01x07 - Thanksgiving

Episode transcripts for the TV show "High School Musical: The Musical: The Series". Aired: November 2019 to present.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A group of students at East High stages a performance of "High School Musical.

01x07 - Thanksgiving

Post by bunniefuu »

"Previously on High School Musical The Musical: The Series"

Miss Jenn was in hot water Thank you Carlos was a hot mess I'm late And I missed a memorable photo sh**t So we wrote a song and saved our theater teacher which is something that happens in real-life drama departments basically, all the time

"I know"

"That something has changed"

"Never felt this way"

"But right here tonight"

"This could be the start of something new"

"It feels so right to be here with you"

"And now, looking in your eyes I feel in my heart"

"Feel in my heart"

"Start of Something new"

"Oh, yes"

"Now, who would've ever thought that"

"We would both be here tonight"

"Yes, and the world looks so much brighter"

"Brighter, brighter"

"With you by my side"

"By my side"

Yes! Yes!

Sorry. I really love Thanksgiving Okay, hold on I know everyone is excited for the holiday break But I'm me, and I have notes Ricky and Nini, that was good But it could be better She said in the spirit of holiday cheer Good save I thought we sounded okay Heck yes we're kind of k*lling it Did you mean both of us? Yes Okay I mean, I have to hand it to him He worked hard and he looks really good now In the show. He-He looks really good in the show Your homework over this break all of you, is to please go on vocal rest And go over your lines, too which is hard to do on vocal rest But make it work And remember may nothing ever block your doorway to happiness Excuse me! Okay, starting now Don't mind me. I just came to return a missing item Ashlyn Cannot have our robotics team co-captain going home without her binder over break

There's a lot people don't know about me I'm on the debate team I'm in the baking club I'm High Priestess of the Salt Lake Renaissance Fair So meek. So mild Sword

It's whatever Thank you, Benjamin, and I hope you have a lovely holiday with whoever could possible love you In fact, I will be enjoying three varieties of peach cobbler with a loving family so large we're renting out the Rotary Club Well, I'm sure it can't compare to the candied yam bake-off that we throw every year in my home but I wish you joy nonetheless And I wish you had some joy, too

Cobbler sounds so nice My family usually has three protein courses and then everybody's asleep by six My folks start eating at dawn and then they barely make it past the Macy's Parade Well, at least your folks are sticking around EJ's parents are treating my parents to a spa in Park City after dinner tomorrow They told us to try and have a meaningful night at the movies

Wait... I was going to say...

Do you guys want to come over after dinner tomorrow?

Like late night party? I never don't want that Should we keep it to a small group or...

Party at Ashlyn's after Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Everyone's invited!

Is this one you? That one's me So cute. How old were you when you came here, Lola?

You've heard this story so many times, sweetie Well, I like the way you tell it I was sixteen Same as you The soldiers had run through our province but America was paved with gold That's what we all believed And we got here...

And the gold was gone But it was a place to start over You better I... Yes I should probably go set the table before my moms tell me to Get some brownie points

Honey, Happy Thanksgiving Here's to always seeking new shores

This is nice, Dad Yes, you don't see a lot of hot wings and instant mashed potatoes in the history books We should bring leftovers to Aunt Judy's later Hey-hey, about that, some of my friends are getting together for a sort of late-night after-party thing...

And when you say "late night," you mean...

Eight o'clock. We roll hard Is this the theater g*ng?

Yes It's no problem You just stay back when I head to my sister's Thanks. I know I was kind of your date for that one It's all good I suppose, if you're lonely you could just randomly text my drama teacher Too soon, Rick Yes, okay

So have you called your mom yet?

Working up to it I know it's tough to be doing the holidays without her but she really misses you, Ricky and she's all alone in Chicago She's waiting for you to call

Happy Turkey Day, you all Coming at you with another Instagram hashtag confessional Thanks so much for all your questions last time Today, we're going to be talking about all the times I've cheated at water polo in my life I learned a little something when I came clean to Nini during all that Miss Jenn drama I felt free And I want to keep feeling that feeling So, I've been admitting everything I've done wrong in my life and it just... It feels right

Thanks again for helping set this all up Last time I threw a party this big half my guests were stuffed animals No worries. My parents are already taking a nap and after that, they usually take a nap Plus, I figured you're a crew guy so you're good at carrying heavy stuff Yes. I kind of just fell into the whole crew thing. Not much of a carrier Yes, how did that happen anyway?

You don't exactly strike me as theater dork I kind of got sucked into it by Ricky I think he just wanted some moral support because Nini was dating...

