01x10 - Tomoe Becomes A Familiar

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Kamisama Kiss". Aired: August 20, 2015 – August 19, 2016.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Nanami was just a normal high school girl down on her luck until a stranger's lips marked her as the new Land God and turned her world upside down.

01x10 - Tomoe Becomes A Familiar

Post by bunniefuu »

onnanoko hajimemashita A tired girl starts her day tameiki wa bioron no shirabe ni nite With a sigh like the moan of a violin akai mi hajikechatta A cherry bursts in her mouth mada anata wo shiranai This was before we had met konna koto hajimetette This is the first time I've ever felt like this I could see that your pretty eyes were filled with contempt manazashi wa aku no hana sakimidarete mo But I had to go home ie e to tsuzuku basu sutoppu demo anata wa tsurenai Even at the bus stop, you gave me the cold shoulder karameta hanabi myaku utsu The fireworks in the sky pulse koi no shiruetto In a silhouette of love With a little magic, karui mahou usotsuki na kuchibiru Two sets of lying lips Lock together sou kasaneteru ano ne You see nee kamisama God warui ko ni naritai yo I'd like to be a naughty girl ii ko ni shiteru kara I'm tired of being good onegai dayo So, please It's for a good reason zurui koto sasetoite ii koto shitai nara So let me be bad for once By flipping my skirt sukaato hirogaesu shite sugu kaeru yo I'll be back soon doyoubi wa haresou da It looks like Saturday is going to be sunny God, it has already started kamisama hajimemashita Going back into the past several hundred years ago from now Where am I?

Well, No, it does not matter where this is.

For I will die soon.

Once I am dead, no matter where that may be, I will become a corpse.

That's all.

What happened to you?

You're covered in blood.

It's not my blood.

I see.

You must be tired.

Come to my shrine.

Rest a while before you go.

Now, take your clothes off and let me see.

As I suspected this mark is an enchantment cast by a fiend who was once a deity.

It's wrapped all around your body.

How long have you had these?

You mustn't involve yourself with former deities.

They may be weaker than they were as deities, but their powers are still strong.

There isn't much I can do about these.

I guess you must have sealed some sort of contract with the former deity.

I made a promise.

I promised that I would spend my life with a human girl who was dear to me.

Now that she's dead, I must follow as well But because I'm not human, I can't be with Yukiji again, even if I die.

And so you wandered about.

I suppose even a demon like you can have feelings for someone.

Did you love her that much?

More than anything.

I would've traded the whole world to have stayed with her.

If you're a deity, then would you not at least attend upon my deathbed?

I'll promise you something, but it's not your death.

I'll grant you a power.

As the sun rises and sets again, your wounds will slowly heal.

You'll slowly forget.

This is the gift of oblivion.

Forget about the contract.

Escape from its grip.

Now, go to sleep.

Mikage?

! Wh-What?

I hardly ever see you doze off.

You were muttering something.

Did you have a nightmare?

What are you doing here?

You were sleeping like a log, so I was just taking in the scenery.

If you're a familiar then why don't you get to work?

! But you were sleeping too! Tomoe Becomes \ha Familiar Tomoe always resorts to v*olence.

Though, I guess he can't help it since he used to be a wild fox.

However, he's a much nicer person compared to before.

When he first came along, he was quite the sight.

Mikage-sama housebroke him well, didn't he?

Housebreak?

I know how he used to be.

When Tomoe-dono first came here Tomoe, you're going to become my familiar and live here.

My other two familiars will surely welcome you.

I'm a demon.

I can't let myself get tied down to a place like this.

Fear not.

Just make the contract, and you'll be fine.

My my, you look tasty, Missy! I'm gonna gobble you up! Are you that damn spirit that keeps haunting this bridge?

My master's up to his shoulders in prayers about this freaking bridge.

