

Shawn: Validate her decision… (Grins cutely) And give me lots of kisses.

Cory: (With Shawn, quickly laughs) I’ve taught you well. Now go get your girl, you crazy kid! (Shawn and Cory stare at each other smiling, then hug exaggeratedly and hold each other’s embrace excitedly)

Shawn: (Almost inaudibly) Alright. (Gets away from Cory, who is almost laughing happily. He goes outside, where Angela sits, presumably studying, at a table) Hi.

Angela: Hey. (Shawn sits) You know I’m going crazy about this.

Shawn: Aw, me too.

Angela: Thanks for letting me work it out.

Shawn: No, hey, you had to go through your process.

Angela: Well, I went back and forth so many times, because you mean everything in the world to me. (Gazes deeply at him)

Shawn: (Quietly, seriously) You mean everything to me.

Angela: (Shakes her head wistfully) And I could never leave you.

Shawn: (Grins widely before speaking) And I could never leave you. (Hugs her)

Angela: (While hugging, giggles, then rubs Shawn’s back. Her smiles fades quickly) Unless… you said… I could go…

Shawn: (Separates, taken aback) What?

Angela: When will I ever get a change like this to be with my father? (Shawn, speechless, takes a long pause before weakly nodding)

[SCENE – Cory and Topanga’s apartment. Cory, in a white T-shirt and boxers, stands holding the door open. Shawn is in the doorway]

Cory: Well, where have you been for two days?

Shawn: (Walks in) I’ve been spending all my time with Angela.

Cory: (Shuts the door) That’s what I like to hear. (He and Shawn sit on the couch) So, did she tell her dad the bad news? How’d he take it?

Shawn: She’s going to Europe, Cor.

Cory: She’s wha?

Shawn: (Collectedly) She’s leaving.

Cory: Whoa, whoa, whoa, rewind for a second.

Shawn: Well, we sat down, and she said that she wouldn’t go if I told her not to. But, y’know, she wants to go. She wants to be with her dad. What could I do?

Cory: (Sighs disgustedly, rubbing his forehead) Ugh. (Looks up, snapping) Are you n*zi faking? She wants you to fight for her, man!

Shawn: No, there’s no fight. Okay, the process: it’s over. She’s going!

Cory: She’s testing you. She wants you to show her how much you love her, Shawn.

Shawn: She knows how much I love her.

Cory: Yeah, but apparently not enough to keep her from going. Right? (Shawn looks inquisitively) I mean, you failed the test, Shawn. (Stands) You forgot to pay attention to what she wants. (Points to the bedroom) Topanga. Topanga is always testing me. Always. It’s nothing but tests between me and the old lady. But I always pass. You wanna know why, Shawn? Because I PAY ATTENTION!

[Enter Topanga from the bedroom looking sharp in a business skirt and whatnot]

Topanga: Okay, wish me luck, I’m leaving.

Cory: (To Topanga, quickly and disinterested) Good luck. (Walks away to the kitchen)

Shawn: What, you’re leaving your man, too, Topanga?

Topanga: (Opens the door) No, I have the final round of interviews in New York. I’ll be back before Angela leaves, though.

Cory: (To Topanga) Hey! Angela is not leaving! Okay? (Walks over to Topanga) That’s negative! And we do not need any Negative Nellies around right now, so good-bye… Nellie! (Turns around to Shawn, his back to Topanga. Topanga steps closer, Cory turns back to face her) Can I help you?

Topanga: Aren’t you gonna kiss me for good luck?

Cory: Good luck. (They kiss)

Topanga: Thanks. (Exits)

Cory: (Turns to Shawn, lecturing) Shawn, you failed. (Sits) You failed because you have absolutely no idea what’s going on with your woman!

Shawn: Where was Topanga going?

Cory: I dunno. (Shrugs) Laundromat?

Shawn: Okay, why would Angela say that she wants to go, if she doesn’t?

