02x08 - Billy Goat Hill

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Cold Justice". Aired: September 3, 2013 – present.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

Investigative true crime series follows former Harris County, Texas prosecutor Kelly Siegler and a team of investigators as they reopen unsolved m*rder cases with the consent and assistance of local law enforcement.

02x08 - Billy Goat Hill

Post by bunniefuu »

on May 29 1999 a woman in Chattanooga Tennessee was clearing weeds in her

backyard when she discovered a human skull in the days that followed police

located imagine skeleton in the woods of a place nearby called Billy Goat Hill

the remains were identified as a woman named Vicki Hollingsworth a young lady

who had been considered missing and now is considered m*rder

so this case is 15 and a half years old and this is the first one we have where

the body was found a while afterwards normally you start a case with a body a

w*apon but here all we have are bones so our crime scenes are gonna be crucial

in tying back the m*rder to her k*ller we need to sit down and figure out specific minutes of that morning when it

all could have happened for years the victim's family has searched in question I'm too identified my list and now with

the help of experienced investigators Orlando Martinez and Steve's fan gola we're gonna track down every last

witness to try and get some answers that's out she said I'm scared to death

Vicki being m*rder*d calls their mother to lose hope and she d*ed never knowing for sure who k*lled her baby she'll

never know the outcome but at least the rest of the family will let's hope so

it has been 16 years and still no as we consider her k*lling a cold years later

the case is still unsolved there are so many cold cases out there

just waiting to be solved the crime scene ultimately tells the story of the

m*rder we want to bring justice to these victims

[Music] hi hi Philips McCleary nice you know

when I opened my case file there's a picture of Vicki there and then when I look at photos of her children at that

time you know they're like four and nine they're stripped of the mother forever so you were originally on the case I was

originally so my biggest goal is for us to be able to solve this case and let

Vicki's family know that there is some closure Victoria or Vicki I call her Vicki

how'd wash you guys 28 I have thought a lot about the harshness of this case and

we still don't have resolution for it I would love to put somebody in jail to see justice for murdering thinking what

is the date of armor 1897 I'm time I'm missing and what is a date her body was

recovered 529 of 99 yes right yeah she just started a new job huh Vicki had

recently separated from her husband LeBron Hollingsworth when she left she took with her two young children from a

previous marriage nine year-old Wesley and four year-old kageura who ended up raising him their grandparents after

leaving LeBron Vicki and her children moved into the home of Vicki's parents who were out of town at the time of her

disappearance the day that Vicki went missing Vicki's parents can't get in touch with her so they call her brother had him to

go check he goes over finds out that her children have been left alone his parents called the police and

reported as they are traveling back from an out-of-town trip so her missing persons unit work on this for for

several hours they contact us the homicide unit and go hey you guys might

want to come get involved [Music] although big he's missing her car is

long it should be at mom and dad's house and at some time we realized there are some twigs stuck between the muffler and

the frame of the car according to the family even though Vickie and LeBron has separated she agreed to pick him up

every morning at 5:00 a.m. to take him to work we talked to LeBron LeBron says Vicki didn't come pick me up this

morning he's not asking questions about her where everybody else is like where's Vicki he's not this is your wife you've

got a reporter missing and he never talked to the kids after that I've never actually went over and talked to Vicki's

family and he doesn't show any concern about her possibly being missing in a case like Vicki's the spouse is

frequently the first suspect you look at but with LeBron there are a number of even more suspicious factors that make

him our main suspect what's the birthday Jelena put under LeBron abusive husband Vicki left him

couldn't deal with him anymore there were rumors that Vicki had been seeing other people after they separated

and witnesses reported that he had actually been trying to win her back making it even more suspicious that we

showed absolutely no concern he's never lawyer doc has he don't believe he has he has refused to speak with us we feel

pretty good about the LeBron Hollingsworth is our main suspect but because the body wasn't found for over

two years crucial evidence was lost and if the former D I didn't think there was enough evidence to bring the charges

even though we're working in a big city like Chattanooga what's really cool this week is that the executive assistant

district attorney Neil Pinkston is taking the time to meet with us and work with us we're excited to have you here

we've never had a problem so to come soon what's your take on start

consensual evidence cases they're difficult but we tried a number of them where it's just as powerful is sometimes

