04x11 - An Affair to Forget

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Boy Meets World". Aired: September 1993 to May 2000.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A coming-of-age comedy follows Cory as he juggles school, friends and romance.

04x11 - An Affair to Forget

Post by bunniefuu »

Opening Credits
[SCENE – John Adams High hallway. Cory watches a whole bunch of guys talk to Jennifer from a distance. Topanga enters and stands next to Cory.]

Topanga: Why are all those guys talking to Shawn’s girlfriend?

Cory: Well, Shawn and Jennifer broke up this morning. Look at her, she’s already on the prowl.

Topanga: Well how’s Shawn taking it?

Cory: Are you kidding? Shawn is Shawn. You can’t keep Shawn down. (Looks down to his side, where Shawn is slumped on the floor against the lockers) Get up, Shawn.

Shawn: (To himself) She dumped me. She dumped me good. And I didn’t even see it coming.

Cory: Look what they done to my boy. (Squats down to comfort Shawn)

Topanga: (Steps over Shawn to his other side) Look, Shawn, if it’s any consolation, I think you can do a lot better than Jennifer Basset.

Shawn: You think so?

Cory: Uh, wait a minute, Topanga, have you looked at her. (Gestures towards Jennifer, Topanga looks)

Topanga: (Stands) Okay, so she’s pretty, she’s tall, she drives a new red convertible… Oh, heck, I’d go out with her. (Turns to her locker)

Cory: (Goes from squatting to his knees) Okay, okay, I didn’t want to say this when you were going out with her, but if you ask me, Shawn, Jennifer Basset is one stuck-up, conceded girl.

Shawn: (Meekly) You think so?

Cory: Oh, yeah! Nose way up in the air! And frankly, Shawn, I’m not so sure it’s her real nose.

Shawn: (Taken aback) You mean… (Sits up)

Cory: Plastic. Just like her personality. So you’re really not missing out on anything. (Pats Shawn’s knee) So get up. (Stands) And be Shawn!

Shawn: Yeah. (Stands) Yeah, you’re right. (Walks over to Jennifer and taps her shoulder to get her attention) You know what I think, Jen? I think you’re conceded. Yeah, that’s right, conceded. And stuck-up and… something about your nose!

Jennifer: (Touches her nose) What about my nose?

Shawn: Um…

Jennifer: (Frantically) Who said something about my nose?

Shawn: (Panicky) Um… (Turns to look at Cory)

Cory: (Extremely uncomfortably) Um…

Jennifer: (Smugly, to Shawn) So it was your best friend Cory who made you say these bad, bad things, hm?

Shawn: (Snickers) Like I’d ever tell you. (Jennifer grabs Shawn’s head and pulls him in and kisses him) Cory Matthews. Son of Alan and Amy. Grandson of Nana and Sam.

Cory: (From across the room) How could you sell out my Nana?

Jennifer: (To Shawn) Y’know, I’ve been thinking. Maybe there still could be something between us. (Grabs him, spins him around, pins him against a wall, then rubs her nose against him)

Shawn: (Twitches) I’d be willing to give it another try. (They begin walking arm-in-arm down the hall) Just as long as you’re not mad at Cory.

Jennifer: No, Shawn, he’s your best friend. How could I ever come between you and your best friend? (Hisses like a cat at Cory as she passes, she and Shawn exit)

Cory: (To Topanga, who’s wide-eyed) Did you see that?

Topanga: Yeah, I saw that.

Cory: Well, what do you think it means?

Topanga: Nothing good for you.

[SCENE – Chubbie’s. Shawn is sitting at a table when Cory enters and spots him.]

Cory: Shawn, hey. (Sits) Listen, I was just curious, what does it mean when a girl goes… (Hisses)

Shawn: Cory, c’mon, she was just being playful.

Cory: Playful like a spider when it catches a fly and sucks out its head-meat?

Shawn: She was upset, y’know. I mean, after all those terrible things you said about her it’s really…

Cory: (Interrupting) Shawn, I said ‘em to you. To make my best friend feel better about being dumped. May I speak freely?

Shawn: I don’t think that’s wise.

(Jennifer enters, unbeknownst to Cory, and approaches him from behind, and stops directly behind him)

Cory: Well maybe I’m just not wise, but I think Jennifer, or should I say Zathrak the Undead is a stuck-up, manipulative… (Stops, realizes) Oh, she’s right behind me anticipating my head-meat, isn’t she?

