02x13 - Kirby's Speed Shop

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Cold Justice". Aired: September 3, 2013 – present.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

Investigative true crime series follows former Harris County, Texas prosecutor Kelly Siegler and a team of investigators as they reopen unsolved m*rder cases with the consent and assistance of local law enforcement.

02x13 - Kirby's Speed Shop

Post by bunniefuu »

Intro

have you ever been to Georgia I have it I've always liked the way they talk it's kind of more of a southern belle type

accent here in Georgia it is I like it it's very person you don't you know like mine

this week we're investigating a cold case in Columbus Georgia home to Kirby

speed shop and its beloved owner William Kirby Smith this case is only 10 years

old and Kirby was only 50 years old right he said like he was a spunky one-of-a-kind good old southern boy and

asked for beer drinking just had a lot more Weiland mud hog and country boy

kind of a lot of times somebody would want to walk in and put two b*ll*ts in them on march 7 2004 Kirby had spent the

whole day with his son having fun racing dune buggies and then decided to go by his shop and at some point that night

Kirby was sh*t and k*lled we had start with his estranged wife any people she might have been involved with

anybody else that was made him over business dealings or anything like that it's a case with a lot of witnesses and

you have to believe that with so many people still around who knew them somebody knows more than they've ever

said before and that's the hope for solving the case has been 16 years and

still doing old years later the case is still upset

there are so many cold cases out there just waiting to be solved the crime

scene ultimately tells the story of the m*rder we want to bring justice to these

victims [Music]

Meet the Witnesses

who's Randy I'm Randy nice to meet you I'm Kelly nice to meet you nice to meet

you as your [ __ ] we have a lot of witnesses in this case so in addition to working with the Columbus Police Department I've called

in two of my friends from Houston Alan brown and Abbie abaddon Delon so none of

these people know we're coming in is that nobody knows we're coming look who we brought hey Matt this is

Alan and Abbey Randy Randy long took over this case in 2007 and Matt

Blackstock caught the case way back when it happened ten years ago we're excited to have him because he has

more knowledge about this case of anybody else in the universe this was my first real true whodunit homicide not

hardly a day went by that this case didn't stick in my mind I had Kirby's

picture up by my office door for the past ten years that's driving force and never give up call came in about a

sh**ting victim and when we got there it was a mechanic type place where they

work on cars and stuff and we got inside he was laying on his back with a g*nsh*t

wound to the back of the head with a exit to the face I remember two new

shell casings in nine-millimeter did he have money that was like this there was up to $800

in cash on him which made you think what robbery was not the motive no self-respecting Robert would leave that

kind of cash behind his turns pockets there's no way during the entire course

of the investigation we could never find anything bad about what Kirby was

involved in everybody liked the guy there was over a thousand people at his

funeral and I understand as a mechanic he could fix anything he'd like to race cars and I hear that he was gracious we

could not find any kind of sanada games going on in the background except for the person he was married thither they

were going through a difficult divorce talking about Becky Becky okay I

wouldn't do that to my children those children loved Kirby okay estranged wife

estranged wife which is separate and apart from nasty divorce custody issues

and money issues and property issues and a prenup the timing of this case is

pretty suspicious because it happened the day before Kirby was supposed to meet with his lawyer to finalize his

divorce how about the the real motive here life insurance life how much was he

worth well I don't you know we know 250 all the interest was building on it as

well well spent to our 50,000 plus it's more like a Hollywood m*rder huh in love with Pete oh yes Andrew he pay me he pay

me was involved with Becky at the same time she was going through a very ugly divorce he marries her three months

later and pretty frickin best him and Rebecca had talked about what it would cost to k*ll somebody the even provost

same conversation up at work but he said they were just joking to me he was

actively seeking some information on how to pull off a m*rder okay

and last we have bull ball Phillips is one of our suspects because he was

involved in an unusual relationship with Becky he wants the relationship to be

more than what it is she never openly said they had a sexual relationship okay

it's possible that bull might have been so desperate to please Becky that he would have k*lled for her but without

evidence of a sexual relationship between the two of them it's gonna be a lot harder to prove that he doesn't come

across as having a very high IQ I could say somebody like Rebecca being able to manipulate him do we care about he's the

babysitter he's the yeah I mean he's basically he's her [ __ ] yeah this case is tough because all three of our

suspects have seemingly solid alibis for the very night of this m*rder Becky was at work when it happened and