EJ Yes Sorry Forgot you guys are related Well, hey, I promise not to steal your phone if you promise not to throw basketball at my face No. The only thing I would every throw at your face is a brighter spotlight because I like the way you sing

Hello?

I'm, I'm s-sorry I was trying to reach Lynne I think I have the wrong number No. You got it right Ricky, this is Todd I've heard so much about you

Wait. What?

Lynne's in the shower Can I take a message?

Gina. Hey Hey Come in. Come in Thanks Yes

Thought I could walk you to Ashlyn's But it's kind of freezing out, so I made you this hat You... You made this?

I mean, you spend enough time alone in the house and you pick up all sorts of crafts on YouTube Yes. Sorry C-Can I meet you there?

Is everything okay? Yes. Yes

Okay. No I guess my mom has a new boyfriend and it's just a lot Sorry. I hate to be a downer Look, I-I get it No offense but I'm not sure you do Let me guess You're mad at everyone and everything because just when you're getting used to things changing they change again Am I close? Little bit Not just a hat-rack, my friend Who told you about... Ricky, I'm not sure you notice but, my family's just me and my mom She works at FEMA so we basically move whenever disaster strikes I've had a few feelings in my life Yes, no. Of course I-I'm sorry Don't be I'm just saying you just got to ignore it and push through

Think I should, like, text her Happy Thanksgiving, or something No What I think we should do is go to the party and spend a few hours being drama dorks as the good Lord intended Do what makes you happy

Give me that hat

That's too big I'll grow into it Okay. I mean, it kind of works

What's happening? Good question I just came to get some last-minute sweeteners for the yam bake Excellent And the Mazzaras were a little low on spoons for the cobbler But these are spoons So, I'll be on my way As will I. Happy Thanksgiving Good day, sir Good day, Miss Jenn

Just get in here Okie dokie I'm actually working on a school thing Yes. Same here I guess the cobblers were a bust?

There was some griping for an hour so I thought I would get some work done The candied yams were...

Actually, just one yam followed by some candy We were done in about ten minutes And I couldn't stop thinking about the show, so...

Good luck with your robots Have fun. Don't burn down my shop!

That's just how it works

We're going old school Make some memories, people I got it Thank you Your house has the best energy. I love it Thank you And thank you for coming You know, I know things got a little dicey with everyone after the "forest of boys" incident and you've been kind of a beacon Are you kidding?

You were the first person who had my back that day And I've totally moved on Someday you've got to teach me how you do that You know, I'm not so good at forgiving and forgetting Well, you get an amazing song out of it, so Come on!

"Wondering" is literally the best ballad in the show and I'm low-key jealous Gabriella doesn't get to sing it Stop I wish that I could write like that Okay, did you not write that completely adorkable song about how you don't not love someone Yes, that was a one-time thing and it totally backfired I highly recommend not telling someone you love them for the first time on Instagram Well, maybe you should write something for yourself then I'm serious Nothing about boys The party may begin Carlos!

Let me get this in here Who...

Okay, you know, it's a pot luck and not like, catering, right?

This is not food Good. I thought it was pizza. Too much lactose

What? What is that?

This is something I've been waiting many long years to share with the world You guys, this is High School Musical, the Choosical!

The what, now?

Okay, so when I was a child I wanted to go into the movie But, the movie was on a screen He's not wrong So I decided to create the next best thing An interactive, hyperactive HSM experience that can be played by children and adults, everywhere in the world As long as they lived in my bedroom Wait, wait, so you've had this for ten years?

And I've never actually played it Okay, we'll totally play it I'm going to cry!

Okay, so there are two teams The East High Wildcats and the West High Knights So, sort yourselves Okay. We'll be on the same team Yes. They're all Wildcats Can we be Wildcats? Yes Is this it? Yes. Thank you Hi Okay. Got it?

Wait, Carlos, are you on my team or are you...

Look, I'm not following Big Red just because he paid me a compliment I get a lot of compliments, okay?

I just happen to be a long-time fan of the South Side Knights It's the West High Knights The West High Knights

Hello, hello Hey Hey. I brought some lobster dip and a bottle of forty-year Balsamic I double-dipped in there a couple times in the drive over and I feel bad about that but I feel great about telling you Cool. I'm Ashlyn and you are... On a mission, Ash

Hey, Emily, you still there?

