01x16 - Make Way for Miss Nettle

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Sofia the First". Aired: November 18, 2012 - September 8, 2018.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Animated series features Sofia, an ordinary girl who becomes a princess overnight when her mom marries the king.

01x16 - Make Way for Miss Nettle

Post by bunniefuu »

I was a girl in a village doin' all right then I became a princess overnight now I gotta figure out how to do it right so much to learn and see up in the castle with my new family in a school that's just for royalty a whole enchanted world is waiting for me I'm so excited to be sofia the first I'm findin' out what bein' royal's all about sofia the first makin' my way it's an adventure every day sofia it's gonna be my time sofia to show them all that I'm sofia the first Sofia: "make way for miss nettle.

" ( clock ticking, chiming ) Are you sure you don't want to join us, amber? If you want to learn to grow flowers, sofia, go right ahead.

But digging around in the dirt--ugh!-- Is not my idea of fun.

What are you talking about? That's the best part! I'll have the coach come back to pick you up later.

Okay, bye! Happy gardening! Come on, let's go! Hey, desmond! James! Ohh.

You scared me.

Sorry, dez.

Just sayin' hi.

Miss flora: Oh, good afternoon, children.

We're so pleased that the three of you have chosen to stay For our after-school gardening club.

And you're in for quite a treat, Because we have a surprise for you.

You're not just going to learn gardening, You're going to learn Enchanted gardening! That's right! We have a special guest here to teach today.

A fairy who was once our very own apprentice.

Hmm.

So she worked for you? Yes! So without further ado, Please welcome miss nettle! ( applause ) oh, thank you! Thank you for the kind applause! Keep it coming! Ha ha ha ha! Okay, that's enough.

I don't want to tire your hands out.

You'll be clapping much more once we get started! A-ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm that good.

Thank you, ladies, I've got it from here.

Have fun, children! Now, in enchanted gardening, You grow plants that are extraordinary, And there's nothing better than being extraordinary.

So how do you do it? Watch me.

( snaps fingers ) You start with a magical flower bud Like this rising rosebud.

Then you add just the right amount of magical plant food.

Voila! It grows into a great rising rose stalk.

And why stop at great when you can make it the greatest? Because there's no point in doing anything If you can't be the best.

Wow! Mm-hmm.

You can clap at any time.

Oh, thank you! Thank you for the kind applause.

( giggling ) thank you.

Want more? Of course you do! How about some bouncing bluebells? Brilliant! Aaah! Watch out! They're just flowers, desmond.

There's nothing to be afraid of.

There's always something to be afraid of.

Now, are you ready to try some for yourselves? Sure! Sure! I guess so.

Here are some dancing daisies and laughing lilies And singing sunflowers.

And here's some magical plant food For you and you and you.

Add the right amount of magical plant food, Four pinches of food per flower is a good start, And your little bud will bloom into something extraordinary.

Now: Grow, grow, grow.

Oh! I made a dancing daisy! A small one, but yes, you did it.

Mine isn't working.

Come on, do something! Ha ha ha ha! Remember, that's a laughing lily.

If you too close, they spray you with their pollen, And voila! You can't stop laughing.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Oh! Is he going to be okay? Don't worry, it wears off.

Ha ha ha ha ha-- yeah, I'm good now.

Okay, let's see.

Tablespoon, teaspoon, smidgeon, dash.

Ah.

A pinch.

Flower: la la la la la la la la la la la la laaaaaa! Aaah! ( flower screeches ) Hey! It's okay, desmond.

It's more than okay! It's the biggest, greatest singing sunflower I've seen! Since the last time I grew one.

I used my pinch spoon to get the perfect amount of plant food.

I like to be prepared.

Good thinking.

All right, my little enchanted gardeners, It's time for you to practice All the brilliant things I've taught you.

I'll come back to check on your work later.

Now: Grow, grow, grow, And when in doubt, just do what I would do.

( sofia gasps ) Wait! You dropped your glove! I'd better get this back to her.

We'll just be here Gardening.

Uhh! ( laughing ) Aaah! Where is that book? I must find it! (gasps) miss nettle! Oh! What are you doing in here? I, uh, I lost a seed.

Heh heh.

In our office? Oh, I find that very hard to believe.

What are you really looking for? Well, if you must know, I'm looking for your spell book.

I should have known.

Ah, but you didn't.

You three think you're so much more clever and powerful than I am.

You always have.

But when I get my hands on your spell book, All that will change.

oh, it was many years ago that I served as your apprentice I worked my wings off every day till my magic grew momentous yet you never let me look at your most wonderful possession a secret book of spells that soon became my sole obsession 'cause it was such a bore being fairy number four you treated me like your own chattel it will be far more fun being fairy number one so won't you make way for miss nettle I'm like a pretty rose, but be forewarned mess with nettle and you will get a thorn I'll be as famous as maleficent but twenty-three times more magnificent ( sustaining note ) ( flowers clapping ) oh, thank you.

