01x05 - Redwood

Complete collection of episode transcripts for seasons 1 - 7. Aired: September 2008 to February 2015.*

Moderator: Maggiemay19

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A famous "psychic" outs himself as a fake and starts working as a consultant for the California Bureau of Investigation so he can find "Red John," the madman who k*lled his wife and daughter.

01x05 - Redwood

Post by bunniefuu »

Redwood Point, in the forest

Sheriff Nelson: The girls were last seen leaving Sullivan's tavern, 1:00 in the morning. A truck driver spotted the car around 5:30 and called it in. Look, I only have four deputies. Only a couple of them have ever seen a body k*lled in anger. If what we have here is a homicide, I'm gonna need some help.

Lisbon: Just to be clear, except in special circumstances, We don't help out. We take over. You need to be okay with that.

Sheriff Nelson: Okay. I guess.

Jane (To Sheriff): She's not really a morning person. She'll improve.

Lisbon: Names of the missing women?

Sheriff Nelson: Nicole Gilbert and Kara Palmer. Local girls, both 21. Work together at hunting store in town. Last night was Nicole's engagement party.

Lisbon: The car was found exactly like this?

Sheriff Nelson: Yep. Well, no. Uh, the door was open just like that. We popped the runk. Ah, yep. Dead as a dodo.

Jane looks at the car. Lisbon tries to start it

Sheriff Nelson: No gas either. They must have left it running.

Cho: Hey, there's a different set of tire tracks here that pulled off the road. A truck or big S.U.V., looks like.

Lisbon: They're still fresh. Must be from the trucker who called in the car. Make sure forensics gets a mold.

Cho: Yep.

Jane: What's going on with your dog?

Parker: Oh, he's confused somehow. This behavior? He's saying, "hey,look! Here they are!" Give me my slim jim already.

Sheriff Nelson: Parker, do you have a better dog close by somewhere?

Parker: Sir, this is the best dog in the county. Come on, Dexter. People are waiting on us.

Jane: Did you look under the car?

Sheriff Nelson: Under the car?

Jane: Yeah.

Sheriff Nelson: Of course we looked under the car. Oh, crap.

Cho and Sheriff look under the car

Jane: One or two?

Cho: One.

Sheriff Nelson: It's Kara Palmer.

Jane: So... Where's Nicole Gilbert?

They look for Nicole

Policemans: Nicole!

Parker: Good boy, Dexter. He's got her on lock now.

Jane: Is there any way to tell from the scent trail how fast Nicole was moving?

Parker: Oh, sure. Dexter's detecting skin cells. They fall off your body all the time at a pretty consistent rate.

Policemans: Nicole!

Parker: So the faster you move, the thinner the trail you leave.

Jane: So are we following Nicole on foot or Nicole tied up in the back of a truck?

Parker: I don't know.

Jane: You said you can tell how fast she was moving.

Parker: Oh, Dexter can tell. I'm just walking behind him.

Policeman: Nicole, can you hear us?!

Lisbon: Tell us about Kara and Nicole.

Sheriff Nelson: I've known them practically their whole lives. Kara was a real sweetheart. You'll find no one around here will say a bad word about Kara Palmer. Churchgoing family, no trouble at all.

Jane: Meaning Nicole Gilbert was trouble.

Sheriff Nelson: Nicole... well, she had her problems. dr*gs and drug-related
foolishness mostly. Fraud, petty theft.

Lisbon: Any violent offenses?

Sheriff Nelson: No. No.

Policeman: Nicole!

Sheriff Nelson: No, she was more of a troubled soul than a bad person. Tough life. Her mom d*ed when she was 7. Her father raised her on meth and hot dogs. He's in prison now for drug dealing. Kara and her family were all the stability Nicole ever had.

Jane: So she and Kara were good friends. Odd match.

Sheriff Nelson: Yeah, real close since they were little. In a small town, you
don't choose your friends. They're the same age. They're female. That's enough. (Policeman arrives) Kyle, boys, thank you for coming.

Kyle: Sheriff. Where do you want us?

Sheriff Nelson: Well, you know this valley as well as anyone. Just pick your spots.

Kyle: Do we know if she's armed?

Lisbon: What do you know about this case?

