02x15 - Sunspot Highway

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Cold Justice". Aired: September 3, 2013 – present.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

Investigative true crime series follows former Harris County, Texas prosecutor Kelly Siegler and a team of investigators as they reopen unsolved m*rder cases with the consent and assistance of local law enforcement.

02x15 - Sunspot Highway

Post by bunniefuu »

Intro

[Music]

so once again we have a case that a body wasn't discovered for many many years she went missing on November 20th 1987

she was independent she was in the m*llitary and she had a very responsible job Margie pointer was 27 years old when she

went missing she was last seen eating breakfast with an unidentified man at the local Holiday Inn she paid her bill

walk out the door and was never seen again at that time she was married and had a small son who was only five years

old and then her remains were found in 2004

17 years later yeah when Margie pointer walked out the door of that Holiday Inn

she left us with no DNA evidence and no cause of death the statute of limitations for second-degree m*rder has

run out so our job this week is to see if the evidence warns a first-degree m*rder

element of deliberate and find the person who k*lled Margie 27 years after

her death it has been 16 years and still no consider her k*lling a cold ears later

Cold Justice

the case is still unsolved there are so many cold cases out there

just waiting to be solved the crime scene ultimately tells the story of the

m*rder we want to bring justice to these victims

[Music] hello lieutenant Schoolcraft I'm Kelly

Lieutenant Schoolcraft

nice to meet you Yolanda nice to meet you too so we understand you got promoted today was my first day of my

promotion you've been in law enforcement how long 24 years how'd you end up at this case the case always kind of

haunted me in 1991 I went through all the case files so that's kind of right put eyes on it and then I went off about my

duties because I was a patrolman started out at the bottom here and then in 2010

they try to bring some life back into it started going through all the original Case Files talking to the detectives I

worked it back then basically started building the case from that point nice during the process and work in these

cases we're talking to family and friends associates and the more you dig into the case the more vested you become

in it basically a fire that burns inside all of us that work these cases hard to put that fire out and he sounds like

he's kind of a nerd - a little bit yes do you have a place for us to set up and work in look me John Johnny Vong yeah

I'm reading this case then she was just a beautiful young woman and had a young son and two living sisters that deserve

to know what happened to her if we can solve a case that's what it's all about yeah I want to start with putting Margie

up on the board oh that's a nice picture where'd you get that air force picture Margie was formerly in the air force and

The Case

that's where she met her husband at the time of her disappearance he was still enlisted and stationed in Japan why

don't you start around the day of the m*rder what was going on in Margie pointers life there was no verum of the

20th of 1987 her normal habits of the day were to drop her son he was 5 years old at the time and a babysitter she

dropped him off around 6 o'clock in the morning at that point she went to a local place where she's known to carpool

from which is the Holiday Inn she was seen having coffee that weren't with a male subject who was described as being

approximately 10 to 15 years older her he was wearing a cowboy hat cowboy boots then they got up and left sometime

around 7 o'clock in the morning this last time she was ever accounted for Margie called in sick to her job at rats

cat which is a m*llitary radar in testing area where she worked as a purchasing agent but when she didn't pick up her

son from the babysitter that day her husband was notified the case was originally taken as a missing person

case the search began at that point to try to find out where she had gone to 17

years later in 2004 a horse named grew up on sunspot Highway came across the

partial skeletal remains of what they suspected to be a human which were later found to be hers the next thing the

police did was look into how involved her husband could be but he was investigated and cleared so next in