Sorry, but you're going bye-bye! Please, stop! human touch Don't touch me, human! me, Don't me, touch human Don't me, Don't human touch touch human Don't me, human me, touch Don't touch human Don't me, Don't human touch me, me, human Don't touch human me, Don't touch me, human Don't touch me, touch Don't human touch Don't me, human me, Don't touch human me, Don't touch human Don't me, human touch Don't touch me, human me, human touch Don't Don't me, touch human touch me, human Don't Don't me, human touch Don't human touch me, touch human me, Don't human me, Don't touch Don't touch me, human touch human Don't me, me, Don't human touch Don't human me, touch touch Don't me, human touch human me, Don't me, touch Don't human me, Don't human touch touch Don't me, human touch Don't me, human Don't human touch me, me, human touch Don't touch Don't human me, Don't me, human touch human touch me, Don't touch Don't human me, touch human Don't me, human me, Don't touch me, human touch Don't Don't human me, touch human Don't me, touch touch me, human Don't Don't human touch me, human Don't me, touch me, Don't touch human me, human Don't touch human touch Don't me, Don't human me, touch touch Don't human me, touch me, Don't human touch me, human Don't touch me, Don't human touch Don't me, human Don't human touch me, human touch me, Don't human Don't me, touch Don't human touch me, touch Don't human me, me, Don't touch human human me, touch Don't human Don't me, touch touch me, Don't human Don't touch me, human Don't me, human touch Don't human touch me, me, Don't human touch Don't human me, touch me, touch Don't human touch me, human Don't touch me, Don't human me, Don't touch human Don't human me, touch Don't touch human me, Don't human me, touch me, human Don't touch me, human touch Don't me, touch human Don't Don't touch human me, human me, touch me, Don't touch human human Don't me, touch And?

You got so wrapped up in dealing with the human that the spirit got away?

Wow, Mikage.

It's like you were watching me.

Can't you tell that I'm furious?

You're too hard on humans! You're my familiar now, and you have to be kinder to them! I'm forbidding you from using v*olence for the time being.

When you help people, you have to What are you doing?

A human touched me.

I'm not your freaking hand towel! Sit down, Tomoe! I'm going to teach you a lesson that you'll never forget! Babble Babble Babble Wow, the sun's rising.

Babble Babble That fox's hostility toward humans is something else.

I don't understand why Mikage-sama made him his familiar.

He's just making more work for himself.

That reminds me, Onikiri, it seems Otohiko-dono, the wind deity, will be dropping by here tomorrow.

on his way back from Izumo.

What?

! We must work immediately to shut away that wild fox where he can't be seen I'd like to see you try.

F-Fox-dono, what of Mikage-sama's scolding?

! I already finished.

Is it true that Mikage's friend is coming over tomorrow?

Yes.

Please don't forget your responsibilities as a familiar when he is here.

Do you think you're above showing your face?

What are you hiding under there anyway?

I'm sorry.

I just don't get it! Why does Tomoe hate humans that much?

I've been watching him for a whole month now, and he hasn't gotten any better! Mikage-sama, why did you make him your familiar?

It was the look on his face.

The shadow of death was cast on his face.

If I hadn't taken him in, he would have d*ed like a poor rabbit.

I worried for him.

Hey, it's that familiar again.

A demon that's a familiar?

What a riot! Are you out running your little errands today?

If you got somethin' to say to us, then hop in and say it to our faces! Talk while you can.

Once Tomoe lifts the ban on v*olence, I'm going to town on all of you.

Are you the fox?

Hey! You are the fox from yesterday! The human Thank goodness! I had a feeling that if I waited here, I could see you again.

I was so surprised yesterday that I couldn't even thank you properly.

Don't you realize that you're stepping into danger?

Don't blame me if I eat you.

I know you wouldn't eat me! You're pure white and Don't touch me! Go.

Your brother at home is crying.

A-All right! Why do you hate humans so much?

Because they're weak.

I don't want to get involved with weaklings.

You're the weakling here.

Become stronger.

A man who would raise his hand against a human girl isn't fit to be my familiar.

Mikage-kun, how've you been?

! The great Otohiko has returned from Izumo! How long has it been?

A hundred years?

Long time no see! Here's my usual gift.

Oh, the room is dark.

Otohiko?

