06x24 - Remember Me as a Time of Day

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

06x24 - Remember Me as a Time of Day

Post by bunniefuu »

New York is dangerous littered with thieves we've no morals here we just do as we please but I don't wanna go home where they all stare at me 'cause I'm tattooed and fired up and drunk and obscene. You wear your religion like a w*r sweater, you ask for the truth but you know you could do so much better and you sat on your fences and you screamed, "no retreat" so what will your legacy be?

AT CLOTHES OVER BROS

Julian : I love your daughter. I'm in love with her. Would you ask her to call me, please?

I look closely to which speaks from pride. I love you I swear it I would never lie but I fear for our lives and I fear your closed eyes. 'cause you wear your religion like a w*r sweater

AT CLOTHES OVER BROS

Brooke : Well, you're here late.

Victoria : Yeah. The competition never sleeps.

Brooke : Any messages?

Victoria : Uh, no. Nothing that matters.

And you screamed, "no retreat" so what will your legacy be? And what will your legacy be?

AT LUCAS'S HOUSE

Sawyer: Ouain !

Lucas : Shh, shh. It's okay. Daddy's here.

AT THE HOSPITAL

Lucas : You know. If you keep letting these root-beer floats go to waste, I'm gonna have to start drinking them. I'm kidding. They'll be here when you wake up. You know who else will be here when you wake up is, uh... god, our beautiful daughter. She's, uh... You should see her. She's amazing, Peyton. But she needs you. And so do I. Come on. You promised. You promised.

OUTSIDE THE HOSPITAL

Julian : You need to go home, Brooke. You've been awake for the better part of the last four days, and it's not healthy.

Brooke : I need to be here when she wakes up. What is that?

Julian : Every fashion magazine I could find.

Brooke : But you just said

Julian : Yeah, but I knew when I said you needed to go home that you'd say you needed to be here when Peyton woke up, because you're stubborn, Brooke Davis.

Brooke : You don't know me.

Julian : I think I do.

Brooke : She needs to wake up.

AT RED BEDROOM RECORDS

Mia : Yeah, I know. Everything's fine. Just, you know, call if you hear anything, okay? Thanks, Haley.

Chase : No word?

Mia : No ... word. Lucas must be so freaked out.

Chase : Peyton's a badass. She'll be okay. What you got there?

Mia : My new record.

Chase : Let me see that. My girl's such a rock star. You did good, Mia Catalano.

Mia : We did good ... me and Haley and Peyton. Peyton really should be here for this ... Red bedroom records. Can I help you? Um, Peyton's not here right now, but ... she'll be back soon.

AT THE HOSPITAL

Lucas : You know, I, uh ... I'm in a little... I'm in a little over my head here. I took her home, and, uh ... I'm doing what I can, but... but she needs her mom. I need her mom. She doesn't even have a name. We were supposed to do that together. I can't do this without you. And I'm just ... afraid ... that we're gonna lose you, and it's just gonna be the two of us. And she doesn't even have a name.

Peyton : Sawyer. Her name's Sawyer, okay?

Lucas : Okay. Sawyer Scott. God, you scared me. Oh, my god.

Brooke : Peyton.

Peyton : You said you would disown me if I left without permission.

Brooke : Yeah. I'm about to be your second-best girl when you meet your new one.

Peyton : Is she okay?

Lucas : She's beautiful.

Peyton : Can I see her?

Brooke : She's right outside. Hang on.

Lucas : I should get the doctor.

Peyton : No. I just want it to be you and me and our daughter for a minute.

Lucas : Okay.

Karen : Well,well.

Lucas : Mom.

Karen : My baby's had a baby. And she's beautiful.

Peyton : Hi, Sawyer. Do you remember me? I missed you. I'm gonna love you forever. She's perfect.

AT SCOTT'S HOUSE

Jamie : Hey, dad, when you get back to Charleston, tell Nino he needs to stop sh**ting so much, okay?

Nathan : Nino's not there, buddy.

Jamie : How come? Did they fire him?

Nathan : He's playing for the clippers now. They called him up.

Jamie : When are they gonna call you up, dad?

Nathan : I don't know, Jamie. Maybe never.

Jamie : It's okay. At least you're still a chief.

Nathan : Yeah. All right. All set.

Jamie : I'll take it.

Nathan : Thanks, buddy

AT BROOKE'S HOUSE

Julian : What's that?

Brooke : Sam's new home.

Julian : I miss that girl.

Brooke : Yeah. So I guess you have to be getting back to L.A.

Julian : Yeah. I mean ... I mean, we're prepping the new movie.