Jennifer: Hello, Cory.

Cory: (Stays facing forward, holds up a hand) All hail Zathrak.

Jennifer: (Goes over to Shawn, fusses affectionately with his shirt) Shawn, you and I have been working so hard to make this relationship work, but there are some people who only want to tear us apart. So I don’t think we should allow those negative presences in out lives, do you?

Shawn: Well, now, Jennifer, I’m not quite so sure I see it that way. (Jennifer passionately kisses him, and they falling, kissing into an adjacent booth. Cory looks on interestedly) (From the booth, unseen) Wow, suddenly everything is so clear.

Jennifer: (Also unseen from the booth) Then you see my point?

Shawn: (Unseen, from booth) Yes, yes. You’re a really good debater.

Jennifer: (With Shawn, sits up in the booth) So, if you want to be my boyfriend then I think you should tell Cory you can’t see him anymore.

Shawn: But we’ve been best friends our whole lives. I mean, how am I just supposes to say, “Cory, you’re out of my life”? (Looks over into Jennifer’s eyes) Ooh, more. (They begin making out once more and fall into the booth seat) (Unseen) Cory! Could you come here for a sec?

Cory: (Gleefully) Oh! Maybe this is good news! (Goes over to Shawn’s booth and looks down, terrified)

[Cut to much later. Cubbie’s is being cleaned up and only Cory remains, slumped over on the floor much like Shawn in the first scene. Topanga stands over him.]

Topanga: Get up, Cory.

Cory: (Miserably) He dumped me. He dumped me good. And I thought, “Oh! Maybe this is good news…”

[SCENE – Matthews’ kitchen. Eric gets some milk from the fridge when Alan and Amy]

Eric: It’s about time you kids got home, it’s almost eleven ‘o’clock, I was worried sick! I had Feeny looking for you, I called the police.

Amy: Really? (Takes off coat)

Eric: Nah, didn’t even know you left. So, nice time?

Amy: Yes, went to the theater.

Eric: Mmm… (Pours milk into a cup) Big musical extravaganza?

Amy: Nope, one-woman show. (Drops playbook on the table)

Eric: (Sits) Juggling?

Alan: No, there wasn’t any juggling. (Sits) She sat on a stool and told the remarkable of her life.

Eric: Ah, couldn’t afford a real show, huh, Dad?

Alan: (Pulls the ticket from his coat pocket and hands it to Eric) ‘Scuse me?

Eric: (Reads ticket) (Incredulously) Thirty bucks? You spent thirty bucks to listen to some lady on a stool?

Alan: We weren’t the only ones. Three hundred seat theater, sold out. (Pours a glass of milk)

Eric: Three hundred seats at thirty bucks a pop? That’s like… three hundred times… thirty.

Amy: The show’s been sold out for months, we were lucky to get seats. (Sits)

Eric: Sold out for months, huh? (Peers closely at tickets) Interesting…

[Cut to later. Eric is alone, pecking awkwardly at a laptop in the kitchen. Before him is a huge printer and many sheets of paper, both clean and used. Cory enters and takes notice]

Cory: (Leans in a reads a sheet) “Eric Matthews: Look at Me, Look at Me: A One Woman Show.”

Eric: Oh yeah, man. (Fixes the sheet with a pen) See, for me, this would me man.

Cory: (Takes some sheets from the table and looks at them) So you’re writing a play.

Eric: Yep.

Cory: (Unsurely) About you.

Eric: Yeah. (Turns to Cory) Y’know, let me bounce the opening off you.

Cory: Let me bounce this off you. (Throws the papers at Eric) Nobody cares. (Sits)

Eric: Oh, they’ll care. They’ll care because I am a human life. And when you look at my human life, there’s all these amazing moments that just pop out. Landmark moments that when you put them down on paper they just explode right off the page. (Shuts eyes, then opens them) Wake up, damn you. (Phone rings, Eric stands up and answers) Yello? (Pause) Nope, no Dory here.

Cory: (Stands, walks over) Eric, it’s for me. (Takes phone) Thanks. (Into phone) Shawn?

[Cut to split screen. Cory is on the phone in his kitchen on the right, Shawn is on a payphone somewhere on the left]

Shawn: You’re supposed to call me Dawn!

Cory: Why, is Jennifer there?

Shawn: Dennifer! No, she’s at the mall.

