03x05 - Strong Like A Demon

Episode transcripts for the 2016 TV show "Escape the Night". Aired June 2016 - September 2019.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

In "Escape the Night" ten guests are invited from the modern world to attend a dinner at Joey Graceffa's newly acquired mansion estate, which has been locked in the 1920's; when America was roaring... roaring with madness. This is a dinner party to die for. No one is safe.

03x05 - Strong Like A Demon

Post by bunniefuu »

male announcer: Previously on "Escape the Night"... Joey and his friends find the next artifact. Matt: It must be the Statue of Era.

announcer: And face off against the Man with No Name to cleanse it. Joey: This just proves that the carnival master is extremely powerful.

announcer: Teala is slain in the final challenge and Ro returns with new purpose. I'm a fighter.

announcer: However, the group fails to recover the Lazarus coin. Is this locked forever? ( dramatic music )

Look at him try! ( laughs ) - Oh! Oh! - Oh! ( laughter )

( indistinct chatter and laughter ) ( grunts ) ( laughter and cheering )

( knuckles cracking ) Yeah! Mm! Muah! ( laughter ) Whoo!

Now, now that don't even feel right. Look at his skinny ass!

Head or gut, little man? Head. You are crazy.

( grunts ) Go back to guarding people in handcuffs.

( wind whistling ) ( mysterious music )

♪ ♪ ( weight clatters ) I can make you strong.

Stronger than ten men. Strong, like a demon.

♪ ♪

( screams ) ( screaming )

( roaring ) ( sinister music ) ♪ ♪

( woman screams ) ( woman cackling ) ♪ ♪

( man choking ) ( man groans ) ( blade shinks )

( woman screams ) ♪ ♪

man: I can give you anything. I can make you strong.

Do you want the world to know your name? ( glass shattering, shrieking ) All you have to do is take my hand.

♪ ♪ Joey said he was going to the bathroom, so we're waiting for him, but it's been a long time.

Joey: Collectively, I can just feel the energy of the group is just down. We're like, "Okay, what do we even do next? What do you think's in there?

I know, if we can open it, something good might happen. Hey, guys, come here. I need to talk to you, please. We're running out of time,

and this box is the only thing we know so far that might help us out. We need to figure out how to open this thing and the only clue that we have is these coins, this shape.

- Mm-hmm, right. - And it's the same thing that was on Joey's book bag before we got to this hellhole. - Mm-hmm. - Yes. It's also on the map

and I'm starting to really feel like we can't trust Joey. ♪ ♪ It's been really weird. All those "bathroom breaks."

- Where are you going, bitch? - And also every single time we ask him about this, he's super sketchy. He'll be like, "Oh, it's this society

that found out about this... I do think that Joey knows more than he's telling us, but I'm not sure that he's evil.

It's time that we get some answers. - Mm-hmm. - Let's go find Joey. - I agree. - Great. Let's go. Some people are feeling suspicious of Joey.

I'm feeling concerned. Rosanna: Did something happen to him? Did he get, like, kidnapped? Like, what's going on?

We're like no bitch left behind and we start searching for his ass. - Yeah. - You guys, you guys. - What? - There's a person standing

- over there. - J--it's Joey. Manny: So we find Joey and he's at this creepy-ass weird bridg, in front of this creepy-ass freakin' cemetery

and I'm like, "You're trying it, bitch. Like, you're actually trying it right now I had the right mind to b*at his ass right there.

- Joey. - Joey, what are you doing? - Uh-oh. - Hey, Joey. He's staring at the frickin' demon, y'all. That's not normal.

Joey's acting super weird. He's not responding to his name. He's not turning around when we're yelling at him. - Joey. - Ah!

You scared me. What are you doing? Joey, what are you doing over here? Uh-oh, Colleen? That's where the darkness is coming from.

That's where the carnival master is. Manny: How do you know that there's evil coming from over there? I've been here before.

Rosanna: You've been to this town before? In a dream, or physically, honey? Do you remember, or you feel it? We need some more facts.