Brooke : Yeah, I haven't even asked what it's about.

Julian : You know, boy meets girl, boy loses girl. Anyway, it was great getting to spend time with you, Brooke, even considering the circumstances.

Brooke : Yeah, you too. Thank you ... for staying with me.

Julian : Yeah, well, I wanted to make sure Peyton was gonna be okay.

Brooke : Of course. Well ...

Lay your ray down you're the one. I could run, I could run for the life of me but where would that get me? Where would that lead? I'm a fool for waiting so long 'cause you come around, come around come around, come around to me there's something in between you and I

Julian : I love you, Brooke Davis. I love you so much.

Brooke : Don't say it. Just kiss me.

You feel like breathing come around, come around, come around, come around to me. Can't you see you're my life?

AT LUCAS'S HOUSE

Karen : Do you want me to take her so you can get some rest?

Peyton : Mm, no. I want to hold her forever. Hey, Karen, thank you... for the way you raised Lucas and the man that you taught him how to be.

Karen : You're welcome. But I was just being a mom. You'll see.

Come around, come around, come around, come around to me come around to me

AT MOUTH'S OFFICE

Mouth : Hey, what are you doing down here?

Millicent : I don't want to go back to New York.

Mouth : And I don't want you to go back to New York.

Millicent : But I have to.

Mouth : I know.

Millicent : I'm just gonna have to talk to Brooke.

Mouth : And say what?

Millicent : "I don't want to go back to New York. "

Mouth : Straight and to the point. I like it. Come on.

OUTSIDE LUCAS'S HOUSE

Karen : I remember sitting on these steps, talking to you about joining the ravens.

Lucas : That seems so long ago.

Karen : It feels like yesterday, actually. Lily wrote you a letter.

Lucas : She's writing already? What, was she born, like, four days ago?

Karen : No, that was your daughter, dad.

Lucas : Yeah, whatever, grandma Karen.

Karen : Look, I know you can't stay, but before you go, I just really ... I really wanted to say thank you.

Karen : Lucas...

Lucas : No, no, no, no, no, no. You helped me through all of it. And you were selfless and strong. And ... if I'm half the parent that you were, then Sawyer is gonna be just fine.

Karen : She's gonna be more than fine.

Lucas : Remember how you always told me to see the magic in the world? I still do.

AT THE GYMNASIUM

Man : Nate? Bobby wants to see you.

Nathan : What happened to all my stuff?

Man : Bobby wants to see you.

AT SCOTT'S HOUSE

Haley : What are you doing home?

Nathan : Do you remember that green dress you wore to the Maths-ketball school for Jamie?

Haley : The Oppenheimer school. Yeah.

Nathan : You look amazing in that dress. I was thinking we could take a trip to charlotte. You could wear that dress. We could take Jamie.

Haley : Nathan, what happened?

Nathan : I'm not on the Chiefs anymore.

Haley : I'm sorry, baby.

Nathan : It's okay. What do you say, Haley James? Want to take the boy to Charlotte? Maybe we could see a basketball game? I mean, I kind of have to be there anyway, considering ... I'm the Bobcats' new point guard.

Haley : What?

Nathan : I'm the point guard for the Charlotte Bobcats. I got called up.

Haley : You're in the NBA?

Nathan : I'm in the NBA. Thank you. Thank you for believing in me, Haley.

Haley : Thank you for being worth it!

AT WITHEY'S HOUSE

Dan : Please. I assume that's loaded.

Withey : I bought this g*n hoping to see your face again. I'll just say you broke in, came at me.

Dan : You'd be doing me a favor.

Withey : You look like a haunted man. I heard you have a heart problem. It's not surprising. You've always had a heart problem.

Dan : I wish I'd gone back in that game ... the state championship. When I look back at my life and see where it all went wrong, that's where I always end up ... fourth quarter, time running down, sitting on the bench at the state championship, and refusing to play. At night, in my dreams, I do go back in. And in my dreams, I take it back. All of it. And then I wake up. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for that day and every day since. I'm sorry for what I did to Keith ... and to the people who love him.

Withey : Did you ever love him?

Dan : Not enough.

AT BROOKE'S HOUSE

Brooke : Hi, Sam. It's me. No, everything's fine. I was just thinking about you, and ... and I was wondering ... How's your life? Are you happy?

AT MOUTH OFFICE / SCOTT'S HOUSE

Jerry : New lead coming out of commercial.

Mouth : Is this for real?

Jerry : Yeah.

Mouth : Woooo : Sorry.