Cory: Y’know what, this is ridiculous, how can you let some girl tell you you can’t see your best friend? It’s just wrong. You hear me? Wrong. (Long pause) Shawn, are you there?

Shawn: (Slight pause) Yeah, it’s just… listening to the sound of your voice and… (Plays with phone cord) thinking about the old days.

Cory: I gotta see you.

Shawn: No. No, we both know that’s impossible.

Cory: Because of… her? You’re gonna let her stand in the way of what we had? Shawn, if you won’t see me, then I’ll come right over there and see you.

Shawn: No! No, don’t come here.

Cory: I will not be ignored!

Shawn: (Grits his teeth) Okay. Okay, I’ll see you. But just this once.

Cory: That’s all I’m asking for.

Shawn: The library, tomorrow morning, eight ‘o’clock.

Cory: (Playing with phone cord) The library it is. Then I’ll step aside forever. (They both lower the phones as if to hang up, then raise them back to their ears yearningly. They hang up)

[The split screen wipes to the left, leaving just Cory on screen. Cory turns around to find Eric, who is staring, arms folded]

Eric: (After a pause) I want my own room.

[SCENE – John Adams High library. Shawn sits alone at a table with a cinnamon bun on a plate in front of him, looking around worriedly. Jennifer enters and sees Shawn]

Jennifer: (Surprised) Oh, hi Shawn.

Shawn: (Stands, staggered) Jennifer! Uh, how ya doing? Really?

Jennifer: I’ve been looking all over for you. But, what are you doing in the library?

Shawn: (Nods) I’m studying. Really!

Jennifer: You see? (Sits, as does Shawn) Now that you’re not spending all that time with Cory, you’re putting your free time to better use. (Sees the plate) Who’s the cinnamon bun for?

Shawn: What, what, what? This one here? (Looks down at it)

Jennifer: Yeah, the one with the little blue bow and the C on it.

Shawn: (Chuckles uncomfortably, nods) Right, right. It’s got a C on it. It, uh… it stands for… (Holds bun to Jennifer) See? I knew you’d be here. (Jennifer takes the bun and begins to eat it)

(Topanga walks over)

Topanga: Hi, Shawn.

Shawn: Oh, Topanga! (Gestures to Jennifer) You know…

Jennifer & Topanga: (To each other, obviously acting) Hi!

Topanga: (To Shawn) Look, I just came from the classics section. Y’know, classics? Old favorites? There’s something there you might be interested in.

Shawn: Oh. Okay, thank you, Topanga. (Stands) I’m just gonna go check out that book, then. (Slowly moves towards the book shelf, Jennifer looks down at the bun)

Cory: (Whispering from behind the shelf) Shawn!

Shawn: (Whispering) Cory! Is that you?

Cory: No, it’s the audio books section, ya moron. (Shawn moves some books away, revealing Cory’s face) Hey! I was hoping you’d come alone.

Shawn: Yeah, I tried, but you-know-who wouldn’t hear of it. I think she suspects.

Cory: Hey, I understand that she’s important to you.

Shawn: We both knew that this would happen eventually.

Cory: (Nodding) Getting older.

Shawn: Meeting girls.

Cory: Having relationships with those girls.

Shawn: Which means there less time for best friends…

Cory: (Says the first words with Shawn, then finishes the sentence) …best friends to spend time together.

Shawn: It’s only natural.

Cory: Sure, natural. Hey, that cinnabun was for me, wasn’t it?

Shawn: (Bashfully) …Cory…

Cory: (Smiles and Nods) (After a pause) We gotta meet.

Shawn: Where?

Cory: Paris!

Shawn: That’s the first place she’d look!

Cory: Well, if not Paris, then where?

Shawn: Some place no woman would ever look.

Cory: Ohh! The Three Stooges.

Shawn: I don’t see how that would work, actually.

Cory: Well it’s simple, we’re just gonna have to find stolen time to sneak off and talk about sports and stuff.

Shawn: That’s no life.

Cory: It’s all we have left. (Holds his hand on the shelf to shake)

Jennifer: (Walks over) Shawn? (Shawn quickly jams the books back into the gap through which he & Cory were talking) You’ve been over here an awfully long time. (Pause, realizes) Is he here?

Shawn: He? I have no idea of any “he” of whom you speak run.