Safiya: Joey says that the symbols on the Lazarus Box stands for the Society Against Evil, who he says he's worked for before.

I've helped them in the past, and they asked for my help again. Which is why we're all here.

If you've been here before, and you saw us at the séance... Joey: I don't know how I got here. And then you came back, you know how to get out. I don't know how I got here. I don't know how I left,

- but I did. - That's a lot of IDKs, okay. Manny: Mm-hmm. I know I sound crazy right now, but I have.

Like, I can't obviously tell them that I saw this church when I d*ed. You know what? I'm over this. This is not helping any of us right now.

Let's just go back to the map and that's the only thing we have to go off of. - Yeah. - Ch-chh! Calliope: Something has changed on the map.

- Oh, you brought the map. Okay. - Something has changed. Oh, my God, sneaking up on people like that.

Safiya: So Calliope comes over with the map and on it, we see a police station

and another carnival tent that's appeared. This town has had police the entire time? - What the hell? - What are we doing here?

Girl, I'd rather deal with clowns again than go back to jail, allegedly. "You think you're stronger than me, kid?

"I'm stronger than ten men. "I'm strong like a demon. Come to the show and prove your strength."

- Step right up! - Oh, my God! - Oh, my God! - Step right up! Someone from the big tent calls out to us.

woman: Step right up! Y'all here to see the strongman, huh? - Yeah. - Yes, ma'am. Is he a nice strongman?

You gonna find out, aren't you, cutie? ( spits ) We're greeted by a carnie. Rosanna: She's kind of crass

and she's spitting, like, at us. Step inside. - Oh, my God. - Oh, great, clowns.

Joey: Wait, guys, we have to be careful-- Only the strongest among you... - I mean-- - Can open the strongman's box.

So we're gonna have us a little arm-wrestling match to find out which one of y'all is the strongest.

I need y'all to pair up into teams. Manny: Yes, I am the boy with all the makeup on, I am the prettiest one, but I'm like, "you know what?

I can still be the strongest one too. I'm the weakest person that I know, so I snag up Ro. So I think I might have a chance of b*ating her.

It's tough being a dead man and having to work out. It's not my priority right now. - What is this? - It's an arm-wrestling--

I didn't know that we actually had to go up against someone. I thought we had to pick a teammate and I thought, "Hey, Matt, I haven't worked with you yet.

May the best person win. Go! Manny: Come on, Nikita, you got this! You got this, Nikita!

Come on! Show him who's boss! Ahh. I'd rather lose than, uh, break these nails.

Colleen, can I even reach the table? I mean, what do we do here? - Maybe--I'll get you a step stool. - You got this.

I'm going up against Colleen and I have no clue. With arm-wrestling, you don't know.

- Go! - Come on, girls. - Come on! - You got this! Yeah! - Come on! - ( groaning )

( cheering ) That cute little muffin is strong! - She crushed me! - ( grunts )

Joey: Part of me is like, "You know what? I can b*at her." The other part of me is like, "I don't know what is under that sweater."

Ready? Go! - Ooh! - Get that puppy. Aw! ( sighs )

Joey: She looked so disappointed in herself. It felt bad, but at the same time, I won.

woman: Next, we got Matt and Ro. Rosanna: All right! - All right! I'm assuming I'm gonna lose,

but I'm gonna give it my all. You never know. Go! - Yes, Ro. - Come on.

Aw! You're so strong. Matt: I am in the finals of a strength challenge, baby!

That is the first and last time that that will ever happen in my life. That's so gross. Ew, I hate you.

Manny: So I realized that I have to go against Joey and I'm kind of giggling inside because I'm like, "Bitch, those arms... ( scoffs ) What arms?

Go! - Ooh! - Oh, my God! - No, he didn't. - Oh!

Matt: So when I see that my final opponent is Manny, I'm not surprised. He, like, is the strongest of all of us,

like, by a factor of three. woman: Okay, we got a winner. - Come on. - Oh!