Margie's inner circle was a man named Phillip Crawford who unbeknownst to her husband was actually living with Margie

at the time the reasons we are suspicious of him are live in w*r 3 Margie said numerous times that she was

going to get a divorce and wanted to marry him Margie had openly been having an affair with Phillip Crawford for several months

now Phillip knew that Margie was married but Margie's husband knew nothing about Phillip only reason I could see that he

would have a motive would be jealousy if Phillip was in love with Margie and Margie had either refused to leave her

husband or taken up with someone else wouldn't be the first time that that would be our motivation for a m*rder all right what about unusual way he left

town sold his bike for basically half of the money for a ticket to skip that quick she's going three days later he

leaves the country philip was visiting from england what he met and fell in love with margie he moved in with her

even talked about marriage but the minute she disappeared he was on a plane back to england that doesn't look very

good for him where is he living now so that's the location we had was Liverpool England I have sent a fax request to

Interpol to see if they can relocate him okay in addition to Philip our other suspect is Pete Mullins Margie and Pete

they were coworkers they were friends but when Pete was first ever interviewed he acted like he didn't even know Margie

[Music] there were family friends I mean the

wives and husbands knew each other was he important to her at work there was a supervisor okay so the morning of they

both miss work one difficulty at putting Pete and Margie together that day is that they both had different plans

Margie planned on going to work that day but he had said he planned on going hunting that day in fact Pete did show

up at a co-workers hunting cabin that evening the problem is that cabin turned out to be less than four miles from

where Margie's body was found 17 years later Pete was close to Margie and there

were some strange coincidences surrounding her death but right now any motive he might have had is unclear and

in a case where you have to prove first-degree m*rder motive is always gonna be a very important factor so in

this pool of really good potential witnesses how many of them are still around and still alive all over the rest

of nice that's why we're here that's why we're a first-degree m*rder in New Mexico has to be committed in a

willful and deliberate way since we don't have a crime scene or any DNA we're gonna need to find witnesses who

can show that it was committed in a willful or deliberate way that's the only way we're gonna ever be able to get

justice for Margie pointer and her family [Music]

Margies Sister

today we're gonna meet Margie's sister Jeannie I'm Kelly Kelly I'm Jeannie nice to meet you even though Jeannie

didn't live in Alamogordo back then she and Margie were very close we just wanted to meet you and answer some of

your questions and tell you not to worry not to be nervous okay having many of the family so I'm just thinking that her

face you know see the similarities

there'd work on the case a long time so long many year journey for me so and

I've seen the face you know part of the family up that's good to see you it's good to finally meet you and I'm so

appreciative that you folks have stepped in to help us get this resolved hopefully why don't you tell us a little

bit about Margie the thing about my sister Margie she had the best sense of humor I could always talk to her and she

would make me laugh or ease my worries or whatever it was that I was going

through how about her relationship with her son oh gosh I I would call her nowadays one

of the overprotective mothers so did y'all ever feel like Margie would have just up and left her son personally when

her remains were found everybody kept saying well now you've got closure or not you know that she's in she's at

peace she's in heaven no we don't have culture that's a psychological [ __ ] word but maybe you can get justice and

that's what we're gonna try and do I wish my father were here to see everyone so hard at work on this brain you get to

work I am ready let's go work good morning

Roger thanks for taking my call we wanted to ask you a few more questions if we could another key family member in this case

is Margie's husband I think it was June of 87 he got sent to Japan for two years is that correct it was two years right

now I gotta ask you some hard questions I know this is hard for you the day she

disappeared you call her from Japan and this guy Phillip Crawford answer the phone do you remember that phone call I was shocked

when he answered the phone and he said she's not there I don't know like what

the hell are you talking about he said she never came home from work and that's when I really freaked out

that's a lot of who you are or why you're in my house need to get the hell out of coming up to find out what's

going on when you got back did you talk to your son about what was going off we did he was only five years old

it's obvious it's right on the surface for him bringing up some base like scratch in an old wound did he tell you

anything that we need to know he told me there was a hole in the wall how big was that hope it was the size of a softball

he told me it was his mother fighting vasila

Alamogordo

[Music] we're in Alamogordo New Mexico our victim is Margie pointer she was 27

years old we don't know exactly how she was m*rder*d so we need to focus on what happened that morning back when Margie

disappeared this is a Margie ploy and

her husband family's house fire right right for they purchased the houses we needed up getting his orders man

you can't ever put your roots down anywhere you know I know that I was a m*llitary brat moved a lot because the

victim disappeared in 1987 and they didn't find her bones for 17 years we

really don't have a crime scene so we want to retrace her steps from that morning so she leaves here between 5:45

and 6 drops off her son from there goes to the Holiday Inn where she would always leave her car at a car pool it's

colder and I'll show you her car was found marty was last seen at 9:00 a.m.