Cory: Because how could she turn down her old man unless someone tells her to? (Shawn thinks) Her father’s a strong guy, Shawn. Okay, he told her to go. But she was waiting for an even stronger person to tell her not to.

Shawn: You’re right. (Stands) (Somberly) I didn’t fight, I let her go. (Paces, turns to Cory) You told me to do nothing!

Cory: (Stands) No, I told you to do nothing if she decided to stay. (Increasing intensity) If she decided to go, what idiot wouldn’t do something? I mean, I can’t believe I have to tell you this…

Shawn: (Stopping Cory) Okay, okay, okay, don’t yell at me.

Cory: Did you once ask her to stay?

Shawn: (Dolefully) No…

Cory: Okay, Shawn, then what choice does she have but to go?

Shawn: (Looks up) None.

Cory: It’s you versus her dad. I realize that you like the guy, Shawn, but you’re fighting for the woman you love.

[SCENE – Angela and Rachel’s dorm. It is a mess, as Angela and her father have undoubtedly spent countless hours packing all of Angela’s stuff for her pending excursion to Europe. Sgt. Moore is there alone when there’s a knock at the door. Shawn bursts in]

Shawn: Angela!

Sgt. Moore: (Taping a box shut, squatting) Angela went to get more boxes, Shawn. She’ll be back soon.

Shawn: (Out of breath) Um… She’s not leaving, sir.

Sgt. Moore: (Stands) She’s not?

Shawn: No. I’m gonna ask her to stay, and… she will. ‘Cause she wants to be with me.

Sgt. Moore: Shawn, Angela’s leaving with me.

Shawn: (Laughs reflectively) I thought you were my friend. (Shuts the door)

Sgt. Moore: (Now sitting on a bed, packing) We are friends.

Shawn: Yeah? (Paces into the room) ‘Cause, what kind of friend puts us together, and then rips us apart because he wants to go to Europe?

Sgt. Moore: That was never my intention, Shawn.

Shawn: Oh, it wasn’t? Well then, what was your intention? Because you’re taking her away from her friends… and the person that loves her. She’s got a life here. How could you do that to her?

Sgt. Moore: I want what’s best for Angela.

Shawn: I’m what’s best for Angela. Hey, I am here for her every single day of her life. Can you say that, sir?

Sgt. Moore: (Stands, towering dauntingly of Shawn) No, I can’t.

Shawn: (Looking up at Sgt. Moore bravely) Well, I can. And I know what that’s worth. Because no one who loved me ever was. Not my mom, not my dad.

Sgt. Moore: (Puts his hand on Shawn’s shoulder) I’m sorry that happened to you, son. (Walks away)

Shawn: You know, I went away once.

Sgt. Moore: Yeah, Angela told me about that.

Shawn: (Paces broodingly) I left everyone behind that meant anything to me. And that’s what brought me back. (Turns to Sgt. Moore) (Forcefully) When I realized that nothing out there meant more than the people that are here for you EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Sgt. Moore: (Calmly) Look, I know how you feel, Shawn. I’ve spent far too much time away from my daughter. This may be my last chance to spend some real time with her. This may sound selfish, but I’m not gonna let anything get in the way of that.

Shawn: (Acutely) Well this may sound selfish, but… (Crosses his arms) what if I asked her to marry me?

Sgt. Moore: (Speechlessly) Uh…

Shawn: You said you liked me. (Pause) How much do you like me now? (After a long pause, the two break into uncomfortable laughter led by Sgt. Moore) (While laughing) I don’t know what we’re laughing at, I’m very uncomfortable, sir.

Sgt. Moore: If you and Angela decide that you wanna get married. You think you can take care of each other for the rest of your lives… Then I’ll step aside. And let you be the most important man in her life.

Shawn: I guess we’re just two guys who love the same girl and want what’s best for her.

Sgt. Moore: Well, then one of us better figure out what that is. (Smiles) (Chuckling quietly) Hm!

[Angela enters]

Angela: What’s going on here?

Shawn: (Backs away from Sgt. Moore quickly) Nothin’.