Bulls at her friend's house and he was allegedly out of town so it's our job to try and figure out who's telling the

truth who's lying and exactly what happened the night of Kirby's dead we're

Meet the Children

gonna go meet Kirby's children from his first marriage Heather and Dustin I'm sorry I'm Kelly nice to meet you and

Dustin were robbed of not having their father in their life for the last ten

years talk about your family I'm the oldest and the cutest I'm the biggest but the

youngest we had the same mom okay same dad my mom is Caroline Burt and then we

had little Kirby his mom is Becky but we all had the same dad how old is she no he's 17 tell us about your dad

awesome person do anything for anybody it was always fun we hook them every time we saw him every time we left you

knowed everybody I just be daydreaming out the window and then all of a sudden you just get Pat in

the chest and you know my dad's driving he just said you know I love you because of him there's probably not much I can't

do because you know we always just fix or did everything ourselves he liked hands don't get your hands

dirty he wouldn't send me up on the pass to let me be a princess I had to go to his shop and put my hands in the back and wash race car parts and do boy stuff

I had a lot of issues with jealousy from Becky because we were really close in

age I think she's like eight or nine here's all your days baby yeah she had put taps on my phone line just trying to

catch me doing something wrong so she could throw me under the bus and so I left and I didn't talk to my dad for

three years because of her I even got married and I said him invitation she

sent it back so my dad didn't even come to my wedding this didn't walk me down the aisle and gave me away at my wedding

because of Becky mm-hmm when we finally got back together it was like we were

closer than ever I think he realized how much he missed me they talked for three years but when they start talking it's

just like it never missed a b*at can y'all talk about the day that you found out he was m*rder*d I went to work

at the dentist office and we hadn't started seeing patients and the phone rang and they said your mom's on the

phone so I just hear crying in the background she says your dad and I was like what she said your dad's dead and

that was the left I thought maybe he had a heart att*ck er we can't wreck this

Corvette II just fall I never in a million years thought that somebody would have k*lled him and I still can't believe that somebody

would do that what did you think when you heard he was sh*t thank you by the

way that's the only person I could think at the time that could benefit from that

you know that wherever he's happy that he was gone because nobody else

would want him dead nobody can you remember when was the first time you talked to and saw Becky

after it happened at the funeral home when we were making arrangements maybe I think so but it wasn't I'm sorry for

your loss it was where's this where's that what was she asking for cars Oh property

properties that they had together yeah I miss my daddy sucks and I miss his big

crunchy hands when we used to walk him to stores or whatever he'd always grab my hand and I remember when he used to

drop me off at school he had so much sugar and cream in his coffee and he would give me a kiss on my cheek when I

got out of the car and I'd have a sticky spot on my face all day when I went to school so I just miss little things like

that y'all y'all seem like a wonderful family just let us get busy and as soon

as we know something we'll let y'all know okay okay I'm so excited I love

those two they're genuinely since they're good people who love their dad

and really really want us to help solve their dad's case I kind of think you

love them [Music]

The Crime Scene

alright guys we are gonna go to the crime scene so that we can see this

firsthand what that office looked like where Kirby was obviously m*rder*d in his shop I'm getting the impression by

the photos it's gonna be really small so it's gonna be interesting to see actually how many of us we can even really get in there one of the very

helpful things about visiting our crime scene today is that we have met he's the

first officer that arrived at Kirby speed shop after the m*rder he knows firsthand what the crime scene looked

like will that help us find out who it was that day Kirby Smith was

mysteriously m*rder*d in his auto shop in 2004 today we're looking at Kirby

speed shop or any new clues that might identify his k*ller back then he had a -

going across the back wall his computer was set up with a chair that he would have been sitting in at the time of the

incident we know from forensic analysis done on Kirby's computer that his online activity abruptly ended at 8:58 p.m. so

we believe that Kirby must have been k*lled immediately after that what really caught my eye was how clean the

floor is I don't think there was any kind of struggle in here right there's no forced entry right Rossi that the location of Curry's body

indicates that he was sitting down at his desk when he was first sh*t at point-blank range

and it's about 15 feet between the desk and the front door vector and no signs

of struggle it's obvious that Kirby must have felt comfortable enough with his k*ller to let them approach him okay let

