02x10 - Throwing Fire

Complete collection of episode transcripts for seasons 1 - 7. Aired: September 2008 to February 2015.*

Moderator: Maggiemay19

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A famous "psychic" outs himself as a fake and starts working as a consultant for the California Bureau of Investigation so he can find "Red John," the madman who k*lled his wife and daughter.

02x10 - Throwing Fire

Post by bunniefuu »

Baseball field

Lisbon: Nice place. Where does a baseball scout get this kind of money?

Cho: Barney Sloop? He's got 15 players in the majors right now and a piece of everything they make. A million-dollar eye for talent. He spots 'em young all over the world, brings 'em here, trains 'em, gets 'em fat pro contracts.

Jane: So you played.

Cho: I played a little.

Jane: Pitcher? Controlling the action? Man with the ball.

Cho: Ah, I stopped.

Jane: Which you still have unresolved bad feelings about. Yeah, now I see it. That's why you joined the g*ng. Your parents thought you were wasting your time, so they made you quit baseball, crushed your dream. You were angry about it, but you couldn't express that directly, so you joined a g*ng as an outlet for all that anger.

Cho: Actually, I tore my a. c.l. Nice try.

Jane: Parents. It's funny, isn't it— big regrets in life people keep to themselves?

Lisbon: I don't know. I tell people about you.

Jane: Nice one. A zinger. High and tight.

Policeman: Yeah, as close as we can tell, the m*rder occurred around 10:30 p. m.

Cho: Thanks. No big mysteries, w*apon-wise. Looks like three or four blows.

Lisbon: Rage k*lling.

Cho: The coroner estimates t. o.d. around 10:30 last night.

Freddy: Look like they're here, finally. Freddy Fitch, Barney's partner. I want to know who did this, quickly.

Lisbon: Agent Lisbon. This is agent Cho. Jane.

Freddy: Anything you need, it's yours.

I can't believe it.

Jane: This was his garden?

Freddy: His peace garden, he called it. A year or so ago he got into all this zen malarkey.

Lisbon: Who had access to this area?

Freddy: Everyone at the academy— six players in residence, family members, staff.

Lisbon: We'll need a list.

Freddy: Sure, sure. But trust me, no one here w-would hurt Barney.

Lisbon: You discovered the body?

Freddy: I was out of town yesterday-a high school clinic in Portland. Flew back early this morning, came straight here, found him like this. My God.

Man: Run, run, run! Come on! Work it, Scotty, work it!

Lisbon: His body's still warm, and they're training?

Freddy: I said they could skip the workout. They wouldn't. "hold on to the dream." that's what he told them. Barney was like a father to these kids.

Man: Pitching is legs!

Boy: Look, Dad, I'm ahead of you!

Jane: Seems they have their own fathers.

Freddy: Ah, these kids are minors. We bring the dads out to sign off on deals, moral support. Scotty Sinclair and Snake Gallidos. Five drooling scouts coming today.

Lisbon: Maybe now isn't the best time.

Freddy: Barney set this up— his last showcase. I'm gonna honor that I know you gotta talk to them. It's your job, but please.

Jane: Hey, we can let the kids finish their practice. Let's take a look at his house.

Lisbon: How do you know where it's at?

Jane: 'Cause this thing is a map of his whole life— work, garden, home. Zen malarkey. I don't expect it's much to look at— a simple bed or a thing or...

The Mentalist [Season02 Episode10 Throwing Fire]

Baseball field

Lisbon: Jane? Jane!

Cho: You all right? Jane?

Flashback 1986 - Circus

Jane young: I see it. A cigarette case.

Jane's father: A cigarette case. Yes! Yes! Very good. But... What's it made out of, son? What kind of cigarette case, Patrick? What would you say? What's it made of?

Jane young: Sterling silver.

Jane's father: Your sterling silver cigarette case back, ma'am. Next object would be—

Jane young: the cigarette case... It once belonged to someone very, very close to you.

Woman: That's right.

Jane's father: Yes! The boy wonder sees all. The next object, Patrick—

Jane young: someone who's passed on... Quite recently.