at the local Holiday Inn just a few miles from her house she was seen there with an unknown older man dressed in

cowboy attire this is a description of Pete Mullins miss Skaggs played-out was

set up back then the tan colored car that was brought where her vehicle was parked a lot of people come here early

jump into one vehicle and head out to the bigs it wasn't anything unusual where vehicle was parked if you look right back up

here just on just north of the Denny's restaurant is where phelp Crawford worked out there the fact that Phillip

Crawford worked at a car dealership less than three blocks from where Margie went missing also puts him in the middle of

our world that particular day that was a little car dealership he was replacement right mattress place now yeah 27 years

ago around 7:00 a.m. mark you stepped out of this Holiday Inn and she disappeared we're pretty sure that one of two people can tell us what

happened either beep Mullins who she might have been with or Phillip Crawford who was her boyfriend at the time

we want to talk to all of Margie's friends to see if any of them can tell us which one of those it might have been

Friends

have a seat right there if you would Kathy yeah did she ever confide in you

about her personal life about her feelings a better marriage I remember Margie being discouraged that

they had just got the house and now he had to take off Margie developed a relationship with

someone that we had met with announced that would be silly he was afraid to be alone Barnes who just wanted somebody

out there so she wouldn't be alone because her husband was in Japan trying to hold of June Hatcher Christian

do you remember Margie pointer when he worked out at rest yet well what did you know about her no he was pretty social

anybody particularly you remember there was one guy he was a younger guy what

was his name I do not remember that I do know he was English from England Oh English guy

right okay did you know Pete Mullins also I do what do you know about Pete Mullins I know they used to ride to work

together since 11:00 but I hadn't heard that there was more to it than joy one

of the co-workers assumed that there was some kind of an affair going on between Pete no one's in marquise you know the

old man's got a young girl they have nothing that could be a possible motive there was rumors did you ever confront

her of that no these rumors of an affair have always been around we're gonna really have to prove it if we want to

show that's the motive we need to expand our questioning to find co-workers of

Margie and Pete to see if they have any information as to whether or not this affair was ever more than just a lot of

rumors there's a lot of talk back then about Margie and Pete what was going on

they were always together you saw that oh yeah

how many times would you see Margie in his office I was there three times out of the week oh that's good that's that's

good did you ever see Marty p*rn in his office yes how many times every day at

lunch for how long did that go on oh gosh months did you ever hear any laughs discussions or arguments in that office

yes I did was it a one-sided argument very yelling at him yelled at her pretty good I don't

have no idea what they were I can't remember the other we have an argument between them at work to the degree that

it's so loud Poindexter heard about it that's huge I just wish that he also heard the words

spoken in the argument because then it would establish that it was a lover's quarrel which would go a long way in

establishing motive I call if one

Interpol

message let's call these bottom two I already left a message on that top several weeks ago lieutenant Schoolcraft

had that called Interpol and asked them to try to locate Phil Crawford in English we've been here a couple of days

and they haven't replied I thought we better start trying to find him some other way yes ma'am my name is Johnny bonds I'm a retired homicide detective

we've been tracking down some leads in Florida yes sir trying to locate other family members

and it's frustrating yes ma'am do you

know Phillip Crawford I think his dad was in uh-huh no we didn't know he's

brother left here what's his brother's name we tracked down Philips brother and he eventually leads us to a number for