( grunting ) I know that everyone expects me to lose, and I'm not going to fall into their expectations.

- I have you down, bitch. Give up. - I'm not going down until my fist touches the damn pad! - Come on! - I'm gonna call it here in a minute.

Come on, eyelashes. - Oh! - There we go. Manny: I'm the strongest bitch here. I--literally, if I had a weave,

I would have tossed it to the side, caught it on this side, and brushed it with some hair. Only the strongest can open the strongman's box.

So because I am the strongest, I have to go in and open up this box. And I look inside, and it is a pyramid thing.

"The demon that lives inside this configuration "has escaped and must be locked back inside "to cleanse the artifact.

The missing pieces must be restored to the cube to seal it." This artifact looks like a triangle

with a smaller pyramid inside, and we're gonna have to find all sides of this pyramid

to trap it back inside again. Hold on, that's the artifact? - Yeah. - That means we just released the strongman.

- ( roaring ) - ( screaming ) - I smell fear! - You think you're stronger than me?

No one's stronger than me! Lo and behold, there he is, the strongman himself, ready to destroy us all.

- Look at that arm! - I'll destroy you all! Waving this giant mutant arm around. It's like, "Bro, you got a good arm there,

but you gotta find some balance." Nikita: And also a homegirl runs in and she's all covered in things,

and the only thing I really noticed at that point was, like, why does she have the same shoes as me? Like, that's so gross.

Matt: Guys, we gotta get out of here! I start racing behind the curtain, trying to escape,

but this demonic guy basically reaches through the curtain and grabs me by the elbow.

So I'm captured at this point. - Come here! - Hey, you leave her alone! - Hey! Hey! - Pick on someone your own size!

Okay, let's just get out of this tent so we don't get got or get captured in any way, shape, or form. Okay, come on. This way, this way, this way, this way.

Ah! Ooh, ahh. Joey: No! - Joey, Joey. - Joey.

So we're safe, but Ro and Safiya get captured. Ah! He's a police officer! - Come here! - Look, she's right.

That guy used to be a cop. woman: I can smell your fear! ( grunts )

Get in there! Don't fight it. Just let it happen. Get in there!

Go! ( grunts ) - ( roars ) - Back up! ( keys rattling )

- Oh, you're so sexy! - Come on, baby. ( both grunting )

Yeah! Mm. ( both moaning ) Okay, all right! Okay.

That's enough! - Go get more of them! - Fine! Go! ( grunts ) Damn, he's sexy.

You lookin' at something? - No. - Nope. At this point, we know we have to split up.

One group has to go cleanse the artifact and finish the damn thing. The other group had to go into jail

and break Safiya and Ro out of it. Manny: So me and Joey decide we're gonna go save our damsels in distress, 'cause they're amazing and we love them.

♪ ♪ Strongman: Where are you?

- Ah! There you are! - Come on, hurry. Rosanna: We start searching around the jail cell, and I find a spoon with a note in the mattress.

Note says something about digging in a marked spot. Right here! Right here.

Rosanna: Found it, behind the mattress. And we know we gotta start digging. ♪ ♪

Safiya, we're here to break you guys out. Is there a lock? Do we need to find a key? ♪ ♪

There's a power box. A power box? Oh, guys, she's coming. - Step right up! - Oh, look who it is.

- Oh, my God, bitch. - Did y'all miss me? - No. - I missed you. - Not really. - Thank you. Now get out of my face.

She just hands us this weird, little carnival thing and I was like, "Let me just twist it,"

'cause that's just my first intuition. - Wait, it's operating this! - You turned on the ferris wheel! - It turned on the ferris wheel. - Okay.

Nikita: We went over to the ferris wheel and we have absolutely no time to sit around and waste. I think I have to keep spinning this to make it work.

It seems like any time we move the toy ferris wheel, the big ferris wheel moves too. Nikita: Should I keep turning this?

This box is locked, we don't know how we're gonna open it, but I think we need to get on that ferris wheel. Nikita: Wait, wait. "Who among you is the captain,

and who is the joker?" Matt: On the bottom of the ferris wheel toy is a riddle, saying something about "one of you has to be the captain.