Woman: Last month.

Jane young: Your grandfather. No. Your grandmother. She loved you... Very much... More than she may have expressed.

Jane's father: What the hell was that? "your grandmother loves you very much"?

Jane young: Well, did you see her face? It was beautiful.

Jane's father: No, it was a needless risk.

Jane young: An heirloom she carries with her— that's a recent death, and she's too young for dead parents. So... a grandparent.

Jane's father: So what? I'd moved on. It's a double act, kid. You don't fly solo.

Jane young: You know, you're always saying, when you're working strong, work strong, be brave. Well, I was working strong, and I was right.

Jane's father: No, there is no "right" if there's no payoff. This is show business, not show art. Your stage clothes are walking by themselves. Wash 'em good. That private reading... It came through.

Jane young: You got it? When?

Jane's father: Tomorrow. This is a big score, Patty— big enough for us to blow off this outfit, step up in class and get ourselves some new wheels, even. Only one thing worries me. It's you, my boy. Are you up to it?

Jane young: Oh, you know I am. Of course you are. The boy wonder sees all.

Baseball field

Cho: Can you stand up? Can you talk?

Jane: Ouch. Now that was talking.

Lisbon: He needs to see a doctor.

Cho: Yeah.

Jane: I've never caught a foul ball before.

Lisbon: Technically, you still haven't. Cho, you take him.

Cho: Yeah.

Jane: Oh, no, no, no, no. I'm fine.

Cho: How many fingers?

Jane: Six. Haven't we got a m*rder to solve?

Lisbon: You were unconscious.

Jane: No, I wasn't.

Cho: Jane, you were.

Jane: Was not. Your turn. Okay, I'll see a doctor. Uh, excuse me, doctor? I know. Real, live patient. I'm excited, too.

Barney's house

Freddy: Barney lived simple-all work, all the time, 24/7. Left his wife, gave her the big house. A clean, simple life— that's all he wanted.

Lisbon: Barney was married?

Freddy: Still is—Leslie. A piece of work. Like I said, he moved out a year ago.

Jane: After their son d*ed.

Freddy: He was 3, choked on a balloon. Leslie just fell apart— angry at Barney, the whole world, couldn't get past it. I called her this morning after I called you. She wouldn't even pick up the phone. Bad things happen, and you deal with 'em.

Lisbon: And Barney did? Eh, he put his head down, went to work. Found Snake in the Dominican and Scotty somewhere in—in Kansas Meanwhile, Leslie is stuck living in a— in a world of hurt.

Jane: I feel it.

CBI

Rigsby: Let's check out the wife— Leslie Sloop.

Van Pelt: Working.

Rigsby: Okay.

Barney's house

Freddy: Drinking like a fish, picking up strangers, calling Barney at all hours, screaming... I don't get that kind of anger. Okay, her kid d*ed. I-is that gonna bring him back?

Jane: You don't have kids.

Freddy: No, I don't. Uh, the ballplayers should be heading in.

Jane: With Barney dead, I'm assuming that you get the, uh, controlling interest in the academy.

Freddy: What's that got to do with it?

Jane: Money-traditionally a very popular motive.

Freddy: Excuse me?

Jane: I imagine these two had their differences— the gold watch, the italian suit— oh, I'm sorry—the taiwanese suit made to look italian.

Freddy: I don't have to listen to this.

Jane: Not exactly emblems of the clean, simple life. There was a culture clash, yeah?

Freddy: No.

Lisbon: Jane.

Jane: Plus what is it exactly you bring to the table? Barney was the brains, the real scout, the star— I mean, the Sloop academy. Jealousy-motive number two.

Freddy: I k*lled him. I-I m*rder*d my best friend.

Jane: Did you?

Lisbon: Jane, come on.

Freddy: Get this jerk away from me.

Jane: Seriously, get it off your chest. You'll feel a lot better.

Freddy: He was my friend!

Jane: How did that feel, crushing your friend's skull with that bat? How did that feel, huh?