Kyle: Uh, same thing as everybody else, I guess. Some badass townie girl got mad drunk, Stabbed her friend to dealer and ran off into the woods.

Lisbon: Kara Palmer d*ed from loss of blood. Nicole Gilbert is missing. Maybe she ran off. Maybe she was abducted. We don't know. Don't assume anything.

Kyle: Message received and understood, ma'am. All right, fellas. (They

Lisbon: You knew Nicole. You think she did this?

Sheriff Nelson: Who knows what others are capable of? She sure had built up a lot of bad Karma. But I don't know. She seemed to be turning her life around.

Lisbon: Bad Karma doesn't have an expiration date.

Jane: Uh, actually, it does, According to traditionnel buddhist teachings. I'm counting on it.

Lisbon leaves

Lisbon: Let's go.

Palmer's House, she gives tea to Van Pelt and Rigsby

Mr. Palmer: People in town are already saying Nicole did this. But I don't believe it. She will have to tell me herself that she did this before I believe it. Nicole loved our daughter, and we loved Nicole almost like she was our own.

Mrs Palmer: Almost.

Mr. Palmer: Why... why would she k*ll her? She had her troubles, lord knows, but... she wasn't crazy.

Rigsby: Has there been any tension between them recently? (To Mrs Palmer) Oh, nothing.

Mr. Palmer: No. None at all.

Mrs Palmer: Well...

Van Pelt: Yes?

Mrs Palmer: That boy. That... That fiance of Nicole's.

Van Pelt: Jason... O'toole.

Mrs Palmer: We never met him but once or twice, and he seemed nice enough.

Mr. Palmer: He works lumber. You know how those fellas are. Like to play the buck. All but sleep at Sullivan's tavern.

Mrs Palmer: But, you know, these days, you have to look past the piercings and the tatous and all that, don't you? But Kara didn't think much of him.

Van Pelt: No?

Mrs Palmer: Didn't approve. I think there might have been some tension there.

Rigsby: What was her problem with Jason?

Mrs Palmer: Oh, I guess just a feeling that he wasn't trustworthy, you know? But Nicole was in love, and she thought Kara was just jalouse 'cause Kara didn't have a boyfriend.

Rigsby: Did Jason ever get violent with Nicole?

Mrs Palmer: No. Not that I heard, but I wouldn't be surprised. Nicole had her fair share of that type.

Van Pelt: Kara didn't have a boyfriend?

Mrs Palmer: Kara could've had anyone she liked. But have you seen the men around here? It's all drunken lumberjacks and hippie pot farmers. Kara had... she had higher standards than that. (She cry)

In the forest:

Sheriff Nelson: What's the problem now, Parker?

Parker: Trail's cold, sheriff.

Sheriff Nelson: Best dog in the county, huh?

Parker: Come on.

Sheriff Nelson: Nicole!

Jane: She can't answer you.

Lisbon: Or doesn't want to.

Jane: No, she's a c*ptive or dead.

Sheriff Nelson: How do you know that?

Jane: How far have we come? What, 5 miles? Nicole would've been barefoot, probably drunk. It was a dark night. There's no way she could cover that distance. Someone must have her in a vehicle, and Dexter lost the scent.

Sheriff Nelson: Okay. So you're in charge now. What do we do?

Jane: It's close to evening. Call off the search. Gather everybody together and...

Sheriff Nelson: Give up? There's a girl missing.

Jane: Tell me, of the men on this search party, Which one would you guess is a violent sexual predator?

Sheriff Nelson: What kind of question is that?

Jane: Whose name just popped into your head? Someone's did. Huh? There's always someone.

Sheriff Nelson: This is your method? Asking people to guess whodunit? Strange kind of detective work you guys do.

Lisbon: Jane's being dramatic, But if somebody did victimize Kara and Nicole, statistics show that they'd be really like to join the search party.

Jane: They enjoy the deceit. It's like being the invisible man.

Sheriff Nelson: Is that right?

Jane: Yeah. So gather up the search party. Let me have a cr*ck at them.

Lisbon: He gets results.

Sheriff Nelson: I know all these guys. I'll vouch for every one of them. Well, most of them. I'll call them in.

