01x32 - Dante of the Deep Forest

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist". Aired: October 4, 2003 - October 2, 2004.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Anime series set in a fictional universe in which alchemy is one of the most advanced scientific techniques, the story follows two brothers who want to recover parts of their bodies lost in an attempt to bring their mother back to life.

01x32 - Dante of the Deep Forest

Post by bunniefuu »

Al! Al! Sensei! Sensei! Al! Al! Al! Brother! That right arm of yours is a nuisance.

I'm going to pull off all that useless stuff those ugly mechanical parts! How dare you!? And then I'll take everything that is left over.

Why, you! Why, you Al! Al, no! Al Brother you said a Homunculus couldn't use alchemy, right? But this guy is different.

I've figured out his secret.

When his right arm and left leg form a circle, he can transmute the outside of his body into other materials.

He can change his body because he is a Homunculus.

But he can use alchemy because Because he has Ed's limbs in those places? My? Give them back! Those belong to Brother! They're Brother's arm and leg! Give them back! Why, you! Al! Fine by me! Brother! Al! Please, stop already! What are you talking about? He's a Homunculus.

He's not human.

But still, that boy is Izumi's Maybe so You want my arm, do you? It's my arm! You gained something for the price of this leg, didn't you? You paid for your brother with this arm.

In that case, what are you going to pay to deprive me of my arm and leg? An equivalent exchange.

Stop jerking me around! Ed! without something.

anything, required.

alchemy's Exchange.

that world.

Sensei Ed! Al! I forbid you to get involved! That boy is my transgression, and I will Sensei! Hold it! Winry! Take care of Sensei! Just a minute! Ed! Al! Fullmetal Alchemist, I understand that this is the island where you did your training.

Brother, that woman Fuhrer, what are you doing here? It appears we are looking for the same thing as you are.

A Homunculus? I hear that's what the enemy calls itself.

However, do you guys know how a Homunculus is born? According to tradition, it is said that Homunculus is the grown-up form of the botched product that is born when someone attempts a human transmutation.

It was written in your father's research, as well.

I don't care about that guy.

That's fine.

But if the boy that Lt.

Col.

Archer found really is a Homunculus that would mean that someone had attempted a human transmutation.

Human transmutation is impermissible, no matter what the circumstances are.

Do you have any idea who this person might be? We should follow the escaped Homunculus.

Our men are already pursuing him.

I'm sorry, but I don't know.

We're in a hurry here, so if you don't mind Brother We can't tell them about Sensei, you know.

Maybe so, but Well? How does it feel, holding him? It's not bad.

Wrath that makes all seven of us.

After all this time, how about we go to that woman's place? Luckily, it's close by, and we do need to tell her about Greed.

Why Greed? Because it was her who created Greed.

Why!? Why would you show that to my brother!? The man understood everything I told him.

What I handed down to him were the ancient memories of the Ishbalan people.

And as a result, my brother! You must not forget.

Inside here, they are still alive.

Countless lives - He's here! Due to circumstances beyond our control, we left our established residences.

As their leader, I will bear full responsibility.

You do know that new residences have been established here in the south, right? You will all be taken there.

Make sure that you tell them not to offer any resistance.

Right.

However, before that happens, we will be checking everyone's names and faces.

Every last one of you.

Is there someone you're looking for? Begin.

Please, be careful.

I'm sure I saw that homicidal maniac from Central.

I saw his wanted poster at the home of someone I was taking care of earlier.

Let's hope you didn't mistake him for someone else.

Mama! You all! Hey, where is he!? The man with the x-shaped scar!? Don't try to to hide him! What, what!? J-Just you try doing anything against me! The m*llitary won't stand for A-A g*nsh*t!? I didn't hear any g*nf*re! Stop! Don't sh**t! Stop f*ring, you stupid bastards! Everyone, calm down! Who was it that acted against this man? - Is the m*ssacre going to repeat itself!? - Right! How can we keep silent any longer!? ! Our people have been k*lled! Go back where you came from, now! Yeah! Get out of here! I'm going to suppress them.

Cover me.

Colonel? What are you waiting for? I told you to cover me! And wipe your forehead, would you? Yes, sir! Good grief.

What a pathetic story, both for master and pupil.

Ed, Al I must draw the line somewhere.

You are expelled.

I did not teach you alchemy so that your bodies would end up like this.

I don't want to see any more of your disgraceful fighting, either.

Sensei Thank you for taking care of us.

Please, take care.

Are you sure youwant to go back home like this, you two? Okay, then Yeah.

Come by again if you're ever around.

But She expelled us, and all, right? Foolish brats! Now that you are neither master nor pupil, it means you can start dealing with each other as equal individuals.

That's right! Now, you don't have to feel so constrained by her, do you? Damn it.

Al, we're going back! Huh? Mm-hmm! Don't get k*lled.