Sgt. Moore: (Briskly) We weren’t even talking about you.

Angela: (Approaches Shawn) You came to say good-bye to me?

Shawn: (Scratching his temple contemplatively) Huh… no. No, I will never say good-bye to you, because if I say good-bye to you then, (exhales audibly) whoo! That’s it! That’s good-bye.

Angela: You’re right. We should never say good-bye. Because we’re gonna write each other every day and we’re gonna call each other and it’ll be like we’ve never even been apart.

Shawn: Yes. Exactly. We should never be apart. (Pause) I love you.

Angela: I love you, too.

Shawn: (Peers towards Sgt. Moore then leads Angela to the door) And when you love somebody, Angela, it’s okay to be a little selfish.

Angela: Yeah? (Kisses him passionately) Thank you… for letting me be selfish.

Shawn: No, no. Not you, me. (Swallows hard) Look, there’s something I gotta ask you right now.

Angela: You know, because you’re the only person that knows how important it is for me and my dad to spend this time together. (Backs away into her father’s arms, Shawn’s expression is one of horrified loss and unexplainable heartbreak as he and Angela’s hands separate) I only wish you and you dad had this time together. I’m so sorry you didn’t. (Pause) Thank you for giving me my chance.

Shawn: (Takes a long moment to find the right words, then barely chokes them out) I’m really happy for both of you.

Angela: (Walks back to Shawn, closely) What was it that you wanted to ask me?

Shawn: (Smiles weakly) Oh, never mind. (Pause) I figured it out. (Sgt. Moore looks on with seeming approval and Angela strokes Shawn’s goatee affectionately)

[SCENE – Student Union. It is the day of Angela’s departure. Angela and Shawn enter carrying several bulky bags. Eric, Jack, Rachel, and Cory sit on the couch]

Rachel: (Sees Angela) Oh, our world traveler! (Stands nears Angela)

Everyone: (Cheering at once) Hey! Woo! Angela!

Angela: Guys.

Rachel: Oh, I can’t believe you’re leaving! (Hugs Angela, while hugging) My room is gonna be so big without my roomie.

Angela: I’ll be back sooner than you think.

Rachel: Yeah, but I won’t be here. I’m graduating! (Smiles)

Angela: (Choked up) Oh, Rachel…

Rachel: Angela! (Hugs her again) Oh!

Jack: (Approaches the hugging girls, who separate) Wow… you’re gonna have a great time in Europe, I’m sure of it.

Angela: (To all) Aw, I wish you guys were coming with me.

Jack: (Smiling awkwardly) Yeah! I wish too, y’know? But it’s funny, ‘cause I can’t really afford to go anywhere anymore. (Laughs, then abruptly begins weeping) Oh, Jack! (Wanders back to his seat, Rachel comes behind him and rubs his shoulders. They then both sit)

Eric: (Now standing, holding out his arms) Angela!

Angela: Eric!

Eric: Angela-a! Come on! Come on! It’s alright! (Hugs a vaguely resistant Angela) Yeah, let it out, girl! Let it out! Oh! Mm, let it out!

Angela: (Disbelievingly) Eric, we’re touching. (Laughs)

Eric: Mm… (Singing) Ooh, ooh, child. Things are gonna get easier. Ooh, ooh, child, things’ll get brighter. Come on, move with me! (Still hugging Angela, they rock back and forth) There! (Angela is laughing)

[Cut down to Jack and Rachel, sitting]

Jack: (To Rachel) How am I supposed to survive without money?

Rachel: Oh, Jack, you’re just gonna have to scale it down. No more fancy restaurants, no more designer clothes, no more fifty dollar haircuts. (Gestures to his hair)

Jack: (Touching his hair, as though checking to see that it’s there) But that’s Jack! I can’t do that to Jack!