more powerful than direct evidence tell us the ground rules what you would like for us to do what you're hoping we can

get accomplished Neal is the person who's going to be taking this case if it goes to trial he knows what pieces of

information he needs to secure a conviction when that day happens the first thing I was most interested in is

whatever we can do to focus on who it appears circumstantially the main suspect is and what it was about Vicki

that made him k*ller and explained how he accomplished this the other thing at

some point there's gonna have to be a practical way to explain certain time window that we're dealing with and we

got to show the concealment of the crime because that can eliminate the whole case if we weren't able to show that the

reason that we need to prove LeBron hid Vicki's body is that this crime could be

a crime of passion and in Tennessee there's a 15-year statute of limitations on second-degree m*rder which is m*rder

without premeditation so if LeBron k*lled Vicki in 97 it would be too late to charge him with

second-degree m*rder and he could walk free but if we can show that LeBron was the ones who concealed Vicki's body on

Billy Goat Hill that 15 years wouldn't start until the body was discovered in 1999 meaning that he could still be

charged that's very important and that's exactly why Chattanooga PD asked for our

help [Music] [Applause]

we are heading out to see Vickie's family including her children Wesley and kageura nice to meet you

Vicki's family have always suspected LeBron and her children were old enough to even remember the day she went

missing I'm mom she had a heart ago loved people very family-oriented she wasn't afraid

to be be afraid she was fearless Casey you got a story to talk about your sister alone we were more like

counseling rally you know we grew up she took care of me when I don't know having to change it I think she did wonderful

except she got in touch with a good boy he just didn't treat her right the

relationship between them from what I experienced whether it be there was an abusive relationship was multiple times

of seeing her getting hit getting b*at on don't you saw with your own eyes I

remember one night they were tussling and fighting and woke up and seeing him actually poured gasoline on her face

gasps definitely on earth in her face what about growing up so young about

your mom for me is it's been higher than 16 years of being stripped of my mother

such a young age for what reason nobody can tell me you're aware about you baby it's a little heart is being a female of

growing up I happen to walk that way kept another everytime and then gets hit

buddy don't think of my mother in the heart I searched for my sister for three

weeks straight driving all around I look for my sister that morning happened I knew something

was wrong you know like you lost something you know you gotta find

and that's what I was doing so sooner or

later it's gonna come to here and just is gonna happen with this money that's right and you hold that thought and

you'd be patient for just a little bit longer Vickie's family has been one of the major forces driving this case in

fact when Vicki disappeared her brother Casey confronted LeBron at his home what

Casey found there was evidence of a possible m*rder scene and now he's going to walk us through exactly what was

discovered [Music]

we're at the former home of LeBron Hollingsworth who were trying to prove k*lled his estranged wife Vicki in 1997

LeBron's home is the first of three different crime scenes we're gonna investigate today well he swore some

kind of way I went straight back immediately after Vicki's disappearance her brother Casey did his own

investigation and made some discoveries that would lead police to collect evidence that could help us build a

timeline of what happened that morning I could see why the tracks are coming you can see why it has spread and hit the

bush the tire tracks led straight into the backyard through a badly damaged Bush next to a shed the tire tracks

measured five feet four inches from outside to outside which is the same as Nikki's Mustang so maybe our tire tracks

come through from where you can see that concrete come around and come more this way so now after that I looked in there

and I could tell you somebody had been in there that was so hysterical at that

time I really was in a rush then I knew I had to find my sister I feel like he wrapped

cadaver dogs searching LeBrons house later led police directly to the shed but no evidence of a body was found you

got to realize that five o'clock in the morning though this was pretty quiet and dark back here neighborhood canvass that

morning most people were asleep only LeBrons next-door neighbor reported

hearing Vicky's car at 5:00 a.m. but she also reported what sounded to her like an argument in LeBrons driveway

unfortunately she is now deceased and while that will keep her statement out of the courtroom it might still help us

understand what happened that morning our theory based on the evidence is that the argument escalated in the driveway

where LeBron possibly m*rder*d Vicki then in an effort to hide her body he put her in the car drove the car back to

the shed where he wrapped her body up placed her back in the car and drove away do y'all think the dump site comes

after this yes so let's drive that and your timing okay all time

[Music] almost two years after Vicki disappeared

a homeowner living at the bottom of billy goat hill found a skull in her backyard her dog had brought it home

from the woods and that's when a search for the rest of the body began cadaver dogs found Vicki's body in a ravine just

off of a blind turn at the top of billy goat hill which was about five miles from LeBrons house