Lisbon: Back off now.

Jane: I'm just checking him out.

Lisbon: And?

Jane: Well, ambivalent reading, to be honest. Maybe he did it. Maybe he didn't. But one thing he does understand—that's anger. No offense. You think I can skip these interviews?

Lisbon: Please.

Jane: Thanks.

Room

Lisbon: Scotty Sinclair?

Scotty's father: Doc Sinclair. He's 17. You're talkin' to him, you're talkin' to me.

Snake: Two, maybe three months ago, I was having control trouble— my slider. Mr. Sloop said I needed to "quiet my brain." We raked together in his garden.

Snake's father: And it worked.

Snake: I would never hurt Mr. Sloop.

Scotty: He gave me everything. He brought me here. He hooked me up with great coaches, regular school.

Lisbon: And money to live on-an advance, some kind of endorsement deal?

Scotty: Got, like, ten free pairs.

Scotty's father: Which we're gonna have to pay back if he blows this showcase.

Scotty: Barney cared. Okay? He taught us how to handle money, invest it. He taught us how to handle life.

Scotty's father: Are we done yet? He's supposed to be throwing right now.

CBI

Rigsby : (phone) Right, yeah. Got it. Thanks, Frank. Barney's life insurance payout— $20 million.

Van Pelt: Let me guess-sole beneficiary Leslie Sloop.

Rigsby : $20 million— that's a pretty good motive. For $20 million, I'd k*ll you.

Van Pelt: Oh, really?

Rigsby : No, I mean, um, kidding. It was a... Joke.

Van Pelt: Still the machine.

Rigsby : Let's go see her.

Leslie's house

Van Pelt: Someone needs parking lessons.

Narcisco: Who are you?

Rigsby: We're looking for Leslie Sloop.

Narcisco: Bitch ain't here, man, and I called the real cops. Hey, man, what took you?

Van Pelt: Hey, Narcisco!

Rigsby: Wait. You know him?

Van Pelt: You don't? Narcisco Rubrero— walk-off homer, game one, world series? Help us out, Narcisco. Where is she?

Policeman: Let's go downtown and get a statement.

Rigsby: Hold on, you guys. We got dibs here.

Narcisco: She scratched my face. I think I'm bleedin'. Look, she smashes her car, so she steals mine— my Lamborghini.

Van Pelt: Where did she go?

Narcisco: I got a g*n in that car. It's all legal. I got, like, a—got, like, a permit.

Rigsby: Narcisco, where is she?

Narcisco: I don't know, man. She kept screaming about her little angel. You know, she had to see her little angel.

Rigsby: The son— Michael.

Narcisco: She stole my car!

Rigsby: So take it up with the real cops.

Baseball field

Cho: Jane? Lisbon wants us back at the office. Jane? Wrong way. Jane! What are you doing?

Jane: They say there's no seasons in California, but that looks like fall.

Cho: No, looks like you need a doctor.

Jane: I am kind of dizzy.

Flashback

Jane's father: Okay, hotshot. Female, third in line.

Jane young: Okay. New mom, recently married. One of her first days out. He is gonna get her a better ring.

Jane's father: Who is?

Jane young: Members only. They had to get married.

Jane's father: Yeah, that's my boy. You have x-ray eyes. No doubt about it.

Baseball field

Cho: Jane?

Jane: I'm okay. Snake and Scotty are about to pitch. We can't Miss that.

Cemetery

Leslie: Oh, Michael, I'm so sorry. What did I do?

Rigsby: Mrs. Sloop?

Leslie: I'm with my son.

Rigsby: Mrs. Sloop, I'm sorry. We need to talk to you about your husband.

Leslie: No, no. You need to go. Really, you do. Don't you see? This is private. I don't want to talk. I just... I just—I want to end this. Please just leave me alone.

Van Pelt: I'm sorry. We can't do that.

Leslie: You have to. Please. Because I... I don't know what else to do.

Van Pelt: Mrs. Sloop.

Leslie: Oh, my god. I'm so sorry.