Rachel: You’re really desperate, aren’t you? (Jack hangs his head) It’s kinda fun. (Giggles)

[Cut back up to Eric and Angela, who have stopping hugging. Eric is holding a stack of photos of himself]

Eric: ‘Kay, so I want you to do me a favor. I want you to hand these out to all the European girls you see, okay? And tell them that if they want me to be their American boyfriend, my number’s right there at the bottom of the picture, okay? Now, I’ve only got five hundred so don’t be handing them out to any hairy chicks, alright? (Holds them out to Angela)

Angela: (Reluctantly takes them) (Insincerely) I’ll do my best.

Eric: (Smiling) I’m gonna miss you. You were always my favorite.

Angela: Really?

Eric: (Shrugging & Shaking his head) I dunno… (Walks to the couch and sits)

Angela: (Hands off Eric’s photos to a random girl, then circles around the back of the couch) Cory, is she gonna make it?

Cory: (Stands) Yeah, yeah, she’ll be here. Y’know, she’s been busy lately doing… I don’t know, something.

Angela: Cory?

Cory: Yeah?

Angela: Thanks.

Cory: For what?

Angela: For being my friend. Believing in me and Shawn as much as you believe in you and Topanga. (Pulls Shawn close and holds him) (To Cory) I owe you.

[Topanga enters, hurried]

Topanga: Where is she? Where is she?

Angela: (Excitedly, runs over to Topanga) Topanga! (Laughs, runs into Topanga’s hug)

Topanga: (While hugging) I was afraid I wasn’t gonna make it. (Looks at Angela) I’m gonna miss you so much.

Angela: Yeah, but what am I gonna do without my best friend?

Topanga: (Pause, collects herself) You’re gonna do great. Send me shoes. (Cory perks up at the mention of the word, then looks to Shawn)

[Enter Sgt. Moore in uniform. He removes his hat]

Sgt. Moore: (To Angela) You ready, baby? Cab’s waiting. (Slowly, Angela steps away from Topanga and walks towards Shawn who, with Cory, stands)

Angela: (Closely, to Shawn) Let’s not say good-bye. (Shawn nods) Let’s just say, “I love you.” (Puts her hands on Shawn’s shoulders)

Shawn: (Holds Angela’s arms) (Quietly, emotionally) I love you, too. I always will. (They have a big hug, then Angela slowly backs away) (To Sgt. Moore) Take care of her, sir.

Sgt. Moore: (Angela now at his side) Good man, Shawn. Thank you for giving me and my daughter this chance.

Shawn: (Searches for words) (Quietly, emotionally) I know how important it is.

(Sgt. Moore puts on his hat and takes his bags. He exits. Angela lingers behind, staring at Shawn longingly. Slowly, she backs out and opens the door. She steps outside, letting the door shut, whiling still staring at Shawn through the glass. She takes a couple more steps back, then finally turns and exits)

Shawn: (To self) Good-bye, Angela. (Shuts his eyes, hangs his head)

Cory: (Approaches Shawn from behind, puts his hands on Shawn’s shoulders comfortingly) Don’t spin out of control, okay? (Pats Shawn’s back)

Topanga: (Approaches timidly) Cory. I got that Brown-Elliot internship.

Cory: (With Shawn, turns to face Topanga) Huh?

Topanga: Yeah, they offered me a scholarship at NYU Law School. And they told me that once I graduate and pass the bar, they would like me to work for their firm.

Cory: (Very confused) What are… Who are… (Points) Where is this coming from, you? (Steps closer, almost threateningly) Wha… What are… What have you been doing?

Topanga: (Pause, somberly) Cory, we have to move to New York.

Shawn: (Puts his hands on Cory’s shoulders) Don’t spin out of control.

Cory: (Begins shaking violently and uncontrollably) What, why, what, WHY? (Grabs Shawn’s wrists) Why did no one tell me!? (Turns, grabs Topanga’s wrists) Why did no one tell me about that? (Still holding Topanga, grabs Shawn’s wrist) Please, someone’s gotta tell me! Someone’s always gotta tell Cory! (Falls to his knees, still dragging Topanga and Shawn) WHY, GOD, WHY?! WHY?!?!

To Be Continued…