"The captain has to be the one with two legs on the ground. The joker will complete the trio." And then it says that the tallest has to be on top.

So we immediately think the tallest of us has to be put on top of the ferris wheel. - How tall are you? - I'm 5' 6".

- I'm 5'9". How tall are you? - Like 5'4", plus hair. - Okay. - Obviously, the bigger the hair, the closer to God.

Maybe it would help me save the town. I put myself on the top and I look around and I see...

There seems to be something on the porch outside of our lounge. Really, there's nothing that's speaking to us,

saying that we have solved what this puzzle is trying to tell. woman: ( mimics dramatic music )

Joey: So I'm searching in the car and there's absolutely nothing in here. I'm looking for anything that can pop the trunk-- nothing.

Okay, Joey--guys, she's coming. Joey, she's coming back. - Hey! - Yeah, come on, come on.

You think--you think--you trying to make me look stupid? woman: Yo, yo, yo, stop. Stop right there!

The demon cop's girlfriend might have a drinking problem, but it's working in our favor right now, so I say, "drink up."

Mortimer: Guys, what's this? - It's got a lock. - It needs a code. - Are you kidding me? - Safiya.

Do you see a number code anywhere? - A number code anywhere? - Yes. Any arrangement of numbers.

All right, let me look. All right, one sec. - Oh, sh*t! I do have something. - You do? Yes! - What?

- Have a what? - Numbers. It's a note, actually. It says, "Take a number. Double it. Add nine. Subtract three. Divide by two.

Subtract your original number, then add 100. Joey: Well, you figure out what that is, then. All right, I'll work on this, okay.

- Do that while we distract. - All right. - Two. Double it. Four. - Pick a number? As I'm looking through the math problem,

I'm thinking that it doesn't look that hard, so hopefully I'll be able to do everything inside of my head. Joey: Okay, so I found this rod.

- I think they connect, somehow. - For sure. Then add 100. Got 103. - 103, try it. - 103. 103.

Yes, 103. Try it. It is! Oh, my God. We got it. - Does 103 work? - Yes. Okay, good.

- Whoa. - Is that a bear trap? Joey: So we open the chest and we find a winch. Unfortunately, the winch is not long enough

to reach the window, so we need to find an extension cable. - Reset code is ABBAC, power box. - Hold on to that.

Wait, didn't they say there was a power box in there? Matt: I got it--so on the sides of the ferris wheel

there are different creatures: there's a giraffe, there's a horse, and then you have to be the joker.

Nikita: We figure out that two of us have to go on those and we have to stop the giraffe at the very top.

Activate! I hope this works, you guys! Stop! - Ooh! Ooh! - Yes! Now it's open!

- Got it! - I got it! Colleen: What does it say? You guys, I have a piece. So the chest finally unlocks,

and inside is our first piece to cleansing this demonic pyramid. "The second missing piece of the demonic configuration

can only be found after the demon idol has been reassembled." Okay, that's the thing on the porch.

Is there an idol in there? We're like, playtime is over. The ferris wheel was, hm, fun. I don't want this anymore. Can we throw it?

- No, let's keep it. - I found you! Matt: This way! Come this way. Nikita: Oh, my God, can we go one second

without someone getting captured, or squished, or smushed, or att*cked? Like, it's really stressful out here.

( growling ) Colleen: This guy reminds me of a very large, terrifying Logan Paul.

Matt: We find this pole, which basically looks like a three-dimensional puzzle. There are 12 pieces of this giant totem tower.

Here's one. Bring them to the center post. There's some there. This is coming off. The second missing piece... ( indistinct )

Colleen: This thing is impossible! It doesn't make any sense! - Oh! Coming here. - Who is that?

- Oh, no. - ( growls )

Listen, my power box in here is locked. Joey: We have a power box out here too. There's a power box right in there.

So Manny and Joey need me to press a specific passcode into an electrical box.