[Music] tigers all over here I wonder how long

those tires have been down here look at all of them they're everywhere this is very secluded

especially in state 5:30 in the morning not a single cars passed this bill today

Billy Goat Hill seems like it would be a perfect place for people to go and and maybe do dr*gs go and have sex it's a

good location just to be hidden away from the people how many feet down was it six hundred six feet so 30 yards it's

far enough to be off the roadway that no one would notice her yeah police found Vicky's skeleton wrapped in trash bags

with four tires placed on top of it you can't dig in here that's why he just placed her and put the tires over so no

one would actually see her because the attempt to hide Vicki's body was so obvious it doesn't hurt us that we don't

know exactly how he k*lled Vicki she sure didn't k*ll and conceal herself but

the show that LeBron could have hidden Vicki's body we're gonna have to show that he was familiar with Billy Goat Hill do you want to try to locate the

general area you're not walking through there you know you're sure it's a dump it is a dump it's good thing it's

covered it's secluded it's creepy there ain't no cars here it was dark what great spot it's not as dumb as we thought

the last place we need to go is Piggy's house which is less than four miles from Billy Goat Hill this is where witnesses

saw her car in the driveway between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. in the morning this was pretty big property they had a time so

the Mustang was parked in this single driveway right here yes is that where witnesses saw her Mustang parked at 9:00

morning yes but he didn't touch her II don't even pull this branch on the back of the car no the branch lodged in

Vicki's rear fender was proven to match the damaged bush in LeBrons yard he may not even say I don't either side go back

to the picture it's kind of in the witness your hairs all right grabs right here you're not paying attention yeah he

probably just never even paid attention that it was there so he would go to dump the body and on the way back lose the car here and then had three miles to get

home yeah driving the route our k*ller would have taken a possible timeline for

this m*rder is becoming clear Vicky's at LeBrons house at 5:00 a.m. he kills her reps are up in the backyard and can make

it to Billy Goat Hill in about 15 minutes he drops her body he didn't even

take the time to bury her drives 10 minutes to her house parks the car and potentially walks home and it was so

early that would explain why no one saw him and you think oh my gosh can you really do all this in an hour but I

think you can I do too

we've now established a probable timeline for Vicky's m*rder but we still have a long way to go and proving our

case so the next thing we need to do is talk to Vicki's friends so they can give

us a better understanding of her life around the time she went missing

sergeant John Carter the Chattanooga Police Department actually met Mickey years before her m*rder while responding

to a burglary call at her apartment the two were close friends before she got involved with LeBron I hadn't heard from

her for approximately about a year and I pulled up on her at a gas station and

she had tattoos coming from both arms and cursive writing saying I love my

husband she said I'm so scared of my husband it's been just abusing me I said come on

we're gonna get this order protection a restraining order be proud of yourself said they said I couldn't have one they

said I didn't have any police reports I didn't have any evidence I'd have any proof that he'd been b*ating on me not

too long after this incident Becky separated from LeBron and again reached out to her friend sergeant Carter she

said I'm gonna be moving he said I also put in for a job you and my dad and my mom and all the ones going on did you

talk with her anymore after that yes I did I went by to Steve I show up at the office Vicki said some strange happened

today I said what's that city roses they came from my husband he said I'm scared

to death because he has no idea where I work at Vicki had just started a new job

where Jan Pruitt was her supervisor and on that Friday before Vicki went missing

she told Jan that she was gonna go to lunch with LeBron do you ever remember LeBron calling there looking for her

trying to her so she decided she would

go to lunch we didn't make it out and get him off her back there were still some very obvious attempts by LeBron to

continue their relationship stalking type obsessive behavior she was really

afraid of you have you ever heard 11 roses mean to death I think by a dozen and give one to another girl uh between the Roses and

the constant calling is pretty clear the LeBron wanted to get back with Vicki but she did not so we need to find somebody

we can speak to about the nature of their relationship just prior to Vicky's joy missing hello how are you

office Mitchell was friends with Vicki and even today remains close friends with LeBron still working on Vicki's

case he also owns a local restaurant where Braun and Vicki were seen together the day before she disappeared the

weekends he got missing he was arguing with us I was there when he lorded every girl he

with he tell if they have nobody with if I had a dollar for every time I heard if

