03x06 - New Genie on the Block

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Sofia the First". Aired: November 18, 2012 - September 8, 2018.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Animated series features Sofia, an ordinary girl who becomes a princess overnight when her mom marries the king.

03x06 - New Genie on the Block

Post by bunniefuu »

I was a girl in the village doing all right Then I became a princess overnight Now I gotta figure out how to do it right So much to learn and see Up in the castle with my new family In a school that's just for royalty A whole enchanted world is waiting for me - I'm so excited to be - Sofia the first I'm finding out what being royal's all about Sofia the first Making my way, it's an adventure every day It's gonna be my time To show them all that I'm Sofia the first Whoa! Where are you racing off to, Sofia? Tangu, Dad.

Zandar and I want to practice our flying carpet dance so we're ready for the museum opening party tonight.

Flying carpets? Ooh.

All that zipping around.

I'm glad I'll be in the audience.

Ahem.

Your Majesties, this delivery has just arrived.

Thank you.

Ooh, what's in it? "For the royal family of Tangu, a gift for your new palace museum.

" This was sent to the wrong kingdom.

I wonder what's inside? Wup-wup-wup-wup-wup! It isn't ours to open, Sofia.

I'll have a messenger deliver this to Tangu immediately.

Why don't I just take it, Dad? I'm going there anyway.

Okay, Sofia.

But take it straight to the palace.

I'm sure whatever's in here is very important.

I will, Dad.

See you tonight! ( horses whinny ) ( clanking ) Oh! Hmm.

That's weird.

( clanking ) I wonder what's making that sound? VOICE: Whoa! Oh, right.

I'm not supposed to open it.

Do not open it.

But one little peek can't hurt.

Huh? A lamp? What's so important about this dusty old thing? I'm out! I'm out! I'm finally out! Who are you? I'm Kazeem, the greatest wish-granting genie there ever was! Or least I will be once I start granting wishes.

It's my first time out of the lamp.

Who are you? I'm Princess Sofia.

Well, Princess Sofia, this is your lucky day! What kind of fun-tastic zle-dazzle wish do you want? Uh, no, wait.

I wish for you to go back in your lamp so I can take you to Tangu like I promised.

Anhhh! No can do.

I want to have fun granting fun wishes! And that wish is bo-ring! So I'm outta here.

Fun, fun, fun, here I come! Kazeem! Come back! Ohh! I thought genies were only supposed to grant wishes to the person who lets them out of the lamp.

Wouldn't know, Miss.

I've never let a genie out of a lamp before.

Well, we have to get Kazeem back in his lamp and deliver it in time for the party tonight.

Follow him, please-- and hurry! Hyah! ( horses whinny ) Whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho! Where there's people, there's gotta be wishes! Who's got a wish? Anyone got a wish? Do you have a wish, sir? Oh, I wish I had more dates to sell, but I'm all out.

Then dates you will have! Kablooey! (gasps) It's a miracle! Oh, your poor little thirsty leaves.

I wish it would rain.

And so it shall! Kablooey! ( thunder crackles ) Thank you, little genie! You got it! ( horses whinny ) There he is! Land the coach, please! KAZEEM: Whoa-ho! Kazeem! Kazeem! Please get back in your lamp! No can do, Princess.

I'm having way too much fun! I wish you were real elephants.

Kablooey! ( elephants trumpeting ) Wow! Kazeem! You have to stop granting wishes, and you have to get back in your lamp right now! Why would I stop granting wishes? Granting wishes makes people happy, and I love making people happy! I'm a happy-people-maker! ( elephant trumpets ) Ohh! Come back! Grrr! ( creaking ) Uh-oh.

My fruit! Oh, Here go my plants! MAN: My overpriced trinkets! ( groans ) Now how am I going to find him? Madam Ubetcha.

Madam, Ubetcha, I need your help.

( Russian accent ) Do not tell me! You are looking for genie.

How did you know? I know all, young lady.

Plus I saw genie fly by and you have lamp.

Is kind of no-brainer.

Do you know where he went? No, but I can tell you how to find him.