Harvey sit in that chair looking at the wall as if he's on the computer and in Yolanda you walk us through the

initiator and what you think happened

sh**t comes in the door sees her be sitting at his computer we know that the

first round enters right here in the back of the left shoulder hitting old

lungs part of the heart his lungs his chest cavity everything is filling up with blood he falls down he's bleeding

out his mouth onto the floor and onto his hand sh**t then puts it to the

base of the skull sh**t the b*llet comes out of the bridge of the nose and he

just falls over from the burn marks on Kirby's clothes and the surgeons rooms

it's clear that both of Kirby's wounds were contact ones which means that the firearm was pressed against Kirby's body

when it was fired now we have two live rounds one that's on this side and then

one by our victim's head when you get that contact sometimes it jams the g*n when a semi-a*t*matic p*stol fires the

spent shell casing is automatically ejected by the slide but when an object blocks the muzzle the slide is often

restricted causing a stovepipe Jam the only way to clear the jam is to manually

rack the slide which should each act the jammed unfired round onto the floor the

contact with the cheap g*n that would restrict the slide action will stow pipe at every time I think it speaks volumes

when someone puts a b*llet in the back of someone's head just to make sure you are dead it is it is execution anyone

can sh**t someone from a distance 10 feet 20 feet and sh**t him in the back but to walk right up and push the barrel

of the g*n up to the back of their head that's incredibly personal

Lee Shepherd

we get to hear a bunch of Georgia accents today here's some southern veils this case is only ten years old so that

means we have a lot of witnesses that are still alive and still around I'll interpret for you

first up is kirby's employee Lee Shepherd he's the one who found Kirby's

body that morning when's the last time you saw Kirby alive Sunday we had a family reunion up in

Pine Mountain and he actually told me that day I think I made a deal with he

says she wanted $20,000 in her doom buggy and they would call it even and then Monday morning so I went to the

shop I found Lee and Kirby worked together for years what we want to know is what Lee knows about Kirby and

Becky's relationship and how hostile it was so when you're working for him at the shop you have any specific incidents

oh yes Jesus smack them she doesn't hit him I always say smack isn't like just

to hit all the shows no oh my god face or punching him in the face we're at the races one weekend she went

after one attire really yeah so why

would you describe Becky that's [Music] she wanted everything I mean cuz she

coming in she goes this is my place this was her shop I know what my I was won't be in fakies why she got there did

he ever mention to you if she had ever threatened him he'll she threatened to

k*ll him absolutely he said that she would poke him in her sleep with a needle or something

he told me he told me that face to face maybe she did herself she is a very

intelligent person do not be fooled I believe the Kirby was set up something

went bad the boyfriend was there somewhere somehow got there wasn't long

before she married oh boy fun everyone we talked to assist bit Becky had it in

for Kirby and she wanted him dead by any means possible you know when you don't divorce there's all kinds of people

being mad and I'm gonna get that's no [ __ ] I'm taking everything but we didn't have that anymore

we totally agreed on everything you can ever [ __ ] k*ll Curtis oh yeah I said

stuff like that hell I'll tell my present husband I'm Julian probably a couple times but he's still welcome to face 3rd Becky and

Heath got married just three months after Kirby's m*rder and both of them benefited from that $250,000

life-insurance policy it's time for us to try and figure out more about the relationship between

Becky and heat hello and whether or not he wanted Kirby dead out of jealousy or

anger or because Becky manipulated him how would you describe their relationship in what way he was very

controlling and it seems like with her he's the one being controlled

like what like putting fake ads in Craigslist with my phone number attached

to them or they had somebody following me when I went out with my girlfriend taking pictures of me there's a book

that they keep of all the things that they don't use newspaper ads custody

papers beckon he turned heats ex's life into a living hell

and it sounds like when they did it Becky was calling all the sh*ts if you think of anything else we would

appreciate if y'all give Harvey a call

[Music]

becky is definitely our strongest suspect in Kirby's m*rder but what we have to figure out is did she do it

alone or did someone else pull the trigger we know that Becky and Heath had the most

to gain from Kirby's death and we know Becky was a very manipulative woman but sit on the bench it's time for us to

talk to Heath to find out how far he was willing to go to make Becky happy how did you and Kirby get along never talked

to him except one time on phone how nasty of a divorce was it it was bad put

into everything she wasn't get nothing and he was gonna take a little pervy you told the police that you and her talked

about what it would take to have someone k*lled I did more bad I mean real money

right do you think behind your back she could have went out and got to do it but

there's no way I mean she was devastated but I d*ed did you ever wonder if there

was something between Becky and bull I think so

but I'm gonna tell you I think you know more I know you know in my heart that

she didn't do it she convinced you she did it right no you know she convinced

you then because otherwise you wouldn't marry her right I mean that's yeah that would be stupid