Cho and Rigsby are in front of Sullivan's tavern. Jason O'Toole comes out.

Cho: Jason O'Toole?

Jason: Get your truck outta my way.

Rigsby: We need to talk to you about Nicole Gilbert.

Jason: I don't have time for this, guys.

Rigsby: Let's have a little chat.

They enter Sullivan's tavern

Cho: Where were you going in such a hurry, Jason?

Jason: Back to the woods to find Nicole.

Rigsby: How do you know she was in the woods?

Jason: I don't. I hope she's in the woods. Because if she's not in the woods, then she can be anywhere in the frickin' world, right?

Rigsby: Why not search with the rest of the town?

Jason: Nah, I cover more ground alone.

Cho: Why did Kara drive Nicole home after the party? Why didn't you?

Jason: Because I was too drunk.

Cho: Or maybe you two had a fight.

Jason: No. We were celebrating our engagement.

Cho: That's right about when the fights start.

Jason: We video'd the whole thing. Okay? You can watch it and see. There's no fighting.

Cho: We'll do that. Where is that video?

Jason: It's in my truck.

Rigsby: There's this whole Kara issue we have to talk about. Maybe that blew up, huh?

Jason: What issue?

Rigsby: Well, Kara didn't like you, didn't think you were good enough for Nicole, thought you were untrustworthy.

Jason: That's funny. is that what you do? You try to get me all upset or something so I look guilty?

Cho: Does it upset you? That Kara didn't like you? She was trying to undermine you?

Jason: I couldn't care less, okay? Because it's not true anyhow. Kara liked me well enough. Least I never heard her say different.

Cho: Where were you between 1:00 and 7:00 a.m. last night?

Jason: I was here, passed out on the floor.

Redwood Point

Sheriff Nelson: We'll regroup in the morning, first light. Before you go, Patrick Jane from the CBI would like to have a word with all of you.

Jane: Thanks, sheriff Nelson. I want you to look at me, all of you, and listen closely. I'd like you to raise your hands above your heads like this. (He gets his hands) Both hands. You, too, sheriff. And you, agent Lisbon. Please. Good. Very good. One of you... one of you here k*lled Kara Palmer and abducted Nicole Gilbert.I want that person to lower their right hand now. (Nobody doing) Uh, okay. Okay, uh, usually gets a hit. Forget I even spoke.

Sheriff's radio: Sheriff Nelson, We have a 1028 reported
on Nicole Gilbert... a gas station convenience store. I repeat, 1028 on Nicole Gilbert.

In the station, Nicole is sat. She has a Kn*fe and is writing

To hospital

Doctor: She had a nasty blow to her head, moderate concussion. Her feet are badly abraded and she has a lot of minor scratches and bruises. Mild hypothermia. Physically, she'll be fine in a day or so. Mentally, it's another story. When you brought her in, she was in some kind of a psychotic state. We've medicated her to take the edge off that, but she's still in deep shock. She has no memory at all of the events that brought her here.

Sheriff Nelson: That's convenient. If I just stabbed my best friend to death, I'd want to forget, too. As soon as she's well enough, I'm charging her and taking her to jail.

Lisbon: Sheriff, you have custody of Nicole, but the CBI's leading this investigation. I decide when to file charges. We don't have the full facts yet.

Sheriff Nelson: Facts? She's covered in blood. She's carrying what looks
to be the m*rder w*apon, which the forensic guys say has Kara's blood on it. What more do you want?

Lisbon: If she well enough to speak to?

Doctor: As long as you're gentle with her.

Jane: Have you told her Kara's dead?

Doctor: No. We don't want to upset her.

Jane: Mm.

Doctor: She's very fragile.

They enter the bedroom

Lisbon: Nicole? My name is Teresa Lisbon. I'm with the California Bureau of Investigation.

Nicole: Hi.

Lisbon: We want to ask you a few questions about what happened to you and Kara.

Nicole: I told the doctor I can't remember.

Lisbon: That's okay. What's the last thing you do remember?

Nicole: My party. I remember leaving Sullivan's and getting in the car with Kara. You know where my fiance is?

Lisbon: Do you remember anything else about the party?

Nicole: We had a good time.

Lisbon: Nothing bad or unusual happened?