Phillip over in England no one had talked to him about this case since 1990

if he's our k*ller everything's writing on his phone call goes mr. Crawford this

is detective lieutenant Schoolcraft from the Alamogordo New Mexico Police Department [Music]

after making calls all over the world we tracked down our suspect Phil Crawford in England his reaction does change the

entire it's Crawford this is a detective lieutenant Schoolcraft from Alamogordo

New Mexico Police Department I wanted to talk to you about when you first met Margie leading up to when you finally

ended up leaving back to England Phil agrees to speak with us so we and it's been about an hour on the phone with him

trying to find out if he had anything to do with this m*rder you remember there's a hole in the wall in the bedroom y'all

had a fight there was a hole in the wall he admits he was in a relationship with Margie pointer that they met it on the

local night club in 1987 soon afterwards she moved in with her immediately after this happened right boys all yeah that

gives me when she ran off with him or he did something to her I said he took off you go and you sell everything and you

try and raise money and you buy a ticket you go back then and that makes you look like the suspect if we ask you to take a polygraph test now would you and I asked

him I said did you ever take a polygraph test on this and he said no when I said would you take one now and he said yeah if you want me to all right good found

him yes oh my god where does he live how the hell'd you find him a lot of phone calls he left because he was afraid of

the husband okay so look up on the board on Phillip Crawford y'all are clear on what their relationship was entirely how

much did Phillip pick up on the relationship between Margene Pete think absolutely none you think we got a

jealousy motive going on no no what about temporal he put the hole in the wall but he didn't even remember what

he's about unusual way to lady country I understand why you left he didn't want to be here when husband got back country

he was upset she was gone gone didn't know what the thing was losing his place to live in one day his whole world is

turned upside AM okay guys what do you think about whether he still needs to be on our suspect or you don't need to be on the

board anymore Johnny he's not a suspect yo cross mom

all right let's mark him off knock off the home suspect hey every impression I

got he's not a k*ller and I've talked to K*llers and he doesn't strike me as being a car he was

in love with her there's no doubt he was he was very very emotionally toast how was he responsible young man she was

just a sweetheart and he didn't have anything to k*ll him Marty so that leaves us with one suspect Peter Mullan

Carrie Jarrett

they wanted retired you take to carry Jarrett this k*ller Sigler detective Carrie Jarrett was a police officer in

the area where Marty's remains were found so we want his insight on the location of her body to see whether or

not that can connect to Pete her remains were found here which is exactly three point seven miles to the cabin Margie's

body was found just off of a stretch of road known as Sun SPOT Highway the thing about Pete's alibi is that he says he

was never on Sun SPOT Highway in the statement no four to law enforcement he had traveled from Alamogordo and he had

taken this route all the way back through the mountains on his hunting trip that day he claims that on that day

he took his RV and went hunting in the mountains but in a different area known as Sacramento Lake but we also know that

he showed up that evening around 5:30 p.m. at his friend's hunting cabin if

you take the Sun SPOT highway from Sacramento Lake it's only about 24 miles to the hunting cabin and you would pass

the location where Margie's remains were found but Pete says he never took the Sun SPOT highway instead he claims that

he drove over 65 miles on a gravel road in an RV in order to get to the cabin

that's a lot of mileage right there through very windy roads where the speed limit is 15 20 miles it would be

difficult to do that especially with an RV especially with an RV so we're on our way right now to the

site where Margie's skeletal remains were found 17 years after she disappeared we need to examine the

connection between the hunting cabin and where her remains were found because the only reason we see for pete's alleged

route is to keep his name away from the sunspot highway her body was found in a turnout at the bottom of a ravine this

is a beautiful spot this is a great spot it was and still is an area used by

hunters to dump animal carcasses so how far from right here to where the actual skull was found the body about 50 feet