I can't have you no one can in a case of domestic v*olence I'd be a rich lady and if you hear that when you're sitting on

a jury it spells one thing to you demoted when he went missing yeah but knew he did some - she had a

bra would not let her go he would k*ll if she left with LeBron living in Texas

we're not gonna be able to question him anytime soon but after talking to Adolphus I feel like we can learn a lot

more about his MO by talking to all of the X's in his life come on villain Orlando are interviewing

lady named Karen who happens to be the stepdaughter of a Chattanooga Police Sergeant she also though is one of the

exes in the life of a Braun LeBron can be sweet but he you know he would go and

rages what sets him off anything that was making him jealous

I could see somebody walking up the street he thinks I'm looking at a good guys looking out the window while we

drive in school who are you looking at I didn't call her police a lot because I didn't want my dad bang they keep coming

up it me wrong it property is protected here I am the bad police get in trouble

he keeps I wouldn't get in trouble but I was running with trouble karen was young

at a time that they met and she fell under his spell and a person he was nice

and then he was abusive and I'm so glad that she got away from the abusive

relationship probably eight years ago my peasant had a cookout and one of his friends show up

remember the witch grin I don't know their name but his twin brothers little

short gasp no taller than me and your twins identical twins anyway one Oh Sousa

he helped me almost NTUC said I'm so glad you got away from you I feel so bad

and I said what are you talking about he said he was trying to get away from the blood he's sitting brother started an

argument with him proceeded to choke her she passed out

this is why we always have to talk to the XS if this is true and there's an

eyewitness this could be huge I said how could you live with yourself about I

don't know their name but Corey slaughters mom was dating one of the

twins ago can y'all tell what a great day this is I know the run somewhere right now was

so long it beeper hello yes we need to talk to the rest of LeBrons exes if we

can figure out if there's a pattern of abuse but we also need to prioritize if Karen is right about this twin that

could change everything so we need to find out who he is and try and track him down my name is I did k*ll a woman and

r*pe unity the black heart diamonds premieres

Monday January 19 on CI hey miss Lauren

listen sergeant Kilgore attending Police Department I are you miss Lauder did you hear her date a guy that was a twin what

was his name we've learned there may be

a man who witnessed Vicky's m*rder he's a twin and he dated a lady named Harriet slaughter unfortunately she can't

remember his name so we pulled photos of twins with criminal records to see if LeBrons ex-wife Karen and give us a

possible ID okay I'm going to show you a

couple pictures okay okay their eyes

were light and they're probably no taller than five three four the

neighborhood knew him for working on cars all the time with no matches so far

Chattanooga Police Sergeant Justin Kilgore and Steve are gonna check around LeBrons old neighborhood to see if they

can find out who these twins might be [Music]

y'all live down here for a long time yeah you know a couple of twins that used to hang around you say in film I

just want a holler for prevent beware of the dog they sorry I'm Italian so I got

that good sweet meat like meat we are

looking for to 5 foot 4 inch twins who fix cars on the street you wouldn't think it would be that hard I held on to

second tell me what okay she's talking

about okay yeah we know about Vicki you on the right track we you sit down in my

car and talk to me what did you know

about brownian Vicki thank you everyone know anything by burning go to waterboy

yeah he can tell you anything you want to know yeah Tom Yvonne and which is water boy

that's what they called him because he's basically I do believe for and LeBron did water boy ever tell you about what

happened to Vicki into me but he Holly that he was running jump only water boy

yeah discrete then we burn it pull it out yeah I'm whatever might be witty be

too big a boy when water boy was

originally interviewed back in 97 it didn't appear that he may have been involved not knows where he is

I'm coming to her I don't know that either but now that we have some new

information it's very important to talk of water boy and do you know two twins that used to

run around with LeBron describe them for

me and what was their names

I think a*t*matic list has to be the gas so let's send out an email to all the

officers in apartment the city can identify them I've got a Donald and Connell Moreland they both worked on

cars and how tall are they pop horn can you find a picture of them I've got pictures right now nice I'm gonna show

you two pictures so just look at them for me that's down it is cool

miss slaughter let me give you these two names and see if they ring a bell con el or Donnell which one did you date

con out with se I call sergeant Phillips and I explained

to him this is con el that wasn't what we're looking for can you in Orlando go and find con el and see what you can

come up with [Music]