Nicole: No. We drank a lot... Danced. Where's Kara?

Lisbon: You and Kara left the Sullivan in her car. Then what happened?

Nicole: I don't know. I don't know. that's what I'm telling you. The next thing I remember, I was in this bed. What's wrong with me? What happened? Where's... where's Kara? Why won't anyone tell me anything?

Lisbon: Shh. It's okay.

Jane: She's dead.

Lisbon: Jane!

Jane: Stabbed to death.

Nicole (crying): No.

Lisbon: Why did you say that?

Jane: She was gonna find out at some point.

Lisbon: The doctor said to be gentle.

Jane: Ah, doctors. Open your eyes, Nicole. Look at me. Open your eyes. (She opens his) I told you the trust because you can handle it. You have to. You will. Tell me you will. (She says yes with his head) What you have to do now, you have to remember what happened. Close your eyes and remember.

Lisbon: Jane...

Flashback

Jane: Close your eyes. You were driving with Kara down Flagship road.

Nicole: Pull over.

Kara: What?

Nicole: Pull over!

Jane: Why did you stop?

She gets out the car

Nicole: I was feeling sick.

A man arrives

Nicole: Hey. There's a man.

Lisbon: What does he look like?

Nicole: I don't know. I can't see. It's dark. I can hear... a loud rushing sound, like water.

Jane: Then what happened?

Nicole: I... I don't know. I can't remember.

Jane: You have to.

Nicole: No, I can't.

Nicole: I can't remember.

Nicole: No, I can't. I...

The doctor arrives

Doctor: What have you been doing to her? Out!

Sheriff, Lisbon and Jane leave the bedroom

Sheriff Nelson: That's bull. She's got amnesia, but not so badly she can't finger somebody else for k*lling Kara. Rushing water, my ass.

Jane: No, she's telling the truth. Something happened... something too horrible for her mind to handle. Her memory's blocked.

Sheriff Nelson: Well, even if that's true. Maybe it's bloque because she k*lled Kara.

Jane: Well, it's possible. I don't think so. I think she's a victim.

Sheriff Nelson: How can you tell?

Jane: It's in her eyes.

Sheriff Nelson: Oh. Well, then... why didn't you say so? It's in her eyes.Here's me looking for facts.

Jane: Why would she k*ll her best friend? What's her, uh, motive?

Sheriff Nelson: Why do women k*ll other women?

Lisbon: Over men.

Sheriff Nelson: Could've been fighting over Jason, though he's no Brad Pitt.

Jane: She was covered in blood.

Lisbon: Yes?

Jane: But it rained. It rained hard for a good few hours last night. Only when they recovered Nicole, she was still covered in blood. so...

Lisbon: So she must've been under good cover when it rained. She must've been indoors.

Sheriff Nelson: She was hiding.

Jane: Or she was a c*ptive, probably near the river... hence the sound of rushing water.

Lisbon calls Rigsby

Rigsby: Rigsby.

Lisbon: Rigsby, get a couple park rangers and organize a search of all the empty summer cabins, storage units and sheds within earshot of the river... caves, too. Oh, and, Rigsby, have Van Pelt set up the video Jason sh*t at the party at Sullivan's tavern.

Rigsby: You got it, boss.

Lisbon hangs up

Lisbon: Let's go.

She leaves

Jane: Hmm. Uh, sheriff? There's a man out there that needs to silence Nicole before she recovers her memory.

Sheriff Nelson: So you say.

Jane: So I say. No one should enter her room. Make sure your men keep her safe.

Sheriff Nelson: I know my business. You mind yours, whatever in the heck it is.

Sheriff's Office. The Team watch a video.

Van Pelt: How's Jason's alibi look?

Cho: Alibi's solid. Several people saw him passed out at the bar.

Jane: Damn. Nelson was right.

Cho: About what?

Jane: Look at Jason's camera work. He's torn between Nicole and Kara.

Kara: I love this girl. I love this girl.

Nicole: And I love you, baby.

Cho: So he had a thing for Kara. It's no proof of motive unless Nicole knew about it.

Jane: And it doesn't look like they're feuding over him, does it?

Nicole: I'm getting married!

Nicole and Kara: Whoo! Whoo!