Joey: Can you use this as an extension? Safiya: Yes. Yes, I could. Be careful. Be careful. Be careful. Okay.

♪ ♪ Safiya: I am so nervous that the cop's girlfriend is gonna come back in and see me doing this.

Manny: And I'm like, "Okay, you know what? I'm gonna go ahead and be the bait, and I'm gonna go and try to distract the chick.

Hey! Where are you coming from and where are you going? Manny: Who me? Safiya: I get the first four pretty easily.

I can't get the last letter. I keep missing, and finally, I'm able to press that last letter.

And the electrical box inside of my cell opens. Joey: ( gasps ) Manny! Manny! woman: You see this? My street!

- My police station! - This way! And inside is a piece of that pyramid, which is awesome, but it's not gonna help us get out of this cell.

Joey: So as soon as the girls enter the code, our box outside the jail cell opens up and releases an extension cord.

Rosanna: I have been digging forever. The clay is so frozen solid. I'm getting chunks out, but not a lot is happening.

I decide, fine. It's time to ruin the platform oxfords. I will kick this out.

Yes! We have a coin for the box of Lazarus. - Good job, Ro. - Yes, thank you. - Yes! - Yes!

p*stol squats for the win, even though that had nothing to do with that. woman: Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! What kind of funny business is going on around here, huh?

Safiya: Veronica, we're having a fun night, you're drinking whiskey, you look good. Don't worry about it. I know.

Okay, Manny, come on, let's crank it. Oh, my God.

No, it's going. It's going. Veronica: Hey! Oh, my God. Oh, my God.

Veronica: Something looks fishy in here. Rosanna: It's just my coat. It's really ugly. - Yeah, the winter line was not my favorite. - Painfully ugly.

- But it is the new-new, so I-- I sprung for it. - Yeah, absolutely.

Guys! As soon as the cop's girlfriend turns around, Ro and I jump out the window

and we basically book it back to the lounge. - Okay, let's go. - All right, guys, let's go. ♪ ♪

- Coast is clear! Come on. - We're running out of time. I know. I know we're running-- We decide to figure out this three-dimensional totem puzzle

the same way you do, really, any puzzle at home: find the most prominent designs and try to match them up.

- Hey, guys. - Oh, it's your friends. We have to figure out this puzzle. We're almost complete with it. - Okay. - We're not almost complete.

- This goes in the middle. - We have a general idea. Manny: We're so excited because we just broke out Ro and Safiya out of jail and no one's even looking at us,

and we're like, "We just broke the b*tches out!" Like, can we get a little bit of praise? We don't have time to celebrate.

We need to figure out this puzzle. This is the front side. This is the back side, - or vice versa. - Okay. It's a huge 3-D puzzle that needs to line up.

It's cool. - Yes. That fits. - Yes. Good. Okay. - We need two more. - That works. It fits.

- That's it. - Okay, put this on. - Check it upside-down too. - Yeah. - Exactly. Yes. - ( growling ) - Oh, he's back. - You guys, hide.

Quick, quick, quick. Joey: I am not expecting the strongman to come out.

I thought the other group took care of him! So there I am, just hiding with the stuffed animals.

( growls ) Rosanna: We have to hide 'cause I don't want to get caught again. I don't want to go back to jail.

( yells ) ♪ ♪

- Coast clear. - Okay. Gone. Joey: I might not be the strongest man,

but I am the best hider. - Yep, that's right. - This is it. Right here. Right here, right here. - That's it! - We got it!

Colleen: We finally solve the puzzle and this little compartment pops open. Joey pulls out the final piece of the artifact,

and we are good to go. "To cleanse the artifact, insert the fragments "into the configuration and wrap it with a holy band of leather.

"To recover the leather band, a new strongman must be found." And they are literal with "strong man."

Choose wisely. "Only the strongest will survive." Again, dropping like flies!

I know that we need to put up two guys for this strongman competition and we have three men here.