(Jennifer moves over and yanks the books out of place, but Cory darts his head to a gap one shelf done. Simultaneously, Jennifer looks through that gap and Cory moves to another gap one shelf over. She then looks into that gap and Cory ducks out of sight)

Shawn: See? I, uh, told you he wasn’t there.

Jennifer: Fine. Walk me to French class? (Rubs his shoulder) Ugh, you seem so tense. (Rubs his neck) I’ll sit behind you and rub your shoulders, hm?

Shawn: (Dejectedly) Yeah, I’d like that. (Jennifer exits, pulling him along by the hand. Shawn looks back at the bookshelf sadly as they exit)

Cory: (From behind the bookshelf, sadly) I used to sit behind him.

[SCENE – Yard between Feeny’s house & the Matthews’ house. Eric enters from his house, carrying a thick book]

Eric: (Doesn’t see Feeny) Mr. Feeny? MR. FEENY!

Mr. Feeny: (Stands up from his gardening, the fence had been obscuring him) I’m right here, Mr. Matthews.

Eric: Oh. (Chuckles) Hey, I need you to do me a favor. I need you to read this. It’s a play I wrote.

Feeny: (Glance shifts uncomfortably from Eric to the book and back) Really?

Eric: Ya. My one-man show. Four hundred pages all about me.

Feeny: (Shakes his head) No, no, no. Don’t care.

Eric: (Tapping cover) No, but this is all about me! I mention you in it, too. Just listen. (Opens book, begins to read) “It’s last summer. I’m on my cross-country road trip and…” (Passes the book to Feeny)

Feeny: (Reading) “There I was, on the dusty, dirty highway. The hot wind howled like a kind of howling… hot… windy thing.” (Looks up in disgust) Are you actually going to perform this in front of people?

Eric: Oh, yeah, yeah. I rented out that little theater on Beck street. Y’know, the one right above the bowling alley. That reminds me, I’d like you to have this complementary ticket. (Passes a ticket to Feeny)

Feeny: (Staring at ticket, with feigned happiness) Ahh… Gee…

Eric: Yeah. Oh, yeah, another thing, if you have any friends that are, like, play… types. If you could do me a favor and maybe sell fifty or a hundred of these? (Hands a stack of tickets to Feeny) Really appreciate it. (Smiles)

Feeny: (Reads ticket price) Thirty dollars each?

Eric: Yeah, well, the matinee’s twenty-two fifty, but between you and me I kinda pull back on my performance a little bit. (Shrugs)

Feeny: Well, I can see you’ve thought this through, so, best of luck, and, uh… (Looks Eric in the eye, shakes his head) wow. (Turns and exits)

(Exits waves goodbye with a point and returns to his house, smiling widely)

[SCENE – Matthews’ kitchen. Cory is cooking and there are all kinds of ingredients on the counter before him. Amy looks on from across the kitchen as Alan enters from upstairs]

Alan: Mm! Company, huh?

Amy: (Walks closer) It’s adorable he’s been at it all afternoon. (To Cory) Honey, do you need some help?

Cory: Mom, I said dinner was at 6:30 sharp. Here it is, 7:02, and nowhere to be seen.

(Topanga knocks at the door holding a pie and enters)

Alan: There she is, everything’s okay.

Amy: Topanga, you have no idea how much he loves you.

Alan: We’ll just get out of your way. (Pulls Amy to exit)

Topanga: (Sets down pie) Sorry I’m late, Cory, but the pie took forever and I wanted it to be perfect for your big dinner tonight.

Cory: Thanks, bit I’m afraid we’ve both wasted our time.

Topanga: He’ll show up.

Cory: (Begins to pace around the island) Yeah, he’ll show up. (Takes off apron) In the mean time, I’ll just stick my beef brochettes back in the oven until they’re ruined! (Throws apron on the floor)

Topanga: (Walks to Cory) Look, Cory, I’ve got to go to dinner with my parents, and you have got to lighten up, mister. (Phone rings twice) Aren’t you going to answer that?

Cory: (Waves at phone) Oh, let him worry for a change. (The phone continues to ring. Topanga folds her arms smugly, and Cory stands uncomfortably) Oh, who am I kidding. (Rushes over to phone and answers it) Hello?

[A split screen comes up again. Cory in the kitchen on the right, and Shawn decked out in tennis gear and holding a racket on the left]

Shawn: It’s me. Look, uh…

Cory: You’re not coming.