Welcome.

I feel like I went too far when I yelled at Tomoe yesterday! I'm just worried for him Wow, I don't know what's going on, but is this a bad time?

You're the weak one here.

Become stronger.

A man who would raise his hand against a human girl isn't fit to be my familiar.

Tomoe-dono, there you are.

We've been looking for you.

What is it?

Has Mikage's friend gone home already?

Yes, just a moment ago.

There's a full moon tonight.

It's the one day Mikage-sama allows himself to drink sake.

Won't you join him?

Why should I?

Can't you two do it?

No, it's the duty of a familiar to pour his deity's sake.

Hi there, Tomoe.

Won't you drink with me?

For the next several hundred years, Tomoe matured into a fine familiar.

However I'm heading to town for a bit, Tomoe.

Watch over the place until I get back.

With that, Mikage-sama never returned.

Twenty years passed.

I see.

And that's when Nanami-chan came along?

Correct.

Ever since Nanami-sama came along, Tomoe-dono's spirits have risen considerably.

If I had to put it another way, he seems to be having fun.

He's definitely different from when Mikage-sama was around.

Fun?

Snake.

Why are you lounging around?

Oh, Tomoe.

You were here?

Hey, I bet you've worked up a sweat.

Want a drink?

You barely do any work and sit around drinking the rest of the time! Get back to work! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Work!! Is Nanami still asleep?

Yes, because it's Sunday.

What am I going to do with her?

She lacks discipline.

Nanami, wake up! How long are you going to sleep in?

! Oh leave me alone.

It's Sunday.

Tomoe-dono has become a fine familiar.

Humans need some extra rest too, you know.

You're a deity! And an Earth Deity at that! Get that through your thick skull! We'll be back soon! We're back! Look! They're back! It's Kurama-sama and Tomoe-kun! They're so hot! Kurama-sama just got back from a concert in another country! Apparently, Tomoe-kun was sick for a while! His health isn't all that great?

I don't know about you, but for me, that just adds to his charm! Kurama-kun has a great aura about him, doesn't he?

Hey, hey, single ladies.

There's going to be a mixer this weekend.

I already counted you two as attending.

Make sure you're ready.

Wait, what?

That came out of the blue! I haven't heard anything about this! Well, what did you expect me to do?

We didn't have enough girls.

I don't really want to go to that kind of party, though.

Don't you two want boyfriends by Christmastime?

But Look, I want one.

F-Fine.

Okay, Saturday at two! What am I going to do?

! I've never been to a mixer! I'm not even that kind of girl! The Deity \h\h\hGoes to \ha Mixer Yes, this week is a double episode.

Besides I already What's wrong, Nanami?

You looked fine when you were talking to your friends just a moment ago.

I already have someone I like N-Nothing Quit lying! You were talking about a party! I told you it's nothing! I just made some plans to have a little fun! Guys should keep their noses out of girl-talk! I'm going home! I'll stay quiet.

No use in creating more confusion.

Besides, I don't want anyone but Tomoe.

Man, that was harsh, fox.

I told you humans were hard to deal with.

Especially girls like Nanami.

Nanami said nothing was wrong.

Wow, you're thick.

Do you really think she's not going anywhere?

What do you think you're doing?

I'm heading into town for a bit, Tomoe.

Nice to meet you! We're from Uchigami High.

Self-Introductions I'm Yamada.

Satou.

Tanaka.

I'm Kohiruimaki.

Nice to meet you.

You're all still in high school?

You're so young! And cute! I bet you girls are super popular at school! You flatter us! So, do you girls have boyfriends?

You idiot! Your timing sucks! If they had boyfriends, they wouldn't be here! Not that they'd tell you anyway.

Idiot! What are you yelling about?

! Hey, why don't I grab us some drinks?

I'll have a beer! Same! I see.

Judging by the voices next door, I'd say they're having a mixer.

Mixer?

What's a mixer?

Oh come on, Tomoe-kun.

You've got the face of a lady-k*ller and you don't know what happens at a mixer?

How embarrassing.