Thank you very much.

You're too kind.

darlings, it was such a bore being fairy number four and now I have a score to settle it'll be so much fun being fairy number one so won't you make way for miss nettle everyone make way for miss nettle! Ta-ta! ( gasps ) Miss flora! Miss fauna? Miss merryweather! How can I get you out of there? ( gasps ) What? I can't hear you! Oh.

Oh! You're trying to tell me something! A book! A spell book.

Your spell book.

Miss nettle's glove? Oh! Miss nettle wants to get her hands On your spell book! Why are you marching? I don't understand.

Don't worry.

I'm going to find a way to get you out of there.

I promise! James! Desmond! What is it? It's miss nettle! She wants to steal the fairies' spell book.

They tried to stop her and she put them in a bubble! Whoa! A bubble? What kind of bubble? I don't know, some kind of magic bubble.

And we have to find a way to get them out of it! Wait.

Why us? Because we're the only ones still here.

There has to be someone else.

Professor popov always stays late.

He's right.

Great! Let's go.

Um, I'm gonna stay here if that's okay.

Good plan.

You can keep a lookout for miss nettle.

On second thought, wait for me! ( scat singing ) And for ze big finish! Professor popov! ( groans, exclaims ) What is the meaning of this interruption? The fairies are in trouble! What kind of trouble? Big trouble.

Ohh.

If there is one thing I could not stood It is evil fairies.

Wait.

That's her.

She's in there.

Stand back, children.

I will take care of this.

Boop boop bop! Stop! Oh! Right where you are.

Or instead, you could stop Right where you are.

Run! Come on! Aaah! What are we going to do? I say we hide.

We can't do that.

Sure we can.

That tree can fit all three of us.

We're going to have to help the fairies-- On our own.

There's no one else left.

But what can we do? Well, we can find the spell book before miss nettle does.

There must be a spell in there that can free the fairies.

I bet you're right.

But that book could be hidden anywhere.

Where do we even start looking? You could start by going to the library And looking at a map of the whole school.

Then you can see every room and every possible hiding place.

Great idea, desmond! Let's go! No.

No, wait.

I-I mean-- You could do that.

I'm going to hide.

But we need you.

Yeah, you're the smartest kid in school, dez.

We don't stand a chance against nettle without you.

I don't want to wind up in a bubble.

Desmond, the fairies are counting on us.

They're counting on you.

(sighs) okay.

Thank you.

Now come on! Sofia: Hmm.

If you were the fairies, Where would you hide a spell book? Well, there's the stables.

Nah, too dusty.

Or the hall of armor.

Mm, that'd be too noisy.

Or the clock tower? Or where no one would ever find it! Ohh.

We're doomed.

Wait! Desmond! Go back to the clock tower.

I think that's it.

What? When the fairies got trapped, They were marching all around.

I knew they were trying to tell me something, But I had no idea what.

But what if they were marching like the figures in our clock Because they were trying to tell you The spell book is in the clock tower! Exactly! So we'd better get to the clock tower before miss nettle does! ( gasps ) Uh-oh.

Okay, now we can hide.

( miss nettle humming ) Miss nettle: Where is that book? Ohh.

She's gone.

Come on.

Uh, where are the stairs? There aren't any.

The fairies don't need them.

Of course! They can fly up! ButWe can't.

We could if we got a flying horse from the stables! Nah, a horse wouldn't fit through the door.

Hmm Desmond! Do you have any magic plant food left? Let me check.

Can you grow this into a rising rose stalk Big enough to reach the top of the tower? I could do some quick calculations Or you could just use it all and see what happens.

I could do that too.

Wow! Brilliant! Desmond, you did it! Now let's climb.

Um, guys, I just remembered something important.

What's that? I'm afraid of heights.

Are you afraid of everything? No.

Just most things.

It's okay, desmond.

Everyone is afraid of something.

Not me.

Look out! Ogre! (gasps) where?! See? So, desmond Tell me what else you're afraid of.

Mean fairies who put you in bubbles.

Uh-huh.

Anything else? Snakes.

Red ants.

Black ants.

My aunt nadine.

Can you come a little closer? I can't quite hear you.

I'm also afraid of big dogs.

And tiny moths.

Puzzles with one missing piece, Puzzles with more than one missing piece, Running out of cake at birthday parties, Falling in a moat, wet socks, And being put in a bubble.

Well, I know one thing you're not scared of, desmond-- Climbing rose st*lks.

What? We're at the top.

Good job, dez.

Huh.

