01x18 - What's Important Is...

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Fruits Basket". Aired: 5 July 2001 – 27 December 2001.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Tohru Honda is 16 year old orphaned girl who gets invited to live in the house of her classmate, the handsome boy Sohma Yuki, and his cousins, 16 year old Kyo and 27 year old Shigure.

01x18 - What's Important Is...

Post by bunniefuu »

I was so very happy when you smiled at me, A smile that melted everything away.

Spring is still far away, and within the cold ground, I awaited the time when sprouts would put forth their buds.

Even supposing today there may have been some pain, And though the scars of yesterday remain, You can go on living as much as your heart wants to believe.

You cannot be born again, although You can go on changing yourself, and so Let's stay together, always.

Today as always, off goes Ari! No matter what comes up, he will trudge on through! (Mogeta!) Aritamisdon Paninataios is far too long, and so (Moge moge!) I have everyone call me Ari for short.

(Mogeta!) Hey, look at that, Tohru.

What?

Hanajima is chatting with Kinoshita.

Oh, you're right! Could they have become friends?

Don't be silly! Hanajima hates her type, right?

I have a feeling they're planning something sneaky for her.

Oh, here she comes.

Hey, Hanajima! Dear me What's the matter?

Were they picking on you?

They asked if they could come over to my house today, since they want to gather information on a special story about vibes for the next school paper.

What are they going to do with a special piece like that?

Dunno.

However, I felt some sort of intense, menacing vibes from them.

So, did you okay them?

Of course I did.

If they're selling those vibes, then I'm buying.

All right! Attagirl! It's so suspicious, it's got to be interesting.

Can I come by on my way home from work?

Yes, of course.

Tohru-kun, are you coming too?

Today, I have to work until into the evening, so I can't I see.

Why is it so!?

Today, Yuki-kun looks even more beautiful and brilliant than usual! What is it?

Is it the majestic brilliance that comes from being our student council president next term?

No, that's not it! It is the brilliance of a prince, Yuki's inherent light! Motoko-sempai! "Operation: Infiltrate the Vibe Girl's House" is a success! Well done.

Very well done, Minami-san, No.

1, No.

Right! So then, does the Vibe Girl suspect anything?

No, not at all! It was easy to get her to okay everything! She was all too willing! It was almost unreal! Huh?

Unreal?

Unreal?

Unreal Magnificent! Let us pray that this profound, grand project enjoys continued success! Everyone, come, let us do as always! Abbreviated Prince Yuki Vice-President Kinoshita Minami-san! Here! Member No.

1, Yamagishi Mio-san! Here! Member No.

2, Goto Mai-san! Here! And myself, Prince Yuki President Minagawa Motoko! The four of us together are certain to succeed at "Operation: Exterminate Honda Tohru!" "Prince Yuki:" The fan club of Sohma Yuki at Kaibara High School.

It is said that its membership numbers greater than half of the female student body at Kaibara High School.

The substance of its activities are "for all to praise, love, and defend the prince that has descended upon our school," but in plainer terms, this means "don't go getting the jump on me, you bitch.

" To that end, the rules of the club are strict, and absolute.

For one, we do not steal the prince's personal items.

For one, we do not all go over to the prince's house.

"Puriyuki [Prince Yuki]

News" For one, we do not all go over to the prince's house.

For one, we only speak to him when there are two or more of us present.

For one, we address the prince in the following manner: Third year students, "Yuki.

" "Yuki.

" "Today's Yuki" Second year students, "Yuki-kun.

" "Yuki-kun.

" "Yuki's Cultural Festival dress" First year students, "Sohma-kun.

" "Sohma-kun.

" Those that go against these rules, even if they are not a member of the club, may or may not receive stern punishment.

Hail the prince! What are you guys doing?

Go on home, now.

You won't get away with it! On top of being frivolous, you think that when you graduate, you can circumvent our well-ordered club activities! The intolerable activities of Honda Tohru are many! Honda Tohru That girl is a witch! If our lovely Yuki is taken in by that witch, and falls in love, love, love with him, I'll Please, stop! We must protect Yuki-kun from witches such as her! But then If that's the case, why are we infiltrating the Vibe Girl's house, and not Honda Tohru's?

No.

2, that is a good question.

What it comes down to is that the witch is under the protection of a devil with powerful strength.

"The Devil Appears!!" "The Devil Appears!!" A devil with control over harmful vibes! When it comes to those harmful vibes, only those of us who have taken them can truly understand them.

Ah! Something's coming at me! - You become bedridden for a week, and during that time, - They're they're here! - You hear voices in your head, and no one will believe you - twelve messengers have come from heaven, at the bidding of our king! I know just how you feel, Minami-san.

Uotani Arisa is a Yankee, but at least she's human.

There are still ways for us to match up against her! However, as for Hanajima, she's not human! She has gone well beyond human limitations.

That's absolutely right! And so, if we want to exterminate the witch, we must first get the devil that protects her to withdraw! That is why any failures in this "Operation: Infiltrate the Vibe Girl's House" are unacceptable.