Van Pelt: I've never had children. I-I can't even begin to imagine your loss.

Leslie: No. N-no, you can't. So just stop. Please just leave me alone. Just stop talking.

Van Pelt: I'm not going to stop. I can't. My sister-she was just like you.

Leslie: I don't— I don't want to hear this.

Van Pelt: She wanted it to be over... For her. It was always about her. She couldn't talk to me.

Leslie: About what?

Van Pelt: About anything. I'm her sister. But she didn't-not to me, not to anybody. She just ended it for her.

Leslie: I don't know what else to do.

Van Pelt: Give me the g*n. Put it down. You don't want to do this. Not here. Give me the g*n.

Leslie: I'm so sorry, Michael.

Rigsby: It's okay. Come on. It's okay. It's okay.

Baseball field

Snake's father: Not now. You know that. OK. OK. Look, I'm busy here. Your brother's tryout is today. No. No way. Bye.

That's my older boy. He's a pitcher, just like Snake. He's just as good, too. But he's 22. In baseball years, he's an old man.

Jane: Yeah, these pro teams, they like 'em young these days. Like Snake—plenty of time for improvement.

Cho: We caught a break. The wife looks good for it.

Jane: What was that? Was that a fork—did he just throw a forkball?

Cho: It was a slider. We gotta go. Lisbon wants you to take a look at the wife.

Jane: Slider? You know, I'm still a little dizzy. You go. Really, I-I'll get a ride. People love driving with me. Couldn't find sunflowers. Not quite the same.

CBI

Lisbon: Leslie, where were you last night?

Leslie: We went to the movies. I don't— I don't remember which one.

Lisbon: You're not supposed to take these when you're drinking.

Leslie: It was so loud—there were g*ns and helicopters and people screaming. Ugh, there was so much screaming. Darn. These are supposed to keep me calm. Just one a day. That's what the doctor said. That'll do the trick.

Lisbon: Leslie, did you go see Barney last night?

Leslie: To see Barney? Mr. Zen? Mr. Acceptance? Why would I do that?

Leslie: Tell us about Narcisco.

Leslie: Narcisco? Oh, yeah. He's one of Barney's players. I sometimes slept with those guys. Did you know that? I did that sometimes to make him mad. He didn't even care.

Van Pelt: She's going around and around, but I think she's gonna give it up.

Rigsby: I thought you were amazing out there today. I just wanted to tell you that.

Van Pelt: Thank you, I guess.

Rigsby: Can I ask you something?

Van Pelt: I don't have a sister.

Rigsby: No. I didn't remember one.

Van Pelt: It just... Came out.
Baseball field

Scotty's father: Come on. Come on. Come on. What was that? Come on, Scotty! What are you thinkin'?

Snake's father: He gets down on him too much. The boy can throw.

Snake: He can hit, too. Last night in the cage, he dinged me three times off my slider. Nobody touches my slider.

Snake's father: That man is gonna k*ll the golden goose. Scotty plays like this now, imagine when he's 18 or 20 years old. He's only gonna get better. It's amazing, huh?

Flashback

Jane's father: There. I spent three long days at that crummy hospital finding the mark, setting up the play. And now... It's time to get paid.

Baseball field

Jane: We've been waiting for you. How you doing? Go, cho!

Cho: CBI! Stop!

CBI

Lisbon: We talked to five bars near the beach. Nothing.

Leslie: After the movies, I had an argument with Narcisco, and I went to Barney's. He was sleeping... In his garden. He wouldn't even talk to me.

Lisbon: Leslie— -

Leslie: I'm his wife! I'm the mother of his child. Shouldn't he talk to me?

Lisbon: She was there that night, but he was already dead?

Rigsby: If they were at a 10:00 movie, it adds up.

Van Pelt: She knew he was dead. That's what pushed her over the edge.

Leslie: I didn't-I didn't k*ll him. I couldn't, even if I wanted to. What would I tell Michael?

Jane: Mm, you should let her go.

Lisbon: Where? Even if she didn't k*ll him, she needs help. Your pants are ripped.