Two are great competitors, really strong, have helped so much, and one has been a shady bitch. I feel like I am a player that does everything

- and I do them well. - And he does them so well that you won the strongman competition. And I'm the strongest, so if we ever need any kind of strength situation,

- that's me. - Which is right now. We need--it says we need to find the strongest man,

and you proved yourself earlier tonight, that you are the strongest man. Manny: So why would you want to go against me? I don't want to go against you.

Why would you want to go against me? I think we should put up Joey. - He's been acting very strangely this entire time. - Me?

Matt: He has some connection to this league that he's not telling us about. Hey, my life is on the line here.

I need the other two to go in. Joey, what do you have to say? Well, first of all,

I feel a connection to this town and I have a purpose here.

There's something more that I have to do here, and if I'm k*lled before that time,

you guys won't get out of here alive. You need me. Liar. - How am I a-- How is that a-- - You're a liar!

- I don't believe it. - I don't believe anything that you say. - Why? - I know. Because you're the reason we all are here in the first place. You know things that you're not telling us.

You're being sketchy. Your friends are dying. You don't seem to care. I think you need to go home because I think you're a liar.

I do not trust you. Okay, well, we've said our piece. I would like to talk to each of you individually, please.

Ro, can we go talk somewhere? Thank you. Individually? Why is she being so intense toward me?

I think she's scared. I trust Joey because I know Joey as a friend. He doesn't have an evil bone in his body.

I don't think we need Joey. I'm thinking if we get rid of him, maybe this all just disappears. Like, what if he's the link to the town?

Matt: So I know that if I get even one vote, then I'm gonna go in, so I need to make sure as few people vote for me as possible.

How long can you be friends with someone who's brought you to a place that's put all of us in danger? And we're dying, so toxic relationship.

( clicks tongue ) Bye, honey. Safiya: I talk to Joey and I tell him, "If you're able to tell us something more

"to reassure our confidence in you, I think it would go a long way with the group." We need everything out on the table

if we're gonna save this town. Joey: I realize now is the best time that we're gonna get to just confess what's going on.

I didn't want to tell you guys this from the beginning, because I was scared of, like, what you guys would think.

Um, truth is, I d*ed. - What? - You what?

I--I d*ed and I woke up in this town. I was so scared. I didn't know what was going on.

And I signed a contract that I would save this town and they would bring me back to life.

And if I don't save this town, I die with it.

You should have told us from the beginning. I know. I should've told you guys, but I didn't--I didn't know how you guys would take it.

Pretty poorly, actually. 'Cause what you just said is that you're willing to trade nine lives for yours, Joey?

- Great. - Obviously, the guys, especially Matt, are livid because it's only the three of them

up for this final death challenge. I have unfinished business that I need to do here,

so that's why it's so important that I don't go out into that elimination. Nice acting, Joey!

I don't believe any of it. He even had a single tear. I swear to God, that was a spit tear. I feel like he was like, "Oh."

Calliope: It is now time to vote. Colleen: I swear to God, if the results are not Manny and Joey, I am going to be furious.

Safiya: I don't know if I can vote for Joey in this instance because I think that he has more information that we might need.

Rosanna: I really hate challenges. I don't like to see anybody go. The first male going into the challenge is

the detective. I'm going into the challenge. It sucks. I am devastated.

The second male going into the challenge is... And I swear to God, if it is not Joey...

( inhales ) The record producer. Here. There's no justice here!

Mortimer: All right, guys, we gotta get you changed for this. So we realize that we need to change outfits. - Come on. - So we go back into the arcade,

I drop trou, put on trou. All right, guys, so these are your strongmen.

And I'm like, okay, cool. This is cute. This is different. I'm wearing this cute, little white tee, red little booty shorts, a little bandana.

Like, and I'm looking even more pretty, and I'm like, "Yes." The rest of you are gonna come watch.

Matt: I don't like to be seen in shorts. I'm very sensitive about how my legs look. Safiya: I feel this pit in my stomach,

like I'm just gonna watch my friend die. Manny: "The first to win three of five feats of strength

will be the victor." So our first challenge, we have to pull a tire, and we need to, like, run it across a frickin' line.

woman: Step right up, stupid! Okay, I need to run low, and just give myself some traction.