Nathan : Jamie, sports is up next.

Jamie : What's the big deal? I got wifi on my phone.

Haley : Get over here and watch with us.

Mouth : Last night in the NBA, the Charlotte Bobcats quietly made a move that most sports fans wouldn't have noticed, adding a point guard to their roster for the rest of the season. But we're leading with that story because this point guard is a local legend who overcame adversity and difficult circumstances in pursuit of a dream. Last night, the Charlotte Bobcats called up a former Tree Hill Raven, a great guy, and a good friend, Nathan Scott. Jamie Scott, hug your dad for all of us because he just made it to the NBA, and we couldn't be more proud. In other news around the league, the Los Angeles clippers are ...

Haley : Jamie.

Jamie : I knew you could do it!

Nathan : You're gonna k*ll me before I even play in a game, buddy!

AT WITHEY'S HOUSE

Dan : I was supposed to be dead months ago. I used to wonder why I was still alive. And then I realized ... I'm not. I'm dead. And this is my hell. Lucas got married and had a baby girl. And Nathan ... he's got Jamie. And I get to see the happiest moments of their lives, but ... I don't get to feel those moments. I don't get to be a part of their lives.

Withey : You created that, Danny.

Dan : Pull the trigger. Take the pain away! Please. Please.

Withey : Maybe you're still here for redemption.

OUTSIDE WITHEY'S HOUSE

Withey : There's still time, son.

Nathan : I just came to tell my coach I made it to the NBA. How you doing, coach?

Withey : Good to see you. It's a great surprise. I see you're keeping in shape.

AT BEDROOM RECORDS

Chase : This track is awesome!

Mia : Thanks.

Chase : And the record officially drops tomorrow?

Mia : Tomorrow night. Sinning in New York City.

Chase : And then ... you tour.

Mia : For a couple months, yeah.

Chase : Listen, I ... I know you're gonna go on tour and this record's gonna blow up, and just know that art of me wants to be really selfish with you. But I'm not gonna be that way because ... well ... because the rest of the world deserves to see your greatness, too.

Mia : My heart's ... not going anywhere.

Chase : Promise?

Mia : Promise.

AT CLOTHES OVER BROS

Millicent : Mia's new record?

Brooke : Yeah. It's really good. She's actually doing a signing in New York tomorrow night. Maybe you could go ...

Millicent : Yeah!

Brooke : About that ... if you weren't gonna be here in tree hill instead.

Millicent : Wait. What?

Brooke : The store's gonna be back up and running soon, and I need you here to run it.

Millicent : But what about New York? Don't you need someone there?

Brooke : I do, but your boy is here.

OUTSIDE LUCAS'S HOUSE

Dan : Hi, Peyton.

Peyton : What do you want?

Dan : I just wanted ... could I hold her?

Peyton : No. Why?

Dan : Because she's the only one in my world who doesn't know what I've done.

Peyton : Just for a second.

Take your last step.

Dan : I'd forgotten what it was like. She's so beautiful. What's her name?

Peyton : Sawyer.

Dan : Sawyer Scott. And now, said max, let the wild rumpus start.

Peyton : Where the wild things are.

Dan : I used to read it to Nathan. It seems like another life ago.

Peyton : It was.

Dan : I know you're gonna have to tell her about me someday. I'm sorry for that.

Hallelujah for these eyes she your painted life. Hallelujah for the touch of skin to skin with mine. Hallelujah for this mind that keeps our souls combined. Hallelujah for this life that let me be your child have your mind, have your strength to stay alive keep your eyes open with mine now oh, no. You followed the road

AT MOUTH'S OFFICE

Millicent : How would you like your old roommate back?

A face without words can last a lifetime it's never the same so don't say goodbyes that last forever now hold on just for a while but I'll be by to see you someday soon now please hold on tonight oh, 'cause I'm old and I don't know why. Hallelujah for these eyes

AT CLOTHES OVER BROS

Victoria : Tell me about ... Julian. Brooke. What kind of man is he?

Brooke : The kind who's gone.

Hallelujah for this mind that keeps our souls combined now. Hallelujah for this life that let me be your child.

AT THE CIMETERY

Nathan : I finally made it, Q. Something tells me you already know that. I miss you, buddy. Oh, and, Q, you're right ... It's a comeback. Thank you.

You're a traffic light of fire you're a man who I believe will never die

AT LUCAS'S HOUSE

Brooke : Hi.

Peyton : Hi

Brooke : Luke around?

Peyton : No. He had to take Karen to the airport. She had to get back.

Brooke : She's so beautiful.