Cho: We found a witness with immigration problems.

Witness: A baseball player—he was very angry with Mr. Sloop.

Lisbon: Yesterday afternoon?

Witness: He was yelling... Loud. He say Mr. Sloop was stealing. And Mr. Sloop— he was very quiet. He was trying to walk away, but the baseball player— he followed him, very angry.

Lisbon: That's it?

Witness: Um, mr. Sloop, he went into his trailer. Then he come out, and he show him some papers. And then the baseball player, he got quiet. And that's when I left.

Jane: But he'd recognize the player if he saw him again.

Witness: Yes.

Snake's father: It's the biggest day of their lives. Don't you get that?

Lisbon: Barney Sloop had his head bashed in, Mr. Gallidos. Big day for him, too.

Policeman: All right, line up facing the mirror.

Witness: Him.

Lisbon: You sure?

Witness: Him at the end.

Scotty's father: It's just not true.

Scotty: Dad— -

Scotty's father: I've got this. My boy doesn't lie. If he said he didn't—

Scotty: I did. I went to see him, all right? But, I mean, I didn't k*ll him.

Lisbon: What were you arguing about?

Scotty's father: I don't believe it. You lied to me?

Lisbon: Mr. Sinclair, please.

Scotty: Yeah. I'm sorry to disappoint you, Dad.

Lisbon: What were you arguing about? What did Barney steal?

Freddy: He's not saying one word, because we're leaving now.

Lisbon: Mr. Fitch— -

Freddy: Scotty had an argument with Barney hours before the m*rder. You got nothing to hold him on.

Lisbon: Not yet.

Lisbon: He had an argument with Barney. He was angry. He lied about it. Who's to say Scotty didn't go back that night and k*ll the guy?

Jane: The kid didn't do it. He was angry with his dad, not with Sloop. If you think he did it, then check the cameras.

Lisbon: What camera?

Jane: The baseball field cameras. Snake let slip that he and Scotty were out there last night. Apparently, Scotty handled Snake's slider very well.

Lisbon: You sure you're all right?

Jane: Yeah, fine. Security cam. Should be time-stamped.

Van Pelt: The guy who manages the multiplex in Castine City— he remembers a drunk couple fighting in the lobby. The woman was screaming about the movie being too loud. 10:00 show. Sound familiar?

Lisbon: Go and show him a picture of Leslie and Narcisco. If he i. d.s them, that lets them out, too.

Van Pelt: Okay.

Lisbon: We're clearing people. We're supposed to be catching them.

Flashback

Old woman: We've tried everything. She finished her fourth course of chemo last week. And then the, uh, tumors in her lungs are growing.

Girl: Cool shirt.

Jane young: Thank you.

Old woman: Now the doctors say there's nothing they can do, just make her comfortable.

Jane's father: I know it... Must be difficult.

Old woman: So when I heard about the crystal—

Jane's father: ah, yes. The crystal.

Girl: Does it really work? Will it shrink the tumors?

Jane's father: Observe. Decide for yourself. Patrick? Son?

Jane young: I'm sorry.

Jane's father: Patrick!

Girl: What's wrong?

Jane's father: Oh, he... It's a stressful process. He—he just needs some air. Won't be long.

Jane's father: Get up and get back in there.

Jane young: I can't do it. I can't.

Jane's father: Get up now. What part? What part can't you do? The gag? That's easy. I did the hard part. I put the money in the tent. All you gotta do is pick it up.

Jane young: She's dying. Okay, we're stealing from a dying girl.

Jane's father: Okay. Yeah, we're all dying, kid. Okay? We're all dying. But what we're giving her— because yeah, she'll be dead by Tuesday and needs it more than most— is hope. Do you get that?

Jane young: I can't do it.

Jane's father: Okay. All right. You're either with the show, or you're not. You're a loser, or you're someone who plays the losers. And you can't just back out when you feel like it, when it's morally convenient, when you don't have the guts. I've never backed out. I've been carrying you for a long time, and it's not gettin' any easier, son. No one like an aging boy psychic. Short pants don't look so good on a kid that needs a shave. Now... You're gonna need a new act. You're gonna work that out all by yourself? You going solo? Yes or no, boy? Are you with it? Are you with me? Right now. You gotta say. Come on.