At end of alley, you will see giant gold lamp.

And Kazeem is there? He is not, but Genie Patrol is.

Genie Patrol? They will help you find your missing genie.

It is what they do.

Okay, thanks! Ubetcha! Oh! It really is a big gold lamp! Genie Patrol.

Huh? Uh, hello.

I, um let a genie out of a lamp and now I can't find him.

Well, you'll have to talk to a patrolman, Miss.

Patrolman? So we got a runaway genie, do we? Yeah, I guess so.

Name.

Sofia.

Not you, the genie's.

Kazeem.

Did he grant you three wishes when you let him out? No, but he's been granting everyone else's wishes.

See, it's his first time out of the lamp, and-- Whoa! First-timer? I'll get the sergeant.

The sergeant? Good work, patrolman.

I'll take it from here.

Sergeant Fizz.

Genie Patrol.

Wait a second.

Are all the genies here really just you? What? No, no, no, no, no, no.

Okay, yeah, you got me.

We're a little understaffed.

Now if this Kazeem is a fresh genie fresh out of the lamp, he probably hasn't learned the genie rules yet.

There are genie rules? You better believe there are.

And without 'em, there'd be magical mayhem in the streets.

The number one genie rule, without a doubt Is you only grant wishes to the one who let you out Now rule number two, simple as can be You can grant three wishes, that's one, two, three Rule three: When you're done givin' wishes away You get back in your bottle With no delay These are the genie rules So don't you lose control Or you're gonna get a visit from the Genie Patrol That's me, Sergeant Fizz, and I know my biz I'll pull up on my rug and make you take a pop quiz So all you genies in the casbah, don't be fools Just follow every one of my Genie rules Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to track down this Kazeem and teach him the rules before things get out of hand.

But I need to get him back in his lamp and delivered to the palace before the party starts.

Well, in that case, how'd you like to be my deputy? Deputy? All right, fine.

Partner.

Oh.

Okay.

So how do we find him? I'll show you, partner.

( whistles ) This is how we're gonna track the genie down We'll hop my magic carpet and fly around town We'll be ace detectives, follow every clue Lookin' out for anything too good to be true And when that trail of wishes comes to an end We'll have a naughty genie to apprehend He broke the genie rules He lost all control So he's gonna a visit From the Genie Patrol From the Genie Patrol That's Sofia and Fizz And we know our biz And how to fix this behavior of his We're gonna send him off to genie school And teach him all two hundred Of the genie rules Of the genie rules That's the genie rules There are that many more? Well, technically There's two hundred and four They're the genie rules The genie rules ( camel grunts ) BOTH: The genie rules ( sniffing ) You smell that? What? It smell like wishes.

Bingo! Just as I suspected: a birthday party.

What does that mean? It means it'll be crawling with wishes.

So we'll have to be on our toes.

You ready, partner? Ready! Oh, hello, King Roland, Queen Miranda.

You know the party doesn't start until this evening.

Oh, we know, but we thought we'd come early to watch Sofia and Zandar's rehearsal.

And provide a safety net.

Just in case.

( chuckles ) We haven't started practicing, King Roland.

Sofia isn't here yet.

But she left hours ago.

She should have been here by now.

Maybe she stopped off at the marketplace.

She was supposed to come straight here.

Hmm.

I think we should go look for her.

Coachmen! Uh, excuse me.

I know a faster way to travel.

( whistles ) Oh, no.

Hop on.

I'll take you to look for Sofia myself.

Oh, come on, Rollie.

Well, uhI don't-- Whoa!!! Hold on! ( Roland screaming ) ( chatter ) There he is! It's go time.

( siren wails ) I wish for the biggest cookie ever! Me too! Kablooey! Happy birthday! Freeze! Now stop granting wishes and return to your lamp immediately! Says who?! Sergeant Fizz, Genie Patrol.

You've already met my partner.

You have to stop, Kazeem! You're breaking the genie rules! What genie rules? These genie rules.

See this? Rule one: Only grant wishes to the person who lets you out of the lamp.

But I like granting everyone's wishes! And I like going to bed at night knowing cookies are bite-size.