Carnell no no no no he's doing at you

dar been handcuffs yeah I'll supervise a homicide unit okay oh

my god now you ain't k*lled nobody right

okay okay you know LeBron Hollingsworth I know the name I can't put a picture

but tonight he's the one in the middle right there oh my god and they said what he saying

on the same here they do

he k*lled a guru what makes you think he k*lled her one thing I know he had a bad temper I

know they but something that was told to us was you were with LeBron when he

rolled her up in something no yeah no

one they they say they wrote a good a water board on all seems very forthright

with his version of the events and this rumor that's being passed around but in

court rumors aren't admissible she didn't do they're gonna be dead he didn't wanna should be dead yeah sadly

Carnell wasn't the star witness we hoped it would be but now we have new information to use when we questioned

LeBrons friend waterboy it's time to find out what he really knows [Music]

so I think Tommy's gonna change the story or stick with it Justin and Steve

are on the way to the home of Tommy water boy Vaughn who could be a huge lead in this case if we can get him to

talk water boy could be witness number one see if he remembers anything now at 15 16 is plus he's had a couple of

strokes and I was health as well Tommy

hello Tommy how are you doing it sounds like you've been having some serious health

issues when I see water boy I'm a little wet down because I realized he's pretty bad all health-wise what all kind of

medical issues you have in now do do what I won't talk about Vicky you

remember that one don't you what all you remember about it mm-hmm I know it might be hard remember 16 years ago but I

think that y'all were close enough that he told you something and you don't really want to tell him and now is the

time no matter how close you are to old no matter how scared you might be of them right now is the time to talk about

it why do you think that everybody would say if anybody knows what happened to

Vicky LeBron woulda told water boy all

right water boy is extremely ill hard to understand

nobody has long to live Tommy hitfilm better cry man his memory is clearly

affected by the stroke and the medical treatment he's undergoing right now or that Tommy I don't think he knows what

siren theaters I don't think so either see that bad off

I think whatever is locked and his mind is locked in through with water boy a complete dead end we need another way to

establish LeBron is the m*rder*r in this case one way to do that is to show that LeBron had an mo so violent and so

consistent that this could have led to m*rder

so we're hoping that his other exes are going to be willing to talk about that alleged abuse someone you may finally

you really got together yeah Mary nicole is actually the only ex of LeBron who

filed a police report against him back in 2007 after we got angry and exciting

he got real bad here sleeping with this person and smacking will not sent me hit

me upside my head driving off with my head pushed down in the seat he said if he lifts up I will cut you if you get

out this car I will k*ll you there's a certain process that they all go through they meet LeBron and he's very charming

once he gets them to fall in love with him LeBron shows his nasty side how long

were you with him probably around 2000 why did you guys stop it was very

jealous everybody's a little choice very

nice girl they all are they're sweet they're pretty they're smart so tell me

so much that you would do he told me he was talking acting hearing because I was

like almost you know I almost passed out now this is what we need these women

might have been abused by LeBron individually but when you put them all together they're forming a beautiful mo

of the way LeBron commits two sacks of v*olence okay so you guys are arguing in the car

were you trying to break it off with him and Sandra was dating a bronze seven

years before Vicky but she could have some powerful perspective on how far back in time he was violent he took me

to a brace and pull me in my face hang with me over saying uh do you want to be

a good girl do you want to come home or do you wanna but do you just want to die

chase and I said no I love you I was just joking please told me but I'm not

going nowhere then toss me back up easy you feel better now let you see this young man I

don't know where I'll stay with you he drove me up to middle go heal and he

says Billy good he'll that's how you knew yes yes it was a night because I never been in those woods like that oh

my god it's beautiful I didn't want to have nothing with him and then he was just smacking me around I was a rise out and I didn't care I

just wanted to survive and get the hell out of there do you know why he would choose billy goat Hill I think he likes

twice this way nobody see you or see him doing what he's doing to you sleep this

is strong proof that LeBron knew about billy goat Hill and now we can connect

him directly to that location and to the concealment of Vicky's body this will take care of any statute of limitations