It's basically a blind date for singles who want a one-night stand! Isn't that right No.

Shut up.

Why are you making it sound so indecent?

Wait, who are you?

Oh, I'm Mizuki.

I'm Nanami's familiar! Pleased to meet you! Ignore More importantly, why would Nanami go to one of those things?

b*at me.

She probably wanted to get a little wild.

It's normal for girls her age.

She's constantly surrounded by supernatural beings.

Wanting a change of scenery for once would make sense.

Wow, this is delicious! I know right?

This place's food is pretty famous! This is my first time going to karaoke.

Nanami-chan, you don't go to karaoke often?

No.

This one's recovering from a broken heart right now.

She's looking for a boyfriend.

I'm not looking for anything! There's a snake in my purse! Mizuki! Why are you here?

! In the bath room Because you looked like you were having so much fun! I just wanted to join you! Is anyone else here with you?

Nope.

Wait Sorry about that.

This adorable little snake seems to have disturbed you while I had my back turned for a moment.

T-Tomoe, why are you You were acting strange so I came to check up on you.

The cat's out of the bag! However, it seems that you've gotten over it.

We'll leave now so you can get back to your fun.

Oh, right.

It doesn't matter to Tomoe if I hang out with other guys.

I'm an idiot, aren't I?

It's not like I'm doing anything bad.

I'm just clinging on Nanami-chan, what's wrong?

Nothing.

I'm an idiot.

I'm an idiot.

I'm okay.

Really.

I just remembered something I wish I hadn't.

That bad, huh?

I can't say that I can relate.

I'm sure you're just tired from the party.

Let's rest here for a while.

Thanks for letting me borrow your jacket.

Don't worry about it.

You're such a nice person.

I totally got the wrong impression when we met.

Aw, that hurts! My impression was that you were really cute, Nanami-chan.

Huh?

! Your hands are soft, you know?

Huh?

! Can I What the hell is your problem?

! Sorry about that.

This adorable snake just happened to interfere! I-I'm going to head back! Why does he always show up at these times?

Didn't you leave, Tomoe?

Now it really does look like I was flirting with some guy! I told you that you could have fun, but I didn't say you could flirt around with a guy like him.

F-FlirtI wasn't doing that! It's not like Do you really think she's not going anywhere?

Huh?

We're going home.

Hold on! I can't just leave without telling my friends! I told them that you were heading home early.

What?

I have a car parked nearby at a local park.

It's the weekend, so the buses will stop running early.

My arm hurts.

I can't get him to let go! Tomoe are you Upset?

That's it! You're upset because I was with another guy! Wait, don't say anything! Just let me enjoy this while I can! On second thought, I can't leave without saying goodbye.

I'll go let them know that I'm leaving early.

I need to return this anyway.

Tomoe, you can go You're right.

I'm upset.

I don't know why.

I don't have as much time to waste as others think.

Right then, Tomoe's back and heart seemed to sway in the wind.

Am I just hearing what I want to hear?

Or does he Or does he How long have you been standing there?

! How long?

I've been here the whole time.

Does he really like me?

And by that time, Kurama had taken center-stage! ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah Please, God Kamisama Onegai da I Boku no ano hito ni I want to meet her Aitai no sa ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah Kamisama God, I'm in pain Tsurainda Because, she Kyou mo matta noni didn't come today either.

Konakatta I have a request, God Onegai ga aru no aru no Kamisama Please, save me Boku wo tasukete farewell, Baby Sayonara Baby Goodbye, goodbye Goodbye farewell, Baby Sayonara Baby Goodbye Goodbye, Baby La la la la la la I love you La la la la la la I love you La la la la la la I love you Next Episode Preview Mizuki travels into the realm of humans on his own! La la la la la la I love you He is forced to buy a strange item, chased by a scary man, harassed by a producer La la la la la la I love you Snap Hey, Mizuki-kun, are you okay?

Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap Snap The Familiar Goes To Town Next time, "The Familiar Goes To Town"! Look forward to seeing Tomoe and Nanami at the amusement park!