I suspect lady Aziz just dumped her body right here that's an elk carcass okay yeah you'll find them quite a bit of

your part of the hips my god look at the fall yeah yeah you see a little clearing

pass seems to first trees yeah he probably dumped her body off right here

the first thing that I noticed was wow I thought our k*ller took some effort in

hiding her out in some wooded secluded area it's an obvious pull-up spot for

any car to pull over do you think he just threw her he didn't walk down there in place or no no he threw her he didn't

have to carry her very far he didn't have to put her anywhere he didn't have to cover her didn't have to dig a hole he'd have to do anything but just take

her lifeless body off over to the side of a cliff when below it is nothing but rocks and darkness and wild animals and

let her go of the few bones that were recovered

after 17 years in the elements none of them could tell us how Margie was k*lled so we need to find another way for this

crime scene to connect us to our suspect Roger point to where the cabin is from

here cabins right there just through the wood area right over there let's go look Abby right I'm gonna time it too just so

that we have a general time I think once he dumped her body he'd get the hell out

of there he's not gonna sit around it more nor think about it or anything else he's gonna be moving along okay somebody else

pulls up he's probably driving around at that time trying to figure out what he's gonna do next after what just happened that's kind of what I'm thinking too you

guys were only talking like eight minutes this house right here okay the obviously you know bird's-eye

view of his RV I think he's just making an appearance I think so too so could this mean that

he was just trying to alibi him saying exactly right I was out hunting all day I even joined up with the boys all those

boys are still alive we have living witnesses who were at the hunting cabin

that night and they need to be questioned what they saw or heard from Pete might be the key to solving a

m*rder that's been called for 27 years

Pete Mullen

[Music]

when he was interviewed by law enforcement Pete Mullen said that on the day of Margie's disappearance he went on

a hunting trip that had been planned we want to find out if this hunting trip was really something Pete had planned in

advance or if he just coincidentally went on this hunting trip the very same day Margie disappeared

Margie disappeared on hunting season it

was not okay beautiful out of the mouths of Pete I'm not going on and how come all of a sudden he's popping up hunting

the same day Margie disappeared life doesn't Pete I said are you playing hunt

this year again he said well you know I don't think I'm going and he kind of disappointed me because he was my

immediate halon's he'd worked for you know he was awful demanding you know you

know exactly that kind of loss everybody's all disappointed is he leaving at least three times it he

specifically asked lemon and every time he said no I'm not going okay nice this

is beautiful because that's Pete's alibi but that's not true and Pete is making

up the story why is he lying mr. bellos the most important witnesses in this

case could be the men that were at the hunting cabin rocks because they would have seen Pete and talked to him that

night when he showed up do you remember who went up there we later Pete shows up

were you surprised did you have any idea he was gonna show up we all surprised to seen them before but come on bar we're

gonna play poker I don't believe I asked okay was there anything unusual about it

yeah I know you scratched up faces got that he had something wrong he slipped on the eyes he said fell down into some

bushes Stumpy's it and got from scratch on it there's long stretches them then the

sideways pay yeah how many scratches you see do you remember somebody taking his picture I

did you took the picture yeah what happened when he took it it didn't get up there what'd he say what are you

doing that or something like that did you think it was kind of strange yeah the one picture that Jim Heller was able

to take is one a Pete sitting there with his baseball cap on and with his face turned to the side unfortunately is

turned to the wrong dang side if it would have just been turned this way we could have evidence in a picture of the

scratches after that one time he showed up Gavin over the years it came by and passed did he ever know if your cabin

again ok you got to think about the

coincidence it's because coincidences are circumstantial evidence if that was Pete at the Holiday Inn

maybe he convinced Margie to call in sick maybe they go off in his RV and pull around in that afternoon something

went wrong so we have to see whether or not all of that might have gone down the way that will justify a first-degree

m*rder charge including deliberate [Music]

what we had to try and focus on those things that go to show he was intent and

deliberate and wanted to make sure she was dead deliberate means showing the suspect