I like what we heard you said I told the

truth man I had nothing to hide he still says he loves or he still thinks she didn't do it we weren't thinking he was

gonna say otherwise Heath didn't offer anything incriminating about himself his story still has not changed and he seems very

believable but there are still too many questions to eliminate him as a suspect just yet

we're gonna focus on Becky's actions the night of the m*rder we know that she

called Heath around the time of Kirby's m*rder so we're gonna look through her phone records to see if there are any other suspicious calls around that time

he's actually on the phone with Becky I think they make that call like at 9:10 or 908 he's dead at nine o'clock but if

you take all the records that they got Becky and bull typically talked anywhere from five to 15 times a day then all of

a sudden on the day of the m*rder there's 29 total calls alive especially

when he just left her house and within 15 minutes of leaving her home he is calling like 12 times what is so urgent

Becky did call Heath right around 9 o'clock which is a time of Kirby's m*rder but it's all those calls from bol

that really stand out he called her 29 times that day most suspiciously he called her 8 times

between 9:00 and 9:15 and then he called her two more times from a payphone at 9:30 he starts blowing up her phone

after he's done it because he wants to tell her because he wants her to be impressed of course he probably says you stupid bastard could alibi yourself I think for

bull it's the concentration of calls highlighted by making a phone call from a payphone in his original statement all

claims that he was using the payphone because he was trying to get rid of some spare change an excuse that I think

anyone would agree is ridiculous that phone call from the pay phone is what

nails it for me it's clear we need to better understand Bulls relationship with Becky to find out if his rumored

crush on her could have motivated him to m*rder in order to please her because he

can help me out Kirby not separating he would help me with the kid it was just a friend I mean he do

anything or either workers not just for me what about the bull can you tell me

much about him quiet I know he did whatever she asked him it like what like

what would you do to go to pick up something go to the grocery store whatever he was like her scope were they

ever together at all it would seem like that he did so much for what's he

getting out of it yeah no I don't I don't know would you say she was a

manipulative person oh yes she's told stories about her being in the bathtub and all sitting in the bathroom with her

watch takes about and yeah I'm sure she told you there's just a but that's just

a platonic relationship

that was your first dog no bull Jimmy

where we can go and talk to her yeah can she come out or we Janice had not one

good thing to say about her daughter you know we should always say that you're so bad only the only person who loves you is your mother and in this case not even

her the whole time that y'all were back fourth apartment landing all that bull ever come up there know his usefulness

ran out around the time that she got married with his yes they never really had a relationship but he was always

around he was constantly looking to please her do you think she's leading mom yes I mean the way that she does

most people make he's very exploitative she's really just a mean kid the magnifying glass of a Chinese

Sgt Black

this is sergeant matt black stocked in Columbus Georgia could you go back to

the night that all this took place with bull showing up Bulls alibi for the

night of Kirby's m*rder was that he left Becky's house around 8:45 p.m. went to the Taco Bell where he called Becky from

that pay phone dropped by his friend Cynthia and rusty Harmons house around 9:30 and then went to work around 10:30

I remember it being very strange ol called me and he said that he was down

on the corner and he wanted to know if he could come by for a few minutes so I said were fixin to order pizza do you

want something and he said no I'm good I've already eaten so he comes over and he was I don't know fool's an odd dude

anyway even for him he was actually extremely distracted and irregular so

well I guess we're gonna over the repeats and he said oh good I'm starving I said I thought you said you already ate and he said well he said I was down

at the taco bill is gonna get zombie and I stood there for a minute and I forgot what I was doing

budget left okay that is that is pretty

odd who goes to Taco Bell and forgets to order dinner bull says he does really

the best of my knowledge I cannot remember another time when he had been at our house I mean he never does call

him drop by we believe that Kirby was k*lled right at 9:00 p.m. and Becky's house is less than three

miles from Kirby shop so after leaving Becky at her home at 8:45 bull could

have gone and k*lled Kirby then called Becky multiple times to tell her about the m*rder at that point

Becky probably told him to establish an alibi which would explain why he dropped by the Harmons house and he was acting

so strangely it's almost like he's trying to come up with an alibi trying to force an alibi by showing up over

there beautiful beautiful now that we poked holes in Bulls alibi we need to check