issue and we now have the ability to indict him for second-degree m*rder addressing concealment or for first

degree [Music]

this case is not just about making it nice and pretty to present to a jury

this case is about saving a life because of LeBron Hollingsworth loses his temper one more time who knows what could

happen to the next girl what's up okay so we spoke with you last on Friday

right okay Nell Pinkston the executive assistant DA asked us to help her figure

out the four things that he wanted before presenting the case to a grand jury we knew that Vicki would go pick LeBron

up at 5 a.m. first we can now present a plausible timeline for how the m*rder happened we know that Vicki's car went in LeBrons

backyard and there were obvious tire tracks the tire tracks measured the same as the Mustang our theory is that they

argued he k*lled her he then went to

Billy Goat Hill to hide her body this is very secluded not a single cars past this time we've been here after dumping Vicki's body

LeBron would have parked her car at her parents house you got a tree stuck in the back bumper that came out of a bronze backyard and

potentially walked the three miles home can you really do all this in an hour I think you can next we established motive

for Vicky's m*rder every go he went he tell nobody fact of if I can't have you

no one will that's pretty important nothing then we talked to LeBrons ex-wives and girlfriends and that

revealed an abusive mo it could have led to m*rder if you get out this car I will k*ll you you choked me I almost passed out and

finally Sandra revealed that he had taken her to billy goat hill as well it

was a night because I've never been in those woods like that excellent uh but cement his familiarity with where

Vicki's found and that's it everything's done circumstantially I think we stand pretty

solid this is a really strong circumstantial case sadly what you have here is a woman who was trying to get

away but still too nice to completely get out of his life it's gonna be a first-degree m*rder and abuse of a

corpse correct right I'm there I don't have really any

question in my mind it's pretty overwhelming if you think is there any

way that we could draw up an indictment the first thing tomorrow afternoon Oh make sure I don't see what with it Neil

is a prosecutor after my own heart he will make a decision and he will take action if he gets this case indicted

this will be the quickest turnaround I have ever seen we're gonna be on a plane to Texas to arrest LeBron Hollingsworth

let it go guys in about a half a mile

you're making a left on 33 our strength we are so excited to learn that a

Tennessee grand jury has indicted LeBron for first-degree m*rder even more than we anticipated we have the arrest

warrant in hand but now we need to find LeBron to actuate the arrest oh there it

is that white truck see into it here

then walk and go into the back do this yeah I'm going to

that's it it feels so good to be

involved in seeing LeBron Hollingsworth arrested for what he's done and know that he's gonna spend hopefully

the rest of his life in prison

[Music]

all right LeBron how are you all right you were not just being arrested that

you were indicted by a grand jury for first-degree m*rder first-degree m*rder and it is in reference to Vicki Wow

unreal oh well here we go

LeBron is just as cold and unfeeling about this indictment as he was about the time Vicki went missing but now that

LeBron is in custody none of that matters

you're like a high five or this is a good one I know it's time to tell

Vicki's family the news they have been waiting for for 16 years well we are relieved and excited to tell y'all that

yesterday a grand jury and d*ed in LeBron Hollingsworth for the m*rder of Vicky good and he has been arrested

that's the best news I've heard in years

so yeah I don't even have to think anymore Quinn where how're they gonna get this man I thank you Chattanooga

Police Department for all you've done and right now even there I see your smile they've been waiting a while huh a

long time and it's the best news for her birthday what you think in Wesley I'll

know how to respond is relief everybody that we talked to was excited to hear

that the case was being worked on and they all said wonderful things about your mom that makes my heart smile

knowing that people are still concerning you no did not forgive I think she's

smiling right now that she's smiling I think the Lord has made it possible for

something to happen questioning your dog will come to light and we want to thank you for it you're

very welcome it was wonderful meeting all of y'all I don't think there's a more satisfying feeling as a prosecutor to be able to tell a family that you

have been able to accomplish an arrest like this not only has it been 16 years

with Vicki's family waiting for the answers but it's been 16 years of him walking the earth diffusing even more

women and it's a wonderful feeling to know that now it's all come to an end all right you guys you take care all

right thank you oh yeah you don't have to work in one day anymore can't sleep at night now

yeah I can be relieved right that's what we've been waiting for

you [Music]