01x11 - Miracle at Rush Valley

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". Aired: April 5, 2009 – July 4, 2010.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Japanese anime follows two brothers searching for the Philsopher's Stone, hoping to restore their bodies.

01x11 - Miracle at Rush Valley

Post by bunniefuu »

Alchemy is a science where one understands the structure of matter, breaks it down, then rebuilds it.

However, it is not an all-powerful technique, as one cannot create something out of nothing.

If one wishes to gain something, one must present something of equal value.

This is the concept of equivalent exchange, the fundamental basis of alchemy.

However, there is a taboo in alchemy.

Human transmutation.

One must not commit this act.

Maes Hughes is dead.

He was m*rder*d by mysterious people who have tattoos of Ouroboros.

Mustang, doubtful of the reason behind Hughes' death, upon learning the m*llitary leadership had a hand in the plot, decided to make his way to Central.

At the same time, Ed and Al, knowing nothing of this, headed south with Winry toward Dublith where their master lives.

However Rush Valley! Automail! Automail~ Automail! I'm so blessed! It's a Gotts eleventh year model! I never thought I'd be able to lay my eyes on one! As expected from the Holy Land of Automails.

This place is packed.

Where's the fun in staring at automails all day in this hot weather? We should have just left Winry and headed straight for Dublith! Hey you, do you have a moment? This automail's a rare make.

You're right.

Take a look, everyone.

Hey.

Hey, whoa- SFX: Bump, Push Cut it out! C-Cut it- I said cut it out! N-Not there! No! N-No!!! Everyone's so eager to learn! Get off me! Geez This is why I can't stand automail mechanics U-Umm Huh? What's wrong? I can't find it Find what? The sign of a State Alchemist my silver pocket watch! I can't find it.

That's probably Paninya's doing.

Paninya? She's a pickpocket who goes after tourists.

Any idea where she is? It's something really important! I don't mind telling ya But in exchange Let me see your automail one last She's at an automail mechanic by the name of Dominique's place! They said he lives deep in the mountains because you can find high quality ore, but This really is the right path right? They didn't trick us, did they? It's your fault for saying you wanted to go to that city in the first place! Getting your silver pocket watch stolen was due to your own carelessness! Shut up! Hey, you two! What do you want?! Isn't that the girl? Found her!!! Give it back You're amazing! What the heck are you? I'm an alchemist! Wow, awesome! Moving about so much Hey, you're running out of breath! I've been waiting for you.

Well done! What do you say you give it back now my silver pocket watch It's not really a rare sight, is it? Considering the city you were just at.

And also A 1.

5 inch culverin in my left leg.

Wait! Catch me if you can! Don't even try to escape! Good work, Winry! Don't let go of her! That's the plan! I won't let go of you until you let me examine your automail! Oh my, Paninya.

You brought friends over? Give up already! Well, about that It's my first time seeing an automail like this! The suspension is powerful, but what's even more amazing is the overall balance! This efficient design is a work of art! Umm about my silver pocket watch This is amazing! How did they do this? It's no use, Brother You have my deepest respect for being able to make such an automail! No, I'm not the one who made it.

It's mine.

Isn't it a bit heavy? Yeah I agree.

It's not good to put a strain on the recipient.

Maybe that's why this guy's so small? Don't call me small! Which means I'd get bigger if it's made lighter.

There's a possibility.

You're huge, Brother! You're so tall! You guys are so puny.

I've decided.

Mister Dominique! Hmm? Please make me your apprentice! No can do.

You could at least give it a little more thought Shut up.

I don't take apprentices.

I'm begging you! Could you please teach her how to build an automail that would help me grow? Shut up, flea.

Sorry about that.

My old man's pretty stubborn.

Yeah Flea Flea Flea Hm? That's a baby, right? That's right.

Can I feel your belly? Sure, go ahead.

It's kind of mysterious.

Yeah.

It's weird to think we were in our mom's womb like this once, too Are you all right?! Y-Yeah The junctions start to ache when the weather is no good.

Why do you wear an automail? I lost both my parents and my legs in a train accident.

It really felt like the end of the world for me, since I had no relatives, nor was I able to walk at all.

And that's when I met Mister Dominique.

You've got a look saying, "I'm the most miserable person in the world".

Ones like you piss me off the most! Let me go! Let me go! Eyes of a corpse.

I probably looked dreadful back then And so, while I had no idea what was going on, he stuck these on me.

The surgery was painful, and the rehab was backbreaking; everything was horrible.

But When I was able to stand on my feet again, I felt like the world was mine.

I'm really thankful to Mister Dominique.

I plan on repaying the debt, even if it takes my whole life to do it.

Even though I've never gotten him to accept any kind of payment So that's why you pickpocket If you're truly thankful, then stop pickpocketing! Huh? Mister Dominique gave you these legs in good faith.

So you have to respond to that with the same, too! If you're really planning on spending your whole life trying to repay him, stand up and work hard to earn money! With those legs he gave you! I'm sure that would make Mister Dominique much happier.

I see You're right! Yeah! I'll stop pickpocketing! I'll repay him by earning money honestly! Oh, that's right I have to give this back to him.

Right! Huh? Uh-oh Did I break it? It won't open Let me see.

No, he's sealed it with alchemy.

How come? The answer is obvious.

Because there's something embarrassing in here he doesn't want anyone else to see! SFX: Chuckle Got it! Now, let's see what Ed's got in here "Don't forget.

Oct.

" What is this? Please give this back to Ed.

Winry? I'm I'm going to try asking Mister Dominique for an apprenticeship again! What's wrong? B-Being bo Bingo? Being bo Bo What about bingo? B B- Miss Sadila says the baby's being born!!! We can't take her to a hospital in the city in this weather.

I'll rush over there and bring back a doctor.

My old man will be back with a doctor soon.

Just hang in there, okay? I can't exactly "hang in there" if the baby's trying to come out What's wrong?! What's she saying? I can't make it out.

The baby's being born! B B Being born?! What are we going to do?! There's no doctor around! What are we going to do?! What are we going to do?! Hey, you! What are we going to do?! We have to do it! Do what? The delivery.

What?! D-Do you have experience delivering a baby? I don't.

But We don't have time to sit around, either! We need to work together to help the baby be born! Ed and Al, you two go boil some water! Got it! Paninya, collect all the towels you can find! Roger! And Mr.

Riddle, do you have any rubbing alcohol? I think we have some in the storehouse! Oh, and please prepare some water for Miss Sadila to drink! Say Do you think she can handle this? She was born into a family of doctors, so she basically grew up reading medical books.

Yup.

What?! Then that means she didn't actually study how to I'm sure she only remembers those things vaguely.

No way But right now, we need to put faith in her knowledge and courage.

First, boil water, then sterilization What else is there to do? Try to remember Try to remember Winry.

You can do it! Yeah.

Paninya, help me out in here.

O-Okay.

Brother I'm always powerless in critical moments Oww! Oww! Oww! Oww!!! I'm going to die! SFX: Tremble It hurts so much! I can't take it anymore!!! I don't believe in God, but Yeah.

If you exist, then please just for now Brother! H-Hey! B-Blood I can't take it What happened? Hey! She did it! Hooray! That's awesome! The baby was really born! That's so awesome! Awesome, I tell you! You sound like a little kid saying that.

Think about it! It's the birth of a life! It's what alchemists have been spending hundreds of years trying to do.

A human creating a human.

Don't group alchemy with the mysteries of life.

I can't help it; I'm an alchemist.

But still, that's awesome.

Humans are awesome.

Well, since the baby was safely born, is there anything I can help out with? Good question.

For starters, help me up Huh? It's humiliating to be carried by a guy shorter than me.

Don't make me drop you.

Ed Hm? I saw what you wrote inside your silver pocket watch Oww Did you force it open? Sorry Idiot.

I haven't even shown it to Al.

But why? A lesson for myself and to show my determination.

It's kind of girly of me.

That I have to hold on to that day in a shape like this Why are you crying? There's no going back now Yeah.

Why are you crying? I'm crying for you, since neither you nor Al ever cry.

Idiot.

Hey I think you should go back to Resembool.

Granny's probably lonely being all by herself.

No, I'm not going back.

Hey After seeing your determination I can't be walking around with half-assed determination, either.

No, it's not like you have to carry the burden either I want to keep getting better, so I can equip you with better automail.

So you can continue your journey with peace of mind.

So I'm going to try asking Mister Dominique for an apprenticeship again! I see Good luck.

Thanks.

Winry, Mister Riddle wants to see you.

Huh? What's the matter? No, it's nothing.

I'll be right there.

Paninya Oww! What was that for?! Shut up! Give me my watch back, you thief! You didn't have to hit me with your right hand! Then I'll hit you again with my left! It's your grandpa! So cute! His personality's changed Both you and your baby are in excellent condition.

The post-birth care was also very well done.

Even an adult would panic if they happened to witness childbirth for the first time.

Oh! Well I panicked a little.

I owe all of you a huge thank you.

Especially you, young lady.

Thank you so much.

Please don't be so formal! Oh, geez I'm embarrassed.

How about it? Taking an apprentice here might be a This and that are two different things.

I won't take any apprentices.

But, if you insist I'll introduce you to a skilled technician that lives at the foot of the mountain.

U-Umm Can I visit to observe your work from time to time? You can come visit to see my grandchild, sure.

You, too, Paninya! Oh no! Hurry! If we miss it, we're going to have to wait another three days for the next train to Dublith! Take care of yourselves, now! You, too! Be sure you give Granny a call! I don't want to hear that from you ! Make sure you steal that geezer's techniques, so you can equip me with a better automail the next time you see me! And there he goes.

You can count on me.

The boys reminisce of the times they were in training when they visit Dublith, the city where their master lives.

That becomes their first step toward the truth.

Next time, Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 12, One is All, All is One.

He hesitates to speak, because he wants to protect them.