Becky's after all if bull did k*ll Kirby he did it for Becky Becky's alibis that she was working as a

nurse the night that Kirby was k*lled and that she was called in at the last minute we were able to verify that was

the truth she was even captured on camera at work that night but even though she couldn't have pulled the

trigger we all feel pretty sure that Becky orchestrated Kirby's m*rder I were

planning a m*rder I was like Ronnie make sure I have an alibi I didn't have any idea I had done work I got paged and had

to leave immediately you know University station a new furnace Becky's pretty smart she's not gonna go with the

regular old alibis she's gonna make it even better and plan it to the degree that oh my god at the last minute she

got called into work so she has a really good alibi we're interested in talking to you because Rebecca Smith we're

supposed to be on call that night can you tell us about that well we want to try and figure out is whether or not

Becky could have even arranged to had this surprising new call into work as

her alibi if I'm Becky and I want to be able to alibi myself tell me how if

there's a c-section coming up I can use that to my advantage we normally have a list of patients that

are pregnant and the doctors and the nurses keep track of when they're due you can look right here and see if you

want to be on call a certain weekend I'm telling you she can plan that I'm telling you she can plan that so that's

seriously we find out she's the one that started the call program

she's the one in charge of making the schedule and getting the nurses and setting it all up could she have been

able to set up the schedule to where she was the one on-call knowing full well she might get caught in that night well

heck yeah we've raised some serious

doubts about Becky's alibi she may not have sh*t Carvey yourself but add what we've learned about her violent temper

death threats and life insurance payout and the evidence suggests that Becky truly was the mastermind behind Kirby's

m*rder the question now is who did Becky get to k*ll for her

Bull

yeah we're here to shop the knock on his door Becky and bull have always denied

that they've had a sexual relationship or more and I was like no you're like my

brother but if they ever did that would be all the more reason to believe that

bull had a motive to want Kirby dead so it's time for us to talk to bulls describe Becky to me the kind of person

did you see her as when I think it was a real flirty person when you're over your

house did you ever take baths and all that kind of stuff in front of you and have I ever seen her naked yes I would

you and Becky ever have sex

nothing regular okay not only did we

just catch Bowl in a lie it's clearer than ever just how Becky manipulated him

were you in love with Becky no not at all not at all they'll do anything for

somebody if they think they're gonna get that person do you think Becky has

anything to do with Kirby's m*rder not that I know look here Becky Becky I

asked you to find somebody to k*ll Kirby no you ever hear it threatened to k*ll curve no I think you got problems I mean

with Becky I mean she's got you in a pickle and that's what we're saying why I got enough to do with it so that's

a lot all right I will run you off man coming up yeah I don't went through this

last time

well this is the thing okay it looks like you kind of do because on Sunday

you call her 29 times okay so you call her all these times and why didn't you

use a payphone because she was my phone that's good

today Bull is saying he used to pay phone because Becky used to screen her calls that's not what he used to say and

your statement to the police you said that you left around 8:45 where do you go at that time and then I went over to

my buddy rusty we talked to Cindy and

she said that you've never been over there at night and of course you see where I'm going with that is that you

know 45 minutes after somebody's k*lled you're over somebody's house and they

say well that's the first time he's ever been over at night that was quick then

you start talking about here's a little alibi Harvey and Allan's interview of bull was great if you're trying to

picture whether or not someone like bull could be a sh**t ask yourself this question do you think that I me Kelly

could find some man who's a little socially awkward and I couldn't convince him to k*ll somebody for me same thing

I'm pretty sure I could and you know Becky could she's smarter than I am

[Music] after talking to bull and being able to

Evidence

verify heats alibi the night Kirby was k*lled it's clear to us we had found the man who sh*t Kirby now we need to

prepare the case for presentation to the DA you got church-tower consensual evidence huge piece of evidence bull for

the very first time admitted to heavy sex with Becky it was just casual sex which goes right back to us thinking

she's just giving it to him a little bit here in there he's now changed his bizarre excuse for

why he used a pay phone that night to call Becky never said anything about a had extra change in my pocket and when they pushed him for why he unexpectedly

showed up at the Harmons house for the very first time ever that night he just hopped right out of the car every time

Alan went to press him

we now have enough structured central evidence against Becky for being the mastermind of this m*rder and ball for

being the triggerman I'm Julia Julia nice to meet you we have found numerous

witnesses who can talk about the fact that Becky was vengeful and even violent

she had even talked about k*lling Kirby in the past we've learned that Becky

could have very easily adjusted her work schedule to manufacture an alibi that night and on the day of the m*rder there

was an excessive amount of phone calls between Becky and bull there's 29 total calls especially at 9:00 p.m. the time

when we all think Kirby was k*lled he wants to tell her that he wants her to be impressed yes of course and last of

all you have motive for Becky that life insurance policy was worth the heck of a lot more than she was ever going to get

as she divorced him a divorce that was only days away from being final and for

Bowl it was only all about making Becky happy this case is great let's just hope

the DA agrees so Miss Julie what did you think I feel like that you know with circumstantial

cases I know this is the right person and I know there's enough evidence that

a jury could convict him sometimes you just have to go to trial and see if they will convict him I think you've got

everything we need we like to go games once today all right

that is awesome they might be slow talking in Georgia but they ain't slow moving here she comes