EJ, I promised my Grandma I would sing for everyone after dinner so I have to go Yes, hang, hang on just one second I just got to find Nini I... Hey Hey Oh, my gosh. Emily No, it's okay She knows about the deviled egg I'm trying to make amends these days, Nini A-And she was fine with everything She laughed This is a lot at once Hey, I got to go join the party and admit some terrible things You ladies catch up

Emily, I am so sorry about what happened this summer That is so far in the rear view, I can't even tell you Plus, I heard you were amazing as Marian the Librarian Thanks I literally learnt the part by watching you but I-I still feel so guilty about what happened and I...

Water under the bridge Honest I started at this new boarding school for the arts and it's everything Seriously It makes all that stuff last summer feel like kindergarten Oh, wow There's nothing like a fresh start to completely strut your talent I can already do a Cockney accent!

Right I'm coming, Grandma. Chill!

Anyways, it's all good And I'm just happy you're happy

Hey, look who's here Nice hat Thanks. It was a gift I-I didn't know if you would make it Oh, yes, my moms are watching the dog competition and, Kourtney's out of town at her Grandma's so I figured I would come and check in all my, buddies Nice. We, heard a rumor that Carlos went off the deep end and we did not want to miss it W... We?

Hi, Nini Happy Thanksgiving Hey Turkey cupcakes Gobble gobble It's a gluten-free cupcake recipe I made from scratch From YouTube Again? With you and YouTube

Yes, no, it's good They have inside jokes It's cute They're, "we" now One, two, three Okay, come on, work with me here, Fake Troy Sorry Was that out loud?

I know I'm going to regret asking this...

I'm trying to figure out how to levitate Troy with a basketball Maybe if I got a bigger ruler...

That should do it

And what are you working on?

You would not understand this Try me It's a one-fifth scale mock-up of our entry into Robotocon USA next week He won't not... fall You want some help? No You sure?

I'm an engineer by trade Miss Jenn. Think I got this Okay. But the center of gravity is off and if that were a dancer she would be in traction Last thing I'll say

How would you fix it?

Back up, I don't want you to get elbowed

Honey, it's called a plié Okay, I'm going to the loo Don't touch my stuff

Okay, okay you guys. Okay There are four basic categories The Getcha Head in the Frame Trivia Challenge the Bop Till You Drop Dance Challenge Sync to the Status Quo Lip Sync Challenge and Looking for Glee which I thought would be a fun name for the singing challenge because when I was a kid I was obsessed with the show Hey, it still holds up Oh, good. I thought you guys were going to judge me Okay, so Knights you won the coin toss so you guys get to pick the first challenge We've got to do "Looking for Glee"

You want to? Come on Okay, all right we're going to look for Glee Excellent

"As fast as you can please sing the lyrics to"

"What I've Been Looking For" to the rhythm of "Getcha Head in the Game"

Go

"No, but it starts It's hard to believe..."

"That I couldn't see"

"That you were always always, always right beside me"

"Thought I was alone with no one to hold"

"But you were always, always always right beside me"

Getcha head in the game! Let's go!

Yes! Yes!

That was it, that was it! Guys!

That was terrible I'm so happy Congratulations, you get to move four spaces closer to center stage at East High What, Wait, they get four spaces for that?

Okay, Wild Cats take a spin Okay. It's your turn EJ's turn All right we're going to bop Okay. Pick one member from each team Who wants to go? I feel like it should be EJ I think I should... I think I got it No. Would you? Okay No, no, no. Okay Go on. Do it. Seriously Come on, man

Your challenge is to stare at your partner and do the Sharpay and Ryan warm-up thing for sixty seconds straight without laughing Or k*lling each other Okay Go!

Oh hey I was just getting some...

I just came in for a little...

Root beer Thanks

Crazy how many people made it to this party

My mom and I had a really nice meal but when you're new in town with no other family, there's only so much time you can sit around complimenting the green beans I guess you're new in town a lot?

Yes, going on six straight years of moves now But I do have high hopes for junior year, East High It's been nice sometimes though, right?

Getting a chance to start fresh?

Is this, like where I make a wish, or...

If you want to swap bodies, I'm down

"Gina, Nini, you need to come back, you're missing it!"

Speaking of swapping bodies that whole wonderstudy thing, I just, I want to say...

Oh, I know. Same here It's all good

Hey you're staying the night, right?

What do you mean?

Ashlyn's having the girls stay for a sleepover Apparently there's a Ouija board in the attic As long as Carlos didn't make it. Yes

Okay. Oh, hey, hey, hey Come on, come on Come here, Nini, come here Oh, all right Adorable Gina, come on!

It's not a big deal, but I've never been invited to a sleepover before

Yes!