thought about and considered for and against the actions that caused her

death even if that decision was made in a short period of time we got a jam thumb we got scratches on the face if he

goes to strangle her in his RV he's not doing it for anything but one reason yes

I got some more showy

okay just from his injuries this is consistent with a frontal manual strangulation they're fighting the first

thing she did she's trying to make up my g*n you can hurt somebody like this evil

woman can hurt man and then try to scratch it did take 15 seconds the 20

seconds for her to black out it's gonna take another minute at least the k*ller so a minute and a half of consistent

pressure never let go never change in your mind never taking it back how is that not deliberate all right sounds

good we feel that we have now established the deliberate element of

this crime with witnesses to back it up but the word about this investigation is spreading fast through this town looks

like they're home we're gonna go to peach right now because we need to hear his version of how it all went down how are you are you

miss Morland yes cool crap from the PD and this is Johnny Barnes

we're at the home of our suspect Pete Mullins hoping to talk to him but right now his wife is standing in the way all

I'm trying to do is figure out what happened you don't care I do care I want

you to find out truth but you're not you're not a witch I'm with if we talk

with this we're not gonna be talking to

Pete anytime soon so that means we're gonna have to finish our case with the few witnesses that we have left we're so close but it would be great to

strengthen our motive and to put peep at the scene mr. bass particularly change

Schoolcraft down now i'ma Gordo how are you Donny Bates is relative of Margie's husband right when

Marjorie's husband realized that she was missing yes Donny to take care of their son before he could get home in all these

years no one thought to talk to him and Roger had the great idea to call Donny

just in case he might know something about what happened that very first night let's go back to November around

November the 20th 1980 so I guess you you arrived in town soon after that day correct yes but there were several

people there when we arrived and I believe it was b*ating his wife I'm pretty sure I was down there and I was

looking at these eyes probably about five feet Brahman he had a what appeared to me to be 12 marks on his teeth and he

goes oh wow the feel of the day when I was hunting I was off Thursday night hunting that sort of spot let's go back

just for a second where you say he was on that replace it avoiding and all the

interviews have been done he moans never put himself on that sunspot Highway that's what Marty corners and remains

were found he told Dottie Bates that he was hunting a sense I'm waiting out there he's

beyond the sunspot Highway it's like you gotta be kidding me are you familiar with the area okay

that's good information right there Pete made up that crazy route he did all that he could to put himself as far away from

his own spot as he could and he slipped up 27 years ago one of the first people that showed up to take care of the

little boy

Bradley Krell

mr. Bradley after we interviewed Robert Poindexter I

don't have no idea what they were he helped us identify another witness named Krell Bradley Krell also worked at the

office but he's been out of the country since before 2000 so he's never been interviewed do you remember a guy by the

name of Robert Poindexter you and him were together when y'all heard a very

loud heated argument between our victim and our suspect do you remember anything about that having affair he was really

upset that he was ending their relationship he put the [ __ ] ham right there at work

okay krill is there any way you could come down to the police department so I can get this on tape 9:30 thank you sir

there's your motive right there let me ask you this where exactly were

you in the building when y'all heard this argument I was actually going into his office and I you know knock knock

well soon as I opened the door I could hear this argument and I started to back out she doesn't even wait for me to get

out of the room I don't know you through something but it sounded almost like you through something and then I heard him

say I have to do this I'm married you heard those words I did hear him say I'm

married and I can't continue doing what we're doing okay and she was saying how

can you do this your impression was he was breaking off a romantic relationship that was my impression she cried we

don't just have insinuations we have a witness who heard him say he was ending it Margie was mad and it was a month or

two before she goes missing yeah [Applause]