Lisbon: Wait. Stop right there. Run it back. There. The guy at the bar staring at Kara, in the baseball cap.

Van Pelt: I can blow it up.

Lisbon: Yeah, let's get a better look at that hat.

Van Pelt: "Earthly Pure." What is that?

Lisbon: That's the brand of cosmetics we found in Kara's vehicle. Can we match that image to the D.M.V. database?

Van Pelt: I can try.

Cho: Rulon Farnes.

Van Pelt: Truck driver for Earthly Pure Cosmetics. I can call the company, see if I can get a track on him.

Lisbon: Mm, yeah.

Lisbon's phone rings

Lisbon: Anything?

Rigsby: We searched every cabin and shack along the river. Nothing.

Lisbon: Have them drop you back at the station.

Rigsby: Okay, boss.

Jane begins to leave

Lisbon: Where you going?

Jane: For a walk.

Hospital, Jane is in Nicole's room

Jane: How you doing?

Nicole: People are saying that I k*lled Kara. That's why there's a policeman outside, so that I don't escape.

Jane: Hmm. Did you... k*ll Kara?

Nicole: I don't know. I don't think I did. I do you think I did?

Jane: No. Why would you k*ll Kara?

Nicole: Yeah. Why would I k*ll her? But the thing is, I don't know. I don't think I did, but... I don't know.

We hear a scream

Policeman: Hey! Hey, where you going?!

Jason: Take your hands off of me!

Policeman: Don't make me tase you, son.

Kyle: Guys, come on. Everybody just take it down a notch.

Jane: Uh, what's going on?

Policeman: He was trying to sneak in to see her.

Jason: I was just... I was crying to see my girl, all right? I was just walking through!

Jane: Nobody's allowed to see her right now.

Policeman: Come on.

Jane: Wow.

Nicole: Are they gone?

Jane: Yes.

Nicole: I'm not ready to see anyone yet.

Jane: Are you okay? You need me to get the nurse?

Nicole: No. No, no. Don't leave me alone.

Jane: I won't. What was it in particular that scared you just now, Nicole?

Nicole: I don't know. I'm sorry.

Jane: It's okay. It's not your fault.

Cho, Rigsby and Van Pelt are going to Sullivan's tavern. Cho and Rigsby enter the toilet but Van Pelt stays outside.

Cho: Rulon, we need to talk to you about Kara Palmer. Let's go.

Rulon tries to leave. Cho and Rigsby try to stop him.

Cho: Rigsby, get up! Come on, get up!

Van Pelt enters the toilet and hits Rulon, who falls.

Cho: Oh! Let's go.

Hospital, Jane waits for Nicole to wake up. He hear a piano.

Flashback, Jane's daughter plays piano:

Jane's daughter: Daddy, listen.

End of Flashback

Jane's phone is calling

Jane: Uh, what? Yeah, yeah. I'll be there.
Sheriff's Office

Cho: So how is it you know Kara Palmer?

Rulon: This town's on my regular route, and I stop here to eat. Huntin's store is next door to the diner. One day I walk in there, and a tight little pair of buns caught my eye. Boy meets girl. So I walk over, and I start up a conversation.

Cho: What did you talk about?

Rulon: Offered her $10 to sit in my lap. She said no, but she said no in that kind of way like I was lowballing her, Not no, like, to the general principle. So I guess you could say I've been courting her.I'm through town, (Jane takes Kara's MP3) I stop by, I give her some free stuff.

Van Pelt: What did you expect from Kara in return for the free stuff?

Rulon: I gave her a lot of stuff, So I'm thinking eventually... some form of sexual congress.

Van Pelt (exasperate): And what did you get?

Rulon: I disgust you, don't I?

Van Pelt: A little, yeah.

Rulon: You're pretty. How's your lipstick supply? You beautiful people got no ideawhat unattractive guys go through. Don't I have a heart? Don't I long to be held,to be loved, to be cherished? Yes, I do. So I gotta pay for a little human contact every now and then. sh**t me. It's not my fault I look like this.

Cho: It is, actually. With a low carb diet and exercise, you could look very different. (Lisbon laugh)

Rulon: I got a glandular problem.

Jane: Uh, how heavy are you, exactly?