CBI

Lisbon: 7:21—that's the last time we see 'em. Either one of them could have gone back to Barney's.

Cho: Where you going?

Jane: Baseball academy, I was thinking. Don't we have to solve this thing?

Lisbon: Rigsby and Van Pelt are talking to the theater manager now.

Jane: The wife? No, no. It wasn't her. The m*rder w*apon was a baseball bat. Baseball bat, baseball academy—common sense.

Lisbon: Do you know who the k*ller is?

Jane: What do you think?

Lisbon: I think you said, "what do you think?" To make me think you do so I'll go with you, but really you don't.

Cho: Baseball bat, baseball academy— that's not common sense.

Jane: Great. We'll all go.

Baseball field

Freddy: All right, fellas, fellas, listen up here a minute, please. Before we start, I just want to say a few words about Barney Sloop. He was a great partner, a great friend to all of us and most of all, a great friend to the game of baseball itself. Let us bow our heads. Okay then. That brings us to Snake Gallidos and Scotty Sinclair— Barney's last and maybe his greatest discoveries— two pitchers with huge franchise potential. In a few minutes, guys, you're gonna see the future. Meanwhile, grab some food and a beer and make sure you've brought your checkbooks.

Snake: What are you doing here?

Jane: Well, we thought you might be relieved to know that we know you're innocent, so you can relax. Go out there and be great. You're gonna be superstars.

Snake: That's right, baby.

Jane: Women, cars, adulation, buckets of money all there for you. So who cares if your dad steals a little here and there, huh?

Scotty: Hey, he didn't steal.

Jane: Really?

Scotty: Yeah. He just set up a new bank account.

Jane: And that's what Barney told you when you went over there and argued, to accuse him of stealing— that your dad opened a new account without telling you.

Snake: I don't think you're helping here, man.

Jane: Yes, you two, you have the gift. The question is this—what are you gonna do with that gift?

Snake: Play baseball?

Jane: That's right. You're gonna play baseball. You're gonna sell soap. You're gonna be part of the big machine.

Snake: No, no, no. Not soap, man. My own cologne— Snake for men."

Jane: That sounds good.

Scotty: So we sell ourselves. I mean, what else are we gonna do?

Jane: Well, I'm just saying be careful that you sell your talent and not your soul. Don't let other people run your lives, not even your dads. And trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

Snake: Oh, yeah? What's your talent, old man?

Jane: Me? I read minds, and there's been plenty of times that I've misused that.

Scotty: Read minds, man? Get real.

Jane: I am real. Just like most people read books, I read minds.

Snake: Okay, what am I thinking?

Jane: You're thinking, "holy crap, I hope he can't really read minds. Otherwise I'd be in deep trouble right now." Right? Okay. Cho, could you hand me that pencil, please? Scotty, concentrate. Think of your birthday. Don't tell me. Month, day, year. Concentrate.

Scotty: All right, I'm doing it.

Snake: He's messing with us, man. Come on, we need to go out there.

Jane: I'm reading his mind. Okay, got it. What's your birthday, Scotty?

Scotty: April 10, '92.

Jane: April 10, '92. Now how much money you want to bet that I can't read minds? You're gonna be a big sh*t baseball player, make a lot of money. How much of that money are you willing to bet that I can't read minds?

Scotty: No way.

Jane: Snake, you want in on the action? Cho's not going near it. He knows better.

Snake: Show it to me.

Scotty: No way. Come on. Show it. Okay, that's sick. Maybe he read it somewhere.

Jane: Snake, it's my talent. You want to try? Your birthday. Just think of it. It's okay.

Snake: I got to warm up, man. Let's go.

Jane: All right. Maybe another time. Good luck.

Snake: Thanks.

Jane: You, too.

Scotty: Thanks.

Cho: What was that about?

Jane: Just confirming a hunch.