Lt Schoolcraft

lieutenant Schoolcraft looking at that board what are your thoughts on whether or not we have enough evidence wise for

you to learn to present your case to your district attorney let it out for me it's he's only gotten better our

board looks fantastic with all of the little factors listed out that incriminate Pete well we've been able to

find this week our witnesses with specific examples of the closed-door meeting did you ever see Marty point in

his office yes how many times every day what's the argument and then I heard him

say I have to do this I'm married we've

been able to find all those things this week that conclusively established Margie and Pete were having an affair

and then there's dining buddies that specific night he showed up unexpectedly

at the cabin did you have any idea he was going to show up we all surprised to

see he was upset that they were taking pictures of it and Pete even common and

why are you doing that they also noticed that Pete has subscribers on his face and he'd had a very sore thumb his thumb

was all messed up the evidence shows that Pete's injuries could be defensive

wounds described described consistent with a scenario in which keep strangled Margie for several minutes which would

prove a deliberate intent to k*ll justifying a first-degree m*rder charge I don't know how you could have this

many points against one person and not feel strongly about it I mean come on

this is a good case it's the kind of case that we are excited to talk to a DA

about are you ready now to go take it to your day absolutely

Roger is excited to present it to the DA and she can't come talk to us or we're

gonna drive our board straight into her office let Roger stand up there and go over every single circumstance and

coincidence and fact and piece of evidence and see what she has to say about the case

[Music]

DA Decision

our case against Pete Mullins for the m*rder of Margie pointer has been presented to the DA and Roger and I have

just heard back from the DA with her decision now it's time to tell the team

she called and it don't look good here's the good news your case is strong

your case is great it might be circumstantial there's nothing wrong with it it's ready to go right now

but she doesn't want to do it yet oh man the DA has decided not to try and indict

Pete for this charge at this time she doesn't feel that there's enough evidence yet to support a first-degree

m*rder charge but she's not saying you're not ever gonna get there she's just saying let's keep working

I feel frustration because if you're a

cop who believes in a case to the degree that Roger believes in this case and you

know in your heart that you think it's good enough it's pretty frustrating it's pretty disappointing it's pretty

depressing it hurts my heart are these cases you know if they were space really everybody would work we're almost at the

finish line we're right there just like come they coming out and stopping you saying you can't go any further this is

where it stops well it doesn't stop here I'm not done any cold-case investigator

out in this country you're gonna turn every rock over until you find the right person to help make this case solid and

strong hi could I speak to Nancy Grace

as our show is gained in popularity we've gotten a lot of fans and Nancy

Grace is one of them hi is this Nancy yeah we need your help girl she's a

fellow former prosecutor and getting all this on her show might result in some witness coming forward with that little

bit of information that will motivate the DA to move forward the hope is that

there might be another witness out there that knows about the relationship between Pete Margie who knows what it

might be but we just want you to try and get the word out because you know how those prosecutors are they always learn

a little bit more evidence right you remember those days thanks so much Nancy thank you so much

thank you so let's go tell Jeannie I

Conclusion

wanted to bring a little bit of her joy back I want to be the guy calling this is all this time was worthwhile and

right now I can't tell him that what

we're doing a lot of work okay basically was not quite there yet

we found new witnesses we found new information it is all of our opinion

that the case is strong Roger presented the case to the DA who has the ultimate

decision she still wants to work with Roger a little bit more she's hoping to

find a little bit more evidence you have to try to find some more stones out

there that haven't turned over yet I'm gonna find little stones and I'm the it's gonna be okay okay and he is never

gonna give up we all that led to your sister of the family [ __ ] I trust okay

just just be patient a little bit longer okay are those common what we think is

that when this culmination of the evidence of the witnesses of all of it is played out in a story for the whole

country to see what don't have you take

thank you you're gonna fact the day he's gonna have his day are you okay so you'd

be strong just a little bit longer okay okay it's his result your son deserves

this your husband deserves this we're gonna get this result that's all I want

to say to you we're not gonna give up is it gonna discourage me may discourage

me today that will happen that would be a good day for them they'll be a good day for law enforcement they'll be good

day for everybody you