Rulon: 245. I... I've lost a lot of weight in the last year.

Van Pelt: You expected sexual favoris from Kara. What did you get?

Rulon: She was a beautiful woman. There's nothing more beautiful than a beautiful woman, is there?

Cho: What did you get from Kara?

Rulon: Nothing at all. In France, they'd have called her a coquette. I was... always held out high hopes. I mean, there's always hope.

Jane: There sure is.

Van Pelt: Suppose she never did put out for you. How would you feel?

Rulon: If I k*lled all the omen that had rejected me... I'd have k*lled a lot of women.

Cho: We can place you at the same bar where Kara was last seen the night of her m*rder.

Rulon (laughing): So were a whole boatload of other people.

Cho: Where were you between the hours of 1:30 and 7:00 that morning?

Rulon: My motel.

Van Pelt: Were you alone?

Rulon: Yeah, I was.

Cho: So you have no alibi.

Rulon: Nope. Doesn't look good for me, does it?

Cho: You seem fine with that.

Rulon: You know, I read that prosecutors are not real happy with juries nowadays, 'cause those folks watt a lot of crime shows on TV, and they walk in there expecting every crime scene to have, like, DNA, hair, whatnot. And if that prosectorat does not hand them the defendant's spit on a plate, (He hit on the table) not guilty.

Cho: You saying you're innocent or careful?

Rulon: You'll never know.

The team move away a little

Cho: He has no alibi, and I can't find an angle to get at him. He's shameless. He likes the attention.

Rigsby: Maybe we should let Jane at him.

Lisbon: Hey, Jane. Want to have a cr*ck at him?

Jane doesn't hear Lisbon because he's listening to music

Lisbon: Jane!

Jane: Oh, him? Oh, let him go.

Lisbon stops music

Lisbon: Let him go?

Cho: What for?

Rigsby: We had to fight to catch him.

Jane: Oh, you're such policemen. Yes, let him, go. Set him free. He's telling the truth.

Lisbon: You know this how?

Jane: He liked Kara. Why would he k*ll her and kidnap Nicole? Doesn't make any sense. Besides, he blushed when he lied about his weight. A man without guile... innocent. Kara...not quite as innocent as she's been painted.

Van Pelt: By the word of a creep.

Jane: An honest creep whose stuff she took knowing what kind of a man he was.

Lisbon: Free eyeliner doesn't make her a whore, and a man blushing, embarrassed by his weight, hardly makes him innocent. It makes him sensitive about his weight. I think
he's a good prospect. We should keep him close. (She see Kara's MP3) Hey, is that Kara's Mp3 player?

Lisbon: What are you doing with it?

Jane: Uh, listening to music. It's pretty good.

Lisbon: But that's evidence. You can't play with that.

Jane: Evidence of what, that she likes music?

Lisbon: It's in the log as physical evidence. It's evidence.

Jane: Okay. (Talking of Lisbon) What's with her?

Rigsby: Seriously, if it's in the log, it's in the log. You can't touch it.

Jane: Really? All right.Well, uh... I'm sorry. I, uh, I didn't realize it was a sacred thing. I'll put it right back. You gonna release Rulon or what?

Lisbon: I don't want to, but I don't have enough to hold him on. (To Cho)Let him go. We'll keep him under surveillance. Put that back.

Jane: All right. It's going.

Cho: Rulon, you can go. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Jane: There it is.

# I never hurt nobody #
# Never done nobody wrong #
# Just tackle me and do it if you want to come along #

Jane going to the hospital to see Nicole

Jane: Nicole? Hey. You want to get out of here?

She says yes

Jane: Put these on as quick as you can. Quick as you can.

He leaves bedroom and speaks to a policeman

Jane: Hi. I... if I may? (He takes his cap) Thank you. I'll be right back.

He leaves and the policeman runs after him

Policeman: Hey. Hey! Hey!

Jane enters and wants Nicole to leave hospital before the policeman arrives

To the tavern, Rigsby and Lisbon are there.

Lisbon: There's nothing left to eat. You cleaned us out this morning. Listen.

Rigsby: Cars?

Lisbon: The flow of them. It's like a hum. What if Nicole didn't hear water that night? What if it was the flow of traffic?