No matter what it takes, we must find the devil's weakness, and using that weakness, we must contain her harmful vibes! In short, this is in order to protect our precious Yuki's heart! Let's do our best, everyone! Right! This way.

We're turning.

Ah, mm-hmm H- Hanajima-san, you take a train to get to school?

Everyone, you must not be timid.

Be stalwart! We will face the devil with stalwart hearts! Right! Yeah, but What sort of house does Hanajima-san live in, anyhow?

"The Devil's Manor" Sempai, what would you do if it seriously was such an outlandish place?

I'd dash right on out of there! We're here.

It's ordinary! Oh yeah, that's right, you all are better off not saying your real names within this house.

Why?

Y- yow! Yow! Yow! - Motoko-sempai! - Sempai! Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave! Pardon the intrusion.

A piano! Incredible! No.

2! Sorry.

It's unexpectedly ordinary on the inside, too.

Do not let your guard down.

I have that calendar too! It's so cu~te! It sure is! Where do they sell them?

That one place in front of the train station the one that's always closed - The long one?

- Yes, yes, there! It's June now - It is nice, huh?

- Isn't it?

- Let's go buy one tomorrow! - Okay! Let's go! You guys?

You know, the tension is being lifted! Ow, ow! Shh! It really is ordinary, huh?

Really ordinary.

She did go up to the second floor, right?

Do you hear something?

Mm-mm, nothing.

It's like wheat being cut down I've never heard that.

In here, maybe?

Over here.

Her room is ordinary too! Thank goodness! Enough of that, No.

1! I remember these! It was the sound coming from this! The one earlier?

This is the sound that wheat makes?

These used to be popular! The black ones! I had one too! The room is black too, huh?

So this is the sound it makes.

I wonder why we can't say our real names.

Okay then, No.

2, if you have time enough to prattle, you should be searching for the devil's weakness! But, our real names Everyone, now, while the devil is busy preparing tea for us! Right! Anything goes.

Diaries, photos, poems Poems! That hurts! That's right, that's right! And if it comes to that, check her underwear Thank you for waiting.

H- Hanajima-san, there's something something something behind that sliding door! Ah, Megumi?

My younger brother.

That is Megumi's room over there.

Megumi, don't hide in there, come say hello.

- B- brother?

- He saw us! A pleasure Come on all the way out, would you!?

It's not Tohru-san and Arisa-san, huh?

Saki, are these new friends?

No.

We happen to go to the same school, and we happen to be of the same sex, but they are total strangers.

Is that sarcasm!?

H- he looks just like his older sister! That is not so.

You do look identical! Like mirror images of each other! Um, Megumi kun?

Megumi-kun, do you, you know, emit vibes, or anything?

No, I can't do that.

All I can do is place curses on others.

I'm particularly good at turning back curses that have already been turned back at me once.

I'm kind of proud of it.

Such a strange boy, huh?

You don't say, you don't say! C- curses?

You can't mean How do you?

Names.

If I know the person's name, I can easily cast any curse on them.

Come to mention it I still haven't heard what your names are.

So now, it would be rude of us to stay too long.

Let us finish our business here quickly, and be off and away from here, like a bracing May wind! Your names?

Let's quickly ask our questions, then quickly go on home! Yes, indeed! Seriously! Sempai, I want to go home right now! You must not! Remember for what reason we have come here! That's right! We have to at least get to the point of what we're asking.

Hanajima-san, do you have any weaknesses?

That's too much to the point, you moron! Yes, I do.

What!?

About that You all are Sohma Yuki's fan club, right?

Ulp! Recently, Sohma Yuki has become friends with Tohru-kun, and this must not sit well with you, right?

You must want to engage in bashing Tohru-kun, right?

- However, I wonder, are you afraid that I would get in the way - Something's coming at me! of your doing so?

Even so, looking for my weaknesses that is a considerably childish way of going about things.

That was a dirty trick, using your vibes to read our minds! I haven't read your minds.

Stop this.

I guess we have no choice.

As you said, we find the witch I mean, Honda Tohru to be extremely offensive.

How about this?

Could we have you tell Honda Tohru for us?

To observe a little more distance between her and Yuki?

That is up to the two of them, isn't it?

Actions that arise out of jealousy are nothing but disgraceful.

It's not jealousy! We're just fed up with her! That's right! Who does she think she is!?

What does that girl know about Yuki?

What do you know about Tohru-kun?

I feel sorry for the way Tohru-kun is being made a mockery of, over the likes of Yuki.

"The likes of?

" "The likes of," you dare say!?

Did you hear that?

Did you hear that, everyone?

Yes, we did indeed hear it! That's what you get for deriding Tohru-kun.

You're the one who is deriding Yuki, and us as well! You, with those drone-like eyes! You mean to make fools of us with those eyes of yours! My eyes are the same as always.

I we really like Yuki! We love him! Do you know how much Honda Tohru's actions have trampled upon our feelings?

When she makes that face as if Yuki as if she is the one that Yuki likes most! She's toying with Yuki, and it's gone too far! If you like him, you can't think that he will excuse you for anything you say.