Peyton : Yeah, I kind of like her.

Brooke : So how does it feel, P. Sawyer? You have a family now. You ... you have this whole other life to look after.

Peyton : It feels just like I dreamed it would.

Brooke : Can I hold her?

Peyton : Yeah! Got her?

Brooke : Oh, yeah. Hi, Sawyer. I'm your aunt Brooke, and I am gonna spoil you. Yes, I am, Sawyer Scott.

Peyton : Sawyer Brooke Scott.

Brooke : Really?

Peyton : Yeah.

Brooke : See, I always knew you were a Brooke. And it is a really good name, baby Brooke.

Peyton : Just like I dreamed. And what about your dreams, Brooke Davis?

AT CLOTHES OVER BROS

Brooke : Are you going somewhere?

Victoria : Back to New York. The designs are excellent. The new line should stabilize the company. There's nothing left for me to do here. There are a few things that I need to leave you with. We need to call our publicist and arrange a series of interviews announcing your return to the company. You need to speak with the people at red and organize some sort of charitable contribution.

And you need to fly to Los Angeles and tell that boy that you love him.

Brooke : What?

Victoria : When I was young, there was a boy who loved me, and I loved him back. But he wasn't from my circle of friends, and he was different than what my parents expected ... so I let him go. And not a day has gone by that I don't regret it.

Brooke : Why haven't you ever told me this?

Victoria : Because I've been a terrible mother. I have a daughter who is ... strong and bright, kindhearted, so beautiful ... and I've nearly broken her with my inability to open my heart. But I haven't broken her. She's just as strong and beautiful and kindhearted as ever. She simply misnamed her company. Because if this boy Julian loves you ... and you love him ... That's all that matters. That is the most important thing. And the clothes can wait.

Victoria : This is for you.

Brooke : What is it?

Victoria : It's the company. It's all yours ... 100%.

Brooke : But why?

Victoria : I'd rather have my daughter than a company.

Brooke : But you loved this company.

Victoria : Yeah. I did. And I was wrong. I should have loved you more ... and the company less. I just didn't know how.

Brooke : Mom? I want you to stay on ... and run things from New York.

Victoria : You're keeping me?

Brooke : You're good at what you do. And besides ... you're my mother.

Victoria : My daughter. My daughter. I love you so much. And I'm so proud of you.

AT MOUTH'S OFFICE

Jerry : 60 seconds, Mouth.

Mouth : Thanks, Jerry. Thanks. I thought you took off.

Millicent : I just wanted to watch my boy work.

Mouth : I like that ... being your boy.

Millicent : I like it, too. Skills called. They're gonna watch the game with us.

Mouth : Great. Sounds perfect.

Millicent : It does, doesn't it?

Jerry : We're back in 10!

Mouth : God, I love my life. A full slate in the NBA kicks off tonight with the Charlotte Bobcats, who recently called up Nathan Scott. The team says that Scott will take his physical ...

Mouth : Take a look at yourself in a mirror. Who do you see looking back?

Haley : Is it the person you want to be?

AT SCOTT'S HOUSE

Jamie : You made it.

Nathan : We made it.

Dan : Or is there someone else you were meant to be ... the person you should have been, but fell short of?

Mia : Is someone telling you, you can't or you won't? Because you can.

AT NEW YORK

Chase : Could you write, "Thanks for the 45 seconds of heaven"?

Mia : 30. Wait for me?

Chase : Hell, yeah.

Chase : Believe that love is out there.

AT THE GYMNASIUM

Man : From the university of maryland, 6'2" point guard, wearing number 12, Nathan Scott!

Nathan : Believe that dreams come true every day. Because they do.

Peyton : Sometimes happiness doesn't come from money or fame or power. Sometimes happiness comes from good friends and family and from the quiet nobility of leading a good life.

AT LOS ANGELES

Man : We're gonna try the lights now, okay, Julian?

Julian : Okay.

Brooke : You told me that someday I'd be ready to let someone in. I think today mean to be "someday".

Julian : Believe that dreams come true every day. Because they do.

Julian : If this was a movie, you'd kiss me right now.

Brooke : No. I'd say, "I love you," and then I'd kiss you. I love you.

Brooke : Believe that dreams come true every day. Because they do.

ON THE ROAD IN THE COMET

Lucas : Take a ride with me, Peyton Sawyer?

Peyton : Don't you mean Peyton Scott?

Peyton : So take a look in that mirror and remind yourself to be happy, because you deserve to be. Believe that.

Lucas : And believe that dreams come true every day. Because they do.