Rigsby: Then we should have been searching cabins on this side of town, near the highway.

Lisbon: We'll split up. I'll get a ranger to come and get me, Search the likely spots. You stay with Rulon.

Jane and Nicole are in the car, in the forest

Nicole: Where are we going?

Jane: You trust me, Nicole?

Nicole: Yes.

Jane opens the MP3

Jane: I'm gonna help you remember what happened to you that night.

Nicole: I don't want to remember.

Jane: You have to. Wherever you go, untel you know the trust of what happened, you will be haunted. Until you see Kara's dealer redeemed, you'll be haunted. You have to know the truth.

# Curled up like a cat at the corner of everything #
# Don't feel bad even if you could #
# Because if you did not do it someone else just would #
# It's easy #

Nicole: Makes me feel sad.

Jane: It's the same music that was playing in Kara's car that night.

Nicole: Yes. Yes. How did you know that? Are you psychic? (Jane smile)

Jane: No. These machines have clocks. They log in their memory
what was played when. Kara told you the secret, didn't she? Terrible secret she'd been keeping from you. But she had to tell you. She had to be honest.

# That time forgot #
# And though somme names have changed #

Nicole: I'm gonna be sick.

Jane: Okay.

He stops

Nicole: She said that I shouldn't marry Jason... Because he's no good, and then I said she was wrong. Then she said that she knows he's no coud because... She and him were sneaking around behind my back... hooking up.

Jane: I'm sorry.

She leaves the car, Jane follows her

Jane: Nicole, then what happened?

Nicole: No. I don't want to remember any more.

Jane: You must.

Nicole: No. I'm scared.

Jane: I've been where you're going. I know how you feel. I know. But you have to be brave. I'm here. I won't let anything bad happen. I promise.

# Bow down before #
# Adore, adore #
# Bow down before #
# Adore, adore #

Flashback, Nicole leaves car and she was sicked

Kara: Sorry. I'm so sorry!

A car arrives

Kara: Nicole, get back in the car.

Nicole: Go screw yourself!

Kara: Get in the car!

A man arrives

Nicole: Hey, mister, are you looking for a good time? Because my friend here is a cheap whore, and I'm sure she'd be happy (He hit her) ... ohh!

# And I'll be there when you get home in evening #

Kara come in see Nicole but the man k*ll her

Nicole: Oh! I'm being carried now. I can hear the engine. It's vibrating.

Jane: Gasoline or diesel?

Nicole: Sounded like a diesel.

Jane: Where is he taking you? Is it a long journey?

Nicole: No. No, not long. short. A bumpy road.

END of flash-back

In hospital:

Sheriff Nelson (calling): Agent Lisbon, your man Jane just kidnapped Nicole Gilbert from the hospital.

Lisbon is in a car with Kyle

Lisbon: Oh, no.

Sheriff Nelson: Oh, yes. And I'm not happy. In fact, I'm mad as hell. You people are my guests. You can't come in here and abduct my suspects!

Lisbon: Sheriff, I will fix this. Let me get on it right away. (She hangs back up) Son of a bitch.

Kyle: What's up?

Lisbon: Personnel issues (She call Jane) Pick up your phone, damn it.

Jane's phone rings

Nicole: We're stopping now. It's like an old shed. It was small and dark... and cold and dusty. I'm scared. Help me! Somebody help me! The door won't open. I can't get out.

Flashback, she is in a cabin

Jane: You will get out.

Nicole: I can't get out!

Jane: It's gonna be fine. The... the door will open. It will open. Is it bolted?

Nicole: Somebody help!

Nicole: No!

Jane: Chained?

Nicole: No, I don't think so. I'm trapped.

Nicole: I'm gonna die.

Nicole: Oh, my god. I'm gonna die!

Jane: Nicole, you can open it. It's your choice. The door is unlocked if you want it to be. Open the door, Nicole. Open it.

She tries to open the door but a man arrives ... It's Kyle.

END of flashback

Kyle and Lisbon are in a caban

Lisbon: It's cold up here at night, huh?

Kyle: Yeah, and broiling during the day. Worst of both worlds.

Nicole and Jane

Nicole: He... he's got a Kn*fe on me.