If you like him, and you think that he will excuse you for anything that you do, you should reconsider.

You cannot forget that when someone comes up against a highly once-sided affection, it becomes a heavy burden on the other, and there are even times when it hurts them.

You cannot forget to respect the other's feelings, and have a considerate heart.

- Wha!?

- Otherwise, in the end, you will be disliked by them.

Minami-san Mio-san No.

2-san Motoko san Today as always, off goes Ari! No matter what comes up, he will trudge on through! (Mogeta!) Please board now.

The doors are about to close.

Tohru?

Uo-chan! Didn't you have to work?

I left early That kid! When did he find out our names!?

Was it when we were searching the house?

Motoko-sempai, the Vibe said she was going to make tea.

I don't want any.

Minami-san, Mio-san, be stalwart! Be stalwart, and drink the tea! If harmful vibes make you bedridden for a week a curse will last a month! No, we might not even get off with just being bedridden! "No.

2!" He called me "No.

2!" The curse won't work with just "No.

2," right?

I'm saved! Did I do something I shouldn't have?

No.

I've actually been a little jealous too, you know.

It's as if those Sohma folks are holding Tohru-kun, and I miss her a little.

However You cannot forget to have a considerate heart.

That's right And so, I shouldn't ask of her selfishly, huh?

I shouldn't become like those four, huh?

When I said "the likes of," I was speaking poorly of Sohma Yuki, too.

They're good examples of what not to be.

Yes?

'Sup?

Hana-chan! We met at the train station.

Hana-chan, um, what happened to Kinoshita-san and the others?

Tohru-kun?

It's been a long time, Tohru-san, Arisa-san 'Sup! Ah, yes! It has been a long time, Megumi-san.

My first treasure, - They all went home.

- It looks like Tohru was worried about you.

- Um, did anything happen?

- It looks like Tohru was worried about you.

I have come to love you as much as this.

No, everything is okay.

What, those guys already went home?

- Thank goodness! Then they really were just gathering information.

- Holding someone dear means that there will be difficult times My strong, and yet weak heart, I've done an unjustifiable thing by doubting Kinoshita-san and the others.

My strong, and yet weak heart, and times when you miss them Sometimes grows lonesome.

However, Sometimes grows lonesome.

It is something that makes you happy.

It is something that makes you happy.

When you smile, that's all it takes for me to be happy, All right, Megumi, for old time's sake, how about we wolf down some dumplings?

When you smile, that's all it takes for me to be happy, Sure And all is rewarded.

I'll go make some tea.

Tohru-kun, will you have some dumplings too?

And all is rewarded.

On days when my head hangs low, all I can see from here is the mud, Yes! On days when my head hangs low, all I can see from here is the mud, On days when my head hangs low, all I can see from here is the mud, Sure enough, On days when my head hangs low, all I can see from here is the mud, My weakness has always been On days when my head hangs low, all I can see from here is the mud, My weakness has always been But now, I am looking up at the sky.

Tohru-kun.

But now, I am looking up at the sky.

Good day.

- Good day.

- Good day.

Yesterday, we may have run away in defeat, but we are by no means giving up against you! When you turn your back and you don't know what to do, As you like.

Oh When you turn your back and you don't know what to do, The curse will take effect in three days.

I'd like to call out to you.

H- Hanajima-san don't tell us there's an actual curse?

I'd like to call out to you.

We'll see.

Your answer will come in three days.

And when your shoulders are soaking from the pouring rain, Um uh And when your shoulders are soaking from the pouring rain, You are a devil! Body and soul, you are a devil! Motoko-sempai, please calm down.

I'd like to embrace you right away.

In three days! In three days! I'd like to embrace you right away.

Whatever happened at Hana-chan's house still remains wrapped in mystery.

Whatever happened at Hana-chan's house still remains wrapped in mystery.

For always and whenever, you don't have to be looking for me, When Hana-chan is troubled, what can I do for her?

For always and whenever, you don't have to be looking for me, I would know you any day.

Mother, I think I'd like the strength to protect those who I hold dear.

I would know you any day.

It's not a mighty power that unlocks the heart, I'm sorry I said something so awful about you.

It's not a mighty power that unlocks the heart, Now that I think about it, you must have it hard as well, huh?

It's not a mighty power that unlocks the heart, It's the sincere emotions that you feel.

Yes, the same way Hana-chan is always protecting me.

It's the sincere emotions that you feel.

Yes, the same way Hana-chan is always protecting me.

Now let us circle together, around a pleasant dinner.

Come, take today's tears, and make them tomorrow's strength.

La, la, la Wonderful love and life La, la, la Adorable love and life La, la, la Wonderful love and life Listen up! Anyone that got a red mark in even one of their subjects will have a make-up examination this Sunday! [Groan]

Right, right.

If you don't like taking make-up exams, then don't get red marks in the first place! You got some?

I'm so pathetic.

How could I get a red mark?

Aah! Everything before my eyes is starting to wobble! A fever!?

Thirty-eight point two degrees.

It's a cold!