Shawn: I just can’t make it tonight, man.

Cory: I see. (Folds arms)

Shawn: Is that okay?

Cory: Well, if you’re asking me am I hurt, no. I’m not hurt.

Shawn: It’s just that Jennifer invited me to a country club and…

Cory: (Indignantly) And you couldn’t very well tell her you’re having dinner with me.

Shawn: Cory, she found my box of Cinnabun receipts.

Cory: (Eyes widen) I told you to burn those!

Shawn: I couldn’t. And now she won’t let me out of her sight.

Jennifer: (From off-screen) Shawn! A court’s open.

Shawn: (To Cory) Look, I gotta go. I’m sorry.

Cory: I’m sorry too, but I’m not hurt. (Like before, they both lower the phones as though to hang up, then raise them back to their ears yearningly. They hang up)

[The screen wipes to the left, clearing the split screen and leaving the sh*t of the Matthews’ kitchen]

Cory: (To Topanga) He doesn’t even like tennis.

Topanga: (Walks to Cory) Cory, look at yourself. You’re a wreck.

Cory: (Paces across room) Don’t you see, Topanga, Shawn doesn’t need me anymore. He’s got Jennifer now.

Topanga: (Follows Cory) Look, Cory, when you and I first started going out, I never kept you from seeing Shawn. Because I understand that there’s something about a best friend that no one can replace.

Cory: You understood that?

Topanga: Of course. Why would I spent the entire baking a pie that I know I’m never going to eat?

Cory: Because you’re a sweet girl.

Topanga: And Shawn deserves a sweet girl, too. A girl who understands that a best friend is part of who you are. And if she doesn’t accept your best friend than she’s really not accepting you.

Cory: Yeah, so, what do you think I should do?

Topanga: I think you should forget about dinner here, clean up the kitchen, and in about and hour go have dinner at Chubbie’s.

Cory: Why?

Topanga: In about an hour. (Exits)

[SCENE – Eric’s show at the theater. The scene is preceded by a sh*t of a very humorous poster for Eric’s play. In the theater, a crowd looks onto a dark stage. On the stage, there are two stool, upon the left one is Eric, dressed completely in black, and a stereo sits on the other. His head in pulled into his shirt and he is looking straight down. A spotlight shows on the stage and the sounds of a spank follows by a baby crying comes from the stereo.]

Eric: (With his head still in his shirt) June 24th. 1978. I am born. (Slowly pulls head through collar) (In the audience, Feeny, Alan, and Amy look horrified) Sadat and Begin win the Nobel Prize. John Paul I-I is elected the new pope. And a new dance craze… sweeps the nation. (Plays stereo, disco music plays, a disco ball is lowered from the ceiling)(Eric stands and strikes a disco pose. Thoughtfully) Remember… Remember? (Two audience members exit)

[Cut to later]

Eric: 1984, I poopoo on a bus. (Feeny, Alan, and Amy look bored and embarrassed) Nobody likes me. (Amy sinks in her chair)

[SCENE – Chubbie’s. In the backroom, Topanga waits patiently leaning against a pool table. Shawn enters, decked out in tennis gear, carrying a large trophy]

Shawn: Topanga? You, uh… (Places trophy on table) You wanted to see me?

Topanga: No, actually, there’s somebody else who wanted to see you. (Cory enters, shuffling his feet) (Topanga looks back and forth between them) Well, I know you two don’t get to see each other very often anymore, so I’ll just wait outside. (Exits)

Shawn: (Friendly) Some girlfriend.

Cory: I’ve always thought so.

Shawn: So… (Gestures to table) sh**t some stick?

Cory: I’ll rack.

Shawn: I’ll break. (The two move to the far end of the table, Shawn moving his trophy to a stool and Cory racking the pool balls)

Cory: Y’know, Shawn, we used to be able to play a game of pool without the specter of the Wicked Witch of the West hanging over us. (Grabs a cue stick) Not that I’m saying your girlfriend’s a wicked witch or anything.

Shawn: (Half-heartedly) No, no. No, of course not.

Cory: Look, if you’re going out with this girl, than there’s gotte be something real nice about her. And I just want you to be happy.

Shawn: Thanks. But it is so hard to take you seriously with chalk on your nose.

Cory: Oh. (Wipes nose) Did I get it?