Becky

time to rock and roll even though they have a warrant for Becky's arrest the detectives want to give Becky the chance

to maybe dig her whole just a little busy it's time for them to chat with the mastermind behind Carver's m*rder we

want to cover like the weekend that the m*rder occurred you remember who the other nurses were they came in it's not

a significant event

yep Becky Smith Haney is not a normal person she's cold she never misses a b*at she

answers the questions exactly how she wants to relationship no never know

would it surprise you if Bullas told us that y'all did yeah well Bo said it

yesterday and you that's a lot that's a lot can you go back and review all your cell phone records and you have motive

for Kirby to be dead you think got hired he to do is that what you're asking me

no no I want to know if you had do it no I didn't have any I know where he's was work that night yeah he wasn't

work well no baby in if he's at work how did he do it the m*rder hat much where he went to work we know that brain has got whatever

it Randy had a plan to signal Harvey and Matt when it seemed like they were running to dead ends with Becky and I'm

thinking it's about time for him to send up that signal he's waving he's waving go Matt she had another

bucket of water when I go after somebody it's not in the way that you're thinking I'll I've got a plan oh I'm gonna go and

have him k*lled okay No so if you want to push me then I can push back if you wants to get down

and dirty then we can get down and dirty

Oh okay

don't you think she's acting a little calm for a person who didn't do this she realized the potential was there this

could come they took a line then their

watch to begin there's a lot of people that love Kirby

whoever that person is he or she I have so much hatred in my heart or the

unknown person you know I can never forget and they deserve to pay for that

Becky Arrested

Wow Becky was being arrested the guys had uniformed patrol officers sent out to get eyes on ball you know what they

should say when they're hooking them we talked to her today and she said you you might very well have done this just to

see his reaction maybe he'll start rolling on her we're hoping that they're

gonna get lucky because you never know how bull might react is he gonna run is he gonna fight what's he gonna do right

there then put your hands behind back right hand [Applause]

double custom ten years ago when this case came out I was just a but private

rookie detective you know after so much time knowing that this is no longer a

cold case I can take that picture down beside my office it's a great feeling

they're getting it over here tape I will sleep here tonight since they move so

fast here in Columbus Georgia in a matter of hours we were able to witness the double arrests of Becky and bull how

are you girly a lot of people knew Kirby a lot of people know Dustin and they

know Heather the minute this gets out their phones are gonna be blowing up I don't think it's fair that they find out

that way so you wanna know what we were doing at four o'clock today we were all sitting

in a parking lot watching Randy and Matt and Harvey put handcuffs on the rest of

Becky and arrest her for the m*rder of your daddy and she is now charged with

m*rder you serious yeah baby [Music]

about an hour after that Randy and Matt and Harvey were putting handcuffs on the

wrists a bull and arresting him for the m*rder of a Daddy and right now

they're both sitting in the custody of the Columbus Georgia PD jail this is

good news it's a beautiful case against both of them and if you sit down and think of

all of it with your common sense she masterminded it and bull pulled the trigger I told you I said that when you

have a reaction like that it's a funeral that she may not have pulled the trigger but she knows who did or she has

something to do with it all of those little things are pieces of the story there go to show she's guilty I'm just

upset for a little kirby no he doesn't have a mom or a dad he's got you it's

not fair and so I'm happy that somebody is gonna pay for taking him away from us

that's too soon man you know it hadn't even so been yet I think I feel more

peaceful in this final in a just drops again you should sit down with Randy and with Matt okay because they're gonna be

taking this from here on out there's nobody better your DA is fantastic you're cops adore you and are wonderful

he's been telling me all along I want to do this for you we're very glad you

decided to come thank you in 10 long years I know it's a horrible story I'm sure dad was a great guy if he was here

he'd give you a big ol hug for a minute a hug and we'll let you start making all

your own Kirby's kids are just like Kirby must have been there's no pretense they are what they are and for them to

just want to hug us because that's what their dad always did I can't think of a better way to indicate and a better way

of saying thank you

[Music]