Cho: You okay?

Jane: Yeah, I'm fine. Just give me a minute, I'll close this thing.

Cho: My dad hated baseball.

Jane: You gotta get over that. Probably never would have made the big leagues anyway.

Flashback

Jane's father: This crystal is from ancient Egypt. Its healing powers are legendary. Where there is sickness, it brings health. This may be hard to watch.

Girl: No, don't!

Jane's father: And when the crystal is applied... The burn is healed. The same thing happens with the tumors. They just disappear.

Old woman: I want it.

Jane's father: Ma'am, we are here for the next three days. You can have as many appointments as you like.

Old woman: No. I want the crystal. I want to buy it.

Jane's father: Oh, that's not possible, ma'am.

Old woman: I brought cash.

Jane's father: Ma'am, I'm sorry. It's been in our family for the past six generations. I can't.

Old woman: Please!

Jane's father: I'm truly sorry, ma'am.

Jane young: Dad, she needs it. Just give it to her!

Old woman: Please! I'm begging you.

Jane's father: 10 grand, my son. You were great in there. The crying, oh, that was fantastic. I almost bought it myself. You earned this—every penny. I'm gonna be a little late tonight. The sideshow boys got a little poker going. so, uh... Wish me luck, hmm?

Baseball field

Jane: Snake, you left before I got to read your mind.

Snake's father: What are you talking about? Go away now. We got to focus.

Jane: Oh, I was just trying to get his date of birth.

Snake's father: March 5, '92. Okay? You happy?

Jane: March 5, '92. That's weird. I got the march 5th bit right, but I got the, uh, year wrong. I'm never off by that much. Five years.

Snake's father: What are you doing?

Jane: That would make you 22—22 years old.

Snake's father: Get out of here.

Jane: That's the same age as your brother—uh, Carlos. That's his name, isn't it?

Snake's father: Shut your mouth, man! Get outta here!

Cho: Take it easy.

Jane: Barney found out, didn't he? Yeah? He found out that Snake was 22. He was gonna send him home.

Snake's father: Shut your mouth, man.

Freddy: What the hell's going on here?

Jane: Jupiter k*lled Barney to conceal Snake's real age.

Freddy: Holy crap. Is this true?

Snake's father: I tried to reason with him, but he just walked away.

Snake: Pa?

Snake's father: Don't say a word, Snake. No digas nada. He doesn't know nothing.

Cho: Nothing about what?

Freddy: Holy crap.

Snake's father: I... I didn't do nothing. I'm not saying nothing.

Jane: Oh, come on, Jupiter. Let's be honest here. We'll let your kid throw. Right, Mr. Fitch? Yeah?

Freddy: How old are you really, kid? On the bible.

Snake: 22.

Freddy: You might have a sh*t... Middle reliever maybe. If you double my cut, he can throw. Deal.

Cho: Put your hands behind your back. You're under arrest for the m*rder of Barney Sloop.

Snake: Dad.

Snake's father: Man up, kid. Remember to keep the ball low. You get in trouble, throw 'em the slider.

Cho: Come on.

Jane: I just feel a little bit dizzy. I'm just gonna take a knee. I'm good.

Man: Strike three. You're out.

Scotty's father: You got lucky on that one.

Scotty: I struck him out.

Scotty's father: You set him up with the heater. You don't use it for an out, not in that situation.

Scotty: I struck him out.

Scotty's father: We'll talk about this later. I'm gonna make our deal.

Scotty: No, you won't. I hired an agent.

Lisbon: Let's go see a doctor.

Jane: Why? Are you feeling unwell?

Lisbon: No, you are. Cho said you almost fainted.

Jane: Oh, it was just pretending. I hate these kind of dramatic scenes. Poor kid.

Lisbon: Liar. You just don't want to go to the doctor.

Jane: Well, what's a doctor gonna say? "you banged your head. Be careful."

Lisbon: You might need an M.R.I.

Jane: Now you're really selling it. Sounds great.

Lisbon: Are you okay?

Jane: Just kidding.