Flashback, He restrains her with a Kn*fe

Nicole: Aah! He's trying to r*pe me, but I won't let him.

She hits him, takes Kn*fe and runs away

END of flash-back

Kyle and Lisbon. Jane calling her.

Lisbon: Where the hell are you?

Jane: Nicole remembered everything. She can describe the suspect. We're looking for a tall, well-built man with brown hair and glasses, mid 30s.

Lisbon: That's it? That describes half the men in California.

Jane: Yeah, that's it, but at least we know it wasn't her that k*lled Kara. And it wasn't Rulon Farnes.

Lisbon: Nice work. For this you illegally abducted her from the sheriff's custody?

Jane: Yeah. I was... I was gonna tell you about it, but I figured seeing that it's illegal, best to keep you out of it so that you have deniability.

Lisbon: Oh, how considerate of you. Listen to me carefully and do exactly as I tell you. Take her back to the hospital right nos and sincerely apologize to sheriff Nelson.

They hang up

Kyle: Wow. What was all that about?

Lisbon: My bad karma.

Kyle: How's she doing, anyway?

Lisbon: Who?

Kyle: The girl... Nicole. How's she holding up?

Lisbon: Okay, considering.

Kyle: She remember anything yet?

Lisbon: We're doing what we can.

Kyle: Good.

Jane and Nicole in the car

Jane: Is there anything else, anything specific that you can remember about him?

Nicole: Just what he looked like. that's all I remember.

Jane: Doesn't matter how small it is. Little things like what his voice sounded like or what he smelled like or...

Nicole: Pineapple.

Jane: That's great. (He call Lisbon)

Lisbon: Is this the last place to check?

Kyle: No, there's one more place.

Lisbon: All right, let's go. (She accept call) Hey.

Jane: Pineapple. He smelled like pineapple.

Lisbon: Pineapple? What the hell go... (Flashback, Lisbon remember had see a desodorisant to pineraie in Kyle's car) Okay, good. Listen, tell Rigsby Teresa needs his help. Me? I'm at the Eagle Pine Lodge off Route 6.

Jane: Okay.

She puts her phone in her pocket but she doesn't close it

Lisbon: Kyle, let's stay calm and think this through.

Kyle: Think what through?

Lisbon: I really don't want to sh**t you, but I do have to take you into custody for k*lling Kara Palmer. What are we gonna do about that?

Kyle: It's not like I set out to hurt anyone. I just wanted to talk to Nicole.

Lisbon: Before she ran off and got married?

Kyle: I've noticed her around town for a long time. I didn't want her marrying that guy Jason. she's too good for him.

Lisbon: Please, Kyle, I really and truly do not want to hurt you.

Kyle: You like your chances, do you?

They take out g*ns and sh**t

Jane: Uh, Lisbon? Lisbon? Lisbon!

Lisbon: Shh!

Jane: You all right?

Lisbon: Yeah. Did you call Rigsby?

Jane: Yeah, he's on his way. Listen, I have an idea.

She send his phone in middle of piece

Jane: Lisbon, be careful!

Kyle sh**t twice. But Lisbon approaches. So he goes outside the cabin and Lisbon holds his g*n on him.

Lisbon: Drop it!

Rigsby arrives

Rigsby: Really drop it. On your knees. Hands, come on. Let's go. come on.

Sheriff's Office

Cho: Nice work, Jane.

Nicole: I was hoping I'd find you here.

Jane: Yeah, we're, uh, we're just about to hit the road.

She takes him in her arms

Nicole: Thank you.

Jane: It's okay. You know, uh, eventually you'll start to remember the good things.

Nicole: Yeah.

Nicole's father (to Lisbon): It goes without saying...

Lisbon: You're welcome.

Nicole's father (to his daughter): You ready to go?

Lisbon: Good-bye.

Nicole: Bye.

They leave

Lisbon: Hey, can you believe he fellah for that old cell phone gag?

Jane: "old cell phone gag"? I invented that right there and then... rather brilliantly, I thought.

Lisbon: Oh, please. I've seen that done a dozen times.

Jane: What do you mean? Where?

Lisbon: On TV.

Jane: Oh, on TV. Well, anything can happen on TV. (They are coming in the car) The question is, where have you seen that done in real life?

END