But-- I'll let you off with a warning, provided you get back in your lamp and learn the rules.

Anhh! Bo-ring! Please, Kazeem? I'll take your lamp to the palace for a big party.

Everyone will see it and be so happy! You love making people happy, right? I do! But I'm not going in my lamp and I'm not learning any rules.

I'm granting wishes, and you can't stop me.

We got a flier.

We've got a flier! All patrollers respond.

That's us.

( revs "engine" ) ( siren wailing ) Sorry! Sergeant Fizz, can you make these wishes disappear? No, Sofia.

Only the genie who grants a wish can undo the wish.

Rule twenty-one.

Camel! Evasive action! Whoa! Is that a flying camel? Whoa-ho! Ha ha! Sure is! Uh-oh! I think he's angry! Dive! Huh? ( Roland screams ) ( Roland exclaiming ) Whoa! Over there! That's right! You wish it, I'll grant it! Not this time, bub.

We got ya, Kazeem.

There's nowhere to fly.

Now get back in your lamp with your hands up.

Please, Kazeem.

Do what he says.

Quick, kids! Wish for Sergeant Fizz to be stuck in that lamp, and I'll grant all of your wishes! No! Don't do it, kids! ALL: I wish Sergeant Fizz was stuck in the lamp.

Kablooey! Of all the dirty tricks.

FIZZ: Officer down! Officer down! Sergeant Fizz! Thanks, guys! Now come with me and I'll grant all your fun-tastic wishes! Sergeant Fizz? Sergeant Fizz! He's getting away! Come back out, Sarge! FIZZ: I can't.

Only the genie who grants a wish can undo the wish, remember? Rule twenty-one.

That's right.

You're stuck until Kazeem lets you out! Ohh! If only I hadn't opened that box, none of this would have happened! FIZZ: There's no time to play the blame game.

Kazeem's still out there wreaking magical havoc, and it's up to you to stop him.

You're the Genie Patrol now, Sofia.

Make me proud, partner.

Uh, you still there? Yes! And I won't let you down, Sarge.

Let's catch that genie! ( siren wails ) Look at all the balloons! Thanks, Kazeem! Pet elephants? ALL: Yay! These kids sure love elephants.

( siren approaches ) Genie Patrol! Stop right there! Gotta go! Whoa! ( laughing ) ( elephant trumpets ) ( all screaming ) ROLAND: Whoa! All right, looks like we lost that camel.

Maybe now we can slow down? And find Sofia.

There she is! Carpet, follow that princess! Whoa! ( exclaiming ) Balloons?! Whoa! Aw, come on! Kazeem, I let you out of the lamp, you have to grant my wishes.

It's rule number one.

Now stop running away! You have to catch me first! ( Sofia exclaims ) That's the best you can do? ( laughs ) Come on! I'm not even breaking a sweat! SOFIA: Stop! Kazeem, stop! Kazeem, get back in your lamp right now! Another boring suggestion by Princess Sofia! ( Sofia yells ) FIZZ: What's happening? You okay, partner? Yeah, I'm okay.

Nyah-nyah! Kazeem! I'm not going back in that lamp, Princess Sofia! There.

Perfect.

I just wish we had more entertainment for the party tonight.

Jugglers, perhaps.

Jugglers? I'll give you something better than that! Kablooey! Are those monkeys? Oh, no! You're welcome! Stop! My place settings! Oh, no! The party! Watch out for the bananas, Miranda! ALL: Whoa! Look out! ( crash ) ( all panting ) Mom? Dad? Oh! Hello there! Still got your spunk, I see.

Are you okay? Yes.

No.

QUEEN FARNAZ: What happened out here? Ahh, Zandar! What did I tell you about letting monkeys in the palace! But Dad-- He didn't do anything, Your Majesty.

I did.

Sofia! What do you mean? I was supposed to deliver a box to you, but I peeked inside and accidentally let out a genie.

He's been granting wishes all over Tangu.

( elephant trumpets in distance ) ( crash ) A lot of wishes.

Oh, Sofia.

You were supposed to bring the box straight here without opening it.

