02x05 - A Tough New Enemy! Freeza, Emperor of the Universe

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Dragon Ball Z". Aired: April 5, 2009 – March 27, 2011.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Follows the adventures of Goku who, along with the Z Warriors, defends the Earth against evil.

02x05 - A Tough New Enemy! Freeza, Emperor of the Universe

Post by bunniefuu »

Dammit! Don't worry, you're just entangled in them.

Just wait until evening, and you'll get loose all on your own.

Who are you guys? Is this not Planet Namek? It doesn't have any fancy name like that! This scummy planet is like a big trash heap in space.

It doesn't have any cities, or people, or anything decent to eat or drink.

We were forced down on this planet when we got caught in some cosmic tides.

Our spaceship was smashed up, and we were at our wit's end when you folks showed up.

We were going to swipe your spaceship and get out of here right away, but unfortunately, there is a gigantic cosmic tidal current in the way, and we couldn't move.

So, you're saying that you were just k*lling time up to now? That's right.

While you were out, we probed you to find out about Earth, the secret of the Dragon Balls, and even what Namekians looked like.

Then, the lake, and the giant, and the ice cave were all Illusions that we made you see.

W- what kind of despicable joke is this!? It was pretty thrilling, wasn't it? Get bent, you bastards! A- as hectic as things are right now-! Don't be mad.

In exchange for taking your spaceship, we just let you have a bit of a dream, didn't we? It's better than being k*lled, right? Yeah, we aren't the barbaric type.

We're more gentle.

The cosmic tidal currents move just a little bit each day.

But once in a very rare while, an opening appears in them.

An opening? Yeah.

And this fog is our indicator of that.

As long as this fog is out, we can escape.

What are you doing!? We're going to search for the Dragon Balls.

We never thought anything in the world could be so amazing.

This time, you guys stay here.

You'll wait until someone else comes down on this planet.

Later! J- just a minute! Hey! Bulma-san, what are you doing!? Hurry and go after them! Are you saying I should get our stuff back by myself!? W- well, the way things are Hey, by the way, you do know how to fly this, don't you? It's simple.

You tell this thing to fly, and it flies, all on its own.

That's amazing.

Okay, let's take off! Open the door! Hey What's the matter!? Open the door! All right! They don't know how to open the door, do they? --How are you coming, Gohan? --No good! They're squirming all over, and I'm getting nowhere! Kuririn-san! D- darn it! All right, now! Kuririn-san All right What is this? If we don't hurry it up, the fog is going to lift! Why didn't you make sure to look into this? Shut up! We just need to bring the girl with us, right? Huh? Ah, h- hold on We did it! Yahoo! Come on, open it! We can't afford to dally around! Once the opening in the cosmic tidal currents closes, there's no telling when it will open again! L- listen, let's all go together, like friends.

You're saying you want to come with us back to our planet? It will take 50 years.

Huh? 50 years!? Hurry it up! Hurry, or else! A- all right.

" Piccolo" All right! So, there's a password, is there? Take care, now.

There is food to eat, if you're not too fussy.

Like snakes, and lizards.

They can be pretty good, depending on how you cook them.

" Piccolo!" What!? Whew, you're here at last.

I hate snakes.

D- damn it, if that's how it's going to be Oh, wow, they're weaker than I thought.

You're right.

I told you, we're not barbarians, like you guys are.

Oh, no! The fog is about to lift! We have to hurry, or the tidal opening will close! Let's go! Thank you.

If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have known how to get out of here.

See you later.

Bulma-san, where is the opening in the cosmic tide? I can see it now.

It's where that gas is blowing through.

It's almost closed! It's all or nothing.

Here we go! We got through! We've slid in safe! Now, we have to make up for lost time.

Destination: Planet Namek.

Full speed.

How strong those guys were! They were too much for us.

I wonder when the next one will come down here.

At that moment, Vegeta was hastening along his route toward Planet Namek from a different direction.

l won't let Freeza have it his way any longer.

l will make sure I get the Dragon Balls, just you watch! Say, Goku-sa W- what? It's been a month already, huh? Y- yeah I forgot to give him some nail clippers.

I'd send him some if there were a delivery service.

Y- yeah, I guess so.