Begin! ( cheering )

Manny: I smoked him. Manny: 1. Matt: 0. So that's one event down.

Matt: So sh*t put is all based on technique, and I know that by running towards the line, and then launching, I'm actually going to be launching the ball with more momentum.

So I take a couple steps back, - I run forward and heave it! - woman: Nothing!

He launches it pretty well and I'm thinking, "Damn, dude." - Look how weak he is! - Exactly!

Manny: I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just gonna use momentum and just run and just kind of like, (grunts). ( laughs )

Mortimer: No. Manny: And then, it doesn't go as far as Matt's. Colleen: All the sudden, Matt pulls out a win and I am shocked.

Good job, Matt! - Let's see who's stronger! - Begin, guys. ( cheering )

- Keep those buckets up. - Higher. Manny: Freaking, the chick starts banging on my bucket, starts tickling me.

( cheering ) My arms just start convulsing.

Manny: Oh, my God, I'm starting to shake too, and I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I'm like, just saying, "A little bit longer, a little bit longer."

I try to force my mind away from the pain that my shoulders are in, but it doesn't work! I'm going down.

- Damn it! - ( laughs ) Manny: 2. Matt: 1. Nikita: You're a bitch!

By the way, my shoes are better, even though we're wearing the same and you need to be working that other arm because that arm's too big.

Honestly felt as though I could have taken her. I could have even probably taken the one-armed man! I was so invested. You gotta take them all the way down to Fat Man Slim's

- and all the way back. - Don't stop, you guys. Go! ( cheering )

I can't lose focus and look over at Manny. I need to run my own race as fast as possible. Manny: I'm keeping up with him,

and soon as I get to the edge of Fat Man Slim's, I slip, and I'm like, "There's no way I'm gonna be able to recover." ( cheering )

- Matt! - Come on! Matt is the winner of the fourth challenge. Matt: So I win the farmer's carry.

- It's two, two. - It's time for a tie-breaker. - They can just stay. - They can just stay. Matt: So Mortimer pulls up the arm-wrestling table

one more time-- my old friend. Manny: Hey, Matt, I love you, just like in the beginning,

but is literally a arm-wrestling match to the death, and I'm going to try to win. Oh, my God, I don't like this. I don't like this.

- I don't like this. - You ready? One! ( cheering )

What the hell, Matt? When did this-- Like, you were not this strong before. You got no chance, buddy! No chance!

Oh, this is it! ( cheering ) I'm not going to give up.

My life is at stake! ( cheering )

I see how angry that strongman is. He wants blood! Oh!

No! ( cheering ) woman: Put him down on the ground!

Yeah! Nikita: Yes! Oh, my God!

Manny won! Of course! Manny: I win and I'm like, "Yes! I won!"

And I'm freaking out, but then I realize, I look across, I see Matt, and I realize he's about to die.

- Whoo! - You ready to die? - ( growls ) You're gonna die! - Look for the coin! - Look for the coin! - Matt!

- Look for the Lazarus coin! - No! ( screaming and grunting )

( dramatic music ) ♪ ♪ ( tone chimes )

( panting ) So we've cleansed the fourth artifact,

but we've also lost Matt, which is probably our biggest loss up until this point.

Just for the record, the strongest man, full face of makeup. Manny: I'm thrilled at the fact that I won, but I'm also feeling devastated.

And I'm thinking, did we just really mess up? Joey: All my cards are on the table at this point. There's nothing left to hide

and we just need to band together at this point if we want to make it out of here alive. Safiya: I'm trying not to feel hopeless.

We do have one of the Lazarus coins now, and I'm just focusing on finding the next one and surviving.

Rosanna: One of the many reasons I love Matt is because he is a team player. His last words were "go find that other coin,"

and we have to do it. That's the only way we can honor him. ( sinister music )

♪ ♪

( laughter, bell dings )