Wait, what did you do here?

It's a basic pulley system a force multiplier It's beautiful Math often is Benjamin...

Please don't I'm going to cry I cannot stress to you enough how uncomfortable that would make me feel You did something nice for me You know what we should do?

Break off eye contact sometime soon?

When I was young my family used to do a movie night on Thanksgiving You want to? I don't think so I downloaded Big Hero Six for the long weekend It's about a robot but there's also some imagination in it, so something for everyone?

Okay, you guys according to the Musical Choosical Handbook of Rulesicals...

Stop it The only way to resolve a tie at the end of regulation play is with a lightning speed round of Getcha Head in the Frame trivia questions Are you ready, because people have been known to cry during this I thought you had never actually played this...

Honey, not today of all days Okay, here we go

"Name both jersey numbers Troy wears in the movie"

Fourteen and ten How did you know that? How did he even know that?

Correct

"How does Gabriella describe herself"

"when she's complaining to her mom?"

As the school's freaky genius girl And do people usually talk like that?

They do not Correct! Wild Cats

"whose red tie does Ms. Darbus compliment at auditions?"

It's...

What's his name?

It's, it's...

Allen? Yes!

What? EJ!

I looked it up on my phone, you guys I can't stop cheating and I'm sorry!

EJ... That's not fair Well, the West High Knights have a chance to steal

"What is the name of the girl who pops and locks?"

"I love to pop and lock and jam and break! Martha Cox!"

Yes! The West High Knights win!

Good job!

You, my dear, get this homemade Scholastic Decathlon ribbon Careful, it's just a straight pin and was never sanitized Wait, okay, everybody, get in Okay. I won Okay, hold on, I need to share this honor with my loved ones You got to stop moving. This is the price you pay for beauty Mom, Mom, Mom okay, two things One, I was just crowned the queen of crazytown and two, can I spend the night at Ashlyn's house?

It's actually the queen of East High...

Mom, sorry I-I can't hear you, okay Okay, you're on speaker Say Happy Thanksgiving to my mom, everyone Happy Thanksgiving!

"Same to all of you"

"Gina, honey, can you take me off speaker?"

Yes, sorry, guys

Mom, what's up?

Mom?

I was going to tell you first thing in the morning What is it?

Honey, I got a call from the coordinator's office in Washington

No

"Baby" Mom

"Listen to me" No

"We have to go It's another emergency"

They can't do this to us again We just moved here

"And I told them that, baby"

What's that about?

I don't, I don't understand how they can...

"Baby, please"

Okay. Okay

How long do I have?

"Ten days. Listen to me..."

No, I got it. I got it

"I love you"

Yes

Hey, you okay? I will be Want to talk about it, or... Not even a little I-I'll call you?

Honestly, you heard what happened I don't think there's any point in calling me anymore, do you?

Hey, Gina. I-I'm so so... the cupcakes were amazing Hey, you all right? What?

This is pretty intense Yes, I was there Ricky, I know you've been going through a lot...

Nini, please don't do that I'm just trying to help you It's not just Gina, okay?

My mom moved out like two weeks ago and she's already got a new boyfriend Sound familiar? No, hang on Look, I got to go. Really Okay, you can be mad at me all you want but you should talk to your mom, Ricky You know you always feel better when you...

Yes, thanks. I really don't need advice from a "buddy" right now

You really don't have to do this No, it's okay. My basement's not going anywhere Besides, I kind of wanted to finish the lobster dip Sorry none of the girls stuck around for your sleepover That's okay Mood kind of got k*lled Yes. I hope Gina's going to be okay That's sort of always what you do?

Take care of everyone else? Whatever

Hey, is this where you wrote that thing?

What thing?

The Sara Bareilles song About regrets? For Ms. Darbus?

Okay, did someone tell you to say that to me?

Because that's like all I've ever wanted to hear my entire life Well-well, you know, her songs come up on shuffle a lot and I just thought it sounded similar You know, like, the notes?

Yes, okay. The notes

A-Anyway I should probably Hey, Big Red?

Don't forget your dip Happy Thanksgiving You too

Write something for yourself Write something for yourself

"Feels like I'm not what I'm born to be"

"Feels like I'm not where I'm supposed to be"

"I don't fit in in these places"

"Don't fit in with these familiar faces"

"I know there's so much more"

"Feels like I'm not where I'm supposed to be"

"I don't fit in with these familiar faces"

"And the games they play don't mean a thing to me"

"I know there's so much more"

"I can't stop dreaming and thinking maybe I could be"