I know.

I'm sorry.

Send word that tonight's party is canceled.

By your command, King Habib.

But Dad, everyone wants to see the new museum.

We'll clean everything up.

I promise.

My dear, there is simply no way your or any of us can get the palace straightened up in time! Not to mention tracking down that genie.

But I want to fix the mess I caused.

Please give me a chance, Your Majesties.

What could you possibly do, Princess Sofia? ( gasps ) Fizz! What is "Fizz"? ( monkey chittering ) Oh, Fizz, I wish you weren't stuck in there! I can't catch Kazeem, and they're going to cancel the party! FIZZ: It's a cryin' shame, kid.

And Kazeem thinks he's making people happy.

If only he knew.

Hmm.

Maybe he should know.

Come again? If I can get Kazeem to see unhappy he's made everyone, then maybe he'll undo all his wishes! It's a longshot, but it just might work.

Mom, Dad, I know what to do, but I'll need your help.

Good, because I'm not letting you out of my sight again.

I just need a few minutes, King Habib.

( whistles ) Hop on! Oh, why can't we take a cooaaach? Okay, who's next? Step right up and make a wish! Ah! What a beautiful day! I wish we could sit up on that cloud and look down at all of Tangu.

Yes, and it would be nice if a genie would keep us company.

Yes, it would! Now, that is a fun-tastic wish! Kablooey! Ahh.

What a view! Mm-hmm! ( elephants trumpeting ) Hey, what's all that commotion down there? It's all the wishes I've granted.

See how happy I've made everyone? But are they really happy, Kazeem? Huh? W-What do you mean? Take a closer look.

The elephants are running wild.

The giant cookies are crushing al the kids' presents.

And the monkeys ruined the party.

That's not fun-tastic at all.

That's why there are genie rules, Kazeem-- so things don't get out of hand.

I see what you mean.

(sighs) Okay, I'll follow the rules.

Great.

You can start by granting my three wishes.

All right.

What's your first wish? I wish for you to let Sergeant Fizz out of your lamp.

Do I have to? It's my wish.

Okay.

Kablooey.

You are under arrest, bub.

You have the right to remain magical.

Any wish you grant can and will be used against you in a court of whimsy.

You have the right to a wizard.

If you can't afford a wizard, one will be appointed to you by the kingdom.

Do you understand these rights and wrongs as they're been read to you? Mm-hmm.

Wait, Sergeant Fizz.

Kazeem is ready to follow the genie rules.

He's granting my three wishes right now.

Is this true? Yes, Sergeant! And I'm sorry I put you in the lamp.

Well, you should be.

For my second wish, I'd like you to undo all the other wishes you made today.

Your wish is my command.

Kablooey! Thank you, Kazeem.

The party is back on! Please, everyone, let's join the festivities.

Well, Sofia, you have one more wish.

I know.

Kazeem, I need you to get back in the lamp.

No! You have to! You belong in the lamp.

And the lamp belongs to the king and queen of Tangu.

But it gets lonely in there.

Hey, it gets lonely being the only officer in the Genie Patrol.

But not every wish comes true.

Hmm.

But maybe this one can.

What do you mean? I'll be right back.

Here's your lamp, King Habib.

But would you mind if the genie didn't go back inside? I know a place where he'd be much happier, and stay out of trouble.

Hmmthat is fine with us.

Great.

Kazeem, for my last wish, I wish for you to join the Genie Patrol.

If that's okay with both of you.

Okay? It sounds fun-tastic! Now, wait just a second.

You said it gets lonely being the only patrolman.

Now you'll have a partner.

All the time.

I suppose he could start off as a junior patrolman.

After you learn all the genie rules.

I will! I promise! Welcome to the Genie Patrol, kid.

Thank you, Sergeant Fizz! It won't be the same without youpartner.

ZANDAR: Sofia, it's time for our carpet dance! Well, we never rehearsed, but the show must fly on! Well, you ready to learn the genie rules, Kazeem? I sure am! All right, then.

We'll start with rule fifty-two: Always make a big entrance and a bigger exit.

( cheers, applause )