That's too bad, huh? Y- you were standing guard, huh? 34 days after blasting off from Earth, Bulma and the others had finally arrived at their destination of Planet Namek.

We made it! There it is! There it is! Wow, it sure is pretty.

It's the real one this time, right? No question about it.

The computer says that this is the genuine Planet Namek.

We got here four days later than we planned.

It's just like those kids said.

It's a good thing we took that shortcut.

Everything turned out all right, didn't it? I guess so.

Now, we're going to land, so sit down and fasten your seatbelts.

There's going to be quite a jolt.

Commence landing in a suitable location.

We did it! We've landed on Planet Namek! We're here! Hang on, now.

I'll examine the composition of the atmosphere.

I made sure to install some sensors.

Wasn't that prudent of me? We'll be lucky enough if there's some level of oxygen here, but I also prepared some atmospheric masks, though that will limit our time out there to roughly This looks sort of like the place where I trained with Piccolo-san.

Yeah, where we first fought the Saiyans, right? I suppose a place that was similar to his home would instinctively be more settling.

Piccolo-san You guys don't ever learn from your previous lessons, do you!? How can you just waltz on out here like this!? You sure are as scary as ever.

For crying out loud.

Well, it's okay, as long as there are Dragon Balls here.

Please Look! I'm reading them! Hooray! Now we can finally- What are you doing? Oh, I was wondering if we weren't being tricked again, so just to make sure It's for real, I tell you! Yow! All right! Hooray! --Hooray, hooray! --Hooray, hooray, hooray! Kuririn-san, there's a strong Ki coming from over there.

A Ki? You're right.

I'm sensing a lot of them.

Yeah, and they're all incredible Ki, too.

W- what does it mean? Oh, come on, what are you talking about? Those are the Namekians.

With Kami-sama and Piccolo being as strong as they were, it's not at all strange that the Namekians from their home would have incredible Ki, too.

But still Those Ki do feel a little bit evil, huh? It's okay, I tell you.

Kaio-sama said that Namekians were gentle by nature, didn't he? There are four Dragon Balls gathered together in that direction.

Come on, let's go meet the Namekians.

Oh, yeah.

Yeah, you're right.

They must be Namekians.

I shouldn't have gotten so jittery, huh? H- haven't we seen that someplace before? It's a Saiyan spaceship! I knew it! It can't be! Again? Are you serious? How? Gohan, mask your presence! We'll be detected! R- right.

I- it's Vegeta.

He's the only one it could be.

Dammit! Has he already healed? Come to think about it, he knows about the Dragon Balls, too.

What do we do? It's hopeless.

The only thing we can do now is return to Earth, right? Isn't that so? Let's hurry back.

If that guy gets the Dragon Balls, it's over.

Bulma-san, please contact Earth and tell them about this, then go on back by yourself.

Me and Gohan will stay here and try to collect the Dragon Balls.

But It's okay.

We'll have the Dragon Radar.

Isn't that right, Gohan? Right.

All right.

Once I get back to Earth, I'll bring Son-kun on board and come back for you.

The round trip will take a little over two months, though.

Wait for us! It's okay! Two months will pass like that! I mean, it's only 60 days! 1440 hours! Right!? R- right.

A little more than two months, right? Freeza, you bastard! I won't let you snatch them away from me! I should be able to handle everyone besides Freeza, but I don't stand a chance of winning if I fight him head-to-head.

Whatever happens, I have to get the Balls away from him and gain eternal life.

Tch! To think I'd be stuck using a Scouter again This way, huh? He's brought Zarbon and Dodoria with him too, has he? W- what was that? S- so now what? Mm-hmm Mm-hmm Right.

So tell that to Son-kun and the others.

Do you read me? Just don't tell Chichi-san.

Got that? Right right mm-hmm I already told you are you listening to me? No, tell everyone but Chichi! Sheesh! Right! Got it!? We're counting on you! Goodbye! Good grief What's the matter, you two? Huh? What? W- why is there another one coming? T- that's what l'd like to know.

Here it is, Freeza-sama.

Oh, very good, very good.

Now there are three more, yes? At last, the evil hidden hand, Freeza, appears.

Will Gohan and Kuririn indeed be able to collect the Dragon Balls?