Shawn: Nah, here, let me… (Begins rubbing Cory’s nose)

(Jennifer enters and gasps. Cory yelps. Shawn turns and his eyes widen)

Jennifer: Shawn. How could you do this to me?

Shawn: No. No, no, no, this isn’t Cory… This is cake! Well… obviously it’s not cake. The kind of cake you’re used to. But I can explain. No. No, no, I can’t! How did you know I was here?

Jennifer: (Holds up phone) I got an anonymous tip on my cell phone.

Cory: But from who? I mean, the only one who knew we were here was… (Gasps) To-panga!

Topanga: (enters) Yes, it was I who made the call.

Cory: But why?

Topanga: It’s time she knew. (To Jennifer) That’s right, Jennifer. Cory and Shawn have kept their relationship alive despite your evil attempt to keep them apart. Because in the end, Jennifer, true friendship is stronger than the lure of a cheap kiss. Hey! I’m talking to you up there!

Jennifer: (To Shawn) So, even though you swore you wouldn’t, you’ve been sneaking behind my back to see… him.

Shawn: (Quietly) Yeah, I have.

Jennifer: Look, I don’t have time for this. I’m giving you an ultimatum. It’s him, or it’s… (Leans in a gives Shawn a deep kiss) …me.

Shawn: (Turns to Cory) Okay, what do you got?

Cory: (Shrugs, sadly) I can’t top that. (Begins to walk away)

Shawn: Wait, wait, wait. Hold on. (Turns to Jennifer) Look, Cory’s my friend, okay? And so is Topanga. Now, if you can’t be friends with my friends than… I’m not so sure I wanna be friends with you. (Jennifer folds her arms angrily) We can still kiss…

Jennifer: (Sighs) Consider yourself dumped, Shawn. (Long pause) Did you hear me? I said you’re dumped!

Shawn: Doesn’t bother me this time, Jennifer. (Walks over to Cory & Topanga) ‘Cause this time I realize I’m gaining more than I’m losing.

Jennifer: (Contemptuously) Well. I hope you’ll all be very happy together. (Begins to make a face at Cory as she exits)

Cory: Yeah, I know, I know. (Hisses mockingly)

(Jennifer exits)

Cory: Well, g*ng, the good thing is things are finally back to normal. No more secrets, no more lies, no more sneaking around…

Shawn: Yeah. Yeah, we can do whatever the heck we wanna do together, whenever we wanna do it.

Cory: So… What do you wanna do?

Shawn: (Shrugs) I don’t know, what do you wanna do?

Cory: (Shrugs, sighs) See you at school?

Shawn: Yeah. Yeah, okay, I’ll see you at school.

Cory: Okay.

(They both quickly walk in opposite directions, with Cory exiting. Topanga stands by herself, pointing in both directions, looking extremely confused)

[TAG – Eric’s show. He is performing his monologue]

Eric: I am eighteen years old and at a crossroads in my life. Crossroads… (Moves robotically into a pose) Transition. (Amy is sleeping, Alan is frustrated) I am now five again. Kindergarten and I don’t know which cubby is mine. Crossroads. (Takes a few thoughtful steps) Naptime. (Alan is hitting himself in the face) (Eric sits on a stool, next to it is Feeny, also on a stool)

Feeny: How ya doing?

Eric: Mr. Feeny, why did I expect anybody to come and hear me talk about my life. My life is meaningless. I mean, look at this, my own parents are sleeping through it. (Gestures towards parents)

Feeny: Eric, in the play of your life, all your great scenes lie ahead of you.

Eric: So you’re saying in, like, thirty or forty years I could write a play that you’d wanna come and see?

Feeny: No, tonight pretty much k*lled any interest I had.

Eric: (Nods) Mr. Feeny, you know everything, where does my life go from here?

Feeny: Well, now, you have passion, you have drive. You certainly have guts. I frankly can’t wait to see what happens to you.

Eric: So you’re not gonna tell me to give up my life as an actor and go get a college education?

Feeny: Eric, I told you to get a college education ten thousand times. I don’t have to tell you any more.

Eric: What about my life as an actor?

Feeny: (Looks away) Get a college education.

[Cut to Alan and Amy in the crowd, who have been watching]

Alan: Say, this part’s pretty good.

Amy: Yeah, those two are great together.

[Cut back to Eric & Feeny. Eric has again tucked his head into his shirt, and Feeny looks at him, exasperated]

END OF EPISODE