I did it! What is all that? Those are the gears that make the clock run.

The spell book must be hidden in there somewhere.

Come on! ( bell chimes ) The clock's moving! Ohh! Wait! Look at that book! What if it's Both: The spell book! Stop that fairy! Uhh! Whoa! Stopping Fairy Got it! So is it the spell book? It sure is! Miss nettle: Bravo! You've done all the hard work for me By finding that book.

Now you get to do the easy part: Hand it over.

No, miss nettle.

I won't give it to you! Yeah! We need it to free the fairies.

Well, I'll make you a deal.

If you give me the book, I will free the fairies.

HmmI don't know.

Well, I put them in that bubble, So I can easily get them out of it.

And all you have to do in return Is give me that one little book.

Oh, it's a great deal, if I do say so myself.

And so much better than being put in a bubble.

I don't want to be put in a bubble.

You should listen to your friend Before I change my mind.

So, do we have a deal? All right.

Yes! The most powerful spell book in all the world is mine! Whoo! The only question is, what spell do I do first? Conjure a dragon, make myself strong as a giant? Oh, no! I know.

I'll make an enormous golden carriage, Because the greatest fairy in the world Needs the greatest carriage in the world! Wait! First you'll free the fairies, right? Oh, no, I can't do that.

If I let them out now, they'd just come after me.

But we had a deal.

Oh, all right, I'll let them out of their bubble After I've learned every spell in their book And become the most powerful fairy in the world! Ha ha ha ha! Oh, I just can't wait to get started.

Ohh, she tricked us! Yeah, and I don't think she's ever gonna let the fairies out.

We really blew it.

Ohh! Miss nettle: Oh, so many spells And so much time to do them! Sofia: She hasn't left yet.

She's in the greenhouse doing a spell! So? So, there's still time to get the spell book back! We have to try! Remember what the laughing lilies did to james? I don't know.

You'll have to grow a lot of them to stop her, and big ones, too.

Well, it's a good thing the best enchanted gardener in the school is right here.

Who? You.

Me? You want me to do it? We'll do it together.

Uh-uh.

No way.

She's too scary.

The fairies say that we should always be royal.

And what's more royal than being brave? But I'm not brave.

Yes, you are, desmond.

You said you were afraid of heights, And you still climbed all the way up that rose stalk.

That's being brave-- when you're scared of something and you do it anyway.

Okay, I'll do it.

James, can you distract miss nettle While we grow the lilies? You got it.

I think I know just the trick.

Perfect.

Everyone ready? Yep.

Nope, but Let's do it.

"from this one pumpkin still and quiet, Bloom into--" aaah! Ohh! Ohh! What's going on?! Whoo! Whoa! Hey! Aah! Ooh! Stop that! I'll get the flower buds, you get the plant food.

I sprinkled too much! You! I'll get you! Ohh! Aah! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Stop it! Sto-- ha ha ha ha! Whoa! Ohh.

Oh Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! She dropped the spell book! Got it! Hey! You give that back right now! Oh! Ha ha ha ha ha! I mean it! Ha ha ha! Come on! We got the book! All right! Now let's save the fairies before she stops laughing.

They found it! They found the spell book! ( voice inaudible ) Oh.

What is she saying? I don't know.

But we have to tell her how to find the spell That will break the bubble.

Ohhh! How are we going to do that? They can't hear me! What are they doing? I think they're trying to tell us what page the spell is on.

Oh.

One, Two, three Twenty-four.

Boy, you count fast.

Found it.

(exhales) okay.

"with these words I end your trouble--" What? Oh! I need a wand! Here.

Thanks.

"with these words I end your trouble! Rupto sudzo! Pop that bubble!" Oh, thank you! Oh, you're our heroes! Now, where's miss nettle? Sofia: She's gone! Hopefully for ever and ever.

To a place far, far away! Miss nettle: Not that far away! ( all gasp ) She's back! Uh-oh! Miss nettle.

I insist that you leave here at once! Oh, I couldn't possibly leave without that spell book, Miss flora.

I guess I'll just have to make one more Extra large bubble! Sofia: Desmond! Miss flora: Goodness, no! (gasps) my wand! Yes! Way to go, desmond! With these words I end your trouble! Rupto sudzo! Pop that bubble! Well done, prince desmond! Now, miss nettle, You are no longer our special guest.

It's time for you to leave royal prep And never return! Okay.

Um Could I just have my wand back before I go? Please? I think we'll hold onto it For safekeeping.

Now scoot! Huh! Desmond, you were amazing.

Quite right, sofia.

I've never seen such bravery.

( chuckles ) I was pretty brave, too.

Yes.

You all were.

Wait.

What is it, dear? I feel like we're forgetting something.

All: Professor popov!