Sensei! We came here to get some kind of lead as to how to get our original bodies back! We're not going to leave here empty-handed! Leave! We refuse! We want to know the whereabouts of a true Philosopher's Stone, not the one made by sacrificing human lives.

Leave.

We're not leaving! I'll cut you up! Cut us if you will I'm sure that returning that boy over to the other side is That is my transgression.

I cannot teach you how to do it.

We will take the transgression upon ourselves, as well! You morons You have someone watching the brothers, right? Yes, sir.

Don't be caught off guard.

If anything happens, let me know immediately.

Yes, sir.

The Elric Brothers again? What choice do we have? We received a response from Central that the Fuhrer did in fact drop by down south here, and conducted his own personal investigation into the Homunculus.

Which is exactly the opposite of what they said yesterday.

And with investigations pertaining to the Homunculus now under the direct supervision of the Fuhrer We're going find out everything the brothers know, like we were originally going to.

There's the possibility that the Chimera might appear again.

Kimbly, too.

Let's go.

This is a foul place we've come to.

Greed? Roa, you guys go back to Devil's Nest.

Are you going off someplace by yourself? There's just something that's bothering me.

I see.

Al, you don't remember anything about the other side of the doorway, right? No.

If not, then Al's body, together with those memories, could still be on the other side.

How can we get them back from there? If we use a Philosopher's Stone, we can ignore the principle of equivalent exchange, and open the doorway once again.

Equivalent exchange, huh? Ed, do you believe in that? Of course he does! In order for something to be obtained, it must be accompanied by something of equal value.

And not just in alchemy, that's a universal principle throughout the whole world.

If that's so then that boy who lost his own life, before he was ever born.

What did he obtain for that price? Apparently, I'm not that good a teacher.

Meisun! Yes? Show these two where Dante's house is.

Tomorrow, they will go there to get some medicine.

Did you think you were going to stay here for free? I wonder what kind of person this Dante is.

A famous pharmacist, from what Meisun said.

Brother, there's something that's been bothering me.

Supposing that Homunculi are born when a human transmutation fails Come on, Al, let's get a move on! Anyone home? We've been expecting you.

Dante is waiting for you inside.

Huh? Y-You're! - Lyra! I'm terribly sorry for what happened on that occasion.

What are you doing here? I am employed here as Dante's pupil.

Someday, I want to become as superb an alchemist as Dante is.

Dante is an alchemist? Yes.

This is all thanks to you.

You taught me something very important.

Your character has completely changed, huh? Come in.

I have brought them.

I've been waiting for you, Elric Brothers.

You're Dante? Yes.

I was surprised to find out that you were Izumi's students.

I've heard what is going on.

I will get her medicine ready at once.

Um, by any chance, did our Sensei also? Yes.

Long ago, she learned alchemy here.

Really? Yes.

Then, Dante, that makes you our sensei's sensei! I suppose that's what it means.

Hey, now, how did a guy like me get to be so lucky? And here, I just came by to see a familiar face.

Well, there's no letting them out of my sight now.

Are you serious about that? You are a fellow State Alchemist.

Hey, we just got word from Greed.

It sounds like he needs some more hands.

Please, think it over carefully.

Dante, why did you decide to become an alchemist? Let's see It may sound corny, but I suppose Ie.

Alchemy is something that people need.

Of course, the alchemy by itself isn't anything that special.

But when it comes to helping others, that's something that alchemy can do.

I'd like for people that strive to be happy to be rewarded for as hard as they work.

That's the way I felt.

Equivalent exchange? Yes.

People can only gain only one thing for one effort.

That is the absolute truth.

Dante, what do you think about the Philosopher's Stone? Are you two searching for the Philosopher's Stone, too? N-No, we were All those who have sought the Philosopher's Stone have become sad and unhappy.

It may be that it is too soon for mankind to acquire the Stone.

You know, you bear such a resemblance to him.

Your father, Hoheneim the Light, also sought the Philosopher's Stone.

Our father did? Do you know where your father is? I don't even want to know.

Brother They've split up.

Handle the rest like we planned.

Got it? Go! Now, then You! Why, you! You must be surprised.

I call it the Mightiest Shield.

Lyra? Lyra! Don't move! As long as you don't resist, I have no intention of harming her.

Dante! Good day.

Who are you folks? We're kidnappers.

Kidnappers? Alphonse Elric you'll have to come with us.

But my Sensei taught me that I shouldn't go with strangers.

What are you, stupid? Just how old are you? Fourteen.

If you're fourteen, then you're old enough to think and behave all by yourself, aren't you? Listen up.

If you're a real man, then act on your own will! Mm-hmm.

You can't go on forever doing things just because your Sensei said to.

I get it.

I have to think for myself, huh? Absolutely right.

Now come with us After thinking about it for myself, I've decided that I'm not going to go with strangers.

Not bad.

Fullmetal Alchemist! Episode 33: "Al Taken Prisoner" I have no intention of